PDA

View Full Version : wow. useless gear award.

BgSt
10-30-2017, 09:09 PM
So I just got the Halloween reward, a full set of Epic gear. All with split (2-stat) boosts, but *none* of which are my primary stat. So that's 12 slots, and none of them hit Knowhow. By my calculation, there's < 7% chance of that. I wonder if anybody else got (un)lucky, or if this was baked in to the gear award.

Unregistered
10-30-2017, 09:53 PM
It is, what it is. A (useless) lvl 110 Halloween-Costume.
I'll put it in my closet and will wear my lvl 50 Armor-Set, you gave us after the update. Thanks for this nice Power-Armor. It is 60 lvl lower but at least it is more powerful.
I know, I know its a legendary set, but my Marketplace shows me more useful Armor.
As I said: Nice try guys!
Greetings

Mike aka OneOfTheOld from Germany

Eversor86
10-30-2017, 11:14 PM
My rainbow legendaries I have from 2.0 gift and few 10 epic pachinko spins stay my gear, the "awesome cool" reward became a small cash income.

Honesly, who TF thought that a event reward should be RNG based items? Those should have stats based on primary stat of the player receiving them.

Dari
10-31-2017, 04:05 AM
Yeah, it is a lame reward.

Tyruss007
10-31-2017, 04:19 AM
I like the idea but its sad since its much worse then my old gear (and split stats are just bad) I will not be using it. And other problem is that you even dont need any gear right now since you can onehot bosses without any gear and IF they rework pvp or something it will be long time in the future and at that time this gear will be old and even more usseless

XiliX
10-31-2017, 07:01 AM
I sold them as they were as useless as my attempts at getting Darklord to drop a girl these past two events :mad:

Caitlenren
10-31-2017, 07:07 AM
Thought they will be legendary, not epic. What a disappointment.

Tristelune
10-31-2017, 02:10 PM
[...] it will be long time in the future and at that time this gear will be old and even more usseless

Oh, do you have special insider information? Can you share, please?

Tyruss
10-31-2017, 02:26 PM
No specific details. Only some time ago devs said on forum and discord that they are working on rework for battles so it will be interesting for players and stats will have meaning. But it will be "in the future" so cant expect it so fast after 2.0 and all problems with affection

Eversor86
10-31-2017, 02:37 PM
Not sure if those battle mechanics changes are supposed to be released with PvP changes, or are considered a separate thing, but PvP changes are supposed to be hitting live before end of the year or so I heard/saw on discord.

Tristelune
10-31-2017, 03:18 PM
Actually, i know all of that. I was just curious to know upon which information would someone states that PvP rebalance will only happen in a "long time in the future".
There will be minor features in meantime, but the PvP rebalance is the next big feature. Latest ETA put it on Q1 2018 (still a chance for the end of the year, but it's rather unlikely, i'm told), which by my book is not a "long time in the future". But i guess it's a matter of referential.

Also, yes, PvP and Battle mechanics rebuilding are supposed to be on the same one big update, unless they change their plans on the way.

sniddy
10-31-2017, 04:13 PM
It was indeed turdtastic - thanks

Unregistered
10-31-2017, 04:49 PM
The reward-gear was useless (significantly less powerful than the reward set I got ages ago which is less than half its level), save for adding a little cash which I desperately need due to the unreasonable amounts it takes to upgrade girls these days.

Added to that, seven days are not enough time to reliably (or at all in my case) get the Halloween Juliette drop, due to the dodgy drop rates for girls in battles.

Overall, the Halloween event this year seems to have been decidedly half-arsed in implementation; the only use it's had for me is in providing more daily missions with gold-currency rewards. Thanks to the fact that the Epic Pachinko doesn't prioritise event girls anymore, I couldn't even get one that way...

Presumably for Christmas we'll get a set of Common items and a total of about two days to try for the event girl, judging by this example.

Eversor86
11-01-2017, 01:21 AM
I didn't get Juliette either, but at least I managed to hit 900 kobans while event was up and got Halloween Kimie, so I am not that mad/sad about this short event ;].

Tristelune
11-01-2017, 04:24 AM
Overall, the Halloween event this year seems to have been decidedly half-arsed in implementation; the only use it's had for me is in providing more daily missions with gold-currency rewards. Thanks to the fact that the Epic Pachinko doesn't prioritise event girls anymore, I couldn't even get one that way...

It was the opportunity for a large number of players to get Halloween Juliette. The fact that you weren't lucky enough to drop her doesn't necessarily mean their implementation was half-arsed.
Also, they focus on each month main event. These "revival" event are just bonus: an apportunity for players to acquire girls they missed in the past and for Kinkoid to get a bit more money. Complaining because we got bonus and additional opportunities seems not reasonnable...

Presumably for Christmas we'll get a set of Common items and a total of about two days to try for the event girl, judging by this example.
You're getting ridiculous here...

Unregistered
11-01-2017, 04:47 AM
I just sold it all. I'm still using the legendary set they gave away after the update. It's level 31 and I'm level 91... only replaced 2 pieces.

Unregistered
11-01-2017, 04:49 AM
I tried and tried to get the event girl but no luck :(

Unregistered
11-03-2017, 06:06 PM
My rainbow legendaries I have from 2.0 gift and few 10 epic pachinko spins stay my gear, the "awesome cool" reward became a small cash income.

Honesly, who TF thought that a event reward should be RNG based items? Those should have stats based on primary stat of the player receiving them.

Sooo much this! VERY underwhelmed.

vem
11-04-2017, 12:47 PM
I just sold it all. I'm still using the legendary set they gave away after the update. It's level 31 and I'm level 91... only replaced 2 pieces.

You haven't found a single epic for your primary stat in 60 levels?

soviras
11-04-2017, 02:14 PM
You haven't found a single epic for your primary stat in 60 levels?

Sounds reasonable. You don't get many epics unless you do pachinko, and money is better spent on affection.

Eversor86
11-04-2017, 05:37 PM
Sounds reasonable. You don't get many epics unless you do pachinko, and money is better spent on affection.

Plus, stats for now are useless if you have enough of them, so spending money on gear is a waste. We don't know what pvp/battle mechanics update will bring. Who knows maybe actually having non-primary stats will be desirable? Thus making mixed stat items that tend to have more total stats than single stat ones better?

Only items I get are rewards, random free drops, koban pachinko once per while, and as long as I did saw few epic items with my primary stat only, i rather have rainbow legendaries that give total more stats even being 30+ levels lower.

MuljoStpho
11-04-2017, 07:51 PM
Charm profile, currently level 112. (side note: I've got stats purchased as far as costing 5001, 9501, and 5001 for the next points (don't really know how close to maxed out that is))

The (level 108) set that the Halloween event gave me has:
* hardcore/know-how
* know-how/crit
* charm/endurance
* hardcore/endurance
* know-how/endurance
* endurance/crit

Only one piece with any of my main stat. Two with crit as a stat (which is easy enough to be maxed out on without pieces that specifically raise it). And freakin four pieces with endurance (from what I've always seen though, you gain more endurance from an amount of main stat than you gain from having endurance as a stat directly).

My currently equipped items are a level 53 rainbow legendary plus charm-only epic pieces at levels 78, 80, 80, 89, and 92. I'll easily stick with these pieces over the Halloween set.

The previous freebie set, the full set of rainbow legendaries, was for level 50 for me.

Eversor86
11-05-2017, 01:36 AM
(side note: I've got stats purchased as far as costing 5001, 9501, and 5001 for the next points (don't really know how close to maxed out that is))

If my math is right there is 19620 possible upgrades per stat. Last one will cost over 212k. Upgrades costing 5001 are somewhere around 2500 and upgrade costing 9501 is around 3k4 out of those 19k62. So you barely even scratched the upgrade surface ;].

I myself stopped at cost of over 12k, which is just shy above 4k upgrades done. Which means I spent like a bit over 60M on upgrades (well add 120M pre 2.0 from maxed upgrades back then). Upgrading single stat to max will cost nearly 1460M thou, so you can see how barely upgraded most of us are hehe.