PDA

View Full Version : Are the Western games too P2W

Biodeamon
11-18-2017, 11:28 PM
So i'm noticing a worrying trend here with the games developed by westerners requiring you to constantly pay to unlock scenes. With other games like dmm releases you only have to grind and gamble a bit to get some good stuff, but it seems impossible to progress in booty calls or pussy saga without slapping down some real cash eventually before your slots run out. You can't even delete pictures from storage to free up space. (and just when I was starting to have booty change my mind about western quality)

This surely can't be a sustainable buisness model for nutaku, as anyone can google these things for free... Shouldn't nutaku do more quality control?

Unregistered
11-19-2017, 12:53 PM
So i'm noticing a worrying trend here with the games developed by westerners requiring you to constantly pay to unlock scenes. With other games like dmm releases you only have to grind and gamble a bit to get some good stuff, but it seems impossible to progress in booty calls or pussy saga without slapping down some real cash eventually before your slots run out. You can't even delete pictures from storage to free up space. (and just when I was starting to have booty change my mind about western quality)

This surely can't be a sustainable buisness model for nutaku, as anyone can google these things for free... Shouldn't nutaku do more quality control?

I'm curious how you think Nutaku SHOULD be monetizing these games then, since pretty much everything in 'em can be googleable for free. And not monetizing anything seems like even less of a business plan. (that said, the inability to delete pictures does seem particularly stupid, I have a hard time believing that wasn't just an oversight.) Maybe the reason we aren't seeing many (more?) dmm games is because THEY weren't profitable? That's the stated reason for Aigis closing, after all.

That said, AFAIK neither of those games have a PvP or Cooperative mode. Which means they have absolutely ZERO incentive in keeping around players that won't succumb to their monetization scheme. Business models aren't based on number of people playing, it's amount of money made. If you aren't paying you are costing them money without contributing to the enjoyment of people that are playing. In short, they pretty much have every incentive to want you GONE.

Arkinum
11-19-2017, 01:16 PM
Considering how small Nutaku is right now, I don't think they are in any position to address "quality control".

But I agree that western games need to be a little more creative if they hope to captivate a real audience.

Unregistered
11-19-2017, 01:41 PM
Well 200k visitors per day isnt bad at all and they slowly growing, but of course there is a room for more.

NutakuF
11-19-2017, 07:26 PM
The thing is Nutakus overall company policy lol.

Only one word can describe them : Greed.

Im a long time nutaku player, but decided to put an end to my nutaku gaming after 4 of the games I played ended, some ended within a short lifespan of months..after they unceremoniously sucked $$$ dry from the poor players and decided to move to the next cash cow (Sengoku, IdolWarz, etc), most of nutaku games even the NA counter part of DMM aside very very very few exceptions are EXTREMELY p2win, or you need to be a heavy p2win to truly enjoy the game/have access to good stuff.

With such a company policy, the compan will never grow exponentially, just check their game list, its like a hydra...grow 9 heads, you chop 9 heads (aka game dies, faster than hercules chops a hydra`s head) then it regrows 10 more..now with the western game variants to milk the poor players that still gives this unscrupulous company $$.

When a company loses the trust, its very hard to keep old players, usually closing a game is like the last case sceneario a game company wants, because it destroys everything; Company image, trust along players (whale and none whale ones), etc etc.

Dont get me wrong, i know too that you cant hand things for free but many gaming company do very well when they balance generous gveaways to the free populace and paying content, some hell dont even need the p2win content to big a big star (kancolle, cough), the key is for you to grow and attract more people aka free users, these free users will at the same time bring whales like a snowball effect.

MOST of the nutaku p2win game ended because they literally raped into extinction all the initial free users (that are attracted into the game via coupons, pre register events and compensations from other dead games LOL) and then whales quit too because there`s no playing enviroment for them to brag about their hard spend $$$.

They will never grow as company, and hell im glady they dont because if for whateber reasons they oneday get their dirty hands on the license of games like Kancolle, Victory bell, etc..then god save us.

Aegi`s shut down nailed the coffin for me, i`m done with nutaku. I wish the rest of the players that still plays their games...best of the luck.

Cheers lol.