PDA

View Full Version : Is Susanoo Awakened worth it?

Unregistered
01-24-2018, 03:27 AM
Exactly what the title says.
I only have three dragon eyes so I want to know if I should use them or save them for Ares when she gets hers.

LeCrestfallen
01-24-2018, 06:36 AM
3 Month's to go for ares. max amount of Dragon eyes that you could collect would be 1-2 in the timeframe ~~

If you main fire wait, if you main dark go for it. Since i don't know which himes you else have, i can not give more information. Do you have anybody that gets an awakening that is more important than those two?

sanahtlig
01-24-2018, 07:25 AM
Awakened Susanoo should be able to do about 3x Burst damage with her damage skill with full buffs (compared to 1x or less now). If that excites you, and your primary team is Dark, then go for it. But in general, I don't recommend Susanoo even for Dark teams, as she lacks debuffs and utility. I have her myself, and I won't be awakening her.

Unregistered
01-24-2018, 02:26 PM
3 Month's to go for ares. max amount of Dragon eyes that you could collect would be 1-2 in the timeframe ~~

If you main fire wait, if you main dark go for it. Since i don't know which himes you else have, i can not give more information. Do you have anybody that gets an awakening that is more important than those two?

As of now, I don't have anyone more important then these two that get awakenings.
SSR: Susanoo, Ares, Cu, Nike Unleashed

SR:
Dark: Tsukuyomi, Beelzebub, Bastet, Nyalathotep, Pale Rider, Ren
Fire:Agni, Brynhildr, Motu, Raguel, Caridwen, Renfa
Thunder: Hermod
Water: Nodens, Belphegor
Light: Belobog, Baldr, Uzume
Wind: Cronus, Ithaqua, Hermes, Oberon, Krampus, Maeve, Freya, Aisha

nonsensei
01-27-2018, 12:40 PM
I also have Susanoo & Ares, and awakened Susanoo while I will probably put off Ares for a while. I have Dark Amaterasu & Amon(Unleashed) to cover for debuffs already, so I don't have to worry about that. I also main light, so dark is my secondary team, so it takes priority to fire. Susanoo certainly isn't a so-called "core", but she functions pretty well as a dmg dealer. Fully stacked buffs, she hits about 1.5x higher than the rest of the team with normal hits & burst, and can blow a nuke every 5t that is a few times stronger than burst. That said, the nuke has 704k(according to jp wiki) ceiling in total, so keep that in mind.

If you want to compare Ares & Susanoo, Ares benefits more of her AW. She has a higher ceiling for her nuke(875k in total) than Susanoo after AW, which becomes 5->7 hits & some crazy buffs. But she's goes even more suicidical with it, while Susanoo is a bit more tanky.

Also take into consideration that if you don't have a grid already, fire will have no event for about half a year, while dark will have valentine event, and after that pretty much same as the previously described fire.

Slashley
01-27-2018, 12:56 PM
--
If you want to compare Ares & Susanoo, Ares benefits more of her AW. She has a higher ceiling for her nuke(875k in total) than Susanoo after AW, which becomes 5->7 hits & some crazy buffs. --I'd assume that Susanoo has much, much easier time actually reaching that cap though. I doubt Ares will reach the cap without double Belial, whileas even F2P Susanoo players can probably reach it thanks to the Ability+ that Awakened Susanoo has. You'll probably need to wait for many months to get the Darkness P2W Eidolon as your secondary though.

If you look at their first skills they may seem similar, but I speculate that that is far from the truth. I'd say that the actual value of Susanoo's Awakening is in the Ability+ that she gains (which is only good for multi-hitters like her and Ares), whileas for Ares the value comes the longer self-immolation combined with the improved combo+ passive.

nonsensei
01-27-2018, 02:01 PM
I'd assume that Susanoo has much, much easier time actually reaching that cap though. I doubt Ares will reach the cap without double Belial, whileas even F2P Susanoo players can probably reach it thanks to the Ability+ that Awakened Susanoo has. You'll probably need to wait for many months to get the Darkness P2W Eidolon as your secondary though.

If you look at their first skills they may seem similar, but I speculate that that is far from the truth. I'd say that the actual value of Susanoo's Awakening is in the Ability+ that she gains (which is only good for multi-hitters like her and Ares), whileas for Ares the value comes the longer self-immolation combined with the improved combo+ passive.

Well, firstly Susanoo AW's ability dmg buff currently is bugged and not in stackable frame :rofl: ..but Ares gets a whopping 50% elemental buff along with her burst gauge increasement up ability on AW topping her 50% normal atk buff, so I doubt she would have any harder time reaching high values. But you're right on that Ares AW is pretty dope already thanks to her combo atk rate & fast burst with or without her nuke.

Slashley
01-27-2018, 02:22 PM
Well, firstly Susanoo AW's ability dmg buff currently is bugged and not in stackable frame :rofl:--... ouch. I assume that's going to be fixed later? I wonder how much later...
Until that works, I don't see Susanoo being worth the Dragon Eyes.

And yes, Ares gets that, but then you're delaying her nuke more as it is longer cooldown, 6 on the nuke and 7 on the +elem (and Susanoo is 5). You're probably going to want to save the buff for Ares' Bursts, which she'll easily do every 7 turns thanks to her combo+. If you can afford to keep her on fire, that is. Fire hurts.

nonsensei
01-27-2018, 02:30 PM
... ouch. I assume that's going to be fixed later? I wonder how much later...
Until that works, I don't see Susanoo being worth the Dragon Eyes.

And yes, Ares gets that, but then you're delaying her nuke more as it is longer cooldown, 6 on the nuke and 7 on the +elem (and Susanoo is 5). You're probably going to want to save the buff for Ares' Bursts, which she'll easily do every 7 turns thanks to her combo+. If you can afford to keep her on fire, that is. Fire hurts.

All of Ares' abilities are 6t CD after her AW, so that shouldn't be a problem.

LeCrestfallen
01-27-2018, 02:40 PM
But susanoo is fluffy and cuddly :/ i will awaken her once i get her.

Slashley
01-27-2018, 02:46 PM
All of Ares' abilities are 6t CD after her AW, so that shouldn't be a problem.Mistake corrected in the spreadsheet then.

Unregistered
01-27-2018, 02:58 PM
There's a note saying that Susanoo's 1st and 3rd skills were revised/buffed in May, but I'm not sure if that's the bugfix you're talking about.

nonsensei
01-27-2018, 03:39 PM
There's a note saying that Susanoo's 1st and 3rd skills were revised/buffed in May, but I'm not sure if that's the bugfix you're talking about.

Nope, this is a nutaku unique issue, it seems. Otherwise we (surprisingly enough) seem to have the patched version already, at least for the 3rd ability. I heard the ceiling of her nuke used to be lower as well in the beginning, but I'd need more test runs with 2*+ Azatoth support.. or her buff bug fixed. :eyeroll:

VeryVoodoo
01-27-2018, 05:25 PM
Nope, this is a nutaku unique issue, it seems. Otherwise we (surprisingly enough) seem to have the patched version already, at least for the 3rd ability. I heard the ceiling of her nuke used to be lower as well in the beginning, but I'd need more test runs with 2*+ Azatoth support.. or her buff bug fixed. :eyeroll:

Well it actually lists the ability dmg not stacking up as one of the bugfixes they did on the May patch in jp wiki. So I don't think it's an unique issue to Nutaku.
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/377998628427661314/406967431190544384/unknown.png

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/377998628427661314/406967577198198785/unknown.png

sanahtlig
01-27-2018, 08:31 PM
Well it actually lists the ability dmg not stacking up as one of the bugfixes they did on the May patch in jp wiki.
That's not actually what it says. It says an ability damage effect (stacking) was added. It does NOT say the effect was changed from non-stacking to stacking.

If you look at the page as it read in 4/2017, it looks like this (http://xn--hckqz0e9cygq471ahu9b.xn--wiki-4i9hs14f.com/index.php?cmd=backup&page=%E3%82%B9%E3%82%B5%E3%83%8E%E3%82%AA&age=34). Notice that no ability damage effect existed at all at that time.

Slashley
01-27-2018, 11:49 PM
Wait, shit, the Ability up is Once? :fear:

Doesn't that entirely ruin the point of Awakened Susanoo?
She's stronger than her base form, sure, but unless you're sure that Dragon Eyes will never ever be a problem, there's just no way that she's worth it...

sanahtlig
01-28-2018, 12:19 AM
As stated before, the current implementation on Nutaku (if the claims are true; I'm not going to waste my Dragon Eyes to confirm) appears to not match any implementation that existed on DMM. Just like there was never a version of the current Advent event that didn't have Dragon Eye shards in the shop. It's Nutaku "original". Enjoy!

Laventale
01-28-2018, 02:00 AM
Just like there was never a version of the current Advent event that didn't have Dragon Eye shards in the shop. It's Nutaku "original". Enjoy!

I still want to off myself over that tbh.

fucka
01-29-2018, 01:12 PM
As stated before, the current implementation on Nutaku (if the claims are true; I'm not going to waste my Dragon Eyes to confirm) appears to not match any implementation that existed on DMM. Just like there was never a version of the current Advent event that didn't have Dragon Eye shards in the shop. It's Nutaku "original". Enjoy!

really, they just remove the shards... Maybe they think that the reward for ultimate with only Rs is too much. So 1 shard is enough for the whole event.

sanahtlig
01-29-2018, 08:31 PM
really, they just remove the shards... Maybe they think that the reward for ultimate with only Rs is too much. So 1 shard is enough for the whole event.
You give them way too much credit. I doubt the people managing this game play it, much less understand game mechanics or even care enough to make conscious design decisions that affect game balance. At best, they respond to and are completely reliant on user feedback and cash flow data. That's probably why they're constantly introducing all these new Gatcha promotions. They have no idea what's useful or what users want, so they just try everything and see what sells.

nonsensei
01-29-2018, 11:36 PM
The thing is, the ability description actually states that both atk & ability dmg should be stackable as it could be seen below. So I suppose even if "nutaku original", it's simply a mistake.. and I hope they will actually fix it. :eyeroll:

MrTouchdown
01-30-2018, 09:44 AM
It seems the tooltip about the Burst is wrong ? i mean because the (+++) , i checked every SSR i have and they all are (++++), or its because her damage buff?

Slashley
01-30-2018, 09:50 AM
Since the first Awakening, Nutaku has fucked up the amount of + in the Awakening Burst tooltip. It's wrong on ALL Awakened Hime.

Although the amount of (+) doesn't actually mean anything anywhere, (+++++) would be the most logical one for Awakened Hime.