PDA

View Full Version : The Problem with Harem Hero Events - And A Potential Solution

NinjaW
08-17-2017, 07:56 PM
For those who don't know, Harem Heroes has Events held every few months. So far, eight have been held:

Xmas 2016 Event
Valentines Day 2016 Event
Spring Break 2017 Event
Easter 2017 Event
Festival 2017 Event
Music Party 2017 Event
Summer 2017 Event
Sexy Journey 2017 Event

With each events comes a handful of girls. One of them is unlocked through completing 12 of the 14 events available throughout the two week long event, and the others are locked through Epic Pachinko (although a few can been collected through bosses). All well and good until one little detail comes into play...

Once the event is over, these girls are lost forever.

That changes these events completely. Thanks to that, the events turn from fun time-to-time activities to encourage players to both join and come back into a ransom note forcing players to spend large sums of real world money for a chance to get this content before it's gone for good.

And it's the gone for good part that bothers me. I get the need for them to get money from players. The game is free, and this is how they pay the bills and feed themselves. But do you really need to put a time limit on my ability to gamble? If you didn't know, paying up the Kobans may not net you the event girl. Because all the normal girls are still in the rotation, and still have a chance to be the drop. And Epic Pachinko isn't cheap, either. In fact, allow me to give you the conversion of United States Currency to the game's premium currency:

20 Kobans = $1
100 Kobans = $5
220 Kobans = $10
460 Kobans = $20
1,200 Kobans = $50
2,600 Kobans = $100

Those are the available bundles you can buy. So, you'll need a minimum of $5 if you want an event girl. Since each event has at least 3 girls exclusive to Epic Pachinko, this would mean a minimum of $15. If your luck is fantastic. But what if it isn't? Well, to GUARANTEE something for your money, that'll now be a much more hefty $105. And that's assuming you don't get a normie dropped or that the event doesn't have more girls exclusive to Epic Pachinko

What's the damage of this? Harem Heroes is now a game where more than 2/3rds of the content is forever unobtainable because you didn't have money when they wanted it (hence why I'm calling events a ransom note). And that's no exaggeration - of the 83 haremettes in the game, 51 of them can no longer be obtained because they were event exclusive. And 43 of them were either boss drops or Epic Pachinko rewards. So if they were locked in a world you couldn't reach in time or if you didn't have money to spare, too bad. Does it not matter to the devs that the first thing you learn when you check out the harem page is that you can't get 61% of the game's characters already? That has to be discouraging for new players.

And I don't want to be saying this about this game. Harem Heroes is otherwise a great example of a Free-To-Play game. The Basic Currency (Yen, or the dollar notes) has an actual use and is mostly independent of the premium currency (Kobans). I'm more so concerned about the game being long-term playable. The ratio of collectible to lost-forever girls will only increase, making it harder for new players to get in and could very well cause long term players to leave.

However since complaining about something without attempting to offer a solution is... unproductive (to say the least), I do have a possible solution or two.

The most obvious solution is just put every girl behind Epic Pachinko, but I personally would rather the next suggestion be the one taken. But if it's not possible, this would still be better than nothing.

However, I think I have a better (albeit more complex) solution: Event Boosters and The Black Market

The Event Booster would be a booster tied to a specific event. The idea would be that when one completes one of the Daily Missions, they receive their Kobans and a single Event Booster. They could then trade enough of them in to the Black Market for a girl from the event. These items could then become incredibly rare boss drops (About on par with a girl being dropped) or something the player can buy from the Black Market strictly with Kobans - I was thinking 40 a piece outside an event. The "Event Idol" (Cupid-Chan, Flight Assistant, Mountain Sophie, etc) would cost 15 Event Boosters outside of an event. An "Event Girl" (a unique character like Bunny's Mom) would cost 10 Event Boosters outside of an event. An "Event Variation" (a new version of a haremette already in the game like Halloween Housemaid) Can only be gotten through Epic Pachinko. Although they'd remain as a collectible drop from Epic Pachinko, the odds of them being the drop would greatly improve if one plays during an event; at no point could a variation be collected through the Black Market.

During an event, Event Boosters would cost a little less (Costing 30 Kobans instead of 40) and all event girls would cost 3 less Boosters than usual. (The Idols cost 12, and the Girls cost 7).

Okay, here's an example of these Ideas being put into Practice.

Halloween Festival 2017

Saki Mato [Event Idol] (A witch with an Eye patch, purple eyes and purple hair in a pony tail. This character would be a parody of Mio Sakamoto from Strike Witches
Trick-Tan [Event Girl] (A Sexy and "Mischievous" trick-or-treater. Adult, obviously)
Treat-San [Event Girl] (A Cute and Polite trick-or-treater. Also and Adult, obviously)
Shadow Noemy [Event Variation] (A "evil" costume for Noemy. A parody of Paper Mario 2 for when Peach was possessed by the Shadow Queen)
Twilight Agate [Event Variation] (Agate with bright orange hair, but pale-blue skin and clothes. A reference to the human form of Midna from Twilight Princess
Blue Battler [Event Variation] (Red Battler, but with a blue motif instead.)

You can take part in the daily mission of the event - Never Ending Treats - for this Event Booster (Heart-Shape Lollipop). By the end of the 14 days, you can get up to 14 Heart-Shaped Lollipops without having to buy them. If you head to the shop before then end of the event, you could either get the Event Idol and have 2 left over, or get the two event girls but have to save up even more to get the Event Idol (since the price will jump up to 15 after the event and they'll get more expensive to boot). Shadow Noemy, Twilight Agate, and Blue Battler would be available in Epic Pachinko during and after the event, but your best bet of getting them is during the event itself.

Instead of dropping girls, the two modified bosses (Usually Dark Lord and some other boss) will have a decent chance of dropping an Event Booster instead of having to drop girls.

The Black Market would always offer 8 Random Event Boosters for sale. During an event, one will always be the event, but it could be from any previous event.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, is this even possible? Is there any way the devs could make these girls available so they're not forever lost because you didn't have the money for them in the two weeks they offered them?

MuljoStpho
08-17-2017, 09:17 PM
Sounds like a solid plan to me. Maybe the devs would have some balancing concerns with:
{the costs and drop rates} VS {free kobans from event missions (or is your idea replacing those with the free event boosters?) and free kobans from the occasional other daily mission and free kobans from contests top 4 results} VS {still wanting people to actually buy kobans from time to time on top of that}

But there's definitely some potential here.

NinjaW
08-17-2017, 10:20 PM
Sounds like a solid plan to me. Maybe the devs would have some balancing concerns with:
{the costs and drop rates} VS {free kobans from event missions (or is your idea replacing those with the free event boosters?) and free kobans from the occasional other daily mission and free kobans from contests top 4 results} VS {still wanting people to actually buy kobans from time to time on top of that}

But there's definitely some potential here.

I'd be fine with that. My big thing would just being so that way there's a way to get the content of the game.

MuljoStpho
08-17-2017, 10:59 PM
I seem to recall though that there was one dev who posted on here at some point something along the lines of being absolutely against ever making any event girls available again after their original event run... Although in that same post it was acknowledged that the other devs didn't feel the same way. Obviously the other devs at least gave enough pushback on the idea to offer everything up again for the game's 1 year anniversary, but that was still just a short term offer and (to put it in the same terms you did) a massive ransom note. Here's hoping that they can settle on some sort of more permanent feature.

Shad0w
08-18-2017, 02:21 AM
I'm not a fan of the concept of event boosters. Every event, most players are only interested in one or two girls. Allowing them to obtain them for free removes any incentive to spend real money on the game. What you're currently suggesting would allow players to obtain two event girls for each event. The event idol isn't the popular girl anyways and it's usually the troll drops/Epic Pachinko drops that players would want in the first place.On top of that, your suggestion would essentially allow anyone to obtain past girls if they wait long enough without having to spend a significant amount of money. This would reduce Epic Pachinko drops to costing 600 kobans instead of 900 kobans AND allow users to select who they want, which is ludicrous.

The current system rewards players for spending kobans and obtaining past girls in the first place and your suggestion would essentially punish older players for having spent money, while rewarding free players and essentially encouraging all players not to spend money/spend very little money on the game.

The team would basically have very little overall income if players were to obtain the 2 girls they cared about for the event in the first place for free. The game would not be self-sustainable and continue to take a loss. Please keep in mind that the game developers are working on the game full-time.

My personal preference would be to bring back each event's specific girls in the form that the original appeared while introducing a new wave girls. This would give older players something to go for while giving new players access to the event's past girls+ new girls. There would be two event every year, once during the anniversary and once during the New Year, where players would be able to obtain past event girls through a special Pachinko for kobans at the standard costs.

This would continue to keep the game self-sustainable while keeping everyone happy.

Unregistered
08-18-2017, 11:41 AM
"allow users to select who they want"

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

"This would continue to keep the game self-sustainable while keeping everyone happy. "

People are NOT happy with the current format though. I'm sure that many would rather just ignore pachinko-only girls instead of shelling out the prices currently being asked for. And while we understand that RNG is a harsh mistress and sometimes the luck just isn't with you, it still stings when you get a bad streak.

"The event idol isn't the popular girl anyways"

I don't know about that. I consider them to be the saving grace of the event format. The very first event didn't have that yet and it was only the troll drops and the pachinko drops. It was kind of nice in the events after that where you know that you've got at least one girl guaranteed no matter what happens with the RNG.

And aside from that point, well...
1) personal taste, we've each got our own kinks, different people will find different designs more interesting
2) possibly the utility factor of whether or not the girl is the same main stat as your profile (which determines if she's a viable choice for your lineup since, from everything I've seen, you always get better stats from picking the gear and girls that match your type)

Unregistered
08-18-2017, 11:47 AM
((Granted, point 2 is iffy in the game's current state. The battle system is usually pretty okay for you even in the worst conditions, and then at some point you start to seriously overpower almost everything you'll ever go up against. I'm curious to see what things will be like after the big re-balance that they've been saying is coming up.))

NinjaW
08-18-2017, 12:35 PM
I'm not a fan of the concept of event boosters. Every event, most players are only interested in one or two girls. Allowing them to obtain them for free removes any incentive to spend real money on the game. What you're currently suggesting would allow players to obtain two event girls for each event. The event idol isn't the popular girl anyways and it's usually the troll drops/Epic Pachinko drops that players would want in the first place.On top of that, your suggestion would essentially allow anyone to obtain past girls if they wait long enough without having to spend a significant amount of money. This would reduce Epic Pachinko drops to costing 600 kobans instead of 900 kobans AND allow users to select who they want, which is ludicrous.

The current system rewards players for spending kobans and obtaining past girls in the first place and your suggestion would essentially punish older players for having spent money, while rewarding free players and essentially encouraging all players not to spend money/spend very little money on the game.

The team would basically have very little overall income if players were to obtain the 2 girls they cared about for the event in the first place for free. The game would not be self-sustainable and continue to take a loss. Please keep in mind that the game developers are working on the game full-time.

My personal preference would be to bring back each event's specific girls in the form that the original appeared while introducing a new wave girls. This would give older players something to go for while giving new players access to the event's past girls+ new girls. There would be two event every year, once during the anniversary and once during the New Year, where players would be able to obtain past event girls through a special Pachinko for kobans at the standard costs.

This would continue to keep the game self-sustainable while keeping everyone happy.

Could you provide any proof that no one wants the event idol and only two girls? Or are you projecting your interests onto the entire player base?

Greetingz
08-18-2017, 09:30 PM
They already did an "anniversary" event making every girl come back from every event they did so far, including limited girls into Epic pachinko.

So that basicly "Lost ever" is already a lie. And let's make the real call outs. You are missing girls and want more, yet you're either a new player, a veteran that has been unlucky. Or either just a cry baby. You have either a entirely different mind set that you're obviously posting here. So stop being selfish and look at the real facts :)

NinjaW
08-19-2017, 09:01 AM
They already did an "anniversary" event making every girl come back from every event they did so far, including limited girls into Epic pachinko.

So that basicly "Lost ever" is already a lie. And let's make the real call outs. You are missing girls and want more, yet you're either a new player, a veteran that has been unlucky. Or either just a cry baby. You have either a entirely different mind set that you're obviously posting here. So stop being selfish and look at the real facts :)

God forbid I have criticisms of a game. But if you want me to fuck off, I will - Because while I'd love to counter and respond to your claims here, I'd rather just be told I'm not welcome here.

DrQuatsch
08-19-2017, 11:20 AM
First off, I like how you think out of the box and try to make it possible for new players to get the older event girls (though you forget the Halloween event, even though that event was in a different format :P)

Personally I don't like the idea of the black market and the tickets. Right now it punishes old paying players for having paid for the girls.
And to be honest, you don't want to make paying players feel that they are punished.

However, I wasn't a big fan of the anniversary event. I think everybody has a couple of favourite event girls out there, that they couldn't get, yet it was highly unlikely to get the girl(s) you actually wanted with all of them in there.

I like the event booster tickets though. During an anniversary like event, I'd like it if I could get some kind of booster for a certain event so that when I spin the pachinko, I have a bigger chance on the girls from that event (still RNG, but at least you increase the odds).

Shad0w
08-20-2017, 01:23 PM
Could you provide any proof that no one wants the event idol and only two girls? Or are you projecting your interests onto the entire player base?

The event idol isn't the popular girl anyways and it's usually the troll drops/Epic Pachinko drops that players would want in the first place. L2R

People are NOT happy with the current format though. I'm sure that many would rather just ignore pachinko-only girls instead of shelling out the prices currently being asked for. And while we understand that RNG is a harsh mistress and sometimes the luck just isn't with you, it still stings when you get a bad streak.

"Some" free players aren't happy with the current format. If you're playing enough, you will almost certainly get the event girls. It takes work to get some things in life.

I don't know about that. I consider them to be the saving grace of the event format. The very first event didn't have that yet and it was only the troll drops and the pachinko drops. It was kind of nice in the events after that where you know that you've got at least one girl guaranteed no matter what happens with the RNG.

Isn't the popular girl =/= no guaranteed event girl

DrQuatsch - I suggested to Jessie a booster that could be purchased for Kobans that would increase the drop rate of event girls by a bit for the duration of the event. Your idea works too!

The F2P posts here remind me of other F2P posts in games. There's always the crowd of free players that "suggest" ideas that would essentially give them whatever they want (the premium content), without having to spend money. It's a thinly veiled suggestion. Just be upfront about it and say, hey, I don't want to spend much money, but I want all the awesome premium content that everyone else has to pay for.

OP basically deflected on the key points that I mentioned.

God forbid I have criticisms of a game.

I think Greetingz wants you to offer constructive criticism of the game, not basically you saying that you want to have a way to obtain premium content without having to spend the money.

sniddy
08-21-2017, 02:11 PM
Please don't feed the trolls

Given building the Harem is 'the game' and there is no end game content being able to channel energy into any kind of farming would be nice too.

And the idea of perma locked content doesn't sit well with me either, yes the dev can open the vault whenever they like but a more structured way would be appreciated - I'd rather not have everything koban locked - and hopefully part of the rethink will vist the cost/koban ratio

Perhaps after a time, or once a world is farmed out the bosses could drop tokens, and these tokens in time could be traded for old event girls....so say you wanted event girl X, boss Y drops the tokens, you need to farm all 3 girls then say 3 tokens....as rare as a girl drop...to get 1 girl

LOT of work, but end game....

Eversor86
08-21-2017, 08:05 PM
They could just do re-issue events and/or perma re-issue events like FKG does. Those don't hurt old players, nor they hurt whales. They actually help all players including whales to get content they missed, and having just re-issues on the side of main events doesn't hurt whales who got everything before. As long as you don't think letting new people get old content hurts old players cause the had stuff you don't just cause they got into game faster.

Hek - it could actually bring more revenue for devs. We have so much events, that F2P cant really spin 900 kobans pachinko for girl each event, add the fact that there is more than 1 girl and that you need luck to get event girls (if you didn't farm all troll normal girls before-hand), and you end up with situation where its actually harder for F2P people to get premium content girls, which could force more of them to go whales and buy kobans to spin more times. Just having re-issue events side-to-side with normal events could force some "stamina" refilling for having more chances to get event girls from trolls (for new people mostly).

Thats just my idea of solving this "old content not available anymore" problem. Thou personally I find HH premium content to be to damn expensive for me to even care about it, but it would let me get F2P stuff I possibly missed.

Unregistered
08-22-2017, 01:17 AM
We're ALL "free" players in this. There's no subscription service. It's entirely voluntary if and when we choose to support the devs a bit with a purchase. An argument could be made though that more people might feel like paying and/or people might feel like paying more often if the prices were lower...

Regardless, those who would prefer not to pay do know that there's a selection of content that they just won't be getting. (At least not often. There are some free kobans that we can chase after and slowly save up.) The devs will handle that portion of the game in whatever way they feel makes the most business sense for them, we'll grumble about it a bit because it doesn't look too good from our end, but ultimately many of us will mostly ignore that portion of the game since it would be too absurd to be a completionist about it.

Ideas are thrown around, offered up for the devs' consideration, trying to smooth over the RNG of the standard portion of the game. The part that doesn't require kobans, just time. Random is random, of course. If the odds of something are 1 out of 100, in theory it should take around 100 rolls to get it but you'll have some players getting it at roll number 97 or 103 or 85 or 125 or 21 or 842 or whatever. The majority should fall closer to 100, but there will be outliers.

Anyway, I don't know what the chances are for girls to drop. I think I saw a post saying around 1 in 300? But sometimes you get on the low end of the curve and amazing luck delivers to you one or perhaps even both event drops (plus maybe even a non-event drop) all within the first day or two of the event, and sometimes you get on the high end of the curve and abysmal luck sees you trying dozens upon dozens of times every single day through the entire run of the event without any drops at all. And it is extremely frustrating when you're on that high end of the curve.

It is for those rougher streaks of bad luck that people propose ideas like "pity counters" to alter the chances after multiple failed attempts or "event token" drops to collect with better drop chances than the instant-win drop but needing to save up a bunch of them before you can use those to purchase that drop. Ideally the balance on such an idea would be that it will not take much longer to get the drop from this "shortcut" than it ought to take for an average case of lucking out on the instant-win drop right around the expected number of attempts. (Perhaps even aiming for a balance where you could realistically only expect to earn enough tokens for one of the two that you're trying to get from the bosses, still relying on luck to instant-win the other one.) A case of better luck on getting the girl to drop will see that result before the alternative can be used. The alternative would exist for the case where someone just isn't having that kind of luck.

Now this topic's original post does try suggest a way to revamp all aspects of the game into a more unified bigger picture, meaning that it is tinkering with both the "premium" and the "standard".... I think? Wait, no, he specifically said that some girls would continue to be pachinko exclusive (but they'd always be possible drops and they'd just be much more likely to drop from the pachinko during their event than they are outside of it) and the "black market" selection would be limited to the event girls who are NOT designated as pachinko exclusives. So the divide between "premium" content and "standard" content is still there.

Anyway, since the idea suggested a token reward/drop which would also be possible to pay kobans for, the balance of all the costs and drop rates of such a plan would be subject to heavy scrutiny by the devs if they consider it. They might have their own ideas about how much things should cost and how hard it should be to save up the tokens to buy something, as well as whether or not they'd agree with the topic creator's idea to draw a line where event variations of existing girls would be pachinko exclusive and only the brand new girls would appear in the black market (maybe the devs would want it the other way around as thanks for those who do buy kobans).

I'm pretty sure the topic creator gets that his values are examples and up for debate, that they're not an absolute final word on what should be used.

Kuronare
08-22-2017, 04:24 AM
We're ALL "free" players in this. There's no subscription service. It's entirely voluntary if and when we choose to support the devs a bit with a purchase. An argument could be made though that more people might feel like paying and/or people might feel like paying more often if the prices were lower...

Regardless, those who would prefer not to pay do know that there's a selection of content that they just won't be getting. (At least not often. There are some free kobans that we can chase after and slowly save up.) The devs will handle that portion of the game in whatever way they feel makes the most business sense for them, we'll grumble about it a bit because it doesn't look too good from our end, but ultimately many of us will mostly ignore that portion of the game since it would be too absurd to be a completionist about it.

Ideas are thrown around, offered up for the devs' consideration, trying to smooth over the RNG of the standard portion of the game. The part that doesn't require kobans, just time. Random is random, of course. If the odds of something are 1 out of 100, in theory it should take around 100 rolls to get it but you'll have some players getting it at roll number 97 or 103 or 85 or 125 or 21 or 842 or whatever. The majority should fall closer to 100, but there will be outliers.

Anyway, I don't know what the chances are for girls to drop. I think I saw a post saying around 1 in 300? But sometimes you get on the low end of the curve and amazing luck delivers to you one or perhaps even both event drops (plus maybe even a non-event drop) all within the first day or two of the event, and sometimes you get on the high end of the curve and abysmal luck sees you trying dozens upon dozens of times every single day through the entire run of the event without any drops at all. And it is extremely frustrating when you're on that high end of the curve.

It is for those rougher streaks of bad luck that people propose ideas like "pity counters" to alter the chances after multiple failed attempts or "event token" drops to collect with better drop chances than the instant-win drop but needing to save up a bunch of them before you can use those to purchase that drop. Ideally the balance on such an idea would be that it will not take much longer to get the drop from this "shortcut" than it ought to take for an average case of lucking out on the instant-win drop right around the expected number of attempts. (Perhaps even aiming for a balance where you could realistically only expect to earn enough tokens for one of the two that you're trying to get from the bosses, still relying on luck to instant-win the other one.) A case of better luck on getting the girl to drop will see that result before the alternative can be used. The alternative would exist for the case where someone just isn't having that kind of luck.

Now this topic's original post does try suggest a way to revamp all aspects of the game into a more unified bigger picture, meaning that it is tinkering with both the "premium" and the "standard".... I think? Wait, no, he specifically said that some girls would continue to be pachinko exclusive (but they'd always be possible drops and they'd just be much more likely to drop from the pachinko during their event than they are outside of it) and the "black market" selection would be limited to the event girls who are NOT designated as pachinko exclusives. So the divide between "premium" content and "standard" content is still there.

Anyway, since the idea suggested a token reward/drop which would also be possible to pay kobans for, the balance of all the costs and drop rates of such a plan would be subject to heavy scrutiny by the devs if they consider it. They might have their own ideas about how much things should cost and how hard it should be to save up the tokens to buy something, as well as whether or not they'd agree with the topic creator's idea to draw a line where event variations of existing girls would be pachinko exclusive and only the brand new girls would appear in the black market (maybe the devs would want it the other way around as thanks for those who do buy kobans).

I'm pretty sure the topic creator gets that his values are examples and up for debate, that they're not an absolute final word on what should be used.

For the most part, I concur with what was stated here.

After grasping the basic understanding of the OP's suggestion through his example, I find myself in disagreement with his solution. However, I do not feel that he is 1) a cry-baby, and 2) selfish. I don't want to start anything, but I only see Greetingz' statement on the matter as being fairly openly antagonistic against a user who IS sharing constructive criticism. Both share a mutual passion, as do we all. Where else would this thread come from if not out of passion and a yearning to see the game do well? Let's not create a divide between one another with callus remarks, but rather appreciate and encourage cordial debate. (This is one of the few reasons many, including myself, have left and no longer participate in the Harem Heroes Discord.)

There is certainly a difference between, as you said, "premium" and "standard" content with the OP's suggestion. A user will still need to purchase kobans to try their luck with the exclusive epic pachinko haremettes while also needing to play the game to obtain the event exclusive girls. His approach aligns with the already existing format, albeit differently.

I look forward to the recently announced changes and seeing what approach Kinkoid will take in regards to this matter - if any at all. I for one would prefer to see a redesign in terms of level balance and drop rates. The rumored inclusion of guilds also intrigues me from a community point of view. Perhaps the inclusion of an in-game chat as well?

Icemanfrost
08-22-2017, 10:03 AM
This is my two cents. I think it should be more reasonable the price. If they asked maybe 1-5 or 5-10 bucks for an epic girl than in the long term, they will make more money than in the short term. If the prices are too high, you are losing potential customers. It's not that people have to pay that bother them. I myself pay the Patron each month. It's the insane amount.

It's true a bunch of content is locked away that most of the community will never see. It's just hard to justify 1000 Korbans for 10 spins. Most of the gear, I can't use. Then I view the new singles scene once. (There really should be a feature to save the image when you unlock girls so you can go back to look at their scenes) Once I got 1200 Korbans. I spent it on epic spin 10x I didn't feel like I got my money worth. Those Korbans were given to me via promotion 300 each for however long you are active. If I spent actual money on it. I'd be unhappy with the return.

I know people have to make money. I get that it's not cheap. My suggestion is this. You are missing out on let's say 500 customers who might never buy due to high price. What happens if we lower price to even 5 bucks for 10x spins.Those people also potentially possible they'll support on Patron and become loyal customers that are the real value there. People who weren't buying before are now buying. It might take longer, those customers will be happier. Chances are the more popular this becomes the more content it can create. You can make some money in short term, but in my humble opinion, you'll make much more with lower prices.

Eversor86
08-22-2017, 10:30 AM
This is my two cents. I think it should be more reasonable the price.

I agree that having epic pachinko spins cheaper would be better, cause as its now you pay a lot for premium content aka girls cause the items dropped by pachinko you can buy or get from contests. What girls give you is 4 pieces of small "avatars" images and 3 upgrading scenes. They also give you 1 more girl of course and a bunch of cash/h. But at least for now, till the tomorrows supposed big update, cash/h is useless for old players that already maxed they upgrades.

So you basically pay 900 kobans which is quite a bit of real world money to get a single guaranteed girl, chances to spin them on a single pull are probably little to none. And the girl gives you just few pictures, nearly no story at all, one more cash button to press (which could be considered a hindrance if before and after update cash will be useless for longer players). FKG game I mentioned in my solution to OP's problem gives you 6* girls for cheaper (especially on promo deals), you can often actually choose which one you want (as you get a ticket to exchange in the shop), and you get a girl thats better than 5* and lower girls you get from events/normal gacha spins, you get a normal proper h-scene with voice-over, and a bit of story in that scene, and when they translate and add character quests you get even more story/personality of that "wifu". We will see what the big update brings, but for now for me at least what HH "premium content" gives isn't worth my time/money.

(There really should be a feature to save the image when you unlock girls so you can go back to look at their scenes)

All the images you can access whenever you want, they aren't like you suggest a one-time stuff. You just go to harem portion of game and select the girl you wanna revisit the upgrade scenes and click on the 3 stars next to "Affection" label. Heck, you can actually save the images too, just right and "save image as". Doesn't save text, but saves the image.

Icemanfrost
08-22-2017, 10:50 AM
I read some where vaguely the reason for not proving a way to save the girl sex scenes in a photo gallery like other games have. They don't want it to get "too much unwanted attention" this is an...

soviras
08-22-2017, 03:29 PM
I read some where vaguely the reason for not proving a way to save the girl sex scenes in a photo gallery like other games have. They don't want it to get "too much unwanted attention" this is an adult game. I firmly believe we are mature enough to have the images saved in a neat little photo gallery without having to resort to saving the image to the PC. This is a mature game. I don't know why certain people would be offended by it.

You can already view the images again at ANY time after you unlock them, without saving them to your PC. That's what the guy you quoted told you... They just don't want them posted online without their permission, because they want to keep it as the lure for people to actually play the game.

Unregistered
08-24-2017, 02:43 AM
The game is pretty flawed and a bit barebones compared to other games on Nutaku whose premium Gacha girls actually progresses the game and makes things easier or challenging

Look at Kamihime, Aigis, Flower Knight,

The,re is no incentive to spend real money on this game once you get a handful of girls to provide money to buy equipment and affection and you will be at a higher level to get stamina to progress which is a bit slow

If you want to collect girls for the sake of collection the game for you

Otherwise those who prefer action or another gameplay over click and grind low drops - I got played the game for 6 months and just lost interest

Kuronare
08-24-2017, 03:04 AM
Well... yeah? Harem Heroes sets out to offer a linear, comic-like story. In that regard, it accomplishes its goal. This is not another Kamihime or Flower Knight Girl. It isn't intended to be those games - it is its own experience. Admittedly, Harem Heroes is a simple game in both concept and design. I feel Kinkoid would benefit if they took the time to implement new and requested features such as guilds and an in-game chat. Both of these would generate additional interest and could introduce new, community centered quests and raid bosses which can only be finished with the efforts of multiple players.

And what's your proposed solution? Advertise other games? That doesn't help nor benefit Harem Heroes in any shape or form. It only tells us that Harem Heroes isn't your cup of tea.

Shad0w
08-24-2017, 09:41 AM
Most of the active/hardcore players and some of the developers are on the Discord server. <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
You might want to re-read what OP wrote. He suggested bringing back all old event girls and have them...

Unregistered
08-24-2017, 03:50 PM
Well, the question you need to ask is: how much players pay now enough to get the 3 girls for each event and how much players would be susceptible to pay for the event girl if the cost would be very low (for example 1event girl = 5$)

If the result is that putting 1 girl for 5$ give a bigger profit than now, so, just do it

People who paid 100$ doesn't have weight in the balance, they didn't get the money back with a lower price. They lost their money forever and prices change, that's all; it's just like people who pays an apple phone 1000$ and 6 month later, the same phone cost 300$. It's unfair, but it's life.
If you really want doing something for them, give them 20 chance to have event girls in the future.

And sorry about my bad english

MuljoStpho
08-24-2017, 11:19 PM
You might want to re-read what OP wrote. He suggested bringing back all old event girls and have them be accessible via "event booster and suggested Bunny's mother, an Epic Pachinko exclusive, as an example. OP was trying to find a way to obtain premium content for free.

The part that you read from OP's post was of him suggesting that new Epic Pachinko exclusive girls remain Epic Pachinko exclusive for the initial release and suggested that they have an increased drop rate. Event girls already have an increased drop rate for their events, so the booster suggestion is kind of pointless.

Sounds like a poorly chosen example for the point that was being described, maybe a misunderstanding (and failure in fact-checking) on their part about how the events so far have been organized. (As you point out, it hasn't been a perfect divide where the troll-dropped girls are always new characters and the pachinko exclusives are always variations. There are exceptions in both cases.) Doesn't change what the idea was about. Just means it was a bad example. He could have instead mentioned either of Bunny's sisters for that example.

But the idea proposed a "black market" shop which would host the "idols" and the troll-dropped girls from all events, and then with enough tokens (aka the "event booster", which is an awkward and misleading name for the type of item that it was described as being (they don't boost anything, they're just currency)) awarded from the 14 event dailies to be able to afford either an "idol" or two troll-dropped girls from this "black market". (Potential would exist to obtain extra tokens as random drops, or you could pay kobans for them.) He misspoke with the assertion of the "new girl" / "variation" divide between what options had been in which place, but the intention was clearly that only the "idols" and the troll-dropped girls would be in this "black market", and the pachinko exclusives would still be pachinko exclusives.

It's probably wishful thinking for the full "black market" selection to drop in price whenever any event is running though. I'd imagine that the current event's girls would be introduced at the cheaper price and then go up to full price after the event and stay there. (Maybe they could get a slight discount offered when their event returns or when a big promo similar to the anniversary deal happens again?)

Anyway, about the pachinko, the idea proposed that the pachinko exclusive event girls would ALWAYS be available in the pachinko but they'd just be much more likely to drop during their event than they'll be outside of the event. Maybe they already have better odds to drop than a non-event girl? (Not in my experience when I've used my saved up free kobans during an event. I've only gotten non-event girls. But it is "higher chance", not "guaranteed".) But the proposal was clearly about the availability, not the drop rate. Currently event girls which are pachinko exclusives become unavailable to find after the event ends, zero chance. I'd think that it ought to be set up so that pachinko drops should be weighted so that "current exclusives > non-event possibilities > previous exclusives".

Hmmm, this wasn't stated in the topic creator's idea but a logical follow-up point about the pachinko would be that the non-exclusives (the troll-dropped girls) would still disappear from pachinko when their event ends (if they would even still be included in it to begin with, maybe they'd just be black market exclusives instead). Only the exclusives would stick around.

I kept saying "troll-dropped" in this post, but I suppose I should have just said kidnapped. The two girls featured in the event's spotlight as having been taken by a troll. Oh well.

Dragonlich
09-02-2017, 12:48 AM
I want to ask one thing: does anybody got the event girl not from "1 girl guaranteed" roll?

JustNotFatal
09-04-2017, 02:18 PM
Hi everyone,

Premium/Packinko only girls are meant for those who want to collect, and have additional scenes. They are not meant to give any player an advantage.

As stated by the devs, event girls are supposed to be "special".

The solution to previous event girls has been an anniversary event. We had one not to long ago.

To the proposed idea, any sort of booster will likely never happen.

JustNotFatal

SamRei
09-05-2017, 03:43 AM
As a new player I don't know if this is normal, but, this new school event gives me a task every day, and the one today is already taking almost 7 hours? Will this be +1 hour every day now? That's a bit excessive don't you think? It's only day 5, do I have to wait 14 hours at day 12?

JustNotFatal
09-06-2017, 01:51 PM
As a new player I don't know if this is normal, but, this new school event gives me a task every day, and the one today is already taking almost 7 hours? Will this be +1 hour every day now? That's a bit excessive don't you think? It's only day 5, do I have to wait 14 hours at day 12?

Event missions are anywhere from 5-9 hours.