PDA

View Full Version : Girl drops with new system

vem
02-14-2018, 12:29 PM
Didn't they mention that (1) drop rates should increase with boss level, and (2) bosses should have a separate pity timer?

I'm only missing two girls from Gruntt, and I've already farmed him to level 70, still no dice.

Unregistered
02-14-2018, 12:45 PM
Didn't they mention that (1) drop rates should increase with boss level, and (2) bosses should have a separate pity timer?

I'm only missing two girls from Gruntt, and I've already farmed him to level 70, still no dice.

It took me between 350 and 400 tries to finally get Zoe from Finalmecia after the patch last week. I actually think I was lucky. You're already up to at least 352 battles, so just keep going. You're likely to get the drop soon. No 100% guarantee, though. Each boss having their own drop rate counter is still tons better than the whole game sharing one.

sniddy
02-14-2018, 03:00 PM
Tok me something like 300 fights before and 200 after to get the last ninja girl - getting the last Mario princess and then I THINK I have all the farm-able girls

Unregistered
02-14-2018, 05:13 PM
glad to know that i'm not the only one not getting any girls to drop from bosses since the update
i was starting to think it was bugged

XiliX
02-24-2018, 05:17 PM
Just think, not it takes 3x as long to get those 400 fights! :rofl:

vem
02-24-2018, 06:46 PM
1.5x, not 3x - you need one point instead of two now.

I got one girl from him at least - been fighting him non-stop except to get event girl drops. Still waiting for the second one.

wthvr
02-25-2018, 01:46 AM
glad to know that i'm not the only one not getting any girls to drop from bosses since the update
i was starting to think it was bugged

I started with finalmedica at level 90 and am at level 227 now. nearly 700 fights without a drop

Unregistered
02-25-2018, 03:59 AM
I started with finalmedica at level 90 and am at level 227 now. nearly 700 fights without a drop

damn that's some bad luck or mb this is to be expected now?
the devs said boss fights without girl drops would increase their chance of dropping in subsequent fights with the same boss, really wish that they would make this more visible, like with a counter or sth that say "x number of fights were fought without drop and now current chance of drop increased to Y percent".

SamRei
02-25-2018, 07:18 AM
The bosses also drop presents, I sure hope that doesn't reset the pitty timer, even the devs of this game can't be that rotten

Unregistered
02-25-2018, 12:29 PM
You really think the Devs of THIS game wouldn't be THAT rotten? Remember they added rares/commons back to the shop because just a few people complained about wasting a couple of affection points. The...

Unregistered
02-26-2018, 01:43 AM
You really think the Devs of THIS game wouldn't be THAT rotten? Remember they added rares/commons back to the shop because just a few people complained about wasting a couple of affection points. The update was resended, but still...

We talk about the dev that rolled-back the common/rare gift thing because more than a few people complained about wasting some time? They're so bad indeed.
We talk about the same dev team that gives more free "hard currency" per day than any of its competitors?

The drop rate was so bad for this event for Val Abrael

Yes, they rigged the drop rate for you :) Several players got her on the first day of the revival event. In fact, some players even got both girl in the first day. Most players I saw got both girl during the length of the event.
So... Did they rig the drop rate? Or you just draw conclusion over the result of a single-user sample? I wonder...

Unregistered
02-26-2018, 06:46 AM
I spent the entire event trying to get Val Red, and after some 400+ battles, nothing. All the while, I have over 1000 battles into Finalmecia over the last few months, all for one girl, and still...

Unregistered
02-26-2018, 08:32 AM
We talk about the dev that rolled-back the common/rare gift thing because more than a few people complained about wasting some time? They're so bad indeed.
We talk about the same dev team that gives more free "hard currency" per day than any of its competitors?

Yes, they rigged the drop rate for you :) Several players got her on the first day of the revival event. In fact, some players even got both girl in the first day. Most players I saw got both girl during the length of the event.
So... Did they rig the drop rate? Or you just draw conclusion over the result of a single-user sample? I wonder...

The primary concern of any devs of any game is only to make money. They only care about pleasing the players IF there is a chance that some game change will severely cut into their player base. If the devs cared about the players, they wouldn't have made the change to the shop in the first place. Then they wouldn't have had to change it back at all. That's like them shooting you in the leg, but then justifying it later by paying your hospital bill for the treatment. Why would you be on the Dev's side anyway? Besides, if you are speaking on behalf of the Devs so much, do you secretly work for them or something? LOL

Also, I doubt you know most of the players in the game. "Most you saw..." doesn't mean that is some huge sample base, either. So are you basing the fact that since a few people you know of were lucky enough to get both girls in just a few tries, means that everyone should been able to repeat those results as well? I wonder...

The drop rate for Val Abrael was bad, FOR ME, just like the drop rate for Val Red Battler was bad for another poster, but not Val Abrael. If you are versed in English at all, you'd have know there was an understood FOR ME in that sentence. Implying anything else and then being sarcastic about it, just shows your ignorance at using the English language.

The point was, that the drop rate in THIS event was worse for a lot of people, including myself. I've always managed to get the boss girls in every event, normal and revival. But starting with this event, I wouldn't have been able to get a girl without recharging my combativity quite a few times. That was the whole point of my post, so sorry you missed it. There has been a definite change to drop rate chances now that bosses have their own counter and ever since those heavy modifications to combativity.

Unregistered
02-26-2018, 10:52 AM
Then they wouldn't have had to change it back at all. That's like them shooting you in the leg, but then justifying it later by paying your hospital bill for the treatment.
I think it's more like realizing they made a mistake after listening to playerbase and fixing the problem. Your analogy doesn't make much sense.

Why would you be on the Dev's side anyway? Besides, if you are speaking on behalf of the Devs so much, do you secretly work for them or something? LOL
Yes, "LOL". Such silly comment! :D
I don't especially take side for the dev. They do some things i dislike like adding too many perma pachinko girls or not giving a definitive solution to affection issue. And I let them know when it happens.
But the girl drop in the new system is clearly not a real issue. Only for those who had bad luck and think they are center of the world.

Also, I doubt you know most of the players in the game. "Most you saw..." doesn't mean that is some huge sample base, either. So are you basing the fact that since a few people you know of were lucky enough to get both girls in just a few tries, means that everyone should been able to repeat those results as well? I wonder...
I have no doubt that I know more players and have a better vision of the overall player base than you, though. I closely follow 2 of the 3 official discords, as well as the 2 official forums (this forum here is not one of these official forums). So, yes, I dare to say that I have a global enough perception of the situation.
But feel free to correct my assumption if I'm wrong.

The drop rate for Val Abrael was bad, FOR ME, just like the drop rate for Val Red Battler was bad for another poster, but not Val Abrael. If you are versed in English at all, you'd have know there was an understood FOR ME in that sentence. Implying anything else and then being sarcastic about it, just shows your ignorance at using the English language.
Oh please, forgive me, I didn't have the luck to receive a good enough education. I'm from a poor non native speaking country :(

The point was, that the drop rate in THIS event was worse for a lot of people, including myself. I've always managed to get the boss girls in every event, normal and revival. But starting with this event, I wouldn't have been able to get a girl without recharging my combativity quite a few times. That was the whole point of my post, so sorry you missed it. There has been a definite change to drop rate chances now that bosses have their own counter and ever since those heavy modifications to combativity.
In the other hand, I can quote people from the discord and forum asking if the drop rate had not been raised, because they got both revival event girl in the first 2 days...
So, i'm of the opinion that the problem lies with too many people not understanding that with RNG and probability, a sample of 1 (or even 10) is not enough to build an accurate picture of the reality, and thus deceive themselves.
Also, it's a social fact that unsatisfied people are more prone to voice their unhappiness while satisfied people just stay quiet. It contributes to build a biased perception of reality.
Oh, and the boss counter is not taken into account when it comes to event girls. But this, I assume you already knew about it, already. It's common knowledge once you know the game a little bit.

Unregistered
02-26-2018, 01:00 PM
I think it's more like realizing they made a mistake after listening to playerbase and fixing the problem. Your analogy doesn't make much sense.

Yes, "LOL". Such silly comment! :D
I don't especially take side for the dev. They do some things i dislike like adding too many perma pachinko girls or not giving a definitive solution to affection issue. And I let them know when it happens.
But the girl drop in the new system is clearly not a real issue. Only for those who had bad luck and think they are center of the world.

I have no doubt that I know more players and have a better vision of the overall player base than you, though. I closely follow 2 of the 3 official discords, as well as the 2 official forums (this forum here is not one of these official forums). So, yes, I dare to say that I have a global enough perception of the situation.
But feel free to correct my assumption if I'm wrong.

Oh please, forgive me, I didn't have the luck to receive a good enough education. I'm from a poor non native speaking country :(

In the other hand, I can quote people from the discord and forum asking if the drop rate had not been raised, because they got both revival event girl in the first 2 days...
So, i'm of the opinion that the problem lies with too many people not understanding that with RNG and probability, a sample of 1 (or even 10) is not enough to build an accurate picture of the reality, and thus deceive themselves.
Also, it's a social fact that unsatisfied people are more prone to voice their unhappiness while satisfied people just stay quiet. It contributes to build a biased perception of reality.
Oh, and the boss counter is not taken into account when it comes to event girls. But this, I assume you already knew about it, already. It's common knowledge once you know the game a little bit.

I have neither the time nor the patience to sit here and respond to every rebuttal you're going to continue to make to every comment I make. It is a sign of immaturity and low self esteem when you practice in such activity, especially in some random online forum.

But I will correct one thing. I never said the current drop system affected event girls, just that there has been a definite change to drop rate chances since the change to the boss counter system and combativity. Event girls never was mentioned specifically in that sentence, or after.

Unregistered
02-26-2018, 10:06 PM
I have neither the time nor the patience to sit here and respond to every rebuttal you're going to continue to make to every comment I make. It is a sign of immaturity and low self esteem when you practice in such activity, especially in some random online forum.

But I will correct one thing. I never said the current drop system affected event girls, just that there has been a definite change to drop rate chances since the change to the boss counter system and combativity. Event girls never was mentioned specifically in that sentence, or after.

Good on you, he is a pretty clear dev apologist.

Unregistered
02-26-2018, 11:54 PM

I guess he also thinks a forum where the developer himself (or herself - don't know, don't care), posts news and updates to the game, isn't an "official forum", either. I'm not sure what "official" would actually be, to him.

Unregistered
02-26-2018, 11:55 PM

Ahah, if i'm a dev apologist (which i'm not since I have my own complains about the game), that would make you just another random hater, then ^_^

nicktwine
02-27-2018, 08:51 PM
Well...

My experience is that before the big change, I had been farming Silvanus for a whole lot of fights, with 2 girls left to drop... I heard that the recent fights without girl dropping would spread out among the world bosses, so I got exited because I also have a farm-able girl waiting on Ninja Village and one on Grunt...

And then the change came...

I kept farming on Silvanus (unless to get the event girl). Now silvanus is capped at level 170, I got the Val Abrael (already had Val Red Battler), then kept farming silvanus. Never let the combativity reach 20, always fighting silvanus. Farmed him so much I think he is dry in the bones. Still no girls dropping...

I almost feel like farming another... Maybe it will "unclog" him... But the developers said that the bosses now work independently with their own drop rates... So I keep fighting the skull-man... Hoping to see Leeditt or Queen Titania someday...

wthvr
02-28-2018, 03:01 AM
Well...

My experience is that before the big change, I had been farming Silvanus for a whole lot of fights, with 2 girls left to drop... I heard that the recent fights without girl dropping would spread out among the world bosses, so I got exited because I also have a farm-able girl waiting on Ninja Village and one on Grunt...

I kept farming on Silvanus (unless to get the event girl). Now silvanus is capped at level 170, I got the Val Abrael (already had Val Red Battler), then kept farming silvanus. Never let the combativity reach 20, always fighting silvanus. Farmed him so much I think he is dry in the bones. Still no girls dropping...

I almost feel like farming another... Maybe it will "unclog" him... But the developers said that the bosses now work independently with their own drop rates... So I keep fighting the skull-man... Hoping to see Leeditt or Queen Titania someday...

similar experience with the new droprate. I started finalmedica at level 90 and will get her to max level 260 today - did not get the last girl, in over 800 tries (actually it is close to 850 tries without a drop)

Unregistered
02-28-2018, 03:26 AM
Well...

One element to take into account is that for each fight against a boss for which you don't drop a girl, the drop rate is incremented. And that increment is function of the boss you fight. Dark Lord increments more than Silvanus.
So, yes, a mix of bad luck and lower increment rate can realisticly explains why you didn't drop yet.
For what it's worth, someone on discord dropped 3 boss girls in same day last monday (without using kobans). So, yes, it drops. But as with everything RNG based, it might be very quick or take some time.

Unregistered
03-01-2018, 06:07 AM
I had been trying to get the final Ninja girl for like forever and after the 2.0 update she finally dropped. Think it works fine. The increment that the chance goes up is miniscule each time they don't drop and it's still a chance.

Unregistered
03-07-2018, 11:38 AM
One element to take into account is that for each fight against a boss for which you don't drop a girl, the drop rate is incremented. And that increment is function of the boss you fight. Dark Lord increments more than Silvanus.
So, yes, a mix of bad luck and lower increment rate can realisticly explains why you didn't drop yet.
For what it's worth, someone on discord dropped 3 boss girls in same day last monday (without using kobans). So, yes, it drops. But as with everything RNG based, it might be very quick or take some time.

But isn't that what they were "trying to avoid" with incremental increases in drop rates after not dropping for a while. I have 1 girl left for Silvanus and I have maxed him out and still no drops. Not to mention I hit about 200 battles with him before that with that same girl left and still nothing. RNG is fine, but I shouldn't have to do 1000 battles to get one girl. That's just retarded.

Unregistered
03-08-2018, 07:00 AM
damn, i've been farming non-stop at the Gruntt to get Nicole sine the event started, it dropped me Miss spook and Regine. got nothing against these ladies but shouldn't the drop rate of event girl be higher than normal farmable girls? so ended up doing epic pachinko to try my luck for event girls and got 4 shit items lol.

Unregistered
03-08-2018, 10:00 AM
damn, i've been farming non-stop at the Gruntt to get Nicole sine the event started, it dropped me Miss spook and Regine. got nothing against these ladies but shouldn't the drop rate of event girl be higher than normal farmable girls? so ended up doing epic pachinko to try my luck for event girls and got 4 shit items lol.

"shouldn't the drop rate of event girl be higher than normal farmable girls?"
It's only partially true. It was entirely true until the end of August, when the drop rate for event girl was 3 times higher then drop rate for normal girl.
But now, with each new battle where you drop no girl, the drop rate for normal girl increase. While the drop rate for event girl stays flat.
So, there are many situations where the drop rate for event girl is below the rate for "normal" girl.

Only thing we know today about the event girl drop rate is that it's equal to "3X x Y", where X is the pre-rebalance drop rate for normal girl and Y a multiplicator added few weeks ago to compensate for the reduced number of troll battle per day. Of course the values for X and Y are unknown by the community.

Most importantly, it's all RNG based, so rare occurence can happen where you drop 2 normal girls in quick succession and no event girl. After all, your situation could happen even if the event girl drop rate was effectively 3 times higher.

Unregistered
03-08-2018, 12:17 PM
I feel my biggest gripe with their system is that NOBODY knows what the actual percentage drop rates are and by how much percent does each increment increase the overall drop rate.

Like if a drop rate starts out at 0.1% and then goes up by 0.01% every time you fail I could understand. Like "oh, i had a 0.1% chance of getting her, I did 100 failed battles, now I have a 1.1% chance of getting her", that way even if i fail i fail knowing that i only had 1.1% chance anyways so it seems more understandable to me.

Just release the drop rates for girls for each rival and release the amount that each no-drop battle increases the drop percentage.

If I do 700 battle I assume with the new system that my drop rate should be 75% or something. I want to know if in actually its only 7%.

Even then at 7% i should be hitting the girl in 20 battles, but still.

Unregistered
03-09-2018, 07:28 AM
Even then at 7% i should be hitting the girl in 20 battles, but still.

That's not how probability works, though. Even with a 99,99% drop rate, there's still a very small chance to not get a girl in 20 battles.

What you really want is a ceiling, like for example a 100% guaranteed girl drop after 1000 battles or something.

Unregistered
03-09-2018, 10:21 AM
"shouldn't the drop rate of event girl be higher than normal farmable girls?"
It's only partially true. It was entirely true until the end of August, when the drop rate for event girl was 3 times higher then drop rate for normal girl.
But now, with each new battle where you drop no girl, the drop rate for normal girl increase. While the drop rate for event girl stays flat.
So, there are many situations where the drop rate for event girl is below the rate for "normal" girl.

Only thing we know today about the event girl drop rate is that it's equal to "3X x Y", where X is the pre-rebalance drop rate for normal girl and Y a multiplicator added few weeks ago to compensate for the reduced number of troll battle per day. Of course the values for X and Y are unknown by the community.

Most importantly, it's all RNG based, so rare occurence can happen where you drop 2 normal girls in quick succession and no event girl. After all, your situation could happen even if the event girl drop rate was effectively 3 times higher.

thanks man, for the clear cut explanation! It would be nice if the community got to know the "X" and "Y", it would make fights without girl dropping feel more like achieving towards a goal.

Unregistered
03-09-2018, 01:54 PM
thanks man, for the clear cut explanation! It would be nice if the community got to know the "X" and "Y", it would make fights without girl dropping feel more like achieving towards a goal.

About fight being more like achieving towards a goal, I can tell you devs are considering using the same incremental system for event girls as they use today for "normal" girl (but probaby with different increment values).

But don't get your expectations too high for now. They are studying the possibility. Maybe they will discard it.

Unregistered
03-10-2018, 07:56 AM
That's not how probability works, though. Even with a 99,99% drop rate, there's still a very small chance to not get a girl in 20 battles.

What you really want is a ceiling, like for example a 100% guaranteed girl drop after 1000 battles or something.

Ok fair, maybe 7% was a bit low, but lets say its even 25%. The chances of me not hitting that girl while she's at 25% in the next lets say 25 battle are REALLY low. Unless of course the system is rigged and 25% chance is actually like 5% chance cause it favours the lower amount.

A ceiling should honestly happen as well. I am literally sitting on 1000 silvanus battles for just 1 girl. That is ridiculous.

wthvr
03-11-2018, 05:57 AM
Ok fair, maybe 7% was a bit low, but lets say its even 25%. The chances of me not hitting that girl while she's at 25% in the next lets say 25 battle are REALLY low. Unless of course the system is rigged and 25% chance is actually like 5% chance cause it favours the lower amount.

A ceiling should honestly happen as well. I am literally sitting on 1000 silvanus battles for just 1 girl. That is ridiculous.

the advantage of the level system is that you have a very good indicator on how many battles you did to get a girl. for the last finalmedica girl it took me ~750 tries (I capped the level before I got the girl) and now I am currently at ~300 tries for the last bremen girl - I hope I do not max out bremen before I get her

Unregistered
03-20-2018, 10:36 AM
The best situation would be a girl of your choice between the available onses after 100 battles with the same troll. People who want gils faster will spend, people who prefer to not spend will wait...

soviras
03-20-2018, 03:34 PM
Choose one you want after 100 battles? Nice idea, but you didn't even try to think things through. :P <br />
You can finish getting all 3 girls in a little under a week that way... Who would spend anything...

Unregistered
03-21-2018, 08:23 AM
Choose one you want after 100 battles? Nice idea, but you didn't even try to think things through. :P
You can finish getting all 3 girls in a little under a week that way... Who would spend anything then? It would remove the need to grind at bosses, because you would be done in a very short time without even trying...

Actually, I thought a lot about it, and you hit the main purpose of that idea: remove the need to grind. For girls at least.

When there are no more girls, the boss will drop an affection boosting item, which will raise it by the same value of the boss level. No more time, and/or money, wasted for just a small chance of obtaining a girl, instead every battle will be more helpfull than giving just money. And there will be two ways to increase the affection faster.

soviras
03-21-2018, 08:42 AM
Actually, I thought a lot about it, and you hit the main purpose of that idea: remove the need to grind. For girls at least.

When there are no more girls, the boss will drop an affection boosting item, which will raise it by the same value of the boss level. No more time, and/or money, wasted for just a small chance of obtaining a girl, instead every battle will be more helpfull than giving just money. And there will be two ways to increase the affection faster.

It would defeat the entire purpose of the grind, and remove one of the main goals for players while shortening the work for another goal. That is not a good thing, it would only cause harm to the game... Without anything to work towards, people will stop playing sooner, and you want to eliminate pretty much all of the work you would need to do everything in the game... Removing the grind by making girls extremely easy to obtain is about the worst thing you could do.

Unregistered
03-22-2018, 09:35 AM
It would defeat the entire purpose of the grind, and remove one of the main goals for players while shortening the work for another goal. That is not a good thing, it would only cause harm to the game... Without anything to work towards, people will stop playing sooner, and you want to eliminate pretty much all of the work you would need to do everything in the game... Removing the grind by making girls extremely easy to obtain is about the worst thing you could do.

In my experience, people stops playing a lot sooner cause of boredom.

Practical example: let's assume that to maximise a 3 star girl in a low grinding game would take you 2 weeks, including the certain number of battle to get her. That is a reasonable time.
With heavy grinding required, you can't know when you'll get the girl (and random is always bad, as I said before), plus it takes months to maximise her, while other girls keep piling up. This is the hamster wheel effect that kills any will to keep playing a game.

Unregistered
03-23-2018, 04:45 AM
With heavy grinding required, you can't know when you'll get the girl (and random is always bad, as I said before), plus it takes months to maximise her, while other girls keep piling up. This is the hamster wheel effect that kills any will to keep playing a game.

I don't mind the grind to get girls so much. There isn't a ton to do in this game. The grind to max them out is definitely hamster wheel material. I have 5 girls who can be 5* and I'm absolutely dreading trying to max them out. I suppose the logic might be that if it's too easy to max them out there isn't enough content.

They need to actually start making events with a storyline of some kind.

Unregistered
03-23-2018, 09:04 AM
I don't mind the grind to get girls so much. There isn't a ton to do in this game. The grind to max them out is definitely hamster wheel material. I have 5 girls who can be 5* and I'm absolutely dreading trying to max them out. I suppose the logic might be that if it's too easy to max them out there isn't enough content.

They need to actually start making events with a storyline of some kind.

This is why I wrote this some posts before: "When there are no more girls, the boss will drop an affection boosting item, which will raise it by the same value of the boss level." It may seems too much, but 20 battles on a 100 level boss would mean an additional 2000 in the affection of a single girl; it is not an hig value. Of courser there are stronger bosses, but there are also girl with more than 10000 points required for one level.

Plus there is a new 5 star girl coming, and we all know how long it will take to make her out, provided that you get it first...

Unregistered
03-25-2018, 10:14 AM
The event is closing, and I got no girls.

I don’t think I had the full 20 energy more than once as I kept fighting the boss (Ninja Spy) every time I had the chance to do so. And then I have nothing to show for it. I can understand bad dice, but it still feels unfair.

Unregistered
03-25-2018, 10:32 AM
The event is closing, and I got no girls.

I don’t think I had the full 20 energy more than once as I kept fighting the boss (Ninja Spy) every time I had the chance to do so. And then I have nothing to show for it. I can understand bad dice, but it still feels unfair.

i understand.
seriously they need to raise drop rate on girls so that when a player puts in enough effort to play non-stop during events, the droppable event girls are obtained.
these kinds of wasted efforts will drive players away.
on the other hand, if they get all droppable girls mb the player will feel "lucky" and try for epic pachinko to get more event girls and thus encourage spending/buying kobans

Unregistered
03-25-2018, 05:39 PM
i understand.
seriously they need to raise drop rate on girls so that when a player puts in enough effort to play non-stop during events, the droppable event girls are obtained.
these kinds of wasted efforts will drive players away.
on the other hand, if they get all droppable girls mb the player will feel "lucky" and try for epic pachinko to get more event girls and thus encourage spending/buying kobans

Well, I'm done. This is the 3rd revival event with no girl drops and this means a 3rd week wasted time. I can play something else where I can at least get something for my trouble.

And I agree with you. No way anyone, including me would EVER bother playing epic pachinko when the event girl never dropped. I'm not spending money to get what should've dropped in game for free.

Unregistered
03-25-2018, 08:06 PM
Well, I'm done. This is the 3rd revival event with no girl drops and this means a 3rd week wasted time. I can play something else where I can at least get something for my trouble.

And I agree with you. No way anyone, including me would EVER bother playing epic pachinko when the event girl never dropped. I'm not spending money to get what should've dropped in game for free.

damn, three events and no girl? not a single one? dats some shit luck right there
I don't get why more game companies are carrying out these anti-consumer practices that drive players away
i hope you get more enjoyment out of your next game or if you continue to play HH, i bid you good luck in the next event, perhaps getting the legendary girl?

Unregistered
03-26-2018, 02:29 AM
Literally leveled finalmecia from 90 or whatever she starts at to 260 without any of the 3 girls dropping. I'm not sure wtf they did with the droprate, but I'm seriously considering dropping this game now.....

Unregistered
03-26-2018, 11:02 AM
Thanks! Finally another player, whether lucky or not (or luckier than I am) that empathizes with us unlucky players for once, and doesn't just tell us to suck it up, or that it's just RNG and that's...

SamRei
03-27-2018, 03:34 AM
I really don't know how drop rates have changed, and I don't hava a sample size big enough to really tell me anything, so your droprate could just be bad luck, or working as intended.

Since I'm pretty casual with this game, I don't really hunt down every event girl, I skipped the ones in the last short event to get more money, I really wanted to get some 5 stars done, great to know the next ones are around the corner and I can't even 3 star the last girl that dropped while farming money.

Anyway sample size, 5 regular girls dropped by bosses since the changes, so that's around the same as before.

Unregistered
03-27-2018, 11:40 AM
I missed girls before the change, but I have not missed a girl since the change, so possibly the drop rates were raised, even? Just goes to show how worthless anecdotal evidence is.

Unregistered
03-27-2018, 12:18 PM
You could say it is worthless anecdotal evidency, but I would beg to differ in at least a few cases. The fact that you can not have a single girl (from the normal pool of the bosses) drop with over 800 fights is rediculous. If they were adding a hardcap, then it should be significantly lower than 800 fights. If you literally use every combativity you get, that would be 50 per day (I could be wrong here, but for arguments sake). That means it would take you 16 days to drop 1 out of 3 girls from a boss. There are 8 bosses, so if it took that many every time it would take you 384 days to get them all. This is not counting any event girls or similar things.
I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I intended to use kobans to get the pachinko girls, but before you have all the boss girls, there is quite a large chance that you "accidentally" get one of the boss girls. This means that in order to avoid getting boss girls, assuming you aren't lucky and don't need to hit the hard cap, you would need to farm, literally all the possible energy you get for 384 days before you can even start using kobans to get the pachinko ones.

This doesn't take into consideration that by the time a year has passed, there is more than likely another boss added and considering the new "legendary" girl, perhaps even a new mechanic(s) introduced that might take some of that energy.
My point is, if you're looking at it from the standpoint that you perhaps wish to gather all the girls, unless you are willing to sink massive amounts of money into the game, it is just unrealistic to obtain. This discourages players from paying anything at all, because as it is, you are quite likely to be "wasting" that money on something that others, who are lucky, can obtain for free.
Perhaps I am mistaken, but the way I see it, this seems like a poor business model. That's just my 2 cents.

Unregistered
03-27-2018, 12:28 PM
One thing to note is that the girls you fight the bosses for in events are not meant to be guaranteed. By that I mean, whenever games have events there is usually a guaranteed reward. That's the first girl.

I understand it sucks not getting them, but people are reacting like they deserve to get them, which is false. The only guaranteed reward is the one girl.

You have a ton more chances to get girls in this game than in other games. For me it's almost too much. I'm getting girls so fast I can't level them fast enough. I'm getting super frustrated at the grind for cash. It wouldn't bother me if I failed to get a girl during an event.

Unregistered
03-27-2018, 03:47 PM
I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I intended to use kobans to get the pachinko girls, but before you have all the boss girls, there is quite a large chance that you "accidentally" get one of the boss girls. This means that in order to avoid getting boss girls, assuming you aren't lucky and don't need to hit the hard cap, you would need to farm, literally all the possible energy you get for 384 days before you can even start using kobans to get the pachinko ones.

My point is, if you're looking at it from the standpoint that you perhaps wish to gather all the girls, unless you are willing to sink massive amounts of money into the game, it is just unrealistic to obtain. This discourages players from paying anything at all, because as it is, you are quite likely to be "wasting" that money on something that others, who are lucky, can obtain for free.
Perhaps I am mistaken, but the way I see it, this seems like a poor business model. That's just my 2 cents.

i second that, after getting two normal boss girls and not a single event girls from epic pachinko i'm really discouraged from doing pachinko with kobans untill i farm all boss girls

EdoItachiUchiha
03-27-2018, 09:38 PM
i second that, after getting two normal boss girls and not a single event girls from epic pachinko i'm really discouraged from doing pachinko with kobans untill i farm all boss girls

Yeah that's what I was lucky enough to do. I have all the normal story mode girls - the newest story girl. It's just not worth taking a chance on epic pachinko until you know for sure that your drop will be a event girl.