PDA

View Full Version : Pride weapons

blubbergott
02-11-2018, 10:22 AM
I've been looking around here and on the jp wiki, but didn't find anything about how pride weapons really work. From my understanding they just add assault depending on how much hp you have, but i couldn't find any detailed info on it, leaving me with the following questions:

1) How do the skill levels effect pride skills? Does it just scale the amount you get per missing HP (f.e. 2% assault for every missing 5% HP instead of 1%) or do the 20 levels just add flat 10% assault like it would be for normal assault weapons and the pride effect gets added on top of it regardless of skill leve?

2) Are any exact values known for it? How much assault gets added when they are at full HP, how much gets added for every missing percentage?

3) Do pride effects stack with each other the same way assault weapons do? I assume they do, just wanted to make sure.

Thanks in advance :)

Kureru
02-11-2018, 10:35 AM
the 20 levels just add flat 10% assault like it would be for normal assault weapons and the pride effect gets added on top of it regardless of skill leve?

Exactly like this

2) Are any exact values known for it? How much assault gets added when they are at full HP, how much gets added for every missing percentage?

0% at full health and an extra 1% for each 5% health missing.

Pride is identical to assault as far as stacking goes.

blubbergott
02-11-2018, 10:58 AM
alright, thanks :)

Slashley
02-11-2018, 11:01 AM
0% at full health and an extra 1% for each 5% health missing.Yup. So the breaking points are 85% HP for SR Assault, 70% HP for SSR Assault. Below that, it's just free damage.

Pride weapons are really good as long as you don't run 2+ healers. It's pointless if you're always above 85% HP after all.

Unregistered
02-11-2018, 01:15 PM
Pride Weapons are completely garbage if you have a functional team.
Their only function if you have an okay team is letting you use Souls you normally couldn't because you lacked those kind of weapon, but if most of your teams are as bad as Slashley's and you find yourself always on the low HP %'s then you might find moderate use for them for like two turns until you get decimated, at that point a minor increase in damage over a few turns until your Kamihime dies or you successfully heal; that falls short even to SR Assault weapon that gives you half the boost no matter what throughout the whole Battle

Kureru
02-11-2018, 01:27 PM
Their only function if you have an okay team is letting you use Souls you normally couldn't because you lacked those kind of weapon, but if most of your teams are as bad as Slashley's and you find yourself always on the low HP %'s then you might find moderate use for them for like two turns until you get decimated, at that point a minor increase in damage over a few turns until your Kamihime dies or you successfully heal; that falls short even to SR Assault weapon that gives you half the boost no matter what throughout the whole Battle

Try not to post your jokes here; unwise players might believe you.

LeCrestfallen
02-11-2018, 01:33 PM

balanced team does not include dual heal ~~ there are many teams that have some regen, or mitigation. Gaia and Joan are prime examples in a team. Or you go full ham without healer, which is a viable option with thunder/dark/fire. someone mentioned it above, 85% first breakpoint where it is better than sr weapon (excluding that most pride weapons have INSANE base stats), 70% is already reached once a boss uses some kind of aoe attack. and should your hime drop to low life, its not even a comparisson.

sanahtlig
02-11-2018, 01:55 PM
that falls short even to SR Assault weapon that gives you half the boost no matter what throughout the whole Battle
This is incorrect. A Pride SSR weapon typically increases damage over an SR Assault weapon, even at 100% HP. The 1-2% difference in base ATK compensates for the 3% increment in character ATK.

Unregistered
02-11-2018, 02:04 PM
Do you understand how retarded that you're saying actually is?
First: You don't need to have double healers to remain in the high 80%'s or higher during top tier Accessory Quests, High Level Demons or Ragnaroks, that being if your team is mildly decent for that matter, one healer is more than enough, and in some cases you won't even care for a healer since you're going for a quick kill and exactly that a quick kill.
In a team with a good composition that nets you stability and control which is what most teams should aim for Pride Weapons won't help you more than an Assault SR for the lack of time spent below 85% HP, also most of the time when you go below that it is because a mob or raid focused on one of your Kamihimes instead of attacking equally, at that point you might be doing moderate use of your crappy Pride Weapon with 1/5 Girls rather than doing solid damage with your entire party.
Furthermore if you go with a glass cannon formation, yes you will spend some time between the HP parameters that trigger the Pride Weapon but not much to even matter, that disregarding that on your first turns you dealt damage like a water gun, by the time you whole team would be getting the increase the raid will be dead, since that's what a glass cannon team does.

Also, raw numbers don't actually matter over high skill level...

So, are you using a Rainbow Grid with a Pride Weapon on it?
No wonder you complain about content being too hard for you.

sanahtlig
02-11-2018, 02:17 PM
You've got it backwards. Increments in character attack are more valuable at low levels of character attack. The more character attack you stack from Assault weapons, the less valuable it becomes, and the more relative gain you get from base stat increases. For a grid with +120% character attack, you're only seeing ~1.4% damage increase from a 3% increment of character attack. Whereas a gain of 1.5% base attack is exactly 1.5% more damage.

Slashley
02-11-2018, 02:18 PM
--
First: You don't need to have double healers to remain in the high 80%'s or higher during top tier Accessory Quests, --Before the Sol ner- err, the -50% Atk debuff cap, that somewhat held true.

Now though? Not at all.

Also, I hope you are aware that a slvl20 Pride weapon provides the same 10% at all times, regardless of your HP? Only the base portion of it changes depending on your HP. You seem very vehemently opposed to Pride weapons, which makes no sense unless one thinks of them being "all or nothing" type of things.

LeCrestfallen
02-11-2018, 02:23 PM
First: You don't need to have double healers to remain in the high 80%'s or higher during top tier Accessory Quests, High Level Demons or Ragnaroks, that being if your team is mildly decent for that matter, one healer is more than enough, and in some cases you won't even care for a healer since you're going for a quick kill and exactly that a quick kill.
In a team with a good composition that nets you stability and control which is what most teams should aim for Pride Weapons won't help you more than an Assault SR for the lack of time spent below 85% HP, also most of the time when you go below that it is because a mob or raid focused on one of your Kamihimes instead of attacking equally, at that point you might be doing moderate use of your crappy Pride Weapon with 1/5 Girls rather than doing solid damage with your entire party.
Furthermore if you go with a glass cannon formation, yes you will spend some time between the HP parameters that trigger the Pride Weapon but not much to even matter, that disregarding that on your first turns you dealt damage like a water gun, by the time you whole team would be getting the increase the raid will be dead, since that's what a glass cannon team does.

Also, raw numbers don't actually matter over high skill level...

Wow... way to shot yourself in the knee. You are free to do whatever you want, but don't spread this stuff in a forum where new players come and visit.
a raidboss does not need to focus a hime, he only needs to attack her once. Many have aoe attacks.
Also its nice that you mention ragnaroks and Acc4, since you will be at EXTREME low levels after one overdrive. Hell even the trash in the first waves got AoE attacks that affect every unit.

Also a mildly decent Grid will prevent me from dropping below 85% HP on the hardest content at the current time? Thats amazing! why do we even farm and improve weapon grids then if everything is so easy that you will never drop below certain thresholds....
Do you even realise how much you contradict yourself? To focus more on the mentioned harder content, Both accesorry quests and high level demons are not something that you finish quickly. The higher levels take a freaking Eternity. The harder the content the BETTER the pride weapons become, since those encounters are a challenge, they do damage, partly so devastating that you can be happy to survive with a fraction of HP.
Where pride weapon do not matter is stuff like simple weekly cave quests, disaster raids, or if your Grid is very good ultimate farming in advent battles.
Where they do matter is anything that stays alive longer than 3 turns or the first burst.

To quote someone:

Next point: Raw numbers don't actually matter over high skill level .... yeah. No they do. Simply because higher numbers mean more safety margin. This game has to much RNG in it to simply say you can compensate with skill. you can not compensate with skill if two debuffs miss despite having mordred debuff active and the himes wearing -afl accesorrys. You can not compensate if a boss decides to randomly double/tripple attack the same hime over and over again.
You can not say to the boss "attack everyone equally". You can not say "don't rage/overdrive". The game does not work this way!

Also as mentioned in the first post already: Almost all pride weapons have insanely high Base stats.... try to compensate this with SR weapons.

Edit: not having a rainbow grid, and don't have any issues with acc4, union battles, ragnarok advents or whatever. I get all challenges done that they are currently throwing at us.

OtherGuy02
02-11-2018, 05:46 PM
Also its nice that you mention ragnaroks and Acc4, since you will be at EXTREME low levels after one overdrive. Hell even the trash in the first waves got AoE attacks that affect every unit.

Amen to that. I dunno about everyone else but for me, when it comes down to doing the Acc4 quests its the 3 trash on stage 1 that are the hardest part! :S
Using my light team I can out-heal the damage that the bosses in stage 2 and 3 do to me from normal attacks and non-rage overdrives thanks to the heavy atk-down debuff rotation I have in it while coupled with Gaia's 2 "blocking" abilities. I mean it takes about 30-40 minutes to do the quest depending on what elements I go against but I can do it with no pot used so long as, like LeCrestfallen mentions, none of them decided to spam out combo attacks or tunnel-vision one person.

The pride weapon helps alot against the trash as since it takes a fair few turns to put even one of them down theres a lot of random damage being thrown about, especially when they start overdriving.
I can easily see them being a god send too for fire, maybe wind (depending what characters you use), thunder and dark teams as there is so little cross-healing for them to keep them up at higher hp levels. My fire team especially suffers this as other than the soul I use and Brynhildr they are just pure dps with no healing and no way to debuff the enemy's atk so they take a lot of damage with only a small heal every so often to help recover it outside of enemy dropped pots.

Ikki
02-11-2018, 09:10 PM
Maxed pride weapons with the stats+ maxed skill lvl are better than most maxed SR assaults (SSR assaults are still better for now), not to mention that in the future all union pride weapons (not raid pride weapons) get flb, so that makes most of them a must (obv they rekt SR assaults at this point), so yeah, in the end pride weapons are worth, not better than assault SSRs for now, but good enough, dont spread missinfo specially since you cant prove anything you say (i bet you dont even hit dmg cap yet lul).

Slashley
02-12-2018, 12:36 AM
-- (i bet you dont even hit dmg cap yet lul).Damage cap on what? Skills? I don't think most skill damage caps can be reached yet with our equips, unless you have Kirin/Belial and use another one from Friendlist. And having Kirin/Belial is hardly a matter of skill.

I think the only damage cap I've reached is Pumpkin Artemis' nuke, but I need to be using Kirin against Water element to hit that. Don't even come close otherwise.

Ikki
02-12-2018, 12:42 AM
Damage cap on what? Skills? I don't think most skill damage caps can be reached yet with our equips, unless you have Kirin/Belial and use another one from Friendlist. And having Kirin/Belial is hardly a matter of skill.

I think the only damage cap I've reached is Pumpkin Artemis' nuke, but I need to be using Kirin against Water element to hit that. Don't even come close otherwise.

dmg cap as in 1M burst dmg, thats the dmg cap, the others are just skill caps, like hercules capped at 600k i think etc.

Slashley
02-12-2018, 08:47 AM
dmg cap as in 1M burst dmg, thats the dmg cap--... burst damage cap, yes.

But, good sir, please do tell me how are we supposed to reach this damage cap? Since with -45% Def (Ambush, Yamaraja, Wrath bow, so Soul got only -35%), 205% Elem attack (100 Belial, 45 Fafnir, 45 elemental advantage, 15 Yamaraja), 200% character attack (100 Union, 90 weapon Assault, 10 Brynhildr) and 150% bonus burst damage only gets me to 4.7m. That's what, 3.1m from 5 characters and 1.5m burst bonus? No, wait, the burst is a bigger proportion due to elemental advantage kicking in... gah!

ANYWAY. I'm not even close to the 1m cap even with Union buffs. Not sure how hard Ares and Acala hit, possibly for 700k, but still a long, long cry from reaching 1m. Sure there was lots of space for improvement, but nothing outside of my own Belial would get me close to that.

Sooooo yeah. How are we supposed to reach the burst damage cap again...?

sanahtlig
02-12-2018, 11:11 AM
Isn't the 1mil cap for an individual character's Burst (assuming no abilities that raise the cap)?

Asti
02-12-2018, 11:25 AM
Isn't the 1mil cap for an individual character's Burst (assuming no abilities that raise the cap)?

Yes otherwise everyone would ยด only hit 1 Million Burst Damage in Uni Events

th3 fr4gil3
02-12-2018, 12:30 PM
wonder how much money this whale troll spent on his uber team. also their attitude sucks.

Slashley
02-12-2018, 12:32 PM
Isn't the 1mil cap for an individual character's Burst (assuming no abilities that raise the cap)?Should be, so 7.5m for full burst. I barely got halfway with that. No idea how to realistically go the rest of the way with current things.

sanahtlig
02-12-2018, 02:32 PM
Siegfried with 2x Belial, -50% DEF down, maxed Assault, +30% character ATK from Svarog, Union ATK and Burst buffs, and elemental advantage might be able to hit 1 million damage. But... what's the point in setting up the perfect scenario just to see your damage nerfed? I'm not sure what this proves. It's certainly not a necessary or sufficient condition to clear content or understand mechanics.

Slashley
02-12-2018, 02:37 PM
... but think of the fun!

And yeah, the Stun boost characters could hit it... that's true. I'll have to try that on Sloth!

Unregistered
02-12-2018, 03:38 PM
Yea, it'll have to be through the stun boosters. If they can't do it, no one can.

The fun question is, any particular reason why water Freya's buff raises that soft cap by the amounts it does (+250k/+400k)? I'm curious about what it takes to hit that area of 'another 250k isn't enough! But 400k is more than enough room!'. Nevermind what it takes to ram into the 1.4 million soft cap :P

blubbergott
02-12-2018, 04:09 PM
Is that cap still implemented on DMM / what skills can raise it? I'm curious since there's a video of a 10.7m burst outside of crucible with over an 1.5m individual burst and i didn't really find any skills description that would raise it.

Unregistered
02-12-2018, 04:35 PM
It should still be on DMM; the wiki doesn't say anything about the cap going away.
The water variant of Freya can raise it. She's the only example I know of off the top of my head, but I haven't looked through everybody yet.

Note that it's a soft cap, not a hard cap. So it doesn't flat out prevent damage going over a certain number. But any excessive damage over the cap gets reduced to 10%. So a 1.5 million individual burst indicates 1 million + 500k*10 = 6 million raw damage without any cap raising buffs. With +400k to cap from water Freya's skill (powered version; base is +250k), then 1.5 million damage would indicate 1.4 million + 100k*10 = 2.4 million raw damage.