View Full Version : [Event 37] Crucible of Combat vs the Demon Sloth

Kitty
02-25-2018, 03:52 PM
Ah, finally... the last element of the bunch, the water union event! <br />
<br />
Well, onto the battles - <br />
<br />
<br />
Lilim Standard/Expert - Charge turn 3T (2T for standard) .. (only normal charge, no rage meter)...

didimelo100
02-25-2018, 03:58 PM
2 SSR weapons??? :eek:

Kitty
02-25-2018, 03:59 PM
2 SSR weapons??? :eek:

posted the wrong rewards before, that other SSR bow is only on the rematch. sorry

didimelo100
02-25-2018, 04:04 PM
posted the wrong rewards before, that other SSR bow is only on the rematch. sorry

That's fine :o. Would be really nice 2 weapons in the same event though.

Slashley
02-25-2018, 04:12 PM
Water is finally here... and holy crap, it seems to be a total ass to fight. Well, I guess there might finally be a reason to use the Status Res Union buff? Seems hard to AAB otherwise.

Ikki
02-25-2018, 05:14 PM
debuff rate up and perma para here we go

sanahtlig
02-25-2018, 05:42 PM
I guess I'll just throw together my highest damage team and hope it kills the boss before they die from DoTs. Won't be able to run any healers due to the risk of zombie debuff. I foresee a lot of wipes on mid-level Demons. For auto-battle, the useful buffs will probably be ATK and Double ATK to increase damage output. DoTs do HP-based damage, so HP won't help much at all. Status effect resistance could be useful, but I'm doubtful that the effect will be strong enough to offset the damage gain from added Double ATK in a team without healing or player-managed status effect removal.

QXZ
02-25-2018, 06:49 PM
i dont get it.... so why not just get a bunch of debuff removers and keep removing the afflictions?

sanahtlig
02-25-2018, 07:11 PM
Because in auto-battle, they'll tend to cleanse at the same time. Which is useless, especially since the DoTs will have high turnover (constant reapplication and expiration). If I recall correctly, old effects cleanse first, so you'd end up removing DoTs with 1T remaining.

bigblackcock
02-25-2018, 08:41 PM
lilim doesn't have rage meter? how well :O
what about demon? it'll be annoying to finally have water union event but can't use tyr's skill

nonsensei
02-26-2018, 02:54 AM
Sloth trying to kill you with DoTs and zombie is somehow fitting.. Truly slothful.
Well, my union will be doing a ranking rehearsal, so my biggest problem will probably be that I won't be able to use AAB. :sweat:

Slashley
02-26-2018, 03:14 AM
Well, my union will be doing a ranking rehearsal, so my biggest problem will probably be that I won't be able to use AAB. :sweat:What? Why not? That's insane.

The only thing that matters is how many hours you can put into the game over the week. Ain't nobody who can handle doing manual Union battles for 16 hours a day, seven days in a row.

nonsensei
02-26-2018, 03:26 AM
What? Why not? That's insane.

The only thing that matters is how many hours you can put into the game over the week. Ain't nobody who can handle doing manual Union battles for 16 hours a day, seven days in a row.

??? Who said 16h a day?
Either way, let me correct: I probably won't be able to AAB till we get a feel to para train works.

Slashley
02-26-2018, 05:24 AM
Oh, you mean to co-operate Paralyzes for free kills.
Well, that's not difficult at all, but fair enough, I guess. Protip: absolutely do not use DoTs, and keep debuffs to a minimum so that both (or more) players can see Paralyze buff succeeding or failing.

Either way, such a tactic won't ultimately get you anywhere. It isn't efficient until you reach the point where two people can't just AAB their way through something, and the level where that happens is... extremely high. If your tactic is to practice Paralyze trains, chances are you'll lose to just 1-2 guys who have way too much free time and resources on their hands.

nonsensei
02-26-2018, 06:31 AM
The usual level we reach on union events is around 350~400 for expert and 100~150 on ulti.. I think para train is justified there.
Well, either way, you're right, AAB will be still possible for a good while. :sweat:

Coconut
02-27-2018, 09:05 AM
Decision time for thunder accounts! Is Mardook worth rolling for, or do you wait for Mammon?

sanahtlig
02-27-2018, 09:31 AM
Raiko and Sol are enough ATK down for Thunder. What Thunder lacks is DEF down.

Unregistered
02-27-2018, 11:16 AM
Awww, damnit, Sloth doesn't have a rage gauge either. The only thing Tyr can do here is... what, be Thunder's only source of def down at the moment?

Laventale
02-27-2018, 11:44 AM
Man, it sucks to be a Thunder main right now.

nonsensei
03-02-2018, 03:58 AM
So it seems demons are not dropping fairies, only weapons. Rejoice, those who haven't maxed the level of their weapons yet.

And as expected, this girl is a pain in the ass. Your only hopes are probably dizzy & paralysis. You will never catch up to the debuffs with cleanse and as such heal will backfire, too eventually.

BlazeAlter
03-02-2018, 07:28 AM
Is it recommended to place grails on the status ailment RST buff?

MagicSpice
03-02-2018, 07:54 AM
i'm stuck either running a team with a lot of healers and debuff removers (Sol, Aphrodite, Kikuri Hime, and Belobog/Nodens), or whipping out as much damage as i can get on this boss (likely my fire or dark team cause they currently hit the hardest).... my wind team does have some survivable tactics (damage cut and atk down), while my light team is a mix of everything...

either way, looks like there's finally a reason to get some ailment resistance! (and maybe use thor's stun so there's some free turns...)

i was gonna run siegfried and Tyr for this but... since there's no raging/stun... RIP that strat

Is it recommended to place grails on the status ailment RST buff?

honestly... atk, HP, and burst seem to be top priority... probably should go for ailment if you maxed the other 3 out cause it'll help you far more

sanahtlig
03-02-2018, 07:59 AM
With no Union buffs, LV36 Ultimate Demons are the point at which my team members start to die as the boss dies on solo auto-battle. So I suppose with Union buffs LV50 should be doable at least. That's good enough to clear the objectives and rack up PP without effort, which is what matters in the end.

BlazeAlter
03-02-2018, 08:04 AM
i'm stuck either running a team with a lot of healers and debuff removers (Sol, Aphrodite, Kikuri Hime, and Belobog/Nodens), or whipping out as much damage as i can get on this boss (likely my fire or dark team cause they currently hit the hardest).... my wind team does have some survivable tactics (damage cut and atk down), while my light team is a mix of everything...

either way, looks like there's finally a reason to get some ailment resistance! (and maybe use thor's stun so there's some free turns...)

i was gonna run siegfried and Tyr for this but... since there's no raging/stun... RIP that strat

honestly... atk, HP, and burst seem to be top priority... probably should go for ailment if you maxed the other 3 out cause it'll help you far more

ah I see, thanks for the tip

MagicSpice
03-02-2018, 08:15 AM
With no Union buffs, LV36 Ultimate Demons are the point at which my team members start to die as the boss dies on solo auto-battle. So I suppose with Union buffs LV50 should be doable at least. That's good enough to clear the objectives and rack up PP without effort, which is what matters in the end.

more or less depends on your teams too...

cause my union is mostly made of players in the 20k-35k range on total power...

me along with maybe 8-9 others might be the only ones at 40k+. we do tend to have a lot of lilim/expert farmers and not many ultimate ones (but still enough to average out getting all the kills we need and about 20-30mil union PP per union event)

Slashley
03-02-2018, 08:23 AM
Hmm, with no BP, you can always have Joan and Raiko's damage cut up against Ult Sloth in AAB (if you manually skim through the first five turns). That is, if only the stupid skill bug wasn't a thing...
Is it recommended to place grails on the status ailment RST buff?We put 100 to test it on day1, looks like 60-80% status resist. One person getting a DoT per wave is quite common. Sadly, Zombify doesn't have lower rate, so using heals is still really risky.

I don't think it's worth the Grails... it would be if it gave you immunity against Zombify, but alas.
honestly... atk, HP, and burst seem to be top priority... probably should go for ailment if you maxed the other 3 out cause it'll help you far moreUuuuh what. Never, ever recommend Burst. It is a terrible, terrible stat to use Grails on.

Also, do note that DoTs scale with HP. So you're effectively only becoming more resilient against the Overdrive.

sanahtlig
03-02-2018, 08:30 AM
Also, do note that DoTs scale with HP. So you're effectively only becoming more resilient against the Overdrive.
I was actually reading yesterday that DoTs in general have damage caps too (even on team members), and every ability is different. So while in principle what you say is true, the DoTs may cap out eventually and make HP worth investing in.

BlazeAlter
03-02-2018, 08:37 AM
Hmm, with no BP, you can always have Joan and Raiko's damage cut up against Ult Sloth in AAB (if you manually skim through the first five turns). That is, if only the stupid skill bug wasn't a thing...We put 100 to test it on day1, looks like 60-80% status resist. One person getting a DoT per wave is quite common. Sadly, Zombify doesn't have lower rate, so using heals is still really risky.

I don't think it's worth the Grails... it would be if it gave you immunity against Zombify, but alas.Uuuuh what. Never, ever recommend Burst. It is a terrible, terrible stat to use Grails on.

Why is burst a terrible stat to put grails on?
Sorry if I have too many questions, since me and my members are currently trying to discuss where to put the grails on

Slashley
03-02-2018, 08:40 AM
I was actually reading yesterday that DoTs in general have damage caps too (even on team members), and every ability is different. So while in principle what you say is true, the DoTs may cap out eventually and make HP worth investing in.True, for example SSR Beelz burn is capped at 1000 damage per turn, 10% of max HP. So if you get over 10k - and you can even outside Union events - then you'll benefit a bit extra from HP.
(and as a sidenote, Regen also scales with your HP - I remember getting Belebog early on and couldn't cap her Regen, huehuehue)

But each of Sloth's DoTs does a mere 3% max HP to you. Even my Zeal hurts me more. I don't know if it's feasible to hit the damage cap on those... anyone put 100 HP in yet?

Unregistered
03-02-2018, 08:46 AM
So 1 grail into +burst is equal to +1.5% +burst. 100 grails = +150% +burst

The issue here is, what does +burst actually mean. +150% +burst does not mean 'increase your burst's damage by 150%'. It means 'add 1.50 to the burst multiplier'
A 3* SR kamihime has a burst multiplier of 3.5. Adding 1.5 to that would be a ~42% increase to damage, not the 150% increase you'd assume if you don't know how burst damage is calculated.
A 3* SSR kamihime has a multiplier of 5.0 (and for an awakened SSR, it'd be 5.5). Going from 5.0 to 6.5 would be a 30% increase, while going from 5.5 to 7 would be a ~27% increase.

Moreover, our version is still old enough that the cap on +burst buffs is 300%. Shingen's provisional forest maxes out at +200%. So for those using Shingen, there ought to only be 100% left before you hit the cap. Any amount of +burst past ~67 grails will be useless for Shingen builds.

Slashley
03-02-2018, 08:55 AM
Why is burst a terrible stat to put grails on?
Sorry if I have too many questions, since me and my members are currently trying to discuss where to put the grails onBurst is terrible because it's not an extra modifier. For example, SSRs have 500% Burst modifier already (or around that, I forget). So 150% from Burst Union buff gets them to 650% damage on Burst.

My Union typically puts 100 on it on day1, for Burst Hour shenanigans. Just note that this is NOT ideal at all.

I honestly don't know what you should be spending your Grails on in this one.
+100 Damage is a given every time. 100% Character attack is really good, and bridges a lot of power-gap between newer and older players.
+30 Affliction is probably by far the best after Damage. Putting 30 points here is what I'd recommend (you need about that much to guarantee your Soul's debuffs landing with elemental advantage).
+100 Affliction is the best for those who have (Awakened) Thor - and a giant middle finger to everyone else. Don't do this if your Union isn't whale central. DO THIS if your Union IS whale central.

After that... I honestly don't know this time around.
+150% Heal is really good usually, but here risky due to random Zombify. Buffing this risks your AABing Sol just wiping the team in one go.
+100% HP is really good usually, but here it'll make the DoTs hurt you more, giving you a +-0 benefit. Unless you can get the DoTs to hit cap, which we're not sure about yet. Ult Sloth Overdrives start hitting pretty hard at high levels though, so you might need HP for that.
+Double is the best damage output one after Attack, as far as we know.
+Resist doesn't make you even close to immune to debuffs, so is this worth putting points into? It does reduce the chances of Zombify happening, but does that actually help or not...?

I'm currently thinking about running 100 Attack, 100 Resist, 30 Affliction, 50 HP, 50 Heal, 70 Double. But if anyone has bright ideas, I'd be all ears.

lolix
03-02-2018, 08:59 AM
you can't max them all ?

Slashley
03-02-2018, 09:01 AM
you can't max them all ?400 Grails per day is the max. And 100 Grails per buff type.

MagicSpice
03-02-2018, 09:06 AM
didn't know burst wasn't worth it, cause we do have a lot of stronger players using siegfried or arthur (or some form of easier burst access outside burst time)

given that, it seems like my union will have to re-situate buffs

probably 100 atk, 100 HP, 50 resist, 50 recover, 50 double and 50 triple...

lolix
03-02-2018, 09:11 AM
400 Grails per day is the max. And 100 Grails per buff type.

soo...what ? do they reset each day , or what |?

sanahtlig
03-02-2018, 09:15 AM
Given current info, I'd rank Union buff priority as follows:
ATK = Affliction RST > Double attack > Triple attack

That's based on auto-battle; I don't see why you'd ever want to manual battle Union events. Affliction resist keeps you alive longer, and the others increase damage, all with the goal of maximizing damage dealt before the DoTs kill you.

BlazeAlter
03-02-2018, 09:15 AM
+100% HP is really good usually, but here it'll make the DoTs hurt you more, giving you a +-0 benefit. Unless you can get the DoTs to hit cap, which we're not sure about yet. Ult Sloth Overdrives start hitting pretty hard at high levels though, so you might need HP for that.

+Double is the best damage output one after Attack, as far as we know.

We actually put 100 grails on HP today, and the max damage i receive from those dots doesnt go past 350 for me. Putting some grails on HP seems okay to do I guess?

and wait, placing grails on double is better than placing them on triple?

sanahtlig
03-02-2018, 09:17 AM
wait, placing grails on double is better than placing them on triple?
Based on past experience, the double attack buff increases attack rate more than the triple attack buff, point for point. It also evens out the attack rate curve to generate more stable Bursts in auto mode, rather than each character Bursting alone.

Slashley
03-02-2018, 09:24 AM
probably 100 atk, 100 HP, 50 resist, 50 recover, 50 double and 50 triple...Don't put any points into triple until double is maxed.
soo...what ? do they reset each day , or what |?Yes, at daily reset.
We actually put 100 grails on HP today, and the max damage i receive from those dots doesnt go past 350 for me.--If true, just 11k HP is enough to hit cap then. I'm close to that even without Union buffs, heh.

Will test in ~30 minutes.

MagicSpice
03-02-2018, 09:43 AM
just 11k HP is enough to hit cap then. I'm close to that even without Union buffs, heh.

Will test in ~30 minutes.

there's an HP cap on those debuffs? if so, just getting +20% HP from a friend eidolon would send some of my wind team to the cap then since they'll be at 11k-12k normally

Unregistered
03-02-2018, 09:49 AM
13,579 HP still takes 407 (3%) from (Expert) Sloth's DoTs.

Slashley
03-02-2018, 10:19 AM
13,579 HP still takes 407 (3%) from (Expert) Sloth's DoTs.My 17k Dartagnan is taking over 500, so yeah. That was bogus information, sadly.

BlazeAlter
03-02-2018, 10:35 AM
My 17k Dartagnan is taking over 500, so yeah. That was bogus information, sadly.

I'm sorry for saying something without confirming it 100%, my max HP doesn't reach that high so I never guessed it would increase lol.

So is it still worth putting grails on HP buff?

Slashley
03-02-2018, 10:38 AM
So is it still worth putting grails on HP buff?Data inconclusive.

Does your Union reach high Ultimate levels? Then maybe. If not? Not really.
I'd say go with what Sanathlig recommended.

BlazeAlter
03-02-2018, 10:40 AM
Data inconclusive.

Does your Union reach high Ultimate levels? Then maybe. If not? Not really.
I'd say go with what Sanathlig recommended.

Hmm, I see. I'll keep that in mind.
Thanks again for the useful tips

lolix
03-02-2018, 10:41 AM
considering the damage increased with hp , it seems useless IMO. It;s pointless to have 20k hp (i'm using round numbers to be more clear) if you take 600 damage per turn , instead of taking 300 for 10k hp. From that point of view , it's an equal trade. I'd rather buff resistance if since it makes it's damage miss entirely.

Ofc , it's entirely possible that i'm wrong as well....so feel free to corect me people if i'm missundertstanding the mechanics here

Unregistered
03-02-2018, 10:49 AM
You're basically right.
As far as just getting all the prizes here, you probably don't need to fight demons whose levels are so high that you need +HP to avoid dying instantly to an overdrive. So in that context, you probably want to go with something like what sanahtlig suggested.

But, be prepared to adapt accordingly if your union is at a point where the bulk of your members need the turns but are struggling to survive past 2-3 overdrives, and that you're not on pace to get all the rewards.

Unregistered
03-02-2018, 11:12 AM
Mind you, in case your union already put grails into +HP and +Healing (like mine! :P), it's not useless, just suboptimal. Fights will take longer, and that's not the funnest with the lag right now. But you can still work with it. It's relatively inferior, but you're still making absolute gains over zero buffs. Oh, and auto battling is insanely risky since you can kill yourself through your own heals, but I also play manually, so... <.<

I make that distinction, because +burst sticks out as being not all that productive even in an absolute sense. Outside of burst hour strategies, +burst doesn't differ a lot from zero buffs.

sanahtlig
03-02-2018, 11:21 AM
Oh, and auto battling is insanely risky since you can kill yourself through your own heals, but I also play manually, so... <.<
The solution to this is to not include healers in your lineup, including characters with self-heals. Which is ironic, since Thunder is supposed to be the ideal counter, yet its high ratio of self-heals is actually detrimental in this case.

The team I'm currently running is: Mordred + Sniper Shot, Cthulhu, Poseidon, Gabriel, Shiva. Shiva finally made it out of reserve! With this team, I've cleared a LV36 Ultimate solo on auto with no buffs, and a LV52 Ultimate on auto with only the ATK buff (100). As mentioned before, Charm is your best defense; Paralyze could be useful too if you place the character last in your roster so it's used after all other characters have exhausted their abilities.

blubbergott
03-02-2018, 12:38 PM
Did Lilims always only count for Individual PP, not Union PP?

The solution to this is to not include healers in your lineup, including characters with self-heals.

High debuff res and a cleanser with same CD in front of the healer seems to fair decently well too. I'm running Belobog before Sol and rarely got more than 1 debuff on.

Laventale
03-02-2018, 02:43 PM
Did Lilims always only count for Individual PP, not Union PP?

Both Lilims and Demons count towards both Individual and Union PP.

Kureru
03-02-2018, 02:45 PM
Both Lilims and Demons count towards both Individual and Union PP.

Lilim is individual only, since the first union event

Slashley
03-02-2018, 03:04 PM
Turns out you can't slvl20 weapons without hitting level 50.

Cheap Disasters event sure fed me a lot of fodder SRs... I still have 7 SR4s and 27 SR1s left. And that's not counting the SRs I'll get from the this event. Hopefully, I'll get enough Gems from Sloth to let me actually use all these fodders on my Wind grid.
Lilim is individual only, since the first union eventShit, really? It's not like it matters much, but damn.

Laventale
03-02-2018, 03:19 PM

Seriously? That's shit.

blubbergott
03-02-2018, 03:27 PM
Seriously? That's shit.

Else that wouldn't happen.

Thanks! Never noticed it in the previous ones, so wondered if it was new. :)

Cobblemaniac
03-03-2018, 03:07 AM
How many experts and ultimate farms a day is required for hitting the union PP target? I'm assuming something ridiculous lmao

CrimsonRunner
03-03-2018, 04:40 AM
I believe it's sufficient to do your daily expert/ultimate kills.

blubbergott
03-03-2018, 05:12 AM
How many experts and ultimate farms a day is required for hitting the union PP target? I'm assuming something ridiculous lmao

We've been hitting slightly above 60m in the last 2 events with 400 ults and around 900 experts. So an average of 50 ults and ~115 experts per day should be sufficient

lolix
03-03-2018, 05:14 AM
jesus christ. And i was happy with 40-50 experts and around 20 or so ultimates yesterday. Well , considering our guild is new , and i'm one of the highest members , i think it's okay...but we won't be anywhere near that

Cobblemaniac
03-03-2018, 06:17 AM
We've been hitting slightly above 60m in the last 2 events with 400 ults and around 900 experts. So an average of 50 ults and ~115 experts per day should be sufficient

I see... so that probably means I'm gonna have to solo about 10 ults after my union m8s hit the 50 mark (they usually don't push further lmao)

sanahtlig
03-03-2018, 07:23 AM
You don't actually need max rewards. The gems, for example, are not high-priority. A Guild can easily get by with 300 Ultimates, 150 Experts, and 55 million PP, and miss out only on one grail, 30k gems, and a couple of eidolon XP materials. That frees you up to farm more Experts, which give a much higher PP to BP ratio.

QXZ
03-03-2018, 07:28 AM
is there any point to going above 60M union pp?

blubbergott
03-03-2018, 07:47 AM
is there any point to going above 60M union pp?

Farming weapon enhance mats i guess. Experts can also be used to stock up on seeds.

lolix
03-03-2018, 08:06 AM
I'd love to , but considering we're barely hitting 44 ultimate runs right now , i kinda doubt we'll get 300. As it stands , there are like 4 or 5 people that can solo ultimates (with me included) , and that;s up to a certain level. I doubt that anything higher then 30 is possible for my team. ofc , it's also pretty slow , and i can't autobattle ...either...so yeah

Unregistered
03-03-2018, 10:40 AM
If you can do up to 30 solo and several others can too, then you should be able to get the needed clears. Union events is not a solo event, if others can clear to the same degree you can, then you can clear stages together.

lolix
03-03-2018, 11:38 AM
you have to keep in mind that we're in weekend now. During weekday , i expect the clear rate will be even lower. I for one have to work for example. All in all , i think we're doing okay for a rather new guild

Unregistered
03-03-2018, 12:23 PM
Oh, yea, you seem to be doing fine for how old your account and union are. As long as your union stays active and everybody grows over time, you should be okay.
And it's not like union event stuff is permanently missable; there's only seven deadly sins and thus they get reprinted over and over.

lolix
03-03-2018, 12:30 PM
ah , that's good to know. It's good that they revive events often. In aigis revives were not happening that often. For example , anya and karma's event (2 black princeses which were really good for freemiums) were revived after 2 years or so , if i remember corectly.

Ofc , that was on nutaku. On dmm , they did apeared more often i think.

Also , i'm certain i'm doing better then i should be doing in this event for the simple fact that the boss is a DOT attacker. Eros is actually pretty good vs that.

sanahtlig
03-03-2018, 12:36 PM
it's not like union event stuff is permanently missable; there's only seven deadly sins and thus they get reprinted over and over.
As far as I can tell, the SSR weapons are missable. When the event repeats, you'll only be able to get 1 MLB copy, while everyone else will have 2.

Unregistered
03-03-2018, 12:45 PM
Well, the union events get revived often because it's just these 7. And they don't like to repeat the same event type twice in a row, so union events will show up frequently.
Raid events don't get revived ever (for technical reasons apparently). However, starting in August there will be a way to get the eidolons from them. As for the weapons, they will continue to be permanently missable until ~December, although the currency you'll need for that (orichalcum) is tougher to get.
And advent events as you've seen by now do get reprints. What makes it a bit... trickier, I guess, is that even the DMM schedule's more similar to Nutaku Aigis in that there's typically just the 1 main event* going on a time. So whenever it's time for an advent, it'll either be new or a reprint. Not like DMM Aigis which holds a new event and a revival at the same time, as I understand it.

*main event being advent, raid, or union; ie the stuff that uses up AP/BP. Guild Orders and Tower Quest have their own limited entry system.
Once Guild Orders start in August, they'll just keep running one after another, and there's one for each element. I expect Tower Quest to end up operating in a similar way, but they seem to be having issues to deal with.

Slashley
03-03-2018, 01:40 PM
Well, managed to semi-afk kill level 101 Ult Sloth. Without Kirin.

Method I've started using against high level Sloth:
1. Turn 1, apply Ambush and Sniper Shot, AB to turn 6.
2. Turn 6, Raiko's Atk down, damage cut, Gaia's damage cut, Thor's non-Para skills, execute turn, turn on AAB.

I need to pot at some point usually, depending on DoT resist luck. It's a bit annoying that I can't just pure AAB farm high level Sloths... I started bringing Gaia who cuts heavily into my damage output, but the Overdrives hurt way too much unless I cut them by 70%. Oh, sometimes Thor ruins the Raiko/Gaia combo with Paralyze on turn 7, but that just means that I win anyway.

Running 100 Atk, 100 Dbl, 35 Trpl, 30 Affliction, 100 Resist. Honestly, not sure if this build is any better than yesterday's 100 HP build. But it's hopefully much better for the weaker members of the Union.

VeryVoodoo
03-03-2018, 02:07 PM
Moreover, our version is still old enough that the cap on +burst buffs is 300%. Shingen's provisional forest maxes out at +200%. So for those using Shingen, there ought to only be 100% left before you hit the cap. Any amount of +burst past ~67 grails will be useless for Shingen builds.

Out of curiosity, do you know when the burst cap got raised/changed in the DMM version?

Unregistered
03-03-2018, 02:27 PM
DMM's August 21 update raised the cap to 500%

Slashley
03-03-2018, 02:29 PM
Out of curiosity, do you know when the burst cap got raised/changed in the DMM version?2017/08/21, so Horus advent.

VeryVoodoo
03-03-2018, 03:22 PM
DMM's August 21 update raised the cap to 500%

Does that mean someone like Uriel is currently +buff burst cap'ed by her own abilities even with getting only like half her stacks on? :think:

Unregistered
03-03-2018, 04:04 PM
The skill Uriel has that buffs burst damage would still be bound by that cap
The trait of her burst attack that's something like deal extra damage based on number of stacks is technically not a buff to burst damage, so it would not be limited by that cap.
So Uriel has a way around that cap, so she's happy.

Conversely, someone like Metatron doesn't have a way to circumvent that cap, so she's not happy.

Fire Metatron would, in addition to the usual +burst damage buff, give herself a sneak attack buff to try to amplify damage that way (it affects normal damage, which in turn gets used for burst damage). Additionally, Fire Metatron's burst attack has a side effect of giving herself a burst damage upper limit buff. The wording seems to be the same used as another buff that's described as raising the soft damage cap (not the cap on +burst buffs). She's happier than normal Metatron at least.

VeryVoodoo
03-03-2018, 05:28 PM
The skill Uriel has that buffs burst damage would still be bound by that cap
The trait of her burst attack that's something like deal extra damage based on number of stacks is technically not a buff to burst damage, so it would not be limited by that cap.
So Uriel has a way around that cap, so she's happy.

Conversely, someone like Metatron doesn't have a way to circumvent that cap, so she's not happy.

Fire Metatron would, in addition to the usual +burst damage buff, give herself a sneak attack buff to try to amplify damage that way (it affects normal damage, which in turn gets used for burst damage). Additionally, Fire Metatron's burst attack has a side effect of giving herself a burst damage upper limit buff. The wording seems to be the same used as another buff that's described as raising the soft damage cap (not the cap on +burst buffs). She's happier than normal Metatron at least.

I see. That is good info to have, thank you very much.
Will have to do some testing later. :>

MagicSpice
03-03-2018, 08:17 PM
my union has been really inactive so we currently have less than 50 expert kills and less than 60 ultimate kills, along with never even reaching 200 grails once....

add on the fact that the game is giving me EXTREME lag on top of this (chrome and firefox horribly sucks playing this, i need suggestions here), it's gonna be a rough ride....

lv30 expert without resist grail buffs is a cleanse nightmare, can't imagine lv30 ultimate under the same conditions (add on the fact that we only got 100 atk and about 50 HP atm....)

BlazeAlter
03-03-2018, 09:50 PM
add on the fact that the game is giving me EXTREME lag on top of this (chrome and firefox horribly sucks playing this, i need suggestions here), it's gonna be a rough ride....

I dunno if this will work for you, but have you tried Opera browser?
I used to play on chrome but when it became too laggy for me to handle, I switched to opera and have never experience any lag since (except when I spend 100k gems on the gem gacha)

Unregistered
03-03-2018, 11:39 PM

Did you try using Google Chrome 65 (Beta)?

Slashley
03-04-2018, 01:02 AM
add on the fact that the game is giving me EXTREME lag on top of this (chrome and firefox horribly sucks playing this, i need suggestions here), it's gonna be a rough ride....The servers have been shit lately. If it's the CONNECTING... that's staying there for several seconds whenever you try to do something, that's the server being shitty.

Otherwise, it's your browser. Google is trying to fuck over Flash, so that kind of shit will keep happening as long as you let Chrome update itself.

MagicSpice
03-04-2018, 10:33 AM
The servers have been shit lately. If it's the CONNECTING... that's staying there for several seconds whenever you try to do something, that's the server being shitty.

Otherwise, it's your browser. Google is trying to fuck over Flash, so that kind of shit will keep happening as long as you let Chrome update itself.

if the game was strictly flash, then puffin would work... but run it on puffin and majority of the words and stuff aren't filled in... from what i'm getting, WebGL is like flash, but something else entirely

but yeah, it's running horribly when more players are on. it works fine here and there but when the server gets heavy, music, backgrounds, and attacks take a while to load...

it's honestly part of the reason why i hate debuffs being on a timer instead of wearing off after "X amount of turns". 4 times yesterday, my debuffs wore off before i got in 4 turns cause the game slowed so much and even crashed with an error message a few times

sanahtlig
03-04-2018, 10:35 AM
The maintenance yesterday must've cleared the cache. I had long loading times for each element that loaded for the first time (menus and character animations).

MagicSpice
03-04-2018, 10:39 AM
The maintenance yesterday must've cleared the cache. I had long loading times for each element that loaded for the first time (menus and character animations).

sounds like the problem i had.... only it took more than the first load for me....

was so bad to the point of it making the entire browser slow down... cause even the settings tab didn't respond for a while when i tried to close the game like that

Did you try using Google Chrome 65 (Beta)?

actually, i have. and it quickly stopped working... not sure why, but i had to go back to 64 cause nothing was loading (not even google's home page)

I dunno if this will work for you, but have you tried Opera browser?
I used to play on chrome but when it became too laggy for me to handle, I switched to opera and have never experience any lag since (except when I spend 100k gems on the gem gacha)

i'm gonna have to look into that. hopefully it'll run on windows since i know some browsers don't (like safari)

sanahtlig
03-04-2018, 10:43 AM
Since choice of web browser is a common question, I've added it to my guide. Personally I use UC browser.

MagicSpice
03-04-2018, 10:47 AM
honestly though, this is the same thing i seen happen with Sengoku Providence... compatibility issues with Chrome, then they slightly slowed on updates before saying "screw it, we're done" despite still having a decent playerbase

still bitter on that too cause the swimsuit girls were next to appear, and eventually tsukiyomi who i was already set up to curbstomp

BlazeAlter
03-04-2018, 10:50 AM
honestly though, this is the same thing i seen happen with Sengoku Providence... compatibility issues with Chrome, then they slightly slowed on updates before saying "screw it, we're done" despite still having a decent playerbase

still bitter on that too cause the swimsuit girls were next to appear, and eventually tsukiyomi who i was already set up to curbstomp

I used to have no issues using chrome back then until they did that maintenance after greed union event
After that, whenever I used chrome and leave kamihime open for 30 mins or more without even doing anything, it consumes a lot of memory on my PC and lags to the point where I can't even play properly unless I close the tab and reopen the game

MagicSpice
03-04-2018, 10:55 AM
I used to have no issues using chrome back then until they did that maintenance after greed union event
After that, whenever I used chrome and leave kamihime open for 30 mins or more without even doing anything, it consumes a lot of memory on my PC and lags to the point where I can't even play properly unless I close the tab and reopen the game

definitely a memory leak issue then.... which i honestly get with ReBless on DMM...

but at least with ReBless, it doesn't slow things down. it'll just say "WebGL is out of Memory", freeze the game, then you reload it and play again from there.

but what eats up memory on ReBless is the cutscenes.... you can do stages for hours and you're fine, but the cutscenes will shut you down in about 45 mins or less if you get a lot of them

Unregistered
03-04-2018, 10:58 AM
Try the phone version using chrome on PC. It find it runs much better than the desktop version. Resize the bowser window fix the zoom.

I can't post the URL but hopefully someone else can.

miguelsalvador81
03-04-2018, 02:21 PM
Does union member's share rewards for the kills and points we done on demons or its first come first served?

lolix
03-04-2018, 02:51 PM
would be pretty crappy if it was first come , first served , wouldn't it ? The only thing not shared is the individual rewards

Unregistered
03-04-2018, 03:04 PM
if the game was strictly flash, then puffin would work... but run it on puffin and majority of the words and stuff aren't filled in... from what i'm getting, WebGL is like flash, but something else entirely

but yeah, it's running horribly when more players are on. it works fine here and there but when the server gets heavy, music, backgrounds, and attacks take a while to load...

it's honestly part of the reason why i hate debuffs being on a timer instead of wearing off after "X amount of turns". 4 times yesterday, my debuffs wore off before i got in 4 turns cause the game slowed so much and even crashed with an error message a few times

Puffin used to do that no text thing for me, but lately it seems to run fine. I think either Puffin or the game updated so that it works. Still looking for a good mobile browser though...

miguelcastro81
03-04-2018, 04:02 PM
would be pretty crappy if it was first come , first served , wouldn't it ? The only thing not shared is the individual rewards

Thank you,

Cobblemaniac
03-05-2018, 03:31 AM
Does union member's share rewards for the kills and points we done on demons or its first come first served?

If you're referring to drops, don't worry, raids (whether union or public) doesn't work that way. Drops you get from raids are given so long as you deal damage to the boss (yes, even 1 damage counts, afaik). However, I'm not sure if the chest counts are consistent for all players, but the chest drop rates should be consistent for all participants regardless of damage dealt. The exception to this is the platinum chests for the spawner and the MVPs, they obviously only drop for these 3 (or 2) players, and the MVP likely has a higher chance of getting extra chests.

Union PP is shared between all players in the union. Individual PP is gained WHEN you do damage, so first come first served doesn't really apply.

BlazeAlter
03-05-2018, 05:21 AM
is it just me or did the browser lag get worse?
It was fine yesterday but after they did that brief maintenance a few hours ago, kamihime on opera started to consume a lot of memory just like chrome

LeCrestfallen
03-05-2018, 06:41 AM
installed chrome beta, helped greatly.

Slashley
03-06-2018, 08:20 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0IVWDDgTDg
I meant to do this days ago, but I kept pushing it back. And then suddenly, just before leaving for work, it hit me that I need to do it RIGHT NOW since the Union event was pretty much done, so this was the last time we'd reach a decent level Ultimate boss.

So I didn't have any time for practice or retakes and played like utter shit. Enjoy watching me fail horrendously.

Unregistered
03-06-2018, 08:25 AM
Enjoy watching me fail horrendously.

So, enjoy you being you in your everyday life?

LeCrestfallen
03-06-2018, 08:28 AM
paralyze is really broken if it hits ~~

lolix
03-06-2018, 01:47 PM
welp...we just reached 200 ultimates and 200 experts. We definetly won't perfect this event , but with like 17 members , out of 5-6 active , and the biggest being level 52 , i think we did okay. We probably won't make it to 300 , but should we push for 240 ?

Or focus on experts and try to get the ssr eidolon coppy from the unnion PP ? Thoughts ?

sanahtlig
03-06-2018, 01:48 PM
The SSR weapon is all that really matters. Everything else is just bonus.

MagicSpice
03-06-2018, 10:47 PM
yeah, things is looking bad for me... chrome might let me log in (along with opera which slows to a crawl after 30 mins if it lets me on....), while firefox, edge, IE, and UC Browser get stuck at the loading screen to just start up the game...

and from what i saw, not much activity on my guild, which only has one copy of the SSR weapon (not even one lilim copy for the magic jewels)....

so yeah, i think i'm not gonna get much out of this event.... FML

Puffin used to do that no text thing for me, but lately it seems to run fine. I think either Puffin or the game updated so that it works. Still looking for a good mobile browser though...

it's my last hope cause nothing else is working for me... chrome and opera let me on at times like a raffle.... and i'm just screwed on firefox, Edge, explorer, and UC...

BlazeAlter
03-06-2018, 10:51 PM
yeah, things is looking bad for me... chrome might let me log in (along with opera which slows to a crawl after 30 mins if it lets me on....), while firefox, edge, IE, and UC Browser get stuck at the loading screen to just start up the game...

and from what i saw, not much activity on my guild, which only has one copy of the SSR weapon (not even one lilim copy for the magic jewels)....

so yeah, i think i'm not gonna get much out of this event.... FML

it's my last hope cause nothing else is working for me... chrome and opera let me on at times like a raffle.... and i'm just screwed on firefox, Edge, explorer, and UC...

I actually switched from opera to chrome beta now and I don't lag there thanks to one of the suggestions here. have u tried chrome beta?

MagicSpice
03-06-2018, 10:59 PM
I actually switched from opera to chrome beta now and I don't lag there thanks to one of the suggestions here. have u tried chrome beta?

yeah, i mentioned a while back that it wouldn't let anything load... not even the google home page....

or maybe i got a bad download or something... i'll try reinstalling it too...

Slashley
03-10-2018, 02:01 AM
Well, this has kinda been a tradition.

And with that, I've completed a full cycle of Union events in this Union. Considering how I've outgrown this one, I guess it's time to look for a new one.

Sane
03-10-2018, 02:15 AM

And with that, I've completed a full cycle of Union events in this Union. Considering how I've outgrown this one, I guess it's time to look for a new one.

Slasheley, I will miss you. :rofl:

Cobblemaniac
03-10-2018, 05:45 AM
Slasheley

Oh no :fear:

th3 fr4gil3
03-11-2018, 11:25 AM

Join mine, just me and my 3 alts. :rofl:

Edit: 13 Mil individual, seriously wow. did you sleep? :P

th3 fr4gil3
03-11-2018, 11:29 AM
yeah, i mentioned a while back that it wouldn't let anything load... not even the google home page....

or maybe i got a bad download or something... i'll try reinstalling it too...

I followed Sanah's lead and got UC browser on my PC, seems to do the trick. that said it failed miserably on my phone so i use the chrome based samsung browser, may try the UC mini instead.

Unregistered
03-11-2018, 12:05 PM
Join mine, just me and my 3 alts. :rofl:

Edit: 13 Mil individual, seriously wow. did you sleep? :P

If you join a decent union, it's not too difficult to get 10m+. The higher level expert you can get to, the more PP you can get. The top unions probably get to the high lv200 experts or even lv300s on a daily basis.

Slashley
03-11-2018, 12:05 PM
Edit: 13 Mil individual, seriously wow. did you sleep? :P3mil isn't much, honestly.

The bigger your Union is, the easier it is to get personal PP. I wasn't even trying, and my Union is medium tier...

Unregistered
03-11-2018, 12:20 PM
If you join a decent union, it's not too difficult to get 10m+. The higher level expert you can get to, the more PP you can get. The top unions probably get to the high lv200 experts or even lv300s on a daily basis.

^ this, in top unions 10M+ is average (not that it matters anyways cause people get that across the whole event when in rankings you need to get way more than that in 1 single day).

Marigold
03-11-2018, 03:05 PM
I normally do the 3 Mill of individual PP in two days, note that that's on work days since it normally takes 3 hours to reach 2 millions, if I dedicated a whole day to farm PP I could probably hit 5 million and then stomp on too though (level 200+) raids to solo, that being said I'm by far an average player, certainly not the stronger, imagine if someone stronger than me in a better Union (I'm in my current Union because I have friends there, not because we're tops or anything) would dedicate a whole event to non-stop farm PP, he could probably hit 30 Million.