PDA

View Full Version : Ares vs Azazel and some varied thoughts

Delete
03-09-2018, 04:52 AM
Hello everyone¡¡¡
I'm new poster here, but I have been reading the forum for some time.

I have both Azazel and Ares, and I don't understand how Ares has that good reputation and nobody seems to like Azazel. The Player's Poll (Ares 8th, Azazel 29th) and varied player opinion seems to vastly prefer Ares. I find both really similar, but the auto-heal on Azazel seems to me much more useful than the extra burst on Ares. Is it the future Awakening of Ares? The fact that Ares is an original one? Some fact that I have missed?

My first SSR was Amaterasu, and I try to have good all the elements while clearly main Fire. Recently clear my first Accessory T4 without elixir (very proud of that)...but was wind; I lack a bit of confidence to try still to try on other elements. But I have an unexpected problem to really main Fire; the lack of fire events. I begin playing on Halloween. I was still too soft to do anything useful on the Wrath Crucible. And since then...a frustrating time until now, and a barren look to the future, with only the Yatagarasu reprint to help me. I would love to have more SSR fire weapons and event Eidolons, but the game has other ideas.

Other thing... have I bad luck, or Attack Up and Affliction Rate Up accessories are more rare than others? Mode Gauge, Defense Up and Ability Damage Up drops seems much more high (no problem with that Defense Up).

Like I said, I main Fire, but try to keep all elements on good shape. A bit of middle road between only one good element and working on all equally. I know that is not optimal, but I find one forgotten pro on having multiple elements; variety. Using the same team for all content with only small variations for each boss seems boring. Of course, I know that is something very subjective. But I have some curiosity. I am the only to think like that?

Sorry if there are some mistakes on my English; is not my native language. I am from Barcelona (Spain), and would like to know if there are here more people from Spain.

That's all; thanks for your time, and good game ¡¡¡ ^^

Slashley
03-09-2018, 05:21 AM
-- Is it the future Awakening of Ares?--This.
Unawaked Ares is... okay. Not anything special, but okay. Really, on the same boat with Azazel.

Once Awakened, Ares powers up a fair bit. Not enough that you'd pick her over Svarog/Uriel, but certainly still good.
-- But I have an unexpected problem to really main Fire; the lack of fire events. I begin playing on Halloween. I was still too soft to do anything useful on the Wrath Crucible. And since then...a frustrating time until now, and a barren look to the future, with only the Yatagarasu reprint to help me. --Yes. Unfortunately, it is a terrible time to be maining fire (as a new player who hasn't been part of the previous Fire events). For months, your weapon grid is going to be 8x Disaster SR, 1 Yata Gun and some random Fire R for whatever Hero you need to use...
Other thing... have I bad luck, or Attack Up and Affliction Rate Up accessories are more rare than others? Mode Gauge, Defense Up and Ability Damage Up drops seems much more high (no problem with that Defense Up).Yes, unfortunately. This honestly drains all my fun out of doing Accessory quests, as 90%+ of the stuff you get are absolutely useless garbage.

lolix
03-09-2018, 06:17 AM
wait. The wepon the hero uses doesn't give stats to the rest of the party ?

Kureru
03-09-2018, 06:32 AM

It does, but sometimes you have no choice but to use a rare because the soul needs a specific weapon type.

Unregistered
03-09-2018, 06:32 AM

It affects the party no different than the rest. You could have easily tested this simply by removing the weapon and looking at the stats of your team.

What they're saying above is that fire doesn't have any events for a long time, so they're stuck using whatever they can get for their soul, even if it's a R weapon. It really only applies if you just started the game recently.

Delete
03-09-2018, 06:44 AM
I found it funny when I read the lack of enthusiasm people here had with the Yatagarasu reprint, while I was pretty excited to at last have a Fire event. Logical, as it was a second reprint, but funny none the less.

My weapon selection for fire is passable. Not great, but I can work with things like the fire from Koihime. The lack of good SSR weapons is a problem. I look the event SSR weapons I have for water and light...

The wait for the Ares Awakening seems sooooo long. Specially with Thor looking me with puppy eyes saying "awake me, plis".

Edit: It depends what is "recently". I began just on time for Halloween, and was too newbie to Wrath. I think I really began on the worst possible moment to main fire.

Unregistered
03-09-2018, 07:42 AM
I found it funny when I read the lack of enthusiasm people here had with the Yatagarasu reprint, while I was pretty excited to at last have a Fire event. Logical, as it was a second reprint, but funny none the less.

My weapon selection for fire is passable. Not great, but I can work with things like the fire from Koihime. The lack of good SSR weapons is a problem. I look the event SSR weapons I have for water and light...

The wait for the Ares Awakening seems sooooo long. Specially with Thor looking me with puppy eyes saying "awake me, plis".

Edit: It depends what is "recently". I began just on time for Halloween, and was too newbie to Wrath. I think I really began on the worst possible moment to main fire.

People didn't care for Yata event because many already got everything of value. This is the third time we've had the event and they didn't restock anything.

Starting right now is the worst possible time for fire.

Unregistered
03-09-2018, 07:51 AM
Oh dear. Reading this makes me kinda sad xD

Just started and fire is my main team

Cobblemaniac
03-09-2018, 07:58 AM
Oh dear. Reading this makes me kinda sad xD

Just started and fire is my main team

3 months without a fire event, in case you were wondering. If you haven't progressed too late/ don't have a particularly good fire account/ don't have Belial, this is quite a good time to bail while you can.

bigblackcock
03-09-2018, 08:16 AM

err..not that long, she'll get awakened somewhere in april (20something) so..about 1 month and 2 weeks or so

OtherGuy02
03-09-2018, 08:19 AM
Having both Ares and Azazel, I can say that I heavily rate Azazel. She's an incredibly powerful kamihime to have if you have the right support for her and fortunately that comes in the form of one of the "must-haves" for any wind team; Awakened Gaia. I do admit she is very hard to keep alive while leveling up since she doesn't get her regen/life drain skill til I think 55? But when she gets to max and with a decent skills rotation between her heal buff and Awakened Gaia's regen she's barely takes any damage from her Overheat DoT and gets amazing benefits that last a very long time for buffs of that kind and effectivity.
I know she doesn't have one as of yet, but I can't wait to get her Awakened form. She's a currently one of my favourite kamihime that I have just in terms of raw power she brings to a more all-rounder type element group but also in her design too.

Unregistered
03-09-2018, 08:21 AM
3 months without a fire event, in case you were wondering. If you haven't progressed too late/ don't have a particularly good fire account/ don't have Belial, this is quite a good time to bail while you can.

got belial, juts reached lv. 39 and most kamihime I got are fire ones...

Cobblemaniac
03-09-2018, 08:31 AM
got belial, juts reached lv. 39 and most kamihime I got are fire ones...

Fortunately or unfortunately then, I'd stick to that account. Farm up them disaster SR assaults, you're gonna need all the firepower (pun not intended) you can get until the fire events roll in.

Slashley
03-09-2018, 08:46 AM
got belial, juts reached lv. 39 and most kamihime I got are fire ones...The good news is, after the dry period there will be three Fire events in less than two months.

... the bad news is, after that there are many months of no Fire events again...

sanahtlig
03-09-2018, 09:00 AM
Upgrades in KamiPro are much more incremental than players tend to realize. If you take away accessories (which were a new feature added; diminishing returns didn't apply) and the Miracle ticket, my account hasn't grown all that much stronger in the past 6 months. SSR weapons don't make that big a difference (except vs. an R as a primary weapon), especially individually. Primary eidolon DOES matter; if you're relying on Yatagarasu, you're potentially losing out on up to 23% damage. That approaches the benefit a typical player would get from a +100% eidolon.

lolix
03-09-2018, 09:02 AM
speaking of events....any light event comming up ?

JStar
03-09-2018, 09:16 AM
speaking of events....any light event comming up ?

Well, there is the Barong Raid event coming up in early-mid April, so you can look forward to that...

Delete
03-09-2018, 09:24 AM
Upgrades in KamiPro are much more incremental than players tend to realize. If you take away accessories (which were a new feature added; diminishing returns didn't apply) and the Miracle ticket, my account hasn't grown all that much stronger in the past 6 months. SSR weapons don't make that big a difference (except vs. an R as a primary weapon), especially individually. Primary eidolon DOES matter; if you're relying on Yatagarasu, you're potentially losing out on up to 23% damage. That approaches the benefit a typical player would get from a +100% eidolon.

My only Fire Eidolons are MLB Yatagarasu and...MLB Fire Prison :sad:
But...I have Echidna, recently with 1 Limit Break. My assault % right now is 82%. I better use Echidna as "fire" main Eidolon, then?

Slashley
03-09-2018, 09:26 AM
speaking of events....any light event comming up ?I'm pretty sure I've linked the encyclopedia in Sanahtlig's toolbox (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PhfOAQk6EyK5l33ux_C4T-cexVIQp6D-_Hbd-OO1OmQ/edit#gid=1090858479) to you multiple times, which has a list of all the upcoming events.

The next one seems to be in about a month. Good Eidolon, good weapon, amazing Dark SSR Hime, good times?
But...I have Echidna, recently with 1 Limit Break. My assault % right now is 82%. I better use Echidna as "fire" main Eidolon, then?Absolutely! With 1-star, I don't think you'll even be behind veteran Fire players.

sanahtlig
03-09-2018, 09:51 AM
My only Fire Eidolons are MLB Yatagarasu and...MLB Fire Prison :sad:
But...I have Echidna, recently with 1 Limit Break. My assault % right now is 82%. I better use Echidna as "fire" main Eidolon, then?
Yes, you should expect a >10% damage increase.

Delete
03-09-2018, 10:09 AM
Thanks, I will change to Echidna.
The damage increase of such change will be lesser agaisnt Wind, of equal for all elements?

lolix
03-09-2018, 10:12 AM
I'm pretty sure I've linked the encyclopedia in Sanahtlig's toolbox (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PhfOAQk6EyK5l33ux_C4T-cexVIQp6D-_Hbd-OO1OmQ/edit#gid=1090858479) to you multiple times, which has a list of all the upcoming events.

The next one seems to be in about a month. Good Eidolon, good weapon, amazing Dark SSR Hime, good times?Absolutely! With 1-star, I don't think you'll even be behind veteran Fire players.

honestly , i didn't noticed that it has events , gacha and so on.

sanahtlig
03-09-2018, 10:15 AM
Thanks, I will change to Echidna.
The damage increase of such change will be lesser agaisnt Wind, of equal for all elements?
Elemental advantage will always blunt the advantage provided by elemental over character attack. It's still a net gain because Yatagarasu is so terrible as a primary.

Laventale
03-09-2018, 11:47 AM

You absolutely should.

I don't have a Thunder Eido but I have Ouroboros with 1* (45% Dark/Thunder) and it solved most of my problems tbh.