PDA

View Full Version : Water Team Advice

Unregistered
01-04-2018, 04:09 PM
As it happens, I've ended up with 3 Water SSR's: Nike Unleashed, Aphrodite, and Cthulhu. I'm working on leveling up the elite souls so that I can get Mordred and then leveling her up.

Aside from my SSR's, I have Undine, Rusalka, Circe, and Dagon all at lvl 50 or close enough to finish by the time Mordred is level 20.

Can anybody offer me advice on team combinations and who/how to best target SR's or SSR's to round out my team?

AznSamsung
01-04-2018, 04:39 PM
Dragon king to end with it ...

Slashley
01-04-2018, 04:42 PM
From SRs, Triton would be ideal, thanks to her combo-.
With Mordred, you'd cover absolutely every necessary base while still leaving your EX skill free. Oh, except Dispel?
However, you'd be at -25% Atk and -45% Def which is good, but not ideal. Using Sniper Shot would get you to -35% -50%, which would be amazing.

Buuuut... well, basically, use whoever you can get your hands on. Belphegor is also an amazing Water SR. Until then, Dagon is probably your best use. Cthulhu + Dagon + Black Propaganda is some fun times when it comes to boss Overdrives.
Dragon king to end with it ...For second Miracle ticket, Snow Raphael is probably a better pick?

Not that Ryu-Oh is bad, but.

LeCrestfallen
01-04-2018, 05:03 PM
Will raid this Thread since i am in a similiar situation.
Got poseidon and recently aphrodite and nike unleashed dropped in my lab.
Current water team is poseidon, nike unleashed, aphrodite, sol ~~
will this have enough damage with so much heal, and which soul would be best in combination with that?

sanahtlig
01-04-2018, 05:04 PM
As it happens, I've ended up with 3 Water SSR's: Nike Unleashed, Aphrodite, and Cthulhu.
I'd pick up Dragon King with the 1st Miracle ticket, and Snow Raphael with the 2nd. That'll set you on a path to either of the two builds I recommend in my Water guide. You'll want to pick up Mordred, and then Sniper Shot.

Slashley
01-04-2018, 05:09 PM
Will raid this Thread since i am in a similiar situation.
Got poseidon and recently aphrodite and nike unleashed dropped in my lab.
Current water team is poseidon, nike unleashed, aphrodite, sol ~~
will this have enough damage with so much heal, and which soul would be best in combination with that?If you want more damage in Water, the correct answer is always Cthulhu (for President).

LeCrestfallen
01-04-2018, 05:18 PM
water is literally my weakest grid and i want the next ticket to be Thanatos :D

Unregistered
01-04-2018, 05:52 PM
I'd pick up Dragon King with the 1st Miracle ticket, and Snow Raphael with the 2nd. That'll set you on a path to either of the two builds I recommend in my Water guide. You'll want to pick up Mordred, and then Sniper Shot.

I used my first miracle ticket on Cthulhu, but what's up with Dragon King? I can't find any reference to her in any of the wikis or anything...

Thanks for the advice, everyone, I will work towards some of those Kamihime as best I can, particularly after the current raid event is over (trying to farm Grimoire's for 4th breaks!

Unregistered
01-04-2018, 05:59 PM
I used my first miracle ticket on Cthulhu, but what's up with Dragon King? I can't find any reference to her in any of the wikis or anything...

Thanks for the advice, everyone, I will work towards some of those Kamihime as best I can, particularly after the current raid event is over (trying to farm Grimoire's for 4th breaks!

Oh, and I've been using D'Artagnan as my soul for forever so Sniper Shot is covered.

sanahtlig
01-04-2018, 06:04 PM

The Japanese name for Dragon King is Ryuou (龍王). You can read about how she fits into Water teams in my guide.

AznSamsung
01-04-2018, 06:20 PM
i forgot about snow rapa

Unregistered
01-04-2018, 06:24 PM
The Japanese name for Dragon King is Ryuou (竜王). You can read about how she fits into Water teams in my guide.

Well, that solves that Scooby Do mystery... So based on what I have and probably only 1 more Miracle Ticket available, who is the best bang for my buck operating on the assumption that I don't hit the gacha lottery?

AznSamsung
01-04-2018, 06:26 PM
snow rapa is the best choice

Slashley
01-05-2018, 02:18 AM
The Japanese name for Dragon King is Ryuou (竜王). You can read about how she fits into Water teams in my guide.When dealing with newer players, you may want to use the exact spelling Nutaku for some reason decided to go with: Ryu-Oh. Older players should understand what you mean through context alone, but...
Well, that solves that Scooby Do mystery... So based on what I have and probably only 1 more Miracle Ticket available, who is the best bang for my buck operating on the assumption that I don't hit the gacha lottery?Since you're not registered, it's... rather difficult to tell which posts are yours. Assuming all unregistered ones are yours, you're speaking of the second Miracle ticket months away? Snow Raphael is super good for Water.

And it's not going to be the last Miracle ticket, we should see them released every 3-4 months.

sanahtlig
01-05-2018, 07:24 AM
When dealing with newer players, you may want to use the exact spelling Nutaku for some reason decided to go with: Ryu-Oh.
Wait, you mean the English version didn't translate the name and left it in Japanese with that odd romanization? That's... baffling. If they were going to leave it in Japanese and use it as a nominal that English speakers might be familiar with, Ryujin would've made more sense.

Also, yes, Snow Raphael is a good pick for second Miracle ticket.

Unregistered
01-06-2018, 05:22 AM
How about Shiva? instead of Dragon King

Shieun
01-06-2018, 06:36 AM
I personally prefer a debuffer/support than a buffer/straight dps unit.

Using Ryuoh will allow you to run type B debuff EX which is available (on top of my head) in Belphegor and Water Raph on water element.

If you used Shiva instead of Ryuoh, then you will have to choose between locking yourself into sniper shot or black propaganda (or Modred + sniper shot) if you dont run Belphegor/water Raph in your team.

Considering you already have Nike/Aphrodite/Cthulhu, I dont see a need for Shiva. NikeU cover more utility and debuff compared to Shiva, and also give both atk and def buff.

In your case, I'd probably wait for 2nd miracle for water Raph and in the meanwhile, just use any good water hime you have in that 4th slot.

sanahtlig
01-06-2018, 06:43 AM
How about Shiva? instead of Dragon King
Shiva is one of the weaker Water SSRs. At max Assault, ATK up is worth less than 50% of its value in actual damage (20% -> <10%). Both of her damage abilities together are worth about 7 normal attacks. So she doesn't contribute much to spike damage, and brings no utility. She's a decent trash killer, but for bosses you'll want a Burst build like Shingen + Ashirat to provide the spike damage (up to double) to empty the Rage meter in one blow. Shiva can potentially sub for Dragon King in this build, but then you'll be short both DEF down and overdrive extension. In general, you'll want both. SSR Nike is a valid sub though.