PDA

View Full Version : Healing mechanism question

noxybell
07-22-2017, 06:38 PM
Hi all,

Is there any discussion or information on the healing mechanism of OTHERS' skills to YOUR party members in a raid? e.g. If somebody used Andromeda or Sol's skill and healed his/her own team, when do you experience this effect? Immediately upon cast (albeit subject to server latency)? As soon as the next cycle of atk and def happens? Also on the same topic, does all skills, be it Soul or Hime, have this effect? What about other healing mechanisms like potions or Yggdrasil's active ability?

I tried searching for more information on this but the DMM wiki isn't too detailed on this. And I don't remember seeing a thread about this here. Any input is welcome. In case there is a previous thread of a page, I appreciate that you point me to the right direction. Thank you.

Aidoru
07-22-2017, 06:53 PM
Heals and buffs from other players is only from souls as far as I know.

The second you click attack, your party and the boss's damage are already calculated, that's why you can just click refresh icon on the bottom left to skip the entire turn animation or you can literally check log to see your total calculated damage for the turn before the animation is even over. You can even see if your party wipes or not.

So support heals and buffs will only apply before or after that and immediately when they use it.

AgentFakku
07-23-2017, 11:14 AM
oh so that why it happens then I should use Cass-chan as my main soul in Raids

Inb4whales
07-23-2017, 11:10 PM
oh so that why it happens then I should use Cass-chan as my main soul in Raids
Yes and if I remembered it correctly, her teamwide DEF buff also applies to everyone else in the raid, same thing for Andromeda.

So if you're looking to support.
Andromeda
Mordred (Plenty of debuffs, debuff resist down and extra burst turn)

Defensive support- (best done if you can communicate in Union raids)
Joan's 40% damage reduction buff (she also provides 20% ATK debuff under the assumption that it won't miss)

Offensive support-
Arthur's Avalon Guidance (20% ATK buff)
D'Art's Sniper shot (20% ATK+DEF debuff)

As far as I can tell, the only Souls without any raid support abilities are:
-Solomon
-Siegfried (In Union raids, make sure you only have one or two of them because there will never be enough room for more than one stun busters)
-Hercules
-Morrigan