PDA

View Full Version : Whale Ability Training

jessejames93
12-30-2017, 04:54 PM
If you could only choose one would you choose:
Recovery boost - 400 crystals
Critical up - 600 crystals
DEF activation Up - 600 crystals

Right now i have the option to choose one of these, which would you choose and why?

Drip
12-30-2017, 06:33 PM
If you could only choose one would you choose:
Recovery boost - 400 crystals
Critical up - 600 crystals
DEF activation Up - 600 crystals

Right now i have the option to choose one of these, which would you choose and why?
I have LCs, but still won't spend them on these buffs unless that would leave me with enough LCs left to buy at least the Rainbow Skillbloom and the 2 150LC Flowering Hearts next month.
It's fairly probable that I'll be in your exact situation next month though, and then I'd probably go for either the recovery boost (but I want to know how that works first) or the Critical Up.
DEF activation up might be nice against raidbosses though, since those fights tend to last longer.

Taon
12-30-2017, 11:10 PM
I have LCs, but still won't spend them on these buffs unless that would leave me with enough LCs left to buy at least the Rainbow Skillbloom and the 2 150LC Flowering Hearts next month.
It's fairly probable that I'll be in your exact situation next month though, and then I'd probably go for either the recovery boost (but I want to know how that works first) or the Critical Up.
DEF activation up might be nice against raidbosses though, since those fights tend to last longer.

Mousing over the abilities in the "Edit Ability" tab gives more info: Recovery boost increases healing effects on the character by 25% and overhealing is added to a max 5% health cap boost (if your girl was at full health with a value of 20k, the extra healing would give her up to 21k max health.)

As for the OP, I'd choose recovery boost. My Alpinia with lv 5 skill, red necklace/earring and extra healing to boot? No question.

Critical boost only gives an extra 5% crit rate and DEF up increase defense activation by 2.25% and damage reduction rate increases by 2.5%. Meh.

hypo
12-31-2017, 01:41 AM
But, are there skills that apply to the ship?

Myrdin
12-31-2017, 02:22 AM
I use Crit. up on a full crit team in DMM. Cant complain once the red number ultimates start to roll in.
Healing affects only girls who either have a self/healing ability (none of those yet on Nutaku I believe) or Lifesteal ability.
Defense up is good if you have girls like BB who has those super strong defensive and Guard abilities once Bloomed.

wolf
12-31-2017, 08:28 AM
it depends on what types of teams you have set up, so what types of teams do you have ?

Taon
12-31-2017, 09:09 AM
I use Crit. up on a full crit team in DMM. Cant complain once the red number ultimates start to roll in.
Healing affects only girls who either have a self/healing ability (none of those yet on Nutaku I believe) or Lifesteal ability.
Defense up is good if you have girls like BB who has those super strong defensive and Guard abilities once Bloomed.

Healing affects attacks with life drain and according to the description, also affects healing from panels (chocolate nodes for instance).

Drip
12-31-2017, 10:35 AM
it depends on what types of teams you have set up, so what types of teams do you have ?
Largely this, I think. For now, all my teams use the +ATK on first turn bonus, simply because you can't go wrong with that one, it's a benefit to every girl.
But, just placing these skills that cost LC next to the girls on my squad, gives an entirely different picture (remember, this is for my squads, other peoples' squads will be entirely different):
-Heal Bonus: only useful to Alpinia and Strawberry Candle, since they have self heal. I don't use Chocolate Cosmos, healing nodes are pretty rare, and I rarely need them anyway.
-DEF bonus: useful especially to my counter-squad (they're meant to take hits, so survivability is a pro) and probably my debuff-squad (even if that squad is OP as it is)
-Crit Bonus: useful to all squads equally, comparable to the ATK bonus. But Crit Bonus is for longer fights like special event raid bosses, ATK bonus is more suitable for short fights.

I'd need to do a lot of math with variables and functions I don't know (or care about) to pinpoint how many rounds a fight should last for the crit-bonus to pull ahead of the ATK bonus, And for my trigger squad I'd also need to calculate a seperate figure (since they almost always all do an AOE special on the first turn, coinciding with that +10% ATK bonus) so I don't think I'll be picking up the crit-skill any time soon.
Heal bonus is even lower on my list, but it's also a bit cheaper, so I might pick it up on a whim sometime.
So I guess my personal pick (in about 2 weeks) would be the DEF skill.
But, that's personal, tailored to my own squads.

Unregistered
12-31-2017, 12:09 PM
Critical UP should be crit damage instead of rate. That makes it much less useful for groups without crit chance abilities.

Unregistered
12-31-2017, 12:57 PM
Since we're on the skills topic, is taunt viable at all?

Unregistered
12-31-2017, 02:20 PM

Taunt is by far the best ability for rainbows with evade(+ counter) on DMM. How viable it is depends on how effective the current form of evade is.

Ampchan
12-31-2017, 04:37 PM
the recovery boost on a -70% Kerria team can almost double your damage. Just putting that out there.

wolf
01-01-2018, 09:19 AM

yes its pretty good with my counter squad :D

Ib Guertena
01-17-2018, 05:04 PM
How are Ability Training Abilities LV'd up?

Unregistered
01-17-2018, 05:47 PM
How are Ability Training Abilities LV'd up?

Gotta wait for that feature to be added. Then it's simply spending a currency you get from missions.