PDA

View Full Version : So Aegis is closing down

LeCrestfallen
10-31-2017, 04:31 AM
Do we get any compensation at all for all the money we have invested into this game all these years?
Can only speak for myself but i did spend a considerable amount of money on this game over all the years, someone know how Nutaku handles game property that closes down?

ZeroZet
10-31-2017, 04:33 AM
They pull the plug, and that's it.

Best you can hope for is some freebies in some random other game, that was the "compensation" for previous closures.

LeCrestfallen
10-31-2017, 04:39 AM
Yeah well, since i only play one other game from nutaku and the chances are slim that they compensate me with something in that specific game ...
Good bye my lvl 268 prince and all the nice waifus, it was a good time.

Eliont
10-31-2017, 04:41 AM
So please, who still playing, please video record character scenes or pm me you acc data so i can do it myself.

lolix
10-31-2017, 05:00 AM
yeah , i don't play any other game , and i dont have the patience to start on DMM. With aigis closing , it's probably the last you will see of me on this forum as well.

Good bye my 2 level 245 accounts :((

Arkinum
10-31-2017, 06:06 AM
I'm just painted surprised.....

This game was doing pretty good from what I could tell, and even I was dropping some money on it every once in a while.

It would be nice if Nutaku gave us a reason for the sudden closure.

At this rate I'm going to stop playing at Nutaku. The other games they have don't really appeal to me. They are either boring, too much of a time sink or an asset flip like Pussy Saga witch I refuse to even acknowledge.

Sad day today.......

Frelas
10-31-2017, 06:14 AM
Ugh i´m always really cautious for spending money on online games, but because aegis looked like it was doing fine, i decided to spend money on it a few weeks ago. Well lesson learned never spend a dime on online games.

kyba24
10-31-2017, 06:23 AM
level 215...all that time and money feels wasted now. just got Anya too. guess im done with nutaku

Unregistered
10-31-2017, 06:36 AM
This is pretty surprising... I know they've shut down a lot of other games, but I didn't expect this.

Without knowing why they're shutting MWA down, I'm not comfortable at all spending more money on Nutaku, and I'm not sure about my time either, even if I do enjoy some of the games that aren't shut down yet.

I guess I'll stick around on Nutaku to see if they have anything to say, and to max out Anna's affection as a sort of farewell.

Unregistered
10-31-2017, 06:59 AM
Noooooooooooooooo :/ !!!
One of my favourite games on Nutaku, my level 255 prince! 2 years of gaming :/ !!!
Why ???

Unregistered
10-31-2017, 07:00 AM
... rip
guess its time to immigrate to dmm servers

Nero010
10-31-2017, 07:10 AM
Prince 225. Just spend 100$ and 300 SC last month and begining this month. Am even getting a plat ticket and special stamp card for next month still.
Im not naive. I know the risk of spending in online games. But i guess no one saw this coming. I can absolutly understand everyone who lost his trust in spending or playing on nutaku in general at all. I left all other games i played on nutaku sooner or later just not aigis. I feel sad. I realy loved this game and wouldve still played it for years. Our community here and at the wiki is realy nice too and i enjoyed talking about mwa here with everyone to relax after a stressfull day. Sadly i dont see myself transitioning to DMM. I commited to much on here and enjoy my tiny bits of understandable story.

Happy Halloween to everyone.

lolix
10-31-2017, 07:16 AM
same here nero. I don't feel like transfering (unless they somehow alow trasnfering accounts) , and i didn't saw that comming either.

I thought MWA was one of their best money making game. Guess i was wrong

Unregistered2452452
10-31-2017, 07:34 AM
I really hope Nutaku reconsider this, but if they want to go full-greedy on their decisions, then we can use one of the free-market's basic concept to let them know this is a really bad choice.

Stop rewarding them with our preference! The demand for their services is what sustains their social media campaign, marketing campaigns, etc. which in turn enables them to reach more people and potential paying customers.

If they actually shut down the game, it is clear for me that I have to unsub, unfollow, etc any of their media stuff, as well as obviously not to visit the platform itself, let alone make any purchase.
As insignificant as it sounds, but given MWA's player base, these simple actions as a group will impact them.

Also, for those who paid recently, you can always dispute the purchases made on it, and use the service closure notification as proof of the service not being provided as satisfactory as offered. But that's a last resort that could backfire. Let's wait and hope Nutaku rethinks this.

Arkinum
10-31-2017, 07:40 AM
There is nothing wrong with putting down some money on a game you like. If we didn't fund it, MWA would likely have closed down sooner.

I'm still honestly scratching my head. I don't think they were making buckets of money, but for a fairly niche market I find it hard to believe they weren't at least breaking even. Not to mention this game went though quite a few milestones since it's arrival.

I'm really curious as to "why" now.

Edit: @Unregistered2452452
For all we know, the dev in Japan decided to pull the plug.

faketurtle
10-31-2017, 07:41 AM

So I haven't been on Nutaku in about half a month, decided to play again some... And pretty much only enjoyed Aigis...

Guess this is life telling me to get back to work...

Tenhou
10-31-2017, 07:49 AM
Well, that was honestly really unexpected seeing how they were giving us a lot of events. The irony that they gave us the anniversary celebration event before they shut it down as if they're...

JakubK
10-31-2017, 07:50 AM
Farewell fellow princes...
Farewell goddess Aigis...
Farewell my waifus...
It's time to find another world, another life, another phantasy.
Soon you wll become only a memory...dream i once had...

/JakubK, level 224

faketurtle
10-31-2017, 07:52 AM
Now I am genuinely curious as to what games are the real moneymakers for Nutaku. I mean, Aigis seems to have a decent amount of whales, and honestly now, do games like Crush Crush earn Nutaku more money than Aigis?

Unregistered
10-31-2017, 08:05 AM
I'm all for mass unliking/unsubbing Nutaku's stuff, but I don't think it'd do much. Doing it regardless though. #FuckNutaku

Dari
10-31-2017, 08:10 AM
Look at the bright side we will probably get another western trash game /s

KosmoJo
10-31-2017, 08:13 AM
Yeah, the best game on Nutaku is closing... This is a very sad news.
Prince 189

faketurtle
10-31-2017, 08:24 AM
So wait... Read around a bit...

Does DMM have control over Aigis in Nutaku? And is closure their choice and potentially not Nutaku's?

Because if so... Man... JP has sone really confusing business logic.

Unregistered
10-31-2017, 08:30 AM
Does not matter whose "choice" it was to me-- even if DMM devs decided it, Nutaku is the provider that takes our money. If Aigis closes it is the final straw for me, they have allowed so many other games to go down that it is obvious they cannot be taken seriously as a legitimate content platform. Spending money is essentially burning it at this point-- and who wants to spend for unfun gameplay or terrible art to begin with? MWA is a solid game all around.

PrimalShade
10-31-2017, 08:31 AM
Yeah, the DMM side had control over Nutaku Aigis, to my understanding. And I also think relations between DMM and Nutaku have possibly soured, as apparently some Nutaku staff confirmed, awhile back, that Nutaku would not be bringing over any new DMM games, or something.

faketurtle
10-31-2017, 08:36 AM
Huh... Now I'm less annoyed at Nutaku and more at DMM.

Maybe if a different platform was to emerge that was for porting DMM games, Aigis in English can return...

Unless Nutaku offended DMM so badly that DMM just doesn't want to Port games to a western audience at all anymore.

faketurtle
10-31-2017, 08:37 AM
Or, optimally speaking, DMM may decide to cut out middlemen and just Port their own games onto their western site.

Iggzikof
10-31-2017, 08:43 AM
Oh crap another game where i spent hundreds,, well nutaku is really bad provider x( guess im done with spending here

lolix
10-31-2017, 08:51 AM
Or, optimally speaking, DMM may decide to cut out middlemen and just Port their own games onto their western site.

doesn't change the fact that our accounts will probably be fucked either way

Tenhou
10-31-2017, 08:55 AM
Faesbuk update. Pretty much nothing other than "we don't know what to do will update when we can, pls no angry"

https://www.facebook.com/pg/nutakugames/posts/?ref=page_internal

Skulkraken
10-31-2017, 08:55 AM

I'd seriously like that option, but I doubt it'll happen.

In any case, this probably doesn't bode well for games like Dragon Providence and Kamihime Project...

Unregistered
10-31-2017, 08:56 AM
My account was at Lvl 238 with over 4 million gold, 42 current sacred crystals, 1507 demon crystals, and 485 moment crystals.
I have 209 valued units in my unit list and 26 daily and special gifts like valentines, and extra an extra Katie and more.

I found a site a month back that had allowed people to trade or sell various game accounts including a few of these MWA accounts.
I really enjoyed MWA but my work was making it so that I did not have time to spend on completing all the 4 star challenge story missions and the newest story mission updates. So I was considering either selling my account or trading it for some Ethereum or something, as I did not want all of my work to just go to waste....

My unit levels allow me to tackle all the G levels currently deployed and I had stockpiled resources in order to enjoy all the upcoming events.
I am pretty disappointed in the news, and I just can't see myself spending any more time on it with this announcement...

UnregAnon
10-31-2017, 08:59 AM
There's an update on Nutaku facebook. It reads:

"Hey Everyone,
We are deeply saddened that Aigis will be closing. We have not yet been told what day it will officially close on Nutaku, and we are waiting on the developer response.
We hear your questions and concerns, and we certainly understand the frustration. We do hope you understand that we are merely a platform that distributes these game, and game closures come from the developers and are entirely out of our hands. If it were up to us we'd keep Aigis forever!
We will update you when we find out more information!
-The Nutaku Team"

Source: I can't post links... Facebook's website with the following at the end: /nutakugames/posts/752638731586365

I don't know if it's true, but it's something.

1Playa
10-31-2017, 09:06 AM
It's a tough break for the site and the fans for sure. Aigis was controlled by the original dev in Japan as far as I know. It's hard to justify the numbers in the Western adult market compared to supporting the same game in Japan.

Japan's industry is so much more mature and is worth 100's of million compared to the West's pretty new adult market.

Frelas
10-31-2017, 09:44 AM
It seems the people on the ulmf forums couldnt handle the bad news and now the entire site is down.

Ray
10-31-2017, 09:47 AM
Welp, Aigis was the only thing that kept me on this stupid website.

Time to bail.

I was only listening with one ear when people told me to migrate on DMM, but now the lesson is learned.

I hope Nutaku goes down with their shitty marketing choices. Bye.

Tony
10-31-2017, 10:20 AM
Ray: Hold your horses, there's been some talk that DMM is actually the one that pulled the plug. Personally, if this is true, I wouldn't want to throw any business their way.

Personally, I think I'll continue to log in, but just for rewards and gifts, go on a roll spree, and try to get the scenes before it all ends. Then I'll throw investment into FGO. Gotta get that gatcha itch somehow.

Unregistered
10-31-2017, 11:20 AM
wow, thats really fucking stupid... i dont think it performed that bad but it probably didnt pull enough cash for them... still fuck this!

im really glad that i started on both pages. but they wont see any money whatsoever...

fk em =)

Unregistered
10-31-2017, 11:25 AM
obviously i pull Black Matsuri on the last roll =)

A Time to Screw
10-31-2017, 11:37 AM
I like how Nutaku is once again going back to the "We didn't have anything to do with it it's the devs that decided this" excuse.

Pretending as if they didn't have a history of mismanaging DMM games with horrible censorship and gacha handling that painted them in a bad light to DMM devs in the first place. Let's not forget Aigis itself has had a horrible troubling history since the beginning with censorship and slow as hell updates.

They just finally decided it wasn't worth all the trouble. DMM doesn't need Nutaku, and now it especially never will. Nutaku themselves have already decided that DMM games aren't worth the trouble either and would much rather deal with native western devs and shitty eroge translations like the gaijin they are.

Unregistered
10-31-2017, 11:56 AM
I like how Nutaku is going back to the "We didn't have anything to do with it it's the devs that decided this" excuse.

Pretending as if they didn't have a history of mismanaging DMM games with horrible censorship and gacha handling that painted them in a bad light to DMM devs in the first place. Let's not forget Aigis itself has had a horrible troubling history since the beginning with censorship and slow as hell updates.

They just finally decided it wasn't worth all the trouble. DMM doesn't need Nutaku, and now it especially never will. Nutaku themselves have already decided that DMM games aren't worth the trouble either and would much rather deal with native western devs and shitty eroge translations like the gaijin they are.

Why do you think it is an excuse? Does Nutaku staff translate the game or some people in Japan that work for DMM? Seeing as Devs are the ones who roll out the updates I believe it is the latter. Maybe they see that keeping extra people to translate the game costs more than the income that English version brings.

I don't understand why people are so angry at Nutaku. They brought you this game, without them you wouldn't play it for those two years because you wouldn't even know about DMM or can't play in Japanese. I am not talking about you personally, but about 95% of the people who complain. It is very sad to see the game gone, but it was a business decision, it is not a charity, you know. All this anger and personal assault at Nutaku are just stupid. It's like complaining at Steam that some developer closes down his game...

"Horrible censorship" is not because of they just want to do that, it's because there are certain laws in different countries. While in Japan it may be ok to display sex scenes with characters that look young, in most western countries it is not ok.

"Gacha handling" - not sure what's this about.

Unregistered
10-31-2017, 12:08 PM
Nutaku is a content provider. If they cannot handle providing the content they have offered, they have no reason being in business. Yes the DMM devs deserve equal blame, but Nutaku has been happy to take our money too. They are not off the hook for this and deserve scorn as well if they cannot fix it.

Shintuan
10-31-2017, 12:08 PM
Aigis was definitely my favorite game on nutaku. I'm curious to see how this will be handled going forward. This situation has managed to get me to stop doing the hard grind in Kamihime Project as well. Not worth the risk of wasted time at this point.

Unregistered
10-31-2017, 12:10 PM
Different unregistered here.

Nutaku played this off in FB like they were as surprised as we were. This breaks their credibility.
1. Nordland stopped giving previews on Discord/ULMF over a month ago.
2. MWA disappeared from Nutaku's front page at the beginning of Oct.
3. Legal contracts that cover partnerships like Nutaku's and DMM's are almost universally structured to prevent one side from notifying the public about a termination without significant prior warning to the other party.

RRYGO
10-31-2017, 12:22 PM
One year trying to become strong enough to get a better Elva (the reason i came to this game) in some revival...

I knew gettin Grace had to come with a payback...didnt expected it was no more game...

Unregistered
10-31-2017, 12:42 PM
Different unregistered here.

Nutaku played this off in FB like they were as surprised as we were. This breaks their credibility.
1. Nordland stopped giving previews on Discord/ULMF over a month ago.
2. MWA disappeared from Nutaku's front page at the beginning of Oct.
3. Legal contracts that cover partnerships like Nutaku's and DMM's are almost universally structured to prevent one side from notifying the public about a termination without significant prior warning to the other party.

Why can't they be surprised if it was unexpected for them? Why assume that they were lying even though they said that they are surprised too. I believe they want this game on this site so it would not make sense for them to initiate the closure.

Nordland giving previews was his/her initiative as far as I understand. The devs need to be contacted about what they were going to release and if they answered then the preview could be done. If they stopped answering or if he/she just didn't have time to contact them you can't fault them for that.

Front page is sorted according to popularity as far as I understand. New games usually stay on top, and MWA jumped to the top and away from the list all the time depending on which events are running.

We don't know what contracts were used in this case. Maybe this was not covered in the contract (you even said it yourself - "almost universally", which means "not always") or maybe it's a misunderstanding or maybe Nutaku broke some rules in the contract and that allowed the other side to announce the termination without the warning. It is also possible that different departments (that are used for making contracts) on Nutaku were notified about this while other departments that control the information weren't - I have no idea how many people are employed by Nutaku, but it is possible when there are even only 2 different people there, maybe even with one if notification mail got lost among the others.

It's also possible that there was an ongoing discussion between two sides, where devs notified Nutaku, Nutaku people responded that they would like to keep the game and proposed some conditions, but devs weren't satisfied and still announced the termination.

Remember that DMM also sells other things related to this game - I think, comix series, so even if the game itself is not profitable they can keep it because of selling extra things that are related to it. On english version there are no extra things, so game has less audience and less things to sell, that means it is much less profitable.

AgentFakku
10-31-2017, 01:25 PM
Aigis was my first game on Nutaku. I saw it on Sankaku Complex. I was attracted to the Hentai stuff but gradually moved on to loving the game play.

I better take pics of my waifus and husbandos that I sank a lotta time in. I was planning to AW Eterna and Robert but I guess not.

Been a nice ride.

It was a shame Nutaku closed you. The game has so much potential but Nutaku, Japanese Devs or whoever couldn't bring it

A Time to Screw
10-31-2017, 02:38 PM
Why do you think it is an excuse?

I don't understand why people are so angry at Nutaku. They brought you this game, without them you wouldn't play it for those two years because you wouldn't even know about DMM or can't play in Japanese.

Because it's the same excuse they always use for every game closure. Every. Time.
There comes a point where you gotta stop listening to the boy who cried wolf and start looking for the wolf itself. In this case, the boy IS the wolf.

You seem to be glad we "ever got anything at all." But personally? I think they should do it right the first time or they don't do it at all.
Because instead, now the western localization of Aigis will forever be marred with a terrible history and a disappointing game closure that puts the whole h-game localization scene a bad reputation. This did far more damage than it did good for Nutaku and its playerbase that have been spurrned out of their time and money and are likely never going to touch another h-game.

So yeah, you can be happy with this pile of shit or whatever. But everyone else would rather not deal with Nutaku's bullshit. Yet Again.

"Horrible censorship" is not because of they just want to do that, it's because there are certain laws in different countries. While in Japan it may be ok to display sex scenes with characters that look young, in most western countries it is not ok.

I'm tired of people peddling that reason of why they censor that shit in the first place.
Look we know, it's obvious as fuck the "reason" they do it already (even though FKG has been largely successful without any of it). But that doesn't suddenly make it any better. Yeah there's gonna be people out there who are like "lol oh well guess that's just how it is" and "lol fuck you and ur lolis" but there's also always gonna be a shitstorm with people who hate censorship in all its forms, and as they should since this is a fucking niche hentai game in the first place so ur already alienating a large part of the existing audience.

Censoring a game that was originally adult in nature has always been, already proven to be and forever will be the stupidest thing to ever do in a platform that hosts adult content (and I'm not just talking about simple JPN mosaics so don't u start with me). Especially in the case of Aigis which outright replaced or removed units altogether in the initial launch, then it took them a couple years to finally add them back in, but by then the damage was long done anyways and a lot of players were not gonna return.

"Gacha handling" - not sure what's this about.

Some Nutaku games have had horrible gacha practice that eventually killed the game. See Nutaku's SenPro as the most egregious example. Adding to the long list of mishandled Nutaku games that continues to shit all over their reputation as an H-game platform.

Unregistered
10-31-2017, 02:54 PM
Seriously???
I spent 100$ on crystals in october to make sure I would AW Miranda and Eterna... and I was close to get all the 4 star challenges done... I'm so so pissed off !!!
What are going to be the compensations? At least give back money spent in october, as said above there are contracts between nutaku and DMM and they must have seen it coming for a while. At least 1 month.
What are the next games closing down, any hint?

AnUnregisteredUser
10-31-2017, 03:43 PM
Seriously???
I spent 100$ on crystals in october to make sure I would AW Miranda and Eterna... and I was close to get all the 4 star challenges done... I'm so so pissed off !!!
What are going to be the compensations? At least give back money spent in october, as said above there are contracts between nutaku and DMM and they must have seen it coming for a while. At least 1 month.
What are the next games closing down, any hint?

Ouch, that sucks. On Nutaku's FB page there are many other paying players who are in a similar situation.

Considering how Nutaku handled previous closures, at best people could expect to get some stuff to play in other games, which is lame from their part.

At this point any game could be taken down. When LoV went down, Aigis was absolutely safe from this, when the next series of games went down in mass, we were told Aigis would be safe, which ended up being a plain lie.

MWA is arguably Nutaku's cornerstone, and much of their present success rested on that game, yet instead of actively engaging the situation and trying to fix whatever mistake was made to get such reaction from DMM (if that's ACTUALLY true), they ask for understanding while they wait for the official closure date. Like, seriously?

If they get away with doing this to a game such as MWA, then every other game is doomed as well, ergo paying customers in the process, as well as long time F2P.

Sorry but I'm not taking excuses from Nutaku. I'm un-subbing, un-liking, un-anything right now, and to hell with new purchases.

sniddy
10-31-2017, 04:11 PM
I think I'm gonna stop paying on FKG - I can't see why this shut down it, so me thinks theres a bigger storm coming....

AgentFakku
10-31-2017, 04:51 PM
I think I'm gonna stop paying on FKG - I can't see why this shut down it, so me thinks theres a bigger storm coming....

I share the same concerns now that Aigis shut down and Aigis (it has flaws) is one of the popular games

After X-Overd and the others, I thought Aigis and Flower Knight Girl wouldn't get shut down

Plus, Nutaku is shifting towards western porn games coz I think it's cheaper and they won't get hassle for censorship (though, western games - I don't see them go with any lolis or anything from Kamihime's Hentai shtick)

https://i.imgur.com/L0InxjG.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/r1Pvc1S.png

I think Nutaku is going in the red and they should just focus on a few games instead of opening up so many and then have to close some

It's not a smart business move

Unregistered
10-31-2017, 05:01 PM
It has everything to do with Nutaku. If they allow a game like MWA to close, they are failing their business model (being a content provider-- in fact, they are not providing the content that people paid for). They need to either step up and fix it, or they might as well just close up shop because they cannot do their job.

ZedWulf
10-31-2017, 05:41 PM
Of course it is. Gotta force people to play the shitty western games so they don't have to share profit with DMM.

Xenrir
10-31-2017, 05:45 PM
Dropped a few hundred on the game in September, pretty annoyed about this, and really sad that the game is going. It's what brought me to the site in the first place. <br />
Paid via Paypal, so I'm not...

Unregistered
10-31-2017, 06:11 PM
Why can't they be surprised if it was unexpected for them? Why assume that they were lying even though they said that they are surprised too. I believe they want this game on this site so it would not make sense for them to initiate the closure.

Nordland giving previews was his/her initiative as far as I understand. The devs need to be contacted about what they were going to release and if they answered then the preview could be done. If they stopped answering or if he/she just didn't have time to contact them you can't fault them for that.

Front page is sorted according to popularity as far as I understand. New games usually stay on top, and MWA jumped to the top and away from the list all the time depending on which events are running.

We don't know what contracts were used in this case. Maybe this was not covered in the contract (you even said it yourself - "almost universally", which means "not always") or maybe it's a misunderstanding or maybe Nutaku broke some rules in the contract and that allowed the other side to announce the termination without the warning. It is also possible that different departments (that are used for making contracts) on Nutaku were notified about this while other departments that control the information weren't - I have no idea how many people are employed by Nutaku, but it is possible when there are even only 2 different people there, maybe even with one if notification mail got lost among the others.

It's also possible that there was an ongoing discussion between two sides, where devs notified Nutaku, Nutaku people responded that they would like to keep the game and proposed some conditions, but devs weren't satisfied and still announced the termination.

Remember that DMM also sells other things related to this game - I think, comix series, so even if the game itself is not profitable they can keep it because of selling extra things that are related to it. On english version there are no extra things, so game has less audience and less things to sell, that means it is much less profitable.

Because they two of the 3 items I listed (lack of front page exposure and lack of Norland) started happening a month ago and were steps that would be taken had they known to cut their losses, even if they had made it public. One or the other I could understand as coincidence, but both? Not credible in these circumstances. Cutting their losses was a decision made by upper management by end of September at the latest.

As for 'near universal' clauses to prevent surprises in contracts, the key word is universal. "Near" was referring to the odd case where circumstances would be out of the scope of ordinary business transactions, the property in question is valuable enough to risk it, or one of the companies doesn't have competent legal assistance. Partnering to bring IP from Japan to the US has been around since the 80s and this part of the contract would have been boilerplate. Aigis was valuable to us players, but not that valuable in financial terms.
So that leaves either Nutaku knew well before today or does not utilize competent legal assistance in the legally thorny area of Intellectual Property. Take your pick as to which you consider worse for a company you would do business with.

Unregistered
10-31-2017, 06:19 PM
... rip
guess its time to immigrate to dmm servers

You're going to play with the guyz that just ruined our fun (with the help of Nutaku's ineptitude and inefficiency) or is DMM just another platform who has nothing to do with the dev ??
F them all

Unregistered
10-31-2017, 06:40 PM
Nutaku is a content provider. If they cannot handle providing the content they have offered, they have no reason being in business. Yes the DMM devs deserve equal blame, but Nutaku has been happy to take our money too. They are not off the hook for this and deserve scorn as well if they cannot fix it.

Probably Nutaku and DMM are to blame ! not knowing the figure of MWA for Nutaku i'm not sure ; But for DMM it was nothing compared to the rest of their business or worse maybe just a pain in the ass

Unregistered
10-31-2017, 06:51 PM
It has everything to do with Nutaku. If they allow a game like MWA to close, they are failing their business model (being a content provider-- in fact, they are not providing the content that people paid for). They need to either step up and fix it, or they might as well just close up shop because they cannot do their job.

Whoever made the decision, it's Nutaku's fault for not being able to handle this ! And like many others I don't like the rest of their offer !

Unregistered
10-31-2017, 06:54 PM
Of course it is. Gotta force people to play the shitty western games so they don't have to share profit with DMM.

I still have over 40 Sc and tons of other ressources ! and MWA closure will force me to do what ?? I have apparently lost everything including 30 month of my time ! and they will force me to do anything ?? are you crazy my friend ? or just sad like me

Unregistered
10-31-2017, 07:00 PM
Because they two of the 3 items I listed (lack of front page exposure and lack of Norland) started happening a month ago and were steps that would be taken had they known to cut their losses, even if they had made it public. One or the other I could understand as coincidence, but both? Not credible in these circumstances. Cutting their losses was a decision made by upper management by end of September at the latest.

As for 'near universal' clauses to prevent surprises in contracts, the key word is universal. "Near" was referring to the odd case where circumstances would be out of the scope of ordinary business transactions, the property in question is valuable enough to risk it, or one of the companies doesn't have competent legal assistance. Partnering to bring IP from Japan to the US has been around since the 80s and this part of the contract would have been boilerplate. Aigis was valuable to us players, but not that valuable in financial terms.
So that leaves either Nutaku knew well before today or does not utilize competent legal assistance in the legally thorny area of Intellectual Property. Take your pick as to which you consider worse for a company you would do business with.

You're right either way this demonstrate at least Nutaku's ineptitude ! I'm very sad and angry at the same time. We where having a better rythm and after almost stoping playing was again spending some money ...

Unregistered
10-31-2017, 07:03 PM
The only thing DMM is to blame for is trusting a company as incompetent as Nutaku to handle the western versions of their games.

ChibiKika
10-31-2017, 08:00 PM
This honestly simplifies things for me in a number of ways. Since I won't be looking forward to new characters to obtain and have a limited time-set to finish H-ing up my collection, I can burn all the SC I have left on that, then take pictures, and store my sex-capades somewhere local to look back on. Also given that this is the second to last game I'm willing to take up under Nutaku with the last being still questionable, I'm making it easy for myself to say goodbye and walk away satisfied (pretty much all the other games are too taxing with gacha dependencies).

I'd say I was let down, disappointed, pissed off but I'm honestly not. I have 4 months of backlog for downloaded H-games, another 10 for other games, 2 mmos I can get back into, and weeks of anime to catch up with so this is one less thing to keep up with.

And for those bitching about Nutaku being incompetent or 100% responsible for everything, clearly you haven't had the kinda middleman job where your providers half-ass their work and threaten to cut you off when you say too much and your customers nitpick every little thing that you were ordered to leave as is or tried to deal with when it was beyond your ability. If you've worked that field, if you've done it right, and if you've been more successful than Nutaku has made itself to be, then by all means, don't only criticize but go and take their business. Otherwise, if you have no intent on doing any of that and just want to be sore about sinking your money into something that ended at a time that was inconvenient for you, then rant away but don't go pointing fingers at shit you only think you understand.

starburst98
10-31-2017, 09:50 PM
anyone know if any japan people are also shocked/wondering about this? like a thread on 2ch or something.

Arkinum
10-31-2017, 10:02 PM
anyone know if any japan people are also shocked/wondering about this? like a thread on 2ch or something.

I imagine a few will be upset how that their chance to see the uncensored art is gone.

MalusCorvus
10-31-2017, 10:05 PM
Well, this is unpleasant news. This is the 4th game I've enjoyed on Nutaku that has been shut down (although two of those were only mildly interesting to me). At least I know now not to spend any more on this game... and also, most likely, not to spend any more on Nutaku.

Guess I should get some enjoyment out of the affection scenes while I still can, and possibly contribute to some project to save the scenes... I've learned the hard way make sure anything I like on the internet is saved to a hard drive.

sniddy
10-31-2017, 11:54 PM

That's my concern, there are games the launch and they fail - this and FKG are 2 'flagships' to see this fail should send up red flags

1Playa
11-01-2017, 12:27 AM
Front page is sorted according to popularity as far as I understand.

The Top Ranking Free is sorting by revenue and the Trending is related to newly registered users

Unregistered
11-01-2017, 03:13 AM
Maybe Nutaku's Aigis main competition was the DMMver and if dev was getting even twice as much profit for the same amount of effort, it would make sense for them to stop trying. Unfortunately, Japanserver of game will always make a lot more money because of willingness of player to spend. I see this as something that was long time coming, although I am surprised it ended as soon as it did. All online game will end, you only pay if you feel you are getting your entertainment's worth. No one can complain about their favorite band ending concert tour, it is band's decision. If you enjoy going to concerts, you pay for that concert.

If u enjoy Aigis for its gameplay, it is strongly recommended to join me and try to at least start on DMM and see how it goes. Every time there was new reason to sign up in DMM whether in 2015 or 2016 u hear tales of how player caught up to their Nutaku progress in a very shorter amount of time because the game over there is much further on. I more understand that while it was likely dev Tea's decision to stop supporting English version, probably their reasons for doing so is related to business and DMMver is at much less risk of stopping because the paying userbase is there and very guaranteed.

Maybe Nutaku could have handled things better but I think it was over when Nordland said dev Tea wanted to continue handling the service about 1year ago.

Unregistered
11-01-2017, 04:12 AM
Seriously, supporting the devs who decided to trash our money and our progress is not happening.

asdasdasd
11-01-2017, 07:15 AM
The Top Ranking Free is sorting by revenue and the Trending is related to newly registered users

Also, there has been a number of cases when really unpopular games get featured there for many weeks, which indicates that those spots are open to paid bids from game devs to get more views, like the featured content systems like the ones in facebook and twitter, which would make sense since gives the devs a possibility to advertise their games against the odds.

Regarding the Nutaku vs DMM competition, I really don't think it can be considered that way. Try joining DMM as a fresh player and you'll see that it isn't exactly foreign friendly. You basically need to go blind in the japanese version, use Google translate and hope for the best. From a marketing perspective, it is clear that the foreign players aren't an interesting option for DMM, and it is understandable as they have the more stable, and larger japanese local market.

Finally, I would not rely so heavily on the current concept of this being an one-sided things from DMM, as we, as far as I know, only have such info from Nutaku, which isn't exactly the best reference, given previous handlings of games closures. I believe more info is needed, hopefully adding DMM's side.

From a personal point of view, given the precedents of the game still having a large player base, still having P2P paying interesting amounts of cash, etc, this incident sounds more like (another) mishandling from Nutaku of DMM titles.

Arkinum
11-01-2017, 07:26 AM
Also, there has been a number of cases when really unpopular games get featured there for many weeks, which indicates that those spots are open to paid bids from game devs to get more views, like the featured content systems like the ones in facebook and twitter, which would make sense since gives the devs a possibility to advertise their games against the odds.

I actually think it may be just general activity/hours played that makes a game reach the top ten. If my theory is right, then someone could just use bots to keep their game at the top ten. I can easily see the Pussy Saga devs pulling shit like that.

fucka
11-01-2017, 07:59 AM
A fresh new game generates more income than an 2-3 years old game, whose veteran players have already reached the endgame content, grinded quite a lot of gears/levels and began benefiting from the initial investment (time + money) they have done.
An old game doesn't attract many new players due to the huge gaps between newbies and veterans, which cannot be compensated with money, so paying players always prefer new game/new server in order to gain more advantages.
A conscientious publisher would run the game longer, even the game becomes less profitable, because if people spent more than 100$ in a game, then they usually intend to play the game more than 2 years.
A cunt publisher would shut down 2-3 years old games and add new games continuously within short periods.

Unregistered
11-01-2017, 08:13 AM
An old game doesn't attract many new players due to the huge gaps between newbies and veterans, which cannot be compensated with money, so paying players always prefer new game/new server in order to gain more advantages.

While this holds true for most games, I don't really think it applies to MWA, since there's no direct competition between the players themselves, unlike games like PPS.
PvP and Ranking systems are walls that get larger as time goes by, keeping newcomers (specially F2P) away from getting rewards, unlocking stuff, etc.

But in Aigis, if you fail at completing an event, you don't really lose the possibility of getting the featured unit, you just need to wait for a revival or for another event tha happens to drop the unit you want. And most importantly, you don't have the risk of waiting for the next event, and being hard trolled again by veterans. It is just you and your hard work, what older players or P2P do with their accounts will never prevent you from obtaining a certain unit.

That's one of the greatest things about MWA's design, IMO. You can join at any given time, play at your own pace and eventually get results. Might as well post this thoughts on faketurtle's thread.

Eliont
11-01-2017, 08:42 AM
Thanks to resource dump (http://millenniumwaraigis.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Kuremisago/So_the_Game_is_Shutting_Down,_Now_What%3F) AigisArk, reader application for scenes like KamihimeReader (http://harem-battle.club/kamihime-project/3605-love-scenes-collecting.html) created and uploaded to seconary scenes collection folder.
Both male and female units included.

Have a good day.

fucka
11-01-2017, 09:31 AM
While this holds true for most games, I don't really think it applies to MWA, since there's no direct competition between the players themselves, unlike games like PPS.
PvP and Ranking systems are walls that get larger as time goes by, keeping newcomers (specially F2P) away from getting rewards, unlocking stuff, etc.

But in Aigis, if you fail at completing an event, you don't really lose the possibility of getting the featured unit, you just need to wait for a revival or for another event tha happens to drop the unit you want. And most importantly, you don't have the risk of waiting for the next event, and being hard trolled again by veterans. It is just you and your hard work, what older players or P2P do with their accounts will never prevent you from obtaining a certain unit.

That's one of the greatest things about MWA's design, IMO. You can join at any given time, play at your own pace and eventually get results. Might as well post this thoughts on faketurtle's thread.

That could be the point, that this game isn't lucrative for the publisher. The difference between the publisher and devs being host themselves is that the publisher is only interested in money and the devs care about their reputation. So Nutaku just gives it up, as the game doesn't bring the income they want.

Unregistered
11-01-2017, 11:30 AM
Honestly guys...

ppl seem to have forgotteh that dmm never gave a single fuck about the English version, so why be so surprised that they would just close it down, maybe as a revenge or whatever reaon, anyone remembers the awesome fast pace of this game compared to dmm? Probably nutakus fault too =)

i really dont think anyone at nutaku would have benn THAT retarded (thats what i hope) to close it down. it is/was the most successful game (i guess), one does not simply axe that.
Someone with a brain wouldve seen this situation coming and it only hurts nutaku, since dmm doesnt care anyway or has anything to lose over that incident, so why risk that.

But sure, its easier to blame nutaku for everything (might be true in many other cases) =)

PS: Some ppl really need co calm down or grow a bit older....whatever, it wont change shit, sad story anyway

Lag
11-01-2017, 03:26 PM
WOW. Just.. Wow.

This was my very first game on Nutaku and my most favorite. I found out about it from a get-paid-too site for credit and got hooked on it. I played this game every single day and even tried other games.
Those other games would close down 1 by 1, except for 2 others, and it was pretty disappointing but I still kept going because at least my favorites were still around.

I never got that far even tho I've been playing this for a while. I started in 2015 during the witch event and I got to level 228 currently. Only recently started grinding to level up units and awaken. I even finally got Anya recently and was really happy. Grinded her so hard and awakened her. There was a few more I really wanted as well... Oh well.

I think this is a good sign to call it quits from all Nukatu games since it's an inevitable fact that Nutaku games have short life spans and will be replaced by others.
Which might be a good thing since I was feeling pressure from the events and grind.

I feel bad for the whales. It's not much of a fun investment when it only last 2 years or less.

I hope someone collects all the scenes from Osawari and Kamihime Pro for when it's their time for the chopping block.

Unregistered
11-01-2017, 07:47 PM
Personnally, i don't care to know who's fault for the End of "Nutaku's Aegis". Nutaku ? DMM ? or all ?

I was start this game like many others players, at 2015. I'm sad too when i see Nutaku notice to stop Aegis, but, really, this day should happening.

When you see Aegis on DMM, is not the same, more units, more missions, more options, Xp more easy, somes missions are really impossible is you'r not somes units and strategic logic. So, completly différents.

And so, somes DMM games disapeared on Nutaku plateforme like that, and continue to life on DMM.
I'm not raging on DMM or on Nutaku, they was a reason to stop a game.

Just, why a game like Aegis, nutaku stop this one ? bizness, terms of contratcs ? new game on Nutaku is not developped on DMM ?
Guess Aegis is just the big first one, look out in others DMM games on nutaku plateform ...

AReal fan goes on DMM and more Nutaku's players are already in.

TiamatRoar
11-01-2017, 07:58 PM
Considering that Nutaku didn't even have a friggin' DATE for the time it's closing and that the Nutaku facebook people seemed rather surprised themselves, odds are rather high that it wasn't entirely Nutaku's decision to make.

As for all those other signs and hints that Nutaku might have been planning to close down the game, many of those could also instead have been signs that Nutaku was trying hard to negotiate the right to continue and didn't say the game was closing down back then simply because it was still up in the air and they thought they could still retain the right to keep it going.

Alas, the full extent of what happened will probably never be publically known.

Unregistered
11-01-2017, 09:17 PM
Looking at the comments I see that almost no one understand the business structure here.

Blaming Nutaku? They are only giving a platform for other people to post their game, they can't make other people continue developing the game.
Blaming DMM? They are only another platform that post similar games, the contract most probably is not with them, but with developers.
Blaming Devs? They need to earn enough money to be able to afford extra resources dedicated to translation of the game into English and to support an outdated version. If they earn less money than they spend on this, it's obvious why they need to close the game.

I say, the players are to blame. Some did pay some money, but most played the game for free and that's why the game was not profitable and devs had to stop it to cut their losses. And now players are blaming everyone else but themself.

Ericridge
11-01-2017, 10:09 PM
The whales was clearly not whaling hard enough. Thus I blame the whales.

The nutaku didn't make enough money because they put Liana in gacha and refused to fix it. Thus I blame Nutaku.

The Aigis Devs didn't fix the idiot move that nutaku did which lowered the amount of money they would've gotten from me monthly, I've been deathly afraid of doing pulls in gacha thanks to Liana's retarded presence. Thus I blame Aigis Devs.

I am flawless. ^_^ <_< >_> v_v

Unregistered
11-01-2017, 10:23 PM
u cannot blame player either.

if u read any research article on gachagame jp user spend a lot more on average.

if 2 different service managed by small devteam only have enough time to devote to 1 service, jp always win. even if ratio of whale to f2p player is same jp has very bigger playerbase due to jp gaming culture

Wankyudo
11-01-2017, 11:08 PM
This is the most ass backward take to the situation that I had ever seen. &quot;The store is closing, it's the customers fault.&quot; <br />
The game is a F2P game. If people are playing it without spending any...

Arkinum
11-02-2017, 02:21 AM
@Wankyudo

I sense the salt is strong with you......

I don't think that anon is that far off. While I don't believe it's that clear cut, it usually dose come down to money. Even if you are not required by law to pay, the Aigis team is a business. And a business works to survive and eventually acquire profit for growth.

Just can't really see how you think that Nutaku was in any position to make demands..... And what gave you the idea that xenophobia has any part of this 0_o.

You make it sound like there was some blood feud between them.... I can't honestly see the Aigis developers acting that unprofessionally.

If there is one thing you want to pin entirely on Nutaku, it should be the way they kept us all in the dark.

Eliont
11-02-2017, 02:25 AM
Finally, i'm free from that curse. I've been trying to quit for months, but the amount of time put into this game prevents me from being a better version of myself. Now i finally can leave this game behind.

lolix
11-02-2017, 02:34 AM
really ? because i had 2 accounts , and i wasn't playing more then 30 minutes a day on them...

from all the nutaku games , aigis was one of the least time consuming

MalusCorvus
11-02-2017, 02:54 AM
I sense the salt is strong with you......

I don't think that anon is that far off. While I don't believe it's that clear cut, it usually dose come down to money. Even if you are not required by law to pay, the Aigis team is a business. And a business works to survive and eventually acquire profit for growth.

He has a right to be salty, and frankly, we the players (especially the ones who did pay) have no obligation to respect those particular reasons for closure - particularly since DMM players aren't affected by this. I don't know how much money it took to keep MWA running in English, but it's not going to be enough to make me sympathetic in any way to the devs.

Of course, I might just move over to DMM just to alleviate this feeling of pointlessness. Three days ago I had all these plans for Aigis, now I'm having to work up the will to even play, even though by all rights I should just try and enjoy the story maps while I still can...

Unregistered
11-02-2017, 02:57 AM
It don't look like eliont usual grammar, he copied it from comment on Kuremisago blogpost on wiki

Frelas
11-02-2017, 04:07 AM
Looking at the comments I see that almost no one understand the business structure here.

Blaming Nutaku? They are only giving a platform for other people to post their game, they can't make other people continue developing the game.
Blaming DMM? They are only another platform that post similar games, the contract most probably is not with them, but with developers.
Blaming Devs? They need to earn enough money to be able to afford extra resources dedicated to translation of the game into English and to support an outdated version. If they earn less money than they spend on this, it's obvious why they need to close the game.

I say, the players are to blame. Some did pay some money, but most played the game for free and that's why the game was not profitable and devs had to stop it to cut their losses. And now players are blaming everyone else but themself.

This has to be one of the most retarded statements that i have seen for along time.
Blaming the players seriously?
Nutaku screwed MWA over with their stupid censoring in the beginning leaving critical units out of the game. Resulting in many people giving up the game
Nutaku and dmm never put much effort in mwa as they could, resulting in weeks with no content, resulting in a steady loss of players.
And after their mismanegement either nutaku or dmm keeps us in the dark dropping that bombshell out of nowhere.

And you want to talk about business and making money?
Nutaku will lose a decent amount of whalers not only from MWA but also other games because they have no trust in nutaku keeping the other japanse game alive.
And if dmm really only wanted to make money, they should try to convince english players to go to dmm site for extra income.
They could look into a option for players to transfer their account for free or for a payment. Or they could try to do some promotions, giving english players a small amount of crystals as welcome gift.

thatoneguyfromwork
11-02-2017, 04:28 AM
You know, I didn't like Aigis. Was one of the first Nutaku games I played and I'm not a big fan of tower defense.

Despite all of this, it's just absolutely horrible how this is being handled and the players are being treated.

It makes me wonder if the games I've have spent on even though they seem popular enough just might disappear in a flash. FKG and Mononofu(Though I don't usually see this on the front page...really worries me now)

I guess in the end even though this doesn't impact me I'm a shrewd enough consumer to know when to stop spend cash on something. Nutaku made me go FTP with this...it doesn't really matter whose fault it is because now I'm skeptical of spending money on their platform.

Unregistered
11-02-2017, 06:38 AM
As much as the decision to close the game down angers and frustrates me, honesty compels me to say that the steps the devs took in terms of the game itself leading up to this were about as good as it could be handled. It's obvious in hind sight that Japan made this decision a while back, hence the recent releases of content we didn't get before. No, we didn't get all of it, missing some GRs, a subjugation, and Eliza's event (sidenote: I suspect they couldn't release this out of fear of The Mouse as it had too many superficial parallels to Frozen), and of course the f'd up mess of Liana (which was lose-lose for them no matter what they did). However we did get most of the old content released. They (IMHO purposely) saved Anna's for last, which presents some form of closure as she was the first we met and the last we got. Better closure than almost any of the other events we currently have or would likely have had coming up. They also made sure we didn't have the cloud of "good-bye" hanging over us while we played it. Also, they gave us 2 more months to say our goodbyes. To me it just feels like a very Japanese way to end things.

Yes, the end hurts. The scrapping of all the time and energy I put into the game. All the whaling I did over the last few months. The anticipation I was feeling over the upcoming events and units. The planning I put into how to develop resources to improve my team. All gone. This, more than anything, is why I won't go to DMM. However the ending announcement would always have been a shock and a blow, no matter how they announced it. I think they did the best they could with a painful decision. Hate them for making the decision if you must, but I think they did as right by us as they could in implementing it.

Unregistered
11-02-2017, 06:53 AM
Nutaku made me go FTP with this...it doesn't really matter whose fault it is because now I'm skeptical of spending money on their platform.
You learned the wrong lesson it seems. Platform does not matter at all. This could happen and had happened with some MMOs, games on Kongregate, on Origin, even on Steam (I know of some abandoned EA and released games that were never fixed/finished even after taking money, but that is slightly different thing).

Type of game is what matters. If you play any online game or just a game that depends on online features or updates do know that it will close sometime, or that there will be a time when updates stop coming. It is only a matter of when. So don't expect that if you invest some money into it that you are investing for the rest of your life.

Invested some cash? Played a month after that? You got your deal.

lolix
11-02-2017, 06:54 AM
I mean....the shock is bigger because we all knew aigis had content to last at least 2 more years or so , with DMM version constnatly releasing new stuff , so technically , we had no end in sight for at least a couple of years....

Frelas
11-02-2017, 07:33 AM
The thing that suprises me the most is why Aegis got killed but brave girls ravens is still still up.
That game is as good as dead for more than a half year now.
And many players expect it to be closed.
But instead Aegis get closed before BGR.

thatoneguyfromwork
11-02-2017, 07:37 AM
You learned the wrong lesson it seems. Platform does not matter at all. This could happen and had happened with some MMOs, games on Kongregate, on Origin, even on Steam (I know of some abandoned EA and released games that were never fixed/finished even after taking money, but that is slightly different thing).

Type of game is what matters. If you play any online game or just a game that depends on online features or updates do know that it will close sometime, or that there will be a time when updates stop coming. It is only a matter of when. So don't expect that if you invest some money into it that you are investing for the rest of your life.

Invested some cash? Played a month after that? You got your deal.

Not really, as many has said this came out of nowhere. It's not like the game was out of content and it was expected that the hammer would drop soonish.

Human beings make decisions that are based on our expectations of the future. This is literally why we developed general intelligence, so we could think about future actions and those thoughts could die instead of us.

If we don't perceive that a future for something will exist, we alter our behavior. This is true across all aspects of human activity, this has been studied at length.

You buy things in these web games because of the perceived value over time(gameplay). If you shorten that time, you objectively shorten the value which leads to less people investing not only money but even time.

If you spend alot of money on a game and a week from then they announce that it will be shutting down in 3 months, the vast majority of people would have likely not spent that money. They would have sought out a similar game/activity and used the money on that or not spent anything at all.

You might think I didn't learn the lesson but I'm just really being careful now. I now see all Nutaku games as potentially on the chopping blocks, not just the unpopular, unprofitable or buggy ones. If Nutaku doesn't care about that perception, well...that's actually pretty bad for them in the long run.

Eliont
11-02-2017, 08:20 AM
It don't look like eliont usual grammar, he copied it from comment on Kuremisago blogpost on wiki

Yes, just fixed to suit my case.

nick1024
11-02-2017, 08:42 AM
I mean....the shock is bigger because we all knew aigis had content to last at least 2 more years or so , with DMM version constnatly releasing new stuff , so technically , we had no end in sight for at least a couple of years....

Not only that. They were upgrading the game with SAW just before the closing statement. Looks like something unexpected happened.

AgentFakku
11-02-2017, 03:36 PM
don't have much statements from their company
https://i.imgur.com/CSjJbJo.jpg
FB posted they will enclose reasons

Unless someone found one

Unregistered
11-02-2017, 06:49 PM
game closures come from the developers and are entirely out of our hands

Yeah, that's bullshit. Every contract has two sides. Nutaku has their own demands that could become too much.

Unregistered
11-02-2017, 08:31 PM
isn't there any way to play it after closer?

Arkinum
11-02-2017, 09:18 PM

Only option is to start a new game on a DMM account. There is a thread on this forum with instructions on how to go about that.

Unregistered
11-02-2017, 11:29 PM
play it at dmm :D

sniddy
11-03-2017, 12:04 AM
It could be that...could be devs deciding what they get via nutaku doesn't make it worth it could be poeple leaking out for uncensored scenes

Unregistered
11-03-2017, 01:57 AM
Do you need to download all the updates or just the latest one?

Unregistered
11-03-2017, 04:10 AM
The thing that suprises me the most is why Aegis got killed but brave girls ravens is still still up.
That game is as good as dead for more than a half year now.
And many players expect it to be closed.
But instead Aegis get closed before BGR.

you already said it. game is dead, what you see if zombie corpse. you know that kampani was running for year without any update or new content while shittaku continue to feed promises that event will be next month. and sometime repeat same shit of "event" of grinding story map for possible rare drop.

when i pestered shittaku where's supposed weekly updates for kampani i got retarded answer that jp devs updating game content to fast and shittaku can't handle it. wtf? shittaku expected they can sit on asses doing nothing and get money ? afterwards they simply banned me from posting on fb since it was bad for shittaku image to show that game is dead content vise just few months after it's opened.

few dmm games like x over and sen pro was closed by jp devs because shittaku break contract and edited game to jew more $$$ by putting event things for cashers, making autobattle in senpro for cash. those who played dmm version and seen then what shittaku offered were pissed. and like always for closure shittaku put blame on jp side

Unregistered
11-03-2017, 04:23 AM
Blaming Devs and DMM for Aigis closure?

What's next, spamming English language in DMM CS?

Nero010
11-03-2017, 06:32 AM
Blaming Devs and DMM for Aigis closure?

What's next, spamming English language in DMM CS?

Yep, mister

Unregistered
11-03-2017, 06:34 AM
I personally doesnt liked it, where to get 100% with the Girls? Any hint on those Stamina Consuming Quests? And these Events where freaking hard. But now Nutaku shut down a lot Anime Games and throw Stuff like Harem Heroes and Bitch Collector at us :(

Shintuan
11-03-2017, 03:13 PM
I personally doesnt liked it, where to get 100% with the Girls? Any hint on those Stamina Consuming Quests? And these Events where freaking hard. But now Nutaku shut down a lot Anime Games and throw Stuff like Harem Heroes and Bitch Collector at us :(

On wednesday the best skyfallen gift you can do for affection items. On other days challenge quest Phalanx 2 is ideal for 3 stamina a run. It has bouquet, crystal and 2x ruby drop making it the best.

Unregistered
11-04-2017, 01:24 AM
On wednesday the best skyfallen gift you can do for affection items. On other days challenge quest Phalanx 2 is ideal for 3 stamina a run. It has bouquet, crystal and 2x ruby drop making it the best.

dmm not shittaku. on weekend you can do any daily map, gift farming including

Unregistered
11-04-2017, 02:10 AM
DMM are ASSHOLES! They won't let you in, if you can't read Japanese! Just whent there. Every attempt that I made to translate the site to English kept redirecting me back to Nutaku! Are you people getting this?... DMM ACTUALY WANT TO KEEP US AMERICANS ON NUTAKU AND HOARD THE GOOD STUFF LIKE THIS GAME TO THEMSELVES!!! THE FUCKING BASTARDS!!!

DMAsh
11-04-2017, 02:17 AM
Ugh, apparently there's a post on nutaku's blog that goes into a bit more detail about Aigis' closure, but one thing that got me particularly mad for some reason was the fact that the main reason for the closure was the lack of profit. Now while that is a good reason for closure, I couldn't help but think back on Aigis' history, back to the point where that Dragon Slayer Princess Claudia event came out, which is when I started.

Other than the support pack, I can't think of a time where Aigis enticed players to pay for in-game content, via deals or what not. On the contrary, the lackluster updates have actually pushed players away into the arms of the DMM side, if memory serves correctly. Also, along with the lackluster updates, I have never seen any attempt to get new players into the game via campaigns or something. God knows if that Black Ticket thing would've helped lure in new players.

All together, it makes me thing that despite the game being kept around after those talks between Nutaku and the devs, the later had no intention of keeping the game alive. If they wanted to, I bet we would've seen a lot more attempts to get ppl to spend money other than the support pack.

Honestly, Aigis looks like another game that needs a reboot release to start fresh, too much bungling over the years has soured the experience and driven away players who now directly pay them instead. Heh, it actually sounds like a conspiracy, have english players be given a bad experience, then lure them to a better version on their native platform so they pay there instead.

P.S. I also think the lack of interaction between the Devs and the player played a role. I mean, from what I've seen on the other side, the devs interact with their native playerbase quite often, while players here seem to be treated like unwanted aliens or something.

Unregistered
11-04-2017, 03:06 AM
DMM are ASSHOLES! They won't let you in, if you can't read Japanese! Just whent there. Every attempt that I made to translate the site to English kept redirecting me back to Nutaku! Are you people getting this?... DMM ACTUALY WANT TO KEEP US AMERICANS ON NUTAKU AND HOARD THE GOOD STUFF LIKE THIS GAME TO THEMSELVES!!! THE FUCKING BASTARDS!!!

You're retarded. This is likely just an agreement between dmm and nutaku to try to direct the english traffic to nutaku. It's the same reason nutaku bans japanese IPs. You can just change the language to japanese if you want to go to the dmm games section like everyone else does.

Heh, it actually sounds like a conspiracy, have english players be given a bad experience, then lure them to a better version on their native platform so they pay there instead.

I've seen this a few times and this would be the most retarded conspiracy every. Let's spend a fair amount of money to launch a game in a different region and then sabotage it so we have to run it at a loss for over a year to maybe get a tiny boost in players that they supposedly don't even care about. Not to mention we're pissing off those people in the process that must be a great way to get them to love us.

Colin
11-04-2017, 03:44 AM
So, since I still love this game to a reasonable degree, would you say it's best advisable to restart right now on DMM right now, or wait for this reboot / english version / whatever?

There is a nice guide with translations and whatnot in the MWA wiki for restarting in DMM.

Also... the DMM version will not be closing in the foreseeable future... right? I don't think I can handle this closure twice... ;0;

Unregistered
11-04-2017, 03:53 AM
So, since I still love this game to a reasonable degree, would you say it's best advisable to restart right now on DMM right now, or wait for this reboot / english version / whatever?

There is a nice guide with translations and whatnot in the MWA wiki for restarting in DMM.

Also... the DMM version will not be closing in the foreseeable future... right? I don't think I can handle this closure twice... ;0;

A reboot is just wishful thinking, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that.

The dmm version generally does well on both the all-ages and 18+ rankings, but at the end of the day no one knows. It's unlikely, but someone else could release a more modern td game that cannibalizes aigis' player base. Or the devs could just wake up one day and just say he we're out of ideas guys, time to close up shop and go back to our otomege.

UnregAnon
11-04-2017, 04:04 AM
Ugh, apparently there's a post on nutaku's blog that goes into a bit more detail about Aigis' closure, but one thing that got me particularly mad for some reason was the fact that the main reason for the closure was the lack of profit. Now while that is a good reason for closure, I couldn't help but think back on Aigis' history, back to the point where that Dragon Slayer Princess Claudia event came out, which is when I started.

Other than the support pack, I can't think of a time where Aigis enticed players to pay for in-game content, via deals or what not. On the contrary, the lackluster updates have actually pushed players away into the arms of the DMM side, if memory serves correctly. Also, along with the lackluster updates, I have never seen any attempt to get new players into the game via campaigns or something. God knows if that Black Ticket thing would've helped lure in new players.

All together, it makes me thing that despite the game being kept around after those talks between Nutaku and the devs, the later had no intention of keeping the game alive. If they wanted to, I bet we would've seen a lot more attempts to get ppl to spend money other than the support pack.

Honestly, Aigis looks like another game that needs a reboot release to start fresh, too much bungling over the years has soured the experience and driven away players who now directly pay them instead. Heh, it actually sounds like a conspiracy, have english players be given a bad experience, then lure them to a better version on their native platform so they pay there instead.

P.S. I also think the lack of interaction between the Devs and the player played a role. I mean, from what I've seen on the other side, the devs interact with their native playerbase quite often, while players here seem to be treated like unwanted aliens or something.

You make some very good points. I think the apparent lack of profitability is mostly on the Devs. In the blog, they name the cost of server, translation and developer resources as reasons that Aigis is very expensive to maintain, but other than maybe, MAYBE, the server costs I just can't see how this can be true unless they have a completely untenable agreement with the Japanese Devs. With most of the content being translated and transferred content from the DMM version, and with the speed of this being done in mind, it seems more like a side job for a few people, but maybe my expectations are unreasonable...

As for Dev/player interaction (or complete absence of it), I still don't know who the Nutaku Aigis devs are, in fact I thought Nutaku themselves were responsible for it.

Colin
11-04-2017, 04:32 AM
There is a charm in not having to flip between the game and the translation.

For these last few moments of English MWA history...

I'M GETTING AS MANY H-SCENES AS POSSIBLE BEFORE IT DIES.

...And at the very least, my waifu is Phyllis. Super bloody easy to obtain again.

Unregistered
11-04-2017, 05:22 AM
Phyllis had a gold version during the summer. You'll need to wait a while for its rerun.

Colin
11-04-2017, 06:03 AM
Phyllis had a gold version during the summer. You'll need to wait a while for its rerun.

I can't seem to find the rules for these forums, so I'll just ask...

Anyone have her cg, or a link to them?

Thanks in advance.

Arkinum
11-04-2017, 07:24 AM
There is a charm in not having to flip between the game and the translation.

For these last few moments of English MWA history...

...And at the very least, my waifu is Phyllis. Super bloody easy to obtain again.

Same here. I had a lot of units that I was just leaving for a rainy day. Now that we don't have any events, I'm just grinding to get my harem to 100%.

As for your other post, do you mean CG's for Nutaku Aigis or the JP version?

There should be a link on this page for the Nutaku version: http://millenniumwaraigis.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Kuremisago/So_the_Game_is_Shutting_Down,_Now_What%3F

Colin
11-04-2017, 07:50 AM
Same here. I had a lot of units that I was just leaving for a rainy day. Now that we don't have any events, I'm just grinding to get my harem to 100%.

As for your other post, do you mean CG's for Nutaku Aigis or the JP version?

There should be a link on this page for the Nutaku version: (Not allowed to post links)

I have a collection of Cg's already, but since I never heard about Phyllis (Yukata), now I'm really feeling that I want that cg as well. Specifically only that one. If there's another collection with that in it, that would be cool too.

I really want Phyllis (Yukata)'s cg. I reaaaallly want it, and I don't think I can live until next summer to "might" get it. *-*

Also, burning all of my sacred crystals on stamina regen, so I can farm more affection stuff.

wolfdragon76
11-04-2017, 08:08 AM

translate the page using a browser translator, not by clicking on English for language. It works fine if you don't give up after the easy mode fails.

Arkinum
11-04-2017, 08:27 AM
I have a collection of Cg's already, but since I never heard about Phyllis (Yukata), now I'm really feeling that I want that cg as well. Specifically only that one. If there's another collection with that in it, that would be cool too.

I really want Phyllis (Yukata)'s cg. I reaaaallly want it, and I don't think I can live until next summer to "might" get it. *-*

Also, burning all of my sacred crystals on stamina regen, so I can farm more affection stuff.

If I'm not mistaken Yukata Phyllis is on the second to last page. Of course you could just download the entire archive too.

https://hitomi.la/galleries/1133970.html

Colin
11-04-2017, 08:33 AM
If I'm not mistaken Yukata Phyllis is on the second to last page. Of course you could just download the entire archive too.

(I'm still not allowed to post links, sorry for butchering your quote)

Thank you kindly, Arkinum. Now that I am content, I wish you luck on your next gacha roll. *Arkinum, get black, get black*

AgentFakku
11-04-2017, 11:59 AM
Here's the PR Statement:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/millenniumwaraigis/images/0/0d/Lol2.png/revision/latest?cb=20171104002659

Lag
11-04-2017, 12:14 PM
Here's the PR Statement:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/millenniumwaraigis/images/0/0d/Lol2.png/revision/latest?cb=20171104002659
You posted the version for ants.

Fixed.
https://i.imgur.com/pYSShWU.png

Also, lol. Not enough whales in the sea.

lolix
11-04-2017, 12:25 PM
i have a really hard time believing that aigis wasn;t at the very least going even considering it was probably the best game nutakku had.

Also a top 3 at the very least every time a new event was released....so it was obviously plenty popular. You can't tell me some shitty games like all those western clickers are profitable and aigis is not...

I mean who the heck spends money on shit like "bitch hunter" ?

AgentFakku
11-04-2017, 12:41 PM
i have a really hard time believing that aigis wasn;t at the very least going even considering it was probably the best game nutakku had.

Also a top 3 at the very least every time a new event was released....so it was obviously plenty popular. You can't tell me some shitty games like all those western clickers are profitable and aigis is not...

I mean who the heck spends money on shit like "bitch hunter" ?

Pretty much this

Gacha - sure people were spending unless they meant the packs which we only had one, Alicia

They didn't specify "supporting in-game content"

Plus, Aigis just changes the gurl for gacha spotlights. Only Flower Knight Girl, Kamihime and others changes price

Aigis wouldn't deter people from spending since it was consistent, depending how much they wanna spend, just buy # of SC and spend it on Gacha

I remember FKG had good deals and shitty deals. Not Aigis.

Colin
11-04-2017, 03:45 PM
You posted the version for ants.

Fixed.
(No links from Colin, sorry)

Also, lol. Not enough whales in the sea.

...Isn't the best way to compensate someone (given that they cannot give cash refunds), is to;

1.) Let us transfer the game to DMM. I don't know the specifics of why they cannot, but if it involves players being on "uneven ground" so to say, as the English MWA has different events and whatnot, that's dumb.

2.) Give us our money back in Nutaku Gold, not this crummy promotional gifts for new games that we may or may not get into.

3.) Let us download a cached version of MWA, so we can keep playing or something.

wolfdragon76
11-04-2017, 04:16 PM
I loved the "another 18 months of support" line. Most of that was an enormous dead zone where we had no idea if we were ever getting new content.

TiamatRoar
11-04-2017, 04:39 PM
Well, I'm a whale and I never felt encouraged to spend on Aigis because it never had any special sales and there was nothing to tell me whether spending on the gacha would be worth it or not. If anything, spending on Aigis felt so... eerie because the game did nothing to really advertise it besides some really vague banners about what was available in it.

Kanpani Girls had gold mailboxes to encourage you to spam their gacha, Flower Knight has regular sales, and Armor Blitz rotates its sales every week. Aigis' gacha was kinda just... there. And I hear that in DMM, Aigis has regular sales too so they clearly KNOW they're supposed to have regular sales and special cash limited time events, yet... they didn't for the Nutaku version for some reason. Which baffles me and makes it feel like they wanted their game to die when they had the solution to get people to spend in the Japanese version and made no effort to try it here.

Still, lots of other people report spending on Aigis recently in this thread so I dunno.

AgentFakku
11-04-2017, 04:50 PM
Those options are gonna be nigh impossible

Money invested in Gacha online games or PC/consoles games w/ loot boxes - I don't think you're going to get your money back

For data transfers, I can't say much since that requires technical expertise.

Unregistered
11-04-2017, 05:00 PM
And I hear that in DMM, Aigis has regular sales too so they clearly KNOW they're supposed to have regular sales and special cash limited time events, yet... they didn't for the Nutaku version for some reason. Which baffles me and makes it feel like they wanted their game to die when they had the solution to get people to spend in the Japanese version and made no effort to try it here.

Apparently you've heard wrong. The only thing Aigis has ever done is remove older units from the standard gatcha and then have pickup gatchas where you can only roll the blacks/plats listed on the banner. Premium rolls always cost 5 SCs, with the same rates, and SC prices have always been the same. They don't sell anything like plat/black tickets either. There was a very early SC price reduction, but nutaku got that too.

The only special deals basically have the same crystal price, but give you a special bonus on top of it(Alicia and the starter pack). There's only 2 of these over 4 years and they're not they're always available to be purchased once. You can definitely make the case that they didn't understand the EN market well, but that's usually where you get some assistance from you're localization partner.

TiamatRoar
11-04-2017, 05:43 PM
Apparently you've heard wrong. The only thing Aigis has ever done is remove older units from the standard gatcha and then have pickup gatchas where you can only roll the blacks/plats listed on the banner.

Did the Nutaku version have pickup gatchas? I vaguely remember it did in the long past but by the time i returned to Aigis, I didn't see one going on. Which I felt was strange.

Ericridge
11-04-2017, 07:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPmzRa-sXQs

See this video? Now take out Spongebob and put in Liana in his place.

That's what whales like me and others feel like with Liana in gacha. And I already fucking pulled Liana at least once which made me quit the game for a month. 150 Stamp card be damned, I just rage quit right there.

Posting here instead of ulmf cuz its being gay atm.

DevTea and Nutaku did everything in the book that's humanly possible to ensure that they shot themselves in the foot and then have the nerve to blame the players for lack of income. What a bunch of losers.

Unregistered
11-04-2017, 10:07 PM
You're retarded. This is likely just an agreement between dmm and nutaku to try to direct the english traffic to nutaku. It's the same reason nutaku bans japanese IPs. You can just change the language to japanese if you want to go to the dmm games section like everyone else does.

I've seen this a few times and this would be the most retarded conspiracy every. Let's spend a fair amount of money to launch a game in a different region and then sabotage it so we have to run it at a loss for over a year to maybe get a tiny boost in players that they supposedly don't even care about. Not to mention we're pissing off those people in the process that must be a great way to get them to love us.You're the one who sounds retarded. Has it ever occurred to you that maybe they don't want our love? Has it ever occurred to you that they just hate us? This isn't the first time I've seen the Japanese sticking it to us here, in the U.S. I see it all they time.

Unregistered
11-04-2017, 10:12 PM
translate the page using a browser translator, not by clicking on English for language. It works fine if you don't give up after the easy mode fails.
That was the first thing I tried. Any more suggestions? I really want to keep playing this game.

Unregistered
11-04-2017, 10:31 PM
You're the one who sounds retarded. Has it ever occurred to you that maybe they don't want our love? Has it ever occurred to you that they just hate us? This isn't the first time I've seen the Japanese sticking it to us here, in the U.S. I see it all they time.

No. It occurred to me that since I'm not from Japan I'm not their target audience and they don't care enough to love or hate me, and I'm fine with that. Since they don't actually offer you any English games clicking the English button and getting directed to their English partner does make more sense than them just being random assholes.

wolfdragon76
11-04-2017, 11:07 PM
Those options are gonna be nigh impossible

Money invested in Gacha online games or PC/consoles games w/ loot boxes - I don't think you're going to get your money back

For data transfers, I can't say much since that requires technical expertise.

IT guy here. Since I don't know what they actually use as a back-end, I'm going to assume SQL as it's the most common for storing data in similar games. Writing a script to export a player's data to a form that could be easily imported to another server(Think World of Warcraft's character transfer functions) would take a competent programmer a couple days. Said script could be used for anyone willing to pay for a character transfer, as we're sure it wouldn't be free. The bigger problem comes from the fact that most of their services are not supposed to be available outside of Japan, so they probably couldn't offer the option even if they cared enough to write the scripts.

Blaxer
11-05-2017, 12:29 AM
Oh well... Since i got to Nutaku i only played 1 game: LoV, then Aigis came so i played them both, i played both every day until LoV closed so i only played Aigis until now.

Honestly that's it for me, Aigis was the only game that kept me coming back but now all those months of invested time are going to the thrash can. Starting over on DMM is tempting but honestly Aigis demise was mainly because of neglecting devs and those are on DMM, they didn't give a fuck about eng Aigis for the longest time and so it died

Farewell internet games, i will remember you kindly

Unregistered
11-05-2017, 12:32 AM
The bigger problem comes from the fact that most of their services are not supposed to be available outside of Japan, so they probably couldn't offer the option even if they cared enough to write the scripts.
DMM explicitly allowed 18+ online games to foreigners like year ago.

Also, they already have needed tools in place, as they do manual account backups or rollbacks sometimes. But there are legal issues plus whole "act only within guidelines and rules" thing, so most likely support guy who deals with user mail will just copy-paste some pre-defined answer instead escalating issue to boss and then boss allowing custom, not allowed in advance by his boss, actions. Still, worth a try I guess, but one needs to contact japanese side via DMM inquiry, not nutaku side.

Eliont
11-05-2017, 12:58 AM

I already got them all (including male units), thanks to posted res dump, check link in signature.

Arkinum
11-05-2017, 07:04 AM
No. It occurred to me that since I'm not from Japan I'm not their target audience and they don't care enough to love or hate me, and I'm fine with that. Since they don't actually offer you any English games clicking the English button and getting directed to their English partner does make more sense than them just being random assholes.

^this

I understand that there is a lot of salt going around right now. I'm pretty sure the Aigis dev team wanted this to work out, as they would not have bothered in the first place. Pretty sure that for every xenophobic idiot, there are many more that either don't care or actually like the idea of expanding into a new market.

starburst98
11-05-2017, 02:40 PM
is funny to me that even though the game is literally dead in the water it's still not at the bottom of the rankings. how fucking bad is narborion?

Arkinum
11-05-2017, 03:28 PM
For me the music completely turned me away and the art style really wans't to my taste. The game play failed to grab my attention too.

AgentFakku
11-05-2017, 03:45 PM
Narborion suxs and it's fugly

Zandel
11-05-2017, 10:51 PM
Sad to see another game gone but I guess that is the way of the western world. Not many games live very long for us because we simply do not spend on them enough t o keep them live.

Shame that people are blaming Nutaku for a game closure tho, that's like blaming Steam for a game like COD closing their servers... not like Nutaku had any say in the matter, and if their blog is to be believed they did convince the devs to keep the game open another year and a half.

On that note... I legit thought that Aigis HAD closed a year ago.... there was so much talk about it closing that I was sure it had or was just about too so I ended up not playing it.

Who was the western Dev for that game by the way? Anyone know?

Zandel
11-05-2017, 11:03 PM
...Isn't the best way to compensate someone (given that they cannot give cash refunds), is to;

1.) Let us transfer the game to DMM. I don't know the specifics of why they cannot, but if it involves players being on "uneven ground" so to say, as the English MWA has different events and whatnot, that's dumb.

2.) Give us our money back in Nutaku Gold, not this crummy promotional gifts for new games that we may or may not get into.

3.) Let us download a cached version of MWA, so we can keep playing or something.

1: DMM is not the western DEV of this game tho, they would have no reason to add extra players from around the world to their servers and increase load. If western players are not spending enough to keep the western dev in business then they are not spending enough for DMM to want.

2: You did not buy anything from Nutaku when you spent money on this game, you bought from the Dev who is closing down. This is the same as playing something like EVE Online through Steam... even if you use cash from your steam wallet (like nutaku gold on nutaku) it's not buying content from steam but from CCP the Devs of EVE. Therefore Nutaku owe you the player nothing because it was not their game, likewise DMM owe you nothing because while they own the content they do not own the western version of the game.

3: I don't have enough knowledge to comment on this other then to say that it's likely that the server side of the game is quite resource intensive and might not be able to run correctly on just a home PC system.

Unregistered
11-06-2017, 12:28 AM
2: You did not buy anything from Nutaku when you spent money on this game, you bought from the Dev who is closing down. This is the same as playing something like EVE Online through Steam... even if you use cash from your steam wallet (like nutaku gold on nutaku) it's not buying content from steam but from CCP the Devs of EVE. Therefore Nutaku owe you the player nothing because it was not their game, likewise DMM owe you nothing because while they own the content they do not own the western version of the game.

... so if some shitty china made product fails we're to go to china rather than walmart to bitch... boy you out your damn mind.

Unregistered
11-06-2017, 01:56 AM
1: DMM is not the western DEV of this game tho, they would have no reason to add extra players from around the world to their servers and increase load. If western players are not spending enough to keep the western dev in business then they are not spending enough for DMM to want.

3: I don't have enough knowledge to comment on this other then to say that it's likely that the server side of the game is quite resource intensive and might not be able to run correctly on just a home PC system.

Last I checked, the Jap devs took over after the dry period last year.

Tenhou
11-06-2017, 03:44 AM
The jap devs have always handled aigis. The thing was that nutaku tried to get dev rights because the jap devs gave us so long times between each event. They got dev rights and started training a group of people to handle it, which led to the dry summer last year. However, the jap devs took back their rights and then started churning out events at a better pace. So nutaku never really developed the game, except for the meager attempt in the summer last year.

Zandel
11-06-2017, 06:13 AM
... so if some shitty china made product fails we're to go to china rather than walmart to bitch... boy you out your damn mind.

That is not a good example because that walmart DID sell you the Chinese product (which is likely to be of a better standard then most American products to begin with you so you are aware) after they themselves had bought it. Nutaku does not buy games, they simple host games by other western devs who have bought them.

In terms you might be able to understand... E-Bay does not buy goods off people and re-sell them, they just list the sales and you buy from the owners. Same thing with Nutaku.

Zandel
11-06-2017, 06:17 AM
That makes no logical sense, if the same Devs from Japan owned the game on Nutaku then it would still be making enough money to stay open, hell it wouldn't need to make extra just break even and they would still be in front due to Japanese sales. Are you telling me the Jap ver is also closing? If not then it's much more likely they had a western company (even if it was a subsidiary) doing all the translations and server side here. That company is the issue here, that and the fact that western gamers simply do not spend on games the same was as the Japanese do.

Unregistered
11-06-2017, 06:36 AM
That makes no logical sense, if the same Devs from Japan owned the game on Nutaku then it would still be making enough money to stay open, hell it wouldn't need to make extra just break even and they would still be in front due to Japanese sales. Are you telling me the Jap ver is also closing? If not then it's much more likely they had a western company (even if it was a subsidiary) doing all the translations and server side here. That company is the issue here, that and the fact that western gamers simply do not spend on games the same was as the Japanese do.
Breaking even is not enough. They have to work and as a result they gain nothing, just break even? What kind of business would continue like this?

If they have positive income from jap sales and only break even or even go negative with western ones, it's quite logical to close the western production part.

Unregistered
11-06-2017, 08:15 AM
2: You did not buy anything from Nutaku when you spent money on this game, you bought from the Dev who is closing down.
This is not true. First, Nutaku is the only party you are dealing with. They took your money, by all laws and customs they are sellers and service providers, they hold all responsibility for the product.
Second, Nutaku is NOT "just storefront". Nutaku personnel many times admitted that they are involved in game production at much deeper levels, in particular NutakuDev on vndb said that Nutaku personnel is responsible for translations of texts for Aigis and have ability to correct these texts after they were inserted in the game and published.

Arkinum
11-06-2017, 09:58 AM
This is not true. First, Nutaku is the only party you are dealing with. They took your money, by all laws and customs they are sellers and service providers, they hold all responsibility for the product.
Second, Nutaku is NOT "just storefront". Nutaku personnel many times admitted that they are involved in game production at much deeper levels, in particular NutakuDev on vndb said that Nutaku personnel is responsible for translations of texts for Aigis and have ability to correct these texts after they were inserted in the game and published.

I would hardy consider translation and insertion of text "a deeper level". And I imagine that Nutaku took their share, at the developers expense for this service. And at the end of the day they can on only make changes to what the developer has granted them permission for, even if they can make substantial edits.

It's shit, but this is the nature of these kind of games.

Colin
11-06-2017, 02:53 PM
Since the game is going to end anyways, it'd be pretty cool if they said, "Fuck it," and just gave the players everything.

Not too sure what they plan to accomplish anyways, keeping a "dead" (damn it, it was a brilliant game) game open until December...

Eliont
11-06-2017, 09:26 PM
They do it. (resource dump)

UnregAnon
11-07-2017, 08:13 AM
The jap devs have always handled aigis. The thing was that nutaku tried to get dev rights because the jap devs gave us so long times between each event. They got dev rights and started training a group of people to handle it, which led to the dry summer last year. However, the jap devs took back their rights and then started churning out events at a better pace. So nutaku never really developed the game, except for the meager attempt in the summer last year.

Were the Japanese Devs the ones translating, bringing over events and all that to Nutaku Aigis?

Unregistered
11-07-2017, 09:10 AM
Sorry if it was already asked but has there been any word on compensation? I mean obviously they're not gonna give back much to anything but when a game closes, they usually compensate you with currency for other games. Has anything been mentioned yet?

Arkinum
11-07-2017, 09:24 AM
Sorry if it was already asked but has there been any word on compensation? I mean obviously they're not gonna give back much to anything but when a game closes, they usually compensate you with currency for other games. Has anything been mentioned yet?

Ya, we'll get a small amount of points for Pussy Saga and Bitch Hunter....

J/K (At least I hope I am -_-)

Seriously though, aside from the "We are in talks with developers" there is no word yet. Unfortunately most of the games that have been released thus far are either too time consuming or suck balls. So anay form of compensation would be pointless.

Frelas
11-07-2017, 11:43 AM
Ya, we'll get a small amount of points for Pussy Saga and Bitch Hunter....

Please dont jinx it, that would just add insult to injury

lolix
11-07-2017, 12:38 PM
seriously tho , the names alone are offensive. Who the heck plays those games ?

Unregistered
11-07-2017, 04:36 PM
seriously tho , the names alone are offensive. Who the heck plays those games ?

Normies. And Nutaku employees.

Ericridge
11-07-2017, 06:14 PM
Normies. And Nutaku employees.

So.. useless people then.

Unregistered
11-07-2017, 06:58 PM

Didn't Nutaku get rid of NutakuDev though? They could've changed things since then so it's possible what he said no longer applies.

AgentFakku
11-07-2017, 07:07 PM
Prolly get compensation for DMM related games like Kamihime and Flower Knight Girl

Crossing fingers

DMAsh
11-07-2017, 08:30 PM
Is it just me, has Aigis' entire history been full of neglect from the Devs? Looking at what history I can find, it seems that Aigis has problems straight from the get go, which contributed to (paying) players moving over to the DMM version because of better quality.

Frelas
11-07-2017, 08:55 PM
Is it just me, has Aigis' entire history been full of neglect from the Devs? Looking at what history I can find, it seems that Aigis has problems straight from the get go, which contributed to (paying) players moving over to the DMM version because of better quality.

Not only neglect but nutaku's retarded censorship didnt help either, important units were left out becuase they were loli's, which resulted in people getting pissed and moved to dmm.

Unregistered
11-07-2017, 09:58 PM
Didn't Nutaku get rid of NutakuDev though? They could've changed things since then so it's possible what he said no longer applies.
He was still employee at the end of 2016. Maybe this year something changed, no idea.

Its more complicated.

Back in 2015, NutakuDev posted this regarding rate of events in Aigis:

When Aigis hits the required number of daily active users, they'll implement weekly events. It's growing, so that will happen eventually.
I know your reply to this will be, "If they implemented weekly events, they'd have more daily active users." You're right, but they don't see it that way, for whatever reason.
When they launched game, there was agreement on particular goals game must reach for particular level of involvement of devs.
Ultimately, game failed to reach these goals, but Nutaku persuaded devs to step up their game, bring more events and updates anyway, and thus stimulate game growth. They tried this approach, but it was too late as all whales migrated to DMM Aigis already. They didn't see promised levels of growth despite heavier investments and decided to shut it down.

DMAsh
11-08-2017, 01:16 AM
I swear that plan sounds like the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Did the devs take the international community as idiots? I...honestly have no words for this. Maybe other than the speculation that the devs behind Aigis didn't want to bring it over in the first place.

Honestly maybe they really were conspiring to make the payers go to the DMM version, 'cause I can't figure out another realistic reason for this sort of dev plan. This sort of thing shouldn't have been tolerated.

Unregistered
11-08-2017, 06:03 AM
That actually sounds quite a lot like the risk-averse business mentality that isn't uncommon in Japan. It wouldn't surprise me if there was just no decision to support it because the company was afraid to take on more risks.

Something like:
- Let's come up with a business strategy!
- We can add more features? No, it's too risky since we don't have the staff to properly support it.
- We can hire more staff to implement and support the features? No, it's too risky since we don't have the revenue to pay those staff.
- We need more customers before can add features or pay staff. What do we do?
- Let's wait until we have some more customers and then we'll come up with a business strategy!

Repeat for 1.5 years until someone decides there hasn't been enough growth.

Unregistered
11-08-2017, 09:17 PM
Thre's got to be something that can be done... Why don't they release more packs, with rare hard to get et as fuck units, like Bashira, Nanaly, or the dark Knight? I never bought a pack on Pero pero I never bought a single pack for any of their games, EXCEPT Aigis, to get Alicia. And I would definitely buy more packs for Aigis. They should also put up a quota meter with a request for donations. "We need this much, to keep Aigis online. every bit helps." It works for other sites. They should give us these options, before just closing it down.

Unregistered
11-08-2017, 11:01 PM
Thre's got to be something that can be done... Why don't they release more packs, with rare hard to get et as fuck units, like Bashira, Nanaly, or the dark Knight? I never bought a pack on Pero pero I never bought a single pack for any of their games, EXCEPT Aigis, to get Alicia. And I would definitely buy more packs for Aigis. They should also put up a quota meter with a request for donations. "We need this much, to keep Aigis online. every bit helps." It works for other sites. They should give us these options, before just closing it down.

This is a very brilliant idea! but too bad that's too late to suggest to Nutaku now...

AgentFakku
11-08-2017, 11:31 PM
That actually sounds quite a lot like the risk-averse business mentality that isn't uncommon in Japan. It wouldn't surprise me if there was just no decision to support it because the company was afraid to take on more risks.

Something like:
- Let's come up with a business strategy!
- We can add more features? No, it's too risky since we don't have the staff to properly support it.
- We can hire more staff to implement and support the features? No, it's too risky since we don't have the revenue to pay those staff.
- We need more customers before can add features or pay staff. What do we do?
- Let's wait until we have some more customers and then we'll come up with a business strategy!

Repeat for 1.5 years until someone decides there hasn't been enough growth.

I think they were stretch thin for DMM games on Nutaku w/ translation as Aigis did get content but as I heard from older players, there were dry periods and breaks

for Flower Knight Girl, we don't get CSQ as often

Unregistered
11-09-2017, 05:58 PM
This is a very brilliant idea! but too bad that's too late to suggest to Nutaku now...

Why is that? the game's still up, people are still Playing it. If they get the money from it that they need, then that should convince them to keep the game up.... Shouldn't it? I mean, they get their money's worth, what's the problem?

lolix
11-09-2017, 06:40 PM
go suggest that to nutaku then.

At this point , i doubt that they will simply say : "gee , why didn't we think of that ? Let;s keep the game alive and hope this episode revitalized the western market enough to make this profitable for us in the future. Let;s forget the number of players that already made new accounts on dmm , or the players we lost as soon as we gave the news...."

Unregistered
11-09-2017, 10:31 PM
Yeah, adding to that, not a lot of people's willing to stick around or pay for a game that's dangerously close to death's door. I'm not an expert on how much these things cost, but there's no possible way you're going to find enough shmucks willing to raise enough cash in less than 21 days when the game cans the option to purchase SCs and Packs. It'll just be desperate wishful thinking.

Tenhou
11-10-2017, 03:30 AM
Well, i went ahead and got myself banned. Nutaku never replied to my support tickets so i went ahead and chargebacked them. This of course led to being banned since they do not like having money they...

Danex
11-10-2017, 08:05 AM
So, the only game that kept me playing at Nutaku is going to die. <br />
<br />
Well, given the notorious mishandling of the game, I can't blame DMM for wanting to cut ties and focus on their own platform. <br />
I...

Tenhou
11-10-2017, 10:59 AM
Been a while indeed, i personally don't post too often here anymore as i am on discord. As a small piece of irony they were super quick to contact me once i actually created the dispute. Never has the support been so fast in the lifetime of it's existence. Sadly they clearly stated that they could not refund me gold/money and that they would be happy to work on a compensation in another game.

Unregistered
11-10-2017, 04:23 PM
Been a while indeed, i personally don't post too often here anymore as i am on discord. As a small piece of irony they were super quick to contact me once i actually created the dispute. Never has the support been so fast in the lifetime of it's existence. Sadly they clearly stated that they could not refund me gold/money and that they would be happy to work on a compensation in another game.

Wait, so they didn't give you back your money AND banned you anyway. That's just scummy.

AgentFakku
11-10-2017, 08:58 PM
I don't think you can get a refund. Not really sure how other non gacha games w/ microtransactions like Overwatch work
I never play 'em

Unless it must been a recent purchase, IDK maybe possible?

Ericridge
11-10-2017, 10:53 PM
Wait, aren't you an big whale? <br />
<br />
I guess I'll go and join you in being banned. lol

Tenhou
11-11-2017, 03:15 AM
It's basically a case of "I paid for this service but the service closed down soon after so i did not get a good value out of my purchase". The payment processors have their own rules for this and they apply to sites using those payment processors whether they state otherwise in their ToS or not. I heard some payment processors refund purchases for this type of event up to 6 months before a service closes down.

Unregistered
11-11-2017, 08:06 AM
It's basically a case of "I paid for this service but the service closed down soon after so i did not get a good value out of my purchase". The payment processors have their own rules for this and they apply to sites using those payment processors whether they state otherwise in their ToS or not. I heard some payment processors refund purchases for this type of event up to 6 months before a service closes down.

Maybe you could get a lawyer to dispute it if you're so inclined. Especially if you paid a good amount of money.

Tenhou
11-11-2017, 01:22 PM
Just explaining the reasoning behind the ability to get a refund when you already used the credits. They were used on a soon to die game. I already got my aigis refund so just gave more info regarding why you can actually get one :P

AgentFakku
11-11-2017, 01:53 PM
oh man, congrats Tenhou!

I didn't know how it really work

Ericridge
11-11-2017, 07:11 PM

I see, and I did an dispute but i don't think I"ll hear anything back until monday because its the weekend now. I also disputed the money i spent on armor blitz because since I'm going to get banned for it which means that I won't have enough value out of my purchase in other game because I barely got to do anythign with my purchase. My main purchase which got me an Farne/Altia. Farne is level 1 while Altia is CC1. :/ And I have never got to fight in a single battle with them at all....

Basically it was a case of pulling them, and then few days later oh hey guys we're closing aigis down because fuck you guys. >_<

Unregistered
11-11-2017, 11:57 PM
I wonder how this works for Nutaku. When you pay them, they get their share and transfer main part of the payment to devs. If you take back your money, Nutaku loses both parts of money, meaning they lose part of their own cash while devs don't lose anything, or they get back money from devs too?

Ericridge
11-12-2017, 08:18 PM
Nutaku gets dinged for $35 dollars everytime a chargeback is done on them I think.

MalusCorvus
11-13-2017, 11:06 AM
Been a while indeed, i personally don't post too often here anymore as i am on discord.

Going to be sad to see a lot of the regulars and such go, for various reasons. Hmm, do you go to some sort of public Aigis Discord server? If I'm to move to DMM I'll need aid navigating the menus...

Tenhou
11-13-2017, 11:59 AM
Well, if you need help on the DMM version:
https://discord.gg/0yHlHk1KpV5ElsJe Discord for both dmm and nutaku aigis. Will be only dmm soon obviously.
http://aigis.wikia.com/wiki/Aigis_Wiki The english wiki for dmm. At the top currently you can find a link to help you with starting on dmm.

@Ericridge
I heard it was 20-30$ per transaction they're forced to refund, albeit i haven't looked much into it.

AgentFakku
11-13-2017, 12:52 PM
Pretty much use this to navigate http://aigis.wikia.com/wiki/UI_Guide

Unregistered
11-14-2017, 04:12 PM

I sent in my ideas. They said they would take them into consideration. Lets hope they decide to go through with it and give us a little more time.

Unregistered
11-14-2017, 05:26 PM
"We'll take your ideas into consideration" is generally business speak for "we don't want to say no, but no." :/

Ericridge
11-14-2017, 07:11 PM
Thanks Tenhou,
and my claims is being processed now and I suspect I will get banned too soonly. I had an account on armor blitz too but since they chose the route to be a dick and that ban means I'll lose access to what i spent on in armor blitz so I asked for money back from there too. So the economic damage they just took is much more bigger than nutaku thought cuz i spent some money on FKG and armor blitz and kamihime R.... Plus osawari island. It was Aigis that kept me coming back and playing other games from time to time.

Whatever dumb decision they made on nutaku sure backfired big on them. Sure I'm not a giant whale but I did spread out my spending on several games at same time. :P I guess my wallet will thank me now.

Unregistered
11-15-2017, 09:27 PM
I think it was already discussed in this thread that it was not Nutaku's decision. Nutaku managed to keep the game going for 1 more year when devs wanted to close it a long time ago. So unless you...

lolix
11-15-2017, 10:54 PM
at this point it doesn't matter either way who is to blame.

Thta being said , i just completed 3 starring every map in the game. Had a couple dailies (like a toast to men g) or 4 stars challanges that i hadn't done yet because i was too lazy. Now i'm completly finished with aigis i guess.... All is left to do is maybe raise a couple of units that i always wanted to but didn't had time to

MalusCorvus
11-16-2017, 08:02 PM
Out of curiosity, has anyone collected/transcribed the male Trust conversations? I know the H-scenes have been collected, but I rather like the Trust scenes for their insight into the male cast.

Ericridge
11-16-2017, 10:46 PM
I have maxed trust scenes with almost every male character that I have. Which ones u haven't seen yet.

AgentFakku
11-16-2017, 10:50 PM
Out of curiosity, has anyone collected/transcribed the male Trust conversations? I know the H-scenes have been collected, but I rather like the Trust scenes for their insight into the male cast.

The male conversations on the Wikia

http://millenniumwaraigis.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Male_Units

MalusCorvus
11-16-2017, 10:55 PM
I have maxed trust scenes with almost every male character that I have. Which ones u haven't seen yet.

It'd be easier to list the ones I have. XD

The male conversations on the Wikia

http://millenniumwaraigis.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Male_Units

Ah, thanks. For some reason I didn't register that they were on there.

AgentFakku
11-16-2017, 11:03 PM
If some of them aren't there on the wiki, ask http://millenniumwaraigis.wikia.com/wiki/User:Kuremisago he has access to resources that a regular player doesn't have

MalusCorvus
11-17-2017, 11:15 PM
Meanwhile, the project I've dedicated my remaining Aigis time to is to get Dark Knight (already accomplished), Awaken him, and max him out with the aid of the max leveling spirit I've been saving for a special someone... been wanting to get Dark Knight for a damn long time (the event he died in, after all, is my favorite of all the Aigis events I've done), but I didn't have enough Rainbow Crystals... the closing announcement made me decide I could just sell a bunch of units I wasn't using, though. Just barely made enough to get him.

lolix
11-18-2017, 06:42 AM
that;s actua;lly a good ideea. I kept hoarding a number of gold/plat dupes hoping they add new characters to exhange them for.... Guess i might as well go for the dark knight now

AgentFakku
11-18-2017, 12:56 PM
I wanna buy the Black Knight but I don't think it's possible for me LOL to sell enuf units

I didn't really use SC in Gacha spending, I used it mostly on refills for events hence my collection was small. I don't even use my 1st two barracks. They are all empty

Unregistered
11-19-2017, 06:44 PM
Whoa, Aigis is closing?

I dare to say that this game is one of the very few games that are free player friendly among all the nutaku`s game.

RIP

lolix
11-22-2017, 09:55 AM
welp , i did got the DK after all. Trying to awaken him just for the lolz now.

LeCrestfallen
11-22-2017, 01:17 PM
Any news somewhere if/what kind of compensation we will receive?

wolfdragon76
11-22-2017, 09:22 PM
Any news somewhere if/what kind of compensation we will receive?

They haven't said, so probably nothing.

Unregistered
11-23-2017, 09:38 PM
Some people got a code for some small gifts for Armor Blitz.

Ericridge
11-24-2017, 06:31 PM
My compensation is that I now have more money and time to spend on FE:H/FGO lol And it paid off already. NP3 Jeanne :3

Thanks DMM/Nutaku! I won't have pulled it off without you guys shutting down Aigis for greedy purposes!

MalusCorvus
11-24-2017, 10:19 PM
My compensation is that I now have more money and time to spend on FE:H/FGO lol And it paid off already. NP3 Jeanne :3

Thanks DMM/Nutaku! I won't have pulled it off without you guys shutting down Aigis for greedy purposes!

Well, that's definitely looking on the bright side of things. I, of course, am looking forward to having one less thing to distract me from more important tasks...

Ericridge
11-25-2017, 01:32 PM
Well, that's definitely looking on the bright side of things. I, of course, am looking forward to having one less thing to distract me from more important tasks...

More important tasks like playing AA2? XD

MalusCorvus
11-25-2017, 05:16 PM
More important tasks like playing AA2? XD

I don't know what that stands for, but I do have other games competing for my time, yes. I'd like to work on other leisure activities, though... like IRL stuff.

Ericridge
11-26-2017, 06:36 PM
I don't know what that stands for, but I do have other games competing for my time, yes. I'd like to work on other leisure activities, though... like IRL stuff.

Artifical Academy 2

Tony
11-27-2017, 07:59 PM
Sigh, that moment where you realize you are missing some units to Class Evolve (darn Rogues) and finally resort to buying a whole bunch of SC, but only get one of the thing you need.

Ericridge
11-28-2017, 08:49 PM
Sigh, that moment where you realize you are missing some units to Class Evolve (darn Rogues) and finally resort to buying a whole bunch of SC, but only get one of the thing you need.

Game is shutting down why are u buying SCs.

Zenoswitch
11-29-2017, 12:54 PM
at this point it doesn't matter either way who is to blame.

The thing is the argument from blaming DMM is like suing the bicycle company (DMM) when the car (Nutaku) made a hit and run on you. There's also the fault in the consumer for trusting the car (Nutaku) when the driver isn't paying attention (Their recent marketing and advertisement strategy.)

People should realize how very small the Adult English Localization companies like Nutaku has. Let's take a few hentai localization companies as an example. Media Blasters (The company that licensed the uncensored "Kanajo x Kanajo x Kanajo" and "Fuzzy Lips") was bought out by Fakku. And Fakku only needed the money they earned from one book "Bashful Break" by Homunculus to make a deal with Kitty Media to buy the rights over Media Blasters.

Right now Fakku might be using the profits from another book they're selling, "Metamorphosis" By Shindo L to buy out the company Project H. It says a lot if one can out buy Adult English Localization companies with profits of one book. This also makes one wonder on Nutaku's wealth size and how small it really is if they're resorting to local games instead. Along with sketchy games that pirates stuff from Japan like Fap Titans... Most of the H content there is basically a smaller version of Gelbooru and Pixiv. The timing of Nutaku adding Fap Titans and DMM pulling a flagship like Aegis out of Nutaku's hands is rather close. I'm not surprised if DMM wanted to abandon the pirate ship once they saw that game appear. There's probably some fines that Nutaku had to pay (and not just to DMM) for going against contract conduct due to Fap Titans.

lolix
11-29-2017, 01:01 PM
let;s assume that you are 100% right.

How does this change anything ? We;re still not getting the money back , and the game is still going away.

That was the point when i said that it doesn't matter who is to blame atm

Tenhou
11-29-2017, 01:34 PM
Not fully a correct analogy there. A better one would be to say that DMM and Nutaku are both car sellers and Aigis is the car.
So you'd be blaming DMM for buying a faulty car from Nutaku.

DMM is not developing aigis, it's developed by devs who decided to put it on DMM and later try out putting it on Nutaku. The devs make the decision, not Nutaku or DMM.

In that sense, it is both Nutaku's and the dev's fault.

The start of the game was very slow paced with a new event every month or so and they picked up way too late when many who liked the game just jumped to their japanese version instead and had already given the game a rumour of being crap and how "The DMM version is just so much better". This can be blamed mainly on the devs that were too cowardly to go all out in the start to get more people to play and stay on it asap with their "we will add content faster if we get more players" logic.

However, once they picked up the pace it was also kind of Nutaku's fault for not blowing up with advertising to get more people as well as seemingly knowing the game was in a declining state and somehow refusing to tell the situation to the customers, that the devs decided to pull most of their stops and want to see if they can still make it profitable. Honesty is the best way to get long lasting customers that trust you.

All in all both Nutaku and devs are to blame, but DMM should most likely not be blamed for this part. Whether the "not profitable" part was truly the actual reason or whether it was due to nutaku's reputation or the devs simply earning so much more on the DMM version, we won't know. But we can still blame them both! :P

Whether you can still play on DMM and thus giving the devs more popularity is up to each one of us. Personally i am still playing on DMM. I started there 2 years back and have played there ever since. However it is perfectly understandable if you do not want to play it on DMM either out of principle and reasons mentioned above.

Ericridge
11-29-2017, 01:50 PM
Or u could play FGO/FE:H instead tenhou.

MalusCorvus
11-29-2017, 02:45 PM
Game is shutting down why are u buying SCs.

I considered it, but ultimately decided not to. I've got 8 left, and I plan to use 7 of those for buffs in a 5-day marathon of attempting to get every last mission done.

Then I'll probably go to DMM, but I'd like my efforts there to be more casual then they were here. And I don't intend to spend anything.

Tenhou
11-29-2017, 04:16 PM
Or u could play FGO/FE:H instead tenhou.

No thanks. Aigis on DMM will be the only web game i will be playing and the only one forever for now. I am honestly aside from aigis done with web gaming in general, or phones for that matter. Plenty of good games out there, don't need to spend my time on mediocre gameplay and gaming restricted behind the gates of stamina/energy/youNameIt.

Also, FE:H was like the biggest disappointment ever. They had to dumb it down insanely much and remove most of the strategic elements that made Fire Emblem a fun game.

Ericridge
11-29-2017, 08:14 PM
No thanks. Aigis on DMM will be the only web game i will be playing and the only one forever for now. I am honestly aside from aigis done with web gaming in general, or phones for that matter. Plenty of good games out there, don't need to spend my time on mediocre gameplay and gaming restricted behind the gates of stamina/energy/youNameIt.

Also, FE:H was like the biggest disappointment ever. They had to dumb it down insanely much and remove most of the strategic elements that made Fire Emblem a fun game.

Okay.

FE:H isn't that bad at all though.

At least I don't have to suffer through watching my whole shield walls of experienced mercenaries that's awesome at fighting all missing at 99% chance to hit while enemy units hitting every one of my unit with 40% chance of hitting and then landing that sweet 1% crit chance and exploding my shieldwall through crits and then only for my single shitty villager to dodge every single hit and kill everyone who killed all of my mercenaries. Hallelujah for removal of permanent death. :p

Yes, that happened to me FE:Echoes SoV. I was like, okay this works.

Tenhou
11-30-2017, 03:38 AM
I'd have restarted. My FE policy is to have everyone survive unless they die storywise. This means that yes, after a painstalking map that took a long time, if one unit dies, i will restart the map. I always pick permadeath if there is an option in the FE games to not have it, like in fates :P

Unregistered
12-02-2017, 01:50 AM
You guys misunderstand how things work between developer and publisher. Aigis devs have no rights over their work. Its funded by DMM and all major decisions happen through DMM. DMM decided to give rights to their overseas partner Nutaku, then decided it wasn't bringing them enough cash and didn't prolong contract for year 2018. While there are some games on DMM which aren't owned by DMM (Granblue and Shadowverse), they are exceptions.

As for Nutaku being small and tight on funds. Is is joke? Nutaku and SuperHippo are subsidiaries of MindGeek, largest porn empire in the world. Nutaku is swimming in cash, at the point that they spent millions of dollars investing into random western porn devs. You can check "hiring" section of MindGeek, they are seeking to fill dozens of vacancies for Nutaku and SuperHippo, they keep growing and in no way are "small".

LeCrestfallen
12-04-2017, 08:20 AM
December and still no info about wether/if we will get any compensation for the closing down.

Unregistered
12-04-2017, 08:34 AM
December and still no info about wether/if we will get any compensation for the closing down.

Check your email, our "great" reward was something in Armor Blitz

https:// media.discordapp.net/attachments/174077974872719360/380480121657753607/image.png?width=719&height=530
https:// media.discordapp.net/attachments/174077974872719360/380480568103796748/image.png?width=845&height=267

LeCrestfallen
12-04-2017, 02:19 PM
i can neither load your pictures, nor did i receive any e-mail.

LeCrestfallen
12-06-2017, 07:01 PM
Tried to contact support, all they said is that they have no more information than what was given. If/what kind of compensation is not decided yet.

Unregistered
12-20-2017, 05:56 AM
They have removed Olivie from the login page, and replaced her with Nutaku's mascot :(

MalusCorvus
12-26-2017, 12:08 AM
And so it goes... managed to get some last missions in. With the buff, I was able to beat (but not 3-star) all the main missions available. Unless there was one after Thunder God, of course.

LeCrestfallen
12-26-2017, 07:19 AM
no compensation it seems, wrote a new ticket asking for more information, lets see what the reply will be.

Eliont
12-26-2017, 09:22 AM
input code AIGISPLAYER (or AIGISPLAYERS) to armor blitz