PDA

View Full Version : How do you intend to deal with Vuritra? [Upcoming Ragna Advent]

Inb4whales
07-27-2017, 08:14 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZV12qMEBl8

According to wiki
Normal burst = AoE damage (~4000 damage). Applies a 3 turn debuff that freezes cooldown of all abilities. (Eg: If your ability have 3 turns left before it comes off cooldown, it will be stuck there frozen until the debuff wears off.)

Additional Note: When the boss hits you with this, the debuff applies first before the turn is considered to have ended and your abilities come off of cooldown. Meaning if an ability you want to use only have 1 turn left and you get hit by it, you will still sit there with 1 turn.

Rage burst = 3 hits, random (~6000 damage per hit)

If you have elemental advantage and around two stacks of ATK down debuffs, you can cut all of this damage to around 2000 for normal burst and 3000 per hit for rage.

How do you intend to deal with this?
She doesn't seem to be harder than Ragxion in my opinion.
My only problem with this is that unless you have SSR Thunder to outdamage it and kill it before it kills you, you will be stuck with a healer-less Thunder team unless you supplement with Andro or Joan. Discuss.

Regardless, I intend to use all black grimoires that I have this Advent and the next to MLB the SR Thunder Kamis.
This is the team I intend to use.

sanahtlig
07-27-2017, 08:35 AM
You basically need two sources of debuff removal (or debuff prevention) to handle this debuff effectively + Black Propaganda. One of those can be Behemoth, since you won't see more than two Normal Overdrives in a given cycle. A second option is Mordred with Maiden's Prayer equipped. A third option is Thunder's R "healer", which I assume many people will be using, or any other kamihime that can prevent or remove debuffs. For those not using Mordred, equipping Black Propaganda will likely be necessary.

noxybell
07-27-2017, 09:26 AM
Can we at least have some courtesy for Dullahan Raid please xD? Vuritra is weeks later. We are not even half way through, time-wise, for Yatagarasu yet.

sanahtlig
07-27-2017, 09:31 AM
Thinking ahead is smart to plan out your soul point usage (for those who haven't maxed every soul already). By the time the event is upon us, it'll be too late.

bigblackcock
07-27-2017, 09:32 AM
hmm...i have 2 problems with my thunder team
1) lack of debuff 2) lack of healer
so i've thought to use mordred to cover for the debuff part and maybe give her extra skill that will regenerate a little HP+yggsrdrasil i may be able to have regeneration during the whole battle, though it'll give just a small amount of HP.
and trying to get her stunned so tyr can finish her off, hopefully i can beat her before she crush me :O

noxybell
07-27-2017, 09:50 AM
Thinking ahead is smart to plan out your soul point usage.

Fair point, I myself have some Legendaries that needs leveling too.

Anyway back to topic: my planned line up:

Mordred (ex Maiden's Prayers), Raiko, Thor, Tyr, Sol, and definitely bringing Behemoth along. I think I'm going to avoid the Raging Burst entirely. With the nukes of Thor that should be do-able.

OR

Joan (ex Sniper Shot if my D'art can level up in time), Raiko, Thor, Tyr, Aphrodite. I feel like Aphrodite's Wash Detox has good enough of a short cool down and applies a debuff block to self. I came up this just because I'm biased against plan 1 with an Ex ability from a Standard soul. Also, I may bring in a Friend's Behemoth just in case. Since Vuritra doesn't have any def up I feel my himes can power through it.

Aidoru
07-27-2017, 10:22 AM
That player in the video seems to be using quite a few defender weapons. His eidolon is Yggdrasil and his friend support is a 2/4 Thunderbird (had 50% element boost), which in no way would bump his team's HP that high (in case you didn't know, you still get HP/ATK from your friend eidolon's stats too). Though we have gotten 3 damm SSR defender weapons from events so far, looks like he might be using all 3 or 2 with skill level really high. 1 weapon alone wouldn't be enough to hit 9k HP with only 1 HP main/friend eidolon.

What does this mean? It means if you've been playing for a while, you can hit 10k+ HP during this event by using 2 20% HP main/friend eidolons and skill leveling the SSR defender weapons you got from past event. People will most likely be using Sandalphon or Yggdrasil as their main who both have 40%thunder/20% hp.

Thankfully next raid event is a dark event and my light team is more or less capped out in terms of needing XP for anything (though some stuff could be replaced) so I can level up my thunder weapons, which are in the current worst status of all my teams.

Not for certain but for my first attempt, think I will go

Mordred (Black Propaganda and Maidens for ex skill to be safe)
Raiko (Damage reduction buff / Def debuff and buff)
Nemesis (Attacker and better management of rage phase)
Amaterasu (20% atk/def down / Deb buff with regen)
Ramiel (Dizzy+Mordred, atk debuff and multiple buff)
Perun and Hermod in sub. (Perun for damage reduction in case and no real reason for Hermod)

Will most likely save my party burst on regular phase if needed to push into raging for overdrive. Not sure how long stun phase lasts since the video uses burst on it. Hopefully enough to eat 2 or 3 turns of regular attacks to refresh skills.

If it doesn't work well, then back to my light team.

Inb4whales
07-27-2017, 10:53 AM
Can we at least have some courtesy for Dullahan Raid please xD? Vuritra is weeks later. We are not even half way through, time-wise, for Yatagarasu yet.
The reason I brought it up this early because the boss is no pushover like Yata.
And Raid events never really scare me because even if you fail, you can always obtain help. Even easier if you're in a Union.

A third option is Thunder's R "healer", which I assume many people will be using, or any other kamihime that can prevent or remove debuffs. For those not using Mordred, equipping Black Propaganda will likely be necessary.
By "healer" you mean the self-healing Indra? She does have a cleanse yes.
I also saw a player who used Tyr and Gaia there and pretty much used her as a one time meat shield to ensure that no one else dies on the first burst before taking it down with Sieg and Tyr. But the problem is not everyone has Tyr or Gaia so....

Mordred (Black Propaganda and Maidens for ex skill to be safe)
Raiko (Damage reduction buff / Def debuff and buff)
Nemesis (Attacker and better management of rage phase)
Amaterasu (20% atk/def down / Deb buff with regen)
Ramiel (Dizzy+Mordred, atk debuff and multiple buff)
Perun and Hermod in sub. (Perun for damage reduction in case and no real reason for Hermod)

Not sure if you forgot or just having Ama there for the one time sniper debuff. But she is going to be obliterated even if one tick of the rage burst hits her.

But don't worry, I had the exact same idea as you as well until I realised "Shet, I'm a fire main and the event is friggin water..."

Aidoru
07-27-2017, 11:02 AM
I have Amaterasu in all my parties. So she's just there because she's there. She'll most likely die if she gets double hit by the raging overdrive and no HP buff from the set up.

But as I said, it was just gonna be for my first attempt. If anything, it's just to see if I can handle keeping her out of using regular overdrive, which if I can, I will remove Maiden as a ex skill to use Sniper and swap Amaterasu to another attacker, probably Hermod or Baal.

I haven't really used my thunder team, rather not a big fan of how Hermod and Thor inflict damage on themselves and the team.

sanahtlig
07-27-2017, 11:06 AM
Remember that Maiden's Prayer alone may not be enough. That has a 4 turn CD, but you won't be able to use it twice in a row because she'll seal your CD the round before the skill is ready again (that's with with Black Propaganda active). You'll be fine if you only eat 1 overdrive, but you could end up eating two, especially after the first Rage cycle.

bigblackcock
07-27-2017, 11:09 AM
By "healer" you mean the self-healing Indra? She does have a cleanse yes.
I also saw a player who used Tyr and Gaia there and pretty much used her as a one time meat shield to ensure that no one else dies on the first burst before taking it down with Sieg and Tyr. But the problem is not everyone has Tyr or Gaia so....

lol i'm so dumb to no think about her XD
i think i'll use her instead of baal, in ragnarok there is no wave 1-2 so she won't be useful and gaia can really help.

Unregistered
07-27-2017, 12:02 PM
we dealt with Medusa we can deal with this little fella. Mostly using skills before she gets to do it though.

Unregistered
07-27-2017, 03:57 PM
we dealt with Medusa we can deal with this little fella. Mostly using skills before she gets to do it though.
Pretty sure there was no ragnarok for medusa back then.

jazz154
07-27-2017, 10:34 PM
I might use my wind team on her, since it can reach 50% atk down.

Joan with black propaganda or sniper shoot or ambush. Whatever I feel is more useful.
Gaia.
Zephyrus.
Cybele.
And maybe Belobog just in case her ailment removal might be useful. Or Satan for her orb drain and def debuff. Or Balor for... all debuffs that she have?
as for sub slot:
Heimdallr
Hermes

Boydjt
07-28-2017, 10:26 AM
So for this fight I don't have the luxury of many of the strong Thunder himes and SSR weapons to run either Seig (no SSR thunder glaive / hammer) or a strong thunder team (no SSR thunder himes). Additionally I don't have Mordred and likely won't be able to scrounge together the extra 540 soul points I'll need by this event.

Knowing all this, I think my best bet will be to try running a dual thunder and light team, using Joan with Sniper Shot, plus Sol for max damage mitigation. I'll also likely run Ramiel for the dizzy, the R thunder healer (Indra?) for the debuff removal, and Raphael for the equivalent of a black propaganda and the rage control. Because I'll be running a dual thunder light team, I'll be running my MLB Phoenix or my 1 star Thunderbird. I have Behemoth and Yatagarasu as secondary Eidolons for the debuff removal and attack down debuff respectively. As backup himes I'll likely use Aphrodite for the strong heal and debuff removal, and Belobog for the defensive buff and debuff removal.

AgentFakku
07-28-2017, 11:00 AM
hmm...i have 2 problems with my thunder team
1) lack of debuff 2) lack of healer
so i've thought to use mordred to cover for the debuff part and maybe give her extra skill that will regenerate a little HP+yggsrdrasil i may be able to have regeneration during the whole battle, though it'll give just a small amount of HP.
and trying to get her stunned so tyr can finish her off, hopefully i can beat her before she crush me :O

Pretty much agree - I don't even have a full thunder team

sanahtlig
07-28-2017, 10:10 PM
Raphael for the equivalent of a black propaganda
Two problems with that plan:

Black Propaganda buys you 1 extra turn without an Overdrive every 3 turns. Raphael's skill is on a 6-turn CD, so it's 1/2 as effective.
Raphael's skill can be resisted. I've never seen Black Propaganda resisted.

Mordred is more or less required to do many Ragnaroks, assuming you don't have one of those perfect teams or unique kamihime that perform the same functions. For most players, she should be one of the first 3 legendary unlocks.

You can try with this setup, but you're going to be taking more damage and dealing with the debuff more often.

jazz154
07-28-2017, 11:47 PM
Raphael's skill can be resisted. I've never seen Black Propaganda resisted.

I had black propaganda resisted two or three times. Ixion ragnarok resisted it (though I didn't have that debuff resistance), Apocalypse ragnarok also resisted it once for me (this time I had debuff resistance) and I think one of the expert event raids also resisted it

sanahtlig
07-29-2017, 10:04 AM
I had black propaganda resisted two or three times. Ixion ragnarok resisted it (though I didn't have that debuff resistance), Apocalypse ragnarok also resisted it once for me (this time I had debuff resistance) and I think one of the expert event raids also resisted it
Interesting. The resist rate must be pretty low then. I saw Raphael's skill resisted multiple times just in the course of doing Ixion and Apocalypse Ragnarok. Conversely, I use Black Propaganda more regularly and haven't seen resists.

jazz154
07-29-2017, 12:18 PM
Interesting. The resist rate must be pretty low then. I saw Raphael's skill resisted multiple times just in the course of doing Ixion and Apocalypse Ragnarok. Conversely, I use Black Propaganda more regularly and haven't seen resists.

Yeah, it is pretty rare and if that happens then you know that you will have a bad time with that fight. I might be wrong about Apocalypse, though I am 100% sure that it missed on ragnarok Ixion once. I remember that since it was first time that I saw black propaganda missing when it was needed.
I wonder if it is worth mentioning that I was using Joan with black propaganda as extra ability?

Although it can miss on wind disaster raid even if you land debuff resist down. But then again she have very high debuff resistance.

Inb4whales
07-29-2017, 03:19 PM
Let's make one thing clear. ALL debuffs in this game can be resisted (including the debuff that reduces debuff resist down) and this includes any debuff that applies immediately like the one orb burst remover abilities.

To my knowledge (unless its extremely rare to miss), the only abilities that affects the enemy's "status" and cannot miss are the rage meter depleters (Gilgamesh, Belphegor, etc) and dispel abilities (Chaos magic, Sol).

bigblackcock
08-01-2017, 11:02 AM
well, i'm starting to be unsure about how to battle ragnarok level.
at first, i've thought to use mordred as soul for all the debuff, but maybe arc will work better with her cut damage skill?
if i go with mordred i'll have 2 def debuff which will help me to get to deal damage, and with arc i'll i may be able to survive longer.
but if i do pick up arc, should i go with sniper shot for attack and def debuff or black propaganda?
also, i decided to replace my baal for gaia and to use perun as well for cut damage abilities as well.
so main team will be mordred/arc, tyr,gaia, perun and ramiel in the front, but not sure which other 2 to put in my sub team

Slashley
08-01-2017, 12:38 PM
well, i'm starting to be unsure about how to battle ragnarok level.
at first, i've thought to use mordred as soul for all the debuff, but maybe arc will work better with her cut damage skill?
if i go with mordred i'll have 2 def debuff which will help me to get to deal damage, and with arc i'll i may be able to survive longer.
but if i do pick up arc, should i go with sniper shot for attack and def debuff or black propaganda?
also, i decided to replace my baal for gaia and to use perun as well for cut damage abilities as well.
so main team will be mordred/arc, tyr,gaia, perun and ramiel in the front, but not sure which other 2 to put in my sub teamIf you're going to run Ramiel, doesn't the Charm/Dazzle/whatever debuff work fairly hard against Jeanne's "take less damage this turn" skill? I mean, usually it's a very handy skill to slow down the amount of damage a boss deals, but it can make you waste your survival abilities.

Kitty
08-01-2017, 12:45 PM
If you're going to run Ramiel, doesn't the Charm/Dazzle/whatever debuff work fairly hard against Jeanne's "take less damage this turn" skill? I mean, usually it's a very handy skill to slow down the amount of damage a boss deals, but it can make you waste your survival abilities.

it's a very good point, the dizzy ability can be annoying if you're about to receive strong atk.. but if by chance that the enemy is dizzy, he'll have both gaia and perun as well as arc, so he can use their def one instead..lower chance that she'll be dizzy twice in a row, but then to use either 1 that's left..by this time, 3 turns would passed, and then 2-3? more turns for her next strong attack and that's if she's not stunned by that time.. so really by then, the ability cool down or whatever and he can use them again.. this is just worst case scenario anyway..

the battle seems fairly easy with the right defense, so he's going about it the best way, and with the 3 tank partners he may use the battle shouldn't be too hard... arc would be betterin myopinion cause she heals too, even if it's just regen for 3-4 turns.. yggdrasil regen too, but with the amount of thunder hp weapon he can probably do it without a healer, as i have seen others do it without one and he's stronger than them XD
froom what i've saw, her raging strong ability deals 3-5k? to 3 partners, and normal one deals 2-3k or so to all.. though i may be wrong, and don't know if anyone already said it in the thread.. she have no buff to herself, but in normal one give a debuff to allies which i do't know what it is.. someone else probably said i'm sure :D gaia may die pretty fast though since she'll have lower hp than the thunders..

my advice isn't the best like i always say, just saying my opinion and hoping maybe it can help :)

bigblackcock
08-01-2017, 02:09 PM
well, my plan for this ragnarok is to get to 100% burst as fast as possible and stun her so tyr can finish her off in that turn.
so having ramiel that can give me 10% burst gauge+ attack and defense buff seem to be good for my party in general, but as said the dizzy effect may come against me if i use that skill and she get dizzy.
in both of you comments it seem like arc is the soul i should pick, but still not sure what extra skill will come in more in handy, sniper shot to decrease more the damage and defense or black propaganda?
with sniper shot i can deal more damage and recieve less damage along arc debuff and 3 kami that cut the damage.
and with black propaganda i can delay the super move time and maybe get less hits with it (although it may fill up my burst gauge faster)

kitty-
how much attack debuff and defense buffs the user had in that battle?
i haven't saw her getting any buff, but her debuff is freezing the CD of skills, let say i used gaia skill and have to wait 6 turns till i can use it again, then that debuff will keep it at 6 turns waiting for some turn (forgot for how long)
so i may not be able to use that skill again till the end of the battle :O
and well, i don't have a full thunder grid so i can use the SSR wind axe so she can have a little more hp, but without main eidolon and suppot eidolon to boost HP she won't have that much indeed.

Fury
08-07-2017, 11:33 PM
Wasn't really looking forward to this event due to the fact that my thunder team lacked any firepower. Especially since i thought I'd never build one so I got rid of 3 copies Yggdra's raid spear, still have one left, but am kicking myself for using using them as enhancements.

Anyway, used some materials on the SR weapon ticket and pulled this5927
I was pretty excited, especially considering I had just finished watching Thor the movie it was such perfect timing.
Anyway, here is my team, I have some leveling up to do XD

After reading about needing to burst up quickly to take her down, should I switch out some of my himes for others? Here is my current list of thunder hime. 5929

I'll farm the hell out of the thunder SP quest/raid disaster to try and level them up. Goal is to complete ultimate fairly easily. Let me know and I appreciate the input! I still can't believe that lucky pull.

~Fury~

dreadpin
08-08-2017, 10:28 AM
hmmm the event schedule already messed up no? not sure when this big guy will up and when's my Dullahan show up~

Slashley
08-08-2017, 11:57 AM
Chances are it's only going to be this one event being out of place.

Of course, we'll see in a couple of days, but.

Fury
08-08-2017, 02:03 PM
Hm, is there a way to get an early inside tip as to what element we'll be facing? Would be quiet the task to level up all of my himes at once XD

Thanks!

~Fury~

gottesurteil
08-08-2017, 02:09 PM
This event came 12 events early. With this ONE exception, it has completely followed the event schedule. If it goes back to the regular schedule, next is a Dark Raid, then a Water Advent.

Unregistered
08-08-2017, 02:22 PM
Chances are it's only going to be this one event being out of place.

Of course, we'll see in a couple of days, but.
I'm guessing they changed the event schedule so the Halloween and Christmas events happen, well, around Halloween and Christmas.
If that's true, we can expect some more 2017 events happening soon... we can only hope they'll stop doing Advents back-to-back.

EmiyaNanaya
08-08-2017, 07:10 PM
I'm guessing they changed the event schedule so the Halloween and Christmas events happen, well, around Halloween and Christmas.
If that's true, we can expect some more 2017 events happening soon... we can only hope they'll stop doing Advents back-to-back.

I hope it will be a Raid Event... my 100+ Seeds is begging to be used atm...