PDA

View Full Version : Kamihime performance (Mac vs PC?)

Coconut
01-16-2018, 10:31 PM
I have a 2015 15" Macbook pro (the onboard graphics version) - and I find my whole computer sluggish when running KamiPro.

Has anyone else experienced the same thing? Do you have the same machine and have found a solution and/or don't experience this? Does anyone have a similar spec PC (Intel Iris 5200, i7-4770hq) and is it sluggish for you? Is the Macbook and/or Mac OSX just all-around garbage (since it doesn't multitask well when running Hearthstone either)?

Thanks!

Laventale
01-17-2018, 06:14 AM
I have a 2015 15" Macbook pro (the onboard graphics version) - and I find my whole computer sluggish when running KamiPro.

Has anyone else experienced the same thing? Do you have the same machine and have found a solution and/or don't experience this? Does anyone have a similar spec PC (Intel Iris 5200, i7-4770hq) and is it sluggish for you? Is the Macbook and/or Mac OSX just all-around garbage (since it doesn't multitask well when running Hearthstone either)?

Thanks!

Which Browser do you use?

sanahtlig
01-17-2018, 08:12 AM

KamiPro consumes an entire CPU core. Ultrabook super-thin designs that throttle when 1 core is in constant use will likely have performance issues.

Coconut
01-17-2018, 09:12 AM
Which Browser do you use?Chrome. Was Firefox until Quantum, which almost completely broke all video/interactive content for me. Not sure if it was as much of an issue of Firefox before but Firefox is unsable now.

Laventale
01-17-2018, 11:44 AM
Chrome. Was Firefox until Quantum, which almost completely broke all video/interactive content for me. Not sure if it was as much of an issue of Firefox before but Firefox is unsable now.

Firefox was always unfriendly to KamiPro due to how it handles flash, also what sanahtlig said.