PDA

View Full Version : tyr or thor?

jacknapier40
02-10-2018, 02:10 PM
have both tyr AND thor.
like thor more with her paralysis,gigantic hammer and all,want to awaken her but tyr seems to be a fan favorite(her stats seem to be a bit higher)
opinions?is tyr that much better than most ssr kamihimes?

Unregistered
02-10-2018, 02:17 PM
A thunder team right now would probably use both if you have them. It's not like there are currently any thunder Rs or SRs that'd be taken over them.

Tyr isn't really necessarily better than most SSRs. But Tyr isn't being compared against most SSRs. Tyr is being compared against other thunder kamihime. Thunder in its current state is utterly starved for debuffs, so Tyr's 10%/15% A-frame def debuff is quite valuable.
Also, the maximal damage against stunned enemies buff does have an insanely high upside to it, balanced against its narrow window of opportunity.

Aidoru
02-10-2018, 02:25 PM
Tyr's defense down is more important because thunder teams lack strong and proper utilities. Thor's paralyze is good, if it successfully applies that is, which it not reliable in the first place and shouldn't be something you'll ever want to have to rely on to clear. You'll use both if you have them, not like you have much other options.

And no, Tyr is not better than 'most ssr', in fact, the current roster of thunder himes is pretty awful compared to what every element has.

jacknapier40
02-10-2018, 02:34 PM
i see.
truth be told i noticed the def debuff but didn't combined how thunder kh luck in the dbuff department.
of course i have both in my thunder team though.

Also, the maximal damage against stunned enemies buff does have an insanely high upside to it
never really liked stun because the longer my opponent remains like that i get time to recover,instead would prefer damage on raging enemied or rage gauge down or something.

Slashley
02-10-2018, 02:40 PM
Thor is insanely fun when Awakened.

But Tyr is the cornerstone of Thunderteams along with Raiko, until Mammon comes along. Once Mammon comes along, Tyr's spot in the team turns quite questionable.

Regardless... if you're going to Awaken a Thunder Hime, I do think it should be Tyr.

Aidoru
02-10-2018, 02:46 PM
Also, the maximal damage against stunned enemies buff does have an insanely high upside to it
never really liked stun because the longer my opponent remains like that i get time to recover,instead would prefer damage on raging enemied or rage gauge down or something.

I'm sure you're going to be running something more than once. Simply try to remember how much attacks you can on a boss before you end up pushing phases, then use the buff on the last of those turns the next time you fight it again. Like say you can do 4 turns of regular attacks on the stunned target before pushing it out of stun, just use the stun damage up skill during the 4th turn or 3rd turn to be safe. You get your time to recover and still deal damage.

jacknapier40
02-10-2018, 02:52 PM
awakened tyr.thanks for the advice guys.
the rare crystals of light for break limit are hard to get(have a complete shortage of them after awakening my first kh gaia)
how many chances to get from sp quests?(%)

Slashley
02-10-2018, 02:59 PM
Note that Limit Breaks should become much, MUCH cheaper soon. One or two weeks if Nutaku follows DMM schedule.

Limit Breaks for Awakened Hime from zero to max cost:
Before -> After
14 Fangs -> 7 Fangs
10 SR Books -> 3 SR Books
10 SSR Books -> 6 SSR Books
270k Gems -> 270k Gems

Trivialities:
18 -> 7 Holy Crystal of Light (T3 Sacred Stone Shard)
15 -> 5 Holy Star of Light (T4 Sacred Stone Shard)
5 -> 3 T2 Lithograph
20 -> 8 Rune (T3 Lithograph)
8 -> 7 T2 Bone
10 -> 5 Idea Core
15 -> 10 Prison Idea Core (T2 Core)

sanahtlig
02-10-2018, 04:53 PM
Tyr is pretty essential for Thunder right now, but Thor will eventually overtake her. An argument could be made for Awakening either. Certainly Tyr's Awakening will provide more immediate benefit, since it upgrades her debuff from terrible to decent.

Also, I never really understood why people judged SSRs by base stats, especially on the DMM wiki. Adjustments from weapons and eidolons completely dwarf the differences between characters, especially of the same rarity. Although, having especially low HP does make a character the first to die from multiple AoEs, which is generally undesirable. But that's fixable with accessories.

Unregistered
02-10-2018, 05:47 PM
I dunno; maybe it's people scraping for positive things to say about the older attackers? *coughAcalacough*

Unregistered
02-10-2018, 06:47 PM
Acala, Ares, those kind of Kamihime are completely useless and they hinder you from getting a good team, but there's people that still main them over better options since they're SSR lol
Plebs

Ikki
02-11-2018, 08:58 PM
thor all day, tyr isnt good at all outside of her meh debuff (stun punisher iugh) meanwhile thor is queen of rankings (future content) and makes water AQ a piece of cake, boss wanna do something -> lul paralyze, ive killed last boss with only autos + burst thanks to chained paras.

Edit: just read that you ended up awakening tyr, thats a shame, but still for future reference stun punishers are terrible.

Slashley
02-12-2018, 12:21 AM
By the time that kind of thing becomes necessary, he'll easily be able to Awaken Thor.