PDA

View Full Version : This game is getting worse and not better

zelldeb
02-12-2018, 01:02 PM
I started playing Harem Heroes in March of last year. In one Nutaku survey I even rated it as my favorite game on their site. This is however quickly becoming not the case any longer. I am even seriously considering stopping playing this game because of recent updates making it worse.

With each successive update recently the game is harder to play, the rewards are less and the cost of new items is higher. It seems to me that if you want to keep existing players and continue to acquire new ones you wouldn't want to make the game more difficult and slower moving. I personally was originally attracted to this game over most of the others on Nutaku's site because of its simplicity. It I want complicated puzzles and difficult combat scenarios I will play a traditional game. If I'm playing a hentai game I want to do as little work as possible to be able to see titties and that is pretty much all.

In my search for this forum, or any other reference to Harem Heroes off of the Nutaku web site, which I should mention wasn't entirely easy to find, I discovered an article written in September of 2017 which stated that Nutaku had said "All affiliates were asked to stop promoting the game. This game is still playable on Nutaku’s website."

:// hentaireviews.moe/2017/09/12/breaking-news-harem-heroes-sucked-cock-till-the-end/

Many of the things the author of this article said he didn't like about this game I disagree with, I mainly bring it up because that is about the time updates began to appear much more frequently than I had seen them before.

In my opinion except for the new profile where you can display your favorite girls, which I quite like actually, every other recent update has made this game worse and not better. I don't know if the developers of this game think that by making it more difficult and slower to play it will attract players away from Nutaku's other games, but I do know it will make existing players leave if they keep at the path we are currently on.

I'm sure there are both those who will agree as well as those who will disagree with my sentiments. But as someone who likes the game and would hate to see it swept into the ashes of past games I thought I would add my 2 gold pieces.

thanks

zelldeb

Unregistered
02-12-2018, 06:59 PM
i thought being able to change MC's specialty is something people have been asking for?
personally I like the game but I just started playing not too long ago, so I don't know how good the game was before.
I thought this game's progression was always slow but maybe there was a time it wasn't

I don't like how Devs decreased the number of tries for fighting bosses for the girls and decreased income that arrived with the change.
but ability to change specialty is something we should give the dev's credit for doing what the community have been asking for.

Tyruss
02-12-2018, 07:21 PM
Well I am not that much happy about new income from bosses. But it should give you the same or even more money when you max them (which should be in two or three weeks which isnt that much in a long run). What I want to see is how it will work with new boss. But its not all that bad. They didnt decrease the number of tries that much since now you need only 1 energy and not 2 like before and the longer timing give you a chance to get some sleep and still not waste any (and they rised the chance to get girls so you can get them with the same chance as before). And dont forget that this is only first (we did get patchnotes for second) patch from 4 that are planned (one big change that was separeted in 4 smaller patches) so lets wait so we can see how it look like when its all done. Other thing that I am not happy about is green affection items in shop but that should be fixed by second patch soon. But nothing that crazy that would make me stop playing the game for now. We got better affection items in shop, now we get better XP items too. Giving XP to girls that you dont use in battles now have some small meaning too. Affection costs for 4th and 5th stars got a cap too so it will not get too much crazy (well 35k affection to get Samana from 4th to 5th star IS crazy but you can do it if you try ... I am in the middle and going strong). Oh and now we can drop some nice items from missions and gifts from PvP so that helps too.

SamRei
02-13-2018, 04:35 AM
Every change seems to push the game into the wrong direction, they give us 5 stars but make them far too expensive, maybe they hoped for higher koban sales that way?

They reduced our income with the last change, don't know if it will even out after a while, but for now, it's terrible.

I can't get anywhere in that TOF, since I don't get much mojo now. That technically doesn't matter, but it's still a bit of a downer.

Unregistered
02-13-2018, 07:00 AM
Every change seems to push the game into the wrong direction, they give us 5 stars but make them far too expensive, maybe they hoped for higher koban sales that way?

They reduced our income with the last change, don't know if it will even out after a while, but for now, it's terrible.

I can't get anywhere in that TOF, since I don't get much mojo now. That technically doesn't matter, but it's still a bit of a downer.

Same. I'm lvl 182 and still stuck in the 14k ranks because I ignored it until the recent patch. Half the wins don't even give mojo and even when you get it it feels like you barely move. I know it's still new but the other rewards and money is so little it just makes it all feel kinda meaningless to keep the game open on a tab just to check here and there through the day.

wthvr
02-13-2018, 10:16 AM

for me pvp was always a huge source of XP, now they shafted XP gains by over 50% and made it unreliable aswell - trolls only gave money and money gave you.. well more money, so I always found the value of arena for XP much better as levels gave you actual stats and excess to better items

Tyruss
02-13-2018, 02:51 PM
You know that you can still fight more by using tower right? And if you fight higher oponents it should give you more mojo (not sure if it works like that or is just planned for this series of patches)

wthvr
02-13-2018, 02:59 PM
You know that you can still fight more by using tower right? And if you fight higher oponents it should give you more mojo (not sure if it works like that or is just planned for this series of patches)

you could always use your energy to fight in the tower for max mojo - but there literally is no point to it, because you decrease your 'energy-income' to literally 0 and dont get any items or XP either - it is equivalent to tell a 'pve' player to grind dark lord and level him up

sniddy
02-13-2018, 04:36 PM
I'm happy with the 20 energy 1 per fight thing that works better for me a 2x log in a day kinda player

But the cost to upgrade and the stupid nickle and dimeing of 2 kobans to auto collect that irks me, that's a make task and thats BS

Tyruss
02-13-2018, 06:26 PM
Well I dont mind 2 kobans for collect all since I pay for monthly card (and you have to work or pay them something ... they need to make some money on this too and this is better then if they locked all girls behind paywall like lot of other games) but the cost/income is big problem for me too. I can upgrade my girls but the time it takes is so long and boring that it makes me crazy

thatoneguyfromwork
02-13-2018, 10:16 PM
Yeah the girl upgrading process is just crazy. I don't feel like I make any progress for weeks, it's hard to stay interested. I feel like soon my time is going to come where I don't even bother logging in...kind of sad but I'm almost through the story and that's when I quit before.

Unregistered
02-14-2018, 05:41 AM
My problem with the upgrading is that I'm literally getting girls faster than I can upgrade them. I'm not sending a dime either. I was close to catching up then this new update tanked it. Now I'm way behind again. I haven't started trying to get girls to 5 star because I have a bunch of 3 stars left. It's more beneficial to max them out first, but I can't catch up.

Basically you get 2 weeks a month of lull to grind before getting new girls in an event. The events kill the cash flow because you have to fight low bosses to get the event girls. Maybe at max level it will be better, but it will take weeks to max them out and then get back the money lost. Finalmecia starts at half what she was paying. It discourages me from playing when I feel like it's going to be impossible to ever catch up. I realize I'm still making progress because I am maxing out girls which gives me more money, but I hate that endless grind feeling.

wthvr
02-14-2018, 09:29 AM
I realize I'm still making progress because I am maxing out girls which gives me more money, but I hate that endless grind feeling.
that actually is a common misconception as affection and upgrade cost increases with increasing number of girls as well (well unless you have 100+ girls), to simply get even - moneywise - with what you have to spend to upgrade a girl it takes month-years (depending on affection level and girl), unless you have 100 girls you dont actually speed up the upgrading process for said reasons as a single girl does not add much towards your total income (~1.3k/h, which translates to maybe 13k/day if you are pretty active - 390k/month, 4.7kk/year - that is not even what you paid for 10k affection+upgrade costs)
maybe you do speed it up, but if you do it is literally not noticeable

sniddy
02-18-2018, 04:52 AM
So - I know have all farmable girls ....

I really don't know if I'll carry on with game as levelling them all now seems about as fun as tooth extraction

wthvr
02-18-2018, 12:30 PM
So - I know have all farmable girls ....

I really don't know if I'll carry on with game as levelling them all now seems about as fun as tooth extraction

since they changed affection this game has become a grind to catch up game. before 2.0 you literally could upgrade every girl to max as soon as you got them and the limiting factor where the levels as XP items were low value. with 2.0 I think there was a single moment were I had everything max'd, but since they throw out 5 star girls frequently it is impossible as I am barely able to keep up with all new and revival events - I basically stack up affection items inbetween events and most of it will be gone with the next event so I can upgrade like one girl from 3-4 or 4-5

Unregistered
02-24-2018, 09:53 AM
I don't mind the grind so much. Every game I've ever quit that had this collecting mechanic was because the events came so fast that it became impossible to keep up. I'd advise admin to slow them down. We don't need a full 2 week event every month or these extra week long events.

Once the player base starts to burn out the game quickly dies. Since 2.0 that feeling of burn out began creeping in pretty quickly.

Slow down the frequency of events slightly and it will strengthen the game. The players need to feel like they are accomplishing something and right now it doesn't feel that way. I can't upgrade my girls fast enough.

Unregistered
02-24-2018, 10:04 AM
lol some guys are complaining that they have too many girls to keep up the upgrades and some are complaining that the girls are not dropping from the bosses and the drop rate should go up.
slowing down the frequency of events and decreasing drop rate would worsen the playing experience since getting girls is part of game progress. so less girl drop mean less feeling of "accomplishment" from playing the game.
better alternative would be to decrease the cost of girl upgrades

Unregistered
02-24-2018, 01:14 PM
I remember when people were complaining there weren't enough events. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Bigshow71
02-24-2018, 10:22 PM
I remember when people were complaining there weren't enough events. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Personally, I like the "revival events", it allows those of us who weren't playing from the beginning a chance to catch up on some of the out of circulation Haremettes. Sure, it takes a bit longer to level the girls (and their affection) up, but it really does seem to be a bit better than pre-HH 2.0, overall.

Unregistered
02-25-2018, 09:40 AM
I don't mind the drop rate, that's par for the course. I would like a breather between events because you lose a huge amount of money during events from having to fight early bosses for event girls. I would be fine with a month where there was only a revival event or even a no event month. Not often, just every once in a while.

I enjoyed this game before 2.0 because it was relatively easy to upgrade girls and unlock their full scenes. Now it's super hard. I don't mind it being harder, but currently it's a bit ridiculous.

Unregistered
02-25-2018, 12:04 PM
For me its the girl drop rate changes that piss me off. The Valentine Revival event is going to be the first event where i don't grind out the 'free" girls even though i have literally been farming them on my energy respawn. I have not let a single minute go to waste for my energy and I still have only 1 out of the 2 girls.

They touted that it was going to be easier with you getting an increased drop rate as you fight but this is honestly BS. For an event that lasts 7 days I should not be expected to have a drop rate of 1 in 500 fights.

The new updates are making the game shittier and shittier.

Their first "new season" update with the changes to affection and Harem earnings made leveling girls up SO SO SO much worse. My income got cut in half and the amount of money required to level up girls went up tenfold. Now with this the girl drops are even harder to get. I understand a game has to make money but its getting to the point that being F2P is just pointless because you won't get anywhere.

I like the events but make the drops reasonable to obtain if you hardcore play the event during the time period. I should not be missing girl drops if I have fought the bosses LITERALLY every minute that I had the energy to do so.

Unregistered
02-25-2018, 08:25 PM
I have been playing since a long time ago; dropped the game for some time because couldn't find time for it, and came back some months ago. Since they made the changes to the drop rate (individual drop rate to overall droprate), the Valentine Harem Revival will be the first time I wasn't able to get both Haremettes.

To put it into perspective; every single event since I came back, I have been able to farm the girls in the first two to three days. Now, this one I almost didn't get one, and one hour before the day resets, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get Abrael.

Another things that disgusts me beyond belief is that since 2.0, leveling up girls is just straight garbage. I'm one of those people with 60+ girls, but it's just unreasonable that every single girl asks me 1.2M+ for their third upgrade. I just can't farm reliably all that money + the money for affection items + the other levels. And don't get me started on 5 star girls. I was able to upgrade the first four due to stockpiling money and gifts before the version upgrade kicked in, but after that the only girl I was able to 5 star was Ankyo.

As such, right now I'm sitting on three two starred girls that I still hace to grind to be able to three-star, plus Samane, Noemy and Abrael to get to 5 star. The current state of the game is just a complete mess, and I would pretty much appreciate that they stop doing story and fix these problems; or at least make a rollback.

Just thinking of quitting the game and go waste my time somewhere else; I can see the titties somewhere else without all this work.

A Brazilian guy
03-06-2018, 07:50 AM
I personally love the game, all the references and the world, but since they changed the affection system has worsened the progression of the game. in the old days the hardest thing to do was to get the girls from the bosses but once you get at least one girl it would be easy to upgrade her and go to the next one, but now I have like 13 girls with only 1 star and 3 with 4 stars and now I get more girls than I have time to upgrade the last one to 2 stars and Im not complaining about the events or the drop rates for girls actually, they are what keep me playing.

The change that I would suggest is: The legendary items are too rare in the market, and even so they dont actually help that much since you need a lot A LOT of them and for the affection they give they could be more commom and less expensive since you get less income now too. Even so I'm not sure if this is going to be enough because the old system was so much faster and rewarding.

Ok, sorry for my english I know that probably I wrote a lot of wrong words :B

And for the Devs speacially, I love your game, I just dont spend all my money in it because I live Brazil and I dont have an international credit card haha, but some things that I loved in your game are changing and Im personally not liking the way they are going so Im giving my feedback, buuut Im not a developer im just a player and if you guys really think thats the way your game need to go to stay a thing I wont judge :P