PDA

View Full Version : What Eidolons do my friends like?

samdan
03-04-2018, 06:19 AM
... and would you like to be my friend? I need help picking my Eidolons for support purposes.

Here are my SSR Eidolon's:

Dark:
Amphisbaena 4*
Echidna *
Azathoth *

Water:
Reiki 4* +22
Jack Frost 2* +20

Thunder:
Lilim Gula 3*
Huanglong * +20
Thunderbird *

Light:
St Nicholas 3* +20
Archangel *

Fire:
Yatagarasu 4*

I don't have a wind Eidolon at this point.

The only Eidolon set in stone is Reiki because I run a water grid, so I've got 5 open spaces. As a bonus for helping me, I've got 10 open friend spots and if you've got a good water eidolon (4* reiki, jormangandr, fenrir) I will absolutely put another active player in your support. Same name as here, ID 2117752.

Slashley
03-04-2018, 06:43 AM
Only two types really matter.

Elemental attack is by far the best one. If the description doesn't read "character attack" then it's good.
Failing that, HP is okay. These are always character attack, but oh well.

So, Amphisbaena, Reiki and Thunderbird are your only good ones. Jack Frost would be good, but yours isn't leveled. And put Yatagarasu up, better than nothing.

lolix
03-04-2018, 06:50 AM
i kinda like archangel , but then again i have a full light team (even reserves are light) outside of nike

Slashley
03-04-2018, 07:12 AM
i kinda like archangel , but then again i have a full light team (even reserves are light) outside of nikeAbility damage is basically useless, except for Artemis.

And if you main light, you'll quickly find yourself in a situation where even 25% elemental Light attack is better. And that's easily gained even from limit broken R Eidolons.

lolix
03-04-2018, 07:28 AM
which i have , and use over metatron because she hits like a truck with it. Also , pretty sure archangel increases attack by 50% and ability by 20% , which is good IMO.

Actually , archangel and hecatoconchires (hope i spelled it right) are the best ligh eidolons i've saw in my friend;s list

Slashley
03-04-2018, 07:41 AM
50% CHARACTER attack, yes. Which is the exact same thing you get from Assault weapons. That makes Character Attack really bad.

Use elemental attack. If you have any kind of actual grid, you'll do way, way more damage.

lolix
03-04-2018, 07:45 AM
you're telling me that;s not the same thing ? What's the difference ?

Aidoru
03-04-2018, 07:46 AM
Your Thunderbird would be more useful as a friend eidolon for a light team than your actual light eidolons. Arc Angel might be useful for some bosses if you don't have Raphael or want to use them together.

Slashley
03-04-2018, 07:48 AM
you're telling me that;s not the same thing ? What's the difference ?To hyper-oversimplify, the damage formula is this:

WeaponAssault*ElementalAttack

If your Assault grid is low, there won't be much of a difference. But once your Assault grid gets high, you need to get every single little bit of elemental attack you can get your hands on.

lolix
03-04-2018, 08:06 AM
that;s overly complicated for absolutly no reason

MagicSpice
03-04-2018, 10:22 AM
it does seem rather complicated at first, but the overall thing to go for is Atk increases over anything else.

not saying other increases wouldn't help (cause i know HP does for teams like my fire and thunder ones), it's just that atk helps the most.

it's why i got Slephnir (currently gives 55% wind atk and drop rate up), over Jabberwock (50% more wind atk along with ability damage up). Not just cause my wind team doesn't have many wind ability nukes, but it's also cause my grid has a ton of SSR wind items on it, with lv125 weapons to fill a few holes for the time being

Slashley
03-04-2018, 11:34 AM
it's why i got Slephnir (currently gives 55% wind atk and drop rate up), over Jabberwock (50% more wind atk along with ability damage up)--Those are both Character Attack, so for damage output, they're terrible. Garuda or a R with elemental attack would be far stronger.

Using Sleipnir is acceptable on content which you can handle with lower damage output though. Since more drops is better.

Kureru
03-04-2018, 12:04 PM
So, Amphisbaena, Reiki and Thunderbird are your only good ones.

And Echidna. Please use Echidna over Amphisbaena.

Unregistered
03-04-2018, 12:13 PM
Use Echidna outside of light events, Amphisbaena in light events.... and maybe during light accessory days too.

BlazeAlter
03-04-2018, 12:16 PM
How is Echidna better than Amphisbaena?
I have an LB0 Echidna and a MLB Amphisbaena, and they both give 40%, so aren't they the same?

Unregistered
03-04-2018, 12:22 PM
For Echidna, each * adds another 5%. So the 1* Echidna should be giving 45%
Then, you're looking at the tradeoff between 5% dark or 10% light resist. I tend to value resist a lot when applicable.

BlazeAlter
03-04-2018, 12:25 PM
For Echidna, each * adds another 5%. So the 1* Echidna should be giving 45%
Then, you're looking at the tradeoff between 5% dark or 10% light resist. I tend to value resist a lot when applicable.

Ah, I see. That makes sense.
I guess I would do the same if I could get another Echidna and limit break her even once...

Kureru
03-04-2018, 12:35 PM
Echidna is one of the four eidolons Fire players are interested in. The others are Belial, Fafnir and Apocalypse. That's 3 gacha eidolons and one from an event run months ago.

Dark players are not fussed about Echidna vs Amphisbaena but Fire players definitely are. Thunder players are in a similar position (probably worse actually).

BlazeAlter
03-04-2018, 12:45 PM
Echidna is one of the four eidolons Fire players are interested in. The others are Belial, Fafnir and Apocalypse. That's 3 gacha eidolons and one from an event run months ago.

Dark players are not fussed about Echidna vs Amphisbaena but Fire players definitely are. Thunder players are in a similar position (probably worse actually).

So is it recommended to equip an LB0 Echidna over a MLB Yatagarasu?

LeCrestfallen
03-04-2018, 12:48 PM
its more attractive to fire players, however i don't know how the game behaves if you have the same eidelon twice equipped. Usually it shows every main eidelon from your team that got a different element, but echidna is a dark element eidelon, not fire, even though she improves dark/fire.

Slashley
03-04-2018, 02:53 PM
And Echidna. Please use Echidna over Amphisbaena.Oops, missed her. Yeah, Fire players would be pleased.

-- Thunder players are in a similar position (probably worse actually).Dunno, Thunder players have pretty much the same options. Belial/Kirin. Thunderbird/Fafnir in their own elements, Ouro/Echidna in Dark. And the now extinct Phoenix/Apocalypse.

At least Thunder is getting their elemental attack sooner than Fire...

sanahtlig
03-04-2018, 03:07 PM
its more attractive to fire players, however i don't know how the game behaves if you have the same eidelon twice equipped. Usually it shows every main eidelon from your team that got a different element, but echidna is a dark element eidelon, not fire, even though she improves dark/fire.
I explain how the friend eidolon system works in my guide section How to attract strong friends (https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K_dU3rCief_ajPGS9YBuVdxXBYFyCGGXAxYYyK0jzg/edit#heading=h.djp6t5fgyihg).

Unregistered
03-04-2018, 04:01 PM
What about putting Echidna AND Amphisbaena in my primary party slots? Does the game only let you lend out one Eidolon per element?

Slashley
03-04-2018, 04:21 PM
What about putting Echidna AND Amphisbaena in my primary party slots? Does the game only let you lend out one Eidolon per element?No. Only one per element shows up. If you put Echidna in party A, then no other Dark Eidolon can show up.

That's like the first thing that reads in Sanathlig's guide...

QXZ
03-04-2018, 04:43 PM
To hyper-oversimplify, the damage formula is this:

WeaponAssault*ElementalAttack

If your Assault grid is low, there won't be much of a difference. But once your Assault grid gets high, you need to get every single little bit of elemental attack you can get your hands on.

wait a minute... so ur saying that....

this eidolon: http://kamihime-project.wikia.com/wiki/Cat_Sith

is better than this eidolon: http://kamihime-project.wikia.com/wiki/Archangel

is that correct?

Slashley
03-04-2018, 05:03 PM

is that correct?Higher potential, yes. Actually reaching that potential is quite tough due to the stat difference between the R and the SSR... for you. For your friends? Not that tough. Attainable with a pure SR grid.

Wanderer
03-04-2018, 09:12 PM

is that correct?

Assuming another eido grants +40% element atk, and a +130% weapon grid (maxed SR, SSR may not really get it higher)

Cat: (1+1.3) x (1+0.4+0.3) = 3.91
Angel: (1+1.3+0.5) x (1+0.4) = 3.92

Also worth mentioning:
Union event buff: +100% chara atk
Elemental advantage: +45% element atk
Soul exclusive weapon: +30% element atk

QXZ
03-04-2018, 11:10 PM
Assuming another eido grants +40% element atk, and a +130% weapon grid (maxed SR, SSR may not really get it higher)

Cat: (1+1.3) x (1+0.4+0.3) = 3.91
Angel: (1+1.3+0.5) x (1+0.4) = 3.92

Also worth mentioning:
Union event buff: +100% chara atk
Elemental advantage: +45% element atk
Soul exclusive weapon: +30% element atk

Assuming the other eido is +Light char ATK 40% instead, then...

Cat: (1+1.3 + 0.4) x (1+0.3) = 3.51
Angel: (1+1.3+0.5 + 0.4) x (1) = 3.2

so Cat could be +10% better over Angel, if ignoring the stats

MagicSpice
03-04-2018, 11:10 PM
Those are both Character Attack, so for damage output, they're terrible. Garuda or a R with elemental attack would be far stronger.

Using Sleipnir is acceptable on content which you can handle with lower damage output though. Since more drops is better.

well, i have a 1* garuda.... which should give 35% wind i think

no quezetcotl either cause she's the ONE event eidolon i missed getting a copy of...

plus given what you said, i'm guessing ifrit (55%), huanglong (MLB), and hecatonchires (40%) all suck too huh?

i also have azathoth, but also a 3*echidna....

sanahtlig
03-04-2018, 11:22 PM
well, i have a 1* garuda.... which should give 35% wind i think

no quezetcotl either cause she's the ONE event eidolon i missed getting a copy of...

plus given what you said, i'm guessing ifrit (55%), huanglong (MLB), and hecatonchires (40%) all suck too huh?

i also have azathoth, but also a 3*echidna....
You can use my Constitutive Effects Damage Calculator (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PhfOAQk6EyK5l33ux_C4T-cexVIQp6D-_Hbd-OO1OmQ/edit#gid=848984711) to compare how using different Eidolons will affect damage. You also have to factor in the base ATK differences for primary eidolons. See the Index for instructions on how to use the Toolbox.

QXZ
03-04-2018, 11:40 PM
so sanahtlig, what eidos are you running with right now?

sanahtlig
03-04-2018, 11:47 PM
I run a Water and a Wind team.

https://i.gyazo.com/6d5fbf39a927673fe99b5ab458e7ad1b.png

https://i.gyazo.com/ae30b46767fdfccfeced3ba0f37898c4.png

lolix
03-05-2018, 02:28 AM
okay , let me get this straight. All eidolons affect stats given ? I thought only the main eidolon does.

And what exactly does a max wepon grid means anyway ? is there a cap on wepon attack ?

And third ...does specific elemental eidolons give a bigger bonus to their own elements in terms of stats (i mean , ignoring the obvious bonus from the passive ability) ?

Kureru
03-05-2018, 02:42 AM
okay , let me get this straight. All eidolons affect stats given ? I thought only the main eidolon does.

Main eidolon gives stats and passive. Sub eidolons (5 on the right) give stats only. Support eidolon gives passive only.

And third ...does specific elemental eidolons give a bigger bonus to their own elements in terms of stats (i mean , ignoring the obvious bonus from the passive ability) ?

I think it's 10% more stats for matching element. So a water eidolon with 2000 attack would give 2200 to water kamihime, etc.

lolix
03-05-2018, 02:54 AM
oh , good to know. thx.

what aboout the wepons grid tho ?

sanahtlig
03-05-2018, 03:15 AM
And what exactly does a max wepon grid means anyway ?
When I refer to a max weapon grid, I mean a grid of level-maxed, skill-maxed SSR weapons and/or SR assault for a single element. Those who rely on elemental advantage builds may define this differently since they can achieve similar strength with a different investment pattern. Others might contend that a grid that doesn't have solely primary-element SSRs can't be "maxed".

Cobblemaniac
03-05-2018, 03:18 AM
Let's say I have Echinda no LB and Ouroboros 1LB, and an Amphisbaena MLB in that order in party A. Will the friend eidolon system prefer the very first dark element in my team, the highest LB in my team, or the highest stat in my team? (The eidolons are arranged that way)

lolix
03-05-2018, 03:23 AM
When I refer to a max weapon grid, I mean a grid of level-maxed, skill-maxed SSR weapons and/or SR assault for a single element. Those who rely on elemental advantage builds may define this differently since they can achieve similar strength with a different investment pattern. Others might contend that a grid that doesn't have solely primary-element SSRs can't be "maxed".

wait...so a dark SSR wepon (like the one from the last event) , gives stats to a light character for example ? Or it's the same as with eidolons , and it just gives more to a same element ? Also , i'm guessing the skills won't effect characters that don't fit the element either

Because honestly , i'm running a full light team with the exception of nike , and ltierally all other characters have double her hp (i'm running a full light wepon comp)

VeryVoodoo
03-05-2018, 04:12 AM
Let's say I have Echinda no LB and Ouroboros 1LB, and an Amphisbaena MLB in that order in party A. Will the friend eidolon system prefer the very first dark element in my team, the highest LB in my team, or the highest stat in my team? (The eidolons are arranged that way)

You seem a bit lost. How your eidolons are arranged in your party don't matter to your friends at all. They can only see your primary eido equipped from any party in their support eido lists. And out of those, the 1LB ouro would be the preferred one since obviously that gets 45↑ ele atk. For purely Light events though, you can swap to Amphis then, depending on how hard the content/bosses actually hit. Really strong players would probably still prefer the ouro over amphis there, but lower-middling players would probably want amphis.

Cobblemaniac
03-05-2018, 05:00 AM
You seem a bit lost. How your eidolons are arranged in your party don't matter to your friends at all. They can only see your primary eido equipped from any party in their support eido lists. And out of those, the 1LB ouro would be the preferred one since obviously that gets 45↑ ele atk. For purely Light events though, you can swap to Amphis then, depending on how hard the content/bosses actually hit. Really strong players would probably still prefer the ouro over amphis there, but lower-middling players would probably want amphis.

Primary eidolons are the only ones you can use out of a friend list? I was under the impression that support eidos work too

Slashley
03-05-2018, 06:55 AM
And what exactly does a max wepon grid means anyway ? is there a cap on wepon attack ?SR Assault gives you 3% base. SSR Assault gives you 6% base.
Each weapon skill upgrade gives you 0.5%, and as slvl20 is the max, that means 10% per weapon. So 13% per SR and 16% per Assault.

This means that the "cap" is 160%, but realistically, you can reach 100-130% depending on how many HP weapons you'll bring. This % is given only to Hime of the same element as those weapons. However, the base stats are given to all Hime.

You'll want to reach at least 80% Assault from your weapon grid. That's roughly the breaking point where you'll stop caring about Character Attack Eidolons and only care about Elemental Attack Eidolons.
Primary eidolons are the only ones you can use out of a friend list? I was under the impression that support eidos work tooNo, only primary ones are visible to other people.

blubbergott
03-05-2018, 07:23 AM
Damn, I didn't know about the Character Atk thing, thought that was Nutaku being wierd on translation as usual. My entire friendlist is full of Hecatons and Archangels.

So overall the desireable Eidolons would be:

Thunder: Kirin, Thunderbird, Phoenix (light), Ouroboros (dark)
Fire: Belial, Fafnir, Apocalypse (dark), Echidna (dark)
Water: Reiki, Frost, Fafnir (fire), Garuda (wind)
Wind: Garuda
Light: Thunderbird (thunder), Nicholas, Phoenix
Dark: Apocalypse, Echidna, Amphisbaena, Ouroboros

Honorable mentions to Takemikazuchi and Behemoth. Did I miss anyone? Ofc. situationally (especially with ele advantage) some character atk eidos might be pretty equal to better.

Unregistered
03-05-2018, 08:53 AM
How about Jack'o Lantern tho?

sanahtlig
03-05-2018, 09:17 AM
Light: Thunderbird (thunder), Nicholas, Phoenix
Don't encourage new players to use St. Nicholas!

BlazeAlter
03-05-2018, 09:21 AM

is she bad as a main eido? the only thing i dont like about her is the summon effect

Slashley
03-05-2018, 09:25 AM
is she bad as a main eido? the only thing i dont like about her is the summon effectThat's exactly why, we're all traumatized from Valentine raid...

Oh god... people joining the raid and instantly casting St. Nicholas... Dispel it and another one joins and does it... OH GOD MAKE IT STOP

Unregistered
03-05-2018, 09:28 AM
is she bad as a main eido? the only thing i dont like about her is the summon effect

New players won't know about her summon effect and use it immediately at the start of battle if they have her as a friend eidolon. Even higher rank players do as well as seen during the last dark raid event.

BlazeAlter
03-05-2018, 09:49 AM
That's exactly why, we're all traumatized from Valentine raid...

Oh god... people joining the raid and instantly casting St. Nicholas... Dispel it and another one joins and does it... OH GOD MAKE IT STOP

Oh.. right...
that horrible nightmare. I could not stop facepalming the whole event whenever I see them do it...

blubbergott
03-05-2018, 12:25 PM

The summon effect is awesome too. I use it all the time, either to mitigate damage or to reduce my own damage when timing overdrives with the start of a rage phase like in accessories. Sol takes care of it afterwards anyways. But ye, if you don't know about it and use it in raids, it'll just frustrate others. Even had some trolls that were opening a raid, summon nicholas and then just afk. :P

Laventale
03-05-2018, 12:28 PM

I still have PTSD after spotting a red shield on the raid boss' buff/debuff bar.

MagicSpice
03-06-2018, 10:54 PM
I still have PTSD after spotting a red shield on the raid boss' buff/debuff bar.

and this is why i'm glad i have Sol...

but yeah, while nickolas has a decent light atk up, but that def buff on the enemies is a huge troll, so she's not really good for players that can't use her right...

kinda like the flood of lilims i see on my friend lists.... it's a huge atk spike to their element if the conditions are met, but you lose out on 2 characters so it's pretty much a waste unless you have something like awakened Svarog (stackable atk to +40%), and beelzebub (rampage)... even then that's still iffy and you'll need 2 of the same lilim to make the most of it

plus elemental atk is better... meaning a lot of my SSR eidolons are now a waste until I MLB them... lilims would be better off as a sub slot if anything

sanahtlig
03-07-2018, 07:46 AM
kinda like the flood of lilims i see on my friend lists.... it's a huge atk spike to their element if the conditions are met
It's not though. Running a team with 4 or 5 same-element characters is generally going to do more damage, and with no strings attached. Lilims are mainly useful for new players lacking a good grid and other eidolon options. The break-even point vs. a team with 4 same-element members and +90% elemental attack without elemental advantage is at around 40% assault skill, and 75% with elemental advantage.

MagicSpice
03-09-2018, 05:47 PM
It's not though. Running a team with 4 or 5 same-element characters is generally going to do more damage, and with no strings attached. Lilims are mainly useful for new players lacking a good grid and other eidolon options. The break-even point vs. a team with 4 same-element members and +90% elemental attack without elemental advantage is at around 40% assault skill, and 75% with elemental advantage.

i did add the part about losing out on 2 potential attackers....

fucka
03-11-2018, 02:13 PM
neither too much weapon atk nor too much element atk would optimize ur final output. Better they are close to each other.

For example

(1+200% weapon) x (1+100% element) = 600%
(1+100% weapon) x (1+200% element) = 600%

(1+150% weapon) x (1+150% element) = 625%

In this stage of game, there are much more sources increasing your weapon atk than element atk. So atm, element atk eidolon is generally better than charackter atk eidolon, but it doesn't mean it will be like this in any case.
Especially in the future the mlb 70% character up eidolon can outshine mlb 60% element eidolons, if ur friendly eidolo got 100%-120% element atk. the dmg of those charackter atk up eidolons come even close to non-lb-100% element eidolons due to the additional effect (burst dmg or ability dmg up).

U also have to consider atk up buff from ability, which usually increase character atk like weapon skill. If ur team provides alot atk buffs rather than debuffs, then 2x element atk up eidolons could be the better choice again.
So everyone should do a bit math for himself.

Rattington
04-01-2018, 12:26 PM
What about drop Eidos? (Anzu/Sleipner)
I have an Anzu up instead of ThunderBird (who you guys suggest is one of the better ones). I know Thunderbird is good, and works with Thunder and Light, but Anzu can be used by anyone grinding for mats and steamrolling over enemies with or without an offensive boost from friend eidos. I know I love my friends with Anzu and/or Sleipner. Should I switch over to T-Bird? I have no Light so I use both as primaries anyway its just a matter of what order I put them in. (permanent Wind, Water, Fire teams, a grinding/training team w/Anzu, and light/dark/thunder I build and dismantle as needed).

As a side note; I made a killing during the Icarus wind event, (double my normal money). I assumed it was because of MLB Crom Crunch, char atk and hp, because she's not common anymore but I also have echidna up as my dark, so that might have been the reason.

lliane
04-01-2018, 05:28 PM
I have an Anzu up instead of ThunderBird (who you guys suggest is one of the better ones). I know Thunderbird is good, and works with Thunder and Light, but Anzu can be used by anyone grinding for mats and steamrolling over enemies with or without an offensive boost from friend eidos. I know I love my friends with Anzu and/or Sleipner. Should I switch over to T-Bird? I have no Light so I use both as primaries anyway its just a matter of what order I put them in. (permanent Wind, Water, Fire teams, a grinding/training team w/Anzu, and light/dark/thunder I build and dismantle as needed).

As a side note; I made a killing during the Icarus wind event, (double my normal money). I assumed it was because of MLB Crom Crunch, char atk and hp, because she's not common anymore but I also have echidna up as my dark, so that might have been the reason.

1. Anzu's effect is barely above placebo. It is probably more than 0, but not big enough for 99% of vets to bother (or even notice). I would advise against it, for what I am about to say next (Sleipnir is ok for now, but you'll want an ele one somewhere down the line):

2. Don't think of your support eido grid as a gem income; it is pocket change next to gem guerilla quests (which you should be spamming with HE, depending on your HE stock). Instead, think of it as capital for attracting (and keeping) strong friends. At low ranks, 40/20 is probably the best eido since people have low hp and near nonexistant grids. At high ranks, and especially among the more experienced crowd, ele eidos completely take over. Some of the most competitive people go through their lists and religiously kick anyone running a character atk eido. This shouldn't be a worry for you right now, just know it somewhere down the line (and when you reach that point, your grid is probably strong enough that you'd prefer ele eido too).

VeryVoodoo
04-01-2018, 06:18 PM

Simple; during water/dark events where you need to use thunder/light, set your eido that friends see as TB. During events that are not water/dark, feel free to change over to Anzu.
Same thing can be done with Sleipnir: during thunder events, switch over to an element↑ eido like Icarus instead, and then feel free to switch it back to Sleipnir for non-thunder events.

Anyway, that's how I'd do it.

Rattington
04-06-2018, 01:10 AM
(which you should be spamming with HE, depending on your HE stock).

Cool thanks. Sorry, noob questions, but what is HE?

Delete
04-06-2018, 01:12 AM
I think is Half-Elixir

Rattington
04-06-2018, 03:14 PM
Slightly off-topic but still related to eidolons. I have soooooo much eidolon mat right now, all my eidolons are max lvl. Granted my inventory is small (still 50) and I will increase it as soon as green jewel gacha are no longer boosted. Selling is a joke right now 10 gems no matter the rarity! So while neither is ideal; what is better to condense my inventory while keeping as much value as possible, LBing the eidolon mats or enhancing them?

Kimoi
04-06-2018, 04:44 PM
Slightly off-topic but still related to eidolons. I have soooooo much eidolon mat right now, all my eidolons are max lvl. Granted my inventory is small (still 50) and I will increase it as soon as green jewel gacha are no longer boosted. Selling is a joke right now 10 gems no matter the rarity! So while neither is ideal; what is better to condense my inventory while keeping as much value as possible, LBing the eidolon mats or enhancing them?
Only limit break one if you're going to use it; otherwise, it's a waste of gems.

Steel your heart; most veterans either sell them or just let them expire in their inboxes.