PDA

View Full Version : "New" upcoming game: Cosmic Shock League

1Playa
11-01-2017, 05:25 AM
1PlayaASDASDSD

Kotono
11-01-2017, 05:53 AM
I really like the art shown on the patreon page. I simply hope it does not end up so heavily censored in the actual game.

1Playa
11-01-2017, 06:12 AM
I really like the art shown on the patreon page. I simply hope it does not end up so heavily censored in the actual game.

Thanks a lot, here's more art to give you guys a bit more insight. Can't really see where we'd be censored by Nutaku at this juncture, in terms of underage, violence\blood, animals etc.. Is that what you meant in terms of censored content?

Kotono
11-01-2017, 06:50 AM
Aha, that's better!

I was referring to the mosaic censoring of the art on the patreon page. But yes, all forms of censorship would be depressing.

Arkinum
11-01-2017, 11:28 AM
The artwork is definitely to my taste and match3 is not bad in terms of game play.

If you're looking for an opinion, one of the reasons I stayed with Aigis so long is that it didn't eat up a lot of my time. I could log in and burn though my energy allotment in a relatively short time (late game) if I was running late. The current roster on Nutaku tend to be massive (boring) time sinks.

Just wondering, what game engine are you going to use (assuming you're not building your own)?

Eliont
11-01-2017, 11:44 AM
Dat censorship ever most awful i ever seen.

1Playa
11-01-2017, 02:10 PM
Just wondering, what game engine are you going to use (assuming you're not building your own)?

The game is built with with Unity and exported as WebGL

1Playa
11-01-2017, 02:11 PM
Dat censorship ever most awful i ever seen.

No censorship in the game it's just for the Patreon home page :)

http://i.harem-battle.club/images/2017/11/01/FvA.jpgREMOVED

Ericridge
11-01-2017, 02:21 PM
Looks like another stupid candy crush clone money grab.

However the hentai looks decent at least. But I won't be playing it. Anything that remotely looks like candy crush and their ilk automatically gets dismissed by me.

Myrdin
11-01-2017, 02:37 PM
Call me blind if you will, but other than your patreon and the Video for some child animal bashy bashy game you didnt seem to include the link to YOUR actual project and honestly if you want to grab the people and direct them somewhere, you really cant ask them to go google the stuff and start searching the net for it. Thats your job as the promoter.

If you want to draw attention to your stuff put it in BOLD, increase the fonts size, change the color of the text etc, etc. Dont make me go pixel hunt each line and sentence when I have limited to to quickly skim through the topic (I use "myself" as an example but I am pretty sure this goe for lot of people out there).

From what you posted here - the artwork seems nice, but unless I get something like a link where I can actually take a proper look at the project my interest is almost nonexsitent.
*I know how this sounds - trust me, I am trying to help you out here, if I would wanna act like a douche just for the sake of it, you would notice*

Unregistered
11-01-2017, 02:42 PM
Looks like you avoided the one thing that makes western games worthless...western art. I actually don't mind match-3 games so much. I'll give it a try, and if it's not much of a time sink I'll stick with it. It's not going to replace my time spent with FKG or AB, so it better be about the same time commitment as Crush Crush or I simply won't have time for it.

One thing, though...how did you get Nutaku sponsorship without a gacha to suck up N-gold? They aren't really known for their charity.

Aidoru
11-01-2017, 03:14 PM
The artwork is fine but gameplay... just another match game. /sigh. Shame that's all western games are capable of these days. Not that I hate them, they're okay from time to time but them on a site like nutaku doesn't bold well and it's not like we don't already have a few.

One thing, though...how did you get Nutaku sponsorship without a gacha to suck up N-gold? They aren't really known for their charity.

Possibly a hefty stamina system or just down right buy girls.

Kotono
11-02-2017, 02:05 AM
So, I went ahead and edited out explicit images to keep the SFW rules satisfied. But feel free to post anything privately.
Alternately, any SFW images of the art can also be posted here.

This is only to keep both adsense and those who like to browse from work happy.

1Playa
11-02-2017, 02:56 AM
If you want to draw attention to your stuff put it in BOLD, increase the fonts size, change the color of the text etc, etc.

Thanks for the tip, have tweaked the original post now. We're just trying to give a heads up rather than showing to much at this stage. It's still around 3 months from launch and needs a lot of polish. We could put up 10-20 seconds of gameplay if people would like to see an Alpha version. Let us know.

Very good question. We didn’t need any Sponsorship. Not all non-DMM games on Nutaku are sponsored or partly owned by Nutaku. We’re a totally independent indie that is self-funded.

The artwork is fine but gameplay... just another match game. /sigh. Shame that's all western games are capable of these days......

I understand your reluctance in terms of match-3. However this is very different than a standard Candy Crush style clone. Here you face the opponents board in real time PvP, matching specific colours to deploy heroes that have unique powers. It’s way more varied and tactical that anything match-3 on Nutaku to date.

Possibly a hefty stamina system or just down right buy girls.

No pay walls and no stamina, you can play PvE or PvP as much or as little as you like.

Eliont
11-02-2017, 02:57 AM
I doubt they ever release it =)
Most probably this game meets the same doom as CrystalMaiden and Throne of Legends.

unknown68
11-02-2017, 06:43 AM
If you can deliver on those promises, then consider me interested. Is there any way to get a developer forum here before the game launches? That'd give it a lot more visibility (and some competition for Harem Heroes).

I'll agree with other posters in that minimal time investment in our part is ideal. I dropped Phantasma (another match3 game on Nutaku) because each mission could take me 5-10 min to complete and I had to be actively invested in it the whole time. The writing and art was kind of trash too, but I was willing to wait to see if they improved.

I'm interested in your 'no gacha' claim. What's your alternative way to obtain units? The only other games I can think of without gacha are the clicker games.

Kotono
11-02-2017, 08:05 AM
I understand your reluctance in terms of match-3. However this is very different than a standard Candy Crush style clone. Here you face the opponents board in real time PvP, matching specific colours to deploy heroes that have unique powers. It’s way more varied and tactical that anything match-3 on Nutaku to date.

Kind of sounds a little like one of my favorite childhood games, tetris attack in vs. mode. (https://youtu.be/jgF3AvWJBf4?t=26m12s)

http://www.snesfun.com/play/tetris-attack/1294

1Playa
11-02-2017, 08:10 AM
Is there any way to get a developer forum here before the game launches? That'd give it a lot more visibility (and some competition for Harem Heroes).

Spoke to the admins about that and it’s still a little premature right now (unless you want to discuss the dev process with us). Maybe in December once we are within a month from the launch, we will request it officially.

I'll agree with other posters in that minimal time investment in our part is ideal.

This is a little harder for us as PvP games usually last around 5 minutes. There are Battle Chests available every 6 hours, that are unlocked for winning 5 PvP games, but there is no time pressure to complete this.

PvE games are generally a lot shorter and you can leave anytime as it saves your progress.

I'm interested in your 'no gacha' claim. What's your alternative way to obtain units?

We have a very similar economy as Clash Royale, you have daily contracts to buy specific girls for in-game gold. We also have paid chests of increasing value. These paid chests can also be acquired randomly for free by winning in PvP.

We don’t have anything like the ‘Step up’ or ‘Kompu’ systems in the Japanese games. We’re looking to create a community where free players can compete with paid players by just playing and winning chests in PvE and PvP.

You can also gift and request girls from your friends, every 12 hours. This is a great way to level up girls and also get lots of gold (1 Epic given = 5000 gold). The higher your level the more cards you can give and receive. You can have up to 50 friends atm.

1Playa
11-02-2017, 08:38 AM
Kind of sounds a little like one of my favorite childhood games

One of the best multiplayer games ever created, Puzzle fighter is a close second for me too :D :D

Unregistered
11-02-2017, 09:58 AM
Oh yeah, go read the Crystal Maidens thread for tips on what exactly to never ever consider doing when developing a game. Like, 'cut your fingers off so that you'd avoid having the slightest chance of doing them' shitty decisions.

Unregistered
11-02-2017, 09:44 PM
Can only give my 2 cents, but match 3 = immediate NOPE.

makinaz
11-02-2017, 10:49 PM
Spoke to the admins about that and it’s still a little premature right now (unless you want to discuss the dev process with us). Maybe in December once we are within a month from the launch, we will request it officially.

You guys are launching that early? Jan 2018?

1Playa
11-03-2017, 12:55 AM
You guys are launching that early? Jan 2018?

Everything is tracking for us to have a very strong beta by the end of the year (we started 1st of MAY). Then polish in January and launch first week of February. Of course that will depend on Nutaku's own launch schedule at the time too.

Regarding Crystal Maidens, I just scanned the thread. What I got from it was that they appear to have gone into soft launch with something that was not ready or didn't have enough content. Then they basically disappeared! If that's correct.... it's a weird one for an indie to do unless they are getting external pressure. We'll avoid that sort of experimental soft-launch, we'll only use that short period to test Nutaku integration with CSL.

Unregistered
11-03-2017, 04:53 PM
I'm glad you're taking the Crystal Maidens lesson seriously. The last thing you want to do is piss off your potential players before they even get a chance to play your game. And then compound the problem by making it worse. I would've been interested in playing it because the art looked fantastic, but to adapt a saying, 'no matter how hot she looks, someone somewhere is sick of her shit.'

Unregistered
11-04-2017, 11:42 AM
I doubt they ever release it =)
Most probably this game meets the same doom as CrystalMaiden and Throne of Legends.

Throne of Legends is dead? It feels like it's coming soon banner has only been up for ~1 month or so... (and is still up)

Locutus
11-04-2017, 09:17 PM
Throne of Legends is dead? It feels like it's coming soon banner has only been up for ~1 month or so... (and is still up)The banner has been up for at least 2 months, because the thread for it here was made 2 months ago.

1Playa
11-05-2017, 12:02 PM
I know the team and they're still planning to launch this year I believe. It's just being polished a little more for the past few weeks

1Playa
11-13-2017, 09:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8y540QWjb0&feature=youtu.be

Wanted to share a little update on how the game is shaping up.
We still have a lot more polishes to add, there are no hero power animations in here and the tile movement timing is off but you get a pretty good idea of the fluidity. This video was captured in the Nutaku Dev sandbox, which we fully connected to this week :D

The next 2 weeks we'll finish most menus and make a few videos to show how that works too, hope you like

Cahir
11-13-2017, 12:38 PM
Looks pretty cool for me. Cant wait to play. How many girls will be there?

1Playa
11-14-2017, 01:24 AM
Looks pretty cool for me. Cant wait to play. How many girls will be there?

We'll be launching with 40 girls, all of them with completely unique abilities that impact gameplay a lot. We already have 70 coded (no art yet), but we'll be waiting till after launch to see what rate of release makes the most sense for the new ones. It's probably going to be 2 or 4 new heroes a month.

Natsuki Sasaki
11-14-2017, 04:09 AM
Nice work you are all doing! The art seems pretty for me, and even if I hate hentai scenes, I'd play this. This art is worth paying money too, but I'm broke so I can't ;;

1Playa
11-15-2017, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the positive vibes all. Here's a few more characters for you guys to check out. We're really trying to keep the quality bar as high as we can, to avoid falling into that "Looks like a shit Western $###...." category ;)

We've also just got our Kimochi Crowd funding page (https://www.kimochi.co/campaign/2215/cosmic-shock-league?eid=2215&plid=367&m=20) pushed live! Patreon was a fail for us as it's mostly for launched or download games.

We're a very small indie with just 4 guys working for free, if anyone can spare even $1 for our campaign if would really help us feed our coder and avoid him going total feral mode.

"Will sing for dollars!" :D

https://i.imgur.com/Z1j3dCy.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/HnU37CX.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/a49TPHr.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/eSqLMuC.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/SiQ44ny.jpg

Unregistered
11-15-2017, 09:38 AM
I mean. There is not that kind of game on nutaku so your coder must work harder because i see huge potential here. Artworks are just gorgeous. Big high five to your designer. I will support the game but after release. Cheers

1Playa
11-15-2017, 09:44 AM
I mean. There is not that kind of game on nutaku so your coder must work harder because i see huge potential here. Artworks are just gorgeous. Big high five to your designer. I will support the game but after release. Cheers

Thank you for a really positive vibe, no pressure on the $

If you give it a try on launch we're more than happy!

makinaz
11-15-2017, 10:19 AM
More original characters would be nice.
I recognize almost every character above, some of them are blatant enough that they look almost 100% cloned.

Aidoru
11-15-2017, 09:39 PM
They look alright. Not a fan of the lack of theme consistency between them but I guess you could just look at it as more freedom to the artist to draw whatever.

1Playa
11-16-2017, 04:29 AM
Well spotted :) In fact it's kind of a core part of the game, not cloning but cosplaying female characters from the 20th\21st century, for the benefit of the massive population on an interstellar...

Unregistered
11-16-2017, 11:15 AM
I guess 'no theme as a theme' is a good enough explanation.

Unregistered
11-21-2017, 02:01 PM
Question about gameplay. Will we play against another players in real time or vs their teams like in Gems of War for example. The first option may cause problems with matchmaking.

Draghorn
11-21-2017, 02:24 PM
So I used to play Primal Legends (the game they say they were inspired by for this game), and as far as I could tell that game was using real-time multiplayer. Don't know what they plan for this game, though.

1Playa
11-22-2017, 02:22 PM
Question about gameplay. Will we play against another players in real time or vs their teams like in Gems of War for example. The first option may cause problems with matchmaking.

So I used to play Primal Legends (the game they say they were inspired by for this game), and as far as I could tell that game was using real-time multiplayer. Don't know what they plan for this game, though.

That's correct, it will be realtime turn based PvP, as well as a pretty extensive PvE saga campaign. The matchmaking issue is one of the biggest challenges we have for sure, but we have taken some steps to reduce the risk.

1. There will be R18 mobile and web versions at launch on Nutaku or within 2-3 weeks of each other at the most.
2. We also plan to launch non-adult versions on other web portals and on IOS and Google Play
3. We're not currently exclusive on Nutaku (Although it's our main target platform for sure) so we may launch it on other adult sites and host also it ourselves.

All players across R18 and non-adult (on all platforms) will be able to compete in the same tournaments, hopefully reducing the waiting times significantly. Also keep in mind that the player base on Nutaku is over a million unique users a month now, it's a far cry from the days of Angelic Saga when it was a very lonely place.

Unregistered
11-22-2017, 09:21 PM
When you say 'real time turn-based PvP,' do you mean scheduled PvP windows a la Dragon Providence? Because that's what made me quit playing that game.

Draghorn
11-22-2017, 09:56 PM
I think I can answer this since again, I'm a former player of the game this is inspired from.

When they say turn-based it mean each player takes alternating turns moving pieces on their own board to attack the opponents board. Now that I remember in Primal Legends when it was your turn you could move about 3 of your pieces to attack the opponents board. After you ran out of moves for your turn it was your opponent's turn and they could move 3 pieces on their board to attack you.

But no, no scheduled PvP where you and all PvP participants have to gather at a specific time. The game just match makes with everyone else that is looking for a match at the same time you are looking. Again this is all based on my knowledge of the game they mentioned in the OP.

Kotono
11-23-2017, 12:00 AM
1 million users huh. Nice.

My main site is getting close to that in recent months. Maybe soon.
But that is mostly all JP people. Wonder how many JP nutaku get.. heh.

1Playa
11-23-2017, 12:56 AM
1 million users huh. Nice.

My main site is getting close to that in recent months. Maybe soon.
But that is mostly all JP people. Wonder how many JP nutaku get.. heh.

Not so many I believe, I think last I remember was around 25% US 6.3%, Germany, 4% Brazilian then France.... and so on. The Japanese that try to navigate to Nutaku are redirected to DMM.com and vice versa. Unless they use a proxy.

What's your main site btw?

Unregistered
11-23-2017, 01:02 PM
Thing is Dragon Providence's set times means it's more likely people will be on at the same time to have interesting fights.

With no set times, you need a much larger active player base to have a reliable chance of matching up with somebody any random time you attempt a PvP match. Which is why most "niche" online games I've played with "real" PvP usually have a set time during which it can occur, in order to concentrate everybody together.

I would hope/expect there is some sort of fallback AI opponent (Asynchronous PvP? fighting somebody elses characters but controlled by AI?) if it takes too long to find an actual player doing PvP, or it seems likely it'll be hard to get going. Constantly attempting to do PvP but not finding a match will drop players fast, and the more drop, the harder it will be for remaining players to find a match. (I also assume there's some sort of time-out for turns. Turn based PvP sorta requires that or people can indefinitely stall a match if things aren't going well by simply not taking their turn.)

Draghorn
11-24-2017, 06:14 AM
It sounds like one of the ways they are trying to mitigate the problem of finding another player to play with is by trying to make it so that all versions of the game can match make with each other. They say they are making a clean version also that can be distributed on the app stores as well, and it sounds like they are going to try to make all those versions match make with each other. So it sounds like they are going to try to get the game into multiple markets to keep the game from being too "niche" to match make properly. (By the way, I really don't like the scheduled PvP in DP. I'd rather schedule my games around my life instead of scheduling my life around a game.)

As for the turns, Primal Legends had time limits on each player's turns, so if you waited to long you would forfeit any moves you had left at the end of the turn time limit. I'm assuming CSL will do the same thing.

1Playa
11-24-2017, 10:10 AM
I would hope/expect there is some sort of fallback AI opponent (Asynchronous PvP? fighting somebody elses characters but controlled by AI?))

This is actually a really nice idea... We do have a pretty good AI at this stage in the PvE saga, we could add a Player Vs AI in PvP if the player doesn't find an opponent after x amount of time. Using Heroes from a player close to your own level and changing the name to something like "Jimmy - Bot"

It sounds like one of the ways they are trying to mitigate the problem of finding another player to play with is by trying to make it so that all versions of the game can match make with each other. They say they are making a clean version also that can be distributed on the app stores as well, and it sounds like they are going to try to make all those versions match make with each other. So it sounds like they are going to try to get the game into multiple markets to keep the game from being too "niche" to match make properly. (By the way, I really don't like the scheduled PvP in DP. I'd rather schedule my games around my life instead of scheduling my life around a game.)

As for the turns, Primal Legends had time limits on each player's turns, so if you waited to long you would forfeit any moves you had left at the end of the turn time limit. I'm assuming CSL will do the same thing.

All totally correct, nice summary! The main challenge we have is rolling it out on enough platforms for launch. Each one has it's own payment systems and API's so it takes a little time to integrate safely. Nutaku continues to grow (despite the DMM games closing), but is it big enough to support a healthy PvP game environment. Probably not, if I was to guess. Throne of Legends will be a good test for the site in terms of PvP, just not sure if fans of that genre are up for getting into another hearthstone type game.

Unregistered
11-24-2017, 03:42 PM
FWIW, King's Raid has the type of Asynchronous AI fallback I was talking about.

(that said, it's one of those real-time games that can pretty much play itself, though the user can turn off auto mode) If you're up against somebody that's actually online, there's a little "online" indicator on the initial matchup screen. If you're currently fighting AI when another player launches an arena fight, it'll pull you out of your current fight, (giving you a victory, though I strongly suspect you only get a fraction of the normal rank points for victory), to fight the new player.

Incidentally, It's probably kind of strange for a match 3 game, but any thought to having an auto mode for people that don't like match 3 games, but like the art/collecting/building up characters?

1Playa
11-28-2017, 03:25 AM
Incidentally, It's probably kind of strange for a match 3 game, but any thought to having an auto mode for people that don't like match 3 games, but like the art/collecting/building up characters?

Thanks for the suggestions, we'll look into the auto mode for sure and also check out this game you mention :)

Here's a little sample of the Hero attack animations we're currently working on. We haven't tweaked timing and layering but you can get a little idea of the direction. Let us to know your thoughts :)

https://youtu.be/1LaOFJxaL_Y

Kotono
11-28-2017, 06:01 PM
What's your main site btw?

I'm also the admin for Iwara.tv

Unregistered
12-05-2017, 01:04 AM
Hi 1Playa!

I've been lurking here for a while and the game looks really interesting! :D I'm 100% sure I'll give it a whirl when it comes out.
I'm kind of curious how H-content is handled though. Will there be stuff like ''evolving'' that'll feature the girls in more seductive settings in the likes of Osawari Island, Pero Pero Seduction, Harem Heroes etc. or will the focus be on unlocking H-scenes by leveling up your girls?

Maybe it's a bit of a stretch to expect it, especially with a SFW version being planned but the art of the girls looks really nice and being a sucker for stuff like evolving makes me anxious to know.

Either way, the game looks awesome and I hope for a smooth launch for you guys in a couple of months!

Unregistered
12-05-2017, 02:22 AM
Hi 1Playa!

I've been lurking here for a while and the game looks really interesting! :D I'm 100% sure I'll give it a whirl when it comes out.
I'm kind of curious how H-content is handled though. Will there be stuff like ''evolving'' that'll feature the girls in more seductive settings in the likes of Osawari Island, Pero Pero Seduction, Harem Heroes etc. or will the focus be on unlocking H-scenes by leveling up your girls?

Maybe it's a bit of a stretch to expect it, especially with a SFW version being planned but the art of the girls looks really nice and being a sucker for stuff like evolving makes me anxious to know.

Either way, the game looks awesome and I hope for a smooth launch for you guys in a couple of months!

Be very careful when you talk about "evolving". (or liking/wanting it) In a lot of games that means needing multiple copies of a unit to unlock it's evolution which is a horrible design. It scales very badly with the number of units. The more units the developers add to the game, the harder and harder it is to get enough duplicates to evolve them. You end up needing to have a bunch of "generic" evolver units that can evolve any unit, and then you may as well just get rid of the duplicate functionality. (or keep the number of units really really low, which also sucks)

Unregistered
12-05-2017, 02:37 AM
Be very careful when you talk about "evolving". (or liking/wanting it) In a lot of games that means needing multiple copies of a unit to unlock it's evolution which is a horrible design. It scales very badly with the number of units. The more units the developers add to the game, the harder and harder it is to get enough duplicates to evolve them. You end up needing to have a bunch of "generic" evolver units that can evolve any unit, and then you may as well just get rid of the duplicate functionality. (or keep the number of units really really low, which also sucks)

Good point and I agree that this way of evolving stuff is plain bad game design indeed. Maybe may examples were a bit off since the way I'm used to see evolving is more like the way Harem Heroes does it: creating an external resource (such as affection) used specifically for that.

I was mostly just curious about the view the team has on incorporating the H-content.

Thanks for raising the point though!

1Playa
12-07-2017, 08:00 AM

Hi, firstly thanks for the interest and enthusiasm... indies be lonely :o

How the hentai is unlocked is a little bit complex to explain, but I'll give it a whirl and add a little table.

https://i.imgur.com/ShYRrWp.png

There are 4 different rarity cards in the game (Common, Rare, Epic & Legendary).
The player has access to new Hero tiers as they level their profile (1, 5, 9, 13, 17, 21, 25, 29) - very much like Clash Royale but they use new Arenas instead of player levels
Depending on the rarity of the Hero is has more or less levels. Common cards can level up to 12, Rare 10, Epic 8 and Legendary 6 (Heroes get roughly 10% stronger with each level up!)
The Hentai unlock for each hero depends on the 'player level tier when the Hero was available' and the 'rarity of the card'
Example: From the table you see a common Hero that is available when the player is level 1 has hentai unlocked when it is level 5.
Heroes are levelled up the same way as Clash Royale, collect cards and use gold. It's possible to farm gold, gems and Heroes for free from (Winning battles (PvE & PvP), daily login & gifting cards to friends)

Alternatively if a player is super impatient they can just pay to unlock hentai immediately, but that's not really necessary. You get chests with every victory. Free chest every 6 hours and a Fight Chest awarded with every 5 victories in Arena mode.

I hope this makes sense for you guys :)

1Playa
01-14-2018, 09:51 AM
Hey Guys, We've been on the down low for a while, so wanted to give you a little sneak peak of where the game is at. The past 2 months we finished adding all major systems (PvP, Social, Economy, Sound, Story..etc) and are basically focusing on bug fixing and polish from here on out. Fonts are all placeholder but you can get a really good idea of the base game structure and the game's feel from this video.

Hope you'll like it

https://youtu.be/8SohbTBhtF4

Unregistered
01-14-2018, 12:01 PM
Looking impressive, want to play it!

Unregistered
01-14-2018, 02:41 PM
Soooo when will we play it? Looks pretty cool and i see you change gameplay from real time to turn based system.

1Playa
01-15-2018, 03:09 AM
Soooo when will we play it? Looks pretty cool and i see you change gameplay from real time to turn based system.

We're aiming for a soft launch in early March and hopefully global in April. The PvP is still synchronous, but you're right in that it is turn based. Each player get's 3 actions in their turn. Moving a hero tile or making a match counts as an action.

Unregistered
03-07-2018, 09:27 AM
so any news?

1Playa
03-09-2018, 07:56 AM
so any news?

Yeah we're still pluggin away fixing the final layer of features and bugs etc. We now have a version of the PvP and tournament reward system that we're very happy with. It's a pretty massive game (for an indie studio) and we kind of underestimated the time it would take to polish everything up to a high standard, which is pretty typical with most games I seem to work on... We're still on target to softlaunch in April and then global launch a few weeks after, once we see it's stable.

Recently we've completed all the hero power animations for the first 48 heroes (38 available for the launch). This was a pretty large task. This week we're working on static and dynamic board objects for the PvE campaign and currency shower animations in the menus. We've given all these PvE items little faces and personalities (Nintendo-ish) :) Planning to have 300 levels for the launch.

Kotono
03-09-2018, 10:46 PM
I'm starting to wonder how much it would cost to have your artist create a mascot for me. :think:

Ramazan
03-10-2018, 10:30 AM
Art looks interesting, as for scenes i dont have high hopes for that cuz small devs dont really make the best quality H. Anyway doesnt really hurt to try at least i guess, i'll be following this.

1Playa
03-13-2018, 11:50 AM
I'm starting to wonder how much it would cost to have your artist create a mascot for me. :think:

Hi, talk to me again after launch we can work something out :)

Unregistered
05-01-2018, 09:17 AM
Its May already. Any new infos? Im waiting since announcement zzZ

Unregistered
05-05-2018, 02:29 PM
Its probably dead.

Unregistered
05-05-2018, 10:31 PM
Seems likely. Nothing on the Patreon page since Mar 1. Nothing new to the facebook page since the same time they last posted here, Mar 13.

Almost 2 months of complete radio silence isn't a good sign.

Kotono
05-05-2018, 11:06 PM
Last I heard, they are expecting a beta release this month.

1Playa
05-08-2018, 06:06 AM
Apologies for the lack of information. We have been pushing very hard to get the game cleaned up and polished for launch. We are also trying to finalise the distribution contract with Nutaku (which are very time consuming). Have no fear, the game will not "die", it's independently funded and we are taking our time to make sure it's a great experience for you guys from launch day.

Here's are the latest updates:

- Have finalised the launch PvE campaign with 320 levels designed (Still balancing this as the difficulty curve is a bit too steep)
- We have 48 Cosmic Shock girls ready for launch, 38 at launch and 2 new ones to be released every PvP event (2 weeks intervals)
- Cleaning up the sex scenes now and adding in sexy sounds here and there, to make the interactions more immersive
- The Menus are totally finished and look very smooth and fast. Fully integrated with Nutaku.
- Ingame final pass is in progress on assets and due to be finished in the next 2 weeks (We want to clean up the hero power animations to make them as fluid and clear as possible)

The game is pretty complex for an indie team (4 guys), hence the delays. To give you an idea there are 48 unique hero powers with their own animations, 8 bosses, 24 board objects with powers...etc. All these elements interacting with each other has taken some time to iron out all of the kinks.

A couple more weeks and we are good to go, sorry for delays!

Let me know if you'd like to see updated gameplay footage, the visuals are a lot more polished now.

PS: The Patreon is a bit of a non-starter for us without the game being available so we shit canned it for now...

1Playa
05-14-2018, 10:46 AM
Here is the latest gameplay footage. Would like to hear any thoughts, enioy :)

Basic Gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKvNg5xp2Qc&feature=youtu.be

Hero Powers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN6OLxaHPxU&feature=youtu.be

Unregistered
05-14-2018, 02:43 PM
Is there going to be any nudity outside of the *romance* scenes? I mean gameplay nudity when activating scenes etc?

Unregistered
05-14-2018, 02:43 PM
...when activating *skills, i meant

Semaphore
05-14-2018, 04:51 PM
My problem with the videos is that I can't tell what I'm looking at. I get the match 3 part of it, but I don't follow what's going on with skills and damage. So I can't tell if there's deep strategy involved, an attempt at making deep strategy that ended up being degenerate, or just a nice-looking veneer over a contest of whoever pays the most money wins.

The video of going through the shop shows that it's there, but doesn't really give any information about it. I don't believe that making a text and buttons UI is difficult, so demonstrating that it exists really doesn't say very much. The video doesn't make clear the difference between spending things earned entirely in-game, buying useful things with a modest amount money, and buying things that only a whale would ever even consider.

You're not obligated to explain everything about your game the day you announce its existence. But the lack of explanation does mean that a lot of the video was meaningless. That's common of trailer videos, of course, which is why I have no idea why some people seem to think they're so important.

1Playa
05-17-2018, 09:24 AM
Is there going to be any nudity outside of the *romance* scenes? I mean gameplay nudity when activating scenes etc?

Yes we do have Nudity in the main story too. One of these elements involves the core female characters that guide you through the saga and challenge you to fights where you eventually blast them naked.

Also an idea we're considering is to add more scenes for all characters as you level them up. We don't currently have naked characters in the actual match-3 gameplay as we want those elements to exist on adult and non-adult versions. In the future we could do separate nude sets if we have the budget.

My problem with the videos is that I can't tell what I'm looking at. I get the match 3 part of it, but I don't follow what's going on with skills and damage.

It's challenging to explain in a short clip but yes the strategy is pretty deep and the variety of gameplay is diverse, as a result of the different combinations of heroes and strategies a player can deploy. Let me try to summarise the core elements briefly.

Player has hp based on their level. Roughly 50hp increase for each level up
The player looses HP when tiles or heroes on their board are destroyed. -5 hp for each tile and whatever the killed Hero hp is, is taken directly from the player when it dies.
The player can bring 4 heroes into any game and they get 3 moves in each turn. Player that goes 2nd has 4 moves for their 1st turn.
Moves are used by matching tiles or by moving hero tiles around the board.
The heroes are basically broken into these groups

Healers that add HP and attack to tiles (if a tile has 10hp then it will also do 10dmg to enemy targets when matched)
Direct damage to heroes
Damage to heroes and direct to player (by hitting the back of the board)
Fire (Which burns for a few turns doing more damage)
Ice (Freezes Heroes for x turns)
Buffs & Nerfs for atatck and healing
Armour
Movement - Push and damage targeted heroes around the board
Poison - ongoing damage to hero each turn change

The video doesn't make clear the difference between spending things earned entirely in-game, buying useful things with a modest amount money, and buying things that only a whale would ever even consider.

You can earn all the heroes in the game by playing. You get free chests from every victory in PvE and PvP. You also get a battle chest every 8 hours from winning 5 PvP games. Their are daily win rewards in PvP if you rank in the top 100 that day. With very little coins (which you get in all chests) you can also acquire all heroes from the daily contracts (3 per day).

So yes you easily compete in PvP without being a massive spender... although as an indie we would greatly appreciate players spending a few bucks here and there :)

Hope this answers a few questions

Unregistered
05-17-2018, 12:57 PM
We don't currently have naked characters in the actual match-3 gameplay as we want those elements to exist on adult and non-adult versions. In the future we could do separate nude sets if we have the budget.

Thanks for the reply. Well im most certainly looking forward to the nude sets (nudity in the match-3 gameplay if i understood it correctly). If it is just PG-3 gameplay + (inserted) hentai scenes, well, one can just play his/her favorite game and watch a bit of hentai between battles, getting the best of both ;)

I fully understand the desire to have 2 separate versions, would certainly end up better for your bottom line, just really hope you will have the budget for
those extra scenes - funny&sexy naked pictures when girlls use skills during gameplay would be great.

Its also great if girls get more revealing clothing/ get naked eventually when upgraded - great motivation to upgrade your girls, even those you dont really use in battle!

Unregistered
05-17-2018, 01:16 PM
PS:
Looking at gameplay footage...
Yes, it would be great if the girls are fully clothed initially and in in-game pictures when using skill they are clothed, Then when upgrading them (leveling the girls, or evolving, or whatever you have there) they get gradually more and more revealing clothing until fully naked (at max lvl/evolution/whatever).

The pictures in battle would be the same poses, just different clothing - shouldnt be too hard for an experienced artist as the base picture is the same.

The player however, would be like --WoW what a sexy pose, i wanna see her do that naked--... and they will stick with the game, upgrade their girls, and throw money at you :D

Keyen
05-18-2018, 04:48 PM
So, the release is scheduled next week? More like Monday, or more like Friday?

Unregistered
05-18-2018, 10:34 PM
The player however, would be like --WoW what a sexy pose, i wanna see her do that naked--... and they will stick with the game, upgrade their girls, and throw money at you :D

I'd have to disagree. The proper attire can be FAR more sexier than simple blam. Nudity. I'd argue the ability to unlock/purchase (and select) outfits.

1Playa
05-19-2018, 05:48 AM
I'd have to disagree. The proper attire can be FAR more sexier than simple blam. Nudity. I'd argue the ability to unlock/purchase (and select) outfits.

This is a definite post launch discussion or this is literally becoming anime titty Duke Nukem Forever! :sweat: That being said I really like the idea of unlocking sexier skins from levelling, but like Street Fighter we could give the player the option of using whatever skin they want ingame on hero deploy.

The launch date is close but we need to finalise a few items on the Nutaku contract. Once that's done they will give us a date. Apparently June has a tonne of game launches so it might be July now.

Unregistered
05-19-2018, 08:10 AM
July? God please no. You game looks superior to other Nutaku games. I have nothing to play on Nutaku because everything is boring waiting simulators.

1Playa
05-19-2018, 11:00 AM
July? God please no. You game looks superior to other Nutaku games. I have nothing to play on Nutaku because everything is boring waiting simulators.

Comments like that make me want to launch it now, we will endeavour to get launched asap! Thank you, nice person :))

Keyen
05-20-2018, 08:56 PM
Does a prelaunch is scheduled? You know, the nutaku classic @ Canada/netherlands and so one?

1Playa
05-21-2018, 04:46 AM
Does a prelaunch is scheduled? You know, the nutaku classic @ Canada/netherlands and so one?

Nutaku typically launch in the same countries for every soft launch. We might add a few more in order to get a decent number of players for PvP

Australia
Canada
Ireland
Netherlands
Poland
Romania
Luxembourg

unknown67
06-28-2018, 06:09 AM
July is nearly here, any updates on soft/full launch dates? I, for one, am very much looking forward to Cosmic Shock League's launch, especially since I just recently dropped Armor Blitz. Sadly though, as an American I'll have to wait until full launch, but it's looking like the wait will be worth it. (Still, PLEASE don't be like Crystal Maidens and spend months in soft launch! :sad:)

1Playa
06-28-2018, 10:13 AM
July is nearly here, any updates on soft/full launch dates? I, for one, am very much looking forward to Cosmic Shock League's launch, especially since I just recently dropped Armor Blitz. Sadly though, as an American I'll have to wait until full launch, but it's looking like the wait will be worth it. (Still, PLEASE don't be like Crystal Maidens and spend months in soft launch! :sad:)

Hey, we made some positive progress with our Nutaku contract discussions. Meaning we should be able to finalise a Soft launch date with them in the next week or so. We anticipate a SL duration of 2 weeks, while we run through a test PvP event... making sure all the social and event systems are solid.

On the plus side of the delay, we've had a lot of time to bug fix and add a tonne of visual polish to the game. It's starting too look and feel like something very cool and we're as excited to get it out door to get your reactions.

All the core is complete

38 heroes at launch (Plus R18 scenes)
10 more characters ready for post launch
320 PvE levels
Saga Story
PvP event and global tournament systems
Social - Gifting\Friending

Ramazan
06-28-2018, 11:57 AM
Hope your game has no paywalls like the rest of nutaku games, im sick of it.

unknown67
06-28-2018, 09:56 PM
Cool, thanks for the update! Good luck getting everything ready.

Semaphore
06-28-2018, 10:55 PM
Hey, we made some positive progress with our Nutaku contract discussions. Meaning we should be able to finalise a Soft launch date with them in the next week or so. We anticipate a SL duration of 2 weeks, while we run through a test PvP event... making sure all the social and event systems are solid.

On the plus side of the delay, we've had a lot of time to bug fix and add a tonne of visual polish to the game. It's starting too look and feel like something very cool and we're as excited to get it out door to get your reactions.

All the core is complete

38 heroes at launch (Plus R18 scenes)
10 more characters ready for post launch
320 PvE levels
Saga Story
PvP event and global tournament systems
Social - Gifting\Friending

Does that mean "expect to start soft launch in about a week" or "expect to pick a date in a week for soft launch to start months from now"?

1Playa
07-01-2018, 09:33 AM
Does that mean "expect to start soft launch in about a week" or "expect to pick a date in a week for soft launch to start months from now"?

It means that we should have a date in 1-2 weeks and the the soft launch duration will run for 2 weeks and then global launch. No we don't have paywalls... you can access all content as a free player :)

Keyen
07-12-2018, 02:18 PM
Any news about the release/soft launch?

1Playa
07-13-2018, 07:03 AM
Any news about the release/soft launch?

We got a little delayed with the contract discussion, but we have a very important meeting coming on Monday, to iron out final points. Once that's done we should be very close to locking down the date.
I captured some new footage today that has sound and pretty much all the graphical tweaks we want to do before launch. Check it out in 720p

https://youtu.be/f-Vtn15cBsw

Edit: If you want to see a version where youtube isn't adding sneaky compression, download this file from DB

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sfumj4n3idqlruq/CSL%20Footage%20-%20July%202018.mov?dl=0

Keyen
07-13-2018, 08:37 AM
I see, thank you. Quick question, there is no timer on chest 2 and 3, it's because you have to wait until the first one is done, or because something else?

Aidoru
07-13-2018, 08:58 AM
See you guys are using Cirno from Touhou as artwork, simply with a kitsune mask covering her face. Well this worries me.

1Playa
07-13-2018, 09:00 AM
I see, thank you. Quick question, there is no timer on chest 2 and 3, it's because you have to wait until the first one is done, or because something else?

Yes you're correct, it's a similar system to Clash Royale, 1 chest at a time can be unlocked. However you got 6 slots :)

1Playa
07-13-2018, 09:05 AM
See you guys are using Cirno from Touhou as artwork, simply with a kitsune mask covering her face. Well this worries me.

As explained before the game is full of homages to different media from the 20th century. That's the core of the story in essence. Famous Bond girls, movie, music, game stars..etc. The CSL is composed of teams of future women cosplaying their heroines from the past for the benefit of the society on their super carrier.

Unregistered
07-14-2018, 05:52 AM
This game looks really slick, can’t wait for the launch!

Keyen
07-21-2018, 01:41 PM
Mandatory "Are we there yet?" bump post :D

1Playa
07-23-2018, 08:55 AM
Mandatory "Are we there yet?" bump post :D

Haha you're on the pulse! So we have only one point of discussion remaining, in the contract after Friday's discussion. This should be clarified this week and we will be able to finalise a date. Sorry for the delay... these processes require a lot of back and forth.

unknown67
08-04-2018, 12:19 PM
Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but what's Cosmic Shock League going to be released for? Browser, Android, both, other? I keep pre-registering for new games being released only to find out at the last minute that they're Android only or you have to install a client, which are options I prefer to avoid.

Unregistered
08-05-2018, 11:12 AM
Gimme date. Im waiting since January...

1Playa
08-06-2018, 09:54 AM
Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but what's Cosmic Shock League going to be released for? Browser, Android, both, other? I keep pre-registering for new games being released only to find out at the last minute that they're Android only or you have to install a client, which are options I prefer to avoid.

The first platform we will be launching on is Web browser. We are coding in Unity so we can launch PC, Mac, Android and iOS without too much extra effort. After the Web we'll switch focus on an Android and maybe a non-adult version for Steam.

Nutaku contract will finalise this week and we will be able to provide a soft launch date hopefully sometime next week.

Hentaika
08-06-2018, 10:31 AM
Quite sure steam will accept adult games soon.

They are supposed to add some tools to filter unwanted content and then it's good to go.

Unregistered
08-20-2018, 11:34 AM
How long that delays last? Months? I have feeling this game is going to be cancelled.

Unregistered
08-20-2018, 10:03 PM
Let me guess. Nutaku delays again....

Unregistered
08-20-2018, 10:25 PM
To be fair, quite a few titles have dropped lately, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to avoid coming out at the same time and ending up overlooked.

1Playa
08-21-2018, 12:07 AM
To be fair, quite a few titles have dropped lately, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to avoid coming out at the same time and ending up overlooked.

https://i.imgflip.com/2g9an9.jpg (https://imgflip.com/i/2g9an9)via Imgflip Meme Generator (https://imgflip.com/memegenerator)

unknown67
08-21-2018, 05:58 AM
Woo! Celebration! This can't be released soon enough. I've been looking for a second Nutaku game since I dropped Armor Blitz, but everything that's been released recently has looked like complete garbage.

Semaphore
08-21-2018, 06:11 PM
Well then, if you have a launch date, what is it?

1Playa
08-22-2018, 12:25 AM
Well then, if you have a launch date, what is it?

So the contracts are signed and we are now providing site assets (screenshots, trailers, sexy stuff...etc) to the Nutaku portal team today. They will provide us with a date once they've had time to build the site for the live environment. We'll basically soft-launch as soon as they are ready on their side.

Unregistered
09-04-2018, 04:35 PM
date? Date? DATE?! NANI?!?!

1Playa
09-05-2018, 09:21 AM
date? Date? DATE?! NANI?!?!

We should be soft-launching next week!

1Playa
09-11-2018, 05:16 AM
If all goes to plan we will soft launch tomorrow :)

Unregistered
09-11-2018, 05:31 AM
Finally. Holy god.

1Playa
09-11-2018, 11:19 AM
Should be live here in the next hour

-Canada
-Australia
-Poland
-Netherlands
-Romania
-Ireland
-Luxembourg

https://www.nutaku.net/games/cosmic-shock-league/play/

Eliont
09-11-2018, 11:59 AM
Finally O_o

Dannilz
09-11-2018, 02:34 PM
Well, too bad I don't live in any of those Countries...
Will just have to wait a bit longer.

Do you have a vague idea how long it will be in soft-launch, restricted to those countries?

Aidoru
09-11-2018, 03:30 PM
Is this really the chest system you guys decided on? Unless I'm missing something, you can only start the timer on 1 chest out of all your chests and even then, you have to manually start the timer on the next chest...? Why was this even a decided feature?

VeryVoodoo
09-11-2018, 06:57 PM
Yea, an option to discard older chests would've been nice too. Otherwise, you can progress but without getting any chests... which seems pointless...

Eliont
09-11-2018, 08:42 PM
Is this really the chest system you guys decided on? Unless I'm missing something, you can only start the timer on 1 chest out of all your chests and even then, you have to manually start the timer on the next chest...?

This sux hard. If it remains as is game will become dead in no time.

Aidoru
09-11-2018, 09:17 PM
This sux hard. If it remains as is game will become dead in no time.

Also seems you can't get any chests from the stages you've already completed too. Meaning those who aren't interested in PvP (because of getting destroyed by whales of the same rank) will quickly drop the game as it seems to be the main source of progression.

mune1one
09-12-2018, 03:05 AM
Also seems you can't get any chests from the stages you've already completed too. Meaning those who aren't interested in PvP (because of getting destroyed by whales of the same rank) will quickly drop the game as it seems to be the main source of progression.

Hello and thanks for the post.

I'm the QA on this project and i wanted to explain the progression system a bit and to address some of the issues that you called.

So, about the chests,
There are different chest types: timed chests(earned for winning games, PvE or PvP) , paid chests (in shop) and season reward chests.
You can get a chest (only one) for each completed stage. If your chest slots are full, you will not receive it (as the pop-ul says), but you can replay that stage at a later time, when you have free chest slots and you will get it. We can't reward you each time a stage is replayed, cause that way everybody will just progress on stage 1.

You have Player level (that influences the available hero pool. Some champions get available after reaching a certain player level, or by buying them in special events) and hero level (that affects the HP and power of your heroes). You have leaderboard that reward the best players based on daily wins and a season(2 weeks per season) reward that gives lots of cards based on the league you achieved (earning points in pvp, during the season).

The game is very big, with lots of challenges, events and, of course, PVP.
You can play for years and still not have everything unlocked, that much content!
There are 320 stages in game at this time and more will come up as time passes. Some of these will require very good strategic play and a dose of luck to complete. We want you to have a sense of fulfillment when you beat a level that you struggled with.
Any time you feel stuck on a stage, you can go play PvP (and you will get matched against a player of a similar skill level) and earn random chests and Xp by winning there. You will get double the rewards(xp and points) when you play Random .

The PvP has been balanced a lot thus a good but lower level player, that chooses a nice strategy and has a little luck, has good chances of winning against a higher level player (with less luck or planning).

If you want me to cover any other topics and, of course, if you have any issue to report, feel free to ask me anything.

Unregistered
09-12-2018, 03:13 AM
Yes i want. Please activate chests automatically when previous one is ready to open. Timers are so big and i dont wanna returning every 30 minutes to open one. It sucks when i go to bed and morning i can open only 1. Game smells p2w already so please reconsider that. Oh and you discord invnite doesnt work.

makinaz
09-12-2018, 03:42 AM
Chests really are a pain in the ass. Really drained my interest to play.
Please make the next one queue automatically.

mune1one
09-12-2018, 03:59 AM
Yes i want. Please activate chests automatically when previous one is ready to open. Timers are so big and i dont wanna returning every 30 minutes to open one. It sucks when i go to bed and morning i can open only 1. Game smells p2w already so please reconsider that. Oh and you discord invnite doesnt work.

The discord link expired, the new one is already updated on the site

About the P2W part, I can assure you that it's not the case. There are no items that can only obtain by paying real money (only the last 2 chest slots require NTK, but that does not affect anything but the store space. We have to give some sort of premium for a paying user, right?), but, of course, if you pay for stuff...you will have more stuff faster. Still.. there is only so much you can get by paying: Let's say you get a few chests. You will get random loot (described in the purchase screen) for your player level. If you buy the chest at level 1, your progression may be a few hours faster then the one of a free user, but if your strategy is not on point, you will not get the stages on your first tries. A user that did not pay a thing but with good strategy, luck and team composition will advance faster through the game then a paid user that does not think his moves correctly.

About the chest unlock system:
There are lots of possibilities regarding a healthy unlocking system, all of them have pros and cons.
After you progress a little, you will find out that it's better for the player to actively choose what chest to open and when, depending on the time you have available for play.
Some of the implementations that create a better player experience also create vulnerabilities for the project so we have to be careful when addressing important (economy) issues, but we will think about methods for streaming up the process.

Chests have different opening times. On your 1st few levels you will get 15minutes, 30minutes chests ... but later you will get 1h, 4h ,8h and 12h chests (with different loot and, of course, chances of getting them). Also , keep in mind that the progress is getting slower as you advance and later you will find playing PvP more rewarding(talking about the number of received chests) then playing the sagamap.

Kotono
09-12-2018, 06:06 AM
Speaking of pvp, does it only search for players that are online and also searching for battle? Especially in soft launch, this makes it hard to find a match to even be able to play the game. Even more so if you only get to play in the game's off hours.

And for the chest unlock system, what about a queue? As in, you can choose the order they open in and will start on the next once one is finished.

Chick wars has similar system, but it feels better since the chests all count down at the same time.

Unregistered
09-12-2018, 06:36 AM
The chest unlock system is the same as Clash Royale, with more slots. The Cuntwars system is faster and the games are much shorter. This game is great, nice job devs!

Unregistered
09-12-2018, 06:36 AM
I feel like there is no real reason to play. When you lose pvp you get nothing and it feels ur wasting time. When winning u get chest which stacks very fast and you need to wait several hours to play again because u get nothing besides chests(i know ranks etc but i resets every 2 weeks?) U need to give something to grinders or population after global release will drop really fast. Give random card or some gold for PLAYING pvp not only winning.

mune1one
09-12-2018, 07:08 AM
When you lose in PvP...well, a loss is a loss :). You only gain +1 for the reward validate (one more match played)

The seasons only last 2 weeks, cause we have to deliver a reward for the players from time to time, we cant just let the season last very long cause that will make it feel unsatisfactory for the players.
There is also a more global ranking, based on the Player Points that are rewarded for the global rank that the player reaches each PvP season and they add up. (A good veteran will earn points each season.. adding up to big rewards and nice badges (bragging rights)

About the low player base... we expected this for the first days. The Soft launch is happening in only a few countries and the players are still low level, playing sagamap while it`s easy. As they progress.. they will start enjoying more playing PvP (When they will have more then 800hp .. some decently upgraded heroes etc)

Unregistered
09-12-2018, 07:33 AM
I think u miss the point... a lot of them or u skip certain parts on purpose. Good luck with that arrogant attitude. I will pass this game i guess. Cheers

mune1one
09-12-2018, 07:49 AM
I think u miss the point... a lot of them or u skip certain parts on purpose. Good luck with that arrogant attitude. I will pass this game i guess. Cheers

There may have been a language barrier, but i assure you that we aren't arrogant

The game is in soft launch so we can still tweak it after the feedback (and yours has a point, thus we are considering to add some gold rewards for the PvP matches. For the moment we settled on 100 gold for a loss and 250 for wins, and we are thinking of a way to make the experience with the chests a little bit better)

Any feedback is good at this time, but for some changes we may have to address large parts of code so we can add multiple issues, bugs that we can't afford to affect our database.

Eliont
09-12-2018, 12:35 PM
The first ever thing you should do - get rid of chests.
One of earlier announce stated that there are will be no restricting / punishing factors that forces player to close the game while he still have time and will (and money) to play.

Filled chest slots is definitely most crude of them.
Even if purchase additional chest slot (what i actually do in Cunt Wars), this is just one more battle.

I will not make the same mistake here. Not again, amigo.

Unregistered
09-12-2018, 12:51 PM
The first ever thing you should do - get rid of chests.
One of earlier announce stated that there are will be no restricting / punishing factors that forces player to close the game while he still have time and will (and money) to play.

Filled chest slots is definitely most crude of them.
Even if purchase additional chest slot (what i actually do in Cunt Wars), this is just one more battle.

I will not make the same error here. Not again, amigo.

Your the guy the steals Hentai images from developers and your giving advice on how to run a functional product... the irony is strong with this one. Pay to open a chest or play the level again when you have a free slot, no biggy

Aidoru
09-12-2018, 05:49 PM
So, about the chests,
There are different chest types: timed chests(earned for winning games, PvE or PvP) , paid chests (in shop) and season reward chests.
You can get a chest (only one) for each completed stage. If your chest slots are full, you will not receive it (as the pop-ul says), but you can replay that stage at a later time, when you have free chest slots and you will get it. We can't reward you each time a stage is replayed, cause that way everybody will just progress on stage 1.

I don't see why this is a problem, being able to farm stage 1 would only give Lv1 chests which would barely give anything worthwhile but enough for people who are stuck progressing to feel some kind of progression. If anything, you can just limit it to 1 chest or just a single card reward+coins per day/24hours from replayed stages and create some stamina system or something for the story, that way those stages don't become completely obsolete after you run them and give players something to do in-between waiting for their chests timers.

There are lots of possibilities regarding a healthy unlocking system, all of them have pros and cons.
After you progress a little, you will find out that it's better for the player to actively choose what chest to open and when, depending on the time you have available for play.
Some of the implementations that create a better player experience also create vulnerabilities for the project so we have to be careful when addressing important (economy) issues, but we will think about methods for streaming up the process.

Chests have different opening times. On your 1st few levels you will get 15minutes, 30minutes chests ... but later you will get 1h, 4h ,8h and 12h chests (with different loot and, of course, chances of getting them). Also , keep in mind that the progress is getting slower as you advance and later you will find playing PvP more rewarding(talking about the number of received chests) then playing the sagamap.

That sounds pretty awful and even worse when you look at the obtainable chest from winning 5 PvP matches, in which you either have to wait multiple hours to get by getting 5 separate chests one at a time or literally throw away 4~5 chests away while trying to get it immediately. Imagine if you got 5 12 hour chests from PvP, you'd have to wait nearly 3 days just to get the PvP chest without tossing away any potential high tier chests.

Yea, I really don't see why you can't just have all of their timer start the second you get them. It's not like having it is going to stop cash players from spending any less when they can just outright buy the highest tier chests, it would only encourage players to play more and for longer periods, instead of just logging in to do a single match to get another chest and logging off. The locking system only acts as a wall for players who can't play the game 24/7 and is clearly deterring players from the game as you can see by the fact that multiple people have brought it up the matter.

Your the guy the steals Hentai images from developers and your giving advice on how to run a functional product... the irony is strong with this one. Pay to open a chest or play the level again when you have a free slot, no biggy

Lol. I'd suggest you take a good look at what you wrote and what you're playing. There's even more irony with your post.

makinaz
09-12-2018, 06:53 PM
Lol. I'd suggest you take a good look at what you wrote and what you're playing. There's even more irony with your post.

It's almost like he doesn't realize every character is just a blatant clone of ripoff of someone else.
Props they put a Flower Knight Girl character in the game though.

China
09-13-2018, 03:31 AM
Any tips for level 9? I’m a noob but I really like the concept! Animations are really smooth fir a web game too

Keyen
09-13-2018, 07:17 AM

I do believe you should have a middle ground as well. Choosing which chest you are opening is indeed nice (compared to a fixed line), but you are easily wasting a lot of time.

I suggest to allow people to make a conditionnal queue they choose themselves. For instance, this queue is composed by minimum 2 chests (no matter their duration), or up to a cumulated time of 2 hours, for instance (so they can queue up to 4 "30-min chests". It would allow people to reduce considerably the time where they are opening nothing (either during play before the chest is opened but not claimed or when they are not playing) while keeping the choice of which chest is opened first.

There are way too much downtime for way too high chest duration currently.

It's too bad, that and the pvp match without much rewards are the only problems for the game currently.

Hentaika
09-13-2018, 08:10 AM
Game is pretty terrible in all aspects...

It essentially took all the bad parts of all puzzle games on nutaku and piled it into 1 game. And removed all good parts essentially.

Strategy? No, there is esentially 0 strategy, half abilities are pure RNJesus and mechanics have the lowest skill to RNG ratio out of all match 3 games there is.

Pay to win in your face? Yes, I had at least 5 or 6 different 'offers' thrown into my face before I could even complete that amount of stages...

Was hoping too much since the topic was so big before release... but it's more terrible than even phantasma and naughty kingdoms.

mune1one
09-13-2018, 09:13 AM
I do believe you should have a middle ground as well. Choosing which chest you are opening is indeed nice (compared to a fixed line), but you are easily wasting a lot of time.

I suggest to allow people to make a conditionnal queue they choose themselves. For instance, this queue is composed by minimum 2 chests (no matter their duration), or up to a cumulated time of 2 hours, for instance (so they can queue up to 4 "30-min chests". It would allow people to reduce considerably the time where they are opening nothing (either during play before the chest is opened but not claimed or when they are not playing) while keeping the choice of which chest is opened first.

There are way too much downtime for way too high chest duration currently.

It's too bad, that and the pvp match without much rewards are the only problems for the game currently.

We are still thinking of a method to make the chest opening experience better. We will have to see what solution works best for us.

Game is pretty terrible in all aspects...

It essentially took all the bad parts of all puzzle games on nutaku and piled it into 1 game. And removed all good parts essentially.

Strategy? No, there is esentially 0 strategy, half abilities are pure RNJesus and mechanics have the lowest skill to RNG ratio out of all match 3 games there is.

Pay to win in your face? Yes, I had at least 5 or 6 different 'offers' thrown into my face before I could even complete that amount of stages...

Was hoping too much since the topic was so big before release... but it's more terrible than even phantasma and naughty kingdoms.

Im sorry but p2w is something else. You are describing only the fact that you can buy multiple stuff in the game... why would that be a bad thing?
P2W means you can't progress as fast as a paid user or you are getting blocked by not buying anything... and that certainly is not the case. The fact that i tested the game with and without any added currency... during the last year...

You may have a point when talking about the RNG. Probably a big part of the RNG heroes that will be available (around 70 in total coded so far) are in the initial launch, unlocked in the lower levels . People currently have around 10-15 different champions. If you would have played a little more, i guarantee you that there is a lot of strategy involved. Think about this .. teams of 4 , each of them has a different ability .. and all of them can interact (armor buff, armor nerf, increased power etc) with each other + the pure game knowledge (how the tiles match, how they cascade, how does freeze/burn/poison work and a lot more.)

Maybe you will try it again, now that you have a little more knowledge about it :D

Keyen
09-13-2018, 09:17 AM
The main problem at low levels (and makes the game very frustrating in pvp) is the amount of damage taken when a girl die. I mean, the gamedesign around that is interesting, however the number are not. Multiple time, I had 500 hp (over 750), 2 heroines on the field, the opponent at 50 hp after I killed his first hero (so I dominated pretty well), and then, the opponent spam his 3 characters (usually becky, Cherry and Aster or Fanny), RNG-kill both (-350 HP) because becky is way overtuned on character damage, Cherry is way overtunned about nearly everything (65 player damage at the very least AND lot of girl damage), and kill me instantly by sheer stroke of luck and spam.

It's very sad, because the gamedesign around the game is very interesting (how to use healing, the risk/reward to have a girl on the field, the timing, etc). But currently, the amount of tactics involved is very low because OS are too common. On the other hand, you can't kill them with the block attack, they are too narrow and have way too much life. Maybe reduce their hp and skill damage by 30% or something like that.

mune1one
09-13-2018, 09:33 AM
The problem is that we are all low level right now . 200 HP is a lot when you only have 7-900 , but when you get to at least 1200 (at lvl 30 you will have 1600+ hp) , the experience will change a lot. There are even strats when you want to get a hero killed (but i'll stop talking about that, spoilers... :D)

Keyen
09-13-2018, 10:40 AM
I understand that. What i'm trying to tell you is that a lot of players won't try further than the low level because of that. When you are instant killed with 70% max life, you usually say "bullshit"...

Hentaika
09-13-2018, 12:46 PM
No sense on making some valid statements on game that didn't even bother balancing in the slightest...

No matter how you try to sugarcoat it - it's a worse phantasma, in which you can at least do insane stuff with good matching skills... placing girls is an interesting idea... if devs had another year or 2 to balance it out better, that is... But they just decided to grab some $$$s and release it raw hopefully grabbing some $$$s within first few minutes of the game before player can actually realise all flaws of the game...

Honestly, all those games that give you a '1hour flash deals' 5 seconds into the game should be instant close for people. Devs should let people experience the game before making them deal with p2w shit before they can decide what's good or not.

The chest mechanic just confirms that the game doesn't even want you to play it, it just wants your $$$.

Unregistered
09-13-2018, 01:21 PM
I have no willing to play at this moment. Im getting destroyed by players with much higher lvls on pvp. Also stuck in pve content. Cannot progress at all.

Unregistered
09-13-2018, 01:37 PM
So many p.ussies on this forum, game is awesome. Keep it up devs :))))))

1Playa
09-13-2018, 01:45 PM
I have no willing to play at this moment. Im getting destroyed by players with much higher lvls on pvp. Also stuck in pve content. Cannot progress at all.

Hi, please let me know which PvE level you're having difficulty with and I can help you with strategies if you like. All 320 levels are possible with an account that spends nothing, it just takes a little time to get used to using different hero combinations.

mune1one
09-14-2018, 12:41 AM
Hi Keyen <br />
For now, the PvP experience is not the full one. Let me explain: <br />
We are expecting the average ELO to be around 1000. For the moment, most of the players have 500. Out of these, some...

Eliont
09-14-2018, 05:41 AM
In current state game just bad in every aspect except graphic. Graphic are fine, kudos to artists.

Onetonne
09-14-2018, 06:54 AM
In current state game just bad in every aspect except graphic. Graphic are fine, kudos to artists.

You’re a complete idiot, but funny 😂 The game is great and very well balanced. Your too noob to see though

Eliont
09-14-2018, 07:15 AM
Just another unregistered funboy.
Or developer incognito.

And, btw, "noob" (newbie) statement here are absolutely out of place.

OneToe
09-14-2018, 07:59 AM
Just another unregistered funboy.
Or developer incognito.

And, btw, "noob" (newbie) statement here are absolutely out of place.

I wish I could code... but alas I can’t. No I’m not a developer but I just think your hate is funny and shows you’re a bit of an idiot. You need to focus on happy things in your life 👍

unknown67
09-14-2018, 09:23 PM
About the 200HP difference... that will be nothing, you will see in the future months , while you reach at least around 1000HP.

Disclaimer: I have not played this game, as I do not reside in one of the chosen countries.

However, when I do try the game for the first time I will be choosing whether or not I continue to play in the first few hours of playtime, not the first few months. If I feel like I've been screwed over by the mechanics in those first few hours or even just the first week, I will drop the game and just look up the artwork elsewhere. I realize that I'm cherry-picking a single sentence out of a lengthy reply, but just keep in mind that new players aren't looking at how much better off they'll be after sinking months into a game. If the mechanics start out frustrating, we'll leave and go somewhere else.

1Playa
09-15-2018, 01:15 AM
Disclaimer: I have not played this game, as I do not reside in one of the chosen countries.

However, when I do try the game for the first time I will be choosing whether or not I continue to play in the first few hours of playtime, not the first few months. If I feel like I've been screwed over by the mechanics in those first few hours or even just the first week, I will drop the game and just look up the artwork elsewhere. I realize that I'm cherry-picking a single sentence out of a lengthy reply, but just keep in mind that new players aren't looking at how much better off they'll be after sinking months into a game. If the mechanics start out frustrating, we'll leave and go somewhere else.

Fair point m8, thanks for the advice. We try to ease new players in by matching them against players of a similar level. One of the contributing factors right now, is that the player pool is extremely small and there are more uneven matches being made. During the first 10 player levels this difference is more noticeable as even a 100hp difference can give a sizeable advantage. The pre-reg starts next week and that should alleviate the problem somewhat.

On a side note, we've added some of the changes that were suggested on the thread. Please keep the feedback coming, it's very much appreciated.

Added a reward (100xp) when losing PvP
Added tool tips for the different game modes in PvP
Added "Wait for opponents" between turn changes
Fixed Nutaku purchase text
New particles on purchases for better feedback for players
Fixed coin count after level up
Fixed a bug regarding casual gameplay
Fixed timer from the contracts menu (cards were not changing on day change)

Keyen
09-16-2018, 11:54 AM
Alright, some advices if you start the game:
-Dont use your Nutaku Gold or your gems on the shop directly. Ever. You will be submerged by deals (something which triggered Hentaika :D) which are at least -40%. So it's much better to hoard them until you get a deal which interest you.
-Add as friend any person who play against you. Also, check the discord for codes. Fill your friend list, and gift cards as much as possible. It's a steady gold revenue and it's worth it. Also, ask your friend for cards as much as possible. Rares are especially nice because they grants the most gold.
-Buy the cards which are at the shop, up to 5 or 6 times for the commons, twice for rares, once for epic. They are really gold efficient (You pay 500 for a rare and when you gift it, you get 750 gold, gaining 250 gold in the process and making someone happy).
-Prepare yourself to lose a lot in pvp. It's not because the game is shit, it's not because you are too bad at this game, it's just because the game is rough at low level. Sometimes, the game will give your opponent a bullshit combo and you will lose 600 hp in one turn. Just conceded and go for another game. The point is not winning everything, but winning enough.
-If you are trying to climb the ladder, go random. If you don't, you need a winrate > 50%, if you do, you need a winrate > 20% (well, more like 26,67% if half of people out there are playing random and the other half don't). Even if it's harder, you will steadily increase your ELO.
-The random also makes you use every card available, so you can see everyone and not your 4 favorites. You will be more adaptable and see the interesting points of every card.
-Upgrade every card asap. You will swim in gold soon enough.
-Progress into the pve campaign if you are hitting a block in pvp (no one, or someone which is farming you). You will still get exp and chests that way.

1Playa
09-20-2018, 08:07 AM
https://www.nutaku.net/games/cosmic-shock-league/

http://i.imgur.com/oTPO934.png (https://imgur.com/oTPO934)

Unregistered
09-20-2018, 08:58 AM
Any release date?

1Playa
09-20-2018, 12:34 PM
Any release date?

Yes, 9th of October

katsalia
09-20-2018, 11:04 PM
Is the game really load intensive? I've tried a few times and the game never loads past like 90% or so. It also freezes up Chrome like crazy.

Kotono
09-21-2018, 12:25 AM
Try a different browser, such as Firefox or Opera. They should run it much better than Chrome.

katsalia
09-21-2018, 07:28 AM
Try a different browser, such as Firefox or Opera. They should run it much better than Chrome.

Tried on Firefox and it loaded up this time, thank you for the suggestion!

katsalia
09-21-2018, 06:28 PM
I really do hope the PvP matching evens out when the playerbase count goes up... It's pretty demotivating that my only matches so far have been against people in the top 10 on the leaderboard when I'm level 5.

Unregistered
09-21-2018, 11:03 PM
how can you guys play this game when it isn't out yet?

1Playa
09-22-2018, 09:38 AM
I really do hope the PvP matching evens out when the playerbase count goes up... It's pretty demotivating that my only matches so far have been against people in the top 10 on the leaderboard when I'm level 5.

We will activate a much stricter match making system as soon as we globally launch, right now it's a free for all... sry. We only have around 500 players per day so we needed to loosen the match making for this phase.

how can you guys play this game when it isn't out yet?

The game is launched in the typical soft launch territories (Canada, Australia, Ireland, Holland, Poland & Romania). Some players are also using VPN to access.

1Playa
09-25-2018, 07:24 AM
Here are the release notes for version 0.0.316 which we are pushing live now. Thanks for all the great suggestions

Note: The main focus here was to try to resolve a lot of cheater issues and avoid punishing players that connect to users that have very slow connections. We've also added a lot of your suggestions to improve general usability and clarity......of course Emoted and Pigs too :smiley:

1. Restart Button in PvE, you no longer to go back out to Battle Menu to get the start you need.
2. All Emotes set are no longer static and have new animations (Does the Dab now look like shagging gesture...?)
3. Infinite waiting for opponent bug should now trigger 'Timed Out' state
4. New Searching for PvP opponent rules. Should drastically reduce uneven matches (leave newbs alone!)
5. Improved the issue where player get's Drop event on PvP load
6. Fixed Eve board tile which had graphical corruption
7. Buff info text on tile is bigger, easier to read how many turns a tile is frozen for
8. PVP league screen has lots of graphical improvements (new arrows and info buttons)
9. Gifting screen now shows the number of card you have much clearer
10. You can now 'Send All' in Gift screen, sends all the possible cards you can send in a given request(edited)
11.Friend accept button animation to differentiate better from existing friends
12. PvE stage number now appears in pause menu
13. Pixie cannon animation fixed when fired from above
14. Reaper bats now on the correct layer searching for opponent cancel button no rollover
15. Wait for opponent asset layers improved
16. Chest Activate button improved
17. Felicity improved power animation
18. Aster Felicity improved power animation
19. Fix font colours for Coin and Gem rollovers on Battle Menu
20. Animated gem and coin on main HUD in battle Menu
21. Replace static pigs with new and improved animated pigs
22. Added animated team selector in Card and PvE info PopUp
23. Fixed Sierra not getting attack boosted
24. Added gradient for friends tab background
25. Added 'Per Day' under coin value in XP booster
26. Added 'Last Login' and 'Online' to friends tab

sigh
09-26-2018, 05:28 PM
welcome to cosmic league. heres a 15 min chest before you're able to do anything else, just so you can feel the love...

1Playa
09-27-2018, 01:08 AM
welcome to cosmic league. heres a 15 min chest before you're able to do anything else, just so you can feel the love...

Are you saying that the Free chest in the tutorial blocked you? Click it again it changes to Free m8 :)

Unregistered
10-06-2018, 01:35 PM
Finally beat lvl 33 and the game dc and ask me to refresh, lost the progress. This shit need to be fixed, add a reconnect button or something, so fucking frustrating.

Unregistered
10-08-2018, 04:10 PM
Finally beat lvl 33 and the game dc and ask me to refresh, lost the progress. This shit need to be fixed, add a reconnect button or something, so fucking frustrating.

Holy fuck it happened again, beat the lvl and DC, is this shit a bug with the lvl or am i this unlucky?!

1Playa
10-09-2018, 02:35 AM
Holy fuck it happened again, beat the lvl and DC, is this shit a bug with the lvl or am i this unlucky?!

I've just played 33 twice and had no issues with the victory trigger. Might be related to a hero specific bug. Are you using Alisandre (Fire) by any chance to kill Becky in the 2nd wave?

Also I recommend you come over to Discord and the team will help you resolve any bugs a lot quicker.

PS: Becky has a Death Rattle that does damage to you when you kill her. It's not this that you are seeing by any chance? A drawn game in PvE does not count as a victory.

1Playa
10-09-2018, 01:12 PM
Cosmic Shock League is now live worldwide!

https://www.nutaku.net/games/cosmic-shock-league/play/

unknown67
10-09-2018, 05:33 PM
Okay, my laptop screen isn't large by any means, but this is the only game I've ever played that has this problem. I can't even see my total gems without moving my browser window so that the left side is off screen. Screenshot attached. That's with my browser window being about as large as I can make it. I'm running Firefox BTW.

Also of note, the tutorial chest didn't appear when I first loaded the game. It was just a blank space with an arrow telling me to click it. I had to reload and play through the tutorial battle again before I could actually see the chest. Nutaku ID is 82418 if that helps.

Kotono
10-09-2018, 06:13 PM
What resolution is your screen set to? Or maybe the zoom is too high?

Semaphore
10-09-2018, 07:22 PM
Okay, my laptop screen isn't large by any means, but this is the only game I've ever played that has this problem. I can't even see my total gems without moving my browser window so that the left side is off screen. Screenshot attached. That's with my browser window being about as large as I can make it. I'm running Firefox BTW.

Also of note, the tutorial chest didn't appear when I first loaded the game. It was just a blank space with an arrow telling me to click it. I had to reload and play through the tutorial battle again before I could actually see the chest. Nutaku ID is 82418 if that helps.

From checking pixel coordinates of a screenshot in Paint, it looks like the main window is about 1270 pixels wide. That should work fine on both 1366x768 and 1280x1024, which are the common resolutions of low resolution monitors.

The problem is the window alignment. For large browser windows, it centers it. For small browser windows, it fixes the left side to include some unnecessary junk, while shoving however much of the right edge is necessary off of the screen entirely. That's either a bug or stupid design, and either way, they really ought to fix it. Center it for all browser window sizes and the problem is solved.

unknown67
10-09-2018, 08:22 PM
What resolution is your screen set to? Or maybe the zoom is too high?

1280x800

I thought my zoom was at default, but zooming out does help significantly. Thanks for the suggestion!

Eliont
10-09-2018, 09:12 PM
Total shit, i'l pass while it remain as is.
http://puu.sh/BIwqi/f2a9223796.jpg
http://puu.sh/BIwuh/6cef7076c0.jpg
Puzzle gameplay and art style is fine though, but hscene texts are meh.

If you go with lootboxes, at least let them stack indefinitely and opening simultaneously. Or make it open in the moments you got chest.

No pay walls and no stamina, you can play PvE or PvP as much or as little as you like.

No stamina - lie. Chest slots works as "stamina" system.
No pay walls - doubtful, considering posts from soft launch players.
http://puu.sh/BIApx/c4410ec989.png
And only one chest per time can also be considered as time pay wall.

Bruceski
10-09-2018, 09:27 PM
If you go with lootboxes, at least let them stack indefinitely and opening simultaneously.

Seconded. I just got an epic chest (yay!) and it locks everything up for 8 hours (boo!).

Semaphore
10-10-2018, 12:43 AM
1280x800

I thought my zoom was at default, but zooming out does help significantly. Thanks for the suggestion!

Your zoom was at the default. That the game was essentially broken for you at default zoom is stupid and should be fixed. Merely centering the game in the browser window would fix it.

unknown67
10-10-2018, 06:17 AM
Your zoom was at the default. That the game was essentially broken for you at default zoom is stupid and should be fixed. Merely centering the game in the browser window would fix it.

I half agree with you. It's definitely a problem and I shouldn't have to zoom out for the game to display correctly, but I don't know if centering the game would make things more frustrating or not. I can't scroll the page with a mouse wheel when my cursor is in the game window, meaning that at default zoom the only place I can use my mouse wheel to scroll is on that little strip on the left side of the page. If the game were centered, that strip would be gone and I wouldn't be able to mouse wheel scroll at all.

Unregistered
10-10-2018, 11:57 AM
13d25 if anyone wants to send gifts

Unregistered
10-10-2018, 12:04 PM
14fe3
someone i came across. add if you want, delete later

Unregistered
10-10-2018, 03:31 PM
Decent new game. Definitely gets ridiculous as you progress. Before long, the opponent gets like 18 turns before they even have to use their own 3 turns.

Unregistered
10-10-2018, 06:11 PM
This game is decent except for the PvP aspect. Balancing is absolutely NON existant. If you want to save your sanity, NEVER touch PvP in this piece of garbage.

Draghorn
10-10-2018, 11:03 PM
Yeah, I figured the PvP would be strait up P2W land. So I'm just going to stick to PvE for as long as I can.

Siliputi
10-11-2018, 07:58 AM
I've been playing this game since the first day it appeared, and something I've noticed is that certain people, (top ranking players), seem to get the same loadout time and time again during random battles. I just finished 3 games in a row with Minji_V, and for all three games Angel, Alisandre, Aster and Cherry came up on their side.

This happens far too often to be coincidental. Either there a problem with the server combining ranked games with random ones or something fishy is going on.

Evilmind
10-12-2018, 10:36 AM
So if you want to upgrade your team and get cards, there's no way to farm pve completed levels ? In this case pvp is mandatory ?

I'm lvl 7 and clearly want to get and lvl cards peacefully without doing too much pvp and well... you hit some kind of wall if you play that way.

Unregistered
10-12-2018, 01:22 PM
I've been playing this game since the first day it appeared, and something I've noticed is that certain people, (top ranking players), seem to get the same loadout time and time again during random battles. I just finished 3 games in a row with Minji_V, and for all three games Angel, Alisandre, Aster and Cherry came up on their side.

This happens far too often to be coincidental. Either there a problem with the server combining ranked games with random ones or something fishy is going on.

Pretty sure if you pick "random" your opponent can still use a normal deck. It's not that they're choosing random, it's that they're choosing a standard deck that they can use to beat your random deck.

Unregistered
10-12-2018, 04:19 PM
Using random is 2x ELO and XP gain when you win. So it makes sense to use it vs Ranked. Skid the loss is 0.5 vs ranked so less risky

Unregistered
10-12-2018, 04:22 PM
I’m on lever 42 without paying anything, you just got to unlock the free chests and the balance is pretty fair. Will play PvP after I hit level 15 or 16. Enjoying it actually

Semaphore
10-14-2018, 01:14 PM
I think I've figured out what bothers me about the PVE side of the game. The basic problem is that it's too random. You face an opponent much, much stronger than you are, and your only chance of victory is to play much, much better than the AI does. Which isn't necessarily that hard to do, as the AI isn't very bright. But winning or losing doesn't depend so much on how well you play as it does on how badly the AI screws up in that match, with an additional hefty dose of luck for which blocks spawn where and which random blocks get blown up. Having to wait until 10 minutes into a match to find out if an enemy hero's skill will instantly kill one of your heroes (so that you lose the match) or some irrelevant blocks (so that you win) gets annoying.

Unregistered
10-14-2018, 06:47 PM
I've just played 33 twice and had no issues with the victory trigger. Might be related to a hero specific bug. Are you using Alisandre (Fire) by any chance to kill Becky in the 2nd wave?

Also I recommend you come over to Discord and the team will help you resolve any bugs a lot quicker.

PS: Becky has a Death Rattle that does damage to you when you kill her. It's not this that you are seeing by any chance? A drawn game in PvE does not count as a victory.

Played recently on chrome and it worked, maybe it was a problem with firefox or just rly bad luck. Thx anyway.

Sniddy beng lazy
10-15-2018, 12:41 PM
I've quit this

Too slow to open boxes without gems, too slow to do much and ultimately it's a connect 3...

Arts ok, it's also resource hogging and slow

qti
10-15-2018, 02:47 PM
yesterday started to play this game my friend code for if someone want add. 1C175.

Unregistered
10-15-2018, 09:18 PM
This game is terrible. Computer always gets a million advantages, the better board, extra turns, quicker power ups. Perfect game if you want to punch a hole through your wall.

Bruceski
10-17-2018, 12:07 AM
I've quit this

Too slow to open boxes without gems, too slow to do much and ultimately it's a connect 3...

Arts ok, it's also resource hogging and slow

I've found the main thing for me sticking with a game is how much time it wants me to invest. If I've got four crates in my bar I don't have four crates to loot when I log in after work. I've got an hourly chore, and if I don't log in due to work or just not wanting to right then, nothing's going nowhere. If I sit down later and play for a bit? I've only got one slot to do it with, because everything is tied up in those crates so if you don't have space free then doing a story quest is just one you'll have to redo later, and PVP gives you almost nothing.

I honestly can't see why anyone would buy extra crate slots in the current setup. If everything unlocked at once the value of those is obvious, but right now you get one more action and then it's locked up in the queue along with everything else.

Unregistered
10-17-2018, 02:50 AM
They will be adding auto unlock in the new update apparently. Will all unlock in offline mode.

Unregistered
10-17-2018, 11:31 AM
I hope so. Games actually not too bad, just the crate system is really slow if you're trying to play.

Bruceski
10-17-2018, 01:11 PM
They will be adding auto unlock in the new update apparently. Will all unlock in offline mode.

Oh that'll be wonderful. That's my only real quibble with it right now, the current method hits me psychologically in all the wrong ways.

Unregistered
10-17-2018, 10:40 PM
Thought level 33 was awful, then saw 34. Wow. What a joke.

Draghorn
10-18-2018, 12:44 AM
You think that stage is hard, just barely made it though stage 47 a little while ago. My god, I truly thought that would be the end of the road for me in this game. -_-

Unregistered
10-18-2018, 12:46 AM
Thought level 33 was awful, then saw 34. Wow. What a joke.

lvl33 was hell to me, but everything else was pretty easy max 2/3 trys. What are you running?

1Playa
10-18-2018, 03:32 AM
I added walkthroughs for the first 50 levels on a free account, hope it helps :)
Just search "cosmic shock league level xx"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py851CDMWgw

Unregistered
10-19-2018, 01:40 PM
You think that stage is hard, just barely made it though stage 47 a little while ago. My god, I truly thought that would be the end of the road for me in this game. -_-

I'm there now. How the frig? Might quit there.

Unregistered
10-20-2018, 02:23 AM
lvl56 is pretty fucking hard

Unregistered
10-20-2018, 04:24 AM
I got stuck on that one too, there is a nice video of how to pass it though. Search Cosmin shock league level 56 walkthrough

Unregistered
10-22-2018, 02:46 PM
53 sucks so much. Tired of the computer being able to do so much more damage with so many extra turns.

Unregistered
10-22-2018, 10:07 PM
I love how "random" in this game just means wherever the computer wants it. I miss my bombs/grenades 99.9% of the time, even with 4 heroes on the board. Cute. Stay away from this frustrating game.

Unregistered
10-23-2018, 03:58 AM
Suggestion for the devs, could you add a button to recommend people around your lvl/progress to add as a friend, that would make a lot easier to fill the friend list and recycle inactive people.

Arte
10-23-2018, 10:46 AM
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, or if the answer was earlier and i just missed it...but when do you get the season reward and does it take up a chest slot? I have been waiting on a 4 hour chest with two more 4 hour chests and an 8 hour one and the season switched over before i could clear any of them out. I'm fairly new to the game, but i still made it to 651 elo before the season ended.

Bruceski
10-23-2018, 02:51 PM
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, or if the answer was earlier and i just missed it...but when do you get the season reward and does it take up a chest slot? I have been waiting on a 4 hour chest with two more 4 hour chests and an 8 hour one and the season switched over before i could clear any of them out. I'm fairly new to the game, but i still made it to 651 elo before the season ended.

It popped up for me after completing a battle. No need to save a space or anything.

frigidd
10-23-2018, 11:06 PM
Ok...how the hell did they get away with 'Galatea'? I mean there's parody, and then there's outright plagiarism, and that is literally Bayonetta.

1Playa
10-24-2018, 08:56 AM
Suggestion for the devs, could you add a button to recommend people around your lvl/progress to add as a friend, that would make a lot easier to fill the friend list and recycle inactive people.

Really like this idea, will add it to the list of new features.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a list of fixes for the new build we launched today. We made the game consume 75% less memory at launch and tweaked the difficult curve... plus tonnes more.

Here's the list of improvements and bug fixes for Version 0.0.327

1. Fixed Alisandre and Pixie hanging the game*** Feel free to use her in PvP again
2. Chest Auto-Queue - You can now unlock free chests in offline mode. Starting with lowest timer first chest will unlock in sequence.
3. Rebalanced to first 100 levels in PvE to be a little less intense
4. Sex Scene Notifications are now stored on Server. This means that the notifications will show again with this version but never again after this update. Sry for inconvenience
5. Added Audio Slider controls for volume control
6. Added PvP audio notifications and control - 'Opponent found', 'your turn', '10 seconds left' and '5 seconds left'
7. Fix end of Season reward system.... in theory!
8. Fixed issue with tile sticking to mouse on Windows
9. Added clock animations in PvP to warn players that turn is ending
10. Added a new visual indicator to show when it's players turn.
11. Added action to force client refresh without restarting game
13. Added sex scene Unlock prompt if you click on the heart in hero info
14. Upgraded framework to Unity 2018. Which decreases initial memory footprint by 75%
15. Improved the fonts for ingame player HUD
16. Updated the firing animations for Sierra
17. Fixed name on 2 rows in Friend panel
18. Improved Leaderboard fonts and look and feel
19. Improves event booster text and anims to be clearer "Exclusive Event Hero"
20. Updated Ingame Hero info PopUp, buffs no longer flash on that screen.
21. Updated text for 'Concede' and changed 'Dropped' to 'Surrender'

Unregistered
10-24-2018, 01:17 PM
Glad the levels are easier. Level 56 is still impossible.

Bruceski
10-24-2018, 04:08 PM
Ok...how the hell did they get away with 'Galatea'? I mean there's parody, and then there's outright plagiarism, and that is literally Bayonetta.

The whole shtick is that these aren't the people depicted, they're future women who are into cosplay.

And thank you so much to the devs for volume controls. For some reason most games are set at ear-blasting (even with sliders if you go 1 pixel above min your whole neighborhood will hear it) and these are quite reasonable. It's a volume level on par with the rest of the sounds from my computer.

Unregistered
10-25-2018, 12:42 PM
This game freezing for anyone else all the time lately? Really annoying when I'm doing well.

1Playa
10-25-2018, 01:01 PM
This game freezing for anyone else all the time lately? Really annoying when I'm doing well.

Which browser are you using? We have had some issues with Firefox recently for some reason

Unregistered
10-25-2018, 11:48 PM
Which browser are you using? We have had some issues with Firefox recently for some reason

Firefox, lol. I had to switch from Chrome to FF so that Booty Calls would work. Wish these games would just work on all browsers. xD

1Playa
10-26-2018, 01:06 AM
Firefox, lol. I had to switch from Chrome to FF so that Booty Calls would work. Wish these games would just work on all browsers. xD

I hear yeah, especially with Unity xD We will launch the DL PC version in a few weeks to alleviate the issue for most folks!

Unregistered
10-26-2018, 04:38 PM
Of the 8-10 games I play on Nutaku, this is definitely the worst. Almost no sex content. Insanely frustrating gameplay where the computer has FAR too much AI. Game seems like it's rigged half the time. Way too much frustration for basically no payout content wise. Might have to give this one up.

DrunkMonkGar
10-26-2018, 08:51 PM
I just noticed the voices when you click on a girl at the homepage have stopped playing. None of the three volume sliders fix this and I checked with girls I know had lines previously.

Ramazan
10-27-2018, 11:34 AM
Of the 8-10 games I play on Nutaku, this is definitely the worst. Almost no sex content. Insanely frustrating gameplay where the computer has FAR too much AI. Game seems like it's rigged half the time. Way too much frustration for basically no payout content wise. Might have to give this one up.

Kek. Better stop calling yourself a player then :V tho most of the nutaku players got used to auto games like fkg and kamihime, thats pretty understandable.

The people who calls this game as bad clearly never played cuntwars, thats all im gonna say. Still i think art aspect can be improved, half of the roster is full of catgirls and the likes, i'd like to see more of that Bayonetta vannabe or (real +18) grownup girls. (there's a reason why im sticking to nutaku instead of dmm, i hate lolis)

qti
10-27-2018, 01:59 PM
Glad the levels are easier. Level 56 is still impossible.

I already level 65 xd i guess only guy what like puzzle games.

Unregistered
11-07-2018, 11:20 PM
95 is so fucking cancer, holy shit!

Unregistered
11-13-2018, 01:40 PM
Cosmic Shock League may be perfect for you if you:

- Are searching for a Nutaku game with almost no sex content.
- Want to spend years to unlock one scene per girl.
- Are in search of game play action that is so unnecessary difficult, rigged, and expertly AI controlled that you may question your life.

Playing this game is like being told to defeat an army of samurais, and then being blindfolded, handcuffed, and shot in the leg before it even begins. Avoid like the plague.

Unregistered
11-14-2018, 01:54 AM

- Are in search of game play action that is so unnecessary difficult, rigged, and expertly AI controlled that you may question your life.

Playing this game is like being told to defeat an army of samurais, and then being blindfolded, handcuffed, and shot in the leg before it even begins. Avoid like the plague.

Hehe, I’m on level 154 without spending anything. Are you sure you’re not just crap at games? Maybe go back to playing a clicker :))

Unregistered
11-14-2018, 04:31 AM
Hehe, I’m on level 154 without spending anything. Are you sure you’re not just crap at games? Maybe go back to playing a clicker :))

how did you manage the lvl 100? The second stage does so much fucking damage, i'm not sure if i can do it without getting more lvls on my girls.

Unregistered
11-14-2018, 09:44 AM
how did you manage the lvl 100? The second stage does so much fucking damage, i'm not sure if i can do it without getting more lvls on my girls.

Playing PvP really helped to upgrade the Rare in my team. The fight chest you get every couple of hours was a big boost. I can’t remember 100 but if it’s a Dedtriy opponent level I mostly used healers to beat that. Like Candi, Keiko, Gadget and Velvet. If keep restarting level until I have a very good board with blues and greens.

qti
11-14-2018, 10:10 AM

I love the game because here the one who uses the head to play and not the one who pays the most wins. For example, I now defeat any deck using only 4 common cards. This is my state so far and I do not pay anything just because I do not have an international card if I had collaborate in the game since it is very good and entertaining.

Unregistered
11-14-2018, 12:11 PM

That's the exact level and wave that made me quit the game. Blood pressure is much better now. Good luck!

1Playa
11-19-2018, 06:56 AM
Hi everyone. If you'd like to try the pre-release PC\Mac Client (Install) version please install from this link. This will run way smoother than the Browser version and it also contains a lot of fixes that are not currently live on Browser.

All Nutaku login and payment options are working correctly. The only issues we are aware of are the game icon and installer texts not being final.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3f7oqxwh1si9dgh/AADJnMfG_02rrix3mrloBSsba?dl=0

1Playa
11-23-2018, 02:02 PM
We launched the much higher performance PC & Mac version of Cosmic Shock League today. If you'd like to try it out please head over to.

Download here:

https://www.nutaku.net/games/download/cosmic-shock-league-dl/

Unregistered
11-27-2018, 01:49 PM
Rigged ass garbage game.

Unregistered
11-27-2018, 02:24 PM
Rigged ass garbage game.

Nah dude, the game is good. Once you get some key girls(all common and rares) the game becomes all about strategy and some decent RNG.

Unregistered
11-29-2018, 01:19 PM
One of the biggest problems this game has is you basically only get common chests for winning levels. This gives you absolutely nothing to upgrade your deck. You'd have to make it to level 1,000 to make any progress. x1 on a girl is a joke when they end up taking 300 and then more to upgrade. This keeps your deck too weak as you reach harder levels.

Unregistered
11-29-2018, 11:32 PM
you gotta make it in PvP. fight chests will give you rares. only need a couple of decent ones to make progress.

as far as mechanics go its the best game on nutaku and the art is a cut above too. doesn't waste my time.

1Playa
12-23-2018, 12:10 PM
If anyone would like to try. Cosmic Shock League is now available on Android, head over to this link to pick it up!

https://www.nutaku.net/games/app/cosmic-shock-league/

DrunkMonkGar
12-23-2018, 01:24 PM
Has anyone been able to complete a PvP match on the DL version? I've tried six or seven matches but it hit me with 'waiting for opponent' until the match timed out every time.

frigidd
12-28-2018, 08:11 AM
Has anyone been able to complete a PvP match on the DL version? I've tried six or seven matches but it hit me with 'waiting for opponent' until the match timed out every time.

Yeah same here. I'm guessing we need to download an update or something.

1Playa
12-28-2018, 10:01 AM
Hi guys, we some some connectivity issues since the mobile version was launched. We're looking to address these asap. God damn bugs!

Just in case the latest version is 0.0.330

You can re-download from here if you have older:

https://www.nutaku.net/games/download/cosmic-shock-league-dl/

DrunkMonkGar
12-28-2018, 10:26 AM
I can confirm that my client is the latest version, so that isn't the culprit. Here's hoping you guys can get the issue resolved.

Unregistered
01-01-2019, 03:24 AM
12ad5

i add code i see here too

1Playa
01-18-2019, 09:39 AM
Update: We pushed a lot of fixes this week to stabilise the game ad also an anti cheat system that catches little fellas. PvP is a lot less frustrating as a result.

We are now working on 12 new Heroes and also a revised economy that will add a crafting system and Legendaries to chests

unknown68
01-21-2019, 08:48 AM
Christ, you JUST fixed those issues? Are there any players left? People were rather frustrated about this (and not just myself) when I left the Discord weeks ago.

Unregistered
01-25-2019, 05:01 PM
Can someone PLEASE share how to beat level 123? I've been stuck for over a month. Felicity does so much GD damage both on deployment and after death that you basically auto lose 2 heroes. That doesn't leave you any chance in wave 2. Definitely the worst level I've ever seen.

1Playa
03-21-2019, 06:06 AM
Hi Everyone We just pushed a very big update with a tonne of bug fixes and new features, here's some info if anyone is interested. We are also launching in Steam soon as SFW game.

New Heroes

We are working on 11 new heroes for the next stage of the project. Lots of new powers that will greatly change the game dynamics and meta. We plan to launch 3 new heroes at once, with the new Economy in Early March (that will include 2 new legendaries)
Some of the new powers...
(Attack on Death, Wacky can attack allies\enemies, Nerf, Extra move, Tile Shield, Poison (on\off board and lots more surprises))

New Economy

We need to do a massive rework of the economy as it is not very well suited to the Nutaku audience. That will involve removing and tweaking some old features while adding a completely new crafting layer.

The goal is to have the economy focused on opening chests with chances of dropping a Legendary card and shifting away from continual Limited Offers, which are game breaking for newer players. In that some new players have cards they should not have with their current level.
Economy Summary

1. We are adding a new currency called Shards which is used for crafting new Cards
2. New Crafting and Shatter systems will be added for Epic and Legendary cards. Players will now be able to craft random or specified cards of these rarities.
3. PvP Win Streak system. This is a way for players to gain a small number of shards from winning x number of consecutive games in a row and also breaking a 3+ win streaks of opponents.
4. The Daily cards feature will be removed from the shop. It might come back in the future selling card bundles.
5. The gifting feature will be modified so that it will no longer allow Epic gifting. We needed to do this to balance the crafting system.
6. All chests in the shop will now contain a chance of dropping shards or a Legendary card. The higher the chest value the more the chance of dropping a Legendary.
7. The lowest value chest will be purchasable with ingame coins and not with gems, this is to give all players a chance of getting Legendaries and to increase the value and usage of coins.
8. Event Boosters are breaking the ELO leaderboards so we also removing them for the foreseeable future.
9. PvP Emotes will be moved out of the player profile and into the Shop screen
10. The top tier of Paid chests (cost and content) will now be level 25. The cost and content of paid chests have always increased as you level up. We removed the final tier (Lv29+) as it was too expensive in out opinion.

UI and Re-Design

We have a lot of changes coming for the entire game look and feel. This is essentially cleaning up everything (menu related) and making it faster to load. It also looks way sharper and more modern than the current game. The mobile will have huge improvements to make it scale more optimally and also use more appropriate art proportions for a phone design.

unknown68
03-22-2019, 06:19 AM
We plan to launch 3 new heroes at once, with the new Economy in Early March

"Early March"

Posted on March 22. Heh.

Did you fix Tayla, or is her assault team still dominating the whale tier?

Unregistered
04-08-2019, 07:49 AM
Rigged ass garbage game.

Absolutely correct. Rigged time vampire. Worthless.

Unregistered
02-01-2022, 02:13 PM
I need friend id 19523