PDA

View Full Version : Is the gacha too greedy?

Biodeamon
07-19-2017, 11:34 AM
So I've played this game for a while and I can't help but feel that the gacha is a bit fixed. At first the gacha seemed to give out a fair amount of actual "charecters" (that is eidolons or kahimne...

AgentFakku
07-19-2017, 01:50 PM
Pretty normal to me compared to some games

I say it's more or less equal to Aigis's Gacha

at least it's not as greedy as Harem Heroes' Pachinko

Yeah, FKG's Gacha is pretty lenient, generous, and lucky in Nutaku and even more so in DMM

Aidoru
07-19-2017, 02:21 PM
I've seen several mentions that hime-less SSR weapons will be removed from gacha in the future. Not sure if true or not. Probably when they move to the exchange shop I'm guessing. That should slightly help with SSR himes, especially with the fact you can trade in eyes for SSR tickets.

And I don't want to trash on other games, but things like himes in this game are far more valuable than something like the girls in other games. Not sure where you're getting that 3x comparison from.

AgentFakku
07-19-2017, 02:47 PM
How many SSR Kamihimes do you guys have

I only got 1

safe to assume they are more or less equal to the highest rarity of gurls in DMM games cept Kamihime only 3 tiers: SSR, SR, R

I remember Brave Girl Ravens, took me a while to get the highest rarity

Aigis - same thing - only pulled one Black in less than a year I joined the game

Flower Knight Girl - not including the ones I bought but a rainbow girl per year - pulled 2 so far

noxybell
07-19-2017, 04:20 PM

I think if you decide to spend $$$ will also affect the SSR hime quantities too.

Also, isn't urging you to spend the ultimate goal for these kind of "freemium" games? By luring you into a false sense of euphoria upon seeing those elusive golden flashes and rainbow spheres?

sanahtlig
07-19-2017, 06:57 PM
I have 5: 1 starter, 2 from free rolls, and 2 from 1x SSR Kamihime Ticket. I haven't spent jewels/tickets for ~2 months, so I have 84 pulls saved up. I'm undecided on whether to purchase a second SSR Kamihime Ticket.

Unregistered
07-19-2017, 09:40 PM
Flower Knight Girl - not including the ones I bought but a rainbow girl per year - pulled 2 so far

If it makes you feel better, I've been playing FKG since launch and still haven't pulled a rainbow.

AgentFakku
07-19-2017, 11:06 PM
I have 5: 1 starter, 2 from free rolls, and 2 from 1x SSR Kamihime Ticket. I haven't spent jewels/tickets for ~2 months, so I have 84 pulls saved up. I'm undecided on whether to purchase a second SSR Kamihime Ticket.

wow, you're lucky

If it makes you feel better, I've been playing FKG since launch and still haven't pulled a rainbow.

Well, I doubt you a bit since you should have gotten at least 1 w/ all those FK and tickets they have given in the past

plus anons can't post evidence

Lyxie
07-20-2017, 01:23 AM
Eh. It could be better, considering how hime-less SSRs are ultra infuriating (I want Titania ;-;) but I've gotten 5 SSRs which seems to be about average.

I haven't gotten any blacks in Aigis or equivalents in other games.

EmiyaNanaya
07-20-2017, 03:14 AM
Been playing just before Ixion event... Haven't got any SSR himes, only SSR I got from the Gatcha is Fafnir, and that's it...

game2534
07-20-2017, 03:59 AM
It's more of a nature in the game that it's real grindy. My luck is pretty rotten in all gacha games so I can't say much. But FKG in a way, is pretty merciless too without at least 1 guarantee gold per 10 draws. (It has bonus as 10+1, but 'legendary draw' exist along with it) It just that the game is pretty easy to farm event girls and they are perfectly capable to clear events even with generally inferior stat. Rainbow may be needed for super high-end difficult stage, but it's not world breaking if you can't get one.

twilightdream
07-20-2017, 05:04 AM
No it's not broken or anything, high rarity girls is normaly difficult to come out.
It's will be more difficult in future so be prepare.

There are 2 way you can get SSR in this game by my POV.
1. You are lucky bastard that can get SSR from every single roll.
2. You have big wallet to buy unlimited premium roll.

Anyway I already complete quit this game, since it has less automatic control.

Slashley
07-20-2017, 06:05 AM
--
It's will be more difficult in future so be prepare.--How?
Anyway I already complete quit this game, since it has less automatic control.What does that even mean?

twilightdream
07-20-2017, 06:28 AM
Hello Slashley you just been here this month.

I can't answer your first curious since it's a spoil.
And your second curious is already been answer by Kamipro system.
If you play it your will know that this game need a lot of micro management.

Rhenosa
07-20-2017, 07:13 AM
without extensive data and research, fair or unfair, greedy or not, is hard to determine especially for something RNG based.
keep in mind that opinion from 20 people isnt extensive data, you need like thousands...

at the end of the day, you yourself decide whether this or that game worth ur dollar. keep in mind that each people might have vastly different opinion based on the odds they get.

as for my experience, IMO its pretty much the same with other games, i generally have shitty luck. but that what makes things fun for me, getting myself used to being resourceful and make the best out of anything i had.

noxybell
07-20-2017, 07:35 AM
I can't answer your first curious since it's a spoil.

Beg to differ. I don't know how long of a future you will talk about. But first, they are going to remove Hime-less SSR weapons from Gacha pool into the trading shop, so that's better odds for a SSR pull to give you a actual SSR hime. Second, the rate-up chance boost from the current system will increase to about 15x for new characters, so it will be easier to aim for the specific SSR you desire.

Biodeamon
07-20-2017, 08:01 AM
And I don't want to trash on other games, but things like himes in this game are far more valuable than something like the girls in other games. Not sure where you're getting that 3x comparison from.
By 3x the usual amount I mean it costs three times the usual in game currency such as DP requires only 100 medals for a R ticket, FKG requires 5 for an R ticket, Armor blitz requires 75 cores, etc. whereas K project requires 300 jewels. That's at least 300% increase for the required currency to buy a R ticket.

sanahtlig
07-20-2017, 08:48 AM
Second, the rate-up chance boost from the current system will increase to about 15x for new characters, so it will be easier to aim for the specific SSR you desire.
Actually, that was just compensation for the increased number of characters. Every event your chances of landing a particular character decrease. By the time that correction hits, the game will have triple the number of SSR kamihime it started with--they're just readjusting the odds to what they used to be.

Aidoru
07-20-2017, 09:53 AM
By 3x the usual amount I mean it costs three times the usual in game currency such as DP requires only 100 medals for a R ticket, FKG requires 5 for an R ticket, Armor blitz requires 75 cores, etc. whereas K project requires 300 jewels. That's at least 300% increase for the required currency to buy a R ticket.

That's like saying 1000 yen is 10000% more than 10 USDs, which it isn't.

Kamhime: 300 jewels, 50 a day from dailies = 6 days of regular dailies per roll.
FKG: 5 gems = 5 to 25 + days depending on log in rewards, none from dailies.
Armor Blitz : 75 cores, 5 a day from dailies = 15 days of regular dailies per roll.

If anything, Kamihime is the cheapest in terms of free rolls.

Rhenosa
07-20-2017, 09:57 AM

is that calculation include the nutaku gold rate?is 100 medal for DP cost 1/3 nutaku gold for 300 jewels on kamipro? what about the daily reward kamipro gave 50 jewels daily, which means 1/6 of 300 jewels needed for gacha is DP daily reward gave more?

i never played DP so idk, there is lots of variables, not just numbers. there is a reason why 1 dollar isnt the same with 1 euro.

sanahtlig
07-20-2017, 10:05 AM
This talk of currency is meaningless because the digital content in these games, like baseball cards, has no inherent value. Instead, the value is determined primarily by supply, i.e. rarity. As the items become more plentiful, they lose their value. This is illustrated most clearly in games like Girls Kingdom where the primary difference in rarities was simply how hard they were to get, as the stats were very similar. Yet still, players strove quite hard to get these rare characters simply because they were rare.

In short, rare characters are valuable because they're rare. If they become common, they're no longer valuable. The talk of "greed" over Gatcha rates is misdirected (or not properly elucidated) because players will always want that which they don't have--and if they didn't, that would signal the game's imminent collapse.

A discussion that makes more sense would be where the game falls on the "pay to win scale", as you could certainly argue that design decisions disadvantage free players to a greater or lesser extent from game to game. How much of an advantage does a player get for $15/month? Is that advantage greatly increased for $100/month? Does the game reward money invested on a diminishing returns scale, or does return increase with each additional dollar (very insidious--players beware!). Is there an optimal breakpoint that gives you the greatest return for your dollar?

Aidoru
07-20-2017, 10:23 AM
I feel like that makes it even easier to compare then, as something like obtaining Sol or Amaterasu is by far more valuable than any 6star flower knight girl or 5star tank in armor blitz, the highest ranks in their respective games.

AgentFakku
07-20-2017, 11:25 AM
I feel like that makes it even easier to compare then, as something like obtaining Sol or Amaterasu is by far more valuable than any 6star flower knight girl or 5star tank in armor blitz, the highest ranks in their respective games.

I agree w/ Aidoru

since an SSR Kamihime makes it much easier to do events in Kamihime (well you can say the same thing for Rainbow girl in FK but in FK, you can still clear modes w/ 5*/Gold)

However in Kamihime, it's shit harder to clear modes with just SR Kamihime

then again, I don't have Eidolons max out due to me having not enough free time due to work

Kamihime requires more time to grind than FK in my experience

Unregistered
07-20-2017, 11:40 AM
Longterm average is 70 jewels a day if you never miss a day. IIRC the login bonus adds up to 240 jewels over 12 days, for an average of 20 jewels/day. Of course, since it's in a 12 day cycle, you don't exactly get a roll every 4-5 days. But if you're planning for months down the road, the 70 jewels/day average works as a baseline estimate before taking event gains into consideration.

And then on the other end of the spectrum, there's Aigis. A premium roll takes 5 crystals. You are handed a crystal on the 5th, 10th, 15th, 20th, and 25th day you login for each calendar month. No, not the 30th; gotta be fair to February. You're basically reliant on event gains here, although the longterm average of event crystals is below 1/day.

Slashley
07-20-2017, 12:16 PM
--
I can't answer your first curious since it's a spoil.--I asked a question. You dodged it.

Feel free to answer it.
--
And your second curious is already been answer by Kamipro system.
If you play it your will know that this game need a lot of micro management.Uh, again, what?
Are you saying that since you can't just click on the game once, it's bad?

I dunno, I think that's what makes it a... game. But feel free to elaborate further.

AgentFakku
07-20-2017, 12:31 PM
Different strokes for different folks - I seen folks drop Kamihime since they aren't into it

don't bug Twilight Dream on it

Anyways, I wish I kept track of how many 10 Gem pulls I did to actually figure out if the game gives out more gems than the other games

It definitely beat Aigis but not sure Flower Knight Gir

Plus, we had million, Anime Expo 2017, another million bonus gem secondary login bonus events

noxybell
07-20-2017, 12:43 PM
don't bug Twilight Dream on it

It's not really bugging ain't it? He made a claim, in this case the Gacha for SSR getting more difficult in the future. This is very pertinent to the original discussion, so naturally people are eager for answers or insights.

It's like if I claim I knew KH will be shelved and cancelled next month, and somebody asked for clarification or justification, and I replied with I wouldn't answer that because I would say too much. Then that was not very satisfactory right?

AgentFakku
07-20-2017, 12:50 PM
I just remember, I spent most of gems on expanding inventory

b/c I thought inventory expands when u lvl up like on Aigis - I didn't see it

didn't do much pulls

AgentFakku
07-20-2017, 12:52 PM
It's not really bugging ain't it? He made a claim, in this case the Gacha for SSR getting more difficult in the future. This is very pertinent to the original discussion, so naturally people are eager for answers or insights.

It's like if I claim I knew KH will be shelved and cancelled next month, and somebody asked for clarification or justification, and I replied with I wouldn't answer that because I would say too much. Then that was not very satisfactory right?

I said it b/c

more like da fella attitude is offputting

ur more polite than the other dude

Unregistered
07-20-2017, 01:02 PM
FKG's a bit like Aigis in that you don't really expect to get your game currency through login bonus/dailies, but instead through events. But FKG's more generous in that regard as it's very consistent in effectively offering 8 gems per week through the new event, plus 1 gem per week through reprints. And with the way they design event maps now, things are almost entirely a question of whether you have the stats. The stripping away of required interaction has its own sets of pros/cons, of course. But anyway, after a certain point, the event gems are as easily acquired as another game's dailies.
So it effectively alternates between 5 and 6 weeks between each 10+1 draw as far as reliable gem gains go.

As far as a 10 draw in Kamihime goes... 840 jewels over a 12 day cycle? 36 days (3 full cycles) gets you to 2520 jewels. 480 jewels left before you hit 3k... that's 10 days worth of dailies, but within those 10 days, you should gain 140 jewels from login bonus (I don't remember which days). It should take no more than 45 days to generate 3k jewels via login/dailies.
Event gains would be uneven, as it would vary depending on the event type. Also, have we settled on 2 days break between events? Eh, I guess for back of the envelope style estimates, we can go with assuming an event every 10 days. Advents are 50/100/150/200 jewels each. Raids are 200+ each (wait, do the story missions in raid event give jewels too?). Union events.... vary depending on union. For myself, I'd probably estimate 200 jewels per event to be safe (disregarding whatever jewels I roll through raid gacha). There's maybe about 3.5 events over 3 cycles; definitely at least 1 event per 12 day cycle. You can underestimate at 3 events over 36 days and still probably come out with a 10 draw worth of jewels in that time period. So, ~5 weeks for every 10 draw is my estimate, without accounting for random special bonuses.

AgentFakku
07-20-2017, 01:04 PM
oh okay, I see

guess I was confused a bit since we don't get some odd amount of gems from events vs consistent on logins vs the other games that don't put their in-game currency as RNG drops

noxybell
07-20-2017, 03:11 PM
I said it b/c

more like da fella attitude is offputting

ur more polite than the other dude

To quote a movie: manner maketh man

Unregistered
07-20-2017, 04:19 PM
Well, I doubt you a bit since you should have gotten at least 1 w/ all those FK and tickets they have given in the past

plus anons can't post evidence

Just terrible luck that's all.

Here you can have a picture.

BB is from the 10$ pick your 6* ticket from Christmas or black friday or something, I forget which.

i.imgur.com/6CKxzoH.png

Sorted by highest rarity with no other filters.

AgentFakku
07-20-2017, 07:12 PM
Just terrible luck that's all.

Here you can have a picture.

BB is from the 10$ pick your 6* ticket from Christmas or black friday or something, I forget which.

i.imgur.com/6CKxzoH.png

Sorted by highest rarity with no other filters.

thanks man for the pic. Sorry for doubting you in the first place. I seen a lot of bad luck in FK but not where one can't pull a rainbow at least until launch. I remember one guy finally pull one over a year he had play the game. He did pulls every month or so

you have a lot of FK and inventory slots than me.

I only have 300 space and oh less than gold than you. Never went beyond 1 million. The $10 dollar one is Black Friday. Christmas we got

17. Christmas Rose Step-Up Gacha #7 (12/15 - 12/22): http://harem-battle.club/flower-knig...tep-gacha.html
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...49/unknown.png

18. Apple/Ivy early Christmas special (12/22 - 12/29): http://harem-battle.club/flower-knig...ivy-gacha.html
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...42/unknown.png

Source: http://harem-battle.club/flower-knight-girl/3657-bonus-step-gacha-2-50-nutaku-gold-gacha-7-20-7-27-a.html

Unregistered
07-20-2017, 07:53 PM
Well, sooner or later I'll probably pull one.

Maybe if I'm lucky I'll pull a double rainbow to make up for the lack of them. :P

heteronimo
07-21-2017, 10:32 AM
Well, I play granblue fantasy too, I'm level 28 and I already have two SSR (they are very important in my team) without spending a cent meanwhile in Kamihime I have spent 30 dollars (not much I know) and hundreds of jewels and time (many times more than in GB) and I only have one SSR kami. I would like to have more chances to get SSR kami

Enviado desde mi M8 Pro mediante Tapatalk

Skarfang81
07-22-2017, 08:03 PM
As with all Gacha games you can talk about luck and distribution but unless it has an inbuilt system that Im not aware of like Fire Element Heroes (your % chance to roll a 5 star goes up for every time you roll and dont get one) or Hearthstone (you are guaranteed a legendary after 40 packs) its just simply luck of the draw, and it doesnt strike me as any more unfair as most gacha games. I can share my own personal experience of:

Rahab event, rolled a 3000 jewel gacha and bought a 10 ticket too, got a single SR kami and that was it. Noticed I had 2 random gacha tickets from dailies sitting there - used them and rolled SSR Amaterasu followed by SSR Dark Kaiser Dragon on 2 individual roles. ::WTFFace::