PDA

View Full Version : Next Event?

Unregistered
01-29-2018, 10:18 PM
Not another union event is it? not enough seeds...

Laventale
01-29-2018, 10:38 PM
Not another union event is it? not enough seeds...

Next event is yet another Union Event.

This time against Lilim Avaritia (Greed). Vision attribute.

Slashley
01-30-2018, 12:17 AM
Not another union event is it? not enough seeds...The encyclopedia in Sanahtlig's toolbox (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PhfOAQk6EyK5l33ux_C4T-cexVIQp6D-_Hbd-OO1OmQ/edit#gid=1090858479) gives you a quick peek on all the upcoming events.

There's no Advents for the next three months. I hope your Seeds are ready.

VeryVoodoo
01-30-2018, 01:17 AM
Union Events and Raids only make my seeds go up though. :think:

Slashley
01-30-2018, 08:47 AM
Union Events and Raids only make my seeds go up though. :think:That depends on how active you are. Since BP limit is a measly 100 minutes - not even two hours - most people can't make use out of ~16h of BP regen.

For no-lifers who can do the event all day every day, ending up with more Seeds than they started with should be fairly easy.
For those who can only do Burst Hours and Seed like crazy during, breaking even is very possible if you MvP constantly.

For others? Well, if you're completing events then you should be losing out on Seeds.

Unregistered
01-30-2018, 09:14 AM
The natural regen doesn't make too much a difference for union events. The less you play, the less you'll use. The more you play, the more you'll use and it's not like the seed count drop rate increases the longer you play so both should have the same use/gain ratio. Union events experts only cost 1 BP, so you can run it nearly forever as long as you just do experts.

Raid events on the other hand, since the new soul drop system, has been hurting my seeds because Ragnarok cost 4 to run while possibly providing no return in seeds.

To answer the topic, we 'should' be having an illusion element union event. Emphasis on 'should'. With several other union and raid events coming up one after the other. We're not 100% sure yet since it seems they haven't updated the side banners, maybe they caught on that people figured it out, not that I see any harm in it and nutaku has not followed the dmm event order before. We also don't know what they plan to do with the reprint events the already gave us early, which if they don't fill in with anything, we're going to have several consecutive union and raid events.

Unregistered
01-30-2018, 09:40 AM
Next event is yet another Union Event.

This time against Lilim Avaritia (Greed). Vision attribute.

So... any element is fine for this one? Can’t find info on what element I should be using.

Slashley
01-30-2018, 09:47 AM
The natural regen doesn't make too much a difference for union events. The less you play, the less you'll use.
The more you play, the more you'll use and it's not like the seed count drop rate increases the longer you play so both should have the same use/gain ratio.I... what? I don't follow your logic here.

If you play more, you get more Seed drops. In 16 hours you can do around 50 Experts if you're really anal about BP ticks in a day, without Seeding. 50 Experts will probably drop you 25+ Seeds. That's a gain of 200+ Seeds per Union event, without even counting the rewards or the daily big Seed.

Meanwhile, if somebody can only play around eight hours a day, then the gain is about half of that.
Union events experts only cost 1 BP, so you can run it nearly forever as long as you just do experts.Only if it takes you 20+ minutes to kill one. I don't think that's possible, since if the boss has that much HP it'll also be strong enough to kill you. I don't think I've ever fought bosses for longer than 12 minutes, so I'm not sure...

Anyway, BP regen resets whenever you gain or lose BP. So if you do a 1 BP raid for 11 minutes and another 1 BP raid afterwards for 11 minutes, you haven't gained a BP tick. You'll be 9 minutes away from it. So an infinite chain doesn't really happen.
So... any element is fine for this one? Can’t find info on what element I should be using.Use whatever element you can cover debuffs best with.

Unregistered
01-30-2018, 11:52 AM
I... what? I don't follow your logic here.

If you play more, you get more Seed drops. In 16 hours you can do around 50 Experts if you're really anal about BP ticks in a day, without Seeding. 50 Experts will probably drop you 25+ Seeds. That's a gain of 200+ Seeds per Union event, without even counting the rewards or the daily big Seed.

Meanwhile, if somebody can only play around eight hours a day, then the gain is about half of that.Only if it takes you 20+ minutes to kill one. I don't think that's possible, since if the boss has that much HP it'll also be strong enough to kill you. I don't think I've ever fought bosses for longer than 12 minutes, so I'm not sure...

Anyway, BP regen resets whenever you gain or lose BP. So if you do a 1 BP raid for 11 minutes and another 1 BP raid afterwards for 11 minutes, you haven't gained a BP tick. You'll be 9 minutes away from it. So an infinite chain doesn't really happen.Use whatever element you can cover debuffs best with.

Sorry, this might be a bit long, I wrote more than I expected.

My point is you need you don't need to be someone who no life's a union event to end up with more than they had by the end.

I'm sure there aren't many that can play 16 hours a day. If they do, they're definitely the minority and I think even 8 hours a day on this game is a bit much for some. I want to say the seed drop rate is also better than the rate you're giving but I don't have any specific data recorded, just going off what I've experience as I always end up with more seeds by the end of a union event, being moderately active, logging in only 2 or 3 times a day with full BP, with more time during evenings.

I implied you could run nearly forever, not infinitely. Starting with full BP. 1 run. Chance to get a seed, run until BP run out then start using those seeds. Out of seeds or didn't get any? Seeds from other sources. Let's not even factor seeds before the event and only sources of seeds from during the event, such as union rewards, dailies, log in and free full bp. Maybe an hour or two total worth of regen BP. You can run who knows how long, the only thing halting you is whether or not you/your union can clear the stages and whether you're still on by then. Depending on how long you're willing to play, anything extra become back up for the next day and the next. By the end of the event, you'll have more than what you had used.

If you want another example, let's assume there are 2 players, one who plays non-stop and one who only logs in a few times a day. To account in seed gain, let's assume none of them have any seeds from the start. Who would end up with more seeds by the end of the event knowing that both share the risk of not gaining any seeds from clears and same rewards? The one who only logs in a few times a day most likely having excess from various sources while mostly only using some while mostly using BP from when they log in vs the one playing all day that burned through all their excess stock waiting for another BP regen? Answer? The one who logs in a few times a day. The one who plays non-stop would only make a difference in PP gain for the union but that isn't a factor in this discussion.

These are not perfect scenarios but it should show how someone who doesn't no-life the game can have more than what they started out with. While there's also the risk of not gaining any seeds from clears and burning through your extra gained, someone whose playing non-stop also share the same risks of not gaining any seeds from clear, while burning through their excess stock, which is why I said regen doesn't make a big difference.

If you want to factor in PP contribution, then yea, get all the no-lifers you can into your union for when union event rankings become implemented.