PDA

View Full Version : (NEWBIE!!) Re-roll or buy Gacha?

Hentaison
03-08-2018, 07:33 AM
I currently have an account that has Gaia and am contemplating whether to buy 2 more SSR Gacha's. Should I stick with this account or re-roll like crazy?

To tell you the truth, I'm not sure how well I rate this account as I have just started and am on Rank 25. I don't even know if I have the right team balance etc. Appreciate any help.

Laventale
03-08-2018, 08:23 AM
I currently have an account that has Gaia and am contemplating whether to buy 2 more SSR Gacha's. Should I stick with this account or re-roll like crazy?

To tell you the truth, I'm not sure how well I rate this account as I have just started and am on Rank 25. I don't even know if I have the right team balance etc. Appreciate any help.

If you only pull 1 SSR, you should always re-roll until you get 2 of the same element or one of the top eidolons (Belial or Kirin, both being 100% of their respective elements).

sanahtlig
03-08-2018, 08:45 AM
A Wind team would be hard-pressed to start with much better at this point. But certainly you could land a stronger starter team for another element with hundreds of rerolls. See my signature for a guide to hasten the rerolling process, as well as good combinations to start with.

lolix
03-08-2018, 08:46 AM
am i the only one that doesn't understands why people build teams around an eidolon ?

Let;s say you get kirin , and after that you get pure light draws like i got. Eros, metatron , artemis , urans, diana. What use is kirin then ? Especially if i decide to go with a freemium account ?

At best you will have a couple of Rares and SRs that are thunder , but unless you're extremely lucky , the probability is that you won't get what you need.

Ofc , if you are willing to invest money in the game , i guess it;s a good start , but if you leave all your rolls to chance , eidolons don't seem the best start to me

Can someboy explain to me why 100% attack eidolons are so highly recomanded as a basis for a team ?

artista
03-08-2018, 08:53 AM
The odds of you getting an 100% eido in your account are really low so its always a good start because himes are easier to get during your normal jewels draws and miracles tickets if you decide to buy one.
And 100% elemental attack is way too good even if you use a full SR comp.

sanahtlig
03-08-2018, 08:56 AM
We had this debate in another thread recently, but briefly:
A +100% elemental attack eidolon increases damage over a +45% eidolon by 29% for a maxed team. This compensates for the reduced damage (especially on Bursts) from having a team of SRs and Rs, which ultimately impacts your ability to clear Rage phases (generally the bottleneck for victory). In addition, +100% eidolons dramatically increase your chances of landing friends with +100% eidolons. These eidolons also solve the temporary problem of having no access to decent primary and friend eidolons. You can buy more SSR kamihime with Miracle tickets and SSR kamihime tickets, but it's unlikely you'll land a +100% eidolon (much less the one for the element you invested in) during the life of your account without spending thousands of dollars.

lolix
03-08-2018, 08:58 AM
and what happens if you can't even build a team of SRs ? For example , at this point , outside of light , i got no other element even close to building a full team. I have 2-3 at best (3 fire).

Edit: i already said that if you invest money , going for eidolons seems good. My question was , what if you don't ?No matter how i look at it , endgame will most likely require SSRs (or awakened SSRs - which are also aparently the only rarity that can be awakened) rather then SRs or Rs , even with a 100% attack eidolon

sanahtlig
03-08-2018, 09:03 AM
Story SR + Miracle ticket already gives you 2 SR+ kamihime for a given element. Raid events will give you one more. That's nearly a full team right there, though not necessarily a balanced team.

lolix
03-08-2018, 09:21 AM
wait...i think i'm missunderstanding somethihng here. Don't you have to buy miracle tickets ?

Cobblemaniac
03-08-2018, 09:23 AM
wait...i think i'm missunderstanding somethihng here. Don't you have to buy miracle tickets ?

You do. Guides made for players around these parts do assume that they're willing to fork out some cash for the game, although not necessarily for whales; they don't exactly need guides.

F2p is another issue on its own.

lolix
03-08-2018, 09:36 AM
ah...so me talking about playing like a freemium is completly ignored. Fun

artista
03-08-2018, 09:39 AM
When people say its still good with team full of SR and R i dont think its gets more free than that.

sanahtlig
03-08-2018, 10:01 AM
To put it another way: every team has a ceiling. If you start with 2 optimal SSR kamihime picks, you're going to hit that ceiling sooner rather than later. And then what? You'll get bored.

A +100% eidolon raises the ceiling significantly, giving your team more room to grow. Rather than 2 more kamihime, you'll likely need all 4. If your goal is to use one team for all content, there's simply no substitute for a +100% eidolon.

And if you're a free player, you'll probably have more fun seeing your jewel rolls actually improve your team rather than starting with a team that is nearly at full potential and where you'll only see incremental improvements.

lolix
03-08-2018, 10:10 AM
following that logic , it's better to start with no SSR kamihime or eidolon at all , since you will have more room to grow. We both know it doesn't work like that....and rolling 2 more SSR (or even SR) kamihime of the same element that you need as a freemium , with no miracle ticket is very very unlikely.

That being said , i did some rolls out of sheer boredom (should have kept them till a spotlight that fits me apears , but oh well...) and got Satan and Meretseger. I previously rolled beelzebub and bastet , so now i have a black team as well. Satan should be decent because of her debuffs , but dunno about the others. They don't seem that good

Unregistered
03-08-2018, 10:14 AM
What's hard about building SR teams? We'll be getting more jewels from events going forward compared to the 1st year. (I'm a free player who started at launch; even still have the 7 jewels from pre-reg... not that they can be consumed)

Cobblemaniac
03-08-2018, 10:20 AM
following that logic , it's better to start with no SSR kamihime or eidolon at all , since you will have more room to grow. We both know it doesn't work like that....and rolling 2 more SSR (or even SR) kamihime of the same element that you need as a freemium , with no miracle ticket is very very unlikely.

I guess the end of the day the question is your end goal(?) Looking for being OP in the game? Gotta cash at least a little. Looking to just burn some time away? Don't need to cash. Need the hentai? Err we have an active thread in this forum for that.

You playing freemium, there's nothing wrong with that. If you're seeking advice over here, you might want to specify that very point, and take notes that we don't have much experience on the f2p side of things.

lolix
03-08-2018, 10:37 AM
not going to invest money in a nutaku game again.

Still i find it weird that literally every advice thread automatically assumes the player is going to spend. In aigis , we used the f2p stuff (either event or story - given ) as the base for team building (even tho the majority of the harem battle users were actually using money on the game. ) and when giving advice , so i'm kinda used to that.

Aidoru
03-08-2018, 10:45 AM
That's because you're only reading advice from the same person.

Unregistered
03-08-2018, 10:46 AM

Who has a really big ego and shallow mindset.

Unregistered
03-08-2018, 10:48 AM
People who ask for advice here tend to skew towards willing to spend money, as far as I can recall.

The few times I've seen players ask for freeplay advice usually do so without providing specific details. In those cases, the best generic advice tends to be 'do the research, learn mechanics, figure out what you want, and plan when to roll accordingly'.

lolix
03-08-2018, 10:58 AM
People who ask for advice here tend to skew towards willing to spend money, as far as I can recall.

The few times I've seen players ask for freeplay advice usually do so without providing specific details. In those cases, the best generic advice tends to be 'do the research, learn mechanics, figure out what you want, and plan when to roll accordingly'.

so...the polite equivalent of "git good" ?

Cobblemaniac
03-08-2018, 11:01 AM
so...the polite equivalent of "git good" ?

If you look at it that way :neutral:

This IS a gacha game, so "git gud" doesn't exactly have the same meaning. Pray to RNGesus as number 1, number 2 being work with what you have. The game seems to be somewhat lenient to free players though, given that they actually do hand out freebies to supply your gacha rolling pretty often these days.

Unregistered
03-08-2018, 12:04 PM

^ This, people in these forums do exactly what sana tells them, since sana assumes you are going to buy miracle tickets, so you should take what he says with a grain of salt and assuming his guides are just for basic gameplay, cause anything related to "advanced" stuff in them is plain wrong.

Unregistered
03-08-2018, 12:04 PM
If someone can or cannot get a miracle ticket, then they just need to specify that when they post or when brought up by someone else if they didn't know what they were. It's not something to make a big deal over. Simply having it as a possible option alone opens up another layer of advice one can give, which is why people bring up it up until specified they can't buy one.

Hentaison
03-08-2018, 02:20 PM
So in conclusion, I should re-roll is the gist of this whole conversation as Gaia alone is not going to help?

Sora
03-08-2018, 02:25 PM
We had this debate in another thread recently, but briefly:
A +100% elemental attack eidolon increases damage over a +45% eidolon by 29% for a maxed team. This compensates for the reduced damage (especially on Bursts) from having a team of SRs and Rs, which ultimately impacts your ability to clear Rage phases (generally the bottleneck for victory). In addition, +100% eidolons dramatically increase your chances of landing friends with +100% eidolons. These eidolons also solve the temporary problem of having no access to decent primary and friend eidolons. You can buy more SSR kamihime with Miracle tickets and SSR kamihime tickets, but it's unlikely you'll land a +100% eidolon (much less the one for the element you invested in) during the life of your account without spending thousands of dollars.

What about limited Kamihime?
I am building a Dark Team and my core hime is at the moment Dark Ama...
Later we will get a 100% Dark attack eidolon... So, how high is the probability to get Dark Ama afterwards? I can't buy her with a miracle ticket. If I am unlucky, then maybe I won't get her with jewels alone and have to spend a lot of money. (150€ is my limit and I won't spend more. It would really sucks if I don't get her afterwards)

And what about I just make a second account with 100%attack eidelon and add my main into my friendlist?

sanahtlig
03-08-2018, 02:42 PM
following that logic , it's better to start with no SSR kamihime or eidolon at all , since you will have more room to grow.
That's willfully missing the point. A team with a +100% eidolon can clear content with weaker kamihime, and benefits more from stronger kamihime. What would be side-grades to a team that started with a fuller roster would be upgrades to a team that didn't. Beyond that we'd have to get into specifics about particular elements, and the likelihood of being able to throw together a balanced team in X amount of time with or without spending money. Unless someone else wants to chime in and lecture on that topic, I'll pass. I'll never have a +100% eidolon, so the topic really isn't that important to me. I give two options for rerollers: core kamihime, or +100% eidolons. It's up to them to choose what they want.

What about limited Kamihime?
I am building a Dark Team and my core hime is at the moment Dark Ama...
Later we will get a 100% Dark attack eidolon... So, how high is the probability to get Dark Ama afterwards? I can't buy her with a miracle ticket. If I am unlucky, then maybe I won't get her with jewels alone and have to invest a lot of money.
Dark Amaterasu is the best you can hope for as a starter kamihime for a Dark team right now. There's no point in agonizing about possibilities that are closed to you. As for chances of rolling limited kamihime, I give you the following table.

https://i.gyazo.com/1ea9fe8e20230d32d3c2bfdc575e3802.png

Slashley
03-08-2018, 02:50 PM
following that logic , it's better to start with no SSR kamihime or eidolon at all , since you will have more room to grow. We both know it doesn't work like that....and rolling 2 more SSR (or even SR) kamihime of the same element that you need as a freemium , with no miracle ticket is very very unlikely.I think you're looking at this the wrong way around.

Think of the P2W Eidolons as having... let's say 2 SSR Hime of that element. They don't take slots from the team, but you're still ridiculously powerful. And that powerfulness will only increase because getting Friends with P2W Eidolons, giving you effectively 2 more SSR Hime which don't take slots from the team.

As soon as your Soul can cover -40% Def, you'll do a ridiculous amount of damage with a full R / bad SR team. If you actually DO ever pull a SSR of the right element? Then you're absolutely golden.

That's why the 100% P2W Eidolons are so valued. Unless you're willing to sink TENS OF THOUSANDS of dollars into game, you'll never, ever find one otherwise. As they're a whale money sink, the odds are just stacked so badly against you. A free player will never, ever find one unless you started the game with one.

And if you are willing to pay for the game - like 50 bucks per 3 months - you'll be far, far stronger than any other non-whale player can ever hope be in about a year (including players who re-rolled two core SSR Hime). It's up to you do you want to pay or not, but do remember that there's pretty much no hobby in the real world that you can do for a full year for a mere 200 bucks. Even hiking shoes will probably cost you more than that. With zero gambling involved, the argument can be made that it's "worth it" but... that obviously depends on you.
^ This, people in these forums do exactly what sana tells them, since sana assumes you are going to buy miracle tickets, so you should take what he says with a grain of salt and assuming his guides are just for basic gameplay, cause anything related to "advanced" stuff in them is plain wrong.If any of the stuff are plain wrong, do point them out.

And Sanathlig assumes it because... well, that is absolutely the only way you can actually build a team in this game. There's a few individuals who have gotten absolutely ridiculously lucky with Gacha and built near-ideal SSR teams without paying supposedly, but people like that are 0.001% of the playerbase. Is there a point to making a guide if only 0.001% of people can make use out of it? Because the alternative version is pretty much "x y z w is the ideal team, didn't get lucky? put whatever you get from the gacha into your team, good luck!"
So in conclusion, I should re-roll is the gist of this whole conversation as Gaia alone is not going to help?This thread has been hi-jacked, heh.

You probably could keep re-rolling, but the question is... what is enough, then? You'll have to decide that for yourself.

artista
03-08-2018, 02:56 PM
I think im in that 0.001% player database as i got 4 dark SSR in one month (2 from reroll and the other 2 on normals jewels draws). Feels so good :squint:

sanahtlig
03-08-2018, 03:00 PM
So in conclusion, I should re-roll is the gist of this whole conversation as Gaia alone is not going to help?
There is no right answer to this question. I gave you my assessment in my first reply. It just depends on your willingness to reroll a lot (100+ times), how quickly you want you want to be able to reach full strength (2 core SSR kamihime is better than 1), whether you want to be stuck with Fire by default, and whether you're willing to wait a month for the other +100% eidolons to release. Gaia is fine as a starter pick and most players would be satisfied with it. As long as you Miracle it at least 2x you'll have a strong team in 5 months.

There's also the matter of we don't know which kamihime will be available with the upcoming Miracle tickets yet. Just have to wait and see.

lolix
03-08-2018, 03:43 PM
I think im in that 0.001% player database as i got 4 dark SSR in one month (2 from reroll and the other 2 on normals jewels draws). Feels so good :squint:

well , i have less then a month and i rolled 5 (4 actually + 1 coppy) , but that doesn't mean they are great...or the same element. As we can see , having SSRs means little if they can't do what you need them to do (which from what i gather, attack/defense debuffs seems to be the meta right now)

artista
03-08-2018, 04:18 PM
well , i have less then a month and i rolled 5 (4 actually + 1 coppy) , but that doesn't mean they are great...or the same element. As we can see , having SSRs means little if they can't do what you need them to do (which from what i gather, attack/defense debuffs seems to be the meta right now)

I got hades for attack debuff, amon unleashed for def debuff. Osiris for some heals and Susanoo is the one that really doesnt contribute to anything but its still some good damage so i can say i was really lucky considering i didnt pay 1 buck for this.

Hentaison
03-13-2018, 06:38 PM
Just posting an update and thanks to everyone for their contributions. I spent a day re-rolling and ended up with some good accounts. Two notable ones are Satan, Hades and Huanglong while the second one is Svarog, Odin and Hades. Is there anything else I need for either apart from maybe a better Eidolon?

Also I’ll do a seperate post for account giveaways