PDA

View Full Version : Just started a few days ago--some questions

Bohu
10-08-2017, 12:25 PM
Hi, I hope I've posted this in the right place. I recently picked up this game. I'm having a ton of fun with it, but I can tell that since it's such an established game already, it'll take me awhile to digest the information. I'm doing my best to make sure I don't make any big beginner mistakes, but I thought I'd post here to be sure (I've seen the stickied beginner guide). Here are my concerns:

Right now, I'm stuck at Tomb of Sorrow. The enemies completely overrun me, and I suspect part of the problem is that my units are too weak. Most are in the 10-15 range, though Katie is a bit higher at 25. My question about this map is this: do I need to sit back and grind for a bit, or is the problem my lack of skill? I definitely know that I haven't quite grasped how to play optimally yet.

Regarding grinding, I've read that Pastoral Gate is the best early map to play through. Is there any difference between manually playing the map, and commissioning a sortie? Finally, I understand that one of the keys to getting CC'd units is being able to beat the Monday daily H difficulty; what are the steps I can take to secure that goal as quickly as possible?

My goal for leveling and affection priority is roughly Katie, Iris, Bashira, Cloris, and Grace (I rerolled until I got a black unit within 10 SC), most likely in that order. Are there other units I should emphasize instead of these?

Finally, how concerned should I be with the current Dark Guild's Servant event? I've gotten 3 stars from the first mission, but got absolutely slaughtered on the second one, and haven't wanted to retry it because Stamina is such a precious resource right now. I assume I should attempt to get any and all SC I can from timed events, but I don't want to waste resources doing it that might set me back in the long run.

Is there anything else that I should be aware of? Thanks for potential responses. I genuinely appreciate it!

JMich
10-08-2017, 12:37 PM
My question about this map is this: do I need to sit back and grind for a bit, or is the problem my lack of skill? I definitely know that I haven't quite grasped how to play optimally yet.
Grinding is part of the game. You will be meeting challenges you are not ready yet, and you should take that time to grind and level up your units and prince.

Is there any difference between manually playing the map, and commissioning a sortie?
Unless you are using a unit with the Gold Get! ability, commission a sortie is better (since it's a guaranteed 3 star that doesn't take that much time).

Finally, how concerned should I be with the current Dark Guild's Servant event?
Not that much. You still have another week to level up your units, and while it might be nice to have the event unit, it is not imperative.

Is there anything else that I should be aware of? Thanks for potential responses. I genuinely appreciate it!
Hopefully you are already aware of this, but do not CC any unit you are going to use at level 30. Max its level first (so 50) and then CC it, otherwise it will permanently lose ~20 levels worth of stats.

Nero010
10-08-2017, 02:09 PM
Dont push yourself too much for events. Focus on growing through story missions and just clear what you can in events. Newer events requier max CC or even AW teams to beat. As JMich said, your first goal should be to reach lvl 50 on your core units and max affection alongside.

Ericridge
10-08-2017, 08:24 PM
If you happen to start in middle of an event, just try to get barebones copy of the event unit at least. That way you won't regret it when it is your favorite unit. :P I started in Imelia event, I tried hard enough to get at least five stars in it and got her. She's CC70 now with 1/10 skill and max cost but I don't care. xD

Bohu
10-08-2017, 09:08 PM
Thanks for the advice, everyone. I've spent most of the day just running sorties. Now I've got Katie, Iris, Bashira, and Cloris up to level 30. Will probably attempt Tomb of Sorrow or Dark Guild's Servant 2 again soon.

Since the days I've played so far haven't had applicable dailies, I guess I'll ask: should new players work on dailies up to their capability, or is it better to use stamina to push through the challenges? My goal is to get to Phalanx 2 for reliable affection, but I hear that Monday is also one of the more important dailies.

Ericridge
10-09-2017, 01:42 AM
Thanks for the advice, everyone. I've spent most of the day just running sorties. Now I've got Katie, Iris, Bashira, and Cloris up to level 30. Will probably attempt Tomb of Sorrow or Dark Guild's Servant 2 again soon.

Since the days I've played so far haven't had applicable dailies, I guess I'll ask: should new players work on dailies up to their capability, or is it better to use stamina to push through the challenges? My goal is to get to Phalanx 2 for reliable affection, but I hear that Monday is also one of the more important dailies.

Monday Daily gives you gold. Yeah its important daily. You can use other days for clearing your way to phalanx 2. ;P

Frelas
10-09-2017, 03:39 AM

Monday(gold and platinum armors) and thursday (demon crystal) are generally considered the most important daily´s the other days you can focus on the challenges as a new player

Nero010
10-09-2017, 10:19 AM
As long as you cant beat hard on the dailys focusing on them is a waste of charisma. Your goal is to beat monday and thursday daily on hard asap. But thatll take a while longer. Most long term players also tend to forget that one of the most improtant things for newbies is to get affection to up thier girls as its the biggest immediate boost for most units. And best map to farm those (alongside gold spirits that a newbie will need many of) is phalanx 2 for newbies.

lolix
10-09-2017, 11:23 AM
to get phalanx 2 they need to pass war of magic. that;s not easy for a newbie. hell , i still didn't 3 star it either yet because i was lazy to min cost silver witches

Ericridge
10-09-2017, 11:37 AM
to get phalanx 2 they need to pass war of magic. that;s not easy for a newbie. hell , i still didn't 3 star it either yet because i was lazy to min cost silver witches

The sooner he runs into war of magic the sooner he can start preparing for it in my opinion. :p Best units to get for it is basically, Min cost Calliope, Belinda, and Cloris, as for Belinda.. i think he's out of luck on Belinda cuz her revival event was awhile ago. Has anyone cleared war of magic without Belinda?

Although I'm pretty sure that to reach Phalanx 3, clearing war of magic is a requirement. I think Phalanx 2 is available before war of magic. And all you need to clear war of magic is 1* clear and never do it ever again.

Unregistered
10-09-2017, 11:42 AM
Phalanx 2 is before War of Magic, thankfully.
War of Magic plus another Mens Battle (which I don't think I've done yet...) stand in ones way before hitting the quests that can drop black spirits though.

lolix
10-09-2017, 12:02 PM
i did it on my second acount. I made if way after belinda's even and before her revival and i did it with that half elf gold witch (forgot her name) , so its doable , btu assumes u have her as well....

edit : wtf , you're right. I jsut logged in to confirm. Phalanx 2 is before war of magic. I could have sworn that war of magic was before phalanx 2 and that was the big wall to climb to be able to farm....(i remember we were calling it wall of magic because of that , lol)

I;ve been hit by the mandela effect quite a bit lately it seems. I remember collection events being 1 month. I remember war of magic being before phalanx 2 and so on....

Bohu
10-09-2017, 01:22 PM
Yikes, War of Magic sounds pretty rough. Since I do have one black unit, I'll keep my eyes peeled for other units that would be helpful, so that I can get to that point. I'm hesitant to combine any Calliopes I have, at least at this point, especially since I did plan on CCing Cloris. On the plus side, I've got 3 Platinum Spirits (was very lucky running Monday N difficulty, plus the 35 bonus), so I think I'm a bit closer to CCing my first unit or two than I expected.

Right now I'm on Mens Battle. I'm waiting until I have decently leveled guys for that.

A question: are there any units in the Trading Post that would be useful for newbies? I'm considering getting the New Prince pack, which means I could probably purchase anyone there except for Black Knight and Saki.

Nero010
10-09-2017, 01:29 PM
No there isnt. Safe those DC if you make that purchase. Alicia is gonna serve you very very well on a newbies account. I remember the hardship i went through having only leeanne as good tank roughly 3/4 years long until i finaly got my hands on bernice. Since you have grace its not THAT big a issue but still grace is expencive to place.

lolix
10-09-2017, 03:42 PM
yeah , alicia is plenty good for a newbie account , and i believe she comes at level 40 which is rather high for a new account and will be useful as soon as u get her , so i'd say go for it.

That being said , the trading post has a couple units that are pretty good (like chydys and spica) , but those are not a priority right now. Just grind a bit and level your units more.

Frelas
10-09-2017, 04:10 PM
The best part about alicia for a beginner is not only that she is level 40 but that you also dont need to waste resources to cc her, because she is a special unit.

Bohu
10-14-2017, 02:08 PM
If people don't mind, I've gotten a decent bit further now, and some more advice would be very appreciated. I just managed to beat Castle Retake this morning. My most-used units look like this:

Katie 50CC30
Iris 50CC30
Soma 50CC30
Cloris 50CC30
Bashira 30
Calliope 30
Grace 42 (waiting for a platinum armor)

Just yesterday, I hit my goal of getting to Phalanx 2, but Cloris and Calliope aren't strong enough to beat all of them on their own; I can 2-star the mission, so I've been using my stamina to get their affection up. Well, I also hit 50 SC, so I thought I'd put a few points into upgrading my army capacity and rolling on some new units to upgrade my stamp card. Here are the non-silvers what I got:

Black: Altia and Elyse
Platinum: Agnes
Gold: Bernice x2, Fedora, Momo

Basically, now I'm much more conflicted about the best way to continue from here. Should I continue to focus on my established team until I can get to Fiery Oasis, or should I start leveling up the new characters? Also, what's the deal with necromancers?

UnregisteredX
10-14-2017, 02:45 PM
Elyse is a really good unit that will carry you far (her skill is really OP), however in the immediate, your range dps needs a lot of work, so I would focus on Bashira first. Getting her CCed and leveled should be the highest priority, IMO. After that you can go back for Elyse. Altia I would put much lower on the list since Katie should be fine for the time being.

As for Necromancers... they are generally a niche unit that specializes in summoning tokens, which has some uses, mostly to stall bosses. Luckily, Agnes is more damage focus, and should help a lot in phalanx 2 if you're still having trouble with it since she can hit 3 enemies on skill and doesn't need to be CCed (although she's slow compared to witches). Just toss some quick early levels on her, and she should make that map fairly simple.

lolix
10-14-2017, 03:50 PM
u got 2 blacks from 50 scs ? jesus christ , you're lucky as f**k.

Elyse is straight up broken. She is one of the strongest units in the game both in our version and on DMM. Altia is also good , but elyse is insane.

Agness is kinda meh tho , so are fedora and momo.

Bernice is a unit that spikes higher then her rarity and will be a good tank if u lack any premium plat + tank.

That being said , i agree with the unregistered. Get your archers bigger first.

starburst98
10-14-2017, 06:08 PM
just to be sure, you are deploying prince on basically everything right? equip the best 'hero' title and put him somewhere in the back for something like phalanx 2, just having him deployed gives everyone a boost.
i'm asking because you said cloris and calliope by themselves.

NotThatGuy
10-15-2017, 11:51 AM
Just yesterday, I hit my goal of getting to Phalanx 2, but Cloris and Calliope aren't strong enough to beat all of them on their own
Have you tried using Grace as well? She should be able to block them, and on skill will be dealing splash magic damage.

At any rate, the general sentiment of leveling Bashira, then Elyse is good. You might also want to work on a mage after that before focusing on Altia.

Bohu
10-15-2017, 04:35 PM
Thanks for all the advice--I've been deploying the Prince whenever I have 10 UP to spare, though in Phalanx 2 my problem was that Cloris and Calliope weren't strong enough, so I was trying to wait for 25 to send out Grace, as NotThatGuy suggested. Once I improved their levels/affection, it wasn't a problem. Cloris/Calliope/Prince/Agnes/Grace are more than enough to handle the mission.

And yes, now my priority is CCing Bashira, then getting her and Soma both up as high as I can. She's at 46 right now, but with no platinum fairies, the leveling process is going pretty slowly, and draining my funds quickly. Hopefully tomorrow will go well; I'm not sure if I'm strong enough to handle the Golden Armor H level daily yet, and don't want to risk stamina attempting it if it's totally out of my league.

One other question (sorry I have so many!): is Return to Ruins my best grinding map right now? I'm pretty sure I can't quite make it to Fiery Oasis yet, which is my current goal for unit leveling.