PDA

View Full Version : What Element Should I Main?

MagicSpice
02-19-2018, 07:32 PM
Okay, so I've been playing this since the game came out and racked up A LOT of SSR stuff (event and gacha wise) and I'm now wondering which team I should likely focus more on building.

I do want to get to the other ones eventually, but I also want to have a lead team that will likely suffice more than others...

But be prepared cause there's a LONG list of stuff I gotta post.... I'm giving the stars for weapons and Eidolons cause listing their stars shows how much i gave them limit breaks (which is more important than the lv they're currently at when trying to find out who to focus on)

Eidolons:

Fire- 4* Yatagarasu, 0* Ifrit, 1* Typhon, 2* Lilim, 0* Fafnir, 0* Crom, 0* Cthugha

Water- 4* Jack Frost, 4* Vritra, 0* Fenrir, 1* Rahab, 0* Jormugandr, 0* Reiki

Wind- 1* Behemoth, 0* Jabberwock, 1* Sleipnir, 2* Garuda, 0* Kyuki, 2* Lilim

Thunder- 0* Thunderbird, 1* Takemikazuchi, 4* Huanglong, 0* Sandalphon, 4* Ixion, 2* Yggdrasil, 0* Mastema, 3* Meng Huo, 2* Lilim

Dark- 1* Oroboros, 3* Echidna, 0* Azathoth, 2* Apocalypse, 1* Medusa, 1* Dullahan, 0* Jack Lantern, 1* Amphisbaena (may get more), 2*Lilim

Light- 0* Hecatonchires, 1* Phoenix, 1* Sphinx, 1* St. Nickolas

Phantom- 2* Lilim

Weapons (listed by weapon skill effects):

Fire- 1* Atk++ Axe, 0* Atk++ Glaive, 2* Atk++ Axe, 1* Atk++ Lance, 0* Atk++ Gun, 3* Pride Bow

Water- 3* HP+ Bow (my only SR weapon here), 0* HP++ Bow, 1* Atk++ Glaive, 3* HP++ Sword, 0* Atk+/HP Hammer

Wind- 2* Atk++ Hammer, 0* Atk++ Bow, 1* HP++ Gun, 2* HP++ Lance, 1* Atk++ Hammer, 0* HP++ Axe, 2* Pride Sword, 1* HP+/Atk Bow, 2* HP++ Sword

Thunder- 0* HP++ Sword, 0* HP++ Sword, 1* Atk++ Hammer, 0* Atk++ Hammer, 2* Atk++ Sword, 1* HP++ Lance, 2* HP++ Staff, 2* Pride Gun

Dark- 0* HP++ Arcane, 0* Atk++ Lance, 1* HP++ Glaive, 2* HP++ Axe, 2* Pride Axe

Light- 0* Atk++ Gun, 0* HP++ Staff, 0* HP++/Atk Bow, 0* Atk++ Bow, 3* Atk+/HP Hammer, 3* HP+/Atk Sword, 1* Pride Staff

Gonna do a 2nd post just to list Kamihime so it's a little more sorted out

sanahtlig
02-19-2018, 07:40 PM
As I explain in my guide, kamihime are the primary bottleneck (with the notable exception of +100% eidolons). Therefore much of the info you posted is unnecessary.

Ikki
02-19-2018, 07:54 PM
Like sana said, the gacha decides what element you main, mainly because of which khs you have for each element, then you can focus on improving the grid for that specific element, listing what weapons and eidos you have serves no purpose tbh unless you show pics of the grids already assembled, so unless you are a huge whale that can kinda literally pick what SSRs to use, you follow the path the gacha decides.

MagicSpice
02-19-2018, 08:12 PM
Kamihime:

Fire R- Nergal, Baphomet, Ignis, Hestia, Dazbog, Rakshasa, Taikoubou, Zeruel, Konohana-Sakuya

Fire SR- Brynhildr, Amon, Agni, Motu, Ragaraja, Ceridwen

Fire SSR- Ares, Acala, Svarog

Water R- Undine, Rusalka, Kushinada, Aspara, Circe, Oto-Hime, Dagon, Abzu

Water SR- Nike, Belphegor, Gabriel, Oceanus, Triton, Kikuri-Hime, Nodens, Enkidu, Cupid

Water SSR- Aphrodite

Wind R- Zephyrus, Boreas, Puck, Scathach, Reginleiv, Caspiel, Vulthoom

Wind SR- Cybele, Cronus, Heimdallr, Oberon, Maeve, Freya, Iblis, Guan Yu, Krampus, Ithaqua

Wind SSR- Gaia (awakened), Cu Chulainn

Thunder R- Indra, Perun, Skuld, Verethragna, Cherubim

Thunder SR- Ramiel, Baal, Hermod, Nemesis, Tezcatlipoca, Krishna

Thunder SSR- Tyr, Thor (Awakened)

Dark R- Astaroth, Mephistopheles, Naberius, Apep

Dark SR- Beelzebub, Tsukiyomi, Balor, Eligos, Pale Rider, Pharol, Nyarlathotep, Bastet, Lu Bu

Dark SSR- Amon Unleashed, Susanoo

Light R- Urania, Orpheus, Dike, Inanna, Beach Nergal, Aurora, Light Perun

Light SR- Artemis, Belobog, Uranus, Sunlight Brynhildr, Baldr, Diana, Uzume

Light SSR- Sol, Raphael, Moonlight Tsukiyomi

Souls (will eventually get them all but should list who I got anyway):

Standard- Lancelot, Oliver, Vivian, Merlin, Beowulf, Van Helsing, Billy the Kid, Spartacus, Crowley, Yukimura

Elite- Gawain, Roland, Cassiopeia, Rosenkreuz, Gilgamesh, Asmund, Granuaile, Achilles, Cagliostro

Legendary- Arthur, Joan of Arc, Andromeda, Solomon, Siegfried, Mordred, D'Artagnan, Morgan

Also, I've typically sitting at roughly 40k-42k power rating on each team I have so far (one for each element). Majority of my weapon skills are roughly lv6-lv12, but I have a few at lv16-lv18. My Accessories suck across the board cause I don't grind them much. And I'm still trying to hopefully get more dragonic eyes.

lastly, I am a paying player, but I only gacha if I got money to spare (gonna be a minute right now).... doesn't stop me from unloading around 10k-15k gold at times... I do plan on getting Dakki (mainly due to my fetish for fox girls) and Cybele Unleashed (cause her assist is OP) no matter what though

so yeah, let me know what I should be focusing on.

Like sana said, the gacha decides what element you main, mainly because of which khs you have for each element, then you can focus on improving the grid for that specific element, listing what weapons and eidos you have serves no purpose tbh unless you show pics of the grids already assembled, so unless you are a huge whale that can kinda literally pick what SSRs to use, you follow the path the gacha decides.

As I explain in my guide, kamihime are the primary bottleneck (with the notable exception of +100% eidolons). Therefore much of the info you posted is unnecessary.

well in that case, i got those listed now too....

but i felt the need to list the rest cause as it was said, gacha can heavily determine things... so even with the good kamihime, I may not get the SSR weapons for the job so i'd have to farm the crap out of SR weapons.... even still, atk alone doesn't solve everything otherwise my highly offensive fire team would be able to smash a lot of ragnarok level content out the window... from what i got, my light and wind teams can survive the longest, but my fire and dark teams got the best damage output

and then i may not get the 100% eidolons (heard their rates are horrible) so i need some backup plans in case (I am sitting on a huanglong that gives 60% atk and 20% HP)

Shieun
02-19-2018, 08:20 PM
Without going into specifics on which weapon grid you have the most developed, it's very likely Light will be your best element now, followed by wind then maybe dark.

You're missing Amaterasu on Fire, and Cthulhu +Nike/Ryu oh for water

MagicSpice
02-19-2018, 08:26 PM
Without going into specifics on which weapon grid you have the most developed, it's very likely Light will be your best element now, followed by wind then maybe dark.

You're missing Amaterasu on Fire, and Cthulhu +Nike/Ryu oh for water

we'll see how the gacha is for me soon... sitting on tons of tickets and 6k magic jewels atm cause the overall anniversary event is so lovely....

bonus points on forcing me to AP burn too cause it got my current light team (mordred, sol, raphael, uranus, and moon tsuki) nearly capped (need some more raid drops for uranus to crack lv60). and if i took the time to burn through the 360k gems i got, i probably could skill lv20 a bunch of weapons, but i kinda want to know what to focus on first

Kureru
02-19-2018, 08:28 PM
If you plan on getting Cybele no matter what then just focus on wind entirely.

MagicSpice
02-19-2018, 08:32 PM
just a side note too, but how prepared am I for the Rank 4 accessory quests?

i know for a fact I can "no-elixir" clear rank 4 thunder and rank 4 dark, but not sure on the rest...

I'm likely able to clear all the rank 3 ones though, now that I got the hang of dealing with that god awful OHKO the boss uses under raging

bonus points for my wind team being able to reduce it to 0 damage if I use both Joan and Gaia

Ikki
02-19-2018, 08:34 PM
just from seeing your teams, light looks the best by far, diana sol raphy and tsuku and thats pretty much all you need unless you get another SSR to replace raphy (metatron or michael for now), after having a good light grid you can branch to either fire (since 2 SSR +svarog who will get awakening pretty soon) or wind (2 core units), then after that you can decide which grid you wanna focus on.

QXZ
02-19-2018, 09:04 PM
just from seeing your teams, light looks the best by far, diana sol raphy and tsuku and thats pretty much all you need unless you get another SSR to replace raphy (metatron or michael for now), after having a good light grid you can branch to either fire (since 2 SSR +svarog who will get awakening pretty soon) or wind (2 core units), then after that you can decide which grid you wanna focus on.

i second this opinion. his light team is substantially complete. just need some eidos and wpns

sanahtlig
02-19-2018, 09:13 PM
Your Light team is more or less complete. Just need to max out the weapon grid and get a decent primary eidolon. I'm not sure I'd even use any Miracle tickets on it other than for SSR Artemis in December. Michael would be useful if you wanted to run a damage-oriented Burst build.

The next team with the most potential is probably Fire, but you'll need Amaterasu to make that work.

The Wind team could also be strong, but you'd need SSR Cybele to make it competitive with your Light team.

But honestly, your Light team is likely sufficient to clear all current content. Michael would add a bit more flexibility in builds so you could play it offensively when desired.

Yolodesu
02-20-2018, 02:53 AM
thats pretty much all you need unless you get another SSR to replace raphy (metatron or michael for now)

What? HELL NO! The only SSR that could eventually replace Raph is Eros. Metatron is trash tier and the only valuable reason to give Michael a regular spot is for a Shingen build.

People think Raphael is meh because her overdrive reduction was 8 turn cd at release (it has been reduced to 6 turn cd month ago), and because her atk debuff is only 15% (flash news : if you're playing with Sol thats 5% more than you need).
Raphael is good. If you think not, you're simply wrong.

That being said i agree with other ppl, if you want to focus on a single team, light is your best shot. Eros, Michael and SSR Artemis (to replace Diana in few month) could be a nice addition without being game changer.
Save your dragon eyes for Sol, stick with Mordred + sniper shot for most of the content and you're good to go.

On the other hand, if you plan to get Cybele (100% eidolon will be release at the same time so it will be a good time to spend your jewels / money), then why not aiming for Hastur and Seth with miracle ticket? It will take more time for this team to be as good as your light team, but you have enough SR to make it work until then (Gaia + Oberon + Iblis + Cu Chulainn / Ithaqua / Sol).
Your light team will still be useful as it is for fire events.

Whatever your choice is, weapon and accessory farming awaits you my friend.

LeCrestfallen
02-20-2018, 03:12 AM
light hands down.

To give a bit more reasons. Team is complete the way it is, you have the most important core himes and you can upgrade it easily with miracle tickets.
It has no elemental weakness, so you can use it for everything, Sol is broken, so she will carry almost anything, and you have the whole package solved (BP, orb removal, debuffs, heals, cleanse).

Very versatile build and just all around good.

Ikki
02-20-2018, 03:34 AM
What? HELL NO! The only SSR that could eventually replace Raph is Eros. Metatron is trash tier and the only valuable reason to give Michael a regular spot is for a Shingen build.

Which he should since PFB is the meta, without PFB you will never have competitive dmg, raphy is for stalling, if you need raphy for stalling that means your team and grid were never good to begin with.

nonsensei
02-20-2018, 04:07 AM
Yep, I see pretty much my defensive setup in that light team, there. For now, that being Raphy+Sol+Tsukuyomi+Diana with Mordred(sniper shot). Raphy could be changed to Eros depending on what the boss requires.. and Eros is generally better for defensive purposes.

For a more dmg based team setup for utilizing Shingen's burst buff, Michael is inevitable (until hero weapons). I use Michael+Sol+Tsuku+Diana for that now. If you really want to max dmg you could switch Sol to Metatron, but that setup sounds either suicidal or requires extreme whale grid.

Your fire seems to have potential, but as sana said, it requires Amaterasu. That said, it's still not complete like that, but at least functional. The rest would need more than one hime to actually work out. (Note that I'm talking in SSR/endgame terms when I say functional.)

Go light for now & see what the RNG throws at you next. It is a good choice for clearing content consistently.. a pretty survivor element.

Yolodesu
02-20-2018, 05:15 AM
Which he should since PFB is the meta, without PFB you will never have competitive dmg, raphy is for stalling, if you need raphy for stalling that means your team and grid were never good to begin with.

Dude, what are you talking about? For what content? With wich element?
Stalling not being op anymore doesnt mean it became bad and damage team suddenly became the new meta. How stupid this statement is...

Light is meant for stalling. And for multiple reasons (loosing either vof, bp or ss), going for a Shingen build outside of raid boss (when you can rely on other ppl debuff) is not a good idea.

And please...

that means your team and grid were never good to begin with.
Some low lvl personal attack? Really? What should i say if you feel the need of Metatron to reach some "competitive damage"...

Cobblemaniac
02-20-2018, 06:12 AM
Dude, what are you talking about? For what content? With wich element?
Stalling not being op anymore doesnt mean it became bad and damage team suddenly became the new meta. How stupid this statement is...

Light is meant for stalling. And for multiple reasons (loosing either vof, bp or ss), going for a Shingen build outside of raid boss (when you can rely on other ppl debuff) is not a good idea.

And please...

Some low lvl personal attack? Really? What should i say if you feel the need of Metatron to reach some "competitive damage"...

Both have their perks, but it's becoming more so the case that high damage builds are starting to show better returns than stall builds, especially since Vine becomes available to literally everyone. For content dealing with raids, one can indeed argue that high damage is the way to go, you want them MVPs during BP assists for quicker and more efficient clears on the goal of whatever number of souls/ chalices, and relying less on debuffs means you take less bs from RNG, with one exception. Solo quests are debatable, you can go at whatever pace you like to, but again people favour damage builds because hey, quicker clears.

Light for stalling is being less the case as the meta develops, it used to be Sol Raphy sniper shot builds soaking massive damage, but you're aware of the nerfs too. Add light Tsuku and the future SSR Artemis, or if you're not willing to wait Diana, and you can really see yourself using a light dps team too. I'd recommend you keep your options open, there are indeed some cases where Raphael doesn't really need to be there, but I'll not deny that when the time comes, Raphael saves some serious butt. The exception I mentioned earlier (feel free to disagree, I'm simply going off personal experience) with dps builds being preferred is when one starts Ragna raids with AP, especially during a point where no one really joins for the first few minutes, having some self sustainability in setting up debuffs/ heals really helps to dish out damage over time, perhaps more than what a nuke build might bring in a solo Ragna raid.

blubbergott
02-20-2018, 07:21 AM
Don't forget about Frey coming in July that can completely annihilate rage phases, which can make pure damage builds viable for things like accessories and similar encounters.

sanahtlig
02-20-2018, 07:26 AM
Light is actually well-suited for a Burst build since it has access to Affliction resistance down, which is built into Tsukuyomi's Elemental resistance down ability. With Shingen+ Sniper Shot, Sol, Light Tsukuyomi, Diana/SSR Artemis, and Michael, you can reach -40% ATK (-50% with eidolon) and -50% DEF. If you wait for Sphinx to be ready before Burst and debuff reapplication, debuffs missing shouldn't be a problem in most encounters.

The main problem Light has is that it needs to run Sniper Shot or sacrifice -ATK or -DEF, and therefore won't usually have access to Black Propaganda. Raphael (subbed for Diana/SSR Artemis and used with Vine) can mitigate this issue somewhat by making a Rage Overdrive less likely before the Burst. Light can also run Amaterasu instead of Diana/SSR Artemis to free up the EX slot for Black Propaganda. This will reduce damage, but once Shingen gets her Relic weapon that doubles Burst damage, the loss won't matter as much. Giving up on the class B debuff entirely and running with low -ATK like a Fire team, once SSR Artemis is available, is also an option due to Light Tsukuyomi's excellent Blind.

Yolodesu
02-20-2018, 07:44 AM
Both have their perks, but it's becoming more so the case that high damage builds are starting to show better returns than stall builds, especially since Vine becomes available to literally everyone.

Building a damage oriented team doesn't mean you will rely less on debuff. I would even say its the opposite, you need your def debuff to land if you go without any heal or damage cut.

Light for stalling is being less the case as the meta develops

Thats exactly the opposite. Light is the first element that received barrier, and in the near future (to my knowledge) the only element that will get healing boost, revive (outside of Andromeda), taunt.

You're talking about debuff with Artemis and Tsuku, but that's the minimum every team should get,and those KH are core even in a stalling build. And Tsuku is not really a damage dedicated KH considering that the other valuable thing she brings is blind, which is stalling oriented.

Now i'm not saying you can't play damage build with light. But compared to over element, it has a poor pool of damage KH and is less effective than Fire, Dark or Lightning for damage build.
And future wont change that : Awakened Svarog, Awakened Uriel, Thanatos, Mars, SSR cybele, Mammon, ect...

Now about damage vs survey, that's an endless war that occurs in every single game, with the same endless debate again and again.
"you cant do damage if you're dead"
"but if the boss dies quicker you don't need recovery"
"but if you play safe you're less rng dependant"

Ppl that still think one is better than the other are just as dumb as a brick.

Cobblemaniac
02-20-2018, 07:54 AM
Ppl that still think one is better than the other are just as dumb as a brick.

Have it all :bgrin:

End of the day it's a matter of what you need/ want the most out of your current build, and miracle it. Otherwise, all gacha games are built around the system of "we take those"

Yolodesu
02-20-2018, 08:17 AM
Light is actually well-suited for a Burst build since it has access to Affliction resistance down, which is built into Tsukuyomi's Elemental resistance down ability. With Shingen+ Sniper Shot, Sol, Light Tsukuyomi, Diana/SSR Artemis, and Michael, you can reach -40% ATK (-50% with eidolon) and -50% DEF. If you wait for Sphinx to be ready before Burst and debuff reapplication, debuffs missing shouldn't be a problem in most encounters.

The main problem Light has is that it needs to run Sniper Shot or sacrifice -ATK or -DEF, and therefore won't usually have access to Black Propaganda. Raphael (subbed for Diana/SSR Artemis and used with Vine) can mitigate this issue somewhat by making a Rage Overdrive less likely before the Burst. Light can also run Amaterasu instead of Diana/SSR Artemis to free up the EX slot for Black Propaganda. This will reduce damage, but once Shingen gets her Relic weapon that doubles Burst damage, the loss won't matter as much. Giving up on the class B debuff entirely and running with low -ATK like a Fire team, once SSR Artemis is available, is also an option due to Light Tsukuyomi's excellent Blind.

Again, i'm not saying you can't play damage build with light, but what you're pointing at (element rst down and -50% def debuff), other element will also have access to it soon enough. On top of that, water and dark have access to all needed debuff trough KH, so don't have to sacrifice anything, lightning and fire will compensate with KH with good damage output.

Alternative options you're giving (dark amat and trade -DEF KH for vine) both reduce your damage output. so for a damage build... meh.

sanahtlig
02-20-2018, 08:21 AM
With the debuff CD fix (in Accessory Quests), ATK debuff nerf, and Vine (really important to a lot of builds right now), offensive builds have overtaken endurance builds in terms of relative potency and ease of use in solo content. The ATK debuff cap severely nerfed pure Endurance builds. This lead will only grow as the +100% eidolons are released and become available as Friend eidolons. Endurance builds won't regain this lost ground until the introduction of weapons with the Ascension skill, which massively increases healing.

nonsensei
02-20-2018, 08:29 AM
I'm not sure if we want to consider the far off future or the near future at this point.. Light currently is pretty good dmg-wise because currently only water & light got access to 50% def debuff & to top it, light's is light element unique. And secondly, the OP dmg dealers are yet to be introduced in the game, so this "damage build" is pretty silly compared to those. Currently only thing that really makes difference is more def debuff.

As for far-off future, yeah. Light.. isn't cut for dmg based builds. Sure you can just throw in whatever you got as a "dps" unit, but you will do nowhere enough dmg compared to other elements. Wind bursting all the time, dark getting OP selfbuffers with Pluto to boost 'em, thunder is starting to outdmg even fire which is just called "explosion". Water is.. well. Nearly the same as now. Light is more of a survivor element.

And as for heroes(souls).. once hero weapons are introduced, I will go with Hercules. The weapon has -25% def debuff burst effect, which will cover for 50% with Diana/SSArty + Tsuku, so you can EX Shingen's burst buff, and it's enough to have it when you burst.. for light, that is. Ofc, that's for soloing, you can freely adjust your team for raids, but as I mentioned, light won't be able to compete with other teams in dps.

sanahtlig
02-20-2018, 09:04 AM
Again, i'm not saying you can't play damage build with light, but what you're pointing at (element rst down and -50% def debuff), other element will also have access to it soon enough. On top of that, water and dark have access to all needed debuff trough KH, so don't have to sacrifice anything, lightning and fire will compensate with KH with good damage output.

Alternative options you're giving (dark amat and trade -DEF KH for vine) both reduce your damage output. so for a damage build... meh.
Each element has a weakness of some sort in their Burst build. A perfect Burst build needs healing, -50% ATK/DEF (3 abilities minimum, generally 4 if you won't use Vine), at least +15 Burst gauge, Affliction resistance down, and Overdrive extension. That's ~8 abilities and you only have 13 slots (+1 for Shingen's EX). In general, each kamihime will have 1-2 abilities that cover these core needs. Getting all 8 at once is more or less impossible. Let's examine.

Water: Missing Affliction/elemental resistance down. If you run this as EX, you'll need Ryu-Oh to cover overdrive extension. But if you run her, you can't run SSR Nike or Snow Raphael, which means you'll be missing healing or -ATK.
Dark: Close to perfect (has to choose between -DEF and utility skills like Cleanse and Dispel), but the build requires Dark Amaterasu, who is limited. Otherwise it's missing -ATK or overdrive extension.
Light: as discussed; has to choose between -ATK, -DEF, or Black Propaganda
Fire: Has to choose between -ATK and -DEF. Deficient in healing.
Wind: Has to choose between Black Propaganda and Affliction resistance down. Also needs to run Vine unless the player has access to Hraesvelg (Wind's +100% eidolon).
Thunder: Missing 2+ debuffs (including Sniper Shot and overdrive extension). Baal's super elemental resistance down has a halved duration, making it extremely difficult to keep up. You'll likely end up using it to reduce affliction resistance or DEF, but not both. Thunder's only good healer (Thunder Aphrodite) is limited.

sanahtlig
02-20-2018, 09:16 AM
And as for heroes(souls).. once hero weapons are introduced, I will go with Hercules. The weapon has -25% def debuff burst effect, which will cover for 50% with Diana/SSArty + Tsuku, so you can EX Shingen's burst buff, and it's enough to have it when you burst.. for light, that is. Ofc, that's for soloing, you can freely adjust your team for raids, but as I mentioned, light won't be able to compete with other teams in dps.
Subbing Provisional Forest isn't a substitute for Shingen at that point, since it's +40% vs. +100% damage on Bursts. It's basically Shingen or bust if you're looking for pure spike damage.

nonsensei
02-20-2018, 09:24 AM
Subbing Provisional Forest isn't a substitute for Shingen at that point, since it's +40% vs. +100% damage on Bursts. It's basically Shingen or bust if you're looking for pure spike damage.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ No comment on that. Like I mentioned, light is not made for spike damage.

Unregistered
02-20-2018, 09:29 AM
If nothing else, I'm amused at how Shingen further highlights how crippled Metatron will be for another half a year.
Provisional Forest maxes out at +200% to the burst multiplier. The current cap is +300%. Metatron's entire purpose in life can thus only add another +100% to that... which is equivalent to 1x normal hit in damage.
Michael of course blows away Metatron here by ensuring Shingen's burst and thus also the difference between 4-person and 5-person burst streak (ie going from 33% to 50%). But we already agree on that.
I tend to think that Raphael's orb removal and rage gauge reduction still offers more than current-Metatron in a burst build though... :P

sanahtlig
02-20-2018, 10:00 AM
What's particularly good about Michael is that the Burst gauge bonus is +20 rather than +15. That allows Shingen to Burst within 1T. That makes a big difference when you're trying to time a Burst for when the boss is Raging, but before it uses its Overdrive. 2T out makes it much more likely that you'll get the timing wrong and eat that Overdrive, possibly causing a wipe.

Unregistered
02-20-2018, 10:22 AM
Oh, yea, the newest SSR on DMM, Vohu Manah, apparently fills that element resist debuff hole for water. That particular debuff looks to be quite strong, but at high cost (eats 30 burst gauge). Looks like she'll have to be slotted in 4th/5th slot and/or you play around with her first two skills more carefully.

Cobblemaniac
02-20-2018, 10:34 AM
Oh, yea, the newest SSR on DMM, Vohu Manah, apparently fills that element resist debuff hole for water. That particular debuff looks to be quite strong, but at high cost (eats 30 burst gauge). Looks like she'll have to be slotted in 4th/5th slot and/or you play around with her first two skills more carefully.

So that means we might see a sniper shot SSR Nike Snow Raph Cthulhu Vohu Manah meta for water dps teams?

Unregistered
02-20-2018, 10:57 AM
Looks pretty good for fighting against non-fire. When against fire though, you can make some changes (if Vohu Manah's debuff can be fired with less than 30 burst), as that debuff also carries fire attack down. Maybe swap out Sniper Shot for Black Propaganda. Maybe swap out SSR Nike for water Osiris. Maybe Celia from the Walkure Romanze collab can get a look. Water has options.

Unregistered
02-20-2018, 11:03 AM
That said, water Osiris and Celia are limited, so the candidate to replace Nike may be Aphrodite (or not).

sanahtlig
02-20-2018, 11:22 AM
So that means we might see a sniper shot SSR Nike Snow Raph Cthulhu Vohu Manah meta for water dps teams?
If I had Vohu Manah and wanted to run a Burst build with Shingen, I'd combine her with Ryu-Oh, Athirat/Snow Raphael, and a healer (SSR Nike or Aphrodite) and use Sniper Shot/Hercules's Burst rate up skill as EX. That would be a close-to-perfect Burst build, minus the lack of combo attack down. Cthulhu would actually be less useful than Ryu-Oh in that build since it would require forgoing Black Propaganda for a Burst gauge rate up or -ATK effect.

Cobblemaniac
02-20-2018, 07:56 PM
If I had Vohu Manah and wanted to run a Burst build with Shingen, I'd combine her with Ryu-Oh, Athirat/Snow Raphael, and a healer (SSR Nike or Aphrodite) and use Sniper Shot/Hercules's Burst rate up skill as EX. That would be a close-to-perfect Burst build, minus the lack of combo attack down. Cthulhu would actually be less useful than Ryu-Oh in that build since it would require forgoing Black Propaganda for a Burst gauge rate up or -ATK effect.

Ah yes, I forgot the debuff cap and Vine existed

MagicSpice
02-20-2018, 09:50 PM
Ah yes, I forgot the debuff cap and Vine existed

that debuff cap is why i had to rework my wind team....

was using joan with sniper shot or ambush, oberon, zephyrus, and Caspiel all for their atk downs and def downs. even had awakened gaia to help absorb even more damage.

not sure what the wind team would even have now given the hard 50% cap to atk debuff stacking

sanahtlig
02-20-2018, 10:15 PM
The Wind team I'll likely be working towards is Gaia, SSR Cybele, Hastur, and Seth. That's a Versatile build that should be able to handle just about any situation. With luck, I'll have it completed by August. Subbing Titania for Gaia can turn that into a Burst build for quicker kills, as needed. Though honestly, the Versatile build should have enough damage to kill things faster than debuff CDs will be ready.

MagicSpice
02-20-2018, 10:25 PM
if i went that route, i'd have to hopefully pull Hastur, then go hard for cybele and seth as needed... also don't have titania so wind rate up is gonna be a hassle...

given all the suggestions, light will likely be my main, but a sub would be wind (maybe a 2nd sub too if i get around to it). i got awakened gaia nearly at lv75 already (i think she's at lv74) so why not use her

befirga
04-02-2018, 10:35 PM
can I ask?I have a party of a different element.
Soul: Spartacus
Main wepon: Moonlight bow
Main: Ragaraja, Nyarlathotep, Nmesis, Ithaqua.
Sub: Like and moonlight maiden tsukyomi
How to setting for the weapon? one kamihime one weapon?
What do you guys think?

Slashley
04-03-2018, 12:29 AM
can I ask?I have a party of a different element. --That is not going to work on anything but story quests...
You'll pretty much always want to bring at least four Hime of the same element.

LeCrestfallen
04-03-2018, 06:09 AM
1 Off is okay imo. 3 himes, 1 off, and the same element soul as the main team.

fucka
04-03-2018, 02:19 PM
The light team looks decent. Weapons aren't issue with coming events.
Fire also not bad, but weapon grid is a problem, unless u are willing to whale for gasha weapons.

MagicSpice
04-03-2018, 03:28 PM
The light team looks decent. Weapons aren't issue with coming events.
Fire also not bad, but weapon grid is a problem, unless u are willing to whale for gasha weapons.

i've already decided to main light a long while ago lol (this thread is old)

as for fire... i still have that miracle ticket.....

1 Off is okay imo. 3 himes, 1 off, and the same element soul as the main team.

tends to be the case for stuff like thunder builds that have no healer

can I ask?I have a party of a different element.

never, ever do this unless you're a new player and have no better eidolons than the phantom lilim (even then, you probably should have rerolled)

only exception is if you need a healer or specific debuff... or someone to absorb damage...

as for setting up a grid (if that's what you meant by setting for the weapon), you'll want the following in this order depending on what you have:

-MAKE SURE WEAPONS MATCH THE ELEMENT OF THE TEAM YOU'RE MAKING-

1) Weapons with 2 skill effects (all SSR as far as I know)
2) SSR weapons with Assault
3) 1 or 2 SSR weapons with Defender or Pride (depends on what else you have, but only have 1 defender and 1 Pride weapon total at most)
4) SR weapons with Assault to fill the remainder
5) If you don't have anything else remaining, toss on SSR or SR weapons that have Defender (or extra pride weapons if you have them)
6) if you're out of the rest, get the weapons with the best stats to fill in the last few slots

so for instance, say you have a fire team and you have 5 fire SSR (1 pride, 2 defender, 1 assault, 1 double effect), 3 fire SR (2 assault, 1 defender), a lv125 water SSR, a lv40 wind SSR, and a lv85 light SR... your grid should use the following

-all 5 fire SSR (hopefully one matches what the soul can use)
-all 3 fire SR (again, try to match a weapon to get your soul fire element if the SSR don't meet this)
-the lv125 water SSR (very high stats at lv125)
-the light SR (lv85 SR should have higher stats than the lv40 SSR... some maxed SR even beat lv75 SSR stats)

that's just an example of how builds can work. but if you're trying to eventually fill spots and can't get any SSR to do so, grind out raid bosses (the disaster raids, not the catastrophe unless you can live long enough for others to help you kill it). raid bosses can drop weapons, 2 of which are defender but you want the 1 assault weapon they drop.

as for setting up Eidolons, i tend to pick ones with buffs and debuffs i could use (double attack, attack, elemental effects that help for the fight, defense), while going for the highest stats. as the main one, it depends on what's the best one for you to use. for instance, it's better to use jabberwocky over the wind lilim for a wind team (50% atk and a slight ability damage boost to everyone as opposed to cutting in 2 off-element members to try and get the atk boost).

that's a lot to follow, but you'll get the hang of it eventually. as for what kamihime to use, that's honestly not my department when it comes to help, but some clearly are better than others. obvious kamihime that are worth using is Svarog, Mars, Sol, Gaia, Titania, Moonligh Maiden Tsukiyomi, there's quite a list (even some SR like Diana and even some R like konohana-sakuya are worth it). This might change way later down the line though (and you'll want every scene to get all the magic jewels and abilities) so you'll honestly want to work on every kamihime you get your hands on... at the very least, lv25 for R, lv55 for SR, and lv65 for SSR. try to max them out if you can though, but focus on the ones you'll use first

souls is the same thing but the go to soul for most cases seems to be mordred... cassiopeia/andromeda for if you need healing, joan for if you need to defend against strong attacks (this can save your run in a lot of harder content), it depends on what kamihime you have to fill the slots (for instance, you probably don't need Joan if you're using Gaia, but having both can let you survive a LONG time). Souls are more slot fillers to the kamihime you have but still make or break your team just as much...

that's all i got for this. it's a wall of text but take your time reading it and you should pick up on a lot of this eventually

Slashley
04-04-2018, 12:29 AM
--
3) 1 or 2 SSR weapons with Defender or Pride (depends on what else you have, but only have 1 defender and 1 Pride weapon total at most)
--I still object to this idea that Pride weapons are bad. They're only bad if you're running two healers (or more, or I guess Awakened Sol counts as two), or content which doesn't damage - only oneshots. There's pretty much no teams which do this, and there's pretty much no content which deals zero-or-hero damage to you. As such, you shouldn't have aversion towards Pride weapons.

Just consider Pride weapons as SSR Assault weapons. They have very high base attack, so the Assault you lose at 100% is mostly offset by this. We're not at the stage of the game where we can be picky about what SSR weapons we use anyway.

Also, for now, running two Defenders can be fine. The extra HP you get is an amazing safety net for your Hime. However, this will diminish as we'll keep getting more and more dual skill weapons with Defender on them. Once you have two Defender double-skills, it's start to be time to stop using pure Defenders.

MagicSpice
04-04-2018, 02:16 AM
I still object to this idea that Pride weapons are bad. They're only bad if you're running two healers (or more, or I guess Awakened Sol counts as two), or content which doesn't damage - only oneshots. There's pretty much no teams which do this, and there's pretty much no content which deals zero-or-hero damage to you. As such, you shouldn't have aversion towards Pride weapons.

Just consider Pride weapons as SSR Assault weapons. They have very high base attack, so the Assault you lose at 100% is mostly offset by this. We're not at the stage of the game where we can be picky about what SSR weapons we use anyway.

Also, for now, running two Defenders can be fine. The extra HP you get is an amazing safety net for your Hime. However, this will diminish as we'll keep getting more and more dual skill weapons with Defender on them. Once you have two Defender double-skills, it's start to be time to stop using pure Defenders.

it's not that they're bad, it's that they're situational....

would you rather have a consistent atk increase, or one that changes depending on your current HP? i personally think a SLv20 SSR (should give 16% assault is more worthwhile than a Pride weapon that shifts from 10% to 30% assault, but that's just me. depends on how high you can keep your HP, cause if you can steamroll content, you likely won't see your HP dip much anyway (cutting out the main focus of a Pride weapon). newer players can benefit from this, more seasoned players will be better at HP management or won't even get in a low HP situation.

and honestly, unless you've grinded out pride weapons to lv125 from previous events, this rematch is likely when someone will see a duplicate pride weapon anyway, so most players only have one towards their chosen elements right now... if that.

i'd honestly chalk it up to preference, but i think this tends to fall under how well you can survive a fight

Slashley
04-04-2018, 09:59 AM
it's not that they're bad, it's that they're situational....See, this is where your thinking is flawed. It's literally only situational for Burst Hour, and even then, pretty much only if you can one-shot the fight. If you can one-shot the fight? Then who cares.

For everything else? Pride weapons are fine. More than fine. It's not something that makes your damage fluctuate, it's simply a damage bonus as your HP gets lower. Nothing less.

The day will come when you can start thinking about stuff like that, but as it is, you're not anywhere near a full SSR grid for any element (without massive whaling). As such, you should have ZERO aversion towards Pride weapons. Stop thinking of them as "bad" or "situational", think of them as GOOD. Because they are. At very least until the day comes when we can fill a weapon grid with event SSR weapons. Once that day comes, we can talk about "situational", but honestly? If the Pride weapon has more base atk - and it probably will - chances are damn high that it's still the better bet.
and honestly, unless you've grinded out pride weapons to lv125 from previous events, this rematch is likely when someone will see a duplicate pride weapon anyway, so most players only have one towards their chosen elements right now... if that.While this is the first "duplicate" Pride weapon, Water (Reiki) and Wind (Ikaros) has two different Pride weapons already. And now Thunder with double Union weapon.

MagicSpice
04-04-2018, 09:54 PM
See, this is where your thinking is flawed. It's literally only situational for Burst Hour, and even then, pretty much only if you can one-shot the fight. If you can one-shot the fight? Then who cares.

For everything else? Pride weapons are fine. More than fine. It's not something that makes your damage fluctuate, it's simply a damage bonus as your HP gets lower. Nothing less.

The day will come when you can start thinking about stuff like that, but as it is, you're not anywhere near a full SSR grid for any element (without massive whaling). As such, you should have ZERO aversion towards Pride weapons. Stop thinking of them as "bad" or "situational", think of them as GOOD. Because they are. At very least until the day comes when we can fill a weapon grid with event SSR weapons. Once that day comes, we can talk about "situational", but honestly? If the Pride weapon has more base atk - and it probably will - chances are damn high that it's still the better bet.While this is the first "duplicate" Pride weapon, Water (Reiki) and Wind (Ikaros) has two different Pride weapons already. And now Thunder with double Union weapon.

how is that thinking flawed? fluctuating values don't usually end up as reliable as you think. considering your hp has to get to dangerous levels to even get full effect, you'll likely be sitting at around the same value a L Assault could get... or less if your HP is higher but that's considering you have the pride weapon max skill lv compared to the assault weapon at max skill lv... but the typical strat is to go grind out SR weapons with assault so pride tends to have the edge against those between higher stats and the effect likely averaging out to be better than the SR weapon

but that's assuming you have the pride weapon maxed out... cause not everyone has them at 4 star (hence why i mentioned the current rematch, cause a lot of players likely have lv100 or less on the pride weapons). but again, that's an assumption and not a fact...

if someone really has to squeeze out a pride weapon for the "extra assault value", it's likely a newer player. but for those that did farm tons of assault weapons be it SSR or SR, their grid is probably already optimal on assault value anyway

i still think it boils down to preference. nothing more. cause i don't remember calling the pride weapons bad, i remember calling them situational. i'd rather choose to have a grid full of 13%-16% assault weapons over an unfinished grid that has about 4-7 16% assault weapons, and one that fluctuates between 10%-30%... cause the one cranking out more consistent damage output is more reliable

besides, it's already been established that the trick to playing this game isn't to go after the most possibly OP stuff you can think of (but kudos if you do get it). the trick is getting strong enough to survive the content, THEN going after stuff to get stronger. cause what you're saying is that i probably should fill a grid with 4-5 fluctuating pride weapons if we get to that point, over the raw assault increases. even then, you can't have the viewpoint of an endgame player if you haven't got the power or resources to do such a thing...

plus, keep in mind what a pride weapon actually does. the pride effect can range from no increase at full HP, to 19% more assault at 10% HP left... the raw increase is half the skill level so it's not too noticeable until you get a high skill lv to begin with... so even if it does have 2k-2.2k atk... 1.5% or so isn't much... you'll need to do a suicide setup to really get the power of a weapon like that anyway and a lot of fights will outright shave chunks of HP off you anyway (some fights outright kill someone off if you don't play your cards right and it's worse in a raid where EVERYONE effects the fight)

also, i hate how much RNG can screw someone over... but that's just me

Kureru
04-04-2018, 10:37 PM

This is a dangerous thing to say. Taking Thunder as an example since there's a Thunder pride weapon on the table right now; players with good/complete grids will likely have several SR weapons at the moment. The Disaster assault weapon has 1566 attack, the pride gun has 2328. A pride weapon beats an SR assault weapon with around 400 higher attack even at 100% HP. The pride gun is significantly better than the disaster weapon even at full health.

Now you might think that it's a waste to level/skill up a new weapon when you already have a maxed grid, when you will be replacing it for SSR assault/double skill later. It takes a lot of gem gacha rolls and SR fodder and time to max a new weapon, and you may want to put those resources into other elements or maybe just be lazy because its a small gain. That's fine! I have no arguments about ignoring pride weapons because you plan on replacing them later.

The problem is not everyone will want to replace them later; it's a good weapon, it gets final limit break, it's a gun which is an excellent weapon type for Thunder. A player might read your post and think that a second copy of the gun is useless, and then use the 5 copies from the current event as fodder, only to realise later that he actually could have used it. The same is also true for other element pride weapons.

Aidoru
04-04-2018, 11:39 PM
I wouldn't really call them situational, a SSR pride will almost always be better than a SR assault and sometimes SSR assaults.

As far as I've experienced, there really is only 2 scenarios. One being fights that are so ridiculously easy that you clear everything before you can take damage and then there's everything else, even if the content is 'easy' but if you're taking any damage, it's better than any SR, heck, it's probably better still even at full HP. You don't need to put yourself in a near death state to use a pride weapon, having around 80~70% HP and your pride weapon is already as good/better than a regular SSR assault of the same skill level and far better than a SR weapon.

And even then, in any fight that actually matters, you will undoubtedly be losing HP.

Unregistered
04-05-2018, 12:54 AM
i've already decided to main light a long while ago lol (this thread is old)

as for setting up a grid (if that's what you meant by setting for the weapon), you'll want the following in this order depending on what you have:

-MAKE SURE WEAPONS MATCH THE ELEMENT OF THE TEAM YOU'RE MAKING-

1) Weapons with 2 skill effects (all SSR as far as I know)
2) SSR weapons with Assault
5) If you don't have anything else remaining, toss on SSR or SR weapons that have Defender (or extra pride weapons if you have them)
6) if you're out of the rest, get the weapons with the best stats to fill in the last few slots

//wall of text skipped

First, thank you for such informative post.
I have some questions - now my wind weapon grid is 1 pride SSR gun, 2x dualskill SSR, 1 thunder SSR sword (it's almost 100 lvl so i'm using it for raw stats), 1 defender SR (40 lvl, sl1), rest - assault SR (only 2 maxLB, rest - 0 to 1 LB). Assault lvl is small - 5-8. Is there any good reason to craft second disaster assault bow instead of defender gun? Or use them as skill fodders instead?
Are there at least some good sr eidolons, other then Vine and disasters, that are worth keeping? Could i sell all of them in eidolon shop or only disaster/event ones?
And another question: my current parties are 1)Mordred, Hastur, Chronos, SR Cybele, Osiris 2)D'arty, Hastur, Chronos, Itaqua, Osiris (no more ssr, no more wind sr, many rares). I found, that Itaqua deals almost the same damage as SR Cybele so i'm using her when i don't need b-type debuff. Yesterday i've got Amaterasu from premium ticket. Is it a good idea to replace someone (maybe Osiris) with her?

And about D'arty's exclusive weapons - i have 3 options - keep pride one and save regalias for someone's else exclusive weapon, take gun (allies wind attack up and snatch up), or pistol (wind character hp up, sniper shot up). What are this bonuses in numbers and what should i do with it because i'ts a very long-term plan.

Slashley
04-05-2018, 12:55 AM
i'd rather choose to have a grid full of 13%-16% assault weapons over --See, this is where your logic is flawed.

You'd take 13% (with far less base) over 10% (with far more base) in some scenario? You shouldn't. Well, maybe if you're referring to a dual-skill SSR weapon, then... okay-ish. But again, we're far, far away from that possibility.

So, again. Stop thinking about them as bad. Or situational. Because they're not. At least, not yet. But the usual caveat of "running two healers" might want to make you avoid them, but you're not running two, are you?
And even then, in any fight that actually matters, you will undoubtedly be losing HP.Though we must remember that this depends on the content that defines the game. Like AQ5 third wave is a zero-or-hero fight, mostly. Either you kill the boss extremely fast (hero) or the boss reaches Overdrive and kills you (zero). In such content, Pride weapons become questionable. Still, there are trash waves before the third one, and to my understanding these aren't zero-or-hero fights, making Pride weapons still good.

MagicSpice
04-05-2018, 01:29 AM
well, i'll just leave it at that, cause you have your ways and i have mine... i can agree pride beats out SR Assault looking at the numbers but i'll take SSR assault over Pride when i don't have slots to spare.

besides, i feel like if someone has to rely on a pride weapon when they can use another SSR, then something might be wrong there. that's just me. can't deny that having one on your grid is good, but 2+ just seems "reliant on HP dropping" to me

Unregistered
04-05-2018, 02:02 AM
well, i'll just leave it at that, cause you have your ways and i have mine... i can agree pride beats out SR Assault looking at the numbers but i'll take SSR assault over Pride when i don't have slots to spare.

besides, i feel like if someone has to rely on a pride weapon when they can use another SSR, then something might be wrong there. that's just me. can't deny that having one on your grid is good, but 2+ just seems "reliant on HP dropping" to me

You are forgetting that most pride weapons come from UE, that means they get flb and that makes them part of your grid, like it or not (unless you want your grid to be really bad), the only questionable pride weapons are the raid pride weapons, that just comes to preference if you wanna dump resources on them or not, but UE pride weapons arent up for debate, and as a sidenote not all dual weapons are worth, Adramelech bow is fucking trash and its dual.