PDA

View Full Version : Sanahtlig's Kamihime Project Game Guide

sanahtlig
08-07-2017, 05:14 PM
Kamihime Project Game Guide (https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K_dU3rCief_ajPGS9YBuVdxXBYFyCGGXAxYYyK0jzg/edit#) (Google Document)

Over the course of several months, I've compiled an extensive Kamihime Project Game Guide: a primer for new players and a deep resource for veterans. Inside you'll find basic mechanics for beginners, factual tidbits and expert-level analysis for veterans based on my original computational modeling, translation and interpretation of key information from the DMM version's wiki, and my insights as a veteran who's been playing since launch. Since I understand Japanese, my understanding of the JP wiki is more reliable than the typical player will get using Google Translate.

The guide itself is written entirely by me and then revised based on community feedback, and provides a common reference point for discussion about various builds and strategies to avoid rehashing the same topics over and over. I strove to cover topics definitively, coherently, precisely, and succinctly--qualities which ad-hoc discussions tend to lack. In short, I put a great deal of effort into the writing so you can learn more in less time with less effort.

Most importantly, I provide advice on long-term team building for each element that is a must-read for serious players looking to build their ideal team with Miracle tickets, as well as new players wondering how to put together a good starter team with room for growth (Hint: Reroll for a strong account (https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K_dU3rCief_ajPGS9YBuVdxXBYFyCGGXAxYYyK0jzg/edit#heading=h.bkfnmrchpxxo)).

I'm hosting the guide as a public Google Document with an automatically-generated Table of Contents. Major updates will be posted in this thread.

Abbreviated list of topics as of 3/4/18 (this is much more readable and up-to-date in the document's Table of Contents):

Useful Links and Resources
Beginner’s Guide: How to reroll for a Strong account
Stat buffs and debuffs
Debuff cap
Character attack vs. elemental attack
Awakening
Relic weapons
4th Weapon Limit Break
Gacha
Advantages of a primary, dominant-element team
Building a well-balanced team
Advanced Build Strategies
Challenging Advent Ragnaroks
Which element should I choose for my primary team?
Team-building Guide by Element
Miracle Ticket Guide
Accessory Guide
Leveling Guide
How to attract strong friends
I’ve missed events. Is it possible to get the kamihime, weapons, and eidolons I’ve missed?
What is the best use of Draconic Eyes?
Which web browser works best on PC?

Rhenosa
08-07-2017, 07:39 PM
to avoid writing same subject twice, here is compilation of FAQ from various place. <br />
<br />
Discord (https://discordapp.com/channels/263690964399423489/263738284348276737) : <br />
<br />
Q: What element should I...

sanahtlig
08-07-2017, 10:19 PM
to avoid writing same subject twice, here is compilation of FAQ from various place.

Discord (https://discordapp.com/channels/263690964399423489/263738284348276737)
Pulling word-for-word from other sources gets into the rocky area of assigning credit and plagiarism. We can handle this by adding the link to the 'Useful Links and Resources' section. Credit can then be assigned for each question or section by referencing that link (e.g., with @Bell). Go ahead and add the questions/topics and we'll refine as we go. In the event that a consensus can't be reached, I'll make the final call.

omelletetherice
08-08-2017, 02:11 AM
This may be presumptuous of me, but i think that some of the question may be misleading or don't have enough info especially for new ppl.

i.e.
"Q: What element should I focus on?
A: any element, as long you have good pair of support/heal himes, preferably same attribute/element"

i feel like this one can be misleading since elements like wind n light are... hard to work with and may have more problems than other elements. (honestly i'd probably tell some to reroll even if they got sol n another ssr light hime) may need a lil more info to help newcomers.

"Q: Which 3rd tier heroine should I aim for?
A: Depending on your play style. Below is a summary of what each heroine does."

this one too. mostly because it doesn't really give recommendations for beginners(low lvl) or advanced(or higher lvl) players. i feel like 3rd souls like andromeda n mordred should be highly recommended to unlock 1st if ur just starting out. maybe mention among other things weaknesses of 3rd tier souls or recommendations about why it might be better to unlock x 1st. feels bad when u unlock x expected y only to end up with '_'.

for instance siegfried being good during raid or union events when burst time is on, but relatively bad otherwise. (the whole "insane dmg to the point where one hit is possible to stunned enemies." can be a bit misleading) not to mention is pretty easy to miss ur opportunity. maybe also a side note that the buff will be consumed even by using skills.

thou im not really an expert on the matter, but i feel like a lil more info my help those looking for answers to questions. also, need a time to know when banquets start...

Shieun
08-08-2017, 04:12 AM
I thought the elements were pretty much spot on... Your main element (especially your first team) is pretty much going to be determined by your draw...

In my case, my draws are all over the place initially... I had Poseidon and Michael from the first 6k, and the SSR guaranteed pack gave me Acala... After a while RNG says here's Amaterasu, here's Brynhildr and I knew I just had to go fire...

It will be hard to tell which element you need to focus early on, because it will be determined by how lucky you are. If you're in the mid-game or late game, then you should have enough game mechanic knowledge to know what element you want to work on, and start saving your crystals and tickets (maybe $$$) for double rate gacha for the element you desire.

As for 3rd tier soul, I'm relatively new to the game, but I'd think Andromeda is the safest option for beginners. I find using non-Andromeda 3rd tier soul work best when you have the necessary hime to make the team works. I see souls as a complementary pieces to your team, not the core of the team...

Rhenosa
08-08-2017, 04:33 AM
im maining light, i admit light is pretty difficult to work with... but again, the reason im maining light is because i got 2 light SSR on the initial pull...
i think giving a specific advice instead of general one can cause the gameplay lil bit linear.

as for the 3rd tier heroine, every1 have different experience thus the opinions vary alot. maybe i could add "pick soul to counter your team weaknesses, etc, etc". whaddya think?

at the end of the day, both of these question's answer is too reliant on how lucky you are on ur gacha pull so it cant be too specific.
but i'll try to update it with better guide.

regarding banquets, i myself still confused. ill do my best to put that on the FAQ.

omelletetherice
08-08-2017, 05:43 AM
here what im tryin to say is give a lil bit more info about elements than just saying have a good support/heal on preferably same element. a kinda short summary of elements would work like i know a lot of thunder himes have a lot atk skills, but not many debuffs, heals, or buffs. even if u give this extra info ppl still goin to do what they want, but will have a better idea.

yea, that's kinda what i was trying to say with that one. cause i remember wonderin who i should get mordred or sieg and ended up gettin sieg not knowin how reliant she can be on gettin boss into stun. didn't go to well with my lightning team at the time since they really don't have debuffs.

but yea, that rng on gatcha be too stronk got thor n tyr thinkin i'm goin lightning, but then landed an amatertsu n brynhildr with ssr ticket and realized my fire team is somehow better if not easier to work with or cover for with souls.

at Shieun
ur definitely rite about that. i've started playin every since 2nd week release, didn't know about rerollin... didn't pull any SSRs for the longest lol. (1st one was thor after jorgunmandr raid) i think at the time lightning was my strongest team, but often got rofl stomp cause i didn't have andromeda n no good healer. think my 1st 3rd tier soul was arthur.

didn't really have much of a guide or direction so i just tried to amp up whateva the event boss weakness was. my mistakes are many... >.> kinda y i thought a lil more info would be nice, so if x player rolled say lightning hime they be like maybe i should go andromeda fa heals n d'art's snipershot as ex or mordred for debuff. but yea, somethin like that

sanahtlig
08-08-2017, 07:23 AM
I like Bell's description of the relative strengths of each element. But it's also true that you should work around the draws you get: that Light team with 2 SSRs is likely going to have more potential than a Water team built from scratch.

When I have the time, I'll probably add a section describing what to look for in a balanced team: healing, debuffs (aim for at least -30% ATK and DEF down), and sufficient attack skills to reduce the Rage meter quickly. If you have these, any element will work. Building a balanced team is more difficult (i.e., requiring specific hard-to-obtain kamihime) with some elements than others, but it's still generally possible.

Unregistered
08-08-2017, 07:44 AM
Will there be a limit on half elixirs from now on for advent battles? Will they be refreshed?

Aidoru
08-08-2017, 08:50 AM
Will there be a limit on half elixirs from now on for advent battles? Will they be refreshed?

That cannot be answered with 100% certainty because the 20 max limit isn't suppose to happen til Garuda/Typhon rematch, which we got 12 events early. In the case of Garuda/Typhon rematch, it is 20 max with no resets and this becomes the norm for every following advent event in DMM.

We cannot be sure that the advent events in within the 12 that were suppose to be before the rematch will adapt the updated exchange rates or still use the old 2 a day limit. We will have to wait til the next advent event to see what Nutaku does.

sanahtlig
08-08-2017, 09:08 PM
Advantages of a primary, dominant-element team
By sanahtlig

KamiPro has multiple mechanics that encourage focusing on a core team of same-element characters. Assault skill and related effects give large character attack bonuses to characters of the matching element, and these bonuses are multiplied by the elemental attack bonuses granted by the more valuable eidolons, which are typically mono- or dual-element. These bonuses are very important to damage output, and having fewer than 4 same-element characters in a team of 5 generally isn’t recommended except in special circumstances.

While leveraging elemental-advantage can be effective in early- and mid-game, focusing resources on a single element is typically the quickest way to progress into Ultimate and Ragnarok content. That means prioritizing that element for weapon farming (including from Disasters), farming of 1-2 strong fully limit breaked primary eidolons, weapon leveling, and weapon skill leveling. Weapon skill leveling (mainly assault skill) is the main bottleneck, as skill fodder is fairly scarce and it takes several months to max the skill levels of an entire grid.

Another advantage of focusing on a single element is that you’ll be enhancing your best team and using it for most content. A well-balanced team combines adequate healing, a variety of essential debuffs, and strong spike damage, and players typically won’t have the necessary variety of kamihime to build such a team for every element.

Gacha
By sanahtlig
See the Gatcha Calculator in Sanahtlig’s Kamihime Project Toolbox for a rate analysis.

Cashing priority
Miracle ticket* >> SSR kamihime ticket >> Premium Gatcha

For obtaining a specific SSR kamihime:
Miracle ticket >> SSR kamihime ticket = 19x Premium Gatcha (5x appearance bonus) = 95x Premium Gatcha (no appearance bonus)

* Not yet available
Appearance bonus
The Appearance bonus (Rate up) for newly-added characters increases the chance of pulling the newly-introduced kamihime, out of the pool of all kamihime for that rarity tier, by 5x. This will eventually be raised to 15x. The bonus for eidolons is 2.5x.

Stat buffs and debuffs
Stat buffs and debuffs (not to be confused with binary status effects like Blind) can be classified as follows. Buffs from different classes can stack, while buffs from the same class do not.
Class A: usually affect a single stat (e.g., ATK down)
Class B: usually affect multiple stats (e.g., ATK/DEF down)
Class C: rare and usually limited to certain SSR kamihime
Eidolon: includes temporary Eidolon and Burst effects
Stacking: accompanies skills with short CDs and small effects, and can stack to the specified amount

List of skills by stat affected and class on JP wiki

Debuff cap
A debuff cap of -50% attack and defense is currently implemented in the DMM version, but not the Nutaku version (as of 8/8/17) [Source]. Expect the cap to be implemented by Feb 2018.

Naes
08-11-2017, 06:18 AM
who should i prioritise for final limit breaks? my best team is wind. so im thinking about pushing that one. and whats a good general rule for final limit breaks?
here are my choices, + an offscreen artemis. in case i have any generally great KH, like brynhildr.

sanahtlig
08-11-2017, 06:56 AM
Prioritize kamihime of your main element that have the most to gain from the final limit break. The final limit break will buff the kamihime's second skill (check the effect of the buff on the JP wiki (http://xn--hckqz0e9cygq471ahu9b.xn--wiki-4i9hs14f.com/index.php?%E7%A5%9E%E5%A7%AB%E6%80%A7%E8%83%BD%E4% B8%80%E8%A6%A7)). Focus next on your secondary element, which will likely be the element which counters your primary team's elemental weakness.

Unregistered
08-11-2017, 07:38 AM
Priotize kamihimes break limit choices by your main party first, which ever one gains a debuff that gets an increases in %effect, not CD turn reduction. Fine if it gains both. Then kamihimes that will increase your heal per turn rate, then increased buff effects, buff CD reduction, offensive attack skills and lastly debuff with CD reduction, which is the most useless enhancement since debuffs are time base, making an extra turn with no additional effect basically no different than its regular versions.

Dispel and debuff recovery depend on current event.

Naes
08-11-2017, 07:43 PM
Prioritize kamihime of your main element that have the most to gain from the final limit break. The final limit break will buff the kamihime's second skill. Focus next on your secondary element, which will likely be the element which counters your primary team's elemental weakness.

well it looks like gaia is the ssr to get it, Chu, is a damage dealer puritan, plus gaia has awakening according to the site, i thought that was a separate gacha pull.
wish thunder was my main, that raiko buff

sanahtlig
08-13-2017, 12:26 PM
Building a well-balanced team

A team’s core is its kamihime.
Weapons, eidolons, and upgrade materials can be farmed from events, but kamihime selection is mostly determined by the luck of the draw in Gatcha. Until the introduction of 100% elemental attack bonus eidolons, kamihime selection will determine a team’s potential. Soul selection will fill in the necessary gaps in capabilities.

A balanced team should include healing, ATK/DEF debuffs, and spike damage.
A balanced team with two sources of healing (~400 healing/turn), -32% ATK/DEF, and sufficient spike damage/mode reduction to deplete the Rage meter without Burst (ex: damage skills totaling 10x damage) will be sufficiently versatile to deal with a wide range of challenges.

ATK and DEF debuffs scale exponentially.
Each additional percentage point provides more benefit than the last. Increasing DEF down debuff from -40% to -50% increases damage by 20%, nearly double the benefit of 0% to -10%. Players should strive for -40 to -50% ATK and DEF down when possible.

Debuff priority
DEF > ATK > Overdrive extension > Overdrive reduction > Debuff resistance down > Combo attack down > Blind > Triple attack down > Double attack down > Paralyze > Charm > Stun extension > DoT
This priority scale is meant only as a general guide, and does not cover all situations. The relative usefulness of overdrive gauge extension / reduction, Blind, and attack frequency down will depend on the threat posed by a boss’s normal attacks vs. its overdrives. Also, some skills in the same category have stronger effects and/or accuracy than others.

Certain skills are situationally useful, and even mandatory for certain encounters
Many encounters will require overdrive gauge extension to make punishing overdrives less frequent. Certain bosses have powerful buffs that must be dispelled. Others use debilitating debuffs that must be cleaned. Use Soul EX abilities to cover these needs as required.

sanahtlig
08-13-2017, 01:35 PM
Soul selection
I recommend Mordred as first 3rd-tier soul. The goal of new players should be to clear Advent Ultimates ASAP. Mordred has the best toolset for challenging difficult content with an underpowered team. In addition, her overdrive gauge extension EX skill is required for many Advent Ragnaroks.

Subsequent picks will depend on the needs of the primary team, which tends to track with element.
Healing (main): Cassiopeia or Andromeda
Type A DEF down (EX): Gawain
Type A ATK down (EX) / damage mitigation (main): Jeanne d’Arc
Type B ATK/DEF down (EX): D'Artagnan

Players should also pick up these souls for EX skills that are useful in certain encounters.
Mordred: overdrive gauge extension, combo attack down (from Asmund)
Cassiopeia: dispel enemy buff, cleanse debuffs (from Vivian)

Pareidolia
08-13-2017, 01:53 PM
As someone who went for Andromeda before Mordred I can tell, the upgrade from Cassiopeia to Andromeda is really not worth the 500 SP when you're getting near the rank 50's

I absolutely recommend getting Cassiopeia and after going for Mordred, the debuff might not be as good as D'artagnan's but it will work while you climb up the ladder of the extra 4rth skills as you unlock other souls with useful skills that can complement Mordred's

In a case scenario in which you don't have a good Weapon to he held by Mordred well, while you branch out into another elements try not wasting the Soul Points in Legendary souls but the ones before them

CrimsonRunner
08-16-2017, 03:58 PM
ATK and DEF debuffs scale exponentially.
Each additional percentage point provides more benefit than the last. Increasing DEF down debuff from -40% to -50% increases damage by 20%, nearly double the benefit of 0% to -10%.

Please elaborate how this works.

sanahtlig
08-16-2017, 06:36 PM
Please elaborate how this works.
I created a thread a while ago that discussed this. You can also use my Temporary Effects Damage Calculator to run the numbers yourself using the damage formula posted on the JP wiki. In short, the odd scaling occurs because defense is in the divisor of the damage calculation, and thus a 50% reduction in defense results in double damage.

Slashley
08-17-2017, 12:00 AM
Please elaborate how this works.It is something you'll come across in many games. The short version would be, when it comes to % reduction, it stacks upon itself.

Let's say that there's a boss that deals 1000 damage with a normal hit. Mathematically we'd use N (or X) for it, but fuck it. This is for demonstration, so we're using a number.

The boss already has -0% Atk from previous debuffs, doing 1000 damage to you. You use a -10% Atk debuff. The boss now does 900 damage (100 less). You're taking 10% less damage from using a -10% debuff.
The boss already has -50% Atk from previous debuffs, doing 500 damage to you. You use a -10% Atk debuff. The boss now does 400 damage (100 less). You're taking 20% less damage from using a -10% debuff.
The boss already has -70% Atk from previous debuffs, doing 300 damage to you. You use a -10% Atk debuff. The boss now does 200 damage (100 less). You're taking ~33% less damage from using a -10% debuff.
The boss already has -90% Atk from previous debuffs, doing 100 damage to you. You use a -10% Atk debuff. The boss now does 0 damage (100 less). You're taking 100% less damage from using a -10% debuff.

As you can see, the more % reduction you've stacked, the better and better it keeps getting. Once you go past 50%, it's especially better.

This is also useful for other games. Like, MMO tanking stats. If you have a game where, at the start of the game, you can only reach a total of 30% parry+dodge in the best gears, everyone will probably laugh at the avoidance stats. But as the game gets more gear, once that 30% starts going past 50%, suddenly avoidance gear starts to be completely broken. And if you reach 90%+, you're going to be trying to squeeze out even a single avoidance stat more, since as you close towards 100%, it just gets absolutely broken. Most games don't allow for this, which is why "diminishing returns" exist.

sanahtlig
08-17-2017, 07:07 AM
IThe boss already has -50% Atk from previous debuffs, doing 500 damage to you. You use a -10% Atk debuff. The boss now does 400 damage (100 less). You're taking 20% less damage from using a -10% debuff.
It's useful to conceptualize this as effective HP or # of hits that can be absorbed. Then the results exactly mirror the impact of DEF down on damage dealt. 100 less damage doesn't sound like much, but starting from 500 damage per hit, it increases your durability from 2 hits to 2.5 hits (25% increase). Add in the impact of healing and your durability could increase even further.

sanahtlig
08-19-2017, 10:02 AM
+100% eidolons

Starting around November 2017, +100% elemental attack eidolons will be released for each element over the course of ~9 months. While these are the strongest single upgrade you can seek for your team (~28% damage increase), the odds of rolling one for your primary element are low: ~1.2% per 10-roll under optimal conditions. In other words, your chances of landing the one you need are vanishingly small unless you’re doing dozens of rolls. Saving jewels for a few months for a shot at one could be beneficial, especially if the SSR kamihime it’s introduced with is strong, but don’t get your hopes up. These eidolons are essentially bait to give the high-rollers something to spend on.

Unregistered
08-19-2017, 10:58 AM
+100% eidolons

Starting around November 2017, +100% elemental attack eidolons will be released for each element over the course of ~9 months. While these are the strongest single upgrade you can seek for your team (~28% damage increase), the odds of rolling one for your primary element are low: ~1.2% per 10-roll under optimal conditions. In other words, your chances of landing the one you need are vanishingly small unless you’re doing dozens of rolls. Saving jewels for a few months for a shot at one could be beneficial, especially if the SSR kamihime it’s introduced with is strong, but don’t get your hopes up. These eidolons are essentially bait to give the high-rollers something to spend on.

Well.. I know, it's the type of game this is and all.. but with how hard it is to even pull anything right now as a F2P player the chances of getting one is basically zero. It's obviously targeted at whales as you say, and the fact that luck can for the most part be negated by cash is a major turn off for me. I grind my ass off as a F2P player to get just enough to 3k jewel pull, that or save up for multiple pulls.. and end up with nothing and an insane amount of time wasted on this type of game. I can only imagine it getting more and more P2W from here, and it's already bad as it is. They may be the lifeblood of the game, but this just makes it even harder for F2P players to compete..

So now I ask myself, should I quit or should I waste 10x the amount of time a whale pays to get one (or multiple)? I honestly don't know, on the fence with this personal question.

Slashley
08-19-2017, 12:20 PM
--
So now I ask myself, should I quit or should I waste 10x the amount of time a whale pays to get one (or multiple)? I honestly don't know, on the fence with this personal question.You can't "win" in P2W games without spending thousands of dollars.

So the only questions that really are, are "do you want to pay thousands of dollars?" and "can I enjoy the game without "winning"?"

If the answer to both questions is no, quit.

Unregistered
08-19-2017, 12:44 PM
You can't "win" in P2W games without spending thousands of dollars.

So the only questions that really are, are "do you want to pay thousands of dollars?" and "can I enjoy the game without "winning"?"

If the answer to both questions is no, quit.

Except that's the very definition of whale, money isn't an obstacle. Shitty definition from urban dictionary.

Whale
A person who spend incredible amount of money in gacha type games which makes him/her ultra powerful and godlike.
Commonly used in many reddit mobile game /r.
"HOLY SHIT, I just got recked by that event boss, how can I pull out this?"
"I see, try to add this whale to your buddy, his UR unit with god tier gear can one shot anything in the game!"

"Did you see the new announcement? We have a nice offer coming next week and the girls are so cute! I'm gonna whale like a boss!"

I can only see it getting harder as a F2P player in the future, so guess I'm leaning towards quitting.

sanahtlig
08-19-2017, 02:01 PM
So now I ask myself, should I quit or should I waste 10x the amount of time a whale pays to get one (or multiple)? I honestly don't know, on the fence with this personal question.
Depends what your goal is. Do you want to be better than everyone else? Do you want to be able to complete all available content? Do you have a certain milestone you're aiming for, like completing Ultimates or Advent Ragnaroks? How much are you willing to pay? What's your tolerance for grind? Are you an obsessive collector that absolutely needs every character?

Unregistered
08-19-2017, 02:54 PM
Do you want to be better than everyone else?
Nah.

Do you want to be able to complete all available content?
Yes. The way I see the future of this game is events becoming much harder to complete unless you're the embodiment of luck itself, that or you pay for infinite tries. Would I still be playing in the far future to see it actually happen? Not sure.

Do you have a certain milestone you're aiming for, like completing Ultimates or Advent Ragnaroks?
Sort of, but not exactly. Above is my main concern.

How much are you willing to pay?
None, not because I don't want to keep the game running.. but I can't really afford to spend any. So I'm strictly F2P, which adds onto my main concern.

What's your tolerance for grind?
I'm completely fine with grind as long as I know I'll get something in return, and it seems reasonable. An example of grind I won't even bother is the 4 million copy of Dullahan lol. I reached 1.6 million PP, but 4 million? that's too much and worth less than the time it requires. I only draw from Jewel gacha when the drop-rate is up for what I need.

Are you an obsessive collector that absolutely needs every character?
Nah, I only 3-star most event Eidolons and unless I really need a weapon.. don't even LB it at all. Right now my teams are shit since I'm sort of new and never rerolled. I feel it's too late now that I'm R60 almost and just don't feel like doing everything again.

I'm just concerned that as a F2P player that didn't reroll and has subpar setups (and luck) that eventually events will become too hard to complete in a timely manner. I don't want to be doing 1150+ Standard runs when I could be doing 150+ Ultimate runs. Since they introduced 100% (120% if maxed) Eidolons, then who's to say they won't release 200 or even 300%.. or come up with an entirely new rarity that is even harder to get than SSR lol. The best Eidolons / Himes / Weapons may become a requirement just to complete events. These are all what-ifs I know, but the game is already time-consuming enough as it is.

I've learned almost everything I need to know about the game, it's just RNGesus is my bane.. that and the habit of typing walls of text.

omelletetherice
08-19-2017, 03:52 PM
Depends what your goal is. Do you want to be better than everyone else? Do you want to be able to complete all available content? Do you have a certain milestone you're aiming for, like completing Ultimates or Advent Ragnaroks? How much are you willing to pay? What's your tolerance for grind? Are you an obsessive collector that absolutely needs every character?

YES!! give me all the himes n eidolons. too bad rngesus is practically my nemesis. lol

on a serious note thou, about that stackin debuff. does that mean if i use snipeshot + amatersu solar eclipse debuff. it would be 40% instead of just 20%? or does it only work when combinin the a, b, n c-slot debuffs? (kinda confused)

sanahtlig
08-19-2017, 04:00 PM
Nah.

Yes. The way I see the future of this game is events becoming much harder to complete unless you're the embodiment of luck itself, that or you pay for infinite tries. Would I still be playing in the far future to see it actually happen? Not sure.

Sort of, but not exactly. Above is my main concern.

None, not because I don't want to keep the game running.. but I can't really afford to spend any. So I'm strictly F2P, which adds onto my main concern.

I'm completely fine with grind as long as I know I'll get something in return, and it seems reasonable. An example of grind I won't even bother is the 4 million copy of Dullahan lol. I reached 1.6 million PP, but 4 million? that's too much and worth less than the time it requires. I only draw from Jewel gacha when the drop-rate is up for what I need.

Nah, I only 3-star most event Eidolons and unless I really need a weapon.. don't even LB it at all. Right now my teams are shit since I'm sort of new and never rerolled. I feel it's too late now that I'm R60 almost and just don't feel like doing everything again.

I'm just concerned that as a F2P player that didn't reroll and has subpar setups (and luck) that eventually events will become too hard to complete in a timely manner. I don't want to be doing 1150+ Standard runs when I could be doing 150+ Ultimate runs. Since they introduced 100% (120% if maxed) Eidolons, then who's to say they won't release 200 or even 300%.. or come up with an entirely new rarity that is even harder to get than SSR lol. The best Eidolons / Himes / Weapons may become a requirement just to complete events. These are all what-ifs I know, but the game is already time-consuming enough as it is.

I've learned almost everything I need to know about the game, it's just RNGesus is my bane.. that and the habit of typing walls of text.
I don't have a magic ball, nor have I played the DMM version, but here's my take on the rising difficulty curve that is sometimes brought up:
The game is balanced around the assumption that the player has ample time or money. If you stay active over the course of many months (grabbing at least the low-hanging fruit rewards from all events, and building up at least one team) and you understand mechanics, you will always be able to complete Advent Ultimates. Your success in Advent Ragnaroks will depend on what the Gatcha gives you. Finally, you likely won't be able to complete the final stage of the accessory quests, which is designed to challenge even the hardcore whales. That'll make accessory farming a little less efficient, but that won't impact your ability to clear other content. You'll never be a top-tier player, but that doesn't seem to be your goal.

sanahtlig
08-19-2017, 04:02 PM
on a serious note thou, about that stackin debuff. does that mean if i use snipeshot + amatersu solar eclipse debuff. it would be 40% instead of just 20%? or does it only work when combinin the a, b, n c-slot debuffs? (kinda confused)
Have you read the buff/debuffs section of my Google Doc guide?

Unregistered
08-19-2017, 05:24 PM
I don't have a magic ball, nor have I played the DMM version, but here's my take on the rising difficulty curve that is sometimes brought up:
The game is balanced around the assumption that the player has ample time or money. If you stay active over the course of many months (grabbing at least the low-hanging fruit rewards from all events, and building up at least one team) and you understand mechanics, you will always be able to complete Advent Ultimates. Your success in Advent Ragnaroks will depend on what the Gatcha gives you. Finally, you likely won't be able to complete the final stage of the accessory quests, which is designed to challenge even the hardcore whales. That'll make accessory farming a little less efficient, but that won't impact your ability to clear other content. You'll never be a top-tier player, but that doesn't seem to be your goal.

Thanks, you convinced me to keep playing. I'll have to make an altar for RNGesus soon, though he was kind to me this time around.. dropped 2 copies of Dullahan from blue tickets allowing me to MLB.

omelletetherice
08-20-2017, 06:44 AM
Have you read the buff/debuffs section of my Google Doc guide?

nope, since i kinda learned through playin. thought that when ppl said stackin there was someway to increase the debuff through using same power debuff. but if all they mean is a, b, c, n eidolon/burst debuffs, than i guess thats that.

sanahtlig
08-26-2017, 10:53 AM
How to get strong quickly

A stronger team is more efficient
Clearing higher difficulty content gives much better rewards, especially in solo content, therefore your goal should be to get stronger as quickly as possible to clear Expert and Ultimate difficulties in Advent events.

Focus on one element for weapon grid upgrades
You have limited resources. Switching betweeen different-element teams to make use of elemental advantage can be effective early on, but you can use the same weapon grid for each team. Focusing your resources on one element will make late-game easier. See Advantages of a primary, dominant-element team for more on this.

R weapons and SR eidolons aren’t worth investing in
You’ll be getting rid of these quickly. Invest in off-element SR weapons or SSR eidolons instead. Don’t limit-break R weapons; save them for skill XP fodder.

LB0 Gatcha SSR eidolons are worse than event SSRs
They’re nice filler until you have a full grid of SSR eidolons, but don’t plan your team around them since their stats are severely capped. The sole exception is the +100% elemental attack eidolons. Plan your team around those and count on using them forever.

Farm events for a full grid of SSR eidolons
SSR eidolons from events will account for most of your team’s early growth. Element doesn’t matter much. Max level DOES. Farm as many copies as you can, up to 5. In general, prioritize SSR eidolons over SSR weapons, except when the SSR weapon matches your primary element AND isn’t Defender. Those will be situational cases that will depend on how useful the eidolon (mainly the passive buff) is.

Farm your team element’s Disaster to build your arsenal of Assault weapons
You can start 3 battles a day for each difficulty level, for a total of 6. Each battle can drop two platinum chests: one for spawning the boss, and one for MVP. SR weapons can drop from the platinum chests, and one of the three has Assault skill. There’s no difference in drop rate between difficulties, so prioritize Normal difficulty. Consider creating 2 alts to make use of BP, though the drop rate is much lower without the spawn chest. Make sure you get the MVP. During Advent events, focus your AP on event battles instead.

Level your weapons and eidolons equally
Weapons and eidolons gain stats linearly with level, but each subsequent level takes increasingly more XP. You shouldn’t be sacrificing weapons and eidolons for limit breaks until you have a full grid.

Focus your limit breaks on one copy
Your end goal is to have 10 max limit break weapons. Don’t do anything that will slow progress towards that.

Level weapon skills with an eye on endgame
Assault skill will take precedence over others. Level assault skill equally among weapons, but don’t level copies that will later be sacrificed for limit breaks. Raise SSR assault weapons to ½ the skill level of SRs. Don’t bother raising R weapons other than as skll XP fodder.

sanahtlig
08-26-2017, 01:06 PM
Challenging Advent Ragnaroks

Advent Ragnaroks are balanced around a maxed neutral-element team.
Your attack power as listed on the main screen should be around 40k, and your +ATK from weapon skills should be at +100% / avg SLVL 15. Less than that and your damage output and HP will likely be lacking--unless you have elemental advantage.

Debuffs and utility skills are critical.
You’ll need a source of overdrive gauge extension (e.g., Mordred’s Black Propaganda) and encounter-specific utility skills such as cleanse (Maiden’s Prayer) and dispel (Chaos Magic). In general, you’ll also need strong debuffs: aim for -30% or more ATK and DEF down. Blind and combo attack down are also handy.

Healing is useful.
You’ll likely need at least one healer--unless your damage output is especially high.

SSR kamihime will increase your damage potential
Many fights are a race against the Rage bar. If you can’t deplete it in time, you’ll take massive damage that will likely overwhelm even highly defensive teams. SSR kamihime have big bonuses to Burst damage and damage skills that will help you deplete the Rage bar, ideally before the 3rd overdrive.

sanahtlig
08-26-2017, 05:18 PM
In response to demand, I created an in-depth Rerolling Guide "Rerolling: How to get FREE SSR kamihime (https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K_dU3rCief_ajPGS9YBuVdxXBYFyCGGXAxYYyK0jzg/edit#heading=h.bkfnmrchpxxo)". What follows is an outline.

Rerolling: How to get FREE SSR kamihime
What is rerolling?
Why reroll?
Who should reroll?
How long will rerolling take me?
Using rerolling to build a near-optimal team
How to reroll
Instructions

sanahtlig
09-03-2017, 06:12 PM
Jewel usage
Save jewels to roll when useful SSRs or SRs are released for your primary element
This leverages the appearance bonus for maximum benefit.

Use your jewels only for 10-rolls
10-rolls give one guaranteed SR.

sanahtlig
09-04-2017, 07:50 AM
Miracle tickets
Miracle tickets can be used to choose any kamihime that was in the Premium Gatcha pool prior to the start of the promotion, except for limited-time kamihime like Fire Sol. The first ticket in DMM included kamihime released by 12/9/16, and the second ticket by 2/29/17. Consult this table of SSR kamihime (http://xn--hckqz0e9cygq471ahu9b.xn--wiki-4i9hs14f.com/index.php?SSR%E7%A5%9E%E5%A7%AB) for a list of limited kamihime (現在入手不可), and this table of kamihime by release date (http://xn--hckqz0e9cygq471ahu9b.xn--wiki-4i9hs14f.com/index.php?%E3%82%AC%E3%83%81%E3%83%A3) to determine eligible kamihime (include starter kamihime like Sol that aren't listed with a release date).

It's not clear if the choice of kamihime is fixed (to what was available in DMM) or variable based on the exact timing of introduction in the Nutaku version.

sanahtlig
09-17-2017, 10:30 AM
Big update today.

Which element should I choose for my primary team?
By sanahtlig

Short answer
The element which you can form the best team around. That’s going to be specific to the kamihime available to you, particularly from Gatcha. Generally, teams with more SSR kamihime will be stronger. If you have a +100% elemental damage eidolon, go with that element.

Long answer
See Building a well-balanced team. In particular, access to ALL of the following debuffs is critical: type A ATK, type A DEF, and type B ATK/DEF. Type C debuffs are particularly desirable because they stack with the more common type A and type B. Preferably, you want to rely on your Soul for at most ONE of the type A or type B debuffs. That means you should be able to get at least two debuffs from kamihime. This is because you’ll often need to rely on your Soul to provide encounter-specific utility skills such as overdrive extension (Black Propaganda) and dispel (Chaos Magic).

Elemental Team-building Guide

While one could approach this from many angles, I’ll focus on access to debuffs as a primary bottleneck and therefore a starting point for planning.

In general, Light and Thunder are considered weaker elements. All else equal, you should stay away from these elements because they require specific combinations of kamihime to work well. They CAN work, but the odds are stacked against you.

Light

Light is heavy on healing and damage reduction, and weaker on damage, with limited access to defense down and damage skills.

Light has no access to type B debuffs. Therefore, you’ll be running Sniper Shot or Mordred for most content. Amaterasu, if available, nicely compensates for this weakness with her type B debuff.

A good Light team will start with Sol, who provides healing, dispel, and an exceedingly useful type C ATK debuff. Tsukuyomi (Light) provides an elemental defense down debuff, which is essential for Light to reach the defense debuff cap.

Light has been neglected in events, resulting in reduced access to strong weapons and eidolons. Additionally, getting sufficient defense down is difficult without Tsukuyomi. Thus Light is not recommended for most players.

Thunder

Thunder is heavy on damage skills and buffs, with poor access to healing and debuffs. However, some of the later-introduced SSRs bring valuable type C debuffs.

Thunder has no access to type B debuffs. Therefore, you’ll be running Sniper Shot or Mordred for most content. Amaterasu, if available, nicely complements a Thunder team with her type B debuff and defense/healing skills.

A good Thunder team will hinge around access to necessary debuffs, especially defense down. Mamon is essential for her type C DEF down debuff. Tyr or Noel can provide type A DEF down. Raiko and Marduke can provide type A and type C ATK down, respectively. An optimal Thunder team will thus contain most or all of these kamihime, with little room for deviation.

Overall, Thunder has poor access to debuffs and healing, and no access to type B debuffs at all. Thus Thunder is not recommended for most players. Amaterasu and Sol can both cover for Thunder’s weaknesses, at the cost of Thunder’s strength: overwhelming damage.

sanahtlig
09-17-2017, 04:31 PM
Wind
Wind is a flexible element, with many skills that increase attack frequency and the Burst gauge, allowing for more frequent Bursts. However, Wind has few options for healing until much later. Wind is particularly friendly to free players, as you get immediate access to a strong type B debuff from Cybele, and the easily-obtainable Zephyr (R) adds weak heals and an amazing type C ATK debuff. This makes Wind more flexible than other elements, allowing room to change Souls and EX abilities to fit the encounter.

Wind starts somewhat weak but strengthens with later content updates. Gaia’s Awakening is the turning point for Wind, and makes her the single must-have character for Wind. She’s the first character to get an Awakening, and she becomes the Paladin of KamiPro, uniquely able to nullify attacks on other characters, mitigate AoE overdrives, AND heal the team. Cybele’s SSR variant transforms her into a peerless attacker GUARANTEED to combo with every normal attack, giving her ridiculous Burst generation and damage output, especially when buffed (e.g., by Morrigan and/or Titania).

Wind’s type A debuff options are somewhat limited, and Wind teams cannot reach the defense debuff cap through normal means. Put another way, Wind will benefit from any DEF debuff that stacks with type A and type B. That means that bringing in an off-element kamihime like Cthulhu with a type C DEF debuff will actually INCREASE damage (assuming it lands!). This adds flexibility even for highly-optimized teams, especially since Cthulhu also brings a type A ATK debuff. Failing that, Oberon (SR) packs both type A ATK and DEF debuffs in one character, and is a solid option until Haster becomes available. Oberon is also the only option for a type A ATK debuff, other than from one’s Soul, which may make her worth bringing along regardless.

Blueguy
09-18-2017, 07:12 PM
This was mentioned in the 2nd post, and don't think it was clarified.

Q: I heard there is a SP quest that gave you tons of SR and R weap/eido fodder, when is that?

I think this is referring to the Sunday SP Quests Dance of Spirits and Beasts and Banquet of the Angels. They both pop up for 1 hour blocks together three times through the day. I'm not certain on the time, but I think the last time I caught it at 9PM Central. Dance of the Spirits and Beasts drops weapon upgrades and Banquet of the Angels drops Eidolon upgrades.

sanahtlig
09-18-2017, 07:29 PM
Do people still run that? You can get plenty of enhance XP fodder from Advent and Union events. In any case, if I'm going to revise it I'll need the times in the Nutaku version. I only ran them for the first-time clear.

Slashley
09-19-2017, 12:41 AM
I've run the weapon one as much as I can, which isn't much since only one of the hours is during my waking hours. Eidolon fodder is enough from events, but I don't even get my SSRs to level 125 from the events, much less SRs to 85.

The first one is the earlier default Burst hour. Uh, does that help? Hum, 12 hours from dailies reset.
I don't know the other two, but they're after that one, I'm fairly sure.

omelletetherice
09-19-2017, 11:52 AM
not sure if this will be helpful but i know one of the times the banquet things start is midnight central time on sunday of course.

on another note
oh~~ started that elements guide, thats what im talkin bout. thou i think u should let ppl know most of thunder hime buffs are self buffs. (one of their fallin points if ya ask me). yea, buildin a thunder team is pretty rough. got thor and tyr, and my thunder team still feel like one of my weakest teams lol. keep up the good work sana. ^-^b

sanahtlig
09-19-2017, 02:42 PM
on another note
oh~~ started that elements guide, thats what im talkin bout. thou i think u should let ppl know most of thunder hime buffs are self buffs. (one of their fallin points if ya ask me). yea, buildin a thunder team is pretty rough. got thor and tyr, and my thunder team still feel like one of my weakest teams lol. keep up the good work sana. ^-^b
Yes, I noticed that about many of the Wind SSRs too. I added the point about Thunder self-buffs to the guide. I think Thunder is fine if you can get ATK to -35% or less and DEF to -50%, but that requires a very specific composition. Most players will be better off with a primary element that doesn't require multiple, specific SSRs just to function.

Slashley
09-19-2017, 03:11 PM
One thing I'd like to mention is that there's two elements that'll really struggle with Elemental attack Eidolons for a long time: Fire and Thunder.

In about one month, we'll get the +45% Darkness Elemental attack Eidolon. That means that Apo will be gone from everyone on your friendlist, most likely. The Fire Elemental attack Eidolon? That's like EIGHT MONTHS away. Fire users will basically be limited to their own Apo for seven whole months.

In about two months, we'll get the +45% Light Eidolon. That'll remove Phoenix from like everyone. Thunder Elemental Eidolon is about seven months away. So there's going to be five months of utter suffering for Thunder users.

Meanwhile, Water is coming up right after Light, so fairly soon. Wind can keep using their Garuda until they get their 45% in about four months from now.

And on a side note, all of these are Raid Eidolons. I guess that's the real reason why the Eidolon store was made - new players simply needed some source of Elemental attack. It's... not a very realistic way of getting it, but it's there. Meanwhile, our new players are in a terrible spot right now, as Phoe/Apo/Garuda are gone.

sanahtlig
09-19-2017, 05:52 PM
In about one month, we'll get the +45% Darkness Elemental attack Eidolon. That means that Apo will be gone from everyone on your friendlist, most likely. The Fire Elemental attack Eidolon? That's like EIGHT MONTHS away. Fire users will basically be limited to their own Apo for seven whole months.
I don't forsee such a cataclysm. Most Fire and Thunder users will still keep Apocalypse and Phoenix in their lineup. However, it will mean that Fire users will have to purge between 50-85% of their friends without Fafnir, and finding an Apocalypse during a Light event will be especially tough. It's an irritation, but users will adapt fairly quickly. Once upon a time, we only had a choice of one eidolon per friend. We made do back then, and you will too.

ohjel
09-26-2017, 05:09 PM
One thing I'm not seeing anywhere is what does the duration in "seconds" mean in skills? Isn't this turn based? Does a 180 second skill mean that if you use it and then go afk for 3 minutes then it will do nothing?

Eunicorn
09-26-2017, 05:20 PM
Once it's over 180 sec, it still remains, however it disappears once you used an ability. iirc

Slashley
09-26-2017, 07:18 PM
One thing I'm not seeing anywhere is what does the duration in "seconds" mean in skills? Isn't this turn based? Does a 180 second skill mean that if you use it and then go afk for 3 minutes then it will do nothing?Yup. If you use debuffs, you're on a timer to get shit done.

Buffs, on the other hand, don't care about timers. Assuming you're not under a raid time limit (generally one hour), you can even come back after a day. Or two. Or a week.
Once it's over 180 sec, it still remains, however it disappears once you used an ability. iircI think that's just a display bug. It goes away, but the game doesn't refresh until you do something. It's still gone and won't be counted for even when you do something while it is visible on your screen.

Paralyze is a pretty good way to notice this in action.

ohjel
09-26-2017, 08:11 PM
Ok, thanks for the explanation. I see now that planning out your turns ahead of time is important if you are using debuffs.

sanahtlig
09-26-2017, 08:38 PM
Ok, thanks for the explanation. I see now that planning out your turns ahead of time is important if you are using debuffs.
Yes, I've lost battles because I took too long and my debuffs fell off at a critical moment. Spamming eidolon skills is a great way to use up your debuff timers due to the enforced waiting period after each use.

Blueguy
09-26-2017, 10:42 PM
Yes, I've lost battles because I took too long and my debuffs fell off at a critical moment. Spamming eidolon skills is a great way to use up your debuff timers due to the enforced waiting period after each use.

Are you talking about the "Finishing previous turn" thing? Seems they fixed that recently.

Eunicorn
09-27-2017, 02:27 AM
Are you talking about the "Finishing previous turn" thing? Seems they fixed that recently.

Really? I should turn off the summon cutscenes if it is really fixed.
Nevermind, I tried it.

sanahtlig
09-30-2017, 12:28 PM
Elemental Team-building Guide: Water

Water is extremely versatile, with access to strong debuffs, healing, team-wide buffs, and a wide range of utility skills such as debuff cleansing and overdrive extension. Water is also blessed with an abundance of strong Gatcha SRs and SSRs, event SRs, making it the easiest element to cobble together a strong team for from random Gatcha pulls. While perhaps not the strongest element with a full hand-picked team, the wide selection of useful kamihime makes it fairly easy to build a balanced team without relying on Miracle tickets, rerolling, or excessive whaling. Water’s versatility and free healer (Nike) makes it an especially good choice for free players.

Water has unparallelled access to ATK and DEF debuffs, and this is perhaps its greatest strength. Water can cover class A & class B ATK & DEF debuffs with SR kamihime alone, with event SR Gabriel providing an easily-accessible class A ATK debuff. Water also has multiple options for strong debuffs from SSRs (e.g., Dragon King, Cthulhu, SSR Nike, Snow Raphael). Water is especially strong prior to the debuff cap, as it’s the first element to get a strong type C DEF down debuff (Cthulhu), and gets early access to the event SSR eidolon Jormugand (eidolon-class ATK down) as friend eidolon. Jormugand uniquely allows water teams to stack high amounts of ATK down at the start of the encounter with minimal sacrifice in damage.

Due to its flexibility in debuffs, Water has several options for building an optimal team. Water has at least two core builds: one with Cthulhu and SSR Nike, and an alternative with Dragon King (How to reroll for SSR kamihime). Cthulhu gives early access to the highly-coveted class C DEF debuff (-20%) as well as a class A ATK debuff (-15%) and overdrive reduction. Combined with Nike’s class A DEF debuff (-15%), Sniper Shot (-20%), and Jormugand as friend eidolon (-10%), they can reach -45% ATK and -50% DEF (after the debuff cap). Dragon King provides an alternate path, complementing kamihime combinations that lack the two type A debuffs and bringing along the always-useful utility skill overdrive extension. Snow Raphael adds a type B ATK/DEF debuff (-15%) and valuable damage mitigation (-30%) to both builds.

Free players who are loathe to reroll should look out for the excellent Gatcha SRs Triton and Belphegor. Triton provides the immensely useful combo attack down, which greatly mitigates double and triple attack chances, as well as a class A ATK debuff (-15%). Belphegor provides excellent Rage meter control and a class B ATK/DEB debuff (-12%).

sanahtlig
10-01-2017, 10:42 AM
Relic weapons (see source document for plentiful links to references)

Relic weapons were added to the DMM version in May 2017. These are purchased from the shop with elemental relic fragments from Ragnarok Disasters (which appear to have been introduced one element at a time from January-August 2017). These weapons can only be equipped by the corresponding Soul, and variants are available for each element.

Each Soul has a choice of two weapons, which grant the following when equipped as primary:
Base weapon skill granting a 11-30% elemental attack or HP bonus to same-element characters based on skill level (one weapon of each type per Soul)
Unique weapon skill granting a static bonus to one active ability
Soul-specific Burst effect shared by both weapons

These weapons are best-in-class when equipped by the corresponding Soul, but are essentially useless as secondaries since the base weapon skill is only active when equipped as primary. Some of these weapons are game-changing, such as D’art’s Charles Blast, which buffs Sniper Shot to -30% ATK/DEF, creating new build possibilities for elements lacking debuffs (like Thunder).

sanahtlig
10-01-2017, 11:26 AM
I updated my Thunder elemental guide with a new build relying on D'art's Relic weapon Charles Blast. This improves Thunder's build flexibility, but also depends on Sol for healing.

sanahtlig
10-06-2017, 12:37 PM
How to be a good friend

The friend eidolon system was changed with the Quetzacoatl event update. Now each friend can provide up to 6 eidolons (1 per element, chosen from the primary eidolons equipped to your 6 teams), potentially increasing the options available to players. However, eidolons in a lower-letter party (e.g., A) will mask eidolons of the same element in subsequent parties (e.g., F), even if the preferred eidolon is in your active party. Also, useless eidolons like Diabolos will just clutter the list.

Follow these guidelines and you should find your gem income from friends increasing, and also have fewer friends in high places dropping you for spamming their friends list with useless eidolons.

Put your primary eidolons in your in-game message, like so: [image]

Make sure you have a useful primary eidolon in every team, even if you don't use that team. Aim to cover all 6 elements with your primary eidolons so your friend slot in each element isn't wasted.
If you have an eidolon you want to share (especially a Gatcha eidolon), put it in a lower letter party (e.g., party A instead of B) to keep it from getting masked by other same-element primary eidolons.
If you equip a less useful eidolon, put it in a party with a higher letter (e.g., F or E).

sanahtlig
10-20-2017, 07:15 AM
Note: this post is missing hyperlinks that are present in the original document.

I’ve missed events. Is it possible to get the kamihime, weapons, and eidolons I’ve missed?
Advent and Union events occasionally repeat. Raid events do not, but the missed items can be obtained through other means.

Event kamihime (Raids)
Special Tickets that award a random event SR kamihime were made available in Advent Shops starting in June 2017 in the DMM version (estimated June 2018 in the Nutaku version).

Event weapons (Raids)
At present, there doesn’t appear to be a way to complete limit breaks of raid event weapons except by using the SSR limit-break item sold in the Draconic Eye shop for the prohibitive price of 20 Draconic Eyes (this needs verification).

Event eidolons (Raids)
Starting in August 2017 in the DMM version, event eidolons were made available in the eidolon orb shop. These orbs can be obtained from selling eidolons: higher rarity and Gatcha eidolons fetch more orbs, and the reward scales 1:1 with number of limit breaks. Kaiser Dragons are also available in the eidolon orb shop (only 1 copy available), and they’ve been buffed so that their stats and active ability make them stronger than event eidolons as secondaries, even at LB0.

sanahtlig
10-21-2017, 01:04 PM
Fire

Fire is built for damage, with a focus on buffs and high-damage abilities with short recast times. Fire’s main weakness is a lack of class A debuffs in its SSR kamihime, which needs to be covered with SRs or Soul abilities. Since most players will prioritize DEF down to magnify damage, Fire teams will tend to be glass cannons. Fire has very high growth potential, as it gets multiple Awakenings that further enhance its best attackers and eventually can reach the DEF down cap with Mars.

Amaterasu is the essential core kamihime for Fire, as she provides healing and mitigation that other Fire SSRs lack, and also a valuable type B ATK/DEF debuff (-20%). Aspiring Fire users should reroll for Amaterasu (https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K_dU3rCief_ajPGS9YBuVdxXBYFyCGGXAxYYyK0jzg/edit#heading=h.bkfnmrchpxxo) or pick her up from the first Miracle Ticket. Mars allows Fire to reach the DEF down cap with her Fire-element defense down skill (-15%), and is available with the third Miracle Ticket. Svarog, available with the first Miracle Ticket, provides peerless ability damage and a team-wide ATK bonus that accumulates with each use. Svarog is particularly strong in Accessory Quests, where she can store ability damage bonuses on trash and unleash them on the bosses for massive damage. Uriel, available with the second Miracle Ticket, functions similarly to Svarog but gets bonuses to attack frequency, Burst generation, and Burst damage instead of ability damage. Ares provides a 3rd option for damage, and gains large sustained damage bonuses in exchange for a 5% DoT per turn. Ares, Svarog, and Ariel all get Awakenings that rank them among the best attackers in the game.

An optimal Fire team will include Amaterasu, Mars, and 1-2 of the attackers listed above. Dragon King (Water) can greatly boost Fire’s flexibility by adding class A ATK and DEF debuffs and overdrive extension, completely freeing up the Soul. This can be useful for fights where certain utility skills are necessary.

Fire is somewhat friendly to new players, who get access to a fairly strong collection of SRs and Rs, including the healer Brynhildr. However, Amaterasu is extremely important for a Fire team to reach its full potential. Thus, free players should either reroll for Amaterasu or consider picking her up with a Miracle Ticket.

sanahtlig
10-22-2017, 12:53 PM
Dark

Dark is focused on damage and has access to a wide variety of debuffs. However, Dark has limited access to healing and class B ATK/DEF debuffs, which restricts versatility and results in Dark having multiple, diverging build paths. While many players have aimed for glass cannon builds, more balanced builds are also possible.

Dark’s core kamihime is Hades, who provides a class A ATK debuff, Blind, and affliction protection, and once awakened provides a valuable combo attack down debuff and a team-wide DEF buff. Builds without Hades are possible, but not recommended due to the valuable utility skills she brings. From there, Dark has several possible builds depending on how damage, damage reduction, and healing will be prioritized. Thus planning an optimal Dark team is less straightforward than other elements.

Decision point 1 for Dark users is the source of class A DEF debuff: SSR Amon or Satan. SSR Amon provides superior Rage control, while Satan provides overdrive control and can Burst more often, and is thus better suited to Burst-focused builds.

Decision point 2 is healing source: Osiris, Andromeda, Amaterasu, or Sol. Osiris is a relatively weak healer that lacks utility skills, but her heal increases the party’s Burst gauge, making her the healer of choice for glass cannon builds. Andromeda can easily solo heal, but relying on her will sacrifice versatility, and may force the player to choose between Black Propaganda and Sniper Shot. Amaterasu provides equivalent healing to Osiris and brings a strong class B ATK/DEF debuff, while Sol provides unparalleled healing and excellent utility skills, including cleanse, dispel, and a valuable class C ATK debuff. However, both Amaterasu and Sol will reduce damage output.

Osiris pairs well with Pluto, who provides damage resistance (-30%) and has skills that boost Burst generation and damage. Andromeda pairs well with Lu Bu (SR), who can cover the class B debuff. Sol pairs well with Thanatos (class C DEF -20%) and Mordred (class B ATK/DEF -10%).

Dark Amaterasu fills the gaps in Dark’s roster with healing, a strong class B debuff, and overdrive extension. She’s the best kamihime available to Dark teams, but she’s limited and therefore most players will not have access to her.

Recommendations for Hades and Satan are based on their Awakened forms. Prior to their awakenings they are significantly weaker.

New players should generally avoid Dark, as the builds are complicated and rely on access to specific combinations of kamihime to function. In addition, Dark is missing a story SR kamihime, which makes getting started more difficult. Those interested in Dark should reroll for Sol (https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K_dU3rCief_ajPGS9YBuVdxXBYFyCGGXAxYYyK0jzg/edit#heading=h.bkfnmrchpxxo), since she integrates well into multiple elements. Alternatively, Hades and SSR Amon or Satan are valid starting points, but it will take time/jewels/money to gather enough Dark kamihime to form a viable Dark-focused team.

omelletetherice
10-24-2017, 04:44 AM
Haven't been able to get on here for a while, but looks like u've been workin thou sana.

just read the water n fire guide and i wanna point a few things out. in the water guide u mean ssr nike rite? also, if u were talkin bout the raid event gabriel she gives a-def debuff not atk. also put "WATER BE OP YO!" at the top or/and bottom of water guide.

I wouldn't say this particularly needs to be in the fire guide, but i think the ssr beelzebub should be mentioned since she seems pretty good for glass cannoning it up n maybe a note about the def down thing. but yea everything seems solid. (aspiring main fire user here) i usually use d'art or joan(ssr fire lances) with ambush since bryn n amateresu combination gives plenty of survival n they carry hard lol. (at least haven't had much problems with my fire team even facing rags with one ssr)

sanahtlig
10-24-2017, 07:47 AM
Thanks for the corrections.

For every element, I prioritize the SSR kamihime I discuss based on release date, relative importance to the build, and Miracle ticket priority. I mention Mammon in the Thunder guide since she's so central to a good Thunder build, but did not mention Fire Beezlebub (released around the same time) because she comes after many other excellent Fire Attackers and Mars. Users should get Mars with their 3rd Miracle Ticket rather than Fire Beezlebub.

Slashley
10-24-2017, 08:35 AM
It may be far away, but I dread the day Fire Beelz will be released. The only time you encounter other players is during raids, and Fire Beelz users WILL steal your MvP in all non-Water raids. Every time. Without fail. Unless you open the raid at a point where it is no longer physically possible, so you will need to solo like 40% damage on every. Single. Raid. Forever. After Fire Beelz is released.

The amount of team-damage Fire Beelz grants you is just absolutely insane. Not sure if you can ever again get MvP on Ragnarok raids without her... that remains to be seen, as it depends on whether or not Fire Beelz users can stay alive in those.

At least Fire Beelz is next to useless in Advent content, so you probably shouldn't ever use a Miracle Ticket on her. Fire Mains who use Miracle Tickets might want to save up their Jewels for her, though.

sanahtlig
10-24-2017, 08:48 AM
It may be far away, but I dread the day Fire Beelz will be released. The only time you encounter other players is during raids, and Fire Beelz users WILL steal your MvP in all non-Water raids. Every time. Without fail. Unless you open the raid at a point where it is no longer physically possible, so you will need to solo like 40% damage on every. Single. Raid. Forever. After Fire Beelz is released.
In that case, I'd worry less about a specific kamihime and more about the +100% elemental attack eidolons. Because if you don't have one you won't be MVP'ing vs. the horde of rerollers who do. And those are coming much sooner than Fire Beezlebub.

Slashley
10-24-2017, 09:58 AM
At least I can get to use those myself as well. Probably not in every raid, but I can. And if I build an insane friendlist, I can use them myself in every raid too! In theory. I doubt whales would accept my puny event Eidolons.

But imagine to horror of Belial + Fire Beelz. At 0 Stars and only considering 1 Eidolon, that's 150% Elem attack and 50% damage boost from Berserk!

sanahtlig
10-24-2017, 10:11 AM
At least I can get to use those myself as well. Probably not in every raid, but I can. And if I build an insane friendlist, I can use them myself in every raid too! In theory. I doubt whales would accept my puny event Eidolons.
You're underestimating the effects of selective assortment (marriage assortment is a prime real-life example of this: the rich marry the rich). Those with +100% eidolons will preferentially friend those with +100% eidolons. Thus the case where he has 2x +100% eidolons and you have 0 is more likely than the case where you have 1x (from friend) and he has 1x (his own). In addition, since MVPs select for outliers, even if he doesn't have a second +100% eidolon to bring, someone else likely will, and that person will end up with the MVP (especially in Ragnaroks).

So from my perspective, the +100% eidolons will be far more disruptive to competitive balance, both in effect per encounter and encounter frequency.

sanahtlig
10-24-2017, 06:34 PM
Due to the interest in Relic weapons in the General chat topic, I added a section on relic weapon farming to the guide. Note that the guide entry contains many hyperlinks as sources that are omitted here.

Farming
Purchasing one weapon copy requires 30 elemental regalia (Relic weapon shop). Each Ragnarok Disaster drops 2 guaranteed regalia fragments, 1 for sub-MVP, and 3 for MVP (rewards). Regalia fragments can be traded in the shop at the following rates, which reset monthly (materials shop): 5 fragments per regalia for the first 20 regalia, 10 fragments for the next 20, 15 for the next 20. Thus one copy can be farmed per 1.5 months at the lowest price tier, or one per half-month at the highest price tier (2x the effort to farm at 3x the rate).

Spawning a Ragnarok Disaster also rewards one regalia, allowing weapons to be farmed more efficiently. Spawning requires 3 of the upper-tier idea cores (Fire Ragnarok Disaster), which can be farmed from Expert Disasters. Thus to farm a full limit-break weapon in the first month, you’ll need 180 upper-tier idea cores (90 per weapon copy).

sanahtlig
10-24-2017, 07:27 PM
Release schedule

The Ragnarok Disaster release schedule in the DMM version (Disaster battles)
Jan: Thunder
Feb: Wind
May: Fire
June: Water
July: Light
Sept: Dark

Regalia were made available in the materials shop as the Ragnaroks were added.

Relic weapon release schedule by character in the DMM version (update history)
May: Arthur, D’art, Andromeda, Mordred
June: Hercules, Jeanne d’ Arc
July: Solomon, Siegfried
August: Morrigan, Shingen

sanahtlig
10-28-2017, 11:51 AM
Added Miracle Ticket priorities for each of the 6 elements, including which Miracle Ticket each kamihime can be obtained from (assuming same as DMM release schedule).

sanahtlig
10-29-2017, 09:47 AM
I've finished the topics I deem highest priority. I'm now taking suggestions from users on what other topics they'd like to see covered. For unreleased content, I'm only likely to cover it if it impacts long-term planning (e.g., Miracle tickets). Character selection, Gatcha advice, and Miracle tickets will continue to be a high priority, as I'd like my guide to be a one-stop resource for that.

ohjel
11-02-2017, 03:43 AM
How does stacking regen work? Does it add the regen caps together, or overwrite with the strongest, or do something else?

Slashley
11-02-2017, 03:55 AM
Regen used to never be overwritten, but now I think it always gets rewritten?
You cannot stack it in any way as even Eidolons use the same frame.

AutoCrimson
11-02-2017, 04:13 AM
can say, that Aphrodite and Noden's regen dont stack, just used both and Aphro still was healed only for 400 per turn (aka her self-regen value)

so, strongest regen stays active

sanahtlig
11-02-2017, 05:57 AM
With debuffs, the first effect remains active but the timer gets extended, so long as the second effect is the same as or stronger than the first (if not, it just misses). Regen likely works the same way. That is, the system works unintuitively and to the disadvantage of the player.

sanahtlig
11-02-2017, 06:22 AM
So I just tested how Regens interact, and the result is completely unexpected.

Gaia: 400/turn, 3 turns
Joan: 250/turn, 3 turns

Used Gaia's on turn 1, then Joan's on turn 2.

Result
T1: 400
T2: 250
T3: 400
T4: 400

I then repeated with the reverse order of skill usage.
T1: 250
T2: 400
T3: 250
T4: 250

This data suggests that Regen does indeed work like debuffs, except Regen doesn't miss; it always extends the previous Regen. BUT the newest Regen effect applies on the current turn, and the current turn only.

I repeated with Yggrdasil's regen (before or after Gaia's) and observed that the regen lasted 2 turns instead of 3 when Yggdrasil was used second. We can thus conclude that the duration of the new effect replaces the duration of the old effect.

sanahtlig
11-02-2017, 06:57 AM
Guide section added. (source links in guide)

Buff and debuff stacking

Buffs and debuffs of different classes stack.
Debuffs of the same class refresh the duration of effects that are same strength or weaker (source). Weaker buffs and debuffs miss. The new debuff’s effect applies for the current turn only. Further testing is required to determine if same-class buffs operate similarly.
For regen only: Regen abilities appear to refresh the duration of the previous effect (source). The newer ability’s effect applies for the current turn only. Further testing is required to determine how duration is impacted when regen effects of different durations are overlapped.

ohjel
11-02-2017, 07:01 AM
Wow, thanks for looking into regen for me. It means the 500 hp self regen on my Azazel actually has some potential.

Her reflect is cool also since it it is effectively a separate frame damage cut. With 40% Gaea + 35% Roland + Azazel reflect skill Azazel takes 0 damage.

Also, since ability damage up is added per hit, her 5 hit wind attack skill synergizes well with it.

So she at least isn't a terrible SSR.

AznSamsung
11-09-2017, 09:11 AM
i think you should make a guide or a list of what material to use (cheapest) for each ssr weapon skill lvl

Slashley
11-09-2017, 09:21 AM
i think you should make a guide or a list of what material to use (cheapest) for each ssr weapon skill lvlDo you mean this? (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PhfOAQk6EyK5l33ux_C4T-cexVIQp6D-_Hbd-OO1OmQ/edit#gid=1386561061)

sanahtlig
11-09-2017, 09:53 AM
Do you mean this? (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PhfOAQk6EyK5l33ux_C4T-cexVIQp6D-_Hbd-OO1OmQ/edit#gid=1386561061)
To add to this, I tackled this problem with three different approaches in the linked sheet. The first is a tool that compares options to get to the next level for any given weapon. The second is a series of tables that lays out recommended upgrade paths for any given rarity. The third is an advanced tool that combines aspects of the previous two: it allows you to create your own complete upgrade path for a given weapon. Together these represent the most comprehensive toolset I've come across to get weapon enhancement advice, tweak the advice based on resources available to your account, and calculate total resource usage over the entire level range that includes the cost of rolling Gem Gatcha.

I suppose I should dedicate an additional section of my guide to listing the most important tools in my toolbox and explaining how to use them.

sanahtlig
11-14-2017, 07:24 AM
I added a brief comparison of Sol, Amaterasu, and Gaia as versatile picks for rerollers (typically new players). Second paragraph is new. I didn't go into details because that would result in an extended discussion, character-by-character and element-by-element, that doesn't suit the purpose of this section.

Rerolling strategy to build a near-optimal team (https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K_dU3rCief_ajPGS9YBuVdxXBYFyCGGXAxYYyK0jzg/edit#heading=h.hwqrjaafeyyq)

What’s so great about Sol, Amaterasu, and Gaia?
Sol and Amaterasu are healers with strong utility skills, while Gaia is the game’s unique Paladin. Sol can heal + cleanse debuffs, dispel enemy buffs, and apply a unique -20% ATK debuff that stacks with most other -ATK debuffs. The -ATK debuff can greatly reduce enemy damage: 33% or more in some situations. Once awakened, Sol becomes a god-tier healer, capable of healing for 1800HP every 6 turns, cleansing two debuffs in a single cast, AND magnifying all healing by 1.5x every 7 turns. Gaia, once awakened, is uniquely able to nullify attacks on other characters, mitigate AoE overdrives, AND heal the team. Amaterasu can regenerate health + buff DEF by 30%, Blind all enemies, and apply a -20% debuff to both ATK and DEF.

Of the three, Sol is probably the most versatile and most likely to be a permanent member in a handpicked team, especially once she gets her Awakening in June 2018 or so. Sol fits into optimal builds for 5.5/6 elements (Fire is debatable), Amaterasu for 4/6 (Fire, Thunder, Light, Dark), and Gaia when core debuffs are otherwise covered (-Fire, -Dark).

sanahtlig
11-16-2017, 09:27 AM
I updated my Water guide with further explanation of two possible optimal builds.

Combining Snow Raphael with Cthulhu and Black Propaganda drastically improves overdrive control, potentially allowing a typical Ragnarok Advent boss (meter length of 2) only one opportunity to use an overdrive in the first 12 turns (which can also be mitigated), or alternatively allowing the first two overdrives to be mitigated (-30%) and postponing the third until turn 16. This is possibly the most effective anti-overdrive build in the game, especially if the overdrive inflicts debilitating status effects and thus can’t be countered with damage mitigation alone. Sol also complements this build, allowing it to reach -50% ATK without relying on Jormugand. With two strong healers, -50% ATK and DEF, considerable protection from overdrives, and room for a defensive Soul like Joan, this is probably the best endurance build in the game, and is particularly well-suited to Accessory Quests.

Alternatively, Dragon King adds unparallelled flexibility to a Water team, needing only Cthulhu and Sniper Shot to cover all core debuffs. This leaves the other two slots open for arbitrary Water SSRs or kamihime with useful utility skills, and lets the player freely choose a Soul.

Miracle ticket priority (defensive build): Cthulhu, SSR Nike/Snow Raphael (2nd Miracle ticket), Sol
Miracle ticket priority (Dragon King build): Cthulhu, Dragon King, Water SSR, free slot

sanahtlig
11-16-2017, 10:04 AM
Fire guide updated with further explanation of how Fire's Soul choices are limited.

The lack of class A DEF down in Fire’s SSR roster greatly limits Fire’s Soul choices. Most users will need to run Ambush as EX skill. Since overdrive extension is also typically needed, Fire users will be running Mordred for most content. Users with Dragon King or Hephaestus (SR released with Mars in March 2017 on DMM) will have more flexibility.

My next task will be a comparison of optimal builds among the 6 elements, emphasizing each element's relative strengths and weaknesses using teams built with 3 Miracle tickets.

sanahtlig
11-23-2017, 09:59 AM
Updated the Fire team guide (https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K_dU3rCief_ajPGS9YBuVdxXBYFyCGGXAxYYyK0jzg/edit#heading=h.zaleufgn8pro) with recommendations for the timing of Gatcha rolls.

Fire is blessed with extremely useful Gatcha characters that appear in neat batches. All Fire players should save jewels/money to roll on the dates listed below, if only to pick up the useful SRs that provide important class A debuffs.

Miracle ticket priority: Amaterasu, Mars (3rd Miracle ticket), Svarog/Uriel (2nd)/Ares
Gatcha priority: Uriel, Raguel (SR), and Belial (+100% elemental attack eidolon) in ~December 2017; Mars and Hephaestus (SR) in ~March 2018

sanahtlig
11-28-2017, 04:41 PM
Updated the Water team guide (https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K_dU3rCief_ajPGS9YBuVdxXBYFyCGGXAxYYyK0jzg/edit#heading=h.2cpc09azww6x) with info on Atalanta, an event SR with a class C DEF debuff. She's a viable alternative for players without access to Cthulhu.

sanahtlig
11-29-2017, 07:22 AM
Updated the Thunder guide (https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K_dU3rCief_ajPGS9YBuVdxXBYFyCGGXAxYYyK0jzg/edit#heading=h.rixe84gs0hcx) with the strategic option of Hercules's Relic weapon.

Hercules’s Relic weapon can substitute for Mammon/Tyr/Noel, as the Burst effect applies DEF down (-25%). The tradeoff will likely be Black Propaganda (overdrive extension), as Sniper Shot is still needed. In addition, damage before the first Burst will likely be crippled, which isn’t always a handicap.

sanahtlig
12-06-2017, 09:26 AM
Updated the Thunder element guide (https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K_dU3rCief_ajPGS9YBuVdxXBYFyCGGXAxYYyK0jzg/edit#heading=h.rixe84gs0hcx) to emphasize the importance of Sol and de-emphasize the importance of Raiko over the long-term, as Relic weapons introduce new build options for Thunder. As a result, Sol and Raiko have swapped places in Miracle ticket priority.

ohjel
12-13-2017, 05:04 PM
Updated the Thunder element guide (https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K_dU3rCief_ajPGS9YBuVdxXBYFyCGGXAxYYyK0jzg/edit#heading=h.rixe84gs0hcx) to emphasize the importance of Sol and de-emphasize the importance of Raiko over the long-term, as Relic weapons introduce new build options for Thunder. As a result, Sol and Raiko have swapped places in Miracle ticket priority.

You might want to mention in your guide that Mammon, your top pick for Thunder Miracle tickets, isn't around until the 3rd Miracle ticket.

sanahtlig
12-14-2017, 09:41 AM
Thanks, I updated the Thunder section with Miracle ticket availability. Looks like that was the only element I forgot to include these for.

Naes
12-19-2017, 12:11 AM
so, Do SSr's drop from jewel gacha?, im asking because this is like my sixth month of this and i havent gotten one. sure ive gotten a couple non kamihime weapons but... eesh.

Slashley
12-19-2017, 01:33 AM
Non-Kamihime weapons have been removed now, they're exchanged for Dragon Eyes only (a whopping 15 each). Now each SSR pull is either a Hime weapon or Eidolon.

Your chances of SSR are 3% per slot, so ~26% per 10 pull. It is relatively easy to fail 26% chances dozens of times in a row, so... that just happens.

Naes
12-19-2017, 02:11 AM
i swear to you i got one. at the beginning of this event that just passed, i got rid of it because the excitement and then fail destroyed me, pretty sure it was a defender gun. maybe water.
wish i could trade the ones i have, enshrined lance longinus. Dragon Slasher Gram. godwood staff thyrsos, and one i got rid of. (unsure of dragon slasher, might have been from an event but if it was it should be burst at least a little dont remember.)
none of my tickets or gem pulls have yeilded anything for so long. its torture.
and thanks slashey for being cool.
it just makes me cry inside.

sanahtlig
01-06-2018, 01:35 PM
I updated the rerolling guide to make it clear that +100% elemental attack eidolons are preferable to Sol for those who invest in Miracle tickets.

sanahtlig
01-07-2018, 12:27 PM
Just a reminder that Miracle ticket sales will end soon, and likely won't be available again until April. If you're planning on rerolling for a better account (https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K_dU3rCief_ajPGS9YBuVdxXBYFyCGGXAxYYyK0jzg/edit#heading=h.bkfnmrchpxxo), you should do it now while Miracle tickets are still available. If you don't have at least one strong SSR in your current account, I recommend rerolling!

Unregistered
01-07-2018, 05:19 PM
what do i do with kami-weapons un-limit broken, are maxxed sr's better than an aggressive un-LB'd ssr weapon? ive taken that the defenders usually tripe

sanahtlig
01-07-2018, 06:05 PM
LB0 SSR weapons are enhancement fodder. Useful early on perhaps, but will be replaced by MLB SR assaults from Disasters and events.

For the Gatcha SSRs, it's useful to hang onto them in case you get duplicates. At MLB they become some of the strongest weapons in the game.

LeCrestfallen
01-07-2018, 06:47 PM
Offtopic, the wording in the elemental guide from sanahtlig is weird in terms of hades in the dark roaster. It sounds like she will get combo attack rate down and the defensive buff only after awakening. defensive buff is already on baseline hades available.

sanahtlig
01-07-2018, 07:09 PM
Thanks, I corrected the description of Hades's abilities.

AznSamsung
01-07-2018, 07:47 PM
Hey sanahtlig ... i think in ypur faq should including a section on which map in each world to farm material from to exchange for seed as most of the event will be raid

sanahtlig
01-07-2018, 08:03 PM
I had the impression that the shop turn-ins had diminishing returns, and quite quickly you'd reach a point where you're spending a lot of AP and getting almost nothing in return. In any case, I've never farmed story quests. There's usually better things to be doing with that AP.

AznSamsung
01-07-2018, 08:05 PM
Another way to farm seed beside that and daily

sanahtlig
01-07-2018, 08:13 PM
You can accrue seeds from Raid events by saving all the ones you get from tickets and medallion rewards rather than burning them. The more often you MVP, the more tickets you'll get, and the more efficiently you'll be able to earn seeds. The medallion rewards have diminishing returns, so you can get most of the rewards just by using passive regen. Only those who try to hardcore farm every Raid event will ever have a problem with seeds. If you stick to 1-2 elements you should have no issue, even if you don't play often. Otherwise, you'll just have to play a lot and use that passive regen to its fullest. That's the price you pay for not focusing.

Slashley
01-08-2018, 02:28 AM
Once you get your basics covered and can MvP regularly, you can more or less go infinite with Seeds in every raid event. Seed only during Burst Hours to get MvPs more assuredly. This is why being in a Union where you can play during every or most Burst Hours is important.

Outside of Raid/Union events, best way to get Seeds is Disaster raids. Religiously doing them every 60/100 minutes for your BP Regen adds up to a lot of Seeds. I don't think you should spend your AP on starting Disaster raids though, unless you've farmed more Fangs than what you'll ever need. And with Accessory quests, just Fangs isn't enough either, as you nowadays also need Runes...

sanahtlig
01-08-2018, 03:52 PM
Advanced Build Strategies

This section provides organizing principles for optimal builds, which are further elaborated in the Elemental Team-building Guide. While not meant to be comprehensive, this section illustrates general themes in the builds I’ve put together, and provides tips for users to construct builds in the same mold.

Some elements will lean towards one build style over others. For example, Fire and Thunder aren’t tooled well for Sustain builds, while Wind is particularly well-suited for Burst builds.

Versatile build
The Versatile build aims to be ready for any challenge by bringing the right skills to counter your foes. Such builds will aim to reach -40%-50% ATK/DEF, have at least one source of AoE heals (> 200/turn), and bring Overdrive extension (e.g., Black Propaganda), all while keeping the Soul or EX slot free for a utility skill (e.g., cleanse, dispel) to respond to encounter-specific needs. Blind or Combo attack down to mitigate spikes in normal attack damage are also typical features, as is Affliction resistance down to ensure that debuffs land.

Mordred is commonly used in Versatile builds since Overdrive extension has few alternative sources, and Mordred combines this with several other useful debuffs, including Affliction resistance down and Blind. Her Relic weapons also apply Combo attack down with Bursts, while her Discipline Relic weapon adds a Dispel to Outrage. But the core feature of Versatile builds is that core debuffs are provided by kamihime, allowing the player to switch Souls depending on the demands of each encounter.

Sol is also favored in Versatile builds, since she brings healing, cleanse, dispel, and a class C ATK debuff all in one character. Since she has no elemental weakness, she can fit into builds for all elements. The tradeoff for using Sol is that it reduces overall damage by ~15% in a maxed non-Light team.

sanahtlig
01-08-2018, 09:49 PM
Burst build

The Burst build aims to minimize time in high-damage phases with massive spike damage. Typically, the team will unload at the start of the Rage phase of a boss fight, emptying the Rage meter and avoiding a potentially lethal Rage Overdrive. Advantages of Burst builds are that they can end battles quicker and sometimes ignore annoying encounter mechanics. Disadvantages are that overkill Bursts can lead to messy transitions (e.g., no debuffs ready) in multi-stage fights, may require careful timing to avoid a Rage Overdrive before the team is ready to Burst, and require excellent gear to work optimally. The Bishujorin-based build described here also has strict requirements that are difficult to meet without planning around specific Miracle ticket picks.

Shingen’s ability Bishujorin is the core of a Burst build, as it increases the team’s Burst damage by ~40%. Her Discipline Relic weapon Divine Bow of the Champion increases the bonus to ~100%, or double. The catch is that the ability reduces the user’s Burst gauge by half, and the bonus has a 3-turn duration. Shingen has another ability that grants her 20 Burst gauge, so that leaves 30 Burst gauge to recover in 2 turns. Shingen also gets a double-attack rate up ability and gets 12.5 Burst gauge per normal attack, so while she won’t be severely delaying Bursts overall, she could fail to Burst along with the team and get the bonus, decreasing total Burst damage by ~24%. To ensure Shingen always get the bonus, she needs another source of Burst gauge (5/17.5/30 for 2/1/0 attacks before Burst is ready). Players have two optimal options: Hercules’s EX skill (increase Burst generation rate to 15.5/turn for 5 turns along with combo attack rate up) and Burst gauge up from a kamihime. The former requires foregoing debuffs from the Soul, while the second requires specific kamihime in the team. For +40% damage, players can sub the ability on Arthur or Morgan, or use Shingen’s Passion Relic weapon for 30 Burst gauge instead of 20 (but probably better to use Arthur). Again, these require foregoing debuffs on the Soul.

To sum up the requirements for a strong Bishujorin-based Burst build, most teams will want to have at least two of the following covered by kamihime:
Class B debuff
Burst gauge up effect
Overdrive extension (not critical, but greatly increases the margin of safety)

Since Overdrive extension is rare and currently only possessed by Ryu-Oh (Water), Dark Amaterasu (limited), and Forseti (Light SR, 12T CD!), most general-use Bishujorin Burst builds will want to include kamihime with a class B debuff and a Burst gauge up effect.

Thunder and Light are missing class B debuffs in their lineup, which means they’d have to run with low ATK (Thunder) or DEF (Light) down to make the build work.

sanahtlig
01-09-2018, 07:08 PM
I added a quick reference for buffs/debuffs by Aken in the Useful Links and Resources (https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K_dU3rCief_ajPGS9YBuVdxXBYFyCGGXAxYYyK0jzg/edit#) section. Thanks to Wpmz for suggesting this.

Unregistered
01-09-2018, 09:58 PM
i want to ask, does Soul and Kamihime assist ability applies to the whole team or only to themselves?

sanahtlig
01-09-2018, 10:00 PM
Assist abilities generally only apply to that character.

Slashley
01-10-2018, 02:50 AM
i want to ask, does Soul and Kamihime assist ability applies to the whole team or only to themselves?I think so far, the only passive ability we have so far is Bastet's team-wide Dark HP 5% up. It also works from the backrow, by the way.

Every element will eventually get on those. I can't think of any other passives that work on the whole team.

sanahtlig
01-12-2018, 02:45 PM
Endurance build (https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K_dU3rCief_ajPGS9YBuVdxXBYFyCGGXAxYYyK0jzg/edit#heading=h.4t1e0zy30bsl)

The Endurance build focuses on mitigating damage to the point that healing can keep up, ideally allowing the team to fight indefinitely. Stacking ATK down to -50% (or more) is fundamental to this build. Endurance builds also typically have a means to mitigate overdrives, either by delaying them or with damage cut abilities. Endurance builds are best suited to multi-stage fights, or bosses with very high HP (such as high-level Demons in Union events). The prime disadvantage of Endurance builds is that they’re time-consuming to use when auto-battle is not feasible. Also, some encounters are tuned so that they become more punishing the longer the encounter drags on.

Endurance builds rely primarily on ATK down stacking to mitigate damage. By stacking -20% class A (e.g., Joan’s ability), -20% class B (e.g., D’art’s Sniper Shot), -20% class C (Sol), and -10% from an eidolon (Jormugand, Yatagarasu), a total of -70% ATK is readily obtainable. Caspiel (Wind R) also has a stacking ATK debuff that can further reduce ATK by 15-20% in solo encounters, potentially nullifying even the most powerful attacks. To further mitigate normal attack damage, Endurance builds will often include Blind or Combo attack down.

To mitigate Overdrive damage, overdrive extension can be combined with overdrive reduction (e.g., Cthulhu, Raphael) to delay overdrives. Alternatively, overdrives can be mitigated with damage cut abilities (e.g., Joan, Gaia). Gaia is particularly useful for Endurance builds since she can 100% mitigate single-target attacks on the team once every 6 turns, and mitigate any attack by -40% once every 6 turns, allowing her to single-handedly mitigate single-target overdrives that occur once every 3 turns or less. Gaia is also particularly useful against bosses who switch between single-target and AoE overdrives at the Rage transition (assuming the boss only has one opportunity to overdrive in each phase).
Endurance builds will often feature 2 healers to keep the party topped off and provide additional utility. Awakened Sol is particularly useful since she can buff all heals on the party by 50% for 3T (7T CD), cleanse status effects, and dispel enemy buffs, all while providing her characteristic -20% class C ATK debuff.

Endurance builds were dealt a crippling blow by the ATK debuff nerf in the DMM version in February 2017, which capped ATK down at -50%. For builds previously running with -70% ATK, this increased damage taken by 67%, instantly disabling Endurance builds that relied on ATK down stacking for viability. Post-nerf, Endurance builds will be be hard-pressed to clear top-difficulty content without an alternative means to mitigate overdrives.

sanahtlig
01-12-2018, 10:10 PM
Elemental advantage build (https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K_dU3rCief_ajPGS9YBuVdxXBYFyCGGXAxYYyK0jzg/edit#)

This build relies on elemental advantage for every encounter, and thus requires viable teams for all 6 elements. Elemental advantage provides a +45/48% buff to elemental damage (translating to ~30% damage increase) and 25% damage resistance, which provides the foundation for this build. Teams with elemental advantage also seem to have a higher debuff success rate; ATK/DEF down is nearly guaranteed to land with affliction resistance down applied. Elemental advantage builds have the potential to outclass builds with comparable equipment focused on a single element, and runs can be smoother and more predictable since debuffs can be relied upon to stick. In addition, some abilities carried by characters and eidolons further increase potency against a team’s strong element. However, strong Elemental advantage builds require heavy investment in time, effort, and money, and also require some luck to land the right characters for each element.

The main bottleneck for Elemental advantage builds is debuffs. Since an elemental advantage build is only as strong as its weakest link (or element), the player needs access to a sufficient variety of characters for each element to cover necessary debuffs: class A ATK, class A DEF, class B ATK/DEF, and overdrive extension. A source of healing is usually desirable also. A Soul can only cover 2 of 5 of these, so characters need to provide the other 3. Without at least 1 of these 3 covered, the team probably won’t be viable in top difficulty content. To ensure a supply of strong characters, Elemental advantage builds tend to rely on a steady stream of SSR kamihime tickets, which makes these builds expensive relative to comparable single-element builds, which can progress to top-tier with only a strong initial roll and 2-3 Miracle tickets.

Elemental advantage builds also require a great deal of commitment to continuously raise. Players will need to participate in all events and earn all event SSR weapons at a bare minimum. Most players will also spend a great deal of time farming non-event content for materials (limit-break, enhancement, spawn) and accessories for all 6 elements, as well as gems to raise weapons and accessories. While it’s not 6x the effort of single-element builds, since diminishing returns usually apply, it’s easily 3x the effort that others would need to spend to achieve comparable strength.

Since Elemental advantage builds are very reliant on having strong teams for all 6 elements, they benefit especially from Miracle ticket picks that can contribute to multiple teams. Sol is a high priority for Elemental advantage builds, as she provides essential utility skills, can fit into every team, and has no weak element. Gaia is situationally useful in multiple elements, and Amaterasu can compensate for debuff deficiencies in some teams (and is virtually indispensable for Fire).

Elemental advantage builds are particularly strong in Guild Orders, where arbitrary handicaps are often assigned in mission goals, which may be difficult to overcome without the aid of elemental advantage.

sanahtlig
01-13-2018, 12:25 PM
Accessory buff comparison (https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K_dU3rCief_ajPGS9YBuVdxXBYFyCGGXAxYYyK0jzg/edit#heading=h.7e9g6zj5bsfl)

Comparison table on JP wiki

+Affliction rate (+2%) is the best effect for Single-element builds. You want this on any ATK or DEF debuffer whose abilities ever miss. Debuffs missing is the #1 reason for wipes in content you can usually clear, so less missing = fewer wipes. Since DEF down is directly linked to damage output, 2% less chance of missing > +2% damage, which makes +Affliction rate superior to even +ATK for damage when equipped on your debuffers, and since debuffs typically have a team-wide effect you can multiply that by 5!

+ATK (+3% max) has a 0.45% return in damage for each additional 1% at 120% character ATK, or +1.35% damage for a max-level accessory. As a rule of thumb, take the nominal effect and divide by 2 for the true effect on damage. Good on any character, but the effect is small.

+Double attack (+2%) directly modifies normal attack damage and can modify Burst damage as well if it contributes to more frequent Bursts. As such, it's best used on frontliners. Using a build with Shiva where the damage breakdown for normal/skill/Burst damage was 51/20/29%, +Double attack adds 1-1.6% damage, depending on whether it's contributing to more frequent Bursts or not. That range will also fluctuate somewhat depending on skill damage contribution to overall damage. On a bottleneck character double ATK would be better, while on others +ATK might be better. As a rule of thumb, take the nominal effect and divide by 2 for the true effect on normal attack damage.

+DEF (+3%) decreases damage by a little less than 3%. Use this to enhance survivability of vulnerable frontliners or essential characters, especially with low HP and no DEF bonuses. Use this over +HP% when possible since it benefits more from healing. Otherwise, the same caveats as +HP% apply.

+HP% (+3%) is straightforward. But you should already have +HP from Defender weapons, so the effect will be somewhat reduced. Only recommended for kamihime with low HP or frontliners. Otherwise use Defender weapons and eidolons to manipulate HP for your entire team at once.

+Drop rate (+1%) is valuable for farming. Assuming you like farming efficiently, having these in your progression gear isn't a waste. Make sure you keep all Rs with this, as they're free to unequip.
+Mode gauge reduction (+4%) is useful to end Rage quickly. Mainly for solo progression content, and useless on everything else. If you’re having trouble clearing Accessory Quests, stack this and aim to push the final boss into stun before the 2nd Overdrive.

+Ability damage (+5%) is worse than +ATK for SSR skills with less than 3 hits (which is the vast majority). Why? For starters, the base modifier should be < 3.7 to compete with +ATK. If we're going to buff abilities and nothing else, we want to see at least a 2x difference, so reduce that to < 2. The ability should also do significantly more total unbuffed damage than a normal attack to be worth buffing, i.e., 4x (which disqualifies SR characters’ weak damage skills). Divide 4 by a number less than 2, and a minimum of 3 hits is required for a significant effect.

+Burst damage (+5%) is useless because, like +ability damage, it adds to a modifier that is already greater than 1. For SR+ kamihime, that's 3.5+, essentially nerfing the effect to the same as +ATK or less. Burst builds can expect even less return since they'll be using temporary buffs to raise that base modifier even higher. This stat exists to trick players who don't understand the damage formulas. As a general rule, take the nominal effect and divide by 5 to get the true effect.

sanahtlig
02-04-2018, 01:09 PM
Added a Burst build with Shingen's Provisional Forest to the Light section of the Elemental Team-building Guide (https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K_dU3rCief_ajPGS9YBuVdxXBYFyCGGXAxYYyK0jzg/edit#heading=h.cc1nzrb2cfz8), along with Miracle ticket picks to achieve it. I also revised the section to reflect the improved outlook, with Light Tsukuyomi soon to be available with Miracle tickets and SSR Artemis on the distant horizon.

Marigold
02-04-2018, 01:29 PM
Hey, I think I missed the first Miracle Ticket since I stopped playing since the first week of December and came back a week ago
I can't find anywhere to buy it now, am I boned until the second comes?

LeCrestfallen
02-04-2018, 01:58 PM
yep were only available till (i believe) 10th january

Marigold
02-04-2018, 02:08 PM
I cri everityem

Unregistered
02-07-2018, 07:51 AM
It is somewhat amusing that you use terms like lb0 and the likes, without explaining what those terms mean, like LB0 in the "how to get strong quickly" section

sanahtlig
02-07-2018, 08:28 AM
Though I generally try to avoid shorthand, it's probably lightly peppered throughout. I rewrote the specific instances you mentioned so that the abbreviations are now understandable from context, or with references to LV#, which is more likely to be understood by a typical gamer.

The trouble with explaining every term from the ground up (e.g., what's a limit break?) is that I don't want to bog down myself or readers with rote explanations of basic mechanics. I assume a basic familiarity with game systems. My end goal is to provide top-level strategic insight, and leave the rote explanations to other resources like wikis or the in-game tutorial.

Unregistered
02-07-2018, 09:45 AM
then why include all the information about rerolling or the "new player" section, etc. It is not geared towards end game content.

sanahtlig
02-07-2018, 11:35 AM
then why include all the information about rerolling or the "new player" section, etc. It is not geared towards end game content.
Because new players most of all need top-level guidance. By the time they're familiar enough with game systems to know what to do, they've likely already made poor strategic decisions that are difficult to undo. I'm not out to duplicate the JP wiki in English (contrary to some accusations). Instead, I'm focused on value-added content that you're unlikely to find elsewhere. I also cover topics based on personal interest or when I see a need in the community (the Beginner's guide mostly falls in this category).

Unregistered
02-08-2018, 08:10 AM
then it is quite ironic that you take certain "terms" for granted whilst saying that you want to offer guidance for beginners.
or by not actually explaining things and offering reasonsoning.

Slashley
02-08-2018, 08:24 AM
They're free to ask whenever something goes over their heads, and then fixes will be made when necessary.

sanahtlig
02-08-2018, 09:08 AM
then it is quite ironic that you take certain "terms" for granted whilst saying that you want to offer guidance for beginners.
or by not actually explaining things and offering reasonsoning.
I've corrected the shorthand you pointed out. If you feel certain concepts need more elaboration, you have the following options:
Point out specific instances, and I'll consider adding more detail.
Write your own explanations / sections. If you do a good job, I'll consider linking to them or including them with a credit.
Use a different resource, such as the JP wiki or asking other forum members.

Unregistered
02-08-2018, 10:49 AM
They're free to ask whenever something goes over their heads, and then fixes will be made when necessary.

It is a FAQ, meaning questions asked by people that are not that familiar with terms, hence explanations are generally something that would make sense. and that is not even going into the author first stating one thing and then going for the opposite.

and as for asking questions:
I did ask questions previously.

In came this person, linking his faq, the problem being that in either instance, his faq was giving the information neeed to answer the questions.
and it gets kinda boring when you get a person trying to give his faq as answer to a question without knowing that his faq actually does not include the answer to said question.

sanahtlig
02-08-2018, 11:01 AM
and it gets kinda boring when you get a person trying to give his faq as answer to a question without knowing that his faq actually does not include the answer to said question.
It actually did answer at least 2 of your questions. But that's a pointless debate. I pointed out that a resource was available. It's up to you whether you want to use it.

If you have a request, be specific and I'll take it into consideration. Otherwise, I've already spent too much time arguing in circles with you.

kylie
02-08-2018, 04:25 PM
Can somebody tell me SSR Cybele release date? So that I can save for her. tnx,

sanahtlig
02-08-2018, 06:03 PM
Can somebody tell me SSR Cybele release date? So that I can save for her. tnx,
I added it as a Gatcha priority line in the Wind section (https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K_dU3rCief_ajPGS9YBuVdxXBYFyCGGXAxYYyK0jzg/edit#heading=h.tlko9odig3kl) of the Elemental Team-building Guide.

sanahtlig
02-18-2018, 10:20 AM
Updated the Dark section (https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K_dU3rCief_ajPGS9YBuVdxXBYFyCGGXAxYYyK0jzg/edit#heading=h.9x9ygjrr90oo) of the Elemental Team-building Guide as follows:

Decision point 1 for Dark users is the source of class A DEF debuff: SSR Amon (-25%) or Satan (-15%, extra -10% once awakened). SSR Amon provides superior Rage control, while Satan provides overdrive control and can Burst more often. Awakened Satan also has the immensely useful elemental resistance down effect, which decreases debuff resistance. Essentially, Awakened Satan > Dark Amon > Satan. Dark Amon is better in early-game, while Satan is better in late-game once her Awakening becomes available (~August 2018).

artista
02-18-2018, 10:42 AM
Im using Hades Osiris Amon and Susanoo.

So i should focus on Satan to replace Amon by August and replace Susanoo with Pluto? Do i even bother to awaken Susanoo?

sanahtlig
02-18-2018, 11:31 AM
Awakened Satan and Amon together should be more effective than Awakened Susanoo. It depends on what's available with the 2nd Miracle ticket though. I'd get Thanatos or Pluto over Satan.

sanahtlig
02-18-2018, 07:33 PM
Added a section on Awakening (https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K_dU3rCief_ajPGS9YBuVdxXBYFyCGGXAxYYyK0jzg/edit#heading=h.uhokavvdwzk5).

Awakening
Awakening was introduced 10/16/17 in the English version. About once per month, a previously released SSR kamihime becomes eligible for strengthening. By expending Draconic eyes on an eligible LV80 kamihime, the character’s upgraded form is unlocked. The character’s level and stats are reset to LV1 in the process, so the character is temporarily weaker until the levels are regained. As the character gains levels, existing abilities morph into upgraded versions, which is typically the most significant effect of Awakening.

The English version has roughly followed the DMM Awakening schedule of 1 Awakening per month, and also with the same release order.

Notable Awakenings (2/18/18; core SSRs): Gaia, Thor, Svarog, Titania, Ares, Sol, Hades, Satan, Uriel. Other SSRs are typically not worth Awakening unless you have an excess of shards or limited access to strong kamihime.

Awakening requires 3 Draconic Eyes (= 30 Draconic Eye shards), which are typically the limiting material. Additional Limit Break materials are required to reach max level once again. Limit Break material requirements can be viewed in the DMM version wiki. Note that these reflect reduced costs that were implemented in the DMM version; costs in the English version are currently considerably higher (as of 2/18/18). The reduced costs are expected to be implemented soon.

Draconic Eye shard sources
Weekly quest: 1/week
Advent events: 2 each (not always implemented in the shop)
Raid events: 2 each
Union events: 2 each
Duplicate Gatcha SSR kamihime: 10 shards per occurrence

A total of ~10 shards are available per month, so an active player capable of farming all content efficiently should be able to Awaken 1 kamihime per 3 months. Most players will have more Draconic Eyes than eligible SSRs to Awaken, or at least eligible SSRs that would be useful for them to Awaken.

sanahtlig
02-18-2018, 08:01 PM
Added a sub-section explaining the usefulness of Vine to the existing section Building a well-balanced team (https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K_dU3rCief_ajPGS9YBuVdxXBYFyCGGXAxYYyK0jzg/edit#heading=h.umd0smq0ls4z).

Eidolons can supplement debuff deficiencies (to a point).
ATK down (-10%): Yatagarasu (9T), Jormugand (10T)
DEF down (-10%): Vine (SR, 8T)
Blind: Apocalypse (10T)
Affliction resistance down: Sphinx (9T)

The story SR eidolon Vine in particular is very important, as most teams otherwise lack the capability to exceed -40% DEF without specific rare SSR kamihime. Teams at the -40% DEF threshold can gain as much as 16% damage (-4% from low stats relative to event SSRs) by running Vine. Vine can be purchased in the event shop by players who’ve reached the Dark-element world in the story quests. Farming the necessary single copy takes only about 250AP once players have reached this chapter.

Note that relying on eidolons has a tradeoff: the summon ability typically won’t be available for 8-10 turns, and only one can be used per turn. This can be a significant drawback in brief encounters, such as Advent Ragnaroks, where the fight is usually decided before summon abilities are ready.

Asdef91
02-19-2018, 07:56 AM
I have a question, why is it that on sanahtlig's guide it says we should prioritize leveling the skill of assault weapons over others?

I have a defensive debuff/healing-based water team. Wouldn't +HP water weapons be better than assault in my case?

Kureru
02-19-2018, 08:08 AM
I have a question, why is it that on sanahtlig's guide it says we should prioritize leveling the skill of assault weapons over others?

I have a defensive debuff/healing-based water team. Wouldn't +HP water weapons be better than assault in my case?

Stalling is not a good tactic. It gives more opportunities for debuffs to miss or the boss to combo attack; offense is the best defense. In many cases lacking the offense required to stun the boss quickly makes it impossible to win. Adding HP doesn't do anything to the cap on healing abilities, either.

Just to note, I'm not saying that defensive teams are bad, I'm saying defensive teams don't focus on Defender.

QXZ
02-19-2018, 08:21 AM

ever since they capped atk down to 50%, defensive builds took a massive hit. you can no longer just facetank overdrives.

Slashley
02-19-2018, 08:23 AM
--
I have a defensive debuff/healing-based water team. Wouldn't +HP water weapons be better than assault in my case?... how deep in the healing water hole are you? Because if you're running like three healers (SSR Nike, Aphrodite, Andromeda while still taking care of the required debuffs with Ryu-Oh or something), then maybe. Having a large HP pool would allow you to not lose people from unlucky triple hits (though Water can bring Triton to prevent those).

But in general, you don't want to do that. As said by Kureru above, having long fights makes things more likely to go wrong. Also note that every point in Defender is a point less in Assault. Having a 80% Assault grid compared to a 120% Assault grid can easily mean a difference between a 7 minute T4 Accessory run and a 20 minute run. And you need three.

QXZ
02-19-2018, 08:27 AM
@sanahtlig,

in your guide under light, you said: "With Sol and Light Tsukuyomi, Modred + Ambush allows light to reach -45 DEF and -40 ATK"

Are you sure that is correct?

Sol (-20 ATK C) + Mordred (-10 ATK B) = -30 ATK (of course, if you have Eros, its another -20 ATK A for a total of -50 ATK)

Ambush (-20 DEF A) + Mordred (-10 DEF B) + L Tsukuyomi (-15 L Resist) = -45 DEF (so you are correct here)

Asdef91
02-19-2018, 08:35 AM
... how deep in the healing water hole are you? Because if you're running like three healers (SSR Nike, Aphrodite, Andromeda while still taking care of the required debuffs with Ryu-Oh or something), then maybe. Having a large HP pool would allow you to not lose people from unlucky triple hits (though Water can bring Triton to prevent those).

Sol+Cthulhu deep. I'm pretty much free so I'm not sure I'll ever be able to get any of the girls you mentioned.

By the way, are the tradeable SR assaults that you can get from trading materials flat out worse than the Disaster assaults? I've done a ton of raids but only got a couple of Defender weapons, no Assault. Meanwhile skill-fodder R weapons are just piling up, filling inventory space.

Cobblemaniac
02-19-2018, 08:44 AM
By the way, are the tradeable SR assaults that you can get from trading materials flat out worse than the Disaster assaults? I've done a ton of raids but only got a couple of Defender weapons, no Assault. Meanwhile skill-fodder R weapons are just piling up, filling inventory space.

If I know my stuff correctly, the skills themselves don't have any distinct differences, but disaster weapons have higher stats than the tradeables in shop. Defender SRs you get from disaster can be used for pretty convenient skill fodder, since you can beef up the success rate pretty easily with a Slvl2 SR, which takes only one R to boost.

Slashley
02-19-2018, 09:48 AM
Sol+Cthulhu deep. I'm pretty much free so I'm not sure I'll ever be able to get any of the girls you mentioned.In that case, no. Go offensive. You need far, far more healing power to make investing heavily in HP weapons somewhat worth it. And even then, again, it's dubious.
By the way, are the tradeable SR assaults that you can get from trading materials flat out worse than the Disaster assaults? I've done a ton of raids but only got a couple of Defender weapons, no Assault. Meanwhile skill-fodder R weapons are just piling up, filling inventory space.RNG is going to RNG. I got 19 copies of Darkness Disaster Eidolons before I got my fourth copy of the Assault weapon.

Also, inventory space shouldn't be such a huge issue. You should buy space to 100, maybe even 200 straight off the bat. It's by far the best thing you can do with Jewels (once past rerolling stage).

LeCrestfallen
02-19-2018, 10:22 AM
increased my stash to 400 weapon/200 eidelon, and its still annoying doing 100x 10er draws

sanahtlig
02-19-2018, 12:17 PM
@sanahtlig,

in your guide under light, you said: "With Sol and Light Tsukuyomi, Modred + Ambush allows light to reach -45 DEF and -40 ATK"

Are you sure that is correct?
Modified as follows: "With Sol, Light Tsukuyomi, and Eros, Mordred + Ambush allows Light to reach -45% DEF and -50% ATK."

Skill leveling SR Defender weapons is not generally worthwhile. Until you complete a full grid of SSR weapons and SR Assault weapons, better to fill the empty slots with LV85+ off-element SSRs. The shop weapons aren't useful because they have lower stats than the Disaster SRs, and also you can only get 3 copies until the shop resets (unknown when this happens).

QXZ
02-19-2018, 09:13 PM
@sanahtlig,

so is this correct order of priority for wpn levels?

Main element SSR assault > main element SSR defender > main element SR assault > off-element SSR assault > main element SR defender

sanahtlig
02-19-2018, 09:17 PM

Main element SSR assault > main element SSR defender > main element SR assault > off-element SSR assault > main element SR defender
There's a lot more variety than that. I'd put it like this:
SSR > SR assault > everything else which is not worth skill leveling. There's not much point assigning priorities to the various SSR skills until you have 11+ same-element SSRs to choose from, which you don't and won't have for a very long time. As for XP leveling, you should level your grid equally to raise your stats as fast as possible.

Ikki
02-19-2018, 09:23 PM
@sanahtlig,

Off-element SSR assault doesnt exist, just pointing that out, something off-element = no skill, and SSR defenders are getting even worse now that dual skill weapons are here.

Slashley
02-20-2018, 08:20 AM
Here's a question.
... which you might actually already have a calculator for, but I'm lazy!
Not that we've learned of Vine, how important is Cthulhu for Water teams?

My Mordred-Belphegor-Triton-Ryu-Oh-Sol team is doing very well. But, what irks me the most is Sol's damage output. Against neutral, the other team members whack for ~25k and Sol for ~7k. Swapping Sol for SSR Nike should increase minimum damage output per turn from 107k to 125k.

Of course, there are a whole load of ups and downs.
+ Using Cthulhu gives access to Overdrive Extension. Not something I've played around with, but I'm sure it's ridiculously powerful, particularly against tough match-ups *cough*Thunder wave2*cough*
+ Cthulhu, if replacing Belphegor, would get me a third -Atk A debuff, allowing me to -50% the entire wave1. Not sure if I want to replace Belphegor though, since replacing Triton would mean that I'd be able to 1-turn neutral element wave3 Rage phases (due to Cthulhu having higher Burst modifier).
+ Frees up Vine for more stats from an Eidolon stats.
+ Sol isn't as vulnerable against Thunder.
+ Sol gives instant access to -50% Atk, even in wave1.
-+ Back-up A Def debuff from SSR Nike would be very good, but Cthulhu effectively does the same damn thing. Actually a bit better since it stacks with Ryu-Oh when necessary.
- A 16% damage increase just from having a fifth Water character is no freaking joke.

I have plenty of time before the second Miracle Ticket, but regardless of what happens I don't see dropping Cthulhu entirely. It's just a matter of which order do I get Cthulhu-Water Raphael-SSR Nike.

sanahtlig
02-20-2018, 09:49 AM
Cthulhu is extremely important for Water teams. The AoE -DEF is indispensable on trash, the Charm lands at a decent rate (30-50%) and greatly aids in delaying overdrives (one of Water's key strengths), she has a free -ATK buff, and the overdrive reduction is useful though unreliable. However, for teams with Ryu-Oh and Vine, she's somewhat dispensable. Keep in mind that Sol only reduces damage by about 15%. That matters on bosses, but for trash Cthulhu's AoE -DEF provides a damage boost that far exceeds the loss.

Having 3 -ATK doesn't really matter. With Cthulhu, you'd kill the first trash mob in Rank 4 in 2-3T anyway. Triton's main utility in a group with Cthulhu is her Combo attack down. Her self-heal also makes her pretty durable as a frontliner.

I use Cthulhu and Triton in my Rank 4 team, though I suppose if I didn't have Gaia in reserve I'd be more afraid of the final boss's Raging Overdrive. Instead, I'm mostly worried about triple attacks taking out someone important early on. If I were to spend my next Miracle ticket on my Water team, I'd replace Sol with Nike though. Snow Raphael is a lower priority for me since I want Sniper Shot to deal with the trash. Bringing in SSR Nike would allow me to sub out Sol, Gabriel, and Triton and bring in Shiva and Poseidon instead. The trash can't combo attack me to death if they're dead, and Blind from Apocalypse should be sufficient to deal with the other phases.

Cobblemaniac
02-20-2018, 10:02 AM
Do you have general recommended team builds for each individual accessory quest?

sanahtlig
02-20-2018, 10:12 AM
I've been thinking about writing a Rank 4 Accessory Quest guide. But briefly, most teams will want to use Mordred to ensure debuffs land and for Black Propaganda. Having Gaia in reserve, if available, is extremely handy for dealing with the final boss's Raging Overdrive. You'll need at least one source of healing, and ideally you'll want DEF at -40% before Vine. -ATK to -30-40% without eidolons is important for most teams except Fire.

That assumes maxed neutral-element teams. For non-maxed teams with elemental advantage, it's really going to depend on ATK power and specific characters available. If you don't have enough offensive power to burn the boss during Rage, you're going to quickly run into trouble, particularly when something goes wrong like a character dying prematurely or a debuff missing.

Cobblemaniac
02-20-2018, 10:31 AM
I've been thinking about writing a Rank 4 Accessory Quest guide. But briefly, most teams will want to use Mordred to ensure debuffs land and for Black Propaganda. Having Gaia in reserve, if available, is extremely handy for dealing with the final boss's Raging Overdrive. You'll need at least one source of healing, and ideally you'll want DEF at -40% before Vine. -ATK to -30-40% without eidolons is important for most teams except Fire.

That assumes maxed neutral-element teams. For non-maxed teams with elemental advantage, it's really going to depend on ATK power and specific characters available. If you don't have enough offensive power to burn the boss during Rage, you're going to quickly run into trouble, particularly when something goes wrong like a character dying prematurely or a debuff missing.

Sounds pretty tricky for farming accessories for your own element...

One section I don't particularly understand is Gaia: is there a need to run her in the main team if you're not confident in your damage output? I notice that the boss does a stupid amount of damage with a single hit for the overdrive, basically meaning probably 3 himes without Gaia around will just straight up explode, so why not have Gaia in the main in case something screws up really badly during the last boss?

Additionally, how much base atk power would you actually require from your weapons (assault skills and eidolon boost included) running a neutral element maxed team?

sanahtlig
02-20-2018, 10:57 AM
By "neutral-element", I'm including same-element too. Mordred becomes all the more important though.

I keep Gaia in reserve in my team, since it already has Sol. 2 off-element reduces damage too much; even if it works, it's just way too slow. Having her in reserve also keeps her from getting killed by triple attacks. She can be used off-element in the main team also, so long as she's the only one. My Water team has -50% ATK and high HP, so it usually takes 2 overdrive hits to kill a character. Losing 3 characters at once is extremely rare; my team will remain full-power so long as 2 or less are killed by the first Raging Overdrive. Strong Wind teams with at least Awakened Gaia and Oberon should have no real issue with Accessory Quests, other than Fire.

By "maxed" team, I'm assuming 42k+ team attack power and >+100% character attack power from weapon skills, as well as >80% elemental attack power from eidolons. That's assuming a full grid of maxed level and maxed skill level same-element SSRs, SR+ Assault, and of course eidolons. It's likely possible to do with less, but I already lose occasionally as it is. If you're going to waste all those resources on the entrance fee, you want to make sure you're going to win. Otherwise, you should just do Rank 3.

Cobblemaniac
02-26-2018, 08:45 AM
Figured I'd necro this thread since I just thought of something interesting: For player without full SSR equipment on deck, or even a maxed out SR deck of SR disaster assaults, is it a viable option to save all copies of event weapons for all their effects instead of using them as LB fodder?

sanahtlig
02-26-2018, 08:54 AM
Yes, I wouldn't start LB'ing until you have a full same-element grid of LB0 SSR and LB0 Disaster Assault weapons. Raising weapons to LV40-50 only to use them as fodder later doesn't consume much resources.

sanahtlig
02-27-2018, 09:59 AM
Updated the Thunder section (https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K_dU3rCief_ajPGS9YBuVdxXBYFyCGGXAxYYyK0jzg/edit#heading=h.rixe84gs0hcx) of my Elemental Team-building Guide as follows:

For players looking for a Thunder-element alternative to Sol to maximize damage, Athena (3rd Miracle ticket) can complement Thunder builds with Raiko (AoE mitigation and ATK debuff) and Thor (Paralysis). Athena has a pair of abilities similar to Gaia’s that covers allies for 1T (single-target attacks only) and decreases damage taken by 90% (2T). This is on a 5T cooldown, so it can be used relatively frequently and reduce the need for healing. Unfortunately, Athena will compete with Mammon for the 3rd Miracle ticket spot, and Mammon is more important..

sanahtlig
03-01-2018, 11:34 AM
Made several important updates to the Wind section (https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K_dU3rCief_ajPGS9YBuVdxXBYFyCGGXAxYYyK0jzg/edit#heading=h.tlko9odig3kl) of the Elemental Team-building Guide, including details on Burst builds and Gatcha priority.

Wind
Wind can be played offensively or defensively, with many skills that increase attack frequency and the Burst gauge--allowing for more frequent Bursts--as well as the potential for strong damage mitigation. However, Wind has few options for healing until much later. Wind is particularly friendly to free players, who get immediate access to a strong class B debuff from Cybele, while the easily-obtainable Zephyr (R) adds weak heals and an astoundingly good class C ATK debuff.

Wind starts somewhat weak but strengthens with later content updates. Gaia’s Awakening is the turning point for Wind, and makes her the single must-have character for Wind. Aspiring Wind users should reroll for Gaia or pick her up from the first Miracle ticket. She’s the first character to get an Awakening, and she becomes the Paladin of KamiPro, uniquely able to nullify attacks on other characters, mitigate AoE overdrives, AND heal the team. Cybele’s SSR variant transforms her into a peerless attacker GUARANTEED to combo with every normal attack, giving her ridiculous Burst generation and damage output, especially when buffed (e.g., by Morgan and/or Titania). Seth is a healer second only to Sol, with a 1500/6T heal + cleanse, Combo attack down + class C ATK down (-20%), and a 1000 damage barrier.

Wind’s ATK debuff options are limited until Seth. Oberon (SR) is a big boon to Wind teams, as she packs both class A ATK and DEF debuffs (-15%). Once Hastur (-20% DEF) and Seth (-20% ATK) become available, Oberon becomes less essential. Wind users without Oberon or Seth will likely be running Joan d’ Arc for most content for her class A ATK debuff and damage cut skill (-40%), which synergizes well with Gaia’s (-40%).

While Wind lacks a class C DEF debuff, teams have several options for reaching the DEF debuff cap of -50%: +100% Wind elemental attack eidolon Hraesvelg (-20%), SR eidolons Vine (-10%) or Yamata no Orochi (-12%), D’art with personal weapon (class B -30% ATK/DEF), Hercules with Relic weapon (-25% on Burst), or an off-element kamihime with a class C debuff (e.g., Cthulhu). Wind thus doubly benefits from its +100% eidolon, which vastly increases its potential damage output. Use of the story eidolon Vine (see Building a well-balanced team) or Yamata no Orochi comes with significant tradeoffs, especially since the benefit will be delayed by 8 turns, but provides a guaranteed means to reach the cap. Cthulhu brings additional skills such as overdrive reduction and class A ATK down, making her a potential upgrade over Oberon.

Wind is well-suited to Burst builds. Wind has several options to maximize Provisional Forest damage. Awakened Titania is the best option, as she can instantly boost Shingen’s gauge to full on the same turn, plus nearly guarantee that one kamihime plus herself will be ready to Burst as soon as Shingen is. Combine this with SSR Cybele and the team should be able to Full Burst every 6T. Wind Ramiel (SR) is a decent fallback with some tradeoffs: her Zeal buff can guarantee that Shingen will be able to Burst 2T after Provisional Forest is used, but the team will take ~1000 damage. Alternatively, her Burst gauge generation buff will bring Shingen to 99%; as long she gets hit (e.g., from an AoE overdrive), she’ll reach 100. Wind Orpheus (R) can also provide a similar Zeal effect, at a big sacrifice in damage. Hercules’s Raging Strike (EX or main) can also close the gap, but will require the sacrifice of an ability slot (and thus overdrive extension). This option is viable as long as the team has a kamihime with ATK down (e.g., Seth or Oberon).

Miracle ticket priority (Defensive build): Gaia or Seth (3rd Miracle ticket), SSR Cybele (3rd Miracle ticket), Gaia or Seth (whichever you didn’t pick first), Hastur (2nd Miracle ticket), Sol (instead of Seth)
Miracle ticket priority (Offensive Burst build): Gaia or Seth (3rd Miracle ticket), SSR Cybele (3rd Miracle ticket), Hastur (2nd Miracle ticket), Titania
Gatcha priority: SSR Cybele, Hraesvelg (+100% elemental attack eidolon), Wind Ramiel (SR), Wind Orpheus (R) in ~April 2018; Seth in ~June 2018

sanahtlig
03-04-2018, 08:26 AM
Added a section on Character attack vs. Elemental attack (https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K_dU3rCief_ajPGS9YBuVdxXBYFyCGGXAxYYyK0jzg/edit#heading=h.8zjliyhzlg7x) explaining how these terms interact in the damage formula.

Character attack vs. elemental attack
The damage formula treats character damage and elemental damage as separate terms. The formula look like this:
(1 + %character_attack) * (1 + %elemental_attack)

Sources of character attack include Assault and Pride skill, some eidolon passives, and most temporary buffs. Sources of elemental attack include eidolon passives, elemental advantage (+45/48%), Passion-type Relic weapons, and some temporary buffs (including the Kaiser Dragon summon ability).

Maximizing damage generally means raising these terms in a balanced manner. Since most developed teams will already have high character attack from stacking Assault weapons, primary and friend eidolons with elemental attack are usually optimal.

sanahtlig
03-04-2018, 08:39 AM
Added a sub-section on Weapon usage priority to the How to get strong quickly (https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K_dU3rCief_ajPGS9YBuVdxXBYFyCGGXAxYYyK0jzg/edit#heading=h.wq71feebplcc) section of the Leveling Guide.

Weapon usage priority
(LB# = # of limit breaks; SLVL = weapon skill level)
SSR dual-skill > SSR Assault > SSR Pride > SSR Defender > SR Assault > SSR (off-element)
LB3 SSR > LB1 SSR Assault = LB3 SR Assault
SR Assault SLVL10 > SSR (off-element)

sanahtlig
03-08-2018, 12:25 PM
I've updated the Burst build section (https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K_dU3rCief_ajPGS9YBuVdxXBYFyCGGXAxYYyK0jzg/edit#heading=h.27pfpkfyfct) with a comparison of various options available once Relic weapons are released, as well as caveats to using Shingen's HP Relic weapon.

sanahtlig
03-09-2018, 08:34 AM
I updated the Useful Links and Resources (https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K_dU3rCief_ajPGS9YBuVdxXBYFyCGGXAxYYyK0jzg/edit#heading=h.53371c2kgby0) section, and also added a Mission Statement (https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K_dU3rCief_ajPGS9YBuVdxXBYFyCGGXAxYYyK0jzg/edit#heading=h.sko40teeqnci) to clarify my goals.

sanahtlig
03-15-2018, 09:51 PM
Added a new Berserk build to the Advanced Build Strategies section, which makes use of Morgan's Relic Staff. Note that Miracle ticket recommendations have not yet been updated to reflect this new...

sanahtlig
03-28-2018, 04:09 PM
Adding a section describing the Rapid Burst build, which is aimed at clearing Accessory Quest Rank 5. Note that Miracle ticket recommendations have not yet been updated to reflect this new build...

sanahtlig
03-29-2018, 10:53 AM
I updated my Rerolling Guide (https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K_dU3rCief_ajPGS9YBuVdxXBYFyCGGXAxYYyK0jzg/edit#heading=h.bkfnmrchpxxo) to better steer new players towards builds that will be strong in endgame. It now includes a brief explanation of why +100% eidolons are an optimal starting point, and links players to the Team-building Guide to help them choose an element that matches their playstyle. This should provide added value over the other popular rerolling guide featured here, the advice of which is outdated.

sanahtlig
05-22-2018, 07:01 AM
Updated the Cashing priority section (https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K_dU3rCief_ajPGS9YBuVdxXBYFyCGGXAxYYyK0jzg/edit#heading=h.8vpmc9q68v04) of the Gatcha guide with Exclusive Gatcha and SSR Gatcha.

sanahtlig
08-17-2018, 11:54 AM
Updated the 4th Weapon Limit break (https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K_dU3rCief_ajPGS9YBuVdxXBYFyCGGXAxYYyK0jzg/edit#heading=h.xg82w6uhxaup) section with details on orihalcum acquisition from Guild Orders.

4th Weapon Limit Break
Introduced in September 2017 (DMM), a final limit break can be performed on certain SSR weapons using Orihalcum obtained from Guild Orders. Details can be found in a summary on Harem-Battle and on the JP wiki page for weapon limit breaks. 4th Limit Breaks don’t require an additional copy of the original weapon.

Orihalcum requirements
Advent and Kamihime weapons: 3 orihalcum
Union weapons: 2 orihalcum
Dragon Eye shop weapons: 5 orihalcum

Guild order orihalcum rewards (total)
6 points: 1 orihalcum
10 points: 2 orihalcum
18 points: 3 orihalcum
20 points: 5 orihalcum

To keep pace with Advent and Union event 4th weapon break unlocks, you’ll need about 1 orihalcum per month per element ([2.5 orihaclum/event] * [2 events/month] / [6 elements]). New Guild Orders are available every 2 weeks, or twice a month.

Orihalcum acquisition

New players (~1-3 months) can reach the 1-orihalcum tier by clearing the first two battles, yielding enough orihalcum to raise 1-2 elements.
Veteran players (at least one nearly maxed team) can reach the 2-orihalcum tier by clearing the final boss at least once, providing enough orihalcum to raise 2 elements. This includes duplicate event weapons, kamihime weapons, and Dragon Eye shop weapons. This tier is appropriate for casual players who want to invest in a single element, and doesn’t require much time investment.
Those who want to level more than 2 elements will want to aim for the 3- and 5-orihalcum tiers. These will be difficult to reach without a +100% eidolon (primary or friend), a maxed team with elemental advantage, and optimal encounter strategies.

Unregistered
08-17-2018, 03:51 PM
I think it's 3 Ori for Union and Kamihime Weapons and 2 for Advent Weapons.

Laventale
08-17-2018, 03:52 PM
Updated the 4th Weapon Limit break (https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K_dU3rCief_ajPGS9YBuVdxXBYFyCGGXAxYYyK0jzg/edit#heading=h.xg82w6uhxaup) section with details on orihalcum acquisition from Guild Orders.

Thank you so much for your hard work and welcome back.

sanahtlig
08-17-2018, 06:38 PM
I think it's 3 Ori for Union and Kamihime Weapons and 2 for Advent Weapons.
Thanks, I've updated the section accordingly.

Unregistered
08-18-2018, 12:38 AM
Thanks, I've updated the section accordingly.

Glad I could be of help. Thank you for your hard work.

Haxmo
08-19-2018, 03:36 AM
I wish I knew about levelling the skill of grails and fodder SR weapons before feeding them to your main weapons.
If you take a fodder SR weapon, worth 3.5R, level it up to skill level 4 with 6 R weapons, its value goes up to 14R.
You gain 4.5 R weapons worth! I don't think I saw this piece of info in your guide.

sanahtlig
08-19-2018, 07:27 AM
I wish I knew about levelling the skill of grails and fodder SR weapons before feeding them to your main weapons.
If you take a fodder SR weapon, worth 3.5R, level it up to skill level 4 with 6 R weapons, its value goes up to 14R.
You gain 4.5 R weapons worth! I don't think I saw this piece of info in your guide.
I thought a basic system like that would've been explained in the in-game tutorial. I guess not.

I added a new entry to the section How to get strong quickly (https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K_dU3rCief_ajPGS9YBuVdxXBYFyCGGXAxYYyK0jzg/edit#heading=h.wq71feebplcc) of my Leveling Guide to cover this topic.

Skill enhance efficiently to conserve fodder
Grails and SR weapons bearing a skill can be enhanced to raise their skill level before being used as fodder, greatly boosting the skill XP they provide. Since each enhancement can grant a maximum of one skill level, and each fodder type has a target skill level that optimizes skill XP per Rs spent, there’s an optimal combination of fodder to use at each skill level for each rarity of target weapon. Use the tables I’ve provided in my Weapon skill enhancement calculator as a guide, or use the calculator to generate your own strategy based on the fodder available to you.

sanahtlig
09-01-2018, 01:52 PM
I updated the Wind Team-building Guide (https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K_dU3rCief_ajPGS9YBuVdxXBYFyCGGXAxYYyK0jzg/edit#heading=h.tlko9odig3kl) with a build comparison and a video showing my Berserk build in action against the Wind Catastrophe.

https://youtu.be/B_j5HIjC_70

Unregistered
09-03-2018, 07:57 PM
So this is a bit silly, and this is probably public knowledge/i'm late to the party, but it might be useful to put something in the guide about the bonus of breaking 80 ap, whereas you get infinite(or rather the 100x10 100x1 per day limit) gemchas. If it's there sorry i missed it, didn't see it on my re-read so maybe splitting out that section better.

Rough math - 25 AP for the gem quest, average yield is 6300 or so, puts your gems per AP at 252, so you need 39.6 AP per 10k gems
On average, you get half-elixirs at a rate of 1% from the current gemcha, or 1 per every 10k gems spent.

So, if you have more than 80 AP, you get "free" gemcha, by spamming half elixirs on the gem event when it pops up in guerillas each day, using that for gem which then replenishes your half elixirs, and as you get more than 80 AP you start getting a net gain of half elixirs each day, plus all the fodder, +1s, and raid berries.

I know i was kicking myself when i realized it way too many levels late, it really drastically changed my grid buildout speed....

Seraphim01
09-03-2018, 08:38 PM
So this is a bit silly, and this is probably public knowledge/i'm late to the party, but it might be useful to put something in the guide about the bonus of breaking 80 ap, whereas you get infinite(or rather the 100x10 100x1 per day limit) gemchas. If it's there sorry i missed it, didn't see it on my re-read so maybe splitting out that section better..

So, you should only do this 100x10 gemcha when u have 80 ap or more?

Cobblemaniac
09-03-2018, 08:47 PM
So, you should only do this 100x10 gemcha when u have 80 ap or more?

You should ideally do it whenever you can, but the 80 AP or more applies to spamming the hell out of the 30 mins infinite gem quest for the gemcha cycle.

Seraphim01
09-03-2018, 08:58 PM
You should ideally do it whenever you can, but the 80 AP or more applies to spamming the hell out of the 30 mins infinite gem quest for the gemcha cycle.

The problem rn is i have too many things to farm while only having abit ap pot (30+). Not to mention, trivia raid event need to get the summoning mats from standard before u can host the expert mission. I still have sakura x mio event to do. So almost no ap to spare on gemcha, i think i will start doing this gemcha when my ap around 70 (should be at lvl 50 like what sana guide suggested).

Cobblemaniac
09-03-2018, 09:18 PM
The problem rn is i have too many things to farm while only having abit ap pot (30+). Not to mention, trivia raid event need to get the summoning mats from standard before u can host the expert mission. I still have sakura x mio event to do. So almost no ap to spare on gemcha, i think i will start doing this gemcha when my ap around 70 (should be at lvl 50 like what sana guide suggested).

Exactly. You're not at that point where gemcha spam profits you yet.

Save your pots for materials that help you progress quicker, and you'll know when weapon skills starts becoming your bottleneck to progress, then it's time to focus on gemcha.

Side note, run cave of gold if you can, those net you a healthy amount of XP for your girls and RP for your rank if you need a quick boost.

Seraphim01
09-03-2018, 09:22 PM
Exactly. You're not at that point where gemcha spam profits you yet.

Save your pots for materials that help you progress quicker, and you'll know when weapon skills starts becoming your bottleneck to progress, then it's time to focus on gemcha.

Side note, run cave of gold if you can, those net you a healthy amount of XP for your girls and RP for your rank if you need a quick boost.

Yeah, i will do that. Thank you once again for ur helpful suggestion.

nut
09-08-2018, 10:11 PM
Rough math - 25 AP for the gem quest, average yield is 6300 or so, puts your gems per AP at 252, so you need 39.6 AP per 10k gems
On average, you get half-elixirs at a rate of 1% from the current gemcha, or 1 per every 10k gems spent.

I recorded my last 10 day gemcha and got 67 half elixirs/11000 roll, so I doubt that 1% half elixirs rate is true or it could be my pure bad luck alone.