PDA

View Full Version : Gale gem fragments

Saeleyna
03-12-2018, 01:28 PM
Sorry if the answer to this is obvious, but I couldn't find anything hinting at what the point of these fragments are. What are gale gem fragments (items that drop from brutal gale ragnarok) for? I know the gale gem idea regalia can be traded in for weapons, but saw nothing in the shop or elsewhere as to what the fragments are used for.

Unregistered
03-12-2018, 01:33 PM
haven't actually done the ragnarok raid yet, but if you go to submenu -> shop -> material exchange -> items tab, on the very first page, they have weapons for certain Souls that only they can use. Im guessing its for those?

Unregistered
03-12-2018, 01:35 PM
oops sorry i didnt fully read the post lol. in that case, im also clueless.

VeryVoodoo
03-12-2018, 01:35 PM
The fragments can supposedly be exchanged in a shop to trade for full regalia, the ones used to buy the soul weapons. But the game devs, beings the masterminds that they are, forgot to implement that trade shop for the fragments it looks like.

Saeleyna
03-12-2018, 01:37 PM
The fragments can supposedly be exchanged in a shop to trade for full regalia, the ones used to buy the soul weapons. But the game devs, beings the masterminds that they are, forgot to implement that trade shop for the fragments it looks like.

Sorta what I figured. That's....... disappointing lol

Unregistered
03-13-2018, 01:22 AM
Getting tired of Nutaku not completely porting a game.

They pulled this crap with X-Overd as well.

VeryVoodoo
03-13-2018, 05:52 AM
Getting tired of Nutaku not completely porting a game.

Nutaku actually recently did an AMA on reddit a cpl weeks ago, where they explained they actually don't do any development on the games they host or port things into those games. Now I don't know if that's true or not, but the way they explained it is that they claim to just provide a platform for the game developers to push out their ports and updates on. I too at one point was under the mistaken impression that Nutaku actually had ppl working on the game for the English version, but seems that may not actually be the case.

So in the end, it really is all on the dmm devs. And I wouldn't be surprised if they simply cared less about this version than their original dmm one.

sanahtlig
03-13-2018, 06:28 AM
Nutaku actually recently did an AMA on reddit a cpl weeks ago, where they explained they actually don't do any development on the games they host or port things into those games. Now I don't know if that's true or not, but the way they explained it is that they claim to just provide a platform for the game developers to push out their ports and updates on. I too at one point was under the mistaken impression that Nutaku actually had ppl working on the game for the English version, but seems that may not actually be the case.

So in the end, it really is all on the dmm devs. And I wouldn't be surprised if they simply cared less about this version than their original dmm one.
If you're owned by a parent company that owns or employs the company you contracted to handle localization and customer support, does that mean you have no role in the development of the English version? Perhaps technically. But when Walmart sells me a defective item, do I absolve Walmart of blame? No. I return the item and demand a refund, which costs Walmart money in restocking fees and lost value of the item. The customer-facing entity by definition is responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction. Nutaku is simply interested in pushing the blame elsewhere.

VeryVoodoo
03-13-2018, 08:26 AM
If you're owned by a parent company that owns or employs the company you contracted to handle localization and customer support, does that mean you have no role in the development of the English version? Perhaps technically. But when Walmart sells me a defective item, do I absolve Walmart of blame? No. I return the item and demand a refund, which costs Walmart money in restocking fees and lost value of the item. The customer-facing entity by definition is responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction. Nutaku is simply interested in pushing the blame elsewhere.

If they indeed don't have anything to do with the content or development like they've claimed, then it's simply a distribution platform that provides/hosts games. Sure you're welcome to bitch and whine at them all you want. A more apt analogy would be like blaming Sony/Playstation or Valve/Steam because you don't like what some third-party game devs are doing on a game provided on their platform. Sure, both Nutaku and Steam take a cut out of the customers' money as the games use that platform/distribution service, but in the end they're not the ones that develop/update those games. So feel free to bitch away at the customer-facing entities 'till you're blue in the face; unfortunately it won't fundamentally change anything about that game's development or update cycles, until the actual game devs do something. And yes, both platforms do indeed offer customer support, where you're free to go to try and demand those refunds as that's your prerogative.

While you seem to really be reaching with that analogy about brick and mortar stores, since we're discussing game-distribution platforms and game development, it'd be more akin to blaming Sony because a game by third-party devs that you got from their online Playstation store doesn't meet your developmental standards. Not only that, but it'd be after you downloaded that game for free, which has micro-transactions that you chose to buy, spent countless hours playing, and then trying to demand a refund for those micro-transactions in that free game. Let me know how Steam/Sony treats you with that, and best of luck to you there bud!!

Things like botched development schedules or bad updates are on the game devs. While we can moan about Nutaku all we want, they don't actually handle any of the content pushed out in the game. It's really not a hard concept to understand. Also can you source your claim that DMM is the parent company of Nutaku or vice-versa? Afaik, Nutaku simply partnered as their distributor. Because your opening claim of "if you're owned by a parent company" is confusing to me (or maybe just trying to be plain misleading?)

sanahtlig
03-13-2018, 10:27 AM
Nutaku purposefully obscures their business operations. Let's just say I had industry connections in the past that gave me some insight into their operations. I gave up that gig to cover and play this game. Take my comment with as much salt as you'd like.

So feel free to bitch away at the customer-facing entities 'till you're blue in the face; unfortunately it won't fundamentally change anything
A consumer-facing company ultimately lives or dies depending on whether consumers are willing to do business with them. That depends, at least in part, on how consumers perceive them. Negative feedback does have an effect, though it's not always immediate. Who made the good or provides the service isn't necessarily equivalent to who accepts responsibility for it. That gets into branding, which is an important concept in marketing.

VeryVoodoo
03-13-2018, 10:44 AM
:rofl:

If you can't post a source on statements you make such as "DMM is a parent company that owns Nutaku," and instead respond with something like "I have connections" and thus am in the know, I really don't know at that point whether to take you seriously or not. Nutaku have come out and said they are a game distribution platform several times and don't actually handle the content. You say otherwise because of your "connections." Guess I'll just have to take your word for it. Oh wait, I don't.

:rofl:

I wish you luck with your pitchfork campaign against similar game distribution-platforms like Steam and such too then, since you didn't answer any of that. G'luck bud. :kiss:

sanahtlig
03-13-2018, 10:57 AM
If you can't post a source on statements you make such as "DMM is a parent company that owns Nutaku
You said it. Not me.

VeryVoodoo
03-13-2018, 12:02 PM
If you're owned by a parent company

No actually you did. And then didn't answer when I asked you to clarify that part on the next post. Which at least means you understood your implication was wrong. So that's good at least. Glad we've sorted out that no one's a parent company of one another or owns one another. Try not to lead with mis-leading cues next time, and that way you won't confuse people that try to make sense of your posts. :)

sanahtlig
03-13-2018, 12:40 PM
I have no intention of clarifying. You're welcome to continue speculating though.

Zuka
03-14-2018, 01:42 PM
Guys, come on, take a deep breath and stop thinking about how to kill the other user for now ^^

Maybe you could push the discussion forward and share any speculation, or confirmed info, about when Nutaku may fix the problem? I have 50 fragments and I'm sure there is a lot of people with many more of it. Did something similar happen in DMM version, or was the item exchange for shards implemented right away along with weapons?
Or should we give up thoughts about fix, hope for drop of entire Regalia and simply sigh every time we look into the inventory and see increasing number of shards?

Slashley
03-14-2018, 01:52 PM
Nutaku doesn't really communicate with the playerbase, though I see people trying to do so on the Twitter sometimes. So, I don't think we have anything confirmed.

We can only hope that we'll get it next maintenance. Or at the latest, the one after that. Since otherwise, we'll lose a month's worth of progress. Kind of, you still get your whole Regalias by hosting.

bmj420420
03-14-2018, 02:03 PM
What's the exchange rate from gems to regalias (when it comes)?

Slashley
03-14-2018, 02:08 PM
It's 20x for 5 Fragments each, then 20 for 10 Fragments each, and then 20 for 15 Fragments each. Per month.

Assuming we get what DMM got, and assuming that DMM hasn't lowered the exchange rate at some point. Too lazy to go through the past wiki pages.

MagicSpice
03-15-2018, 02:05 AM
Nutaku doesn't really communicate with the playerbase, though I see people trying to do so on the Twitter sometimes. So, I don't think we have anything confirmed.

We can only hope that we'll get it next maintenance. Or at the latest, the one after that. Since otherwise, we'll lose a month's worth of progress. Kind of, you still get your whole Regalias by hosting.

honestly, i find that nutaku responds the most through facebook or twitter... it typically takes support a day or two to give a response....

as for regalias... hosting or getting lucky drops is our only way at those weapons right now huh? Now I feel like I need to break out snatch when I attempt it....

nazrin992
03-15-2018, 03:43 AM
as for regalias... hosting or getting lucky drops is our only way at those weapons right now huh? Now I feel like I need to break out snatch when I attempt it....

Hosting will give you a guarantee regalia. There's no way around that.

MagicSpice
03-15-2018, 08:35 AM
Hosting will give you a guarantee regalia. There's no way around that.

while true, you still want luck to play a factor and send you extra.... otherwise you're in for a LONG grind....

you need 50 AP and 3 idea cores to even start one... so assuming you don't get ANY as extra drops... you'll need 6000 AP and 360 cores to MLB a weapon this way....

that's cause it's 30 regalia for the weapons and you'll need 4 copies (one master copy and 3 to MLB).

considering that, i'd rather wait until the trade shop is fixed....

Zuka
03-22-2018, 11:19 PM
Yay! They implemented the exchange today :grin:

There is a good description for skill which enhances the Soul's skill (for example Arthur's Absolute Monarchy), but could someone explain how the first one works? I see (++++) on HP weapon, but for Excalibur there's only "All allies' Wind ATK up" - Is it the same as for the other one and I should count + as 3%, meaning 12% in total? And what will increasing the skill level grant us? The same (0,5% per 1 lvl) as with your usual weapon? Finally, what of increasing the level of second skill?

Slashley
03-23-2018, 12:53 AM
Yay! They implemented the exchange today :grin:

There is a good description for skill which enhances the Soul's skill (for example Arthur's Absolute Monarchy), but could someone explain how the first one works? I see (++++) on HP weapon, but for Excalibur there's only "All allies' Wind ATK up" - Is it the same as for the other one and I should count + as 3%, meaning 12% in total? And what will increasing the skill level grant us? The same (0,5% per 1 lvl) as with your usual weapon? Finally, what of increasing the level of second skill?Relic weapons are special. So notice that the skill nor the passive does NOT WORK unless equipped by the Soul in question in the primary weapon slot. So no using Hercules with the Axe - I believe you can equip it, but you will not get the skill effect (for the EX-skill, not that you should ever put that skill on anyone) nor will you get the HP.

They are also special in that they have 10% base, and each skill level up is 1% more. So you get 11% HP from the HP weapon, up to 30%.
The offensive weapon is also ELEMENTAL attack, giving you a whopping 11%-30% Elemental attack. That's basically runnning a third Eidolon...

It is quite possible that the only element which should consider a HP weapon is Thunder, for Dartagnan's weapon. Thunder struggles with debuffs to begin with, and you need to run Dartagnan for Mammon anyway.
So, don't rush into buying these current Wind weapons. I'd say save up your Regalia for weapons for better Souls, coming up in the following months.

Unregistered
03-23-2018, 07:48 AM
Regalia are also used in final limit breaks (along with other mats needed). So if you haven't settled on a soul for a given element team, consider saving regalia for those. The number of regalia needed varies; 20 to FLB a draconic eye exchange weapon, 15 for a SSR kamihime weapon, and 10 for union event/advent SSRs.
Although in wind's case, there won't be a wind advent SSR with a FLB for another year at least (ie, no Garuda 2nd reprint on DMM yet). And union event weapon-wise, it's just the pride sword from Lust rounds 1 & 2 until next year.

Just in general, don't expend your regalia willy-nilly. Spend them on something you know you'll use.

Zuka
03-23-2018, 11:24 AM
30%? That's beautiful.

Another question if I may then: I get it that each soul gets 1 ATK weapon and 1 HP weapon, but on Japanese wiki I see them all listed under all elements. Does it mean that... Each weapon will be available for us to purchase in 6 variations eventually? Like, for example: now I'm buying and Limit Breaking Wind Excalibur, but once let's say Water Catastrophe becomes available, I will have to gather Water Regalia and do the same for new one? And then again and again...?

Unregistered
03-23-2018, 11:34 AM
Basically, yea. Hence the recommendation to plan first before spending.

MagicSpice
03-23-2018, 09:41 PM
it's another reason why i'm not too pressured into getting the wind stuff... cause i'm not sure who to even go after for wind anyway....

my light team however is DEFINITELY getting the weapon for d'art cause i think that's the one that pushes her sniper shot to 30% in the future... even then, i'm planing on making the most i can of the diana/tsukiyomi debuff combo anyway until i can do something else

CrimsonRunner
03-27-2018, 10:56 AM
The best time to farm wind is precisely now since there are no other rag disasters to farm. Ideally, you should farm 120 regalias of any rag disaster before the next one is released which will allow you to focus all your attention on the next one.

Unregistered
03-27-2018, 01:34 PM
Is there a list of what the skills the weapons provide are somewhere for planning purposes.

MagicSpice
03-27-2018, 02:29 PM
The best time to farm wind is precisely now since there are no other rag disasters to farm. Ideally, you should farm 120 regalias of any rag disaster before the next one is released which will allow you to focus all your attention on the next one.

while true, my wind team is nowhere near as prepared as my light team...

and to get wind rag under control, i need to use my above average fire team (hence why i awakened svarog cause they need it).

i can focus a bit on wind, but svarog need some leveling and hopefully i've gotten dakki or some form of damage mitigation by then cause joan can only help but so much

Zuka
03-27-2018, 03:43 PM
Is there a list of what the skills the weapons provide are somewhere for planning purposes.

Not yet (I think). May as well try to translate and guess it. (Anyone who notices I made a mistake, please correct in later posts :grin: )

Arthur:
Sword (ATK) - Absolute Monarchy cooldown from 6T to 5T
Axe (HP) - Double Attack Up added to Avalon's Guidance (D frame?)

Andromeda:
Staff (ATK) - Def buff from Cursed Canting Chains increased by another 20%
Spear (HP) - Adds regen (350/T for 2T) after using Resuscitation

Mordred:
Sword (ATK) - Adds mode gauge reduction effect to Outrage
No idea if it's a buff for the soul, or one time reduction like with for example
Archangel summon
Sword (Glaive?) (HP) - Outrage dispells one buff from the enemy

D'Artagnan:
Gun (ATK) - Snatch 3rd effectiveness up
Gun (HP) - As mentioned by others, Sniper Shot up to 30% ATK debuff

Joan of Arc:
Sword (ATK) - Cooldown of Orelean Call down from 8T to 6T
Spear (HP) - Voice of Gods gets further 20% dmg reduction (60% total?)

Hercules:
Axe (ATK) - (Here I'm not really sure if it's the right skill) - Indomitable - adds 30 burst gauge
Bow (HP) - Full Break buff (Cap 1 million)

Solomon:
Sword (Glaive?) (ATK) - ???
Staff (HP) - stronger Book of Raziel, smaller cooldown

Siegfried:
Sword (Glaive?) (ATK) - stronger Overdrive
Hammer (HP) - Morale boost - adds attack buff for everyone

Morgan:
Staff (ATK) - ???
Arcane (HP) - ???

Shingen:
Spear (ATK) - Roaring Blaze - Burst gauge increase up from 20 to 35
Bow (HP) - Provisional Forest - Ally burst dmg up?

Okay... So... Would someone be so kind and confirm the above, then clarify the "???" ? Especially for Morgan.

blubbergott
03-27-2018, 03:52 PM

Tab Material Exchange Shop (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VB8TQ3FjESKXlj7enlOdXczycyEwNeg032C9aWHpCFY/edit#gid=1646973294)

MagicSpice
03-28-2018, 05:38 AM
christ, that is another frame implemented....

so now there's A Frame (common), B Frame (somewhat uncommon), C Frame (rare), D Frame (souls only), stackable frame (VERY rare), and weapon/eidolon Frame (common)....

also, debuffs have a hard cap of 50% total, but what about buffs? is there a cap for that? (if not, the light nike is looking at a possible 200% buff on her own)

Slashley
03-28-2018, 06:07 AM
also, debuffs have a hard cap of 50% total, but what about buffs? is there a cap for that? (if not, the light nike is looking at a possible 200% buff on her own)As far as I know, no. But keep in mind that atk buffs are added to Assault.

That means that if you have 100% from your grid already, Nike's 200% won't be making you do triple damage. Adding that 200% will get you to 300% Assault, you'll "only" double your damage.

MagicSpice
03-28-2018, 07:00 AM
As far as I know, no. But keep in mind that atk buffs are added to Assault.

That means that if you have 100% from your grid already, Nike's 200% won't be making you do triple damage. Adding that 200% will get you to 300% Assault, you'll "only" double your damage.

even still, that can open up some opportunities if you can get a team that can buff and debuff at the same time. or at the very least, focus on def debuff and then just increasing damage output

if someone's damage is high enough, forgoing atk debuffs and going brute strength is a possible strategy anyway

Cloudofdarkhole6
03-28-2018, 08:08 AM
Not yet (I think). May as well try to translate and guess it. (Anyone who notices I made a mistake, please correct in later posts :grin: )

Arthur:
Sword (ATK) - Absolute Monarchy cooldown from 6T to 5T
Axe (HP) - Double Attack Up added to Avalon's Guidance (D frame?)

Andromeda:
Staff (ATK) - Def buff from Cursed Canting Chains increased by another 20%
Spear (HP) - Adds regen (350/T for 2T) after using Resuscitation

Mordred:
Sword (ATK) - Adds mode gauge reduction effect to Outrage
No idea if it's a buff for the soul, or one time reduction like with for example
Archangel summon
Sword (Glaive?) (HP) - Outrage dispells one buff from the enemy

D'Artagnan:
Gun (ATK) - Snatch 3rd effectiveness up
Gun (HP) - As mentioned by others, Sniper Shot up to 30% ATK debuff

Joan of Arc:
Sword (ATK) - Cooldown of Orelean Call down from 8T to 6T
Spear (HP) - Voice of Gods gets further 20% dmg reduction (60% total?)

Hercules:
Axe (ATK) - (Here I'm not really sure if it's the right skill) - Indomitable - adds 30 burst gauge
Bow (HP) - Full Break buff (Cap 1 million)

Solomon:
Sword (Glaive?) (ATK) - ???
Staff (HP) - stronger Book of Raziel, smaller cooldown

Siegfried:
Sword (Glaive?) (ATK) - stronger Overdrive
Hammer (HP) - Morale boost - adds attack buff for everyone

Morgan:
Staff (ATK) - ???
Arcane (HP) - ???

Shingen:
Spear (ATK) - Roaring Blaze - Burst gauge increase up from 20 to 35
Bow (HP) - Provisional Forest - Ally burst dmg up?

Okay... So... Would someone be so kind and confirm the above, then clarify the "???" ? Especially for Morgan.

Glaive of Solomon makes her first skill (Spearhead Arrow) hit all enemies instead of just one

Morgan:
Staff (ATK) - Doubles the effect of the Rampage buff (Incite Madness).
Depending on when the skill gets changed to affect all allies by default, there is a chance that the weapon will first be released with the effect of turning Incite Madness to affect all allies and be changed later
Arcane (HP) - Instigate to Arms (Guaranteed triple attack) can be used on an ally and Morgan will also receive the buff, effectivly buffing 2 of you units

sanahtlig
03-28-2018, 08:26 AM
Morgan:
Staff (ATK) - Doubles the effect of the Rampage buff (Incite Madness).
Depending on when the skill gets changed to affect all allies by default, there is a chance that the weapon will first be released with the effect of turning Incite Madness to affect all allies and be changed later
Might as well use the final effect for planning: Increases the effect of Berserk to +100% (double) damage for all allies.

ZenMaster
03-29-2018, 07:26 AM
(I'm aware the thread is 2 weeks old, so stuff could have changed in between (which I'm not aware of btw).

What are gale gem fragments (items that drop from brutal gale ragnarok) for?
Go to the Shop => Material exchange => Materials.

You can use the fragments to get yourself a "Gale Gem Idea Regalia" (5 fragments gives you one gem).

OR... If you got 6 fragments you can combine it with a 'Howling Idea Core' (you'll need 3) which gives you the Prison of Wind Idea Core. This item is required to start the Ragnarokk Wind raid quest (whatever it's called).

Of course this leads up to another question (or it should ;) ) => "What does the Regalia do?". I'm not sure but I think this item can be used to level break your Kamihime but... Not sure. Still hope this can help.

Slashley
03-29-2018, 08:10 AM
Yes, the Fragment exchange was implemented just a few days ago.
I... don't think it's worth it to trade for the T2 Cores. You'd pay 18 Fragments for 3 T2 Cores, which would grant you at best 10 Fragments (Regalia + 5 Fragments).

Regalia themselves are used to buy Relic weapons. Currently, just Arthur's and Dartagnan's Wind weapons are out.

sanahtlig
03-29-2018, 02:32 PM
The extra T2 Cores are there for people who want to spam MLB a weapon in under a month. After you've bought up all the Regalia for the month, there's nothing else to use your fragments on. For someone uses their BP on CD, the cores could be worthwhile.

Unregistered
04-04-2018, 05:00 PM
Does relic weapon skills work even it does not equipped on its soul?

Laventale
04-04-2018, 05:14 PM
Does relic weapon skills work even it does not equipped on its soul?

No, the skills on the Relics only work when the Soul has it equipped.

Marigold
04-04-2018, 06:17 PM
No, the skills on the Relics only work when the Soul has it equipped.

Even the Assault one?
If so, that's really sad

Laventale
04-04-2018, 06:22 PM
Even the Assault one?
If so, that's really sad

I mean, the stats are there I believe, but the skill (AKA Shingen's 10% Plus BP or D'art's 10% Plus Debuff) only goes to the weapon's owner.

Marigold
04-04-2018, 07:11 PM
I mean, the stats are there I believe, but the skill (AKA Shingen's 10% Plus BP or D'art's 10% Plus Debuff) only goes to the weapon's owner.

Yeah that's stated on the weapon, what I wonder is if that superior Assault Damage works even if it's put on the sub weapons since it doesn't discloses if it locks that skill to a soul as well, maybe a DMM veteran can tell us if so

Aidoru
04-04-2018, 07:41 PM
Assuming I'm reading it right, both the weapon skill and soul skill only work if used with the soul. Meaning you'd only be able to make use of its stats if in sub and not its skill. It's depicted in the shop so you can take a look at it.

For example, Arthur's wind sword says "All Allies' Wind ATK↑ *Effective for Arthur" which is the same description as the other skill only for the specific soul. The JP wiki has a similar google translation but also says "...Soul's main equipment", which would mean you won't get the skill effects as a sub.

Also, it's elemental damage, not assault damage.

Though for whatever the reason if you ever wanted to, you can still use the burst effect with any soul if they can use it. It seems people using Hercule's ax on Arthur is something of a method, since her ax applies a -25% def debuff with its burst and Arthur can burst instantly.

Marigold
04-04-2018, 08:19 PM
Assuming I'm reading it right, both the weapon skill and soul skill only work if used with the soul. Meaning you'd only be able to make use of its stats if in sub and not its skill. It's depicted in the shop so you can take a look at it.

For example, Arthur's wind sword says "All Allies' Wind ATK↑ *Effective for Arthur" which is the same description as the other skill only for the specific soul. The JP wiki has a similar google translation but also says "...Soul's main equipment", which would mean you won't get the skill effects as a sub.

Also, it's elemental damage, not assault damage.

Though for whatever the reason if you ever wanted to, you can still use the burst effect with any soul if they can use it. It seems people using Hercule's ax on Arthur is something of a method, since her ax applies a -25% def debuff with its burst and Arthur can burst instantly.

I see, thanks!
By the way that is a really really spicy combo to avoid running EX Ambush in Fire with a Provisional Forest Fire Arthur Build (granted you potentially lose 13-16% Assault but it's fun nonetheless)

Aidoru
04-04-2018, 09:12 PM
I'd still wait for proper verification though.