PDA

View Full Version : Intermediate tips?

Naes
07-25-2017, 02:28 AM
Beginners guide with all the startup information that the game doesn't provide would be cool. and all the intermediate , theres a bit more niche to it than the how to play on the site can provide :P

Hi everyone, new to the site, been idling on the game for a while. just wanting some intermediate tips. got my lists attached

i'd guess my eidolons and weapons are a mess, i was going for a "try get one of every element for your soul, but it seems like people are more into the, "pick a soul use weapons that match it" but also want to fill out the page of weapons, when i thought it was only the souls weapon that mattered significantly. and to only limit break/ keep assault ones. and also to level higher level ones before limit breaking them into one core weapon

seen people saying eidolons are meh. them passive affects though? i feel like they're what i need most.

i managed to do ultimate kama, full blue "rare" team, what should i hunt for with this event? nearly got a kama or the weapon,

most of my ssr's are very recent, my first was enshrined lance longinus, a heartbreaker that one, no kame with it. and the reason i went for joan as my soul, i have not bought any other souls aside the free one for any tips/thoughts.

also i have absolutely no dark kame's i splurged on the dark-increased rate, and i got nooothing. nothing i can do about that is there?

Aidoru
07-25-2017, 03:04 AM
You're still far from needing intermediate tips.

For starters, your weapon grid is definitely a mess. Looks like you're just using whatever you have regardless of element. Your himes do not get weapon skill effect if the weapon is not the same element as them. This is why you want to focus on 1 or 2 team that uses all the same element himes and weapons, a back up team to handle events the other is weak against. Eidolon elements don't matter as much, aside from your main eidolon having proper passive skill for your team.

Seems you're rather new too but looks like you've been playing for at least a week or more with how much you've managed to break limit your himes and yet you didn't farm any SR raid weapons (or possibly didn't know you could). You should have really focused on that, though now the event takes priority. As for what to get from it, in your case, you should prioritize the eidolon as she provides a important debuff and you really need better eidolons. Weapons you can just farm from raid bosses and it's not like you have enough of a roster to make a fire team to make use of the fire weapon. Get a copy of it if you really want but getting the eidolon maxed or as far as you can get it takes priority. Grab the elixirs everyday and the hime ticket before the regular tickets.

I'm not sure exactly what himes you're using together but I do hope you're using all the water himes with Fenrir and not mixing it up with the light and fire himes I also see in being used in a party.

And you should not pick your soul because of what weapon you have, you should pick your soul by what skills they provide that you lack.

Naes
07-25-2017, 03:31 AM
Well, im not using them all willy nilly, however i havent created any teams really, im using the "recommended" button, which seems to have done decently enough, it prioritises the water himes for a fire event, but cant change your soul, so i used the teams just to have a different soul on a different team. so pressing recommend gives me fenrir and all water himes' and i think it prioritises the attack power.

thought it might be important for the soul to match the weapon to get the burst bonus of the correct affinity as well as the weapon bonus, and eidolon etc,

alright ill farm the eidolon, i have a full group for everything, with the exception of dark,, and i match the elements, but yes, i dont quite get the weapons, and im not missing a lot , regeneration seems to do well enough for me to beat ultimate (probably wont be able to again though)

sounds like youre saying i should get as many kamagats as i can, will try for that. nearly got the first, and will aim for the kame ticket after.

and with the disaster weapons, theres weapon inventory is just so damn small, though i think someone said do the 3 seed ones/20 point to farm. really with the things i kept i tried to make sure i had one of most elements, to get foothold, with the bursts. but now i can build up the rest, just get rid of my R weapons then? (i will fully admit to having neglected them and using them more based on rarity and my previous elemental needs)

Unregistered
07-25-2017, 04:26 AM
looking at your himes the best team you can make at the moment would be a wind team with cu chulainn, oberon, cybele and hermes(maybe switch out hermes with raphael). The only problem though looking at the event schedule you won't be able to get a decent event wind eidolon for like 3 months and the best eidolon you have atm is water but you have bad water himes.

Unregistered
07-25-2017, 04:29 AM
also get andromeda as your soul as soon as possible and farm the wind raid bosses for the wind assault SR weapons.

jazz154
07-25-2017, 04:39 AM
Well, im not using them all willy nilly, however i havent created any teams really, im using the "recommended" button, which seems to have done decently enough, it prioritises the water himes for a fire event, but cant change your soul, so i used the teams just to have a different soul on a different team. so pressing recommend gives me fenrir and all water himes' and i think it prioritises the attack power.

thought it might be important for the soul to match the weapon to get the burst bonus of the correct affinity as well as the weapon bonus, and eidolon etc,

alright ill farm the eidolon, i have a full group for everything, with the exception of dark,, and i match the elements, but yes, i dont quite get the weapons, and im not missing a lot , regeneration seems to do well enough for me to beat ultimate (probably wont be able to again though)

sounds like youre saying i should get as many kamagats as i can, will try for that. nearly got the first, and will aim for the kame ticket after.

and with the disaster weapons, theres weapon inventory is just so damn small, though i think someone said do the 3 seed ones/20 point to farm. really with the things i kept i tried to make sure i had one of most elements, to get foothold, with the bursts. but now i can build up the rest, just get rid of my R weapons then? (i will fully admit to having neglected them and using them more based on rarity and my previous elemental needs)

Using recommended button is all good, but only on begging. After some time you won't want to use it because it doesn't really take into account weapon skills, just total power.

While it's important to have good weapons for souls to use, it isn't great idea to unlock souls based on what weapons you have available. You should unlock souls based on what skills they provide that could be useful for you.

You should focus on one element and get weapons for it from daily disaster raids. Your aim should be to have weapon grid full of SR assault weapons of your element, but now event takes priority. Getting 5 copies of yatagarasu will be great help to you.

Naes
07-25-2017, 05:06 AM
also get andromeda as your soul as soon as possible and farm the wind raid bosses for the wind assault SR weapons.

andromeda?, everyones raving about mordred. but alright. im halfway there, ive saved up soul p. rather than spending it all.

my only issue with having a buttload of wind/light weapons is the tiny inventory. farm the disasters, got that. easy as.
but that raises the question what should i do about my current list, fuse sr's and create a full team weapon set?

i think wind and light are my strongest, though wind is almost entirely offensive kame, and if theres anyone i'd put into another elements team it would likely be uranus or raiko for their buffs. haha, raiko has once personally killed me though.

and yea, this is the first event im doing forealsies. so a lot of things don't match

and also everyone, thankyou for the help, now and in future :>

Unregistered
07-25-2017, 05:26 AM
mordred is really good but most of the people talking about using her during this event have sol in their party to make up for the lack of andromeda myself included. Your strongest party would definitely be wind atm as you also have an SSR wind lance to use with andromeda the only thing you are lacking is a decent wind eidolon. You have that 20% SR wind eidolon but it will definitely need upgrading as soon as possible. Regarding fusing your weapons you should always try to max limit break assault weapons of an element you think you might use.

Lag
07-25-2017, 05:50 AM
For starters, your weapon grid is definitely a mess. Looks like you're just using whatever you have regardless of element. Your himes do not get weapon skill effect if the weapon is not the same element as them.

Wait, really? I also just use whatever as long as it gives higher stats. I just use autosort for weapons and eidolon with the element matching my team.
http://i.imgur.com/Cn9bLdy.jpg

Learn something new everyday.
I never really had any issues before tho. Is having a full grid of the same element that much better than raw stats?

Naes
07-25-2017, 06:17 AM
Wait, really? I also just use whatever as long as it gives higher stats. I just use autosort for weapons and eidolon with the element matching my team.

I never really had any issues before tho. Is having a full grid of the same element that much better than raw stats?

see i thought only the weapon on the soul gave a skill (assumed it was the same as eidolons primary one gives passive) , so the rest of the weapons would probably just be stat buffs. thats how i worked it out, but yea, apparently all the weapons equipped give the skill, and having a full page means you'd wreck with that color.
these are the things id imagine should go into a pinned faq. this, a good little roadmap for starters, how things work, little things the game doesnt show.

Unregistered
07-25-2017, 06:28 AM
see i thought only the weapon on the soul gave a skill (assumed it was the same as eidolons primary one gives passive) , so the rest of the weapons would probably just be stat buffs. thats how i worked it out, but yea, apparently all the weapons equipped give the skill, and having a full page means you'd wreck with that color.
these are the things id imagine should go into a pinned faq. this, a good little roadmap for starters, how things work, little things the game doesnt show.

the souls weapon basically determines its element and the amount of burst damage it does. i think having a full grid of fully upgraded assault weapons gives between 130%-160% extra damage

Aidoru
07-25-2017, 09:16 AM

Go the character tab and click the 'skill' bubble on the hime. Those are what skills you're getting from your weapons. If it's not 10 total, then you're most likely losing potential skills.

For some content, the sheer amount of raw stats you get from weapons, eidolon and hime themselves with the addition of elemental bonus against the enemy may be enough, but that pathway is not recommended in this case. Since he's new and his SSR weapons will unlikely be break limited any soon since they're gacha.

With a basic set up of say something like 1 SSR weapon and 9 SR weapons, you can easily get over 80% assault from just getting each to sLv 10 and even further with more SSRs and sLv. Though in your case, I see 3 defender weapons, 2 of which I would honestly had not bothered to level at all.

sanahtlig
07-25-2017, 10:10 AM
Try playing with the calculators in my Toolbox for a while. That'll give you a sense of how to optimize your teams.

Lag
07-25-2017, 05:15 PM
I went and gave it a try. It seems I have exactlly 10 SR/SSR water weapons to fill the whole grid, but most of them are level 1 and a lot aren't limit broken.
http://i.imgur.com/DVP6xxt.jpg

I guess It'd have to max them all out first before I could swtch from using just random raw stats? That'll take forever.

Does this matter if it's only in the sub weapon grid?
http://i.imgur.com/2mmoUH3.jpg
I've only skill upgraded my most strongest weapons that will go in the main slot depending on events.

Aidoru
07-25-2017, 05:22 PM
Yes it matters. All weapon skills apply. The only thing that matters for your main weapon is deciding your soul's element and burst multiplier.

Lag
07-25-2017, 05:49 PM
Yes it matters. All weapon skills apply. The only thing that matters for your main weapon is deciding your soul's element and burst multiplier.

Damn, this is going to take insane work then. Thanks for the info!

Naes
07-25-2017, 07:13 PM
Damn, this is going to take insane work then. Thanks for the info!

i agree, with both points, a lot of work AND i weep for my inventory space, but i have a little direction now.

and what about non-assault ssr's vs assault sr's , since in this thread a guy recommended a wind team and chu chulains spear is defender.

and yea, skill bubble says attack up + x2 and then attack up beneath it. too bad it doesnt say, attack up 10% etc but i get it mostly, stack up on attacks, level/skill up them, with a color (wind/light) and with that get better at other elements. there seems to be slight inconsistency to skilling up though.

and that calculator spreadsheet, no idea what im looking to do so :1
oh damn, getting a second kama is double cost? not sure i can burstmax that then.

Unregistered
07-25-2017, 07:30 PM
defender weapons are fine to use for your soul's weapon as long as they are SSR. what is most important regarding a soul's weapon is the element and the rarity

sanahtlig
07-25-2017, 07:44 PM
and that calculator spreadsheet, no idea what im looking to do so :1
You simulate different scenarios and see what results in the highest damage output. Try different combinations of eidolons, compare an off-element SSR to an SR assault weapon at various levels and assault skill levels, etc. Explore for yourself rather than rely on general advice from others that may not even be applicable to your current situation. My advice to clear Ragnaroks might not be helpful to someone who's trying to clear Experts with low attack power and assault skill!

Naes
07-25-2017, 08:12 PM
well the minute statistics don't bother me enough to learn that mess, i would rather rely on general advice from people, ive already upgraded from standard to expert for the event through a couple changes i made, it has helped, looking at a spreadsheet of endless numbers doesnt teach me how they interact or the direction of eidolons and weapons that i dont currently have. What i should try to input so far my weapons and eidolons are rather straightforward after the thread advice from people, i have two assault water weapons, slap them in where they weren't before, 10/20% more damage, let me clear expert a few times, where i couldn't before.

i probably wont touch the toolbox until i've got the rest down, to micromanage and perfect things, toolbox spreadsheet is intimidating :P. and its not a learning tool, some people might be able to learn from it, but people learn in different ways, poked it before i even posted and couldn't wrap my head around it :P. its awesome that your'e proud of it though. But its experience vs statistics and percentages to me. They both hold a place. exploring and learning for myself with a spreadsheet aint as fun is all :<

yay for people and the human element and thankyou threadlings regardless! (also holy crap this captcha expires fast)

Sempai
07-27-2017, 05:16 AM
I wonder how the weapon skill level works. Because when you check the skills affecting a hime in edit window, it only says there are 2 of ATK up, 3 of ATK up+, etc. According to rarity, regardless of level.

Naes
07-27-2017, 05:57 AM
not terribly sure either, how many skillups a non LB'd weapon has, and what the increase is.

Slashley
07-27-2017, 06:30 AM
I wonder how the weapon skill level works. Because when you check the skills affecting a hime in edit window, it only says there are 2 of ATK up, 3 of ATK up+, etc. According to rarity, regardless of level.0.5% per skill level. Add 3% base for SR (the + skill) or 8% base for SSR (the ++ skill). HP and Attack have the same values, just obviously only increase their respective stats. So...
Level 7 R = level 1 SR
Level 17 R = level 11 SR = level 1 SSR.

The game doesn't tell you how much you have, so you have to calculate it yourself. Yeah, have fun with that. Thanks, devs!

jazz154
07-27-2017, 06:40 AM
0.5% per skill level. Add 3% base for SR (the + skill) or 8% base for SSR (the ++ skill). HP and Attack have the same values, just obviously only increase their respective stats. So...
Level 7 R = level 1 SR
Level 17 R = level 11 SR = level 1 SSR.

The game doesn't tell you how much you have, so you have to calculate it yourself. Yeah, have fun with that. Thanks, devs!

I thought that base for SSR is 6%, that is lvl 1 SSR = 6.5%

Naes
07-27-2017, 07:52 AM
awesome, thanks for the weapontips, enhance seems to work better and give more skillup chance if its a rare of the same element, correct? and what is the max skill level for r/sr/ssr?

also noticed in edit, the "f" and "r" in diamonds, which i only imagine to be front and rear, and that seems to make sense, but is there any difference to them?

Aidoru
07-27-2017, 10:45 AM
Element doesn't matter when upgrading skill and it doesn't need to be same rarity. Higher rarity material will have add a higher success rate to skill up while the weapon you're trying to level up will require more the higher rarity it is.

And yes F and R in character menu is front and rear. Supposedly you get targeted less in the rear but the chances feel so minor it's a rather ignorable mechanic (until we get something like a boss overdrive only only the front row, if ever). The only order IMO to care about is setting them in a order to use their buffs better in auto battle.

sanahtlig
07-27-2017, 11:12 AM
And yes F and R in character menu is front and rear. Supposedly you get targeted less in the rear but the chances feel so minor it's a rather ignorable mechanic (until we get something like a boss overdrive only only the front row, if ever). The only order IMO to care about is setting them in a order to use their buffs better in auto battle.
I put Belphegor, who doesn't have a self-heal, in the front row and she usually dies before Shiva (who I put in the back row). Their max HP is similar. Souls have higher HP and passive DEF buffs so they tend to be sturdier. My third frontliner is Triton, who has a spammable self-heal + ATK/DEF buff. Sol tends to die about as frequently as Belphegor because she doesn't benefit from my elemental HP buffs.

Skulkraken
07-27-2017, 11:16 AM
Is the row targeting something that's been looked into by the Japanese playerbase?