PDA

View Full Version : Most likely dumb questions from a newbie…

Ib Guertena
12-25-2017, 07:31 AM
I'm stuck behind Events, right about now.
1 - Will I be able to see landmark descriptions for Lotus Lake, or get any Flower Knights from Withered world tree?

1.1 - If there are no Withered world tree Flowers, do the desert- & tundra-based Flowers have a different Nationality, or do they simply not exist.

B - Is there or will there a Flower Knight based on pollination traps & the like who uses a bag that's a portal as a weapon (Like Jessica Philomele from Mana Khemia)? She could throw random stuff, & generate random effects & Attack Types.

Delta - How far behind is America compared to Japan? I'd like to know when I can get Azalea (Newcomer).

N64 - Is there an easier way to navigate this site? I tried searching Azalea, & only got 1 result. I clicked on it, & used ctrl+f Azalea, & no results. Several more pages; Same. Used Google; Same. Used quotes on Azalea on Google, & it took me to page 360. I don't think I would go through 360 pages to just see the mention of what I search, so I'm definitely not using the search on this site correctly.

Unregistered
12-25-2017, 12:53 PM
1. Lotus Lake will become a full-fledged nation and have available girls starting from Lamium's event (event #54, so about two-and-a-half months later). This will also clear the fog over it, making landmark descriptions readable.

There are no available knights from Kodaibana, although some girls like Lavender previously lived there, and story-wise there is an ongoing effort to push back the pests and reclaim the place (detailed in Skullcap's event and a recently announced light novel).

2. Cold-associated knights usually belong to Winter Rose, although they are mostly based on plants like wintersweet, poinsettia and Christmas rose rather than true tundra-dwellers (there's also Ghost Weed, a knight who is really not good with the cold, but was assigned to Winter Rose anyway because her name sounded winter-y).

Desert plants are likewise few in number and mostly include cacti, but with Lotus Lake being based explicitly on Egypt, we might see a group of them over there (then again, so far only Adenium/Desert Rose is a desert-themed LL native). It's worth noting that flower habitats in general don't match one-to-one with their nations, with the exception of Lotus Lake, which has a pronounced focus on aquatic plants.

3. Sarracenia and Catchfly are currently the only knights based on insect-catching flowers. Both have their flowers' habits reflected in their character designs: Sarracenia digs pitfall traps and lures pests to them, while Catchfly carries a butterfly net and is really into capturing and dissecting pests.

Sarracenia's love of booze may also be a reference to the fact that some pitchers are known to drug their prey, although a pun on her name probably has a bigger influence here (heishisou is an alternate name for trumpet pitchers, and the vases she's carrying are heishi sake vessels). By the way, Nazuna herself is based on an arguably semicarnivorous plant, though the real reason that she's the game mascot is probably that she has a very fitting flower meaning ("I offer you my all") for an assistant knightmaster.

As for pollination traps, we do have a few knights based on flowers with them, like Heart Vine, Royal Water Lily and various orchids, but none of them reference the process in their design (except possibly Royal Water Lily, whose bloodthirstiness may be derived from the tendency of waterlilies to capture and drown small beetles in their mucilage pits, although that's a bit of a stretch). Some knights (like Christmas Haretail Grass, Christmas Begonia, Iberis and Calceolaria) also have attack animations that involve tossing a bunch of presents/stories/candy/other stuff at the enemy, while Golden Lace has portals as her main theme, but their attack animations aren't too close to what you've described.

(And speaking of pollination traps/knight types we'd like to see, I've been wanting an Ophrys-themed puppeteer for a very long time now. This is an orchid that imitates the shape and smell of female insects to attract males and pollinate itself during "mating", so it makes perfect sense for a knight that controls female pest dolls to trick pests into attacking each other).

4. EN FKG is ten months behind the Japanese version.

5. Well, that's something I can't help you with. Sorry.

condu
12-26-2017, 12:11 AM
I'm stuck behind Events, right about now.
1 - Will I be able to see landmark descriptions for Lotus Lake, or get any Flower Knights from Withered world tree?

1.1 - If there are no Withered world tree Flowers, do the desert- & tundra-based Flowers have a different Nationality, or do they simply not exist.

B - Is there or will there a Flower Knight based on pollination traps & the like who uses a bag that's a portal as a weapon (Like Jessica Philomele from Mana Khemia)? She could throw random stuff, & generate random effects & Attack Types.

Delta - How far behind is America compared to Japan? I'd like to know when I can get Azalea (Newcomer).

N64 - Is there an easier way to navigate this site? I tried searching Azalea, & only got 1 result. I clicked on it, & used ctrl+f Azalea, & no results. Several more pages; Same. Used Google; Same. Used quotes on Azalea on Google, & it took me to page 360. I don't think I would go through 360 pages to just see the mention of what I search, so I'm definitely not using the search on this site correctly.

If you need to search something on this site, just use the search function implemented on the site. No need for Google or other search engines. If you can't find it that way, probably the thing you want to search here doesn't exist here.

Ib Guertena
12-26-2017, 08:09 AM
If you need to search something on this site, just use the search function implemented on the site. No need for Google or other search engines. If you can't find it that way, probably the thing you want to search here doesn't exist here.

Was that how I worded the question? You didn't mention how to directly go to the specific page of the search result to see what I searched for so that I don't have to go through 100+ pages to see what I searched.