PDA

View Full Version : Decisions decisions decisions :D

Fury
07-21-2017, 02:13 PM
Hi, I've been playing this for a month or so now.

Early on I looked up some tips for developing a team. When I used my 6k gems I pulled the SSR Wind Cu Chulainn, and a few weeks later used 150 nutaku gold for for one draw and got extremely lucky and pulled Gaia. From there I decided my element was going to be wind. I'm getting close to maxing out most of my weapons/kamihimes--still trying for more SSR/SR kamhimes, but for this next event it is fire and wind is obviously weak against fire.
I'm fortunate enough to have been lucky enough to get three SSR Kamhime early on ( two wind one water) so hopefully that plays well for me.

Should I level up my water kamihime/weapons for this event? Or do you think there isn't enough time to make the new team effective.

I've added some photos of my team/weapons below for easy viewing.

For my current wind team, should I keep it the way it is or switch out one of my kamihimes for another. Also for the water team who would you recommend?

I realize my water eidolon is pretty lame, even while being maxed out, and my water weapons are under leveled, so the difference in attack power is quite staggering. However, I do have time to level those few weapons up. So let me know! :D
Any tips/tricks/advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks again,
~Fury~

(can only upload five images, the other two on my wind team are Reginleiv & Boreas)

jazz154
07-21-2017, 02:23 PM
Well... I am pretty sure it wouldn't hurt to prepare water team. And by it I mean only leveling up water kamihime. 3 days, in my opinion, aren't enough to get full water weapon grid (unless you get extremely lucky) and working on your wind weapons might just be a better idea.

sanahtlig
07-21-2017, 07:19 PM
You can't do much about your weapon grid, but you can level the water kamihime. Going forward, you should focus your weapon resources on maximizing your wind weapon grid. That means collecting wind assault SRs, leveling them to 40, LB'ing them, leveling them to 55, and so on until you've maxed everything. Your eidolons are severely lacking right now. You need a full set of 6 SSR eidolons immediately if you want to progress, and Yatagarasu will be critical for you due to the attack down active skill (possibly the best eidolon skill in the game). Collect copies of Yatagarasu and level them to 40, then choose one copy to LB. Aim to collect 5 copies from the upcoming event. Once your team is filled, start using the spare copies to continue LB'ing the original. Your goal is to reach the point that you can run Ultimate difficulty in Advent events ASAP.

To repeat, this next event will be critical for your progress. Invest the time to collect 5 copies of Yatagarasu. The other rewards are less important (make sure you're collecting your daily half-elixirs though). Outside of Advent events, make sure you're running the Wind Disaster standard battle 3x each day. That's how you grow your weapon grid.

Fury
07-21-2017, 10:58 PM
To repeat, this next event will be critical for your progress. Invest the time to collect 5 copies of Yatagarasu. The other rewards are less important (make sure you're collecting your daily half-elixirs though). Outside of Advent events, make sure you're running the Wind Disaster standard battle 3x each day. That's how you grow your weapon grid.

I'll stick with wind and slowly start stacking more SR/SSR water items for a later date, but for now I have been running the wind disaster quiet frequently and doing a lot of the Thursday wind SP quests.
Thanks a lot for your advice :D

~Fury~

WonderWaffle
07-22-2017, 05:03 PM
snip

I do hope you can be patient cause wind was one of the weakest elements over at JP till recently and water was the strongest. I believe wind has kicked off and now is the 2nd strongest after fire, not fully sure don't remember.

Fury
07-23-2017, 12:14 PM
Another question, based on my current situation, who should be my next soul? I have Arthur and Siggy.

Thanks!
~Fury~

noxybell
07-23-2017, 01:16 PM
Another question, based on my current situation, who should be my next soul? I have Arthur and Siggy.

Thanks!
~Fury~

I would use Arthur. Siegfried needs somebody with lot's of nukes to bring the raging boss into the stun mode. Neither Nike nor Aphrodite fulfills that role (not too sure about the R water himes). So you can't take advantage of the Siegfried's tool-set. Plus, if you want to do Expert and Ultimate reliably, the pre-boss enemies can get tough. Siegfried is bad at dealing with them, Arthur isn't.

sanahtlig
07-23-2017, 01:27 PM

Thanks!
~Fury~
Go for Andromeda. You need a healer for your Wind team. Also sub out Maeve for Zephyr. You'll want to equip Andromeda with Jeanne's ATK DWN debuff at some point, so go for Jeanne next. Pray you get Oberon and replace Cybele with her, then equip Andromeda with D'art's Sniper Shot. This combination of steps will greatly improve your Wind team's effectiveness.

Fury
07-23-2017, 10:44 PM
So I'm guessing Gaia isn't a good enough healer? Or do i need a healer who heals my whole team.
Also, I'll be using my wind team for this event as my water weapon grid hasn't budged, and my water kamihimes aren't near maxed out.
I should use Arthur, what should i make the extra ability?
I'll be using Cu Chuainn, Gaia, Zephyrus, Cybele, Regina, and Bores.
Thanks!
~Fury~

Inb4whales
07-23-2017, 10:49 PM
I do hope you can be patient cause wind was one of the weakest elements over at JP till recently and water was the strongest. I believe wind has kicked off and now is the 2nd strongest after fire, not fully sure don't remember.
Water was strongest on DMM simply because of how Cthulu can provide a stackable 3rd frame DEF debuff (and was pretty much the only Hime for a VERY long time) which allows water teams to hit the max DEF debuff which is 50% and thus deal double damage.

But by the time some of the other elements either start getting their own C frames (Thanatoast for example) or the SSR wind Eido with a DEF down debuff (Frasenberg?? is that how you type it?), everyone can easily start reaching the DEF down cap and Water became less and less special. I know there is already Yamato no orochi for DEF down but her poor stats greatly hinders your party.
Meanwhile fire has Svarog's constant 40% team wide damage buff (double of Arthur's) that is on a completely unique frame and can be stacked with all other team damage buffs.
And wind gets SSR Cybele with alot of damage that gets even higher due to crits if its against Thunder.

So I'm guessing Gaia isn't a good enough healer? Or do i need a healer who heals my whole team.
Wind won't get any proper SSR healer in a VERY long. The closest one you can get is awakening your Gaia who provides regeneration though.
So using Andromeda might be helpful if you're really struggling to heal your team.

sanahtlig
07-23-2017, 11:14 PM
Also, I'll be using my wind team for this event
I don't recommend this. Just throw together your strongest weapons and run a Water team.

gottesurteil
07-24-2017, 12:28 AM
Running your wind team in this event will really hurt you. Even with 0 assault weapons for water, chances are your water team will be better. Since stats are stats, even if you won't get any assault bonuses, your eidolons and the wind weapons still provide atk/hp.

Fury
07-24-2017, 06:11 PM
I don't recommend this. Just throw together your strongest weapons and run a Water team.

Okay, so I should use my water team with as many water weapons as possible, or just use my wind items and equip my soul with a water weapon?
Thanks!

sanahtlig
07-24-2017, 06:24 PM
Just use the weapons with the currently highest stats. That'll probably be your Wind weapons? And run with a team of mostly water characters. Obviously you'll need your soul to equip a water weapon.

Fury
07-25-2017, 08:54 AM
Just use the weapons with the currently highest stats. That'll probably be your Wind weapons? And run with a team of mostly water characters. Obviously you'll need your soul to equip a water weapon.
Okay thanks!
Last question, what should i set my soul's extra ability to?
Thank you for all of your help!
~Fury~