PDA

View Full Version : Question about Soul Point and future events regarding it

Pareidolia
07-23-2017, 03:03 PM
About Soul Points, I currenly have Arthur and Siegfried, I've leveled both Roland and Cassiopea and I'm currently attempting to get Andromeda for the Yata Garasu event since I don't like the Glasscannony-esque vibe my team gives, as leveling my rank after the high 40's it's been difficult to level up, to get Soul points, even on Sunday EXP day

Question is, since I just have 3 weeks in the game; when an event boss such as Yata comes, is there any easier way than leveling for Soul Points to get it?

Defeating the raid counts as easier since I'm prepared with a 70+ Water Team

sanahtlig
07-23-2017, 03:11 PM
At higher ranks most of your soul point income will come from events. Raid and Union events are nice because you don't have to choose between half-elixirs and soul points.

Pareidolia
07-23-2017, 08:51 PM
At higher ranks most of your soul point income will come from events. Raid and Union events are nice because you don't have to choose between half-elixirs and soul points.

I see, thanks for the quick response, I guess my Andromeda will have to wait, by the way by any chance you know which factor affects when you can or not break Eidolon's limits? I have a SSR Behemoth Lv50 that won't let me break his level while some SR Drop ones had let me break them twice, seems fairly odd

Rhenosa
07-23-2017, 08:58 PM
to break limit, you need to have same unit as fodder. if you want to break limit SSR behe, then you need another SSR behe to do that.

gottesurteil
07-24-2017, 12:21 AM
to break limit, you need to have same unit as fodder. if you want to break limit SSR behe, then you need another SSR behe to do that.

Note: this is why gacha Eidolons aren't the greatest. They may have a good passive, but it's REALLY hard to get more of them, and so will quickly become second string. For example, I had a Takemikazuchi from the gacha, pure luck, TWICE. So broken once, it's max level was now 55... but you know what? Even though its passive is +35% Wind damage, which is comparable to a fully broken Garuda (which is +40% wind).... that Garuda's max level is 100.... which means its stats are WAYYYYYYY higher.

Long story short, try to focus on getting Max copies of event Eidolons, as they'll last you longer. In 3 months from now when you have 6 lvl 100 Eidolons... your Behemoth almost certainly isn't going to be one of them.

Slashley
07-24-2017, 07:07 AM
-- and I'm currently attempting to get Andromeda --Just FYI, I'm thoroughly disappointed with Andromeda. What a waste of 500 Soul Points.

Basically, all that you get from Andromeda is that your heal increases from 1200 -> 1600. Plus a slightly better better Def buff.

The revive is just a complete crap. If you're playing content where people might die, ressing somebody with a miserable amount of HP isn't going to do anything. Furthermore, they'll be in the back (assuming you run 6 KH, which I assume everyone does). KH in the back don't gain their skill CDs back as turns pass, so once they get back into action they still can't use their skills and they'll just die next turn anyway. Wow.

Cass has access to Chaos Magic (Dispel), which is something you pretty much need on every event these days. Even if it is something where you don't need it, the heal and Def buff difference probably won't mean a thing.

You already have Cass and Arthur, I'd go for Mordred next or Dartagnan.

sanahtlig
07-24-2017, 07:52 AM
Just FYI, I'm thoroughly disappointed with Andromeda. What a waste of 500 Soul Points.

Basically, all that you get from Andromeda is that your heal increases from 1200 -> 1600. Plus a slightly better better Def buff.

The revive is just a complete crap. If you're playing content where people might die, ressing somebody with a miserable amount of HP isn't going to do anything.
If you're running two healers and the other healer gets focused dead, you'll be glad you had Resurrection. In any case, I primarily run Andromeda and I've never once wished I'd spent those SP differently. If you need a healer, then a better healer is better. Pretty simple.

Slashley
07-24-2017, 09:45 AM
It's not such a direct upgrade since you're missing out on Chaos Magic. It's only a direct upgrade in content where Chaos Magic is not needed or is, at the very least, non-essential.

But, in content that requires Chaos Magic(*) AND you want to run a healer Soul, then you're either running Andromeda with Chaos Magic or Cass with an Ex ability. One such Ex ability could be Dartagnan's -20% Atk -20% Def. Oh look, not only does that -20% Atk make the lesser heal roughly equal to Andromeda's heal (and this going from 0% reduction to -20%, it's even greater going from -30% to -50%) but it also makes you deal more damage, lessening the amount of heals you need to begin with.

And even if you run double healer and the other one gets nailed, chances are high that her heals are on CD when she dies. And again, when that happens, ressing doesn't do anything. She'll just die when she gets back to the front before her CDs are off.

Fuck Andromeda. Seriously. Just run Cass for Healer type Soul. At least, don't even think about getting Andromeda until you have Arthur, Mordred and Dartagnan. This route also gives you Cass and Gawain (for the A type Def debuff, incase your KH covers B type), giving you almost all utility and versatility you'll ever need. Roland/Joan is missing, and considering how amazing they can be, I'd say they take priority over Andromeda as well. Oh, and I suppose one could consider Sieg as utility, but... well, by the time you're done with the basics (which I'd say absolutely does not include Andromeda), you'll be able to tell whether or not Sieg will be useful to you or not.

(*) Content that requires Chaos Magic equals EVERY fucking event these days? My god the devs fucking love their +100% Def up buff these days. And would you look at that, Yatagarasu is yet another fight with +100% Def buff. Wow. Thanks devs. That's really a lot of fun. Oh, and please stop with the +100% (or more) damage buffs too. At least Ygg was nice with the stacking +50% buff. More like that would be appreciated.

Unregistered
07-24-2017, 11:15 AM
If you're running two healers and the other healer gets focused dead, you'll be glad you had Resurrection. In any case, I primarily run Andromeda and I've never once wished I'd spent those SP differently. If you need a healer, then a better healer is better. Pretty simple.

Unless you have Sol, Cass is often better. Despite how nice resurrection sounds, it's a rather useless skill that's never used to full extent in a winning fight and in a losing one, only delays your loss. I've been playing from launch and her revival skill has never saved me from a losing battle even once.

While you can just put chaos magic on Andromeda, you can just toss a regenerate skill on Cass if you don't need a debuff, it's far more useful than Andromeda's revive and makes up the difference of their heals while still keeping chaos magic.

sanahtlig
07-24-2017, 03:20 PM
I do in fact run with Sol. Also, Chaos Magic is only necessary when the enemy self-buffs, which isn't THAT frequent (just frequent lately). For example, for the next Ragnarok Chaos Magic shouldn't be necessary at all (since you can just wait out the buff and reapply debuffs afterward).