PDA

View Full Version : New Downloadable Game: Shards Of Eradine

meltman
11-30-2017, 06:39 AM
So I thought about getting this one. It seems to be the same devs as for OSAWARI ISLAND (Superhippo). The sprites also look similar. There's a trailer on youtube (which I can't post because this forum doesn't allow links) and some other short clips that show a bit of the sprites.

But that's all the info I can find. Did anybody try it already and tell me a bit about the gameplay? I guess as it is a full-price game there is no energy regeneration and you can play as long as you want? Can you unlock the Nymphs as you play or do you need to rely on RNG? How about the story?

Arkinum
11-30-2017, 01:04 PM
I have it. I'd say I'm about one quarter though the game. So far the artwork is probably the best part of the game. The story is a mess of parody and lame 4th wall breaking jabs, though I did chuckle a bit at some of them.

The game is buggy as fuck, saving and loading tend to re-spawn some bosses and such, so far I haven't gotten stuck due to this. The nymphs are captured like pokemon, but you don't need any items, and the game seems very forgiving when it comes to letting you capture them. I haven't failed a capture yet, even if the health of the nymph is 50%. I would also like to mention some, uhhh... interesting design choices, like auto talking to npc when just coming into their radius. It's kind of grindy also, but this isn't too bad as heal and save points tend to have spawn points near them.

Being someone that has made some broken games himself, I can say that the dev's put a lot of love and work into this. But you are not going to get seamless experience playing this. I'd wait till it's around 10$ or less. It's really not worth the 25$ asking price.

Semaphore
11-30-2017, 04:55 PM
You should be aware that when they say a 1920x1080 resolution is recommended, they mean the game basically doesn't work at other resolutions. At other resolutions, various parts of the interface will be off the screen and inaccessible, which makes various game features inaccessible entirely. Different resolutions make different things inaccessible. While the game can be windowed, it fills the full monitor space, so you can't just run it in a 1920x1080 window on a larger monitor, either.

Draghorn
11-30-2017, 07:36 PM
Hmm, that's a problem. I have a smaller monitor with an odd, 16:10 ratio.

Jeffrey Uy
11-30-2017, 10:01 PM
Guess this game won't be available on Android phone. That sucks.

EmeSky
12-01-2017, 09:44 AM
I got to lvl 400 and still no Amrita on Rebirth. I mean what? Anyone know on what rebirth lvl can u get amrita?

PS: Taps of Eradine.

Unregistered
12-01-2017, 09:17 PM
I got to lvl 400 and still no Amrita on Rebirth. I mean what? Anyone know on what rebirth lvl can u get amrita?

No clue. Game isn't out yet for us peasants. (a.k.a. Those of us not in Canada, or faking it via VPN)

FunkyMonkey
12-02-2017, 12:22 AM

You need to rebirth at lvl 1000

meltman
12-02-2017, 02:21 AM
I have it. I'd say I'm about one quarter though the game. So far the artwork is probably the best part of the game. The story is a mess of parody and lame 4th wall breaking jabs, though I did chuckle a bit at some of them.

The game is buggy as fuck, saving and loading tend to re-spawn some bosses and such, so far I haven't gotten stuck due to this. The nymphs are captured like pokemon, but you don't need any items, and the game seems very forgiving when it comes to letting you capture them. I haven't failed a capture yet, even if the health of the nymph is 50%. I would also like to mention some, uhhh... interesting design choices, like auto talking to npc when just coming into their radius. It's kind of grindy also, but this isn't too bad as heal and save points tend to have spawn points near them.

Being someone that has made some broken games himself, I can say that the dev's put a lot of love and work into this. But you are not going to get seamless experience playing this. I'd wait till it's around 10$ or less. It's really not worth the 25$ asking price.

Thanks for the info. I thought about getting it in the Black Friday Sale but it wasn't reduced - probably because it was just released. Collecting the nymphs like in Pokemon sounds okay but the boss respawn thing doesn't sound that good... unless it is intended to be like this. I guess I will wait until Christmas and see if there is a discount on it then.

You should be aware that when they say a 1920x1080 resolution is recommended, they mean the game basically doesn't work at other resolutions. At other resolutions, various parts of the interface will be off the screen and inaccessible, which makes various game features inaccessible entirely. Different resolutions make different things inaccessible. While the game can be windowed, it fills the full monitor space, so you can't just run it in a 1920x1080 window on a larger monitor, either.

For me that is no problem but it does really suck that the screen does not scale for others.

Semaphore
12-02-2017, 09:12 AM
It's fairly obvious that the game is inspired by Pokemon. You should be aware that, unlike Pokemon, you cannot backtrack. Rather, you must go through the zones in a fixed order, and once you're done with one zone, you can never return to it. If you realize that you missed something and want to go back and get it, the only way to do so is to start a new game.

Speaking of starting a new game, you can essentially only have one saved game at a time. The game automatically saves for you, whether you like it or not. So if you realize that you missed something and want to go back to an older saved game, you can't. If you want to start a new game without wiping something else that is far into the game, you can't. It does technically keep the last ten times it saved for you, which lets you go back slightly--but only slightly, as it saves very often. The real reason why they seem to do this is to give you a way to work around your most recent saved game file becoming corrupted, as happens sometimes.

Wankyudo
12-03-2017, 04:41 PM
So I thought about getting this one. It seems to be the same devs as for OSAWARI ISLAND (Superhippo). The sprites also look similar. There's a trailer on youtube (which I can't post because this forum doesn't allow links) and some other short clips that show a bit of the sprites.

But that's all the info I can find. Did anybody try it already and tell me a bit about the gameplay? I guess as it is a full-price game there is no energy regeneration and you can play as long as you want? Can you unlock the Nymphs as you play or do you need to rely on RNG? How about the story?

Just wanted to clarify, it's not the same devs. Superhippo publishes, but the devs are a small team that been grinding on the game since their campaign on the now-defunct offbeatr.

Largepotato
12-27-2017, 05:02 AM
Taps of Eradine has gone full release, but don't bother playing.

They not only reset all soft release progress with no advanced notice, but have also banned auto-clickers.

Kotono
12-27-2017, 05:05 AM
Don't confuse this thread for the newly released game.
The clicker game that just released is Taps of Eradine.

BigBobs
12-27-2017, 06:11 PM
It's fairly obvious that the game is inspired by Pokemon. You should be aware that, unlike Pokemon, you cannot backtrack. Rather, you must go through the zones in a fixed order, and once you're done with one zone, you can never return to it. If you realize that you missed something and want to go back and get it, the only way to do so is to start a new game.

Speaking of starting a new game, you can essentially only have one saved game at a time. The game automatically saves for you, whether you like it or not. So if you realize that you missed something and want to go back to an older saved game, you can't. If you want to start a new game without wiping something else that is far into the game, you can't. It does technically keep the last ten times it saved for you, which lets you go back slightly--but only slightly, as it saves very often. The real reason why they seem to do this is to give you a way to work around your most recent saved game file becoming corrupted, as happens sometimes.

And this autosave thing screwed me. Because I ran into a tree that decided to port me into a black screen, and every save went to that screen when I reloaded, basically deleting my save.