PDA

View Full Version : Old Raid weapons now available in the Orihalcum exchange shop (DMM version)

sanahtlig
01-09-2018, 08:51 AM
Updated version with links can be found here:
Sanahtlig's Kamihime Project Guide: I’ve missed events. Is it possible to get the kamihime, weapons, and eidolons I’ve missed? (https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K_dU3rCief_ajPGS9YBuVdxXBYFyCGGXAxYYyK0jzg/edit#heading=h.hgd2yh2qjg6m)

Event weapons (Raids)
Raid weapons were made available in the Orihalcum shop in November 2017 (DMM version) for 2 Orihalcum, limit of 1 trade-in per weapon per month. These are obtained from Guild Orders, the latest super high-difficulty content, and are also used for 4th Weapon Limit Breaks. 1-4 Orihalcum can be obtained per Guild Order, depending on player achievement, and Guild Orders are refreshed every 2 weeks. Veteran players without maxed Gatcha SSR weapons will likely need 1-2 Orihalcum per month (per element) for 4th Weapon Limit Breaks of Advent and Union weapons, and the rest should be available for exchange in the Orihalcum shop.

Because of this added feature, players might want to hold onto spare Raid weapons for any element they could see themselves using in the distant future.

JStar
01-09-2018, 01:08 PM
This is great news! It's in the distant future, but now I don't have to worry about that thunder SSR weapon from the Jormugandr event I missed (I started playing the game near the end of the Crom Cruach raid, so I'm a fair bit behind).

Slashley
01-09-2018, 01:25 PM
This is great news! It's in the distant future, but now I don't have to worry about that thunder SSR weapon from the Jormugandr event I missed (I started playing the game near the end of the Crom Cruach raid, so I'm a fair bit behind).I'm... not sure if these weapons will be all that great, though. Especially for the Ori cost.

Since at this point, DMM is moving pretty hard towards double-skill SSRs, or better such as double skill, level-cap 150 SSRs that go up to slvl 30. Like your good old Phoenix bow will be upgraded to that, assuming that you fork over the required 2x Ori, 10x Regalia, 10x Fang, 10x Rune plus a couple of basic Phoenix drops.

Fang requirements might be quite harsh, considering how they're released 1-3 level-breaks for weapons. Although spread across multiple elements, spending 10-30 Fangs in a month sounds painful. Although we'll have Ultimate difficulty daily quests by then, that will probably help.

Regalias you get from Ragnarok Disasters. Speaking of which, we might get Ragnarok Thunder Disaster in a day. You'll need 30 per Relic weapon, so 120 per LMB Relic weapon. Farming these will probably be a cunt as their droprate sucks ass as I understand it.

So, uh, getting back on track, it doesn't look like old Raid SSRs are getting the level 150 treatment. As such, sure, they're better than SRs, but you'll need four months to LMB one. Or at least three months of using valuable, limited Ori before you can even make use out of a weapon which has no long-term future, since double-skill and level 150+ double-skill weapons outvalue the everliving shit out of them. It's still good that this system exists, like, if Crom's Crotch Hammer's -10% Def will ever be absolutely required (ha ha?), we'll at least have some way of getting one. I guess.

sanahtlig
01-09-2018, 01:42 PM
So, uh, getting back on track, it doesn't look like old Raid SSRs are getting the level 150 treatment. As such, sure, they're better than SRs, but you'll need four months to LMB one. Or at least three months of using valuable, limited Ori
You wouldn't build one from scratch. You'd buy 1-2 to complete a weapon you already have sitting around. Even if you've played from the start and maxed every weapon, by the time this releases you'll *just* be completing a grid. But not everyone has been playing from Day 1, and not everyone has maxed every weapon for every element. Raid events are a pain to farm, after all, and they were even worse only a few months ago.

As for Orihalcum costs, if you're only farming for 1 element, based on my calculations you can easily spare the Orihalcum to trade for Raid weapons.

Slashley
01-09-2018, 01:50 PM
-- As for Orihalcum costs, if you're only farming for 1 element, based on my calculations you can easily spare the Orihalcum to trade for Raid weapons.Oh, right, I keep forgetting that solely focusing on one element is a thing. And is only going to get stronger as more and more stuff is getting implemented into the game.

And I also forgot just what unreliable cancer the raids used to be. True, finishing up a weapon that you couldn't LMB due to simple bad luck is great for you.

sanahtlig
01-09-2018, 01:58 PM
Guild Orders themselves are probably going to require elemental advantage (or a +100% eidolon) for max rewards. But max rewards give you more Orihalcum (about 2x more), which you'll need to raise those 6 teams equally. All you're missing by focusing on one element is more opportunities to grind. I'm OK with that.