PDA

View Full Version : armor blitz halloween event: too OP?

Biodeamon
10-12-2017, 09:42 AM
so is it just me or is the amount of grinding you have to do to get the event unit completely unreasonable? I mean you can only get like 6 bat wings a day unless you make the game your full time job. I'd be fine if you could re-do a level without having to spend cores, but the pathetic trickle of points you get for playing normal levels is virtually worthless. And the armor on the pumpkin turrets is simply inexcusable.
It seems impossible to get anything good without slapping down some cash... I wouldn't have such a problem if it weren't for the fact these seem like once in a lifetime drops...

Anybody got any tips on how to get the event without spending a herculean effort? or am I gonna have to stage a revolt?

WonderWaffle
10-12-2017, 11:24 AM
so is it just me or is the amount of grinding you have to do to get the event unit completely unreasonable? I mean you can only get like 6 bat wings a day unless you make the game your full time job. I'd be fine if you could re-do a level without having to spend cores, but the pathetic trickle of points you get for playing normal levels is virtually worthless. And the armor on the pumpkin turrets is simply inexcusable.
It seems impossible to get anything good without slapping down some cash... I wouldn't have such a problem if it weren't for the fact these seem like once in a lifetime drops...

Anybody got any tips on how to get the event without spending a herculean effort? or am I gonna have to stage a revolt?

Only way to progress is to grind it out. The devs assume that 3 months into release is enough for people to grind tanks to a decent level with some decent emblems to make do with this event. Invasions gives a lot of pumpkins according to lieutenant level, me being 46 gives about 456 pumpkins per invasion tile. Poc also gives pumpkins scaling with stage difficulty. Levels for event reset per day.

FYI near end of third tile for my tanks who are around lvl 25-35 is where I start to struggle where as in PoC i can clear up to stage 31 (level 62) so that in itself speaks for difficulty curve.

Unregistered
10-12-2017, 05:38 PM
FYI near end of third tile for my tanks who are around lvl 25-35 is where I start to struggle where as in PoC i can clear up to stage 31 (level 62) so that in itself speaks for difficulty curve.

You're doing something wrong then. I've never been to stage 30+ of portal but I made it up to the lv 60 enemies in event.

storm0545
10-13-2017, 10:36 AM
You're doing something wrong then. I've never been to stage 30+ of portal but I made it up to the lv 60 enemies in event.

well then wise sage whats ur team look like and if per chance how much have you whaled.

Unregistered
10-13-2017, 11:13 AM
well then wise sage whats ur team look like and if per chance how much have you whaled.

It looks like a team full of TDs and mediums, and I've spent 0$ on it.

Idk about other people, but I don't really use lights, artys or heavies.

Aidoru
10-13-2017, 11:19 AM
It looks like a team full of TDs and mediums, and I've spent 0$ on it.

Idk about other people, but I don't really use lights, artys or heavies.

What level is your commander? Not your tanks, your commander.

Unregistered
10-13-2017, 11:22 AM
What level is your commander? Not your tanks, your commander.

Aidoru
10-13-2017, 11:23 AM
Well something definitely doesn't seem right then.

Unregistered
10-13-2017, 11:29 AM
Well something definitely doesn't seem right then.

Only thing I can think of is maybe the difference in commander skills. I normally just use the atk and def buff.

Idk about others, but I've found that the defense buff makes even my light tanks tankier than my heavies with skill up used to be.

kusho
10-13-2017, 01:53 PM
i dunno, something feels terribly off with the difficulty of this event.
I beat all battles in 1st tile just with the artillery skill, then beat all battles from second tile without losing any tank.
And then at the first battle at tile 3......
im sure i couldnt play it better, held them at my leutenant until all enemy tanks were destroyed and only then advanced into the missile turrets and pumpkins... left with 2 alive tanks only and a leutenant at 5% health...
The battle is listed as lvl 21... my leutenant is lvl 30 and tanks lvls 20-27... On the map i can easily beat lvl 35-36 maps, so cant imagine lvl 21 map being so hard

TiamatRoar
10-14-2017, 01:48 PM
Getting the tanks is easy. It's only the final reward that's hard. I guess the devs wanted that to be a challenge for the hardcore players.

Though getting the final reward is also kind of easy if you're willing to pay a few cores for the ghost and bat bags. The event gives you 600 cores for free so it's possible to do it for free but some monetary agenda is still likely on the table here.

Unregistered
10-14-2017, 02:02 PM
I guess it will depend on how many events they're going to have in how quick a succession which will 'encourage' us to spend cores. This time of year is always big on events, and I hope the devs understand that just because those of us who have been saving our cores can afford to spend them on this event, we won't be in that position for a Christmas event, nor a Thanksgiving event, and certainly not a New Year's event.

Myrdin
10-14-2017, 02:09 PM
I did some basic math, please do correct me if I am wrong.

Lets say you are able to get 24 Bat wings / Souls > meaning clearing the first 3 nodes

thats 480 items in 20 days.
Each is 300 points
so thats 144 000 points for the cauldron.

Now lets say you get 2000 pumpkins per day, times 20
thats 40 000 points that you can either divide, or throw into a single cauldron.

Let say you wish to max one girl out so you use all pumpkins on her.
144 000 + 40 000 = 184 000

You need to buy 2 bundles for 250 cores each giving you another 100 Wings/Souls > 30 000
This will put you up to 214 000.
This is not enough, unless you can hard grind extra 8 000 points in pumpkins in addition to those 2K we assumed at the beginning.

If you buy 3 bundles for 250 cores each giving you another 150 Wings/Souls > 45 000
Setting you at 189 000 points in both cauldrons and you have the 40K from the pumpkins, thus you max one girl with ease.

Should you be wanting to max both of them, then you would need to buy at least one, ideally 2 more bundles depending on how much grind can you do. All this was considered without any Oil refills.

I myself bought 2 bundles, aiming to get M3 Satan maxed. Though I might go for one more, if necessary, depending how the grind goes, since I cant play when at work.
At least I put those core to good use (relatively).

*I wont comment on the event itself here, thats what the other thread is for. I will however say the Spirit path, Node 3 map setup is absolutely ridiculous and unless I have my main tanks ready to go, I am not able to do it with any other setup. Again not gonna go in detail in this thread.

Unregistered
10-14-2017, 02:29 PM
Yeah, Haunted Path does seem a lot harder than Devil's Path. (Oh sure, the quick and easy path leads to Hell....)

Unregistered
10-14-2017, 03:00 PM
*I wont comment on the event itself here, thats what the other thread is for. I will however say the Spirit path, Node 3 map setup is absolutely ridiculous and unless I have my main tanks ready to go, I am not able to do it with any other setup. Again not gonna go in detail in this thread.

Coincidentally, it's the opposite for me when I reach the 4th node. Devil 4th node is near impossible for me whereas I can clear some of the spirit 4th node.

TiamatRoar
10-14-2017, 03:06 PM
2000 pumpkins a day seems a little on the low side. I can pull in 3000+ pumpkins a day without buying oil (and I haven't claimed the event oil prizes yet either and started the event with only 1k oil) and my oil production is the same as anyone else who's completed the map.

Oh, are you still using your factory or something? I suggest halting factory production for the event if you're remotely serious about it (though again, just a few bucks worth of cores will solve that problem too if you don't want to sacrifice factory production. But considering that I've produced ONE five star tank after doing so many factory productions that I've COMPLETED the factory production quest line (1500 tanks produced) quite a few weeks ago, I don't think anything of value will be lost)

Myrdin
10-14-2017, 03:19 PM
2000 pumpkins a day seems a little on the low side. I can pull in 4000+ pumpkins a day without buying oil (and I haven't claimed the event oil prizes yet either and started the event with only 1k oil) and my oil production is the same as anyone else who's completed the map.

Oh, are you still using your factory or something? I suggest halting factory production for the event if you're remotely serious about it (though again, just a few bucks worth of cores will solve that problem too if you don't want to sacrifice factory production. But considering that I've produced ONE five star tank after doing so many factory productions that I've COMPLETED the factory production quest line (1500 tanks produced) quite a few weeks ago, I don't think anything of value will be lost)

Well for example I have not completed the map.
2K is the approx value that people who have at least half of the map done SHOULD be able to get, if they want to have a go at the event.
If you can get more, then just put that number into the equation and see how fast you can claim your prize.

Wait... I think you posted that achievement on the Discord no ? The Factory completion one. Gratz on that.
The problem is that the General outscales the tanks, and as such you get much higher lvl tanks on the enemy side.
If all my 5* tanks were around L25+ and 4* around 35+ The event would be so much easier.

TiamatRoar
10-14-2017, 03:30 PM
Well for example I have not completed the map.
2K is the approx value that people who have at least half of the map done SHOULD be able to get, if they want to have a go at the event.
If you can get more, then just put that number into the equation and see how fast you can claim your prize.

My completion of the map only means one more oil well, though. Are you also using light tanks to scout? Honestly I'm not sure someone who's only completed half the map should expect to be allowed to have two ELITE status five-star tanks from an event anyways (well, without paying money of course). That's asking for an awfully huge highest reward for someone who hasn't even gotten half way to the end of the game. These aren't four-star tank equivalents from Flower Knight Girl's events we're talking about, here. The average value of a five star ELITE tank is like, 300 bucks, for crying out loud. (although elite five star arties and light tanks kinda get the short end of the elite stick)

Wait... I think you posted that achievement on the Discord no ? The Factory completion one. Gratz on that.
The problem is that the General outscales the tanks, and as such you get much higher lvl tanks on the enemy side.
If all my 5* tanks were around L25+ and 4* around 35+ The event would be so much easier.

The devs really need to stop the lieutenant scaling. I hope someone's brought this to their attention. I've mentioned it in Discord a few times myself but I don't know if any developer saw it. It really gets unfair for those who've had to change in new tanks several times in their life time, which is pretty much everyone except those who are inclined to whale at the start and even they've probably had to relevel several tanks from level one semi-recently).

When you have a multi-tiled event, there's really no need for lieutenant scaling in the first place anyways. Have the beginning tiles be low levelled and have the end tiles be high levelled. What was the purpose of having their level affected by your lieutenant anyways? Yeesh.

Unregistered
10-14-2017, 07:01 PM
Lieutenant level averaging only makes people not want to expand/improve their rosters...which, I suppose, obviates the need to complete events in the first place. I mean, it's all fine if you've been playing for a year and you have enough max level tanks to sub in for events, but I wasn't about to sideline my new 5* tanks in favor of maxing the tanks they were supposed to replace.

Iggzikof
10-15-2017, 08:19 AM
How we get the event tanks? they are only at that 225k cauldron?

Unregistered
10-15-2017, 09:33 AM
How we get the event tanks? they are only at that 225k cauldron?

At 142.5K each cauldron gives a single copy of the event tank.

Unregistered
10-15-2017, 10:02 PM
As somebody else posted, if you can clear the first 3 nodes you shouldn't have any problem getting them. (they're at the 140kish level)

If you can't, probably not.

My 2 cents, should have had 1 copy at 90,000 (clearing 2 nodes per day + some pumpkins) 2nd copy at 140k, (3 nodes per day) and 3rd at 225k. (all nodes per day, I assume?)

So just about everybody gets the basic 5*, more dedicated players would be able to get enhanced versions.

(or possibly, a 4* with same look at 90k)

Myrdin
10-15-2017, 10:52 PM
As somebody else posted, if you can clear the first 3 nodes you shouldn't have any problem getting them. (they're at the 140kish level)

If you can't, probably not.

My 2 cents, should have had 1 copy at 90,000 (clearing 2 nodes per day + some pumpkins) 2nd copy at 140k, (3 nodes per day) and 3rd at 225k. (all nodes per day, I assume?)

So just about everybody gets the basic 5*, more dedicated players would be able to get enhanced versions.

(or possibly, a 4* with same look at 90k)

This would be a much more fair reward step up.

Unregistered
10-15-2017, 11:58 PM
Well don't forget, not only won't you be able to elite both units without spending cores, you won't be able to do any of the event exchange shop trades that are worth doing either.

Unregistered
10-16-2017, 01:56 PM
Regarding pumpkins: I haven't been hitting the regular map too terribly hard during the event, to the point where I wasn't even scouting for oil much until recently. That all changed once I looked at the pumpkin total. I'm closing in on 20K pumpkins, so they're going to be a bigger factor than we initially expected. If you do mid-level tiles while you're waiting for your casualties from the event map to repair you can bring in a lot.

But yeah, this is still going to suck for those who don't have time to play every 2-3 hours...I've even resorted to no-lifing it with timers to wake me up when repairs will be complete, and that's not going to be for everyone.

Frelas
10-16-2017, 02:05 PM
This event made me give up the game all together its obviously created for the veterans who have started from the beginning, for those that started later the units are too weak to make any reasonable gain turning it in a massive grind without being able to even get the event tanks,

Unregistered
10-16-2017, 03:44 PM
This event made me give up the game all together its obviously created for the veterans who have started from the beginning, for those that started later the units are too weak to make any reasonable gain turning it in a massive grind without being able to even get the event tanks,

Not even. I've played from nutaku launch and there's no way I can get all copies of the girls even if I played every day. I'm most likely going to drop this game here as well. I was already bored the past month of it. The event itself isn't even enjoyable.

WhatIconceal
10-16-2017, 04:11 PM
Not even. I've played from nutaku launch and there's no way I can get all copies of the girls even if I played every day. I'm most likely going to drop this game here as well. I was already bored the past month of it. The event itself isn't even enjoyable.

Gotta double that; thou i can get ALL rewards if i grind hard everyday and spend my cores I've been saving for 5th factory slot.

Unregistered
10-16-2017, 04:39 PM
Gotta double that; thou i can get ALL rewards if i grind hard everyday and spend my cores I've been saving for 5th factory slot.

The fact that we're required to spend cores just to get all the copies of the event unit kills the purpose of an event for me. It doesn't help that even then, that's only half of the rewards, the other half is in the event shop, which most players don't even have a chance to get as their resources will go towards trying to get the event unit and some items require even more cores.

Zandel
10-16-2017, 05:00 PM
The fact that we're required to spend cores just to get all the copies of the event unit kills the purpose of an event for me. It doesn't help that even then, that's only half of the rewards, the other half is in the event shop, which most players don't even have a chance to get as their resources will go towards trying to get the event unit and some items require even more cores.

You do not have to spend cores at all to get all copies of the girls, but you do have to work very hard for it. To me that's fine. The extra copies are only to elite the tank anyway and it's not that big a bonus, sure the extra XP gain is nice but you can level the girls without it and since elite does NOT unlock any new skins or anything other than stats it's not that big a deal.

Any player except someone who started playing after the event started can get 1 copy of each girl with no real effort, clear 1st 3 tiles (because they are based on commander level lower level accounts are actually better off in this event) and farm up some pumpkins doing your normal oil dump maps. Really the only thing you will do different is the 24 event missions and considering the first 18 you can do in the space of 30 mins and not lose any girls at all it's not asking that much at all.

I only get to log in to the game at home and only really twice a day, If I can get close to a full clear with that then anyone else can do similar. Also you get so many cores from the actual event that buying 2-3 of the 50/50 deals is pretty much covered even if you do run a little low or forget to do a few days.

TL;DR: While the commander level scaling is annoying, it doesn't stop anyone from getting at least 1 copy of each event girl. This event is the first really good thing I've seen enter this game since launch and I hope to see more.

Frelas
10-16-2017, 05:50 PM
You do not have to spend cores at all to get all copies of the girls, but you do have to work very hard for it. To me that's fine. The extra copies are only to elite the tank anyway and it's not that big a bonus, sure the extra XP gain is nice but you can level the girls without it and since elite does NOT unlock any new skins or anything other than stats it's not that big a deal.

Any player except someone who started playing after the event started can get 1 copy of each girl with no real effort, clear 1st 3 tiles (because they are based on commander level lower level accounts are actually better off in this event) and farm up some pumpkins doing your normal oil dump maps. Really the only thing you will do different is the 24 event missions and considering the first 18 you can do in the space of 30 mins and not lose any girls at all it's not asking that much at all.

I only get to log in to the game at home and only really twice a day, If I can get close to a full clear with that then anyone else can do similar. Also you get so many cores from the actual event that buying 2-3 of the 50/50 deals is pretty much covered even if you do run a little low or forget to do a few days.

TL;DR: While the commander level scaling is annoying, it doesn't stop anyone from getting at least 1 copy of each event girl. This event is the first really good thing I've seen enter this game since launch and I hope to see more.

The commander level scaling is actually horrible, you rank up faster than the tanks do making it more and more diffecult unitl you reach a point in the story where you are forced to grind for silver and gold tanks because 2 star tanks are too weak, but switching to your new tanks gives you a low level team that cant do anything making the dailys and the event horrible diffecult and a even worse grind. My uttely boring grinding got rewarded with a even worse grind and not being able to get event tanks, hell i can barely complete the second tile, and thats only when i wait every 1 hour for my tanks to recover, this isnt fun, it feels more like a job, one that i dont get paid for.

Zandel
10-16-2017, 06:13 PM
You must have had really bad luck with the factory / free daily login 5* tanks to be having trouble with the second tile. The third I can understand, even I lose tanks on the last 2 missions of that tile but the second tile should be 50% ish of your commander level making it quite easy.

WonderWaffle
10-18-2017, 10:46 AM

I can make it up to lvl 60 enemies but the amount of metal to repair isn't possible for me to keep doing that. My HT takes around 3 to 4k metal for just ONE of them to be repaired. Its not that I'm doing something wrong don't be so soon to assume that ffs. I can clear all the way to 4th tile most of the time without losing more than 1 or 2 tanks but there are times where i lose about 5 tanks which is costly for repairs.

Also unless you clear the 4th tile entirely there isn't much point in doing it as with 3rd tile you can get the event girl. You DO need the 4th tile if your going for top reward of elite

Unregistered
10-18-2017, 06:19 PM
Dammit, AB...you don't start a maintenance period during the last hour of an event day where people are timing their repair intervals. And you really need an in-game chyron to announce it, not just an off-screen Twitter feed that nobody can see when they're playing.

Sigfried666
10-19-2017, 05:40 PM
I only hope they notice the shortcomings with this event and make the following events a bit less grindy and more interesting.

There are ways to profit without raising such paywalls.

Unregistered
10-20-2017, 01:58 PM
What reward is at the 60k level?

Unregistered
10-20-2017, 02:37 PM
Click on the gift box at the 60K level on either cauldron to find out.

Unregistered
10-20-2017, 03:02 PM
Guess I'm not getting either of the event tanks. Third tile is way too hard for my tanks.

Unregistered
10-20-2017, 03:12 PM
Here is a copy of a ticket response I got from them today:
"Yes, we've read all of the feedback so far. The Panzerwerfer (rocket unit) has the same ability as Katyusha. She appears on the event map in the path you fight to earn her. Even though she is strong, she is vulnerable to commander artillery strikes.

The battles during this event are probably more on the difficult end of what was intended, and the next events we run will be much more manageable. We will probably make an adjustment in the final week to ease up tile 3 and 4. But that will be out on Oct. 25th, coinciding with a new character release."

I would prefer something sooner but they do seem to be acknowledging the problem.

WhatIconceal
10-20-2017, 04:02 PM
-
Even though she is strong, she is vulnerable to commander artillery strikes.

Can't one shot her with art strike at last tile 3 stages and only that makes her 'not-so-vulnerable' as you need to make 2 shots.

-
We will probably make an adjustment in the final week to ease up tile 3 and 4. But that will be out on Oct. 25th, coinciding with a new character release.

That's bad idea to make changes in the mid-end of the event, people who already spent cores would get pissed imo.

Unregistered
10-20-2017, 04:49 PM
Which is why in the other thread I said you needed to calculate how many bundles you will need, but don't buy the last one (or two, I guess) until you KNOW you're falling short.

Unregistered
10-20-2017, 06:26 PM
"Can't one shot her with art strike at last tile 3 stages and only that makes her 'not-so-vulnerable' as you need to make 2 shots."

I did actually mention this to them in my reply. As far as making changes go, though, I'm hoping most people didn't splurge on cores yet. I bought one set but am waiting to see how things go (via calculations I think I'll be fine to finish one and get 1 copy of the other, especially if they do tweak it).

Zandel
10-20-2017, 09:02 PM
FYI if you use the Defence commander ability Arty-Chan does only 1 damage per hit and the ability last for her entire load.... The missions require a fair amount of timing and skill to do well, I actually find that the Satan's are harder to deal with because of that 78% evasion.... sure 1 hit generally kills her but getting that one hit with only a 22% chance is nasty as all hell.

Unregistered
10-20-2017, 10:09 PM
Here is a copy of a ticket response I got from them today:
"We will probably make an adjustment in the final week to ease up tile 3 and 4. But that will be out on Oct. 25th, coinciding with a new character release."

I actually sort of suspected something like this. Based on how well I do in void vs. this event, I assume the vast majority of players aren't going to be getting even a single copy of either event unit, which probably isn't a great idea for player retention.

Myrdin
10-21-2017, 01:03 AM
Whelp there go my cores I suppose.
Valid point about not being able to one shot her on the tougher maps.

Honeslty though - the problem is the map layout and the insane pumpkin turrets.
There are scarabs, mines and pumpkin turrets with the range of dark artillery, attack speed on par with light tank and damage high enough to punch through your heavy tank armor emblems.
If they cut half the crap out, it would still be hard with the SU and Panzerwerfer (pretty much a Katyusha) spam. But still managable.
The worst thing is - the amount of stuff you need to get through while being ripped apart by the Pumpkin turrets, just to arrive at the enemy Leader and her being a Heavy tanks that soaks shit tons of damage, which make her immune to assassination builds, is just stupid.
Especially on the ghost path where in Node 3 there are two scarabs on both bot and top, shit tons of mines, and 3 pumpkin turrets that can shoot your tanks that get close enough to the scarabs. And there is of course 3 of them, positioned in such a way you will have to engage all of them due to their increased range at this stage. And they are not exactly squishy either. To much, the Pumpkin turrets have too much of everything, damage, range, hp, attacks speed.
If it was just the Pumpkin turrets without the scarabs and mines it would be much more managable as you could go straight at them and nulify them.
Worst thing is a bloody mouse that gets you stucked in front of them, your tanks bundle up and.... oh look who it is ? SU (or Panzerwerfer) my friend !
Sigh

Iggzikof
10-21-2017, 01:38 AM
as it is now i would get copy of each for sure by doin ~22 of each items daily and from that 6x daily on basic map gives nice boost to pumpkins rest is just bonus

High Velocity Stiff
10-21-2017, 03:20 AM
I actually sort of suspected something like this. Based on how well I do in void vs. this event, I assume the vast majority of players aren't going to be getting even a single copy of either event unit, which probably isn't a great idea for player retention.

It won't help. I was doing okay in the event, then I decided to spend some cores and dump my pumpkins in one side to get the 5 star emblem earlier. [Emblem of Hope so you know, thanks for the extra repair times.] Then my commander ticked over to the next level... now I can't even make it through stage two without severe losses, forget stage 3. My now 6.4k effective durability Tiger is suddenly getting destroyed in one salvo. This is not sane, gradual or measured level scaling and the vast majority of people who hit the sweet spot of bullshit aren't going to be able to suffer through enough of the current event that one week of reduced difficulty is going to help.

Iggzikof
10-21-2017, 03:32 AM
It won't help. I was doing okay in the event, then I decided to spend some cores and dump my pumpkins in one side to get the 5 star emblem earlier. [Emblem of Hope so you know, thanks for the extra repair times.] Then my commander ticked over to the next level... now I can't even make it through stage two without severe losses, forget stage 3. My now 6.4k effective durability Tiger is suddenly getting destroyed in one salvo. This is not sane, gradual or measured level scaling and the vast majority of people who hit the sweet spot of bullshit aren't going to be able to suffer through enough of the current event that one week of reduced difficulty is going to help.

well i have HT with 10k dura and still wont survive much,,

Unregistered
10-21-2017, 05:47 AM
Have a 10k dur Tiger. Works fine with Commander buffs up until 3.2 - 3.3 after that it gets sticky.
But then, it is for 5* tanks not the 4* stuff all other games throw out. So fine with that. Risk vs. Rewards = good. Works out.

AB needs better gameplay to make it more enjoyable for longer play sessions, yes. But some people are behaving as spoiled.

Game hands out 5* and immediate the ol' chorus gets going - my lvl20 3/4* team cannot get a fully skilled and working at one damn copy 5*. No shit? Any other game where that happens too? All of them for example? Or did Aigis suddenly hand out our their farmable 5* at full skill and lowest cost at 300 points instead of whaling for 1100+ points over 2 weeks?

And the commander level thing. It is wrong as it is now and it is wrong for them to fix it O_o. It is good that they listen and want to fix it. Their problem is that they tell things at really odd times (in an event) and odd places (tickets instead of front page). They are being too nice. Which should be a good thing, but this is the internet, so yeah ...

Problem : People cant get 5* due to whatever.
Fix : Introduce a 4* Event tank.

Because the gatcha rolls at 3k points, which are as good as other games event rewards in itself, are not registering, at all, at people. Need something flashy and desirable at say 60k instead of a huge bundle of goodies and say elite at 90k. Insane of course, because that bundle is worth waaaaaaaaaaay more than a 4* whether Elite or not. But hey, that's how humans work. More PR to make things desirable, less real rewards.

Problem : Commander scaling
Fix : Spam less 5*s now at tile 3 and a bit less at tile 4. Next event do fixed levels tile 1 to 4 and add a 5th tile for fanatics, farmers with hard boss fights and an ultra boss at last tile.

Unregistered
10-21-2017, 08:54 AM
A lot of that is good, but what's the point of event 4*s here? In FKG you can use the event golds for specific purposes (buffing up whale ships, for location-specific maps, or building a team all of one type for boss-fighting). Here, event 4*'s are just going to sit in my reserves and never see the light of day. Ever. All the 4*s on my team are already a much higher level and I'm not about to downgrade to a different 4*.

Unregistered
10-21-2017, 10:32 AM
It does not serve any purpose at all, other than to grab attention for low levels, beginners (both fair) or chorus members (not) who cant get the 5* (first two) or dont want to put into getting the 5* (last one)

Unregistered
10-21-2017, 01:39 PM
Then my commander ticked over to the next level... now I can't even make it through stage two without severe losses, forget stage 3.

Wait, the EVENT scales to commander level? I hadn't noticed that, Figured it was just the invasions. (Which I've never done since none of my tanks are anywhere near my commander level) thought the levels it said were the levels it was, period. That could definitely explain a lot.

Unregistered
10-21-2017, 01:46 PM
Game hands out 5* and immediate the ol' chorus gets going - my lvl20 3/4* team cannot get a fully skilled and working at one damn copy 5*. No shit? Any other game where that happens too? All of them for example? Or did Aigis suddenly hand out our their farmable 5* at full skill and lowest cost at 300 points instead of whaling for 1100+ points over 2 weeks?

By now I assume most people don't have much in the way of 3* on their team. I'm entirely 4* and higher, and am sitting on ~7k blueprints waiting for 5* I like to be available for research.

(that said, I'm thinking of replacing the 2 LT in my lineup with either MT or HT. I don't see much point in LT, they seem to just run up front then immediately die, even if I slap as much evade on them as I can.)

Unregistered
10-21-2017, 02:12 PM
So?

My Aigis team is mostly blacks (2 years on DMM), my FKG team fair deal of rainbows (1.5 years on DMM), yet both games still live and well by handing out mostly plats and golds.

Besides point was offering a 4* in addition to the 5*, not replacing them. The 4* was PR and Marketing bait, since people didnt get the 3k roll was better than the normal event unit seen elsewhere

Myrdin
10-22-2017, 12:55 AM
So?

My Aigis team is mostly blacks (2 years on DMM), my FKG team fair deal of rainbows (1.5 years on DMM), yet both games still live and well by handing out mostly plats and golds.

Besides point was offering a 4* in addition to the 5*, not replacing them. The 4* was PR and Marketing bait, since people didnt get the 3k roll was better than the normal event unit seen elsewhere

*Yes... and both games you named have much higher amount of content, ranging from H scenes, to mission maps, to events etc.
It is not a fair comparison by any means, to a content light game like AB that lacks in many of those areas and most people who stuck around till this point did so only to collect as many tanks, look at their stories and then drop the game.

Now this mindset might change considering we finally got to the point of events getting launched on the PC port as well. But in all honesty - I`ve been around for quite some while, and if this was a 3A title like an MMO or such, with first event as badly fucked up and new player inaccessible , not fun to play and frustrating at the retard difficulty spike, you would see half the population dropping immediately.
*Its easy to find examples of such titles and there are multiple dedicated Ytube channels who also dive into this topic.

If the reward for an event like this was any worse than a 5* tank, with the setting and scaling as it is atm, I guarantee majority of the people would just say "Fuck it" and either not entertain the thought, just dropping the game.
Many people called it - The first event is what makes or breaks a game like this, and were waiting for the Halloween event to see if they wanna stick around or not.
Anything less than a 5* as a Incentive to play would have not worked in this instance. The fact that you utilize a single team of 15 tanks and the rest will never see the light of day ever again... this same issue can be seen in Girls Symphony, where you get a lot of characters, but have just a single team of 9. Most of which sit on the bench for the rest of the game.
Now FKG did circumvent around this issue with things like Nation Battles, specialized missions etc. but by this point even it has such massive roster of Girls that you just cant avoid redundant characters being benched in favor of others.

Thats why it was necessary to have massive rewards in this event, to outweight all the negatives, scaling and overall bad coding of the event, map layout and overall frustration over any actual fun you SHOULD be having with your first in game Event since launch.
Just my two cents.

Ericridge
10-22-2017, 01:36 AM
I do recognize that its an issue that I only can use 15 tanks at most while others gets neglected but what can it be really done? Such is the limitations of lane game genre. My expectations is super low and i'm just playing randomly with no real goal in mind.

edit: I lied. My goal is to get all 15 blondes into my army. Their nationality doesn't matter only hair color. And unlock their hentai scenes. Beyond that, I don't have anything concrete which is why i have no fucks given about the current event lol. I cannot muster up the energy to grind over 100k points for girls that doesn't fit into my overall goal.

General Snuggles
10-24-2017, 01:26 PM
I've been reading this thread with great interest and like all of you I found the difficulty scaling broken. I couldn't beat the third hex at the start of the event at lvl 16, which at the level I was at the time made sense, however, I'm now at LVL 28 and my tanks still gets totally wipe out, 12 levels later and I'm no further ahead than I was at the start. Which is vexing as I can beat the 2nd hex tile very easily.

Anyhow, I read that they may make some changes mid-event to correct the issue, however, some say it's to late for that they won't get the awards anyways, while people who bought things with gems would feel gypped if the bar is suddenly lowered. I think the best way they could move forward at this point is to fix the issue for the next event and maybe in the meanwhile a happy medium would simply be to add a week to the event. This would give a better chance for people to get the 5S, while at the same time making them work for them rather than lowering the bar. For those who are more experience or spent money on the event, they'd still would benefit from the exchanges they can make with their extra event points. Also the company would likely make more money by extending the event as well. I think everyone would win under these circumstances.

With that said, I was new at the game when the event began, however, with dedication and a lot of planning and calculations I'm on track to get both of the 5s even if no changes is made.

Unregistered
10-24-2017, 03:45 PM
I don't care that I bought stuff under the old rules...make the change anyway. There's never any excuse to not make things right. It's bad enough that they're waiting until a normal maintenance instead of fixing it right away.

Zandel
10-24-2017, 05:49 PM
TBH The only thing that anoyed me a bit was the change from Emblem to Tank as the first 4-5* reward mid event. I had already gone past that stage and thus got stuck with emblems and i'm sure their were others who had that same issue. Now for some of us the emblems are better anyway but with the elite system they have extra copies of 4-5* girls are also very valuable. I would have liked to see them simply add the tank to the rewards this time around so that all players end up with the same instead of punishing those who were doing the right thing to begin with.

This event has not been that hard to get a single copy of each girl and for those who put in the effort even all 3 copies can be done with no RL cash investment. Please remember that low level accounts have a much easier time with this event then high level ones (unless you are max commander level with near max tanks), to me that made the starting requirement fair to begin with.

Also because the event scales with commander level you will always have trouble with tile 3 missions 3-4 and higher, the only exception to this is someone at commander level 50 with lvl 45+ tanks and decent emblems. We ALL had issues with tile 3, it's designed in such a way that the first 2 missions are doable with little to moderate losses while the last 2 are doable with moderate to heavy losses depending on your commander skills. The Defence and Stun skills make this much easier. Most of us have needed to wait multiple 2-3 hr repair cooldowns to clear tile 3 and any of the tile 4 missions (I can;t clear any of those myself).

Thankfully you do not need to complete any more then the first 2 of tile 3 to get 1 copy of each girl with ease, hell if you can complete the first 3 of tile 3 and spend the cores you get from the event rewards on the 50/50 currency pack in the shop you only need to add some pumpkins and you get all 3 copies of each girl... thus not that hard to do for anyone if they remember to log in and do the event each day.

General Snuggles
10-24-2017, 09:32 PM
TBH The only thing that anoyed me a bit was the change from Emblem to Tank as the first 4-5* reward mid event. I had already gone past that stage and thus got stuck with emblems and i'm sure their were others who had that same issue. Now for some of us the emblems are better anyway but with the elite system they have extra copies of 4-5* girls are also very valuable. I would have liked to see them simply add the tank to the rewards this time around so that all players end up with the same instead of punishing those who were doing the right thing to begin with.

This event has not been that hard to get a single copy of each girl and for those who put in the effort even all 3 copies can be done with no RL cash investment. Please remember that low level accounts have a much easier time with this event then high level ones (unless you are max commander level with near max tanks), to me that made the starting requirement fair to begin with.

Also because the event scales with commander level you will always have trouble with tile 3 missions 3-4 and higher, the only exception to this is someone at commander level 50 with lvl 45+ tanks and decent emblems. We ALL had issues with tile 3, it's designed in such a way that the first 2 missions are doable with little to moderate losses while the last 2 are doable with moderate to heavy losses depending on your commander skills. The Defence and Stun skills make this much easier. Most of us have needed to wait multiple 2-3 hr repair cooldowns to clear tile 3 and any of the tile 4 missions (I can;t clear any of those myself).

Thankfully you do not need to complete any more then the first 2 of tile 3 to get 1 copy of each girl with ease, hell if you can complete the first 3 of tile 3 and spend the cores you get from the event rewards on the 50/50 currency pack in the shop you only need to add some pumpkins and you get all 3 copies of each girl... thus not that hard to do for anyone if they remember to log in and do the event each day.

"This event has not been that hard to get a single copy of each girl and for those who put in the effort even all 3 copies can be done with no RL cash investment. Please remember that low level accounts have a much easier time with this event then high level ones (unless you are max commander level with near max tanks), to me that made the starting requirement fair to begin with."
That's true, mind you it did take a while to finally clue in that no matter how much I leveled the general that it would not make things easier. Once I figured that I should be focusing on lvling emblems, use the factory more, and that non story girls could be boosted with candy, I finally came to the point where I can now beat the first battle of the third hex. Today I received tow 4* today from the factory, I'm hoping that'll I'll be able to push further with that.

"Also because the event scales with commander level you will always have trouble with tile 3 missions 3-4 and higher, the only exception to this is someone at commander level 50 with lvl 45+ tanks and decent emblems. We ALL had issues with tile 3, it's designed in such a way that the first 2 missions are doable with little to moderate losses while the last 2 are doable with moderate to heavy losses depending on your commander skills. The Defence and Stun skills make this much easier. Most of us have needed to wait multiple 2-3 hr repair cooldowns to clear tile 3 and any of the tile 4 missions (I can;t clear any of those myself)."

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who's struggling :)

General Snuggles
10-24-2017, 09:33 PM
Thanks Zandel for the insightful feedback :)

Unregistered
10-25-2017, 12:43 AM
I can reliably (though not 100% on haunted path) clear both of the third tiles. As Zandel said, tile 3 takes me multiple pauses for repairs, to the point where I am no-lifing it with timers to wake me up in the middle of the night to run a map every three hours to get them done. This behavior is wearing rather thin on me, and I don't know exactly how long I can keep going like this. No event should require this much and this consistent time commitment, and I'm only completing the easiest three quarters of it.

I'd much rather have events cost oil but be no-repair like PoC. Hell, I can't even use my oil except for PoC because if I use it to play normally my Lieutenant will gain multiple levels (she gained two before I caught on and stopped running invasions) and the scaling will just make it harder and harder to complete the event maps.

Myrdin
10-25-2017, 04:02 AM
Tried the node 4, got my ass kicked so bad I reset the browser and never looked back at it.
Since I burned most of my cores for the bundles, I´ll have my M3 copies after the next day map reset, and arty should be on board after 3 more days max.
Finally this non fun, filled with frustration shit event will be done for me.

Shieun
10-25-2017, 04:21 AM
Just wait for the nerf on the 3rd tile and 4th tile.

I've tried doing the 4th tile once and I got rekted royally. Didnt even bother to try the 4th tile since then.

general snuggles
10-25-2017, 04:45 PM
I can reliably (though not 100% on haunted path) clear both of the third tiles. As Zandel said, tile 3 takes me multiple pauses for repairs, to the point where I am no-lifing it with timers to wake me up in the middle of the night to run a map every three hours to get them done. This behavior is wearing rather thin on me, and I don't know exactly how long I can keep going like this. No event should require this much and this consistent time commitment, and I'm only completing the easiest three quarters of it.

I'd much rather have events cost oil but be no-repair like PoC. Hell, I can't even use my oil except for PoC because if I use it to play normally my Lieutenant will gain multiple levels (she gained two before I caught on and stopped running invasions) and the scaling will just make it harder and harder to complete the event maps.

I can relate, many late nights trying to get just a few more points for the pot. I'm actually looking forward to the events end, like you said it wears a person down. I was thinking to break down the monotony of continuous grinding it would be fun to have mini games playable daily where you could win candy, cores, extra points etc. 20 days of clearing the sames hexes over and over gets pretty boring.

Zandel
10-25-2017, 04:52 PM
Just a heads up guys... but if you did the math at the very start of the event you would have found that you only need to clear up to tile 3 mission 2 (the last of the easy ones) to get one copy of each girl.... to get all three you need to clear tile 3 mission 3 and spend your oil each day to farm the pumpkins a bit. All in all not that much extra effort to get all 3.

Iggzikof
10-25-2017, 05:59 PM
Well maintenance soon so we will see how it will continue :p