PDA

View Full Version : [Event 26] Advent Battle vs Sphinx

Kitty
10-22-2017, 06:24 AM
It's been a long time not counting Phoenix rematch, but finally another light event! <br />
It has been very hard to collect decent weapons other than the assault hammers from raid, Phoenix's bow and the...

Slashley
10-22-2017, 07:38 AM
We're finally getting a "split" weapon, which has both Atk and HP. I assume it has 3% base Assault and 0% base HP? And each skill level gives both 0.5%? Because a 13% Assault/10% HP weapon is just damn good.

Aidoru
10-22-2017, 08:10 AM
More like we're finally getting a 2nd light SSR weapon.

bigblackcock
11-09-2017, 09:17 PM
monday it is then
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/314411010301755392/378397215003115520/e6cd8f7917395ccba86126097f2fa247cb7f69dfd2ab3f6765 70061a494da3bd.jpg?width=645&height=430

Blueguy
11-09-2017, 09:35 PM
My calendar is showing Sunday, which is odd for them, isn't it?

bigblackcock
11-09-2017, 09:51 PM
My calendar is showing Sunday, which is odd for them, isn't it?
It's all about timezone
The maintenance is on sunday 8 PM for them, but for me it's starts on monday 6AM
It depends on where you live

Eunicorn
11-10-2017, 12:26 AM
Not sure if I should grind on this Light event, because I really don't have anything on my Light arsenal.

inb4 finds sol

Pareidolia
11-10-2017, 12:47 AM
The Eidolon Is the best one statwise while the hammer is very strong

Aidoru
11-10-2017, 06:35 AM
Not sure if I should grind on this Light event, because I really don't have anything on my Light arsenal.

inb4 finds sol

Sphinx has very high base atk, 2nd highest of all the event eidolons and even higher than some max gacha eidolons. Unless you're using a full roster of even stronger max break'd gacha eidolons, you should probably at least max her out.

sanahtlig
11-10-2017, 07:51 AM
The debuff resistance down ability could be useful for teams not running Mordred, especially in Accessory Quests. That alone is reason enough to pick her up.

VeryVoodoo
11-10-2017, 11:22 PM
Do those debuff resistance down abilities have a certain amount or % of effectiveness attached to them? Is the Eid's the same as Mord's?

bigblackcock
11-10-2017, 11:58 PM
as i don't have any good healer to use for my dark formation, i think that i'll pick andromeda as soul for this event.
wanted to use mordred at first so i can have a nice combo of black propaganda+satan skills, but then i don't have healer nor def buff to my team, so if she strike hard my team may get wiped out.
or...i can use arc, cut damage for her overdrive attack and her regeneration may help my team to survive, i remember that in dullahan event, a kami that got beaten from death instant could revive with the effect of regeneration lol.
though now i'll have to either pick sniper shot to reduce damage and hit harder or black propaganda so along satan's skill it'll take her longer to use her overdrive attack.

Slashley
11-11-2017, 03:17 AM
Do those debuff resistance down abilities have a certain amount or % of effectiveness attached to them? Is the Eid's the same as Mord's?I think each one has different "rate" that helps a different amount... if memory serves, Balor couldn't overwrite Mordred's.

But of course, we don't know how exactly the thing works. Only that it works.

Kitty
11-12-2017, 03:25 AM
well, the wait is up...considering I posted this like..2-3 weeks ago..

Thank you for playing Kamihime Project.

The Advent Battle vs. Sphinx is about to begin!

----------

◆Event Period (PST)
After Maintenance ends 11/12 ~ 20:00 Nov 20th

◆Advent Battle vs. Sphinx

A sacred beast protector of the sand-blasted land of the dead,
transformed and reincarnated for destruction by a wicked sword,
now intends to soak the sea of sand in blood.

Exchange even exclusive materials in the shop.
Battle bosses for a chance to aquire rare items!

※ The event exchange shop for the Advent Battle vs. Mastema will close as of 20:00 Nov. 12th (PST), so make your exchanges while supplies last!
----------

The game will be undergoing maintenance beginning at 20:00, November 12th (PST) and lasting approximately 3 hours.
*The schedule of this maintenance may be changed due to unforeseen circumstances.

not really a problem for me, but I guess for some others... and who knows, maybe it'll end up becoming a problem for all and being another 7-8-9 hour maintenance... but hey, 500 free jewels anyone? eh??? eheh????? no? ok!

MrAir
11-12-2017, 06:57 AM
you can find ragna videos here (https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=%E3%82%B9%E3%83%95%E3%82%A3%E 3%83%B3%E3%82%AF%E3%82%B9+kamihime)
well, most of them are using strong decks, which is not give us boss understanding, but few of them not bad.

Eunicorn
11-12-2017, 07:05 AM
Sphinx has very high base atk, 2nd highest of all the event eidolons and even higher than some max gacha eidolons. Unless you're using a full roster of even stronger max break'd gacha eidolons, you should probably at least max her out.

Ah yes, I will max her out, however those weapons don't motivate me to focus almost of my schedule on the event. At least waiting for AP regen should suffice, and then suit myself on what are the left overs once I MLB'd the eidolon.

Slashley
11-12-2017, 07:36 AM
The very first thing I am doing when the event goes live is check if next events will be up on the server yet.
If not, then we won't know about Koihime until after Sphinx ends.

VeryVoodoo
11-12-2017, 09:22 AM
I think each one has different "rate" that helps a different amount... if memory serves, Balor couldn't overwrite Mordred's.

But of course, we don't know how exactly the thing works. Only that it works.

I see... well, thanks.

Maybe someday, we'll know the rates at which they work.

Slashley
11-12-2017, 09:57 AM
I doubt it. Checking for the chances of something is a colossal undertaking.
Just like how nobody is going to bother to check just how much each double attack+ buff gives exactly.

omelletetherice
11-13-2017, 12:38 AM
a quick warning to those whom didn't do rag yet. the regen doesn't stop the instant kill anymore, just tried it n got 2 of my himes instant killed so yea...

AutoCrimson
11-13-2017, 12:58 AM
hades will do the trick. all in all, she appeared to be a bit "easier" than i thought

Slashley
11-13-2017, 01:31 AM
a quick warning to those whom didn't do rag yet. the regen doesn't stop the instant kill anymore, just tried it n got 2 of my himes instant killed so yea...I brought Cleanse to get rid of it but... everyone resisted it. Felt like a waste.

She nuked down my Himes with focused fire one by one, still beat her. Not sure was I lucky or unlucky overall. She does seem resistant to debuffs, even with Mordred's debuff resistance down she resisted like half of Outrage's debuffs.

Also, next event is not up on the server...

sanahtlig
11-13-2017, 05:28 AM
So I did the first round of Ultimate manually. Sphinx died in about 3 turns without Burst.

Then I tried on Full Auto. Wiped my entire team out with the first Raging Overdrive. Oops. The trash has such low HP (all 4 mobs died in 1 turn), and the boss's overdrive damage is so high, that the first overdrive ends up being lethal.

fucka
11-13-2017, 07:47 AM
So I did the first round of Ultimate manually. Sphinx died in about 3 turns without Burst.

Then I tried on Full Auto. Wiped my entire team out with the first Raging Overdrive. Oops. The trash has such low HP (all 4 mobs died in 1 turn), and the boss's overdrive damage is so high, that the first overdrive ends up being lethal.

The battle is pretty easy, when I use auto battle without casting spells against trash, then turn spells on against boss.
One time forgotten using spells for the boss fight, half team was wiped out before i got noticed.

Unregistered
11-13-2017, 09:53 AM
The hammer does not have 2 skills, has 1 ????

Aidoru
11-13-2017, 10:30 AM
Auto battling ultimate from start does seem pretty risky depending on your set up and team atk. I can seem to consistently clear on auto battle, usually winning on the turn my characters would die from the debuff or the turn after where my subs come in and ones not afflicted with it would finish her off. I'll probably just throw Amon in there for the sake of casting the affliction guard.

I can't really see my dark team being able to handle Ragnarok but I guess we'll see later.

sanahtlig
11-13-2017, 10:43 AM
The Ultimate boss's overdrive did like 9k damage to my team. If you don't have any ATK down debuffs up at that point, you die.

Ragnarok was fairly straightforward. As previously advised, don't put up any DEF down debuffs and hold your damage skills + Black Propaganda until after the first overdrive. That gives you 4 turns to push the boss out of Rage. My Burst wasn't ready so I facetanked the Raging Overdrive. With -65% ATK down it wasn't too dangerous, but the debuff hit one of my kamihime and I didn't have a cleanse ready, so she died while the boss was stunned. The boss was dead before the next overdrive.

Bring lots of attack down and anyone with a decent team should be able to clear it. I used Mordred to guarantee debuffs landed, but Joan with Black Propaganda would also work.

Aidoru
11-13-2017, 10:55 AM
9k is a bit much. Were you using Beelzebub's party wide def down/atk up buff? Ultimate's raging overdrive only does around 5~6k on my dark himes, no atk debuffs or defensive buffs. 7k~8k on non-dark (see Amaterasu).

https://i.imgur.com/6kztyDd.jpg

Kitty
11-13-2017, 11:28 AM
ultimate is easy... ofc, easy enough to auto the first 2 rounds and auto ability the 3/3.. like other events.
ragnarok was stupidly easy, managed to beat her in like 2 mins, not even give her the chance to use raging overdrive and didn't even use BP lol

Slashley
11-13-2017, 11:45 AM
The hammer does not have 2 skills, has 1 ????It does, but you can't see it until you view it from your inventory for some reason.
The Ultimate boss's overdrive did like 9k damage to my team. If you don't have any ATK down debuffs up at that point, you die.I did 150 golds today, two times I was too immersed in YouTube to put Auto-Skills on for the boss in time. With 30% weapons HP and 20% Ygg, I didn't wipe to either Rage Overdrive. Did lose 4 Hime and 2 Hime (plus two debuffed), but... ... well, just saying that you can live it! Just have to have a loooot of HP!

Aidoru
11-13-2017, 12:02 PM
ultimate is easy... ofc, easy enough to auto the first 2 rounds and auto ability the 3/3.. like other events.

As far as I can remember, I have been able to auto battle every advent event from the start of the battle since the feature was implemented. For me, the fact that I would have to check in before boss to turn auto battle on from regular auto kind of defeats the purpose of auto battle.

sanahtlig
11-13-2017, 12:44 PM
I was running my typical Water grid and no HP eidolons, so like +15% HP total. Likely no buffs or debuffs active at the point the overdrive hit. 9k was the max but it was certainly enough to kill all 5 members instantly.

Slashley
11-13-2017, 12:51 PM
9k is about right on what it'll hit on all your Hime against a non-Dark. Double HP would probably get you to like 9500ish like me, so everyone damaged would still die. In addition, double HP would gimp your damage output a lot, wouldn't it? That makes it more likely for Rage Overdrive to happen, no?

... unless it gimps your damage output so bad that you don't get to Rage in time, but I doubt it.

AutoCrimson
11-13-2017, 01:02 PM
strange.. im just using full auto on Ultimate (aka fire-and-forget) on both accouts since first turn... did like, 70 battles total, failed in one on alt acc.
dark teams main/alt 35/36k or so

omelletetherice
11-13-2017, 01:06 PM
tried rag again today this time with mordred and my fire team (last time used my dark team). went WA~~Y smoother, ended up just knocking her into rage mode and takin that od, since unless im wrong it does less then normal od. amon skill blocked death debuff so i just kinda beat her throu raw power. she's not too bad, actually a bit easy with the right team.

Aidoru
11-13-2017, 01:07 PM
I'd say she's easy enough that using HP eidolons to survive is fine. The fight on auto-battle is more or less surviving the raging overdrive and she's pretty much dead after. If anything, gimping...

sanahtlig
11-13-2017, 03:27 PM
Reducing damage has the secondary effect of keeping the trash up longer, which means debuffs might be ready again before the overdrive.

Blueguy
11-13-2017, 03:34 PM
So 2 half ethers a day again? I like.

sanahtlig
11-13-2017, 03:53 PM
So I replaced Shiva with Belphegor and ran double character ATK/HP eidolon, and that completely fixed the issue. A full round of debuffs and Burst was ready before the overdrive, greatly easing the difficulty. Full auto requires optimization. You can't have too much or too little damage.

fucka
11-13-2017, 04:37 PM
So I replaced Shiva with Belphegor and ran double character ATK/HP eidolon, and that completely fixed the issue. A full round of debuffs and Burst was ready before the overdrive, greatly easing the difficulty. Full auto requires optimization. You can't have too much or too little damage.

If 1 kami triple hits often, full auto battle could fail too.

sanahtlig
11-13-2017, 06:12 PM
If 1 kami triple hits often, full auto battle could fail too.
It's worked like 5 battles in a row. As long as the ATK debuffs are up, the overdrive doesn't kill anyone other than Sol. There's quite a bit of leeway since debuffs refresh on turn 7, and the boss doesn't overdrive til turn 9 or so. Taking Shiva out massively reduced the DPS on trash.

Kitty
11-13-2017, 09:47 PM
As far as I can remember, I have been able to auto battle every advent event from the start of the battle since the feature was implemented. For me, the fact that I would have to check in before boss to turn auto battle on from regular auto kind of defeats the purpose of auto battle.

I was able to do the same, but the first 2 round end stupidly quickly with all my abilities, and since i'm using my debuffs for them too, sphinx ends up with no debuffs throughout most of the battle, and since i'm using Arthur w/ sniper shot instead of mordred or a healer with bp/cleanse, I could die pretty fast but... managed to pull it off in auto ability. but honestly it just takes longer, but at least i know i can do it.. i'll stick with auto 1-2 and auto ability 3 cause it's just faster, and i'm lazy

Kitty
11-13-2017, 09:52 PM
honesty, I have it pretty easy considering i found amon U like...right before the event, lol ...

beat ragnarok Sphinx in all of a few turns..

1- 45% def debuff, 20% atk debuff , 20% atk buff+ normal attack twice (she's almost raging, and ready for overdrive atk)
2- eligos ability (raging) amon U ability (half rage bar down) + arthurs ability + eligos 3rd and beelzebub rampage was enough to make her stunned in 1 turn
3- still rampage, attack her and she turns out to still be stunned after it, so used amon U stunned ability after.. but didn't work lol
4- she's literally almost dead. but uses her normal overdrive atk and kills..2? of my kami.. while the rest are now at full burst from the high damage, and i just auto abilitied from there..

no real strategy, just purely offense, i didn't expect to win but i actually did lol

Pareidolia
11-13-2017, 11:08 PM
holy hell, I misclicked the wrong team on my Ragnarok attempt and went with this (leveling team) https://i.imgur.com/nMML8Fs.jpg
and I actually won lol, I'm feeling this is easier than Yata or Garuda, I mean, I won without using an Elixir, using EX Vicissitudes of Fortune (yes, no Black Propaganda), using the wrong team, no healers and making a few mistakes in battle-

sanahtlig
11-14-2017, 06:42 AM
If you have a strong counter-element team, any Advent Ragnarok should be easy.

Kitty
11-14-2017, 06:50 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k15Ahh-ruME

decided to play around and do ragnarok, wasn't as smooth as yesterday but still managed to win..

MrAir
11-14-2017, 07:18 AM
Is there any ideas about how long sphinx's advent shop will be opened after event ends?

*for saving res to purchase HE each day

Slashley
11-14-2017, 08:07 AM
Is there any ideas about how long sphinx's advent shop will be opened after event ends?

*for saving res to purchase HE each dayGood question. Either 0-3 days if we get Koihime, or about a week if we don't.

bigblackcock
11-14-2017, 10:45 AM
just recorded my ragnarok attempt now :O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDiP-eQZ7Wk

mustafa
11-14-2017, 01:59 PM
just got SSR eidolon from ultimate

Maria
11-14-2017, 02:13 PM
Luck is real ^ me, wih I could get an SSR copy to, to proceed w/ SSR Hammer.

Pareidolia
11-14-2017, 02:44 PM
Well, I got everything MLB'd, officially done with the event, I'll do AP recovery Runs for the Elixirs :D

AgentFakku
11-14-2017, 04:49 PM
I can only do expert

Ultimate, she pwns the whole group outside of rage, I was like "wut" LOL

I think Im gonna aim for the Eidolon instead of light SR weapon since my Light team isn't good

Unregistered
11-15-2017, 03:47 AM
Can you still buy elixirs every day after event ends? I really don't want to waste time farming mats if not..

Slashley
11-15-2017, 06:58 AM
You can buy them every day as long as the shop is open.
The shop is usually closed when the next Advent event comes along.

AgentFakku
11-16-2017, 03:38 PM
bought 2 Sphinx-chan

flipped a quarter whether to go for the event weapon or Eidolon

Slashley
11-19-2017, 07:51 AM
Union mates don't really seem to understand the benefit delaying DPS and/or Black Propaganda, so I made a video about it. Simply put, the whole idea is to avoid Rage Overdrive and eat normal Overdrive on purpose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLmv7TVmV_c

I played far from perfect, with two big misplays on Raiko especially, but hey. And yes, against high attack events like Sphinx, it's always that messy with a Thunder team. Only wiped once so far though, and that was when Ambush got resisted.

Aidoru
11-19-2017, 08:06 AM
It simply gives you 4 turns for raging overdrive instead of whatever else you would have if you had gone full offensive at first. Strong team probably don't even need to worry about it.

I've had a couple bad attempts where my team double/triple attacked to much pushing it into rage to early, but in my case, I still have multiple skills to help me through and end results were more or less the same if I didn't push.

sanahtlig
11-19-2017, 08:32 AM
I played far from perfect, with two big misplays on Raiko especially, but hey. And yes, against high attack events like Sphinx, it's always that messy with a Thunder team. Only wiped once so far though, and that was when Ambush got resisted.
Looks like 2 overdrives is enough to wipe you. Having only -25% ATK really hurts. In my case, I'm running with -65% ATK so the normal attacks barely tickle, and I've never lost a character before Full Burst is ready. But I also can't typically get off a Full Burst until the 2nd overdrive hits.

sanahtlig
11-19-2017, 08:37 AM
It simply gives you 4 turns for raging overdrive instead of whatever else you would have if you had gone full offensive at first. Strong team probably don't even need to worry about it.
Not quite. Full Burst is what will definitively end the Rage phase. For most teams, 4 turns is not enough to have a Full Burst ready. 7 could be (though generally isn't for me due to my damage mitigation).

If you have a cleanse, it doesn't really matter. But not all teams have access to a cleanse without sacrificing a debuff slot.

LeCrestfallen
11-19-2017, 09:16 AM
Can confirm, -55% attack and cleanse for the debuff and you just don't care about the overdrive, just burst her down, pushes the countdown back to the second raging overdrive burst. And even then there is a good chance that the last two remaining himes might win the fight for you.

AgentFakku
11-21-2017, 05:07 AM
Sphinx=chan is my first max Event Eidolon
Boi took so much grinding -

sanahtlig
11-21-2017, 07:20 AM
Sphinx=chan is my first max Event Eidolon
Boi took so much grinding -
If you can clear Ultimate it can be done without half-elixirs, while absent for half the day. A strong team can even do it on Auto.