PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Beginner 'Help Me!' Thread

Nerina
11-14-2017, 02:27 AM
Hello! Actually, I started playing the game waaaaaay back and played it only for the sex (login like thrice a month lol) but seeing that I have more free time recently, I decided to start playing more often.

My predicament is that I don't know if I should re-roll a new account or just continue my current one. I don't really know if my account is good and I lost direction (I don't know what to do lol)

I completed until chapter 28 of the main story
2 SSR himes : Sol and Titstania
2 SSR Eidolon : Fafnir and Ouroboros (+0* Quetzacoatl)
7 SR himes (+ 4 story)
12 R himes (+1 story)
Total of 3 0* SSR weapons, a bunch of 0* SRs and stuff
Rank 37
D'Art (and all the souls required to get her) plus Van Helsing

I am totally unlucky with Gacha, I already rolled all my gems and I only got 1 SSR hime so far! (I re-rolled for Sol)
I just read the KamiPro guide as well and it says there that I should focus on one element. Seeing that I have Titania, then I guess wind will work? I'm pretty lost at the moment, I can't even clear expert level yet.
Using AP potions only give away like 23 AP and it's good only for 1 standard, what a waste.

So, before I buy the guaranteed SSR ticket, any suggestions on what I should do and focus on at the moment?
Should I just re-roll a new account and get something like Amaterasu or something else?
Is picking D'Art first a big mistake?
What is the general priority for uncapping characters?

Kitty
11-14-2017, 02:54 AM
well, first of all... your acc is great at it is.. imo
focusing wind sounds ideal for you ofc.. even if you just have the 1 ssr of that element it's good enough, since you have Sol who works perfectly on any team, it's a nice combo.
BUT if you're motivated to re-roll, you could just do it on the side, since you're not too far into the game it wouldn't be a total waste of time to restart. haha im contradicting myself
don't move right onto events, just focus on raids, preferably wind (standard wind has higher chance to drop weapons than expert) and try and get some wind bows and mlb them..

the 2 ssr eido you have are both... useless at that stage anyway, the only thing they can be good for is getting you more gems from others using them or the summon ability.
elemental eidolons are pretty crappy compared to character attack eidolons when you're that early into the game and haven't developed a proper grid.. but you can slowly do that into the future as you get more weapons.
also.. nice, thunder/dark/fire/water JUST what you needed XD

and.. picking D'art isn't a bad choice, her def/atk def debuff is needed, though try to get cassiopeia and gawain next (for healing/def buff and ambush) cause as perfect as Sol is, healing/cleanse, chaos magic and atk debuff.. it's never bad to have more healer XD
D'art is actually the perfect soul for raids, as you can use her snatch ability to have more chance to find weapon drops in them.
don't buy the SSR guaranteed ticket until you know you're happy with the account, and as you wrote this thread.. well it answer itself.

sorry if my advice isn't so good... i'm not very good

Maria
11-14-2017, 03:24 AM
>I suggest you reroll until you get 3-4 SSR Kamihime (it's possible, just believe me) before spending real money.
>If possible, aim for Water/Wind type teams. If Sol is in it, much better.
>Picking D'Art isn't a mistake since you'll probably be aiming for Mordred as your next legendary soul. Sniper Shot and Snatch is very useful.
>Depends on the element team and event. For me, I prioritize MLB-ing kami's that have increased effect on debuff or increased buff effects.

Nerina
11-14-2017, 03:53 AM
Thanks for the replies.
I will continue this account while re-rolling on the side, probably while waiting for AP to fill up! HEH

Wait what, you can get 3-4 SSR kamihime in one re-roll? How lucky do you have to be for that to happen?

Slashley
11-14-2017, 04:50 AM
>I suggest you reroll until you get 3-4 SSR Kamihime (it's possible, just believe me) before spending real money.
--That's basically telling people to quit before they even get started. There's what, 1.4% chance to get a SSR Kamihime, and 20 shots at it. So that's what, 0.26% for 3 SSR Hime and 0.016% for 4 SSR Hime.

That's, on average, 1/384 and 1/6250. If it takes you 10 minutes to reroll (does it? I have no idea!) then it'll take you 64 hours or 1041 hours to get these things. So that's 8 hours a day for 8 days, or 8 hours a day for 130 days. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

Yeah, just because something can be done, doesn't mean that you should encourage people to do it.

Let's be realistic here. Encouraging new players to reroll into SSRs is fine. But he already has two. One of them is even Sol. Sure, they're not an ideal combo, but getting two SSRs of the same element is hard work. No idea of the odds, but could be along the same as getting 3 SSRs.

Maria
11-14-2017, 05:04 AM
Advice 01: Start rerolling for (x) number of hours, where (x)'s values is undefined.
Advice 02: Start rerolling from 13:13-14:01 PST. Based on the experience and data I got from rerolling, it's the most optimal time for getting SSR Kami 2^ (3487 accounts made, based on the list of fake usernames I created while rerolling; time included w/ other variables)
Advice 03: Ignore Advice 02 and proceed to Advice 01.

Eunicorn
11-14-2017, 05:25 AM
Advice 02

I've been suspecting that it isn't only winning time window(or range), but also the randomisation is based on current time(that was absurd, but proceed to ->). I usually hit jackpots when timed correctly on Odd numbers from seconds/ms (e.g. 14:01:03, 14:02:03....). that's a biased probability imo

Slashley
11-14-2017, 05:34 AM
-- 3487 accounts made --Why don't you just give an account with 3 SSRs to this guy then.

sanahtlig
11-14-2017, 06:32 AM
I just read the KamiPro guide as well and it says there that I should focus on one element. Seeing that I have Titania, then I guess wind will work? I'm pretty lost at the moment, I can't even clear expert level yet.
Using AP potions only give away like 23 AP and it's good only for 1 standard, what a waste.

So, before I buy the guaranteed SSR ticket, any suggestions on what I should do and focus on at the moment?
Should I just re-roll a new account and get something like Amaterasu or something else?
Is picking D'Art first a big mistake?
What is the general priority for uncapping characters?
Pick up Gaia with your first Miracle ticket and you'll have a nice Wind team. Expect it to release in December. You'll be short on class A debuffs, but Hastur will fix that (second Miracle ticket). Oberon (SR) would be a really nice addition to your team, since she would solve your class A debuff shortage without waiting 5 months for Hastur.

D'Art was a mistake, yes. Cybele already gives you a type B debuff. You need Black Propaganda and class A ATK + DEF debuffs. You'll probably be running Joan or Mordred for most content. Pick up Ambush from Gawain for when more damage is needed.

The value of character limit breaks is mostly the skills they unlock. Unlock the ones you need first.

Nerina
11-14-2017, 07:23 AM
Pick up Gaia with your first Miracle ticket and you'll have a nice Wind team. Expect it to release in December. You'll be short on class A debuffs, but Hastur will fix that (second Miracle ticket). Oberon (SR) would be a really nice addition to your team, since she would solve your class A debuff shortage without waiting 5 months for Hastur.

D'Art was a mistake, yes. Cybele already gives you a type B debuff. You need Black Propaganda and class A ATK + DEF debuffs. You'll probably be running Joan or Mordred for most content. Pick up Ambush from Gawain for when more damage is needed.

The value of character limit breaks is mostly the skills they unlock. Unlock the ones you need first.

Thanks for the replies!
I tried re-rolling for fun and the best account I got was the one with Sol, Cthulhu and Girimekhala.

So for my wind team I need Cybele and who should I put in..? I have Titania, Maeve, Cronus, Scathach and Boreas, though I am not sure about the type A and B debuff skills -- if which category they're in. Additionally, Sol on the last slot for healing.
I should also rush to get Mordred, too.

Should I continue doing the Advent event or should I just go farm the 3 per day raid quests?
When should I start using the AP pots?
Until what skill level should I level up my weapons?

sanahtlig
11-14-2017, 08:08 AM
Sol and Cthulhu is half an optimal Water team. I'd actually go with that. Pick up SSR Nike with the first Miracle ticket and your Water team will be nearly complete.

Advent events are important for the SSR eidolons, which will be a huge stat buff early on. Save your half-elixirs for your primary element starting out. Only skill level SR+ assault weapons of your primary element, and don't skill level copies you'll use for limit breaks later past LV5.

sanahtlig
11-14-2017, 08:16 AM
Soul priority for that Water team would be: Gawain > Mordred > D'Art.

fucka
11-14-2017, 08:29 AM
Your acc is pretty decent with sol and titania, 2 really useful SSR. "More SSRs" doesn't always mean a better acc. "Which SSRs" is the question you should ask and not "how many". If you got 4 of those kind such as Tyr, u won't be happy with them.
Sol and titania are both very flexible to use. If you start rerolling, I don't how long it would take to get an equally good acc. Don't forget you have to grind from very beginning too.
Trust me, you are not unlucky with your acc. There many lv80+ out there, who play this game for the whole time and haven't get a SSR kami with jewel draws yet (kamiless weapon + Eidolons u know how it works...). The small amount of jewels u have spent says nothing.
Keep grinding with your current acc, gather jewels and event weapons, choose a kami through miracle ticket depending on what you will have got over time.
If you really want to reroll, then start rerolling when belial or more 100% eidolons getting released. They will be the only reason for rerolling, because they will make your SRs as strong as SSR or even stronger.

Nerina
11-14-2017, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the input! Getting 3-4 SSRs is hard, I re-rolled a hundred times already and I keep on getting 2 SSRs at most now.
I'll just continue on my account for now but the Cthulhu + Sol account is tempting though...

I'll get Gaia if ever the miracle ticket comes, farm the SSR event eidolons, upgrade my wind weapons, do the daily wind raids and improve on the grid. When should I buy the guaranteed SSR? :P

Question on debuff stacking, does Sniper Shot stack with Cybele's mist? They're both the same Class B, right?
If it does, then if I stack Sniper Shot with Cybele's debuff and Sol's debuff, then I get a total of -20% + -15% + -20% = -55% atk (but the cap is -50%)?

What do you do with the SR weapon skills that give hp?

sanahtlig
11-14-2017, 07:14 PM
You should read the debuff section of my guide. It explains how the stacking works.

I'd recommend using the Water team. You haven't actually invested much time in your current account, and the Water account is one Miracle ticket ahead (3 months or so) of your current account. You can easily get back to where you are with your Wind team in 2-4 weeks of playtime.

You can read the Miracle ticket section of my guide for specifics on how that works. I wouldn't invest more money in the Wind account at this point.

Unregistered
11-14-2017, 07:20 PM
If you really plan to spend money on that, then do so as soon as you can because while it guarantees an SSR, it does not guarantee it will be a new one. The less SSRs you have, the better chance you'll have of not getting a dupe.

The debuffs do not stack, sniper shot and cybeles skill are both bframe.

Nerina
11-14-2017, 07:23 PM
You should read the debuff section of my guide. It explains how the stacking works.

I'd recommend using the Water team. You haven't actually invested much time in your current account, and the Water account is one Miracle ticket ahead (3 months or so) of your current account. You can easily get back to where you are with your Wind team in 2-4 weeks of playtime.

You can read the Miracle ticket section of my guide for specifics on how that works. I wouldn't invest more money in the Wind account at this point.

Okay, thank you!
Actually, I read the guide once, skimmed through the debuff section. Reading it again right now.

debuffs do not stack, sniper shot and cybeles skill are both bframe.

Alright thanks! Now I know how it works.

Thank you everyone for the replies! It really helped.