PDA

View Full Version : Do You Think We'll Get a Xmas Gift This Year?

Captain Alvord
12-14-2017, 05:05 PM
so its the Christmas Season. And I've started playing FKG again after taking a break since just after the first of 2017. I remember last year we got a Free xmas gift from the Devs...A 50/50 chance 5*/6* Ticket. But it led to a lot of salt on Discord and on the forum here.

So does anyone think we'll get a free 50/50 chance 5*/6* ticket this xmas like we did last year? Maybe another gift instead? No gift at all because of all the salt last year? I'm still using the piles of salt from those that only got a free 5* from that give-a-way. I only got a 5* but a free five star is a free five star to me.

kabosu
12-14-2017, 05:10 PM
I sure hope so as I managed to get my first 6* from that ticket!
But now I have a bigger group of girls I doubt i'll get something I want. If they do another ticket I bet i'll get a 6th Oncidium from it...

Wutan
12-14-2017, 05:24 PM
Well i was in the Salt Camp i guess (back then the Gacha Pool was rather small and i had a particular 5* stalking me and i didn't liked her one bit. Got three copies of her before the ticket with only one Skill Level Up. Needless to say that i have got her from the ticket).

Well it's a psychological thing really. It's like:
"Look what i have got, if your luck wasn't that shitty you would have goten a 6* as well :p"

Well it was a gift and we should have appreciated it more (it's rare that Nutaku is that generous after all) but yeah rng is a b.... sometimes.

I doubt that we will get a gift this year.

Ampchan
12-14-2017, 07:11 PM
You will get the gift of overpriced gachas.... take in point our current exhibit A...

AgentFakku
12-14-2017, 07:22 PM
oh god, let's not start that shit again

It really divided folks

Some were happy, some were angry and some wanted the 5* ticket to be only 5* not a hybrid w/ a 6* chance

Not sure if DMM did it

Tickets are Gacha, you either score big or hit salt

Unregistered
12-14-2017, 08:38 PM
12 days of Christmas blooms would be my choice

Ampchan
12-14-2017, 08:41 PM
Honestly the ticket I felt hurt them more than it helped them.

How I like to look at it, all it did was piss off potential whales and make some f2p players happy.
You a whale and get the free rainbow, you happy, but it is just another for the collection.
Yes, F2P players were happy but it was not going to make them suddenly into a shark or a whale.

On the other side you have the people who got the 5* instead.
F2P players were upset, yes, but it is not like it is going to change anything spending wise. They might now be less inclined to spend now, but they don't spend anyway so what does it really matter. People do not start off doing the 180 USD Mega gachas, they start with the very good deals and move upwards.
The people who were really affected were the whales who got shafted. I personally was rubbed bitter by it so much that I didn't do a deal for over 4 months. That is a potential loss of profit they could have made. To say the least, my draw was very, very bad, and frankly it ruined Christmas for me last year. I am not as involved with fkg like I was then, mostly because the failure we have had lately with getting blooms and content, but I would still be extremely pissed if that happened again. I will save you the details and just say the pull was very bad.
Frankly, if they want to give away rainbows, I am for it! Send everyone a 6* exchange ticket, you will make your whales happy, and a happy whale is a spending whale (No one can be indifferent about a pick your waifu), but I would like to avoid a repeat of last time.

AgentFakku
12-14-2017, 08:51 PM
The only games I play that gave the highest rarity for free was Aigis did a black ticket for free because of their anniversary.

I don't think Flower Knight Girl both DMM nor Nutaku ever gave a free Rainbow Ticket (either Gacha/Random or Choose your Waifu)

At most, it was 5*/6* hybrid

I won't get into it since I remember people were pretty mad. I stayed out of it. Not my thing to dwell on it. Let people vent and do whatever they want

It won't change the way I spend money since I am pretty laid back.

Ampchan
12-14-2017, 09:04 PM
Also helps if you don't talk in Discord.
That chat honestly only makes things worse.
You can get the good stuff from the chat from other people in other chats.

twilightdream
12-14-2017, 09:55 PM
Gift from dev this year is they going for fabulous vacation and don't update anything until they return.

Dari
12-14-2017, 10:52 PM
I got salt last year, thanks to that pretty much quit Nutaku and started on DMM. Maybe they will give a pick your 5* ticket this year.

Unregistered
12-14-2017, 11:02 PM
Anything's fine as long as they don't give some players grapes while the rest get cucumbers.

Zandel
12-14-2017, 11:34 PM
See I got a 5* from that ticket and I'm a bit of a whale but to be honest it did not piss me off at all. If anything I thought it was a good thing. F2P getting upset over a free 5* just because they missed out on that 50% 6* was and still is stupid, free stuff is free stuff after all. Whales getting pissed over missing the 6* hit was even stupider since the chance for them that even a 6* would end up being a dupe was so high. I mean for a whale what difference does 1 extra copy of a 6* you already have matter? or even a new 6*? you are still going to buy the next greatest thing anyway and it's not like F2P players getting a free 6* makes any of your own spending less relevant. Hell this game is not even PvP in any way shape or form, what others have / get has nothing to do with how well you are doing.

TL;DR Realistically that ticket was a great gift from the devs that they never had to give out and anyone complaining about it was just being childish.

Myrdin
12-15-2017, 01:20 AM
Honestly if its the 50/50 shitty ticket again, then I hope we aint getting it.
I can still remember how pissed I was back then. Either make it a 5* or a 6* but if you really wanna give something out, dont make it RnG based, coz thats just gonna piss people off. Bunch of the lads dropped the game back then, and I was very close to do s as well.
For all care now - I dont actually. I got DMM account rolling and have more fun playing there than here, so salt or no salt is meh. But It would be nice to get a 6* this time, coz another 50/50 pull result of 5* will make me really cynical about the whole thing.
It would be nice getting a 6* though, coz Nazuna knows after playing this game for what... almost 2 or so, I got only 2 6* from gacha in that period of time.... let that sink in a little bit. Yeah. So a little something something as a token would be nice.

Taon
12-15-2017, 04:41 PM
See I got a 5* from that ticket and I'm a bit of a whale but to be honest it did not piss me off at all. If anything I thought it was a good thing. F2P getting upset over a free 5* just because they missed out on that 50% 6* was and still is stupid, free stuff is free stuff after all. Whales getting pissed over missing the 6* hit was even stupider since the chance for them that even a 6* would end up being a dupe was so high. I mean for a whale what difference does 1 extra copy of a 6* you already have matter? or even a new 6*? you are still going to buy the next greatest thing anyway and it's not like F2P players getting a free 6* makes any of your own spending less relevant. Hell this game is not even PvP in any way shape or form, what others have / get has nothing to do with how well you are doing.

TL;DR Realistically that ticket was a great gift from the devs that they never had to give out and anyone complaining about it was just being childish.

I agree with this but for a few points:

1) For most people, it doesn't feel great knowing that you didn't get as good of a prize as you could have simply due to RNG while others got better prizes for the same reason. This gets compounded further by:

2) When you consider that it would have cost the devs absolutely nothing to give out a flat 5* -or- 6* ticket, then the customers who didn't get a 6* feel understandably frustrated. It's true that the devs didn't have to give out anything, but some gift ideas and approaches are best left ungiven rather than upset the recipients. The devs screwed that up with good intentions and anyone working with them with even a smattering of PR knowledge would have thrown up a red flag before the debacle.

I wasn't affected either way; I only started playing this year, but it doesn't take a great deal of empathy to see why people got upset. I don't think it really earned as much angst and hyperbole as it did (c'mon, it really ruined someone's Christmas?) though.

GettinTiredOfThisShit
12-15-2017, 05:19 PM
Hell, I'm already pretty damn salty from pulling 22 consecutive three star units from the priority gacha. May as well pour more on.

Ampchan
12-15-2017, 06:54 PM
hyperbole as it did (c'mon, it really ruined someone's Christmas?) though.

I got my 5th dupe of a gold that had been haunting me from that ticket, so not only was it not a 6*, it was a 5* that was useless. There was no bond crystals then, so when everyone is getting 6*s and you got like 2k coin, it makes you understandably angry.

But to be fair, it was really just the final straw for the evening. My entire family more or less bailed on me, and were major assholes about it. My fiancee was very sick and thus it was just a really bad holiday season.

Taon
12-15-2017, 08:21 PM
I got my 5th dupe of a gold that had been haunting me from that ticket, so not only was it not a 6*, it was a 5* that was useless. There was no bond crystals then, so when everyone is getting 6*s and you got like 2k coin, it makes you understandably angry.

But to be fair, it was really just the final straw for the evening. My entire family more or less bailed on me, and were major assholes about it. My fiancee was very sick and thus it was just a really bad holiday season.

Fair enough, I can easily see how that was icing on the cake; hopefully this Christmas will be a better one for you.

Drip
12-16-2017, 07:21 AM
The concessus last year seemed to be that a 5* exchange ticket would've been a good medium present instead of the 5*/6* gacha ticket.
I think I'd personally prefer a rainbow skillbloom/dressbloom combo though, but heh, that's due to some of my whaling I guess.

Ampchan
12-16-2017, 07:25 AM
Idk, I know this event gives you a 5* gacha ticket, which honestly I am indifferent. I do not think we will get a christmas gift. That ticket is probably already our christmas gift...

Myrdin
12-16-2017, 08:32 AM
The concessus last year seemed to be that a 5* exchange ticket would've been a good medium present instead of the 5*/6* gacha ticket.
I think I'd personally prefer a rainbow skillbloom/dressbloom combo though, but heh, that's due to some of my whaling I guess.

I´d be down for this. Especially since they stopped selling Dressblooms in the Exchange shop. Which is really lame since it didnt last that long (managed to get what... 2, maybe 3 of those ? to max out Red Ginger, but thats about it.)

Unregistered
12-17-2017, 11:59 AM
I got the 5* from it last year. I didn't get angry about it, though...it was merely another in a long list of non-6* draws. At that point I was truly thinking I'd never get one. Fortunately, I now have a few. A chance for another would always be welcome, no matter what the actual outcome.

Captain Alvord
12-17-2017, 12:30 PM
I am hoping they give a gift. But the fallout from last year has me thinking that they may not. They tried to be nice and got backlash for it.

I think if we get a gift this year it'll probably be a free 5* gacha and call it a day. Minimum ofna gift but a gift none the less and wouldnt cause too much salt. I hope it's a free 6* gacha but don't really see them gifting one of those straight up and probably won't happen.

Best middle ground gift I could see is a choose your 5* ticket. Or a "gift" in the form of another cheap ($10-15) 6* choice ticket.

sniddy
12-17-2017, 04:01 PM
A choose your 5* would be great - a random 6* would be great - a 50/50 gold rainbow would still be great - but of the 3 the least appealing

Basically I'll take anything and say thanks really