PDA

View Full Version : Weapons Lineup

N0MAD
09-24-2017, 10:22 AM
Im wondering whats the best way to lineup my weapons.
Should I focus on mono element for the Atk & HP buffs or prioritize SSRs for Dmg output and then the element of my team?

Eunicorn
09-24-2017, 10:58 AM
As possible, the former. SSR weapons are difficult to MLB unless it's an event weapon and MLB SR is better than LB0 SSR in most case. sanahtlig's Leveling Guide under FAQ Project should elaborate more things.

Unregistered
09-24-2017, 11:41 AM
Because you basically mentioned "mono or SSRs", I'm going to assums your SSR weapons are not the same element as your main team. As it currently stands, there is no reason to mix elementals for your weapons. Keep them the same element unless you have no other options or still new.

N0MAD
09-24-2017, 11:54 AM
As possible, the former. SSR weapons are difficult to MLB unless it's an event weapon and MLB SR is better than LB0 SSR in most case. sanahtlig's Leveling Guide under FAQ Project should elaborate more things.

Yeah, the LB surely will have great impact on the overall dmg output latter on... asked cos the rarity also provides different multipliers for such buffs... I'll take a look at that guide you mentioned, thxs...

Because you basically mentioned "mono or SSRs", I'm going to assums your SSR weapons are not the same element as your main team. As it currently stands, there is no reason to mix elementals for your weapons. Keep them the same element unless you have no other options or still new.
Well, I used to have a main acc with 3 different SSRs (weps, no kamis), but rerolling provided me 2 Water SSRs (kamis + weps) and the Advent event got me a 3rd SSR weapon (LB0 all of them) + SSR Eidolon (LB1), the rest are currently SRs with 1-2 LB...

Slashley
09-24-2017, 02:10 PM
You should probably mess around a bit in Sanahtlig's damage calculator. For me, in my current setup, a weapon needs to have about 1400 extra base damage to beat a 3% Assault weapon of the desired element. That is impossible, especially considering how easily Assault weapons can be leveled to 6% or more.

But, I do remember there was a time when that number was way, way lower. And thus, using out of element weapons was actually feasible. In the long run, you'll purely be using on-element weapons, but as you are building up, temporarily you can use off-element weapons.

gottesurteil
09-24-2017, 06:30 PM
Basically, long story short, your first minor goal will be to use your SSRs and fill up the rest of the slots with assault SRs. Then once that's done, you'll eventually phase out your SSRs of the wrong element for more assault SRs (or SSRs if you get lucky with them).

Only use weapons that you can max break limit - i.e. event SSRs, SRs, or disaster SRs. Anything from the gacha is too unreliable to get max broken (unless you spend thousands of $$$).

Long term goal is to get a full page (10 weapons) of purely assault weapons of a single element. Having a defender weapon or 2 in there won't kill you, but by-and-large you want all assault. As the poster above noted, as your overall attack gets higher, having a wrong element weapon, even if it's a SSR and fully leveled (so lvl 125) is inferior to an assault SR.

Also noted above, that 'tipping point' where it becomes more or less efficient can be found using Sanahtlig's calculator.