PDA

View Full Version : sub eidolons - stats vs effects

Unregistered
11-23-2017, 12:32 PM
At what point does a stat difference outweigh a useful active effect from an eidolon? The one in particular that gets me hung up is Yamata-no-orochi due to it being the only way I can get the 3rd def down debuff, but it's only level 45 with attack of 864 and pretty weak. Not sure how much %damage increase her effect would grant especially for a full burst.

Unregistered
11-23-2017, 12:35 PM
youll usually kill most enemies before you get a chance to use your sub eidolons active effects

Unregistered
11-23-2017, 12:42 PM
youll usually kill most enemies before you get a chance to use your sub eidolons active effects

While that's normally true (and when it is I swap her out for someone stronger), when I was doing some of the high ultimate fights solo it definitely wasn't the case and I'm pretty sure some rag fights take more than 7-8 turns for me to finish still. So I'm really only asking for the harder fights.

Unregistered
11-23-2017, 01:07 PM
While that's normally true (and when it is I swap her out for someone stronger), when I was doing some of the high ultimate fights solo it definitely wasn't the case and I'm pretty sure some rag fights take more than 7-8 turns for me to finish still. So I'm really only asking for the harder fights.

I guess I would just say its really situational. 95% of the time the stats are more important to me. If you can survive 8 or 9 turns or whatever to summon them, you're usually either close to finished with the boss or so close to dead a little bit of extra attack down probably won't help much at that point anyway.

But hey if its just a wee bit less attack to have a decent active effect that has a small chance of meaning victory then i guess it could be better.

Very very situational...

Slashley
11-23-2017, 01:28 PM
If you can finish a fight before 8 turns, you don't need the stats in the first place.

-10% Def is a huge deal, particularly if you're already at -40%.

Unregistered
11-23-2017, 01:46 PM
I guess I would just say its really situational. 95% of the time the stats are more important to me. If you can survive 8 or 9 turns or whatever to summon them, you're usually either close to finished with the boss or so close to dead a little bit of extra attack down probably won't help much at that point anyway.

But hey if its just a wee bit less attack to have a decent active effect that has a small chance of meaning victory then i guess it could be better.

Very very situational...

My water comp is very slow especially on things like ultimate rank 40 for the raid events (healers/debuffers with andromeda) so I was at 15-20 turns regularly for some of those fights and usually not close to dead, so it can be very meaningful at times and not right at the end of a fight one way or another.

sanahtlig
11-23-2017, 02:00 PM
I have a tool that answers this question: the Advanced Damage Calculator. As I recall, Yamata no Orochi is a net damage boost starting with -40% DEF. You'll have to re-analyze for an effect starting at turn X and extending to turn Y though.