PDA

View Full Version : Katie's War Games (8/18/17- 9/12/17)

AgentFakku
08-20-2017, 06:02 AM
https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/millenniumwaraigis/images/5/58/OXKEIcV.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170818085438

https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/millenniumwaraigis/images/d/d4/Event20180818.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170818103358

Video Guides:

Sennen War (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLkCq7tPgwY) : [600] (Event Units + AW Olivie + AW Claire)
Shoubai Shozan (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppRHbWLdC1o): [ 600] (AW Event Units + AW Shrine Units)
Poor Troopers (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEZlfyz2E58) [ 600] (Event Units + Sandra and Gloria)

Feel free to put some up

Source: http://millenniumwaraigis.wikia.com/wiki/Katie%27s_War_Games

yurk
08-21-2017, 01:27 PM
I'm having a hard time dealing with the last wave or so. Thinking about my options, I have a lvl 10 Raven that I might be be able to level/use. Her skill activation says it has an 80% chance to assassinate. Is that the same on these 'bosses'?

lolix
08-21-2017, 01:30 PM
i actually don't know how low the assasination rate is for the princesses , but you have nothing to lose by trying it. I know for a fact that they can be assasinated. I remember my saki assasinating a lilia , so i don't see why raven shouldn't...

Blaxer
08-21-2017, 01:40 PM
I'd say it's average for a boss unit, my Sybilla assasinates 1 or 2 princesses per run

AgentFakku
08-22-2017, 11:04 AM
584 kills for me - just gotta lvl up my freshly AW Nagi and Sherry thanks to boost drop rates

also gonna try to AW Chydis

lolix
08-22-2017, 11:39 AM
got bored....finished the subjugation on 1 account. The other is around 50%

JMich
08-22-2017, 12:29 PM
Finished the subjugation, now pondering what to do with Joy. Current blacks are AW99 Nanaly, AW99 Anya, AW1 Saki, CC80 Karma, CC80 Nagi and 50 Altia. Reluctant to use it on Saki since I will (eventually) be trying to CR her and unsure if I actually want to CC Altia due to the cost increase changing her ramp capabilities. Then again, she will most likely replace Katie, so the 3 UP more may not be such an issue.
Is it worth using Joy on any of those options, or should I keep her for a future event black?

lolix
08-22-2017, 12:36 PM
i don't have it , but altia seems rather good. Why not awaken and saw her ?

JMich
08-22-2017, 12:55 PM
i don't have it , but altia seems rather good. Why not awaken and saw her ?

Debating it atm. Currently I can drop her for 12 UP, pop her skill 1 second later, get 20 UP in 20 seconds, then withdraw her for 6 UP. So 14 UP in 21 seconds. CCing her means 15 cost, 20 up in 20 seconds, then withdrawing her for 7, so 12 UP in 21 seconds (if one uses skill and withdraws her) or 20 UP every 60 seconds.
SAW has her give 7 UP in 5 seconds (if one uses skill and withdraws her) or 15 UP every 45 seconds.
So while Altia may be a lovely unit as a unit, her ramp capabilities do suffer quite a bit. Thus why I'm pondering it.

But seeing what her SAW is in DMM, I guess I will be awakening and SAWing her at some point.

AgentFakku
08-22-2017, 01:14 PM
sobs - am I the only one who didn't clear it in this forum

Compared to the Wikia, we have more underlvl playas

JSmith12
08-22-2017, 01:52 PM
sobs - am I the only one who didn't clear it in this forum

Compared to the Wikia, we have more underlvl playas

Don't feel too bad my friend, at least you nearly completed it. As for me well, I suck at subjugations to put it mildly. Still stuck at 371! I generally try to to get the spirits mostly but I will get the max kill one glorious day.

lolix
08-22-2017, 02:31 PM
@HungryHunter - you might link a picture with your team here. Some people might give you suggestions.

@Jsmith12 - i was under the impression that her saw recovers 15 UP immediately...in which case it;s obviously insanely good.

Starting at the begining of the map with extra UP is awesome. I have an awakened jerome and the 2 extra up at start helped me quite a bit in some rush situations (as i said , i've never had to use min costed bronzes before). Having a soldier with reinforcements on a black skill (1 sec deploy) is ridiculously good and practically denies any sort of early rush , which is why they didn't gave altia a skill with instant UP at start

Now the thing is , i dunno if her saw is instant (in which case i'd strongly advise to go for it. Even with the 5 second delay on a saw skill , having UP that early is still very damn good ) or if it regens the same way her normal skill does.

In either case i strongly suggest cc-ing her. Leaving a black unit gimped just for 3 extra UP doesn't seem worth it IMO

JMich
08-22-2017, 02:37 PM
@Jsmith12 - i was under the impression that her saw recovers 15 UP immediately...in which case it;s obviously insanely good.

Wrong J, but no worries ;)
Her SAW is indeed 15 UP at once, and 15 seconds of 1.9x Attack. But she also costs 15 UP to deploy, so you basically have her UP back in 5 seconds, which is indeed lovely if you are planning on using her, or you get 7 UP back if you deploy, use skill and withdraw. So again it depends on whether one wishes to use her as a ramp unit for UP or as a good unit that will also recover some UP while in the field.

Either way, guess Karma and Nagi are not worth eating Joy, right?

Knave
08-22-2017, 02:46 PM
I seem to have bad timing with events in the game. After using 200 crystal to get Chydis the trading post resets to Spica, who seems to be the 2nd best archer in the game. Does anyone know if getting to the 400 kill mark on Extra is possible with a team of level 45 units? I have only been playing 2 weeks so I do not have awakened and evolved units.

lolix
08-22-2017, 03:25 PM
Jmich - i;m sorry , but i don't exactly follow. For one , your current ramp up strategy requires keeping an un cc-ed soldier on the map for 20 seconds , am i right ?

Then why exactly is a SAW-ed altia different in your eyes ? If you keep her on the map 10 seconds longer then your current strategy , you get 30 UP with the advantage of actually having an competent unit on the field rather then a gimped unit. And being a black , she is quite a strong unit for a soldier.

And think about that instant UP generatian at start.....You can start a map with both altia (which is a competent gatekeeper/anti rush because of her skill) and another unit(most likely an archer or healer , but you can easily place another soldier and have 2 soldiers on the map at 5 seconds into the game). No matter how i look at it , her SAW seems better in my opinion.....but that;'s up to you in the end.

@Knave - on the first page there are 3 video guides made with the most accesible units possible for the majority of the players. Also searching on the wiki , you might find a key kii guide (he usually tries the do guides with silvers or common gold units) , but honestly dunno if you can do it without having cc-ed units at least.

JMich
08-22-2017, 03:33 PM
Then why exactly is a SAW-ed altia different in your eyes ? If you keep her on the map 10 seconds longer then your current strategy , you get 30 UP with the advantage of actually having an competent unit on the field rather then a gimped unit.

To be able to use her SAW twice, you need to wait a total of 50 seconds, so 30 seconds more for 10 more UP (without counting her cost and the UP you get for withdrawing). It's 5 seconds initial time, 15 seconds of skill being active, then 30 seconds reuse time. Had the SAW been without a duration then yes, it would be a no brainer.
So main reason to keep her non-cc is the same reason some people keep a non-cc Phyllis (or Lieselotte/Zenobia), because it's 3 UP cheaper and lovely for drop/skill/withdraw UP ramping.

Either way, you are helping with the discussion, so thank you for that :)

lolix
08-22-2017, 03:57 PM
Ah , yeah, you're right . forgot to add the skill duration in my calculations. Well in the end it depends if you need the burst of Up right at start or you can wait for 20 seconds with a gimped unit on the map.

I;d honestly at least cc her - and aw her at that - (if you don't want to saw her). The 3 up difference is not that great , and by making her able to fight , you can also user her on the map rather then just deploying and retreat right after...

ZeroZet
08-22-2017, 10:41 PM
There's an option to keep Joy for eventual Anya rerun. Should be on the New Year, from what I heard)

And that's what I am hoping for, to get both AW99 Defensive Anya and then have current copy SAW'd for Offense variant :cool:

AgentFakku
08-22-2017, 11:44 PM
I have my team based on Shoubai's vid (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppRHbWLdC1o)

well sort of w/ some subs since I don't have all of his units

kayfabe
08-23-2017, 01:03 AM
What part are you having trouble with? FWIW, I wouldn't underestimate Sandra on this event even if you haven't Awakened her. True damage and the map layout both work pretty well for her.

AgentFakku
08-23-2017, 12:02 PM
the cannoneers - dat's when shit starts to fall apart

Blaxer
08-23-2017, 12:36 PM
the cannoneers - dat's when shit starts to fall apart

What's your formation/team?

AgentFakku
08-23-2017, 01:22 PM
I'll post it when I get some Char - used the wrong team again on Katie's War Game - god I keep clicking w/o checking LOL

It's similar to Shobai's vid

AFK set up

then when cannoneer show up - I switch Gloria to Cornelia - might be brutal on me since I'm losing an AW w/ AoE in case anyone slips by

lolix
08-23-2017, 01:45 PM
do you have anya ? at high level aw-ed ?

kayfabe
08-23-2017, 02:31 PM
I would recommend experimenting with a Poor Troopers' style setup where you throw a sacrificial lamb to an angry cannoneer if that's the section that's giving you problems. Poor Troopers used Rika but until Nanaly shows up everything in that stretch attacks relatively slowly or deals magic damage so a Bandit should make a pretty reasonable substitute despite the lack of Defense. Besides, it's total domination, so splitting the pressure matters more than actually winning the duel anyway. You can lose units and still get Joy it's just when leaks start or your whole formation collapses that it's time for tears.

AgentFakku
08-23-2017, 02:41 PM
Funny story, the event we had Aria, Anya, some dragon chick - I was under lvl and a guy told me I had to pick one out of 3 to mincost b/c it would be better than trying to do all 3 units and not CR 'em fully

So I chose Aria over Anya since everyone told me I was lacking a CC soldier and I can get another Princess later in the future

@kayfabe: Okay, I'll try Poor Troopers vid

lolix
08-23-2017, 03:16 PM
....what about katie ? my non black team is still running a single soldier team (katie) and i don't have many issues with that in general. I have aria , but didn't bothered leveling her that much (still at cc45) or even awaken her

the only situation where i'd take aria over anya is if by some reason you couldn't raise enough cristals to unseal dorania... But still dunno...
Also anya is not exactly regarded as a princess. Rather a mega tank

hchan1
08-23-2017, 04:07 PM
He already has Cornelia, he doesn't need Anya when he has one of the best tanks in the game.

If you're still having trouble I'd follow Gun Ainm's guide. I full cleared the mission in one try following it, and pretty much all the Blacks he uses are easily replaceable with cheaper units. The most important part is having a strong tank, which you have, and Gloria.

lolix
08-23-2017, 05:31 PM
no , but he can use my strategy instead , which is brute forcing the map with cornelia and anya right at the spawn point

kayfabe
08-23-2017, 09:37 PM
He already has Cornelia, he doesn't need Anya when he has one of the best tanks in the game.

Depends a bit on how you look at it. Anya's an overpriced unit with a stat spread that doesn't quite fully commit to being a tank OR dps, so she's certainly not amazing by black standards. On the other hand, both of her skills are reasonably useful, so it isn't particularly weird when she ends up filling a hole in some free player's roster anyway. E.g., Cornelia's definitely better as a tank but if you specifically need a bulky can opener to crack open some unit with stupidly high armor like in this event then SAW Anya is suddenly a reasonable choice again despite her flaws.

AgentFakku
08-23-2017, 11:23 PM
I remembered it wrong

they were looking at my units. I had Cornelia since Black Friday 2016 (https://agentfakku.tumblr.com/post/153657476500/my-furst-black-unit-cornelia-after-3-silvers) and Anya's events were in Dec 2016

I would have like to get Anya but I couldn't get both of them - I was lacking a lot of units being underlvl

lolix
08-25-2017, 06:21 AM
and finished subjugation on my second acount as well.... From the sp gathered (as well as those gathered from being on a legend stamp - around 90 or so in total) i got 7 silvers and 1 gold (barbastrof). I'd say pretty good. 8 silver+ out of 18 summons is really good considering the silver rate is around 15-16%

AgentFakku
08-29-2017, 02:12 PM
close one, the thing that got me was the Pegasus riders who killed my healer early on but somehow I manage to get to 593

thanks to the guy who told me to experiment w/ different guides since he notice my Gloria was AW and there was one vid (poor troopers) that uses Gloria heavily along w/ Sandra

I'll try to use dat vid

learnyoursin
08-29-2017, 04:03 PM
got a 599 kill, but can't seem to do it reliably. the last wave is just a pain in the neck all the way around, gonna just have to focus on leveling stuff I guess.

Frelas
08-30-2017, 04:26 PM
I´m a relative new player only 4 units got cc (50cc30) and i was wondering around what level your team needs to be to get 300 kills.
I really want to get katie to reduce the unit cost because she is a core unit in my team.
It would be great to know if it is worth trying or that i should give up on her.

MalusCorvus
08-30-2017, 04:26 PM
Finally got 600 kills, had to take advantage of shrine blessing though.

Now I have Joy... and frankly, I'm not sure who to use it on. I don't know how much EXP it takes to level Sybilla, for instance, from 86 to 99, but I'm pretty sure it's less than the amount Joy gives.

EDIT: Looking at this table, (http://millenniumwaraigis.wikia.com/wiki/Unit_XP) 150K EXP will put any unit from level 1 to max level. So the best bet is to Awaken a Black unit, then use Joy on her to max her out. At least I have a few candidates... do I do so with Karma, Nag, Despera, or wait for some other Black unit?

AgentFakku
08-30-2017, 04:34 PM
Congrats man - now you don't have to worry about it

im super trying to git her done

I don't have any Blacks that ain't AW 'cept Karma but folks told me not to use Joy on Karma since Karma is mostly used to stall so lvl doesn't matter

MalusCorvus
08-30-2017, 05:33 PM
I don't have any Blacks that ain't AW 'cept Karma but folks told me not to use Joy on Karma since Karma is mostly used to stall so lvl doesn't matter

Ah, that's good to know then. Wouldn't mind her being a potent fighter, but I guess that's a good point...

Blaxer
08-30-2017, 05:55 PM
Finally got 600 kills, had to take advantage of shrine blessing though.

Now I have Joy... and frankly, I'm not sure who to use it on. I don't know how much EXP it takes to level Sybilla, for instance, from 86 to 99, but I'm pretty sure it's less than the amount Joy gives.

EDIT: Looking at this table, (http://millenniumwaraigis.wikia.com/wiki/Unit_XP) 150K EXP will put any unit from level 1 to max level. So the best bet is to Awaken a Black unit, then use Joy on her to max her out. At least I have a few candidates... do I do so with Karma, Nag, Despera, or wait for some other Black unit?

Let this image be known http://i.harem-battle.club/images/2017/08/31/pqG.png
I use it every time i want to use a plat armor on the final levels so i know i'm not wasting gold/exp

NotThatGuy
08-30-2017, 06:22 PM
Let this image be known
I use it every time i want to use a plat armor on the final levels so i know i'm not wasting gold/exp
I like to keep this (http://harem-battle.club/millennium-war-aigis/33-experience-platinum-armor-tables.html) thread on hand for the same reason.

MalusCorvus
08-30-2017, 10:18 PM
That's definitely more elaborate than what the wiki has - though the latter was still enough to confirm that Joy will max out anyone's level. Still, that should be useful.

AgentFakku
09-01-2017, 02:18 PM
oh my fuking gawd, almost did it
shit, dat was getting me hi on adrenaline - damn, I couldn't decide whether to get an extra healer or another melee unit

saike
09-02-2017, 08:30 PM
katie's skill is different thasn the one we recieved at the beginning?

AgentFakku
09-02-2017, 08:53 PM

it's cuz she changes her skill after CC

Blaxer
09-03-2017, 11:02 AM

it's cuz she changes her skill after CC

This, she goes from reinforcements II to III after CC

AgentFakku
09-04-2017, 06:15 PM
Got 600 Kills! I'm finally done