PDA

View Full Version : Bloom preparation (rainbows)

Eab1990
07-26-2017, 08:06 PM
Since this is becoming a common question and people are having issues choosing which rainbow to get this week, now's a good time to break down which rainbows are good in the future.

(I have no idea why I typed all this out for you lazy bastards. Who actually chooses rainbows based off of stats instead of looks? etc.)

As a general rule, base/evolved passives only still apply if they aren't overwritten. For example, if a girl gets +10% def when evolved, but +20% when bloomed, the 20% def is what takes priority. If something isn't listed, assume their base/evolved passive still applies (like ignore movement panels passive).

For those who want the tl;dr: Dendrobium, Black Baccara, Ionocidium, Lycoris, Lagurus, Mistletoe, Saffron, and Apricot are all great choices.

* denotes new passives. Otherwise, overwritten passives will be noted in parentheses, using the notation (previously X).

---

Black Baccara:
*1.2x skill chance based on affection (new)*
+65% atk on self + 1 ally (previously 35%)
*+10% more atk on party (new)*
+22% def on party (previously 15%)
+4% guard rate (previously 2.2%)

Dendrobium:
+22% atk to whole party (previously 4 units only)
*+10% more atk to self (new)*
*100% chance to attack again on first turn, 2x self skill activation also procs on the second attack (new)*

Cattleya:
*1.2x skill damage based on affection (new)*
+40% atk (3 party members including self) (previously 27%)
*+15% skill damage (new)*

Alpinia:
*1.2x~1.32x skill chance (based on skill level, not affection as usual) (new)*
+20% atk (previously 15%)
*100% counter w/ 3.75x defense power (new)*

Cactus:
+20% party atk (previously 15%)
*+15% crit (new)*
*60% chance to attack again (new)*

Mei Plumblossom:
*1.2x skill chance (all turns) (new)*
+18% party atk (previously 15%)
*+15% crit (new)*

Sakura:
*1.2x skill chance (all turns) (new)*
+18% party atk (previously 15%)
*12% more damage on raid bosses (new)*

Fritillaria:
+20% party attack (previously 15%)
*+15% crit (new)*
+16% self attack for every party skill used, up to 96% (previously +2%, up to 30%)

Flowering Peach:
+20% party defense (previously 15%)
+3.7% dmg reduction while guarding (previously 2.2%)
*+10% party crit (new)*
*Against bosses, +15% party atk and +8% party damage (new)*

Anemone:
*+25% party crit (new)*
100% chance to counter for 4x defense (previously 3.5x)
*+25% party atk (new)*
+22% party def (previously 15%)
+4% dmg reduction while guarding (previously 2.2%)

Dogwood:
1.2x skill chance (new)
100% solar blast gauge at start (new)
+25% attack per solar blast use, up to +75% (previously +14%, up to 42%)
+70% solar drive effectiveness (previously +40%)

Daisy:
*1.65x skill chance (first turn) (new)*
+35% atk (herself + 2 members) (previously 30%)
*-2.1% damage taken (new)*
*+10% crit rate (new)*

Kerria:
+40% atk (previously 35%)
+6.8% damage reduction (previously 3.7%)
*80%/80%/50% evasion each turn (new)*
*Increase self damage based on half of current HP / max HP (e.g. at full health, do 50% more damage) (new)*

Cherry:
*+15% party atk (new)*
*+10% more atk (3 members) on raid bosses (new)*
(if this doesn't seem like much, it's because her -15% atk on enemies was already too good)

Dianthus:
1.2x~1.32x skill chance (based on skill level, not affection as usual)
*Against bosses, +20% party atk (stacks with previous +20% attack based on affection) (new)*

Ionocidium:
+18% atk (previously 15%)
*40% chance to attack again (new)*

Nerine:
*1.32x skill chance (based on skill level, not affection as usual) (new)*
+25% atk (previously 15%)
*+22% def (new)*
*+4% dmg reduction while guarding (new)*

Victoria:
(bloom announced, no info yet)

Lycoris:
*+15% more atk for every enemy in battle (new)*

Oncidium Bride:
(no bloom yet)

Lagurus:
*100% chance to attack twice on first turn (new)*
*+120% damage based on party's movement speed (new)*

Helenium:
(bloom announced, no info yet)

Maple:
(no bloom yet)

Pumpkin:
+18% atk (previously 15%)
*Three party members (including self) can deal 1.5x damage to enemies weak to magic (?) in addition to their type (new)*

Viola:
*1.65x skill chance (first turn) (new)*
*+3.7% def reduction (new)*
*Three party members (including self) can deal 1.5x damage to enemies weak to pierce (new)*

Mistletoe:
*-15% atk/skill rate for enemies (new)*
+22% atk (previously 15%)
100% counter w/ 3.75x defense (previously 3.5x)

Christmas Rose:
(no bloom yet)

Ardisia:
(no bloom yet)

Herbaceous Peony:
(no bloom yet)

Acacia:
*+10% crit to party (up to 80%) (new)*
*+40% more crit to self (up to 80%) (new)*
(same thing as Cherry, she already has good base/evolved passives)

Wax Vine:
(no bloom yet)

Burning Bush:
*-20% enemy skill activation (new)*
+20% atk (three members) (previously 15%)
*Three members can deal 1.5x damage to enemies weak to magic (?) in addition to their type (new)*

Mimosa:
(no bloom yet)

Apricot:
100% counter w/ 3.75x defense (previously 3.5x)
*Once per battle, negate one attack for each party member (new)*

Saffron:
*+30% def (new)*
*+5.3 dmg reduction (new)*
*100% counter w/ 4.25x defense (new)*

Snowdrop:
(no bloom yet)

Iberis:
*+12% enemy miss rate (new)*
*Three members can deal 1.5x damage to enemies weak to hit in addition to their type (new)*

Hollyhock, Habranthus, Victoria Bride, etc.:
(no bloom yet)

mega94all
07-26-2017, 08:28 PM
nice, thanks for the info

Unregistered
07-26-2017, 08:42 PM
Lycoris:
1.2x skill chance
+22% atk
15% enemies? (gonna need clarification on this)

It increases the party's attack power by 15% multiplied by the number of enemies at the start of the battle. If there's three enemies, she increases everyone's attack by 45% + 22% from the other passive.

Unregistered
07-26-2017, 09:28 PM
Apricot's ability is once per battle, not once per turn, though it's still incredible. Dendrobium's double skill chances do apply for her double attack (other double attacks also benefit from the first-turn buffs of Cymbidium, Daisy, Anthurium etc. if they trigger on the first turn).

It's worth noting that Lycoris' blooming is so overwhelmingly powerful (who needs stats when you have the best offensive ability and second-best defensive ability in the game?) that she should be an instant pick for min-maxers, but her blooming is late enough that it won't be too relevant to Nutaku players. If you're in for the long haul, you'll also want to pick up a dodge rainbow (which Lycoris is) for the amazing synergy between dodging and the attachable taunt ability, which will make you all but immune to non-skill attacks.

But yeah, I agree that rainbows should always be chosen based on looks. There aren't many maps that require min-maxing, even on DMM, and these that do exist can mostly be cheesed with the right golds.

Eab1990
07-26-2017, 09:56 PM
Thanks, updated main post.

Zandel
07-27-2017, 12:47 AM
Hmmm a lot of mine do not have bloom forms.... not that I really care they are all too cute to need them anyway.

Herbaceous Peony: (no bloom yet)
Snow Drop: (no bloom yet)
Christmas Rose: (no bloom yet)
Oncidium Bride: (no bloom yet)
Flowering Peach: (no bloom yet)

Maladaptive
07-27-2017, 10:50 AM
Great post Eab, thanks heaps.

Question for you, why doesn't Alpinia make your top selections list? Her low Attack is boosted by the +20%, and then she gets the counter with 3.75 x Def. Looks very powerful to me?

Eab1990
07-27-2017, 11:14 AM
The top tier list isn't really mine, per se, not that anyone would deny that most of those listed are indeed broken.

There's also some level of power-creep going on here too, and pre-bloom Alpinia without her special was already kinda power-creeped to begin with. I guess you can make the argument that her special still makes her relevant, though you'd think a dodge passive would suit her better than a counter passive. She'd make great competition for being a tank compared to Ionocidium/Lycoris/Saffron/etc. if not for that.

But anyway, the only underwhelming ones on the list would probably be Cherry and Acacia. And again, it's because they already have the incredibly good -15% enemy attack skill to begin with.

Everyone else is some combination of a massive stat booster, skill booster, or counter/dodge survivalist.

On the other hand, attacking twice, party-wide tankiness/attack negation, and so on probably puts those higher than the rest.

Largepotato
07-27-2017, 01:09 PM
Any idea when blooming girls will start?

Unregistered
07-27-2017, 02:16 PM
Any idea when blooming girls will start?

possibly in around 2 months

Taon
07-27-2017, 06:03 PM
I guess you can make the argument that her special still makes her relevant, though you'd think a dodge passive would suit her better than a counter passive. She'd make great competition for being a tank compared to Ionocidium/Lycoris/Saffron/etc. if not for that.

I think if Alpinia had dodge instead of counter (which I absolutely agree would better suit her) she'd probably become the premier tank; right now Alpinia is consistently the last member of my main squad (that has a full hp/def amped Saffron) to die. That life drain attack is just ridiculous with max skill level and high attack numbers.

Also, if only Ionocidium didn't have that utterly derpy animation....

Drip
07-27-2017, 07:48 PM
Interesting, though I'm sticking with the Rainbows I already use, and have no intention for overhauling my squads for bloomed forms. So Black Baccara, Dendrobium, Lagurus, and several other rainbows I have will stay in their position of "whaleship fillers".

Maladaptive
07-28-2017, 03:15 AM
I think if Alpinia had dodge instead of counter (which I absolutely agree would better suit her) she'd probably become the premier tank; right now Alpinia is consistently the last member of my main squad (that has a full hp/def amped Saffron) to die. That life drain attack is just ridiculous with max skill level and high attack numbers.

Also, if only Ionocidium didn't have that utterly derpy animation....

That's my point Taon, she often the last to die, and quite a few rounds later the rest of the squad usually as she is life sucking with big hits when her skill is activated.

Imagine her surviving all those rounds whilst also returning 3.75 x her Defence in damage for all the hits she takes during those rounds?

starburst98
07-28-2017, 10:57 AM
woah, most of mine are in line for blooming. free player, only roll when i save up 50. and have christmas rose, cherry, sakura, mei, dendrobium, and saffron.

Eab1990
07-31-2017, 07:19 AM
Dogwood bloom announced, it seems.

mega94all
07-31-2017, 04:44 PM
Dogwood bloom announced, it seems.

whats her abilities? :p

hypo
08-03-2017, 01:37 PM
So, if I understood correctly the bloom mechanism, even reissued 5* that I already got but don't want to dupe are worth getting, to be used for blooming?

Gaillardia was the first event girl I got after beginning the game, so I needed only 2 skill and 2 dress blooms, and at first I didn't intend to get the girl again (also, because current event takes lot to farm to get ampys)

Unregistered
08-03-2017, 02:04 PM
So, if I understood correctly the bloom mechanism, even reissued 5* that I already got but don't want to dupe are worth getting, to be used for blooming?

Gaillardia was the first event girl I got after beginning the game, so I needed only 2 skill and 2 dress blooms, and at first I didn't intend to get the girl again (also, because current event takes lot to farm to get ampys)

Blooming is a second tier of evolution. Blossomed affection is a second tier of affection. They're relatively unrelated systems. Saving dupes is for one of the future currencies for the latter's gifts.

hypo
08-03-2017, 02:54 PM
Blooming is a second tier of evolution. Blossomed affection is a second tier of affection. They're relatively unrelated systems. Saving dupes is for one of the future currencies for the latter's gifts.

Ok, but isn't Blossom unlocked after Bloom? ( i'm getting lost in those terms)

Eab1990
08-03-2017, 03:03 PM
Updated first post with Dogwood, did some touching up.

Unregistered
08-03-2017, 03:48 PM
Ok, but isn't Blossom unlocked after Bloom? ( i'm getting lost in those terms)

Blossomed affection will actually be added first and be available for every character. The limitation there is the number of hearts(for unlocking it) and gifts available per month. DMM was only adding bloom evolutions for four characters per fortnight until recently.

With all the talk of saving dupes, there probably should have been recommendations to save Life Crystals and Sun Medals too. Those are what you need for buying the hearts and gifts. Buying gifts for Bond Crystals(the dupe character currency) was added a little later.

A Time to Screw
08-03-2017, 10:20 PM
If you thought dragons were a pain in the ass to farm for normal evolutions, oh boy are you gonna enjoy gathering blooming materials!

No less than 3 different kinds of relatively uncommon mats for each bloom too!

Unregistered
08-04-2017, 01:37 AM
If you thought dragons were a pain in the ass to farm for normal evolutions, oh boy are you gonna enjoy gathering blooming materials!

No less than 3 different kinds of relatively uncommon mats for each bloom too!

The gold elixirs were the only truly painful part for someone that didn't own all of the girls. However, there's the possibility of Nutaku not adding the unique missions. Missing out on those easy birds and petals would make it suck for everyone.

twilightdream
08-04-2017, 02:24 AM
I'm not so worry about how hard to find bloom material.
Namely will make some special deal that come along with bloom stuff for sure.
Or maybe he will put it in shop for trading with NG.

The real pain part is player will starving of gold.
Bloom use more money than evol, and with max lv raise to 80 it's mean more money spend for upgrade.
Nutaku don't have free increase gold drop campaign like DMM.
So only you can farm gold in short time is pay and run Morimori as you please.

kringley
08-09-2017, 08:24 AM
So, I found myself with an unexpected 6 star ticket. (SenPro closure). Current rainbows: Maple, Alpinia, Oncidium Bride, Black Baccara, Dianthus, Acacia, Pumpkin, Cherry, Flowering Peach, Dendrobium, Anemone, Mei, Burning Bush, Helenium, Lycoris, Mimosa, Ardisia. Recommendations? I was leaning towards Iono, Kerria, or Apricot.
Edited: I got Saffron also in the last sale.

game2534
08-09-2017, 09:19 AM
Only gold, just gold is matter for preparation. Petal/bloom bird should be dropped as quest reward. Elixir is farmable. (Drop rate is about lv.100 dragon drop) But gold is scarce as it is used for so many things.

twilightdream
08-09-2017, 09:20 AM
If you seeking for single broken damage on single target Kerria can give you.
If you want super defensive Apricot is your choice.
If you need dodging unit for future broken map Iono can help you.

Eab1990
08-14-2017, 08:38 AM
Hanamomo bloom finally.

Dunno the specifics yet.

Unregistered
08-14-2017, 12:48 PM
So, I found myself with an unexpected 6 star ticket. (SenPro closure). Current rainbows: Maple, Alpinia, Oncidium Bride, Black Baccara, Dianthus, Acacia, Pumpkin, Cherry, Flowering Peach, Dendrobium, Anemone, Mei, Burning Bush, Helenium, Lycoris, Mimosa, Ardisia. Recommendations? I was leaning towards Iono, Kerria, or Apricot.
Edited: I got Saffron also in the last sale.

Sorry, but what did you have to do to get a 6* ticket from senpro closure? Spend money on it?

Unregistered
08-14-2017, 12:56 PM
Sorry, but what did you have to do to get a 6* ticket from senpro closure? Spend money on it?

Spend more than 10k Nutaku Gold, yes.

mega94all
08-14-2017, 05:01 PM
Spend more than 10k Nutaku Gold, yes.

Whaaallleeeeee :D

Eab1990
08-28-2017, 05:17 AM
Seems Helenium/Victoria/Anemone bloom was teased, among other things (Hanamomo bride, Cyrtanthus, Cycla Menn 6*).

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/205665210630012930/351686676940324867/1503830024682.png

wolf
08-28-2017, 08:32 AM
nice, I like all of their designs :D
and yaaaaayyyy Anemone gets a bloom form xD

AgentFakku
08-28-2017, 11:27 AM
the ones that stand out are

Flowering Peach and Helenium - damn aura background

Unregistered
08-28-2017, 01:50 PM
Cycla Menn and Anemone should both be new 5*s from the not-so-recent vote.

maotd
08-28-2017, 01:58 PM
Nope, they just got alternative sprite you can choose if you have one of her form. Same for Cattleya. Too bad for that poor Cyclamenn.

Taon
08-28-2017, 02:06 PM
I wish artists would tone down some of those backgrounds a bit; they're distracting to the point of me wondering if a new camouflage passive is being introduced.

MachThreeSlug
08-28-2017, 09:29 PM
Nope, they just got alternative sprite you can choose if you have one of her form. Same for Cattleya. Too bad for that poor Cyclamenn.

From what I've been able to tell that actually is Anemone's Bloom form as the alternate appearance from that popularity vote a while back has her wearing an apron. That is Cyclamenn's alternate look though.

Edit: Welp. Looks like I was wrong about that.

durrem
10-05-2017, 04:06 PM
I just realized I don't have any "Toy" rainbows. What are some of the better ones?

Drip
10-05-2017, 05:57 PM
I just realized I don't have any "Toy" rainbows. What are some of the better ones?
Alpinia!!!

Zandel
10-05-2017, 06:46 PM

Toy 6*s are as follows:

Alpinia = Great speed with +15% atk and +150 squad speed, High HP, Decent Defence but Low Atk herself. 4x Single target life drain skill tho so she's hard to kill.

Habranthus = Average stats across the board for a 6*, +15% Atk and 100% Counter so an odd combo and a 2.3x AOE skill.

Cactace = Average HP, below average ATK but High Def with +15% atk and +30% crystal drop rate and a 3.5x single target skill.

Cherry = Good HP, slightly below average atk, good Def with great skills both passive (-15% atk and +40% atk for 3) and active (2 targets AoE 2.5x) with bloom form coming in the first wave.

Flowering Peach = Good HP, Average atk and poor desence with +20% atm (with 100% affection) and +15% def for squad, a 3.6x single target skill (again with 100% affection).

Daisy = Average HP, Good atk, average Def with +30% atk for 3 and +14% def for all and a 2.1x 2 target skill, nice skill activation rate tho.

Ardisia = Good HP, Average Atk, Good Def with +15% atk to all and +40% solar damage and a 2.2x to all AOE

Helenium = Poor HP, Good Atk and Above Average Def, +30% Atk to 3 and 100% counter making her another odd counter girl but with a 2.2x AOE skill.

Lycoris = Poor HP, Above Average Atk, Average Def, +18% to 4 and Dodge chance with a 2.2x AOE

TLDR: only Cherry has a bloom form coming soon but if you don't care about bloom then Cherry is still really strong, Flowering Peach has some of the best passive buffs around and Alpina is great in the right situations.

durrem
10-05-2017, 07:39 PM
Oh, nice post. Thanks. I have to think about next time a deal comes up...

edit: *sees daily deal* oh god damn it :)