PDA

View Full Version : "Chrome Issues"

Lag
08-10-2017, 11:48 AM
Dear Gamers,

It has come to our attention that some compatibility issues have arisen between Kamihime Project and the latest updated version of Google Chrome 60 for PC.
We are currently investigating the situation and will resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Sincerely
The Devs

OH GAWD! I thought it was just me! No one on the forums said anything and I didnt want to. I spent days messing with stuff such as uninstalling/reinstalling chrome, updating GPU drivers, rollbacking GPU, changing OS reg settings, and whatever I could think that I already lost track of... They need to extend the event because of that.

I hate Chrome. Wish this game wasn't so laggy on Firefox.
My only bandaid was to limit Chrome's tab to 1 CPU Core so it doesnt lock your PC when you are playing, tho the game still freezes.

A workaround that I found seems to be using Chrome Beta -- https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/beta.html?platform=win64
This is for the issue of 100% CPU spikes causing the game and computer to freeze.

-------

Update:

Game Speed and Access Issues

Dear Gamers

We have received a number of inquiries from players experiencing issues with slow game speed or inability to access the game after the latest update to the PC version of Google Chrome Version 60.

Our team is currently in the process of investigating the situation.
If you are encountering this sort of issue, please try the following solutions:

1. Install「Chrome Google Canary β」
https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/canary.html

2. Install「SRWare Iron」
http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.php

3. Uninstall 『Chrome 60 for PC』and reinstall『Chrome 59 for PC』.

Thank you for your patience and continued support of Kamihime Project.

Sincerely,
The Kamihime Project Development Team

Google Canary seems to be working the best for me, for now. Chrome Beta started to have loading issues.

Pareidolia
08-10-2017, 12:09 PM
Just use a superior browser for gaming exclusively on PC
Since Chrome on it's last update started having issues I downloaded Maxthon browser and it runs better than it did when chrome was fine
Anyhow, you should just play in your phone the Advent Battles so there's no delay and such

bigblackcock
08-10-2017, 12:12 PM
not just you, had this problem since yesterday (or was it the day before yesterday?) keep freezing for a moment at random -_-
i hope they'll fix it soon, son't want it to freeze like that when i'm recording a battle or encounter episodes :O

CrimsonRunner
08-10-2017, 01:15 PM
Wait, you mean to tell me that my CPU suddenly spiking to 100% and my entire system freezing was due to kamihime and chrome having a fit? I was about to say "fuck it" and format my 1 TB worth of data just to get shit working normally again.

Aidoru
08-10-2017, 01:22 PM
Strange, I have yet to encounter any problems regarding playing this on chrome.

ShellShock
08-10-2017, 03:09 PM
And now I have same problem on Opera too...

CrimsonRunner
08-10-2017, 03:17 PM
Strange, I have yet to encounter any problems regarding playing this on chrome.

For the sake of information, I'm going to mention that I've gotten a friend to play since about 2 days ago, he's also running chrome and doesn't have the problem at all.

Dargor
08-10-2017, 07:59 PM
And now I have same problem on Opera too...

Strange, I have the problem only on chrome. I'm playing on opera now, and I have no problems at all.

Unregistered
08-10-2017, 09:11 PM
Pretty sure it's flash's fault.

Works smooth on Edge, but shit on both firefox and chrome.

help
08-12-2017, 06:09 PM
Since Tuesday i can't play SP quest "Error, go to main page" in crhome,mozilla,opera & mobile.
help me

Unregistered
08-12-2017, 09:18 PM
For the sake of information, I'm going to mention that I've gotten a friend to play since about 2 days ago, he's also running chrome and doesn't have the problem at all.

It was only on the latest chrome version I believe.

The game was running like crap (I'm a new player, so I had no idea) on my desktop's chrome. I tried my Laptop's chrome and it was running perfectly. However, last night, chrome on my laptop must've auto updated, causing the issue to appear on the laptop.

Naes
08-13-2017, 05:26 AM
I have no problem with chrome, HOWEVER. i do have a problem with the audio, and this seems like a better place than anywhere to ask, every time this game switches between combat and main menu, it makes every other tab quieter, when i close the game the other tabs get louder, when i load this game second the other tabs are louder, but when the youtube video autoplays to a new one its suddenly quiet again until kamihime project reloads.

Its really damn annoying. Anyone else know my feels or know how to fix? i tried
chrome://flags/#enable-tab-audio-muting , but that didnt help.

(also might i add that it sucks that in the sound settings muting the music, but not the voices, then toggling the master mute on and off turns the music back on, rather than reverting to the saved state it was before)

bigblackcock
08-13-2017, 11:10 AM
i see some members saying that chrome works fine with no issue..
did your chrome got auto-updated as well or is it a little older version?
also, hear som members talking about opera browser, is the game works there fine with no lag or freezing?
never heard about this browser so i want to know if it's worth using or not :O

Pareidolia
08-13-2017, 12:15 PM
i see some members saying that chrome works fine with no issue..
did your chrome got auto-updated as well or is it a little older version?
also, hear som members talking about opera browser, is the game works there fine with no lag or freezing?
never heard about this browser so i want to know if it's worth using or not :O

Chrome doesn't work at all in the latest 60 patch, it was going smoothly on the version 52 but I installed the latest without knowing it was buggy, anyhow Opera isn't nearly as good as chrome or maxthon for Kamihime, It drops frames and is laggy overall

bigblackcock
08-13-2017, 12:19 PM
Chrome doesn't work at all in the latest 60 patch, it was going smoothly on the version 52 but I installed the latest without knowing it was buggy, anyhow Opera isn't nearly as good as chrome or maxthon for Kamihime, It drops frames and is laggy overall

yup, just checked opera and it seen like it was laggy and sometimes it did freeze like the latest update of chrome.
is the game works well in maxthon? or maybe there is a way to get the older version of chrome without being updated automatically later?

Pareidolia
08-13-2017, 01:47 PM
yup, just checked opera and it seen like it was laggy and sometimes it did freeze like the latest update of chrome.
is the game works well in maxthon? or maybe there is a way to get the older version of chrome without being updated automatically later?

I'm currently using Maxthon and it runs better than Chrome used to, but if you prefer there's a lot of old chrome versions there in the web, not that I know a legitimate way of getting one without getting malware but you could try and search on Google with your antivirus on

Lag
08-13-2017, 03:38 PM
Riight now, I am giving Chrome Beta (Version 61.0.3163.39) a try. https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/beta.html?platform=win64 [Windows 64-bit]

I've been playing for 10 mins so far and have not seen a 100% CPU spike other than the first time I loaded the game on it. So far, so good.
I'll post an update after a while.

EDIT: The game seems to be working in this version just fine. :D

sanahtlig
08-13-2017, 04:28 PM
I've been using Opera for a while. Works fine (or at least, as well as poorly-programmed browser games ever work), and it's convenient for putting KamiPro in its own window separate from the rest of my Chrome web browsing.

nervehammer
08-13-2017, 08:58 PM
I tried downloading Chrome beta and now Kamipro is now running without any lag or CPU on Chrom Beta.

bigblackcock
08-13-2017, 09:04 PM
Riight now, I am giving Chrome Beta (Version 61.0.3163.39) a try. https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/beta.html?platform=win64 [Windows 64-bit]

I've been playing for 10 mins so far and have not seen a 100% CPU spike other than the first time I loaded the game on it. So far, so good.

thanks, now the game is running just fine :D

AutoCrimson
08-14-2017, 01:32 AM
idk, im using chrome (aka stupidiest memory allocation, named by "stability"), opera (aka free vpn-anonimizer), firefox (aka "we moved the comma in that sentence, please download our brand new fixed version"), and even edge (aka explorer nostalgia), and neither of em have had any troubles.

chrome is good if u have enough ram, otherwise i'd suggest to use opera

Kitty
08-14-2017, 06:30 AM

you are a god.. my game has been laggy since day 1 of starting.. in battles, everything loading so slow.. assumed it's my slow and old ass laptop.. but i guess it was chrome .. tried this chrome beta and battles are SO much more smooth.. before it was so choppy and the fps were so low compared to like...watching battles in youtube, it looks so much more faster there.. but.. now it's like i'm finally good :D
really, everyone complaining about this new chrome update making them laggy.. well they felt my pain for a short while, i had it always.. and probably worse.. thank you ヽ(・∀・)ノ

Unregistered
08-15-2017, 03:11 AM
Hi, For anyone having the issue, you can download the Mobile browser emulator for chrome.
simply search "mobile browser emulator for PC" then you can download the add on on to chrome and
Run this game by mobile version.
I have been playing this game on mobile version since it have issue with chrome.
Happy trying

HoroBoro
08-15-2017, 06:06 PM
Yep - used edge, problem solved

bigblackcock
08-16-2017, 12:11 PM
Hi, For anyone having the issue, you can download the Mobile browser emulator for chrome.
simply search "mobile browser emulator for PC" then you can download the add on on to chrome and
Run this game by mobile version.
I have been playing this game on mobile version since it have issue with chrome.
Happy trying

nice, the game isn't freezing and not stuck with that loading screen, but is there a way to make the screen bigger?

Yep - used edge, problem solved

is edge works fine now?
i remember when i started to play the game it crashed a lot and that why i started to play in chrome to begin with.
worked just fine till last update :O

Vanadis
08-16-2017, 07:08 PM
from discord:

for those who still have issues with kh's momentarily freeze because of the newest chrome ver. 60 and is too lazy to downgrade it heres a solution:
1. Login to your Nutaku Account
2. Start Kami Pro and enter game
3. Open new Browser Tab
4. Paste this link and press enter:
cf.r.kamihimeproject.dmmgames.com/front/cocos2d-proj/components-pc/top/app.html#!
While using .com simply change the cf.r to cf.g

Slashley
08-19-2017, 02:26 AM
Welp, I finally crashed and my Chrome auto-updated to v60. Aaaand here we go, playing Kamihime is now a terrible experience. Lesson learned, hard-removing google auto-updater is necessary.

Constant 100% CPU spikes, often just getting stuck in "Now Loading..." screens.

EDIT: The game seems to be working in this version just fine. :DNewest version 61.0.3163.49 no longer works :^)

I have a feeling they're doing it on purpose. Harming flash, that is. Not exactly targeting Kamihime, but.

So, moving to Opera isn't really an option either. I still use Opera12 as much as I can, which isn't much these days. Any Opera above that is just Chrome - they have no control over the core of the browser. This problem WILL start to happen in Opera as well.

All I can find for Chrome v59 are people linking the goddamn Google servers, which only hosts the newest version. I don't have Edge, and I most certainly don't want to use a mobile browser emulation. This:
from discord:

for those who still have issues with kh's momentarily freeze because of the newest chrome ver. 60 and is too lazy to downgrade it heres a solution:
1. Login to your Nutaku Account
2. Start Kami Pro and enter game
3. Open new Browser Tab
4. Paste this link and press enter:
cf.r.kamihimeproject.dmmgames.com/front/cocos2d-proj/components-pc/top/app.html#!
While using .com simply change the cf.r to cf.gDoesn't seem to do anything. Not sure what is it supposed to do, run the game from DMM servers?

So... anyone got a link to Chrome v59? Or some other permanent solution.

EDIT: Well, got it from slimjet.
Then there was an hour long struggle to get my old shit back online in v59. Because of "OH NO YOU'VE USED NEWER VERSION OF CHROME THAT'S NOT GOOD NOW EVERYTHING IS BROKEN AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT"
Eventually, found a way to get everything out except saved passwords. Good enough, I guess.

qti
08-19-2017, 11:02 AM
I already try all browser and he only what more or less work fine for me is firefox ver 55.0.2.(64bits) Edge Chome Comodo Dragon Opera Next all other browser he game crash or freeze to me.

CrimsonRunner
08-19-2017, 01:27 PM
Have tried latest chrome, chrome beta, lastest mozilla and chrome canary myself. From those, only Canary works properly for me, flawlessly even.

Stway
08-19-2017, 01:39 PM
Have tried latest chrome, chrome beta, lastest mozilla and chrome canary myself. From those, only Canary works properly for me, flawlessly even.

Wait what, I'm using Canary and it still crashes and hangs. Did you change anything in "chrome:flags" or just leave everything default?

Lag
08-19-2017, 03:47 PM
Wait what, I'm using Canary and it still crashes and hangs. Did you change anything in "chrome:flags" or just leave everything default?

I just installed Canary (at version 62.0.3190.0) and logged in as is and it seemed to be working flawless for me as well.

But you never know, that version of Chrome gets changed and updated so fast things can break and get fixed at any time.

Why must we suffer so to play a game?

asianstuff
08-20-2017, 05:31 AM
I really do hope that this issue get fixed soon because if they don't find a solid solution, the rest of the Raid Events is gonna be a nightmare. Let alone playing the game regularly.

Stway
08-20-2017, 06:41 AM
I just installed Canary (at version 62.0.3190.0) and logged in as is and it seemed to be working flawless for me as well.

But you never know, that version of Chrome gets changed and updated so fast things can break and get fixed at any time.

Why must be suffer so to play a game?

Yea, Canary is updated daily so it could happen anytime lol. It doesn't hang for me anymore, but it still crashes (mostly in raids) if I try to use skills and attack too fast.

Blueguy
09-05-2017, 07:49 PM
61 is out and the game is running buttery smooth now. So glad to be back on Chrome.
So fast the tips while loading don't even populate.

MagicSpice
02-03-2018, 06:34 PM
i got issues with chrome right now where things run a bit laggy...

and it's worse if i try to record any vids of the game...

Unregistered
02-04-2018, 01:17 AM
i got issues with chrome right now where things run a bit laggy...

and it's worse if i try to record any vids of the game...

Jup, newest chrome update makes Chrome often crash for me.

VeryVoodoo
02-04-2018, 05:41 AM
There is definitely some memory leak issue for like the last week or so, where you'll notice your chrome process eating up all your memory to eventually crash after awhile. So far the only way is to keep closing and re-opening the browser/game (or use a different browser I guess). I sent in a support ticket several days ago and they sent me their generic answer saying to clear cache/cookies, turn off adblockers and such, so they may not even believe it's an issue. Maybe if more of the ppl that are having issues also sent in support tickets, they might realize it's not an isolated issue and try to fix it.

CrimsonRunner
02-04-2018, 06:36 AM
Hey, I accidentally upgraded my chrome by going to chrome://help to check the version and it auto-updated.
So I went to find a solution and after going through several websites to check for older version installers, I finally found one doing the job.
LINK (http://www.filepuma.com/download/google_chrome_64bit_63.0.3239.84-17486/)
Also, I installed it with my connection disabled, no idea if that actually matters.

Slashley
02-04-2018, 06:59 AM
Chrome always auto-updates, if you want to stop it from doing that, you'll need to remove the updater .exe from your computer.

CrimsonRunner
02-04-2018, 09:03 AM
Been on v63 for a couple days now, only got it updated because it automatically checks for new version when going to chrome://help (where I wanted to check my version). Speaking of which, you can check it without updating on chrome://version

Now I'm on v63 again, and have been for the past 2-3 hours.

AgentFakku
02-06-2018, 04:43 PM
I have Chrome issues too

though, DMM Aigis and FKG play fine