PDA

View Full Version : What to build?

Dark Eternal
02-26-2018, 02:13 AM
So I've never really played this game seriously, just here and there once every now and then; recently managed to pull an additional 3(4 one became an eye sadly) SSRs with jewels (imagine my shock) so now I'm sitting at a total of 5 SSR.

Light: Sol, Rapael
Lightning: Raiko
Fire: Ares, Uriel

Enough SRs that most teams are composed of SRs (except for dark/light, those still need rares to fill slots). Also got an assorted number of SSR weapons and eidolons lying around from events, been working on skilling those up after reading Sanahtlig's guide. As for souls, I have unlocked most of the tier 1 and 2s from way back, for tier 3 I have Arthur and Joan and working towards Mortred. Most of my teams revolve around including Sol as the primary healer, it seems to work but I can only barely clear ultimate stages and I can't get past rank 2 on the accessory quests. Most of my kamihime are at 3 stars as getting them to 4th star is quite an investment; not sure which one to max first although I'm leaning towards Sol due to how useful she is.

From what I've read thus far seems like with the two fire SSR I have building a main fire team should be doable so long as I can get Amaterasu. If not that, what should I focus on?

Thanks for any advice.

lolix
02-26-2018, 02:45 AM
I'm a newbie myself , but i can tell you from the start what others told me : sol is one of the best kamihimes in the game , and raphael also seems pretty strong.

I'd go and main light if i were you instead of fire

Shieun
02-26-2018, 02:49 AM
one drawback about light is that unless you pull light tsukuyomi, your damage is going to be terribad until you get a decent grid.

I'd give Ares, uriel and Sol in the team a go and then work from there. If you managed to pull Konohana Sakuya or Nergal (R fire hime) then you're pretty much have a workable fire team to start with.

nonsensei
02-26-2018, 03:19 AM
The only problem maining fire these days is that you won't get any fire event for over half a year. So if your grid is yet to be complete, your only choice will be filling it with the disaster lances, which is.. yeah, sorta bad. And yep, you would still need Amaterasu or poor men's Amaterasu (Sakuya) to get decent debuff coverage for your dps-centered units. Coz heck, Ares & Uriel know their stuff.
Light is a solid element to clear content with: no elemental weakness, Sol covering for pretty much any support necessity (especially after AW), and while a bit limited availability for debuffs, they manage to cover for everything.. if you use Sniper Shot, that is. The problem is the aforementioned: without Tsuku, your damage will be lacking. I also can't say it enough times that Tsuku is not only to cover for 50% def debuff, but light resist down also works as a debuff resist break (for light element only). And let's not forget about her godly blind which has a high stick rate & once stuck, the proc rate is about 60~70%. It's pretty handy.
A good light setup currently also needs Diana, since she's the only available A frame def debuff for light as of now. Without her, I'm not sure if I'd recommend going light, then again, I somehow survived without her, too until like 2 weeks ago.

Cobblemaniac
02-26-2018, 03:50 AM
The only problem maining fire these days is that you won't get any fire event for over half a year. So if your grid is yet to be complete, your only choice will be filling it with the disaster lances, which is.. yeah, sorta bad. And yep, you would still need Amaterasu or poor men's Amaterasu (Sakuya) to get decent debuff coverage for your dps-centered units. Coz heck, Ares & Uriel know their stuff.
Light is a solid element to clear content with: no elemental weakness, Sol covering for pretty much any support necessity (especially after AW), and while a bit limited availability for debuffs, they manage to cover for everything.. if you use Sniper Shot, that is. The problem is the aforementioned: without Tsuku, your damage will be lacking. I also can't say it enough times that Tsuku is not only to cover for 50% def debuff, but light resist down also works as a debuff resist break (for light element only). And let's not forget about her godly blind which has a high stick rate & once stuck, the proc rate is about 60~70%. It's pretty handy.
A good light setup currently also needs Diana, since she's the only available A frame def debuff for light as of now. Without her, I'm not sure if I'd recommend going light, then again, I somehow survived without her, too until like 2 weeks ago.

He did mention collecting a bunch of event weapons and eidolons throughout his account's lifetime, it's not a newbie account we're dealing with. Assuming that yes he does have sufficient "fire"power (heh), I don't see a problem with him running fire as his main, he could probably run light as sub, D'Art Raphy Sol form a pretty solid trio for managing content, albeit a bit slow on their own.

nonsensei
02-26-2018, 04:02 AM
Yeah, but as he wasn't specific, I couldn't help, but go hypothetical about it.

sanahtlig
02-26-2018, 07:06 AM
The next Miracle ticket is only a month away. Either element will be viable after that first Miracle pick, and will be a bit handicapped until then. Read my Elemental Team-building Guide and decide which playstyle sounds more appealing.

Unregistered
02-26-2018, 07:40 AM
People often forget to mention that this game is not as hard as some make it seem. You don't need -50% defense and attack down. That is just for the over achievers and min/maxers. Simply having a decent amount is good enough to make it through game.

Sol and Raphael are good enough to start a decent light team. Aling with those 2, using Mordred with Ambush ex skill, you have -45% attack, -30% def and still get Black Propaganda. -50% attack if you got Yatagarasu from the current event and -40% defense if you get Vine from main scenario shop. You have 2 free slots for whomever. I don't remember anything about R light kamihimes since I havent needed to use any in a while.

Your fire team only has 2 attackers that provide team support so they'll be more difficult to use. You can make do using Mordred wih Sniper Shot and the 2 gem gacha R kamihimes with -10% attack and the other with -10% defense, Nergal and Baphomet or something. The problem here now is you have absolutely no heals and no free slots for a healer. Even if you get a healer like Brynhildr, you'll have to give up a debuff or a SSR. You can use Cassiopeia/Andromeda but lose Black Propaganda since you need the stat debuff from Sniper. This can easily change if you get Amaterasu or the R fire kahime Sakuya.

sanahtlig
02-26-2018, 07:53 AM
People often forget to mention that this game is not as hard as some make it seem. You don't need -50% defense and attack down. That is just for the over achievers and min/maxers. Simply having a decent amount is good enough to make it through game.
Have you tried doing Rank 4 Accessory Quests same-element with less than -40% ATK and DEF (including eidolons)? Or with elemental disadvantage? Even with a pretty good team hitting the caps, I often come close to wiping.

Dark Eternal
02-26-2018, 08:13 AM
Thanks for the answers so far guys.

Nergal? I do have her, so a probable setup could be like:
Soul: Ares, Uriel, Nergal, Sol; Raphael and whoever else as backup?

For light I run the following currently:
Soul: Raphael, Sol, Summer Brunhilde, Dike and whoever else to throw in as backup

I think my problem might have to do with weapons, most of my teams only have skill 3-4, usually skill 3 for light (cause Sol's healing) and 3 or so offense for main element and 1 HP (as I can't find more offense weapons). Sitting at roughly 29k attack stat (not sure what this is supposed to mean). I have quite a few fire weapons though, the team runs with 4 attack++ buffs at level 8-12.

I find currently in this event that my wind team is having quite a good time even without a single elemental SSR.

That team is as follows:
Soul: Maeve, Iblis, Sol, Caspiel, other 2 are there to gain XP (changing Caspiel for Raphael would increase debuffs but drive normal hit damage way down, burst damage would remain the same though or something).

I imagine this fun is due to the -50% attack debuffs combined with Joan's skill which allows this team to survive somewhat. The weapons (mostly SR with 1 SSR think from event) give roughly 3 attack+ and 2 HP+, not the best combo so needs work.

Currently running with Joan more than Arthur as I find Arthur can't really survive in ultimate stages. She outputs damage fine but lacks defensive skills for those enrage moments.

If we consider R and SR, what would be an ideal build for light/fire? Let's assume I have most rares since 2016.

Dark is kind of funny as I have a near max level skill 20 weapon (from feeding rares one at a time RoB style) just this past Valentine's day event. Sadly I don't really have much to build on. Dark is limited to Eligos and Beelzub as well as assorted rares.

---

Side note, I currently have enough to max one SSR, should I get Sol her final star? Or save it for someone else?

Unregistered
02-26-2018, 09:48 AM
Have you tried doing Rank 4 Accessory Quests same-element with less than -40% ATK and DEF (including eidolons)? Or with elemental disadvantage? Even with a pretty good team hitting the caps, I often come close to wiping.

I don't run with elemental disadvantage. I've been able to clear all of them with elemental advantage, each with varying defense and attack down values. The only one that I struggled was with water rank 4 trying to use my thunder team as thunder teams do terrible in prolonged battle with no strong debuffs and no heals, to where I had to use Sol as a initial member. She's only in the sub slots for some of my other teams as back up heals.

Eventually I found it easier to just use my dark team for all of them, though I only run rank 4 dark and sometimes light. Its become far too much of a hassle to do rank 4s daily so I mostly just run rank 3s for the rest.

If you're curious, I use Andromeda with Black Propaganda, Satan, LuBu, Osiris and Hades. Sol and Beelzebub in sub slots. Jack o Lantern and Dullahan if running any rank 4s other than light, to be safe, if not, then any decent dark atk eidolon. Best case scenario, no one dies. Worst case scenarios I've gotten of recent, 2 die, maybe 3 if Sol get's killed right after due to her low HP or if I went into rage phase too early. For almost any other fights, I usually swap Andromeda out since Osiris is enough to heal other battles.