PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Saraswati

MagicSpice
03-09-2018, 05:45 PM
So my SSR guaranteed Kami ticket just gave me her... how good is she?

-her first skill buffs 35% more water atk and does a -50% fire damage buff
-her 2nd skill heals 2000 HP and increases burst gauge by 25
-her 3rd skill increases double/triple attack rate...

but the catch is all skills only affect herself and an ally of your choice....

sanahtlig
03-09-2018, 05:53 PM
She's good for Burst builds, though not quite as good as Ashirat. She's a Water version of Titania, basically. Of course, to run her you'll need all your debuffs covered and a source of healing.

Marigold
03-09-2018, 05:57 PM
It's a self Buffer, that's the worst kind of Kamihime to be honest.
I dont want to discourage you or anything but that's one of the only "bad" water SSR alongside Ea, Poseidon and Shiva
Regardless it's better than most SR's just for raw damage and hit increasing Burst Bar goes well with Shingen, there's always a workaround to make this "weak" Kamihime work and actually be really helpful to your engine.

MagicSpice
03-09-2018, 06:02 PM
sounds like another just to level for the magic jewels then...

my water team's only SSR right now is Aphrodite.... which only really covers healing and does a better triple rate (but not double) than Saraswati

Unregistered
03-09-2018, 06:06 PM
So that double/triple atk buff of hers isn't small at all; +30% double/+20% triple on two people without some kind of downside.

She's not a foundational level piece that can automatically just be thrown into any ol water team in the first few slots, but she has stuff to work with.
That +25 burst to an ally skill? Natural fit with Shingen.
The combo atk buff on top of that? She's good for speeding up the rate at which you can burst in general (she'd have to go in either 2nd or 3rd slot).
That 50% fire resist buff? Either that can be paired up with someone with a cover ability (like Kushinada-hime) to help tank random hitting overdrives, or just simply mitigate a lot of damage from hit all overdrives for a couple of characters (can stack with damage cuts like Snow Raphael's or Joan's). Granted, the schedule is light on fire events for a while... but it's something to keep in mind in the future, along with whenever fire ragnarok raids get implemented.

All in all, the easy call right now is to treat her as kind of like Michael in a Shingen team: her job, first and foremost, is to guarantee full bursts with Provisional Forest. But you will need your other slots to handle debuffs.

MagicSpice
03-09-2018, 06:21 PM
well, right now i'm looking at 380 holy points (still not enough for masamune, who i need for shingen), and my water kami are as follows:

R- Undine, Rusalka, Kushinada, Aspara, Circe, Oto-Hime, Dagon, Abzu
SR- Nike, Belphagor, Gabriel, Oceanus, Triton, Kikuri-Hime, Nodens, Enkidu, Cupid
SSR- Aphrodite and Saraswati

so aside from a few (like Belphagor, Gabriel, and Aphrodite), not sure who to use...

Hell, given my setup using Mordred, Sol, Raphael, Diana/Uranus, and Tsukiyomi... my light team not only survives better but hits harder than my water one... all I really got is more healing options on water (HP and status recovery wise)

Marigold
03-09-2018, 06:45 PM
Seems like yours Water team really needs a few Kamihime, the issue with running Belphegor + Gabriel is that you won't be near the 50% Debuff Cap, or even the 40% you can get to with two 20% Debuffs, you'll be at a miserable 27% which doesnt cut it at all, hell a single Kamihime like Amon Unleash Covers 25% by herself, regardless of that Dagon is a really nice girl that I can't stop recommending if you need to cover a spot.

Unregistered
03-09-2018, 06:58 PM
Given your light team, your water team might as well be shelved until fire pops up again.
Or, you can try to make your water team function a bit differently just for variety's sake. Which means putting in Sarasvati for burst generation.
Gawain w/ Sniper Shot or D'art w/ Ambush, Sarasvati, Triton, Aphrodite, and your pick for the last slot.

Shieun
03-10-2018, 12:12 AM
You could probably run a very niche stun punish + Provisional Forest setup with her. Although thing is you will probably have to choose between Ea/Oceanus to make sure you have the required 50% def down.

TL;DR, she's not a core hime to build with, but would could make an interesting niche setup.

MagicSpice
03-10-2018, 09:20 PM
sounds like for the most part, i'll need to run some niche setups or probably just hang up the water team for now...

i really would like SSR nike and cthulu... but that's only if SSR kami tickets net them since i'm honestly more focused on wind and light...

thing is though, i'm starting to find a chunk of water SSR weapons in my inventory, which made me think about them...

my overall goal is to try and get the 6 elements to a decent point, but i'm still maining light while sub maining wind (unless something shifts into dark or fire's favor). the reason why i'll EVENTUAlly get around to other elements is cause i'm legit sitting on 100 kamihime right now and would really suck to let some go to waste when they could be used... especially the SSR (i got 2 of each element now, fire and light having 3) despite not all of them being as good as others (like Acala)