PDA

View Full Version : Wind Element Discussion

kylie
02-10-2018, 08:52 PM
I'm aware that the core team for wind should include Gaia, Hastur, SSR Cybele, and Seth

However, I looked up the DMM wiki and saw the upcoming Wind SSR kamis like Isis, Neftis, Aitail, Arianerod.

By the addition of these new Kamihimes in the future which of the first team should be replaced and why?

I just want to know so that I can plan my miracle tickets purchase correctly.

Unregistered
02-10-2018, 09:35 PM
Wind Neftis could probably replace Hastur if you can make up for the difference in -def elsewhere (for example, through Hraesvelgr on your friends list or you opt for that def debuff from Gawain as your ex skill). As long as you can brdige that -def gap, the main difference is that wind Neftis has that maximal damage against stunned enemy buff versus a party assault buff.
Otherwise, given that core team, just stand pat.

sanahtlig
02-10-2018, 09:35 PM
Neftis is limited. Aether functions similar to Titania and pairs well with Shingen. Isis functions similarly to Gaia but her Cover has a duration of 5T and doesn't make her invulnerable, meaning that powerful attacks can wear her down. She also has no AoE mitigate. She's basically a weaker Gaia.

Aether could sub in for Gaia for a Burst build instead of Titania. But she wouldn't be available until the 5th Miracle ticket, so that's beyond the scope of current planning.

kylie
02-10-2018, 10:30 PM
Another question:

How does SSR Cybele outclass these 3 wind SSRs as an offensive piece:

Odin, Cu'Chulainn, Azazel

Are they really bad, or is Cybele that good compared against these 3?

sanahtlig
02-10-2018, 11:00 PM
Cybele has a Super Sniper Shot that also damages targets, and she attacks 2-3x per turn guaranteed. She's simply superior to the other attackers available to Wind, both in utility and damage. A team can typically only fit one kamihime without an essential debuff, so that one character needs to be truly exceptional. For Wind, Gaia's usually going to take that slot. There's no room for straight attackers unless their damage potential is amazing or they can buff Shingen and thus enable a Burst build (e.g., Titania).

kylie
02-10-2018, 11:12 PM
SSR Cybele's max attack power is only 5000 tho(just checked). wut.

sanahtlig
02-10-2018, 11:27 PM
See my earlier comment about judging kamihime by their base stats. Can't really make any reliable damage estimates without understanding how the damage formula works--which is exactly what you're doing if you're trying to extrapolate an attacker's usefulness based on their base ATK stat.

kylie
02-10-2018, 11:33 PM
Well if you're new and don't know anything about the game, the only reliable source of info is to look at the numbers. It doesn't seem to be the case for this game, too many misleading terms.:neutral:

sanahtlig
02-10-2018, 11:46 PM
The game mechanics and damage formula are far too (needlessly) complicated to understand without prolonged study. It's best to just read a guide rather than try to puzzle it out yourself, at least at first. I've made damage calculators that can aid in exploration, but even those rely on some degree of experience so you know what inputs to feed in. Give them the stats of LV1 characters with no weapon or eidolon grid and you'll get results that aren't representative of real situations.

kylie
02-11-2018, 12:23 AM
Off topic but just wanna ask, when will be the release of the 2nd miracle ticket?

Slashley
02-11-2018, 02:14 AM
Another question:

How does SSR Cybele outclass these 3 wind SSRs as an offensive piece:--SSR Cybele will never, ever, EVER be booted from Wind teams. Not unless she gets nerfed. And honestly, her design limits the design space of Wind so fucking much that they might actually nerf her one day. The only Hime that potentially might get hit by a nerf, IMO.

Even if you ignore all of her abilities, she simply has by far the best damage output in the game. PAR NONE. She is, in a word, entirely fucking broken.

So add up her Sniper Shot and her Crit skill, and holy shit. Just... indescribably good. She is a monster beyond anyone else in the game.

So, never doubt SSR Cybele. Her passive is just too damn good, and her skillset supports it.
Off topic but just wanna ask, when will be the release of the 2nd miracle ticket?We don't know for sure. If I understood right, should Nutaku strictly follow DMM schedule it'll be in about a month. But considering the timing of the first Miracle Ticket, it could be about two months - allowing you to pick up SSR Cybele with the second one.

Only time - or Nutaku - will tell.

sanahtlig
02-11-2018, 07:49 AM
Wind lacks a reliable means without tradeoffs to hit the DEF cap, unlike every other element. So one good Attacker doesn't make it unbalanced, any more than Amaterasu and Cthulhu make Fire and Water unbalanced, since those builds revolve around a single character also. Fire without Amaterasu is even more fragile than Thunder.

The big question with the second Miracle ticket isn't so much the release date, but what characters it'll include. In the DMM version, the April Miracle ticket didn't include kamihime released in March. It's unclear whether Nutaku will follow the same strategy, but the December Miracle ticket included all kamihime released to date (unlike the DMM equivalent). My guess is that the DMM cash shop managers didn't want to cannibalize sales of regular Gatcha, so they excluded recent characters to encourage people to spend on both. Nutaku might or might not follow suit, but that requires them to notice the "opportunity".

Sanaru
02-26-2018, 05:45 AM
Hey there!

Since I don't want to start a new thread, i will necromance and hijack this one, since I got some good information out of it.

I started a few weeks ago with the game, got a decent reroll (2 SSR incl. Osiris as a healer and 4 or 5 SRs), so I went with it. Since Osiris and Blue Raphael both came with staffs, I looked for a Soul with staff and leveled to Solomon... thought, I got a healer... yes, I regret that now ;)
The levels were coming in and it went really smooth, but as I invested more time in the game and read some threads I was planning on reroll again since I lost so much points on the crapy soul. But then I got REALLY! lucky. With some Gachas from jewels and the tickets for the event I got 4 more SSR-Kamis, with Gaia as my Highlight! So, I started to level up Gaia to awaken her. But she is my lonely Wind-SSR, and here comes my question:

What would be the best soul to compliment a team with her (got Mordred since then) and what could be a next SSR-Kami for wind? I think, the last answers in this thread can help with my second question and SSR Cybele seems like a must have.
Would it be worth to level up a weapon grid with my budget wind-team? These are my SR-Wind-Kamis: Iblis, Ithaqua, Freja and Cybele (Story).

Edit: SSR-Kamis, I got:
Wind: Gaia
Water: Ea, Snow Angel Raphael
Light: Moonlight Maiden Tsukuyomi
Dark: Osiris, Nephthys

sanahtlig
02-26-2018, 06:34 AM
It sounds like you have a lot of SSR kamihime. You might want to list them all.

Sanaru
02-26-2018, 06:44 AM
Sure. I got:
Wind: Gaia
Water: Ea, Snow Angel Raphael
Light: Moonlight Maiden Tsukuyomi
Dark: Osiris, Nephthys

Thought, since I asked about wind, the others won't matter that much :)

sanahtlig
02-26-2018, 06:52 AM
You have starter teams for 4 different elements. I would roll 1-2 SSR kamihime Gatcha before using a Miracle ticket to commit to any of them. With luck you'll roll a second core SSR that will accelerate your progress towards a complete team by 4 months. Also wouldn't hurt to save some jewels and roll on SSR Cybele, Athirat, or Thanatos.

Sanaru
02-26-2018, 07:25 AM
Thanks for your advice. Since I saw, the next miracle ticket is in a month or two, I will save some jewels and go from there. Also give's me some time to think, if I would spend some money on this game, since I never played a browser game for a greater period of time. The SSR-Gacha isn't worth for me, cause I don't want to spend on a lottery :)