PDA

View Full Version : choosing a team for yata gass

bigblackcock
07-16-2017, 09:27 PM
hey guys, as the title say i want your help with choosing a team for yata gass.
i won't have a problem to clear it up to ultimate mode with my water team, but i'm not confident they can beat ragnarok yet.
so i want to hear your advice on which team and soul i should choose, the soul will be only 1 i have a SSR weapon she can hold.

so let start with my boring water team:
in the pic you may see a letter+number in black, A- attack type, D- defender, number- level of skill weapon.
so here in team i have gabriel to decrease defense+ boost my attack and defense
triton to decrease attack, decrease chance for continuouse attack and self heal+attack and defense boost
nike to increase team defense and heal a little bit
oceanus increase self ability power and high damage to stunned enemy
the 2 souls i may use in this battle is either mordred for her debuffs or siegfried trying to finish her with oceanus+siegfried combo, the question if they'll have 100% burst gauge when she actually get stunned (and if they survive by that time lol)
solomon also can hold glaive, but can't see how she can help better than the other 2..

and for my other option, my strongest team- dark:
so here i have balor that can cast multiple of debuff such as blind, dizzy and stun (?) that may help me survive longer if she won't attack.
satan can decrease her defense (fram A i think) and help me to get her charging down by 1 with her other ability.
susanoo is basically for damage with her first ability and her stackable attack boost
and beelzebub to increase my team's attack+ rampage
for this team there are multiple souls i can use-
Arc- can use her skill to decrease damge for all team when yata gass use her "super move" which may increase my chance to survive+ regeneration to heal a little bit.
Andromeda- healling my team+ can increase defense and revive fallen kamihime in battle.
Siegfried- when yata gass is stunned it can go with either burst attack if my gauge is 100% or if not i can still use her ability to increase damage to stunned enemy and use beelzeub skill to put my team in rampage so the damage will be increased.
mordred- to be honest i'm not sure that i need her in this team for now, i have balor to take care of the debuffs and can use black propaganda as extra skill anyway, so i think the other souls will help me more than her.
solomon- again, can't see how she can help me here either XD

so what do you think? which team should i choose and what soul should i pick?

Aidoru
07-16-2017, 10:42 PM
Some things I can make out from the wiki. <br />
<br />
Fire enemy <br />
Easier than previous Ragnarok <br />
2 overdrive charge meter <br />
Raging overdrive applies strong def buff on boss. Halves damage? <br />
Normal overdrive...

noxybell
07-16-2017, 10:47 PM
This is a little off topic but still pertains to team composition and Ultimate difficulty clearance.

In Yata Garasu advent event, DMM first implemented Event Missions. Out of the numerous rewards, the hardest mission, "clearing Ultimate difficulty with only himes rarity R or below", has the best reward of a Dragon Eye shard piece. Are you planning about it?

As for your original question, if I were you I would search up DMM wiki to see the damage range of Yata Garasu. If she has high damage Rage burst or something similar, I would go for the Water team, just to capitalize on the natural elemental resistance.

Rhenosa
07-16-2017, 11:26 PM
This is a little off topic but still pertains to team composition and Ultimate difficulty clearance.

In Yata Garasu advent event, DMM first implemented Event Missions. Out of the numerous rewards, the hardest mission, "clearing Ultimate difficulty with only himes rarity R or below", has the best reward of a Dragon Eye shard piece. Are you planning about it?

wow i didnt know such thing exist, man... gotta readjust lots of stuff now.

sanahtlig
07-16-2017, 11:31 PM
Look again. (http://xn--hckqz0e9cygq471ahu9b.xn--wiki-4i9hs14f.com/index.php?cmd=backup&page=%E3%83%A4%E3%82%BF%E3%82%AC%E3%83%A9%E3%82%B9 %E9%99%8D%E8%87%A8%E6%88%A6&age=25)

noxybell
07-16-2017, 11:37 PM
Look again. (http://xn--hckqz0e9cygq471ahu9b.xn--wiki-4i9hs14f.com/index.php?cmd=backup&page=%E3%83%A4%E3%82%BF%E3%82%AC%E3%83%A9%E3%82%B9 %E9%99%8D%E8%87%A8%E6%88%A6&age=25)

Interesting. Perhaps I was looking at the wrong page (http://xn--hckqz0e9cygq471ahu9b.xn--wiki-4i9hs14f.com/index.php?ヤタガラス降臨戦)?

Gisborn
07-16-2017, 11:41 PM

dragon eye shard piece??

Kitty
07-17-2017, 05:56 AM
ok, so from what I've saw, her raging damage doesn't deal as much damage as I thought.. under 2k for all allies it seems? but that's with her atk lowered, which should be easy..mordred+jorm/triton
use your water team for sure.. use mordred, as she can use her max overdrive meter thing and debuff defense without an extra skill, gabriel have the 2nd def debuff, use chaos magic as extra skill but not til she's raging ofc, cause it will clear yatagas' def buff to herself after her strong atk or if she increases her def with normal atk in rage mode...it's a strong buff so your damage will lower a lot.. that only if she use it twice though.
remember gabriel increase burst gauge for allies with each hit, unlike any dark kami, nike healing will make sure they all survive til she's stunned, so you can use oceanus for a strong burst :D though i'm sure without nike you could survive anyway.. as it is for now, try to get more of the ATK weapon like you did with the gun, not that it matters too much... you can win with both dark and water for sure without using elixers :o but try with water, i don't think it'll be hard at all... i will try ragnarok this time, hopefully we can both win :o
why not try both and record both? XD

sanahtlig
07-17-2017, 08:19 AM
Interesting. Perhaps I was looking at the wrong page (http://xn--hckqz0e9cygq471ahu9b.xn--wiki-4i9hs14f.com/index.php?ヤタガラス降臨戦)?
My point was that you can use the Wiki's History ("backup") feature to see the page as it appeared before the revival (in this case, on the last day of the initial event). Doing so clearly shows that event missions did not exist at that point in time.

noxybell
07-17-2017, 10:04 AM
I blame the DMM wiki for doing a spectacular job of not organizing their content then.

bigblackcock
07-17-2017, 11:40 AM
so it's better to make her use her overdrive skill when she isn't raging as she won't be a tank, althogh i won't be able to heal for a while? <br />
i see, so water team would be better fo it, though i...

Kitty
07-17-2017, 05:22 PM
is mordred attack and def debuff are frame b? if so then like you said i can have her with 2 debuff as soon as the battle start.
i'll try to get more of that water glaive, but i also need to level up their skill as my current 1 have level 2 skill (well, it's kinda new lol)
i wouldn't be so sure if i can bet her "easy" with both teams as i never battled her and never saw her in action, so maybe i'll start with water team as we can challenge it only once a day so if i fail it's a lost of that green material.

yes, it's frame b atk/def -10% :o
good luck with finding more of the glaive, shouldn't be hard to level the skills though, and since we're just farming for weapon materials at this point in the union event we can level them easily :D
but, i know one thing... i've read a little about it in the wiki, and also saw a battle of ragnarok by a guy that's not much stronger than myself, and i'm pretty confident after watching how the battle is.. he didn't lose anyone in this battle. you're much stronger than me, so if i can do it, you can.. but yea, start with water team, and if you feel like it, attempt it with your dark team... if you think you'll fail(which i doubt), just quit the battle and it won't count as a loss :D at least we know the ultimate battles will be a piece of cake, and with the amount of elixer/half elixers you have, you don't even have to use them all to get all the rewards XD i hope you can complete ragnarok each day :o
but as it is now...preparing for the event, you can join any of my water raid if you want and have the bp spare ^_^

sanahtlig
07-17-2017, 06:57 PM
I blame the DMM wiki for doing a spectacular job of not organizing their content then.
I'm simply pointing out how to retrieve information about future events that's (more likely to be) accurate. My guild leader made the same mistake, resulting in wasted time and energy discussing bad info. Even after I pointed this out here, you can see that others persisted in discussing the (likely wrong) info.

To reiterate for those not following this conversation:
The Japanese wiki has a "backup" link that allows you to view past versions of each page. This is invaluable for obtaining snapshots of each event page BEFORE THE REVIVAL, after which rewards and features were often adjusted. These pre-revival versions are likely to match the event when it appears on Nutaku, though we also know that Nutaku may not incorporate revival adjustments even during revivals (see Apocalypse and Phoenix revival rewards).

bigblackcock
07-17-2017, 10:16 PM
good luck with finding more of the glaive, shouldn't be hard to level the skills though, and since we're just farming for weapon materials at this point in the union event we can level them easily :D
but, i know one thing... i've read a little about it in the wiki, and also saw a battle of ragnarok by a guy that's not much stronger than myself, and i'm pretty confident after watching how the battle is.. he didn't lose anyone in this battle. you're much stronger than me, so if i can do it, you can.. but yea, start with water team, and if you feel like it, attempt it with your dark team... if you think you'll fail(which i doubt), just quit the battle and it won't count as a loss :D at least we know the ultimate battles will be a piece of cake, and with the amount of elixer/half elixers you have, you don't even have to use them all to get all the rewards XD i hope you can complete ragnarok each day :o
but as it is now...preparing for the event, you can join any of my water raid if you want and have the bp spare ^_^
for now i have 120 half elixers which is 3 times more than i usually have and manage to MLB both weapon and eidolon, so no problem here.
well, she does sounds easier, but i'll have to fight her first and see it with my own eyes :O

I'm simply pointing out how to retrieve information about future events that's (more likely to be) accurate. My guild leader made the same mistake, resulting in wasted time and energy discussing bad info. Even after I pointed this out here, you can see that others persisted in discussing the (likely wrong) info.

To reiterate for those not following this conversation:
The Japanese wiki has a "backup" link that allows you to view past versions of each page. This is invaluable for obtaining snapshots of each event page BEFORE THE REVIVAL, after which rewards and features were often adjusted. These pre-revival versions are likely to match the event when it appears on Nutaku, though we also know that Nutaku may not incorporate revival adjustments even during revivals (see Apocalypse and Phoenix revival rewards).

so those reward events won't start with yata gass event? ok, you have an idea to when they actually do start then?
even if i'll check the wiki by myself i may get the wrong info as well lol
also, i'm pretty sure thay you can tell me the answer so i'll ask it too, how much bonus elemental advantage get? is it X1.5 or X2 of the original damage?

sanahtlig
07-17-2017, 11:26 PM
so those reward events won't start with yata gass event? ok, you have an idea to when they actually do start then?
even if i'll check the wiki by myself i may get the wrong info as well lol
also, i'm pretty sure thay you can tell me the answer so i'll ask it too, how much bonus elemental advantage get? is it X1.5 or X2 of the original damage?
http://xn--hckqz0e9cygq471ahu9b.xn--wiki-4i9hs14f.com/index.php?%E5%87%8D%E3%81%A6%E3%81%A4%E3%81%8F%E8% 81%96%E5%A4%9C%E3%81%AE%E9%9B%AA%E5%B7%A8%E4%BA%BA
Event missions for Advents should start around late October for us.

The elemental advantage bonus is +45-48% elemental damage. But since it stacks additively with eidolon elemental effects, the actual effect on overall DPS will vary.

Unregistered
07-18-2017, 02:44 AM

You can do that for advdent ragnarok? please explain how its done please!

Inb4whales
07-18-2017, 03:28 AM
Not sure why you said "Yata Gas" but I'm pretty sure failgle translate is to be blamed here.

Sorry for being a grammar Nazi but it should be Yatagarasu, the three legged crow.

I mean we're talking about Google translate that translated "Hastur" as "A Bus" afterall...

Kitty
07-18-2017, 03:39 AM
You can do that for advdent ragnarok? please explain how its done please!

how you quit the battle just like every other battle... if you know you're likely to die then before you die completely just give up and you can attempt it again? :D

Inb4whales
07-18-2017, 04:06 AM
how you quit the battle just like every other battle... if you know you're likely to die then before you die completely just give up and you can attempt it again? :D
I'm pretty sure that you can NOT do that for Ragnarok.

Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong but based on my analysis, here is how the game works.

Whenever you start up a fight you have to pay for the requirements first. This means you either pay AP points, raid battle points, Raid event items (in case of events) or in this case, the 1 Ragna raid battle point that refreshes itself every day at login hours.
Don't believe me? Go ahead start up any battle or join a raid. As soon as you got in, exit the battle by clicking on the "Menu" button in the top right corner of your screen and try to exit by "Go to My Page". You can rejoin your battle at any time (unless someone else killed the raid boss if its raid) but you'll notice that your AP/Raid points are already consumed.

As soon as you started up a battle and you've entered it, those payments are as good as gone unless it fulfils both conditions shown below.
1. You're NOT the person who started the battle.
2. You haven't dealt a single point of damage to any enemies in the battle.

This is the reason why if you ended up joining a raid battle that someone else started and you forgot to attack or the boss got killed before you even managed to land a hit, all those Raid points that you first used before you enter got refunded back to you. It is also possible to help out with Andro/Cass on a Union member or a friend who is low on health or needs buffing/debuffing on the raid boss where you can heal/buff them while applying non-damaging debuffs like Sniper shot without spending a single raid point (Technically you need it to enter but it will be refunded).

But considering the fact that starting up raid battles fulfils condition 1 and no one can help you kill the boss to fulfil condition 2 for Advent battles, any raid entry materials or AP that you used WILL BE GONE as soon as you enter these fights.

TL;DR-
This game is not like other games (Eg: FKG) where you can quit/refresh browser cheat and retry a fight until you win.
Because those games consume your entry requirements AFTER the fight and not before.
^(Sure games like FKG have a countermeasure to prevent excessive abuse where the third time you try, it will consume AP upon entering the battle instead, until the penalty cooldown refreshes in 1-2 hours.)

Kitty
07-18-2017, 04:11 AM
I'm pretty sure that you can NOT do that for Ragnarok.

Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong but based on my analysis, here is how the game works.

Whenever you start up a fight you have to pay for the requirements first. This means you either pay AP points, raid battle points, Raid event items (in case of events) or in this case, the 1 Ragna raid battle point that refreshes itself every day at login hours.

As soon as you started up a battle and you've entered it, those payments are as good as gone unless it fulfils both conditions shown below.
1. You're NOT the person who started the battle.
2. You haven't dealt a single point of damage to any enemies in the battle.

This is the reason why if you ended up joining a raid battle that someone else started and you forgot to attack or the boss got killed before you even managed to land a hit, all those Raid points that you first used before you enter got refunded back to you. It is also possible to help out with Andro/Cass on a Union member or a friend who is low on health or needs buffing/debuffing on the raid boss where you can heal/buff them while applying non-damaging debuffs like Sniper shot without spending a single raid point (Technically you need it to enter but it will be refunded).

But considering the fact that starting up raid battles fulfils condition 1 and no one can help you kill the boss to fulfil condition 2 for Advent battles, any raid entry materials or AP that you used WILL BE GONE as soon as you enter these fights.

k well i'm almost certain i did it before.. i quit the battle before i died, and there was nothing saying i couldn't join it again .. sorry if i'm wrong
didn't say anything at all about cheating battles or w/e... i know that you can't just refresh and try again, cause it takes up AP... i'm ONLY referring to the ragnarok battle which cost 0 AP, so if it was possible, you could try again if you'd quit before you died completely and that counts as a loss rather than give up.

Unregistered
07-18-2017, 04:49 AM
k well i'm almost certain i did it before.. i quit the battle before i died, and there was nothing saying i couldn't join it again .. sorry if i'm wrong
didn't say anything at all about cheating battles or w/e... i know that you can't just refresh and try again, cause it takes up AP... i'm ONLY referring to the ragnarok battle which cost 0 AP, so if it was possible, you could try again if you'd quit before you died completely and that counts as a loss rather than give up.

I don think you can, advert ragnarok is one atempt one day, so you can give up one atempt, but you try do it again, game tell that you use that qouta for one day so I don think you can.

Inb4whales
07-18-2017, 06:04 AM
I won't deny and say that you're wrong because I personally haven't tried it. (Will try it on my alt account the following event).
But based on my assumption, what probably happened for you is that you started the Ragna run not long before the daily login resets. And if you quit/succeed that run, you can still immediately go for a second run due to the ragna reset.

That is why after every maintenance for a new Advent event patch, people tend to rush onto the game during the first few hours of patching an Advent to finish a Ragna. That way by the time login bonuses resets again on that very same day, you get another shot at a Ragna run.

bigblackcock
07-18-2017, 09:29 AM
http://xn--hckqz0e9cygq471ahu9b.xn--wiki-4i9hs14f.com/index.php?%E5%87%8D%E3%81%A6%E3%81%A4%E3%81%8F%E8% 81%96%E5%A4%9C%E3%81%AE%E9%9B%AA%E5%B7%A8%E4%BA%BA
Event missions for Advents should start around late October for us.

The elemental advantage bonus is +45-48% elemental damage. But since it stacks additively with eidolon elemental effects, the actual effect on overall DPS will vary.

jack o frost? correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't it the first event that the SSR weapon's skill boost both attack and HP?

thanks for the info :D

Not sure why you said "Yata Gas" but I'm pretty sure failgle translate is to be blamed here.

Sorry for being a grammar Nazi but it should be Yatagarasu, the three legged crow.

I mean we're talking about Google translate that translated "Hastur" as "A Bus" afterall...
lol, this is the cutest bus i saw so far XD
and thought i saw it as yata gass, guess i was either tired or misread it when i posted it.

Unregistered
07-21-2017, 05:46 AM
planning on using mordred (with sniper shot), satan, susanoo, hades and sol with lvl 74 assault skill(1 SSR, 4 SR). think Ragnarok will be possible with this team?

Yusuke
07-23-2017, 12:37 AM
Andromeda/siegfried: Shiva,Poseidon,Belphegor/Oceanus, Gabriel

AutoCrimson
07-24-2017, 06:51 AM
quick question guys - i can MLB either Shiva or Aphrodite for the upcoming event (they are both 3 stars now), the rest of hime's will be MLB Triton and some R water hime... who should i chose, Shiva or Aphro?

oh, and on other note, im still weighting scales between R water hime (Undine, Rusalka, Apsara or Kushinada) and some SSR of other element (namely MLB Satan) for this even... so the other question is - R water or SSR non-water for the team?

PS - No, i dont have Gabriel. Sad but true.

AgentFakku
07-24-2017, 05:20 PM
I just go w/ my usual

5691 (would change soul, just training Arthur to get jewel bonus

mean I don't have a lotta water Kamihime to choose from

this is one of my only Nutaku games where I have smallest "army"

Inb4whales
07-25-2017, 07:09 PM
Just confirmed that it does NOT work on my alt account.
Just like the 3 raids per day, you quit it, you lose it.