PDA

View Full Version : Finally starting to get into the game, have a couple questions .

cruex24
08-30-2017, 10:19 PM
So I think i'm starting to get the basics down, but I want to know if my mentality needs to be corrected on any of the ways i'm approaching how to play and some tips on progressing forward.

So obviously I'm going for a full wind team, right now I'm running Arthur, Maeve, Cu Chulainn, Titania, and Zephyr with Hermes and Satan on Sub. I'm noticing on higher difficulties I'm having issues with sustaining fights, example this current advent vs Vritra I'm struggling clearing Expert. I feel like with the team I have at 25k ATK I shouldn't be having issues or needing something like Andromeda to heal as a crutch. Is comp my issue? What extra ability should I use with Arthur and why is it better than the others considering my comp? Currently I'm using Soothing Breeze to help with sustain. How much of it is me not having particularly great weapons? I was planning on farming the shop wind sword I'm currently using so I can max LB after the advent is over and I have some time - is that worth it? I figure a max LB SR weapon even if it's weak overall is better than nothing. Is their a better combination of Hime's I can use that would work better? If my current comp is fine how should I be looking to play around it? Using Cu Chulainn and Titania effectively seems hard, I can at least see they'e probably a really strong pair for attacking but whats the best way to use their combo? Right now I'm going for a 3 turn burst with Chu Chulainn then sitting on my other kami burst till she climbs back up for a full burst. Is that a ok way to approach using them in tandem? Is Zephyr weak enough to justify moving up Hermes and switching to Andromeda and playing a full assault with Chu Chulainn and Titania/ Affi with Hermes and Maeve?

Other than that I know I need to farm more SSR Kami's, that I understand will come with more time played/increased ability to farm as I progress. Same can be said with weapons, just waiting for the next wind advent or whatever I can to farm weapons and a stronger Eidolon.

Last bit what should I be focusing the remainder or my resources from this advent on? I don't think I have enough time to farm another Vritra so I can get other things, should I get the black tomes to LB my SR Kami's? Is Andromeda good enough in my comp that I should farm SP to unlock her? What about tickets? Should I just grab a couple SSR Kami tickets? I assume not that LB materials should be Priority 1 but idk. Should I spend my Jewels when I hit 3k or is their a wind event coming that I should save them for or in general should I just save my Jewels since I already have a decent selection of Wind Kami's.

Overall, any tips that I should take going forward on how I can approach the game

Aidoru
08-30-2017, 10:51 PM
The most important thing to have in your set up in most cases is having proper debuffs. They do a huge impact on the damage you deal and the damage you take.

If you aren't already aware, buffs and debuffs are separated into what we call frames (a-frame, b-frame, c-frames, etc.). If they are the same frame, they do not stack, if they are different, they will. You might need to rely on the JP wiki to differentiate between them but you can often tell for debuffs by how they are applied.

You should at minimal, aim for 2 atk and 2 def down. C-frames are rather rare and since you're using wind, you have the option of using Zephyr who has a c-frame atk down. The hime you should replace is Maeve with Cybele, as she has a b-frame atk and def down skill, unless you have D'art. With Arthur, you should have Ambush from Gawain, giving you 2 atk downs and 2 def downs.

Unregistered
08-31-2017, 03:13 AM
Use ex skill ambush and cybele debuff skill, it will decrease the boss def significantly.

On the other hand try to raise a water team to counter balance your team, so when you fight a fire team you can use Water team
instead of your Wind team

Slashley
08-31-2017, 04:18 AM
Why are you using Arthur if you want a sustain? Obviously with no healer, if you want sustain, you use Cass/Andromeda... and no, don't unlock Andromeda until you have the other basics: Cass, Mordred, Dartagnan, Gawain and Joan.

Anyway, I don't think you should be using Arthur in the first place. Since you don't have any debuffs in that group (aside from Satan who is off-element), Gawain + Sniper Shot (Dartagnan) gives you -40% Def and would increase your damage output drastically. That way, you might not need sustain.

You have a good amount of options, though. Like others have said, you can replace Sniper Shot (-20%/-20%) with Cybele (-15%/-15%, though for you it's currently -10%/-10%) which opens up the ex slot for your Soul. You still should probably run Gawain over Arthur, maybe with Joan's -20% Atk debuff... ... or just run straight up Joan with Gawain's Ambush.

Overall though, you still have so much you can gain. You have very little in terms of Eidolons or weapons (have you been leveling weapon skills on your Wind weapons?). That's something only time and dedication can fix.

On a side note, there's fun things you can do when maining Wind element. You don't have the pieces right now, but stuff like SSR Cu Chulainn + SR Freya's Intercept + R Puck's Berserk can give you so much damage over two turns it isn't even funny. Well, it does require good luck with enemies actually hitting Cu Chulainn... but even then, she'd go to town. Guaranteed triple attacks while doing double damage? And countering quadruple damage? Fun times.
Probably not worth running a R hime for that, but hey. I said fun, not the most broken thing ever.

cruex24
08-31-2017, 08:29 AM
Why are you using Arthur if you want a sustain?
Well I'm not really saying I want sustain, what I'm saying is should I need it considering what resources I have since most of what I read is people talking about how unnecessary Andromeda is.

So basically I need debuffs? What I'll do for now is I can LB Cybele twice I have the materials to do so and it shouldn't really take long to level her up, not like I'm looking to push in this current advent she'll be ready by next event. I suppose I can save up for Joan for her debuffs but would going for her still be worth it if I move Cybele up? I kinda had an idea about the frames things before but didn't really get it outside of sometimes certain atck buffs wouldn't stack. Is there somewhere I can go to see which abilities fall under which frame or is there a way to tell? Would it be worth spending my resources from the advent on SP to unlock Joan or any other Soul to fit play

Yea as far as Eidolons and Weapons go it'll just take time till I have a good amount, I wish I would have played the last wind event to farm weapons but I'll just wait for now. Is their some other way to farm wind weapons outside of gacha and wind events?

What about weapon skill, I've been under the impression you only have to level the weapon skill of the main hand weapon, is that correct

sanahtlig
08-31-2017, 08:54 AM
I've written a guide that answers many of these questions about basic strategy. It also discusses debuffs and where to find out each skill's debuff type.

Aidoru
08-31-2017, 09:19 AM
Well I'm not really saying I want sustain, what I'm saying is should I need it considering what resources I have since most of what I read is people talking about how unnecessary Andromeda is.

So basically I need debuffs? What I'll do for now is I can LB Cybele twice I have the materials to do so and it shouldn't really take long to level her up, not like I'm looking to push in this current advent she'll be ready by next event. I suppose I can save up for Joan for her debuffs but would going for her still be worth it if I move Cybele up? I kinda had an idea about the frames things before but didn't really get it outside of sometimes certain atck buffs wouldn't stack. Is there somewhere I can go to see which abilities fall under which frame or is there a way to tell? Would it be worth spending my resources from the advent on SP to unlock Joan or any other Soul to fit play

Yea as far as Eidolons and Weapons go it'll just take time till I have a good amount, I wish I would have played the last wind event to farm weapons but I'll just wait for now. Is their some other way to farm wind weapons outside of gacha and wind events?

What about weapon skill, I've been under the impression you only have to level the weapon skill of the main hand weapon, is that correct

Andromeda is somewhat unnecessary since the revive skill is not as good as it sounds, she just has the highest heal value but the 2 other healer souls are essential as one has a dispel skill and the other has a party affliction recovery.

Frames can often be guessed by the way they are applied, with some exceptions. Skills that inflict damage and a debuff are often a-frame and skills that just apply debuffs directly are usually b-frame. An exception is Mordred's Outrage which deals damage, applies a bunch of afflictions and a b-frame atk and def down debuff. C-frames are special so you can't really tell without just using it or looking it up. Eidolons have their own separate frame too so their buffs/debuffs stack with your himes but not with another eidolon of same effect.

Since I kinda doubt you'll be able to handle Ragnarok Advent stages any soon, Joan is an option to get. If you swap to Cybele, you can hold out on getting D'art but if you do get her, you can replace Cybele, though you'll lose a ex skill always having to have Sniper Shot on. Mordred is important for end game content and in general, she helps on most any boss. You could probably swap out Cybele for someone else as well if you go Mordred.

SR weapons drop from disaster raids which you can farm. They drop 2 defender weapons and 1 assault weapon, you want the assault one. All weapon skills apply, assuming you have matching elements to your himes.