PDA

View Full Version : This is a rant thread on the Newest DMM SSR awakening

noxybell
07-30-2017, 10:42 PM
WWWHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYY did you not awaken Shivaaaaaaaaa????????

Out of the majority of the starting SSR only Shiva gets ignored. Others have either alter-elemental forms or awakened form. On top of that we waited for ages for a water SSR awakening. And it has to be Air?

Uuuuuggggggghhhhhh.

/rant.

jazz154
07-31-2017, 07:07 AM
Heh, Ea got awakening? So if I understand correctly she is something like mix of Tyr/Siegfried (max dmg on stunned enemy), Belphegor (atack that decrease rage meter?) and anyone else with invulnerability. Looks interesting.

Shame that Shiva didn't get anything so far, maybe in the future?

Inb4whales
07-31-2017, 07:37 AM
Gilgamesh would be proud.

There is a simple explanation for it.
1. They don't give awakenings to normal or strong kamihimes. (awakening acts like a buff to weak kamis that doesn't break the game by having to buff everything of a particular element)
2. They don't give awakenings to kamis that plenty of people already have. (So that more people roll for this niche Kamihime)
3. Water is still pretty strong. Why do you think they get awakenings last?

The only exception to number 1 and 2 would be something like Sol's awakening but that is simply because she won the popularity vote in JP (which they apparently promised that they'll give an awakening to the 1st place SSR?).
And the exception to rule number 3 is Light because evidently the Devs seem to hate Light.

Anyway here are the links to both of Ea's enuma elish.
Guess which one is awakened and which one is pre-awakened.
https://twitter.com/kamihimeproject/status/795526102277984256
https://twitter.com/kamihimeproject/status/891902682285301761

I can't help but think that these Devs don't really care about most awakened burst animations because a good majority of them looks worse than the original.

sanahtlig
07-31-2017, 08:30 AM
Gaia got an awakening, and she's considered a core part of a Wind team. Moreover, the earlier released kamihime, which more people would have, tend to have gotten Awakenings first.

noxybell
07-31-2017, 09:58 AM
To be perfectly object, Shiva's stat is one of the best. And her repertoire is very straight forward so there isn't a lot of design space for tweaks and mods. Maybe I'm just not liking the artistics of girls with glasses.

Inb4whales
07-31-2017, 10:04 AM
Gaia got an awakening, and she's considered a core part of a Wind team. Moreover, the earlier released kamihime, which more people would have, tend to have gotten Awakenings first.
Falls into the third rule of my category.
Wind was gosh darn weak. Probably the weakest of all elements during the early stages of the game. Oberon was the only kami you can rely on for proper debuffing and she is an SR with only 15% debuff on each frame.

Which is probably the reason why you see Gaia and Titania gaining insane amount of upgrades in their awakening buffs.
Damage immunity + Rear guard and party regen?
+45 burst every 3 turns and a raw 60% damage boost?

Now you look at Ea and all she pretty much gets is lowered cooldown on her attack ability and increased attack rate on her other. That's it.

Ramazan
07-31-2017, 02:33 PM
I support the OP's ideas. (im also a shiva owner :p )

Ramazan
07-31-2017, 02:34 PM
Not that we can do about it anyway tho.

Idunno
07-31-2017, 09:19 PM
This isn't really what the thread is about, but is the awakened himes new SSRs or just a buff to the current hime?
For example, if I have Gaia when the awakened is released, do I get the awakened or do I have to get the awakened from the gacha?

Aidoru
07-31-2017, 09:45 PM
I think her name is suppose to be Eir, at least Eir is a goddess based on Norse mythology. Air seems a little weird, but maybe I'm wrong.

Anyways,

This isn't really what the thread is about, but is the awakened himes new SSRs or just a buff to the current hime?
For example, if I have Gaia when the awakened is released, do I get the awakened or do I have to get the awakened from the gacha?

You need to max break limit the SSR and use need 3 draconic eyes, completed eyes, not shards. You can supposedly get more from exchange shop using cores from Advent Ragnarok in the future, instead of having to get 1 shard a week from weekly. Not 100% sure.

Though it resets their level and you have to level and break limit her over again in her awakened form with even more costly break limit requirements.

Idunno
07-31-2017, 09:53 PM
I see! I wonder if the awakened forms are going to be prioritized with such extreme costs

noxybell
07-31-2017, 11:33 PM
I think her name is suppose to be Eir, at least Eir is a goddess based on Norse mythology. Air seems a little weird, but maybe I'm wrong.

I think she is based on the Sumerian myth of Gilgamesh and Ea. I used Air just because Google translate gave me Air.

Inb4whales
08-01-2017, 10:15 AM

I think she is based on the Sumerian myth of Gilgamesh and Ea. I used Air just because Google translate gave me Air.

The Norse goddess Eir is associated with medicine while the Mesopotamian Ea is associated with water and oceans.
Plus the Japanese katakana written for Ea is エア, which is exactly the same as the way they wrote Fate Stay Night's Ea weapon as well.
Kamihime even reused the same Fate's reference of the Babylonian myth of エヌマ・エリシュ (Enuma Elish) as one of her abilities.

So yeah Noxy is correct.

Personally though, I was half-expecting a kamihime like Ryuu-Ou to be getting the awakening since what she does is pretty bland (but useful) and straightforward.
Giving Shiva (who already have a kit like Arthur) an awakening is just a little too much in my opinion, considering the fact that she is already pretty strong.

But yeah, looking back at it now out of all the water Kamihime released so far in order of Old->New (excluding the limited edition winter/summer/beach/SSR reprint version etc versions).
Shiva
Poseidon
Aphrodite
Ryuu Ou
Cthulu
Ea
Asherah / Ashtoreth
Pluto
The oldest Kamihime on the list with a massive dip in power level compared to all of its older kamihimes of the same element would be Ea.
Her kit is pretty much a weaker version of Tyr and somewhat a mix of Acala with the rage depletion and Wind element's invulnerability.

So makes a lot of sense in my opinion to buff her, even though that buff is pretty meh compared to all the other awakenings so far.

Aidoru
08-01-2017, 10:17 AM
That's probably it then. Was trying to find a connection with Enkidu but couldn't.