PDA

View Full Version : Account Mega-Giveaway and User Survey

sanahtlig
03-08-2018, 08:54 PM
Survey link (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1YQkW1UN9z_tjEA7BUDtVQUWAeGvoAucK_mnbjwNl55k/edit) (Google Forms)

Update 3/17/18: Survey results posted here (https://harem-battle.club/kamihime-project/4358-account-mega-giveaway-user-survey-3.html#post109828).
Update 3/12/18: The Account Mega-Giveaway is now closed. Thank you to everyone who participated! Users are still welcome to fill out the survey.

Spring is here, and so is my first Mega-Giveaway! Thanks to the efforts of everyone who's used my Rerolling Guide (https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K_dU3rCief_ajPGS9YBuVdxXBYFyCGGXAxYYyK0jzg/edit#heading=h.bkfnmrchpxxo) to reroll for a top-class team and given me their spare accounts, I have over 200 accounts with SSR kamihime or +100% eidolons to give away.

Highlights include:
1 Belial
3 Kirin
3 Sol (2 of them paired with other SSRs)
4 Amaterasu
2 Dark Amaterasu
6 Gaia (4 paired with other SSRs)
So many accounts with strong SSRs that I'm not going to bother counting!

All I ask is that users fill out a survey to help me match them with accounts, understand the behavior/habits and knowledge of new players, and gauge interest in my content.

New players and veterans alike are welcome to participate in the survey, regardless of whether they want an account or not. You'll need a Google account to participate. Assuming I collect enough valid responses, I plan to release summary data for the questions that might be of general interest to the community. If I see sufficient interest, I'll consider a follow-up poll to collect other types of data as well, as I did for Girls Kingdom.

Feel free to discuss the survey in this topic as well. Just don't give away the answers to the knowledge-base questions until I post results!

Laventale
03-08-2018, 10:44 PM
Great poll in general, I feel like it basically covered everything.

Hope the results come in soon enough.

sanahtlig
03-08-2018, 11:01 PM
I have 6 replies so far, which is pretty good considering this is a small community and the survey hasn't been up very long. The answers are definitely entertaining me so far. Should make for a fascinating summary. There's more diversity in the replies than I expected.

Void
03-09-2018, 12:07 AM
I'm more on a dilemma on starting over but this is my current main......
It got Hades, Amon Unleashed, Raiko, Tyr, Ea and Metatron. No SSR Eidolons. Been relying on SR Anzu to farm.
Got SSR fire sword besides the SSR kamihime had. Close on unlocking 1st legendary soul.
I've been amassing jewels for Thanatos and hopefully Pluto if I can get Thanatos in lesser amount of spins.
I don't mind buying Miracle Ticket if only there are more other options to purchase.......I'm reluctant in opening a credit card account right now. I might later on.....

AzureSkye
03-09-2018, 02:26 AM
Interesting survey, looking forward to seeing some of the results from it.

I'm curious as to why the other english wiki is not present on the list of Information Sources, or in the "Useful Links and Resources" part of your guide. Do you personally find it unuseful or is it because it clashes somewhat with the Harem Battle wiki?

Cobblemaniac
03-09-2018, 03:46 AM
Interesting survey, looking forward to seeing some of the results from it.

I'm curious as to why the other english wiki is not present on the list of Information Sources, or in the "Useful Links and Resources" part of your guide. Do you personally find it unuseful or is it because it clashes somewhat with the Harem Battle wiki?

If you're referring to the wikia wiki... it's pretty darn barren at the moment, would require a crap ton of work to fix to actually make it useful

Unregistered
03-09-2018, 03:58 AM
If you're referring to the wikia wiki... it's pretty darn barren at the moment, would require a crap ton of work to fix to actually make it useful

The wikia one has had several people actively populating information on there for a good few months. What specifically is missing on there that would be needed to make it more useful?

Delete
03-09-2018, 04:15 AM
I also find information basically on Wikia. Specially the abilities table is very clear and useful.

Skydragon0
03-09-2018, 06:10 AM
That's very nice, very interested in this., already filled it out

sanahtlig
03-09-2018, 08:15 AM
I actually wasn't even aware of it, likely for the same reason I couldn't understand you here: people seem to refer to both the Wikia and Harem-Battle resources as "English Wiki". Looks like it became more active in August 2017, which is long after I was looking around for English resources. I mainly use the JP wiki, so I'm not as well-connected with English resources as some of my users, apparently.

I added it to the survey. That question should've had an "Other" option, and I've fixed that as well.

I also updated the Useful Links and Resources section of my guide with the Wikia, as well as short descriptions of what I think are the useful aspects of each resource.

I'll likely begin processing accounts this weekend. I've currently received 25 responses.

Cobblemaniac
03-09-2018, 10:37 AM
The wikia one has had several people actively populating information on there for a good few months. What specifically is missing on there that would be needed to make it more useful?

Perhaps I've misphrased it, it's not exactly information that the wiki is lacking, but simplicity. Information sections of the wiki are written like a calculations section, which IMO really contributes to the confusion, cause I'm pretty sure one goes to a wiki for quick and simple information grabs. By the time you've figured out what the wiki guides actually talk about, you probably have figured out how the mechanics work, which kind of defeats the purpose of a wiki guide.

sanahtlig
03-09-2018, 11:19 AM
The Wikia explains some basic interface elements and mechanics that I assume people will pick up from reading the in-game tutorial and simple experimentation. It's useful for that. I get occasional...

Marigold
03-09-2018, 11:29 AM
I think he means that you should polish the guide aesthetically to improve it
It will take hours to do so and probably would need a new engine not as reliable as Google's to be what people have always wanted it to be, personally I don't think it's that hard to use or something, you just need to read to have a cohesive understanding on how to use them both(?
There's always been comments like this, ever since I joined the game.

sanahtlig
03-09-2018, 08:59 PM
Just a reminder to all participating in the giveaway: If you don't message me on Discord, I won't necessarily be able to find you. If I can't find you, I can't give you an account.

sanahtlig
03-10-2018, 09:50 AM
I've fulfilled 3 accounts so far. The vast majority of users requesting accounts never messaged me on Discord, while I'm waiting on responses from a few others.

Laventale
03-10-2018, 12:27 PM
The fact that you pulled 3 Kirins and only 1 Belial makes me wonder if she's even harder to pull than the other 100% eidos.

Time will tell once the other elements' eidolons get released.

sanahtlig
03-10-2018, 12:32 PM
The fact that you pulled 3 Kirins and only 1 Belial makes me wonder if she's even harder to pull than the other 100% eidos.

Time will tell once the other elements' eidolons get released.
No, what it means is that users who got Belial kept her, and kept rolling when they got Kirin.

sanahtlig
03-11-2018, 03:25 PM
One of the recurring themes as I peruse the survey results and converse 1-on-1 with users is the many ways information can be misunderstood. Two users I talked with today illustrate this point. One user who had been rerolling contacted me for an account with Sol and another SSR. Turns out he was sitting on an account with Belial and another with Cthulhu and Snow Raphael, and no one would've been the wiser if I hadn't had him list all his accounts. Another user had Gaia and Hastur, had been playing nearly since launch, and wanted a new account with any 3 same-element kamihime because his Fire team with Ares wasn't as strong as his friends'.

I feel like a large proportion of the community is living in a haze of tunnel vision and misinformation, and I think the survey results will bear that out. I'll probably post the results next weekend. It's a sort of irony that the most consequential decision many players will make will be made before they are capable of thinking for themselves.

Unregistered
03-11-2018, 04:34 PM
One of the recurring themes as I peruse the survey results and converse 1-on-1 with users is the many ways information can be misunderstood. Two users I talked with today illustrate this point. One user who had been rerolling contacted me for an account with Sol and another SSR. Turns out he was sitting on an account with Belial and another with Cthulhu and Snow Raphael, and no one would've been the wiser if I hadn't had him list all his accounts. Another user had Gaia and Hastur, had been playing nearly since launch, and wanted a new account with any 3 same-element kamihime because his Fire team with Ares wasn't as strong as his friends'.

And there are others like me that getting Amaterasu after one month playing, then Aphrodite, and Raiko after a while, is more than happy D: And I did get nothing in first rolls, but I founded the rerolling after beating 4 events and reaching lvl 50 so... xD

eyeofstorms
03-11-2018, 07:42 PM
just wanted to say thank you for the Dakki account!

sanahtlig
03-11-2018, 09:34 PM
I'm now wrapping up the giveaway. I still have plenty of accounts, but my time to process requests is currently limited. I'll continue to process requests from those who have already submitted a survey, but will not be accepting new requests. Since I still have plenty of accounts, I may re-open the giveaway in the future. In the meantime, everyone is welcome to use my Rerolling Guide (https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K_dU3rCief_ajPGS9YBuVdxXBYFyCGGXAxYYyK0jzg/edit#heading=h.bkfnmrchpxxo) to reroll their own dream accounts. Thank you to everyone who participated.

I'm still accepting surveys, and plan to present the results in the next 1-2 weeks.

sanahtlig
03-16-2018, 11:03 AM
Summary statistics for the survey are now available here (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aH5grFOx4zhTcnVJ53w6_xd39iKhHOuu/view?usp=sharing). I posted the survey on Harem-Battle, Reddit, and the Kamihime Project General Chat on Discord. The survey sample will represent some mixture of these populations.

Analysis and interpretation: I recommend looking at the characteristics of the survey sample before trying to interpret the results (i.e., not necessarily reading in the order the questions were presented). Pay attention to the total number of responses for each question, as not all questions were shown to every user; some questions were only shown if the user gave a specific answer to a previous question, and others were added only later. I may post my own analysis when time permits.

Display issues: I had to convert to PDF to truncate the contact info from the summary. Unfortunately, this caused some display issues. Some of the comments on the last page were also truncated for the same reason. Below is my key for the plots that are unreadable.

What is your main goal in playing Kamihime Project?
To clear all content at the highest difficulty
To clear as much as possible with the least time investment
To clear as much as possible while spending little or no money
To collect event items efficiently
To collect characters and/or watch H-scenes

Check the following for which you'd consider spending.
Miracle tickets
SSR Kamihime Gatcha
SSR Eidolon Gatcha
Limited SSR Kamihime

Where do you mainly get your information about Kamihime Project?
In-game tutorials and announcements
English wiki on Harem Battle
English wiki on Wikia (this option was added later and therefore underestimates the true number)
Sanahtlig's Kamihime Project Guide and/or Toolbox
Harem Battle forums
DMM wiki (JP)
Kamihime Project General Chat on Discord
Union Channel on Discord

Sanahtlig's Kamihime Project Game Guide
Which sections have you found useful?
Useful Links and Resources
Rerolling Guide
Game Mechanics
Gatcha
Basic build strategies