PDA

View Full Version : Wind Catastrophe

MagicSpice
03-13-2018, 08:07 PM
So, curious as to how you fight this boss... i've been kinda winging it with my light team and HOPING some form of atk down sticks (i got 3 of them after all). also got mordred with chaos magic cause those double/triple hits hurt.... that wind resist is annoying as hell really and only thing i got to stick was drown (which is weird cause it never failed from mordred) and VERY occasionally sol's atk down

only other things i could consider is maybe joan or andromeda, but even then, i'm still likely to lose 1-2 characters per fight like my first 3 attempts... (although there was at least 4-6 people in each raid).

i'm gonna need to learn how to take this boss on at some point considering light is my main and wind is my secondary....

sanahtlig
03-13-2018, 08:17 PM
Success in this fight seems to depend on all players spamming debuffs so that at least some of them stick. I tried solo (spawning during a Raid event was probably an unwise decision), and she absolutely destroys you with no debuffs up. If you have enough strong players to get through the Rage phase quickly, it plays out like a standard Raid Ragnarok, just with a lot more HP.

Unregistered
03-13-2018, 08:19 PM
Just share to friends/union and hope they kill it for you while you do the most dmg you can, you wont kill wind ragna with off-element easily (let alone solo it), sorry but thats not happening (unless you are on Maru's lvl of whaling and even so im doubtful), relying on debuffs is your first mistake, she has lower base defense but high debuff rst for something, people are getting good results using joan with fire, but since you arent using fire, you are losing on 25% reduced dmg, all in all, fire is the best choice by far, relying on debuffs for dmg and specially atk downs for stalling is bad (you want dmg cuts against this boss), im afraid you are experiencing the downsides of mono element path.

Marigold
03-13-2018, 08:21 PM
I differ, I was able to solo this raid twice today and it all comes to team composition, just don't run debuffer at all if you want to solo, the spoiler is, you won't be able to do it off-attribute.

Regardless, your safe bet is just giving up on yourself and asking others for help, don't be dumb trying to make a nice fire grid or anything lol.

MagicSpice
03-13-2018, 09:46 PM
i do have some fire kami i can use cause my best fire team would happen to be Joan, Svarog, Ares, Bryhildr, and Agni, but they have low HP and survivability (about 5.5-6k HP with all my fire weapons). It's just a damage race with them and it's one I can easily lose that way (hence why they can't clear rank 4 wind accessory without elixirs). i'm stuck using off element given the situation, especially when my wind team can massively reduce damage taken (even without debuffs) and my light one can do the same (light just does more damage overall at the cost of losing a tanking skill and being debuff reliant). bonus points for both my wind and light teams having nearly 10k HP naturally... no eidolon buff needed for it.

as for soloing, i have no problems calling others for help cause 16 mil HP is insane to take out alone (i think you honestly can do guild order if you can solo this). and this is considering we still don't have the other ones (light has 25 mil HP and dark catastrophe has 30 mil HP).

biggest issue is definitely that debuff resistance... i either have to try and tank the damage or throw what i can and hope it sticks... but from what i got to work with is as follows:

wind kami- Gaia, Cu Chulainn, Ibris, Oberon, Zephyrus (fillers can be Caspiel, Cybele, Aisha... nearly any wind kami that isn't SSR).

light kami- my full light team would be Sol, Raphael (great raging help), Tsukiyomi, Diana (fillers can be belobog, uranus,... pretty much same case as wind where i got most of the light ones outside of SSR)

as for Souls, take your pick aside from Hercules, Shingen, and the elite soul you need for Shingen (i forget her name).

also, that double/triple is really annoying, i can remove it entirely, but with others spamming attacks so often it's back on in less than 10 seconds anyway until raging is dealt with. it's one of the reasons why I like Raphael so much in this fight

Slashley
03-13-2018, 11:30 PM
Just share to friends/union and hope they kill it for you while you do the most dmg you can, you wont kill wind ragna with off-element easily (let alone solo it), sorry but thats not happening (unless you are on Maru's lvl of whaling and even so im doubtful),--I've seen lots of screenshots from lots of people soloing it, so it's certainly far from impossible.
But Svarog and/or Uriel is pretty much a requirement for it.
-- relying on debuffs is your first mistake, --Relying on debuffs is never a "mistake." To begin with, Fire is the only element that can even hope to do damage without debuffs, thanks to Svarog and Uriel. And Light after new years, I guess, but Light Nike takes quite a while to get started.

Unregistered
03-14-2018, 12:01 AM
I've seen lots of screenshots from lots of people soloing it, so it's certainly far from impossible.

Not with off element (aka not with fire) and thats exactly what i said.

Laventale
03-14-2018, 12:01 AM
Wind Disaster Ragnarok is an absolute bitch to get through. Has the same debuff resistance as the normal raid and having her nuking your himes down for 3/4k each turn destroys your team entirely.

MagicSpice
03-14-2018, 12:21 AM
Not with off element (aka not with fire) and thats exactly what i said.

plus they're doing around 40k per hit normally (as in no buffs).... i'm only doing 25k w/o debuffs using fire...

besides, i feel like those soloing this are already prepared for guild order... i want to reliably clear it, not solo it cause soloing is far outside of my reach right now

Wind Disaster Ragnarok is an absolute bitch to get through. Has the same debuff resistance as the normal raid and having her nuking your himes down for 3/4k each turn destroys your team entirely.

i'm taking about 1700 per hit, 3-4k per burst hit... it's manageable for a while given my teams HP (9k+) but even then, don't expect them to survive for more than half the fight at best...

MagicSpice
03-14-2018, 12:26 AM
Its just up to your team composition, healers/regen enablers, defense buffers and damage cutters

but... isn't that something fire teams tend to lack?

Marigold
03-14-2018, 12:32 AM
Fire has good healers in Brynhildr and Summer Sol, Regen with a few SR's and Amaterasu as well as defense buffs, also you dont wanna use a debuffer soul, you either go (for this raid) with raw damage or Joan D'Arc to help you cover as well, if you lack the pieces there's still workarounds, not as effective, sure but better than block heading Debuffs against this raid.

Marigold
03-14-2018, 12:33 AM
Now that I think about it, maybe even Andromeda is good here if you lack some pieces.

Unregistered
03-14-2018, 12:37 AM
The key to ez wind rag for fire is having dakki mainly cause of her wind rst up, along with her rampage (same ratio as beelz) which makes you push her phases faster and her drain gives a bit of sustain (her animation is a pita tho), cause as i said in my first post, since this rag is a bitch in terms of debuffs landing, you rely on dmg cuts and dakki is the only dmg cut fire has.

MagicSpice
03-14-2018, 01:32 AM
The key to ez wind rag for fire is having dakki mainly cause of her wind rst up, along with her rampage (same ratio as beelz) which makes you push her phases faster and her drain gives a bit of sustain (her animation is a pita tho), cause as i said in my first post, since this rag is a bitch in terms of debuffs landing, you rely on dmg cuts and dakki is the only dmg cut fire has.

ugh... more reason to pull for her when i get the chance (she was one of the top 10 SSR votes)... already wanted her cause i LOVE fox girls.... (wolf girls too, which is why i'm glad i got fenrir)

i'll get that damn fox eventually.... just wait...

Now that I think about it, maybe even Andromeda is good here if you lack some pieces.

sadly, i only have brynhildr on that list you mentioned... so i'll need Joan or andromeda.... whoever is better if i run fire

sanahtlig
03-14-2018, 06:43 AM
The players clearing this solo appear to have access to exclusive advantages (otherwise known as bragging rights, the currency of the Internet):
A Fire team with key SSRs that a typical veteran (that doesn't main Fire) won't have -> money and/or serendipity
A maxed grid for Fire -> time/patience and/or serendipity
The only element with a useful +100% eidolon for this fight -> this is actually unique to the Nutaku version's Catastrophe release-order

If you have all of these, then you're now able to farm items for Wind a bit more effectively, which aren't even all that useful to Wind right now. You can get MVPs more easily, but you can't trade in the rewards these MVPs give you. I'm considering switching to Wind as primary, and I'm not all that bothered by not having the perfect farm team for this.

What I am bothered by is the toxicity that's been seeping into these forums lately and tainting discussions more with each passing day. This is the sort of thing that rips communities apart. Undoubtedly most hardcore users play games like this for the community, but if this keeps up morale will sink and the useful people that serve as the glue are going to wander off. One way to solve this is to bring in moderators and have them to police the community if it can't police itself. That's how one community I was part of carved an island for itself in a sea of toxicity.

VeryVoodoo
03-14-2018, 07:20 AM
Those who seek to silence the voices of dissenting opinions when it comes to misguided notions, are the ones that people need to truly fear. In any truly open forum of discussion, the ones you should always be wary of are those who seek to silence voices that don't agree with theirs, or "police" it as they like to call it.

sanahtlig
03-14-2018, 08:43 AM
This is exactly the sort of toxicity I'm speaking of. If I'm the only one concerned by it, then so be it. It wouldn't be the first time I was the odd one out.

Slashley
03-14-2018, 08:44 AM
First things first, NO they are no requirements, my well uneducated fellow, you'd know this if you had a decent fire team, which you don't have-- ... you do realize that only those who are very lucky happen to have a "decent fire team" at this point, right? I mean, with just one Miracle Ticket out, you can't really expect people to have more than 1-2 core Fire SSRs.

As such, does gacha luck equal skill? I wouldn't really call that an argument.
-- since you're a mono user.... and what do you know? You're just guessing this because I said in another thread that I understand where Sanahtlig was coming from?

Not that it matters, but you know, my Grids are:
Thunder: 196/200 (140%)
Water: 216/220 (150%)
Wind: 180/220 (135% and leaving it there since I just wanted faster Thunder R4 Accessory quests)
Fire: 116/200 (100% and will be maxed next in preparation for Lust)
Dark: 112/240 (101%)
Light: lolno/lolno

And for the record, the lacking 4 slvls in both Thunder and Water are Defender SSRs which haven't had FLB yet on DMM. Before I commit resources on those, I want to know what will the secondary skill be. Defender weapons are kinda getting phased out by dual-skills, after all. Though that's a long, long, long time from now.

Anyway.
Is that what a mono-user looks like...? Yes? Oh. Okay then. My bad. I guess we just have a different definition of what a mono-user is.
Second you know we're talking here about the raid with extremely high affliction resistance, right?
Then in which way shape or form is it a good idea to rely on Debuffs, my small fellow?Because, it is actually possible to land those debuffs. As such, what? Are you going to take Amaterasu off your team because her chance to land Blind/Def Down/Atk Down is lowered? I doubt it. You'll still want to bring debuffs, you'll still want to try using debuffs. And if you actually get a debuff to land - for the next 180s, you'll have a massive advantage.

Thus, what is your actual counterargument? It's easy to fire shots, but if that's all you do, then you're not contributing to the discussion at all.
Carry on linking the sanahtlig's encyclopedia inside his toolbox, that's the only thing you can do without shaming yourself.
Misinformation is a bitch.I'm the one who runs that, you know? And I'm sure it's full of misinformation. I mean, I DID do it with Google translate rather than bothering with a zillion moonrunes by myself... :grin:
Does that make it worthless? I don't think so. Misinformation is not really a bitch, but it should be corrected. And that requires actual discussion.
Those who seek to silence the voices of dissenting opinions when it comes to misguided notions, are the ones that people need to truly fear. In any truly open forum of discussion, the ones you should always be wary of are those who seek to silence voices that don't agree with theirs, or "police" it as they like to call it.While true, it is also true that there's been some members lately who are more interested in flinging insults without actually offering any kinds of arguments of alternative methods. This isn't grade school, and it doesn't need to be.

Or by being passive aggressive, without contributing actual arguments to the discussion. That's high school level. It might be a step up, but really, we don't need that either. I'd like to think that we can do better.

sanahtlig
03-14-2018, 08:55 AM
Misinformation is not really a bitch, but it should be corrected. And that requires actual discussion.While true, it is also true that there's been some members lately who are more interested in flinging insults without actually offering any kinds of arguments of alternative methods. This isn't grade school, and it doesn't need to be.
This is the heart of what I'm concerned about. We can discuss mechanics and strategies and arrive at a consensus answer. A toxic environment is not so easily remedied.

I'm not really all that interested in slugging it out with these people. That's just a waste of my time. What I want to know is if me and you are the only ones that care about this. If people besides you and me care, especially other regular members, we should probably make a separate topic and discuss this in more depth.

Cobblemaniac
03-14-2018, 09:02 AM
This is the heart of what I'm concerned about. We can discuss mechanics and strategies and arrive at a consensus answer. A toxic environment is not so easily remedied.

I'm not really all that interested in slugging it out with these people. That's just a waste of my time. What I want to know is if me and you are the only ones that care about this. If people besides you and me care, we should probably make a separate topic and discuss this in more depth.

Probably not my place to talk considering I've only been in this community for a month or 2, but seeing there's been a crap ton of insults thrown around the forum for the past 2 days tells me this probably is gonna continue. Please, can we just take discussion civilly and not throw the "you're a shitbag wtf do you know" argument as easily just because there is a disagreement in opinion?

Marigold
03-14-2018, 09:03 AM
People get mad with you and you two only because you aren't discussing, but advicing a really bad strategy most of the time when this happens, right?

You shouldn't be advicing people over content you don't comprehend and cannot clear over the advice of players that do and have.

If you can't understand this then you're a special snowflake bigot with an over inflated ego.

Cobblemaniac
03-14-2018, 09:08 AM
If you can't understand this then you're a special snowflake bigot with an over inflated ego.

Can we not have this?

You shouldn't be advicing people over content you don't comprehend and cannot clear over the advice of players that do and have.

And just have this, but phrased in a more neutral way? :sad:

Slashley
03-14-2018, 09:09 AM
People get mad with you and you two only because you aren't discussing, but advicing a really bad strategy most of the time when this happens, right?Alright.

Tell me the correct strategy for Wind Disaster Ragnarok then, please!

sanahtlig
03-14-2018, 09:14 AM
Probably not my place to talk considering I've only been in this community for a month or 2, but seeing there's been a crap ton of insults thrown around the forum for the past 2 days tells me this probably is gonna continue. Please, can we just take discussion civilly and not throw the "you're a shitbag wtf do you know" argument as easily just because there is a disagreement in opinion?
Am I part of the problem? I really have tried to stay civil. I may not give answers that satisfy people, but there's no rule that anyone HAS to engage with anyone else on a given topic.

Cobblemaniac
03-14-2018, 09:36 AM
Am I part of the problem? I really have tried to stay civil. I may not give answers that satisfy people, but there's no rule that anyone HAS to engage with anyone else on a given topic.

I'm terribly sorry to those that I have named, but I was directing those messages to VeryVoodoo and NeverBloom. You have your opinions, we will try to respect that. However, please remember that while you're sticking to your opinions, which may be factually correct depending on situation, that staying civil throughout the argument is better for pushing the community forward, which I do believe is your rationale for posting in this forum. We're all here with the purpose of trying to help each other, let's not allow our personal feeling of annoyance infiltrate this community? :frown:

To answer your question Sana, I've noticed that while you've indeed tried to be civil with your phrasing, one could interpret your tone as dismissive, as I quote here

What seems to be getting ignored here is that I didn't start this discussion to prove a point, but rather to get answers to specific questions from Voodoo. Answers he has declined to give even after reminding him. I have things to do; I can't waste all my time arguing here.

@Voodoo: Answer my questions and maybe I'll answer some of your's. Otherwise, I feel like I'm just spinning my wheels with you.

from general discussion thread #3360. Now, I understand that with context, at that point you're probably running out of patience, but it appears to probably add fuel to the fire that has already been burning kinda hot at that point. You don't have to satisfy people, and I'm not asking you to, but rather I might caution you that if you're dealing with someone already dissatisfied with you by that point, you probably shouldn't engage further :neutral:

Kitty
03-14-2018, 09:39 AM
y is there drama on every single thread

sanahtlig
03-14-2018, 09:41 AM
Alright, since there's at least 3 people that agree we have a problem, I'm going to spin this off into another topic.

VeryVoodoo
03-14-2018, 09:58 AM
I'm terribly sorry to those that I have named, but I was directing those messages to VeryVoodoo and NeverBloom.
Haha, I find it pretty funny you're grouping me with someone like the neverbloom guy. Think that makes it pretty interesting/clear of the side you support at any rate. My discourse has been as civil as I could care to make it, all while engaging a person that kept trying to deflect and in the end ran away from the topic at hand.

Not to mention, they're the ones that quoted me and engaged me in the first place, not the other way around like they then tried to make it seem. Once, I realized they weren't actually going to address any of the points I discussed, at that point forward I knew it would be a waste of time to continue.

Cobblemaniac
03-14-2018, 10:00 AM
Haha, I find it pretty funny you're grouping me with someone like the neverbloom guy. Think that makes it pretty interesting/clear of the side you support at any rate. My discourse has been as civil as I could care to make it, all while engaging a person that kept trying to deflect and in the end ran away from the topic at hand.

Not to mention, they're the ones that quoted me and engaged me in the first place, not the other way around like they then tried to make it seem. Once, I realized they weren't actually going to address any of the points I discussed, at that point forward I knew it would be a waste of time to continue.

I would prefer to not derail this thread, so please do feel free to pm me on why I decided to direct my message to you, I will try my hardest to explain. :neutral:

VeryVoodoo
03-14-2018, 10:13 AM
I would prefer to not derail this thread, so please do feel free to pm me on why I decided to direct my message to you, I will try my hardest to explain. :neutral:

This is a place for public discourse, so I see no point in hiding that discourse in pms. If you don't feel like it in this thread, feel free to make a separate thread and address me there if you wish.

Though to be honest, I just have no interest in pm'ing you. Or really care enough to know why you think I'm with that neverbloom guy, lol. I was simply making the observation that I found it funny is all.

Slashley
03-14-2018, 02:18 PM
https://i.imgur.com/X2r6iIb.jpgWhy an image instead of text... oh well.

So, the entire argument seems to be that debuffs = bad. Okay. So then, what should you bring then? Any combination of Acala, Ares, Fire Sol, Svarog, Uriel, Dakki, Brynhildr?
Since you haven't presented a suggestion of your own, I had to do it for you. And the problem with that team comp is... well. Less than 1% of the playerbase can fill their team with that. So... where does the skill come in from, then? I did say this already:
As such, does gacha luck equal skill?So, in order for skill to be involved, what kind of a team do you build against Rag Wind Disaster that doesn't include those specific 6 Fire SSRs and one specific Fire SR?

lolix
03-14-2018, 02:34 PM
haven't really been that active outside of grinding a bit for the current event. What exactly is the wind catastrophe and where is it summoned at ? it's not related to the current event is it ?

Delete
03-14-2018, 02:40 PM
Is a new version of Prison of Wind Disaster. You can find her on the usual menu for begin Prison quests. Not related to Icarus. Is much harder, and is really difficult to land debuffs on her.

Marigold
03-14-2018, 02:42 PM
Now I don't know why you moved the discussion from the other thread over to this one or why the other thread was created in the first place to begin with but that doesn't concern me I guess...

The image has the text there because I don't want anything to do regarding 'changing the content of the posts' or you actually not looking at the linked material.

First; yes against "WIND CATASTROPHE RAGNAROK RAID" You shouldn't run debuffs and you defied* this twice in this thread regarding this raid:
E: Someone says that running Debuffs isn't good on this raid which is correct and you take it out of context with a bad correction.

relying on debuffs is your first mistake, she has lower base defense but high debuff rst for something

Relying on debuffs is never a "mistake." To begin with, Fire is the only element that can even hope to do damage without debuffs, thanks to Svarog and Uriel. And Light after new years, I guess, but Light Nike takes quite a while to get started.

This is a typical response from someone that doesn't understand the raid and can only clear it with other's help and probably struggles to keep MVP on his own summon, also a really bad speculative advice that is counterproductive to the main question from the OP:

Success in this fight seems to depend on all players spamming debuffs so that at least some of them stick. I tried solo (spawning during a Raid event was probably an unwise decision), and she absolutely destroys you with no debuffs up.

Since you haven't presented a suggestion of your own, I had to do it for you.
What have you done for me? I haven't seen a single smart suggestion on your part on this or the other thread period.
I've suggested more than one thing, the main being not running debuffs; using an offensive Soul or Joan and not even attempting this off-attribute.

Also I DID NOT and I DO NOT ever suggest team compositions to other users or even discuss what a "perfect" or "optimal" team is since normally the people that do so is biased towards their pieces.
I also didn't suggest any Kamihime to anyone and that response of mine was directed to someone who said that Fire lacks Healers/Cutters/Buffers which is in fact correct.

Okay. So then, what should you bring then? Any combination of Acala, Ares, Fire Sol, Svarog, Uriel, Dakki, Brynhildr?
You shouldn't suggest what to bring since most people won't have what you do (unless is a gacha R that literally everyone has) thus I find this remark really bad or the classic "suggestions" on Kamihime picks for events overall, as I said there there's always workarounds, you just need to be a little smart :think:
What you can do is suggest what NOT to bring and give the reason behind it.

I did say this already:
As such, does gacha luck equal skill?
So, in order for skill to be involved, what kind of a team do you build against Rag Wind Disaster that doesn't include those specific 6 Fire SSRs and one specific Fire SR?
I just said this a few minutes before you responded that

"whales" are the ones who keep the game alive, you don't need to be a whale to have a bunch of SSR'S and or satisfactory teams, it doesn't come to skill either, just luck.

And no, the only thing remotely close to skill that you can do on this kind of context is polishing your team to counter "x" or "y" content or plainly adapt to the conditions you're given and do your best.

Easy right?.

Slashley
03-14-2018, 03:25 PM
Alright, so, we're still at

Argument: You shouldn't bring ANY debuffs to Wind Disaster
Why: Because of high resist
Counter-argument: Bringing debuffs doesn't bring an inherent demerit, and if they land, they're powerful

I guess we can just agree to disagree on this one? Since it doesn't seem like we can reach a common ground here.

Then there's also this:

Argument: You shouldn't recommend teams to other people!
Why: Because most people won't have what you do

So, here's my counter-argument:

If you can recommend people for people what to NOT bring because "there's always workarounds, you just need to be a little smart" then why doesn't that apply the other way around? Surely, we can also recommend what TO bring (such as Dakki, Svarog and friends) and then if the players don't have those, they can always "just need to be a little smart, there's always workarounds," no?

Since you're very obsessed about how easy things are as long as you have a proper grid and absolutely need elemental advantage, how about I threw in a new argument to the mix?
Argument: I believe when it comes to Fire teams, your perception of it is highly skewed
Why: Because your team is quite close to ideal, making everything seem overly easy, especially Wind content

So, how about this? You make a video about you soloing Ragnarok Wind Disaster without Fire SSRs. I'm not saying you need to win. About halfway should be plenty of proof that you can carry your weight without those specific SSRs. If you get that far, you get to prove that "there's always workarounds, you just need to be a little smart" about teambuilding. Honestly, considering your grid, it should be plenty doable.
Meanwhile, I'll make a video about soloing Ragnarok Wind Disaster with a Water team. A debuff heavy Water team, since that's what Water does. I'm not expecting to win, but I get halfway through, that'd be plenty good for me. Considering how far my Water team is from the ideal one (zero of the Water holy trinity, but Ryu-Oh from an alternative build), if I get that far it should prove that on-element isn't the only option the game has.

Any objections? I need to sleep and head to work now, so I should be able to post a video of that in ~18 hours.

Marigold
03-14-2018, 03:58 PM
It seems like ignoring the facts at this point.

If you have Amaterasu perse it won't hurt at all to bring her despite her two Debuffs because she has higher attack than most SR'S I'm aware of, also a Regen and buff that's pretty useful for that event, in that regard it won't be harmful at all but if you build completely around it and go as far as running a soul like Mordred for the Debuffs then that's pretty much what I'm arguing.
Not going out of your way for Debuffs, of course you will run Mars, Amaterasu, Hephaestus, etc if you have them in your main already, that's just common sense.

So far two persons have agreed with me on this and I don't see other than a comment suggesting relying on the supporters' Debuffs to land to be on your side of the coin, but it's okay if you're with that mentality, just don't suggest it to others if you're not sure of the effectivity regarding the other method.

If they don't have those there's always a few ways out, what I meant with that is that you may have other useful SR's to fulfill those roles, say Brynhildr, Agni, I really don't remember SR names but there's at least 4 really good ones I own, and there probably are others I don't, also a workaround would be countering the raid capabilities and covering your team with your soul, be it defensive or offensive wise rather than debuff wise as normally.

I hope that explains the table of zero for you.

About the latter, fire is a really strong element with SR's to cover A Frames, Elemental Buffs, two avaliable healers, an R B Frame -20&-20% debuffer, Sr Kamihime that can raise your burst bar per turn, Regen enablers at SR Level and even a free raid SR who self heals, buffs the whole party and something else.
Nowadays water and wind aren't the only holy grails for F2P Friendly, and yes I might have a bunch of fire SSR and my team might be good composition wise while only spending 20$ (that netted me Raphael) on the game by sheer luck but that only shows that you don't need to be a so called whale to get there.
There's plenty to work with and you don't have to be so hallow minded, salty or discouraged by the fact that I own a "Close to Ideal" fire team (I don't have Belial or Mars lol)

For me it's fine, I won't use my Svarog, Ares, Dakki, Summer Sol, etc.
I'll just use Amaterasu for SSR since by your logic debuffer are fine and I'll drop my normal game plan out.
That alongside other 3 SR's and an SR Bench and see how far does it take me and the damage I made in the end.

About recording, I've never recorded anything unrelated or related to this game and I doubt my laptop can handle it since it's a rusty potato, I can report with a bunch of screenshots though.

Good luck.

BakaHentai
03-14-2018, 10:55 PM
So, how about this? You make a video about you soloing Ragnarok Wind Disaster without Fire SSRs. I'm not saying you need to win. About halfway should be plenty of proof that you can carry your weight without those specific SSRs. If you get that far, you get to prove that "there's always workarounds, you just need to be a little smart" about teambuilding. Honestly, considering your grid, it should be plenty doable.
Meanwhile, I'll make a video about soloing Ragnarok Wind Disaster with a Water team. A debuff heavy Water team, since that's what Water does. I'm not expecting to win, but I get halfway through, that'd be plenty good for me. Considering how far my Water team is from the ideal one (zero of the Water holy trinity, but Ryu-Oh from an alternative build), if I get that far it should prove that on-element isn't the only option the game has.

Any objections? I need to sleep and head to work now, so I should be able to post a video of that in ~18 hours.

I don't understand why you don't just run with a fire team. If you've put any effort into your fire grid you'll do more than fine with any sort of fire himes. Not enough to solo, but more than enough to take mvp. Fire is built to do high damage without debuffs. Element advantage isn't just about the damage bonus and damage reduction. Its best feature is how the elements counter the other to the player's favor.

The only way your water team will do well is by getting lucky with debuffs. A fire team with Joan/Andro and a good grid will consistantly outpreform other elements. Fire is the least reliant on debuffs of all the elements. That's why it does so well against wind.

MagicSpice
03-15-2018, 12:33 AM
Christ, i come back to this thread and it's a total trainwreck....

kinda sorry i asked anything now, cause all i really wanted to do was piece together things from different strategies and see what works given the Himes/Grids I have.

cause that's the one thing about this game, i can get suggested the best strats all I want, but if i don't have the resources then i gotta improvise

Cobblemaniac
03-15-2018, 06:14 AM
Christ, i come back to this thread and it's a total trainwreck....

kinda sorry i asked anything now, cause all i really wanted to do was piece together things from different strategies and see what works given the Himes/Grids I have.

cause that's the one thing about this game, i can get suggested the best strats all I want, but if i don't have the resources then i gotta improvise

Might help if you give us a list of your available grids and himes. That said, do we have a convenient format for that sort of thing, or are we stuck with walls of text until someone comes up with a universal method of displaying what himes you have on hand?

Shieun
03-15-2018, 06:38 AM
Really at the end of the day, there are many ways for one to clear wind rag. Some are more efficient than the others. If you do not have the required hime to clear the wrag the easy way, then you opt for a less optimal solution, and so on and so on.

Although the baseline requirement to clear wrag easily is pretty clear to me... Have a respectable fire grid + team, and your wrag farming will be less hellish. If you have to go the harder way because of not having good fire team/top tier fire himes, then it is what it is. Share your wrag to public and hope for the best. It may not be the most efficient solution, but it is probably the only solution you have.

MagicSpice
03-15-2018, 08:19 AM
Might help if you give us a list of your available grids and himes. That said, do we have a convenient format for that sort of thing, or are we stuck with walls of text until someone comes up with a universal method of displaying what himes you have on hand?

luckily in my case, i've already posted what I basically have. since then, i really only gotten Saraswati and some event stuff (like the water lilim and pride weapon).... other than that, weapon skill levels are pretty much the only difference:

htt#ps://harem-battle.cl#ub/kamihime-project/4307-element-main.html

just remove the "#"s and check my first two posts there.

as for a format for this thing, I honestly think that'd be a good idea cause only other things would be a vid or some images....

Marigold
03-15-2018, 08:45 AM
Hey lol, your fire team isn't bad at all for this raid, you have Svarog, Brynhildr, Ares, Agni and Acala, Ragaraja is pretty good if you need an extra heal or just getting to burst faster, appart from your grid there shouldn't be any issue with you getting to half the Disaster HP on your own if you go with a nice strategy and a Soul that adapts to this raid.

Slashley
03-15-2018, 09:02 AM
I would've been happy with 30% and ecstatic with 50%, but this was just pitiful :rofl:

I'll just spoiler this miserably video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfNowtPNbIY
According to the MvP screen, I did 2.8m damage. That's ~17.5% I believe, as the thing has 16m HP.

Yeah. Shamefur dispray.
Thanks to Hinyu for more or less soloing the rest of the fight. I closed the tab after requesting help so I didn't get to see it.

Marigold
03-15-2018, 09:06 AM
I would've been happy with 30% and ecstatic with 50%, but this was just pitiful :rofl:

I'll just spoiler this miserably video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfNowtPNbIY
According to the MvP screen, I did 2.8m damage. That's ~17.5% I believe, as the thing has 16m HP.

Yeah. Shamefur dispray.
Thanks to Hinyu for more or less soloing the rest of the fight. I closed the tab after requesting help so I didn't get to see it.

You tried and it's what counts, I'm yet to do my attempt but I'll do during the day.

Debuffs + Off Att it's just block heading to me, but still if it's what you're into...
Just don't suggest it to others :o

BakaHentai
03-15-2018, 10:54 AM
Your best bet for farming the wind rag is to just run a fire team with heals and defense buffs/damage cuts. You might not be able to solo it like I can, but it would sure as hell be far more consistent for getting mvp, vs running an off-element team and praying for any debuff to land.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N49LEtdVUaY&t

MagicSpice
03-16-2018, 04:38 AM
so from what i'm getting, i should just run fire team with either Joan or Andromeda....

also kinda wish I had Dakki since she's the fire version of Beelzebub only no def drops but no direct atk buff (but has a wind damage cut in place of it).

i'd likely run her, Ares, Brynhildr, and Svarog if i ever pulled her like i wanted to... (good thing there's a rate up on her soon)

Laventale
03-16-2018, 08:56 AM
so from what i'm getting, i should just run fire team with either Joan or Andromeda....

also kinda wish I had Dakki since she's the fire version of Beelzebub only no def drops but no direct atk buff (but has a wind damage cut in place of it).

i'd likely run her, Ares, Brynhildr, and Svarog if i ever pulled her like i wanted to... (good thing there's a rate up on her soon)

http://puu.sh/zIVa8/a31320c156.png

This is my current Fire team setup and I'm not anywhere near clearing the wind rag.

Cobblemaniac
03-16-2018, 09:02 AM

This is my current Fire team setup and I'm not anywhere near clearing the wind rag.

I'm a bit concerned that your fire himes only benefit from 4 weapon skills in that team (see the blue skill 4). Can you show your weapon grid?

LeCrestfallen
03-16-2018, 09:04 AM
Just call for reinforcements ~~ only good part about this Debuff resistent a**hole is that you don't need to solo it.

Getting MVP is also not that hard in the fight from what i saw the last couple days (autobattle till i died with my dark team (which relies heavily on debuffs that don't stick either way)and called then for reinforcements)

Depending on who joins up, it seems to be possible to get MVP even with 25% damage done.
But hey, sample size are only several raids in less than a week, so whatever ++

edit:

I'm a bit concerned that your fire himes only benefit from 4 weapon skills in that team (see the blue skill 4). Can you show your weapon grid?

Have to admit, never paid any attention to the skill level number. i don't even know what its supposed to show X_X

Unregistered user
03-16-2018, 11:31 AM
Have to admit, never paid any attention to the skill level number. i don't even know what its supposed to show X_X

It shows the weapon skills that your himes/soul get from the weapon grid you have. So if you have 4 fire himes and 1 wind hime, and your grid consist in 4 fire weapons and 3 wind weapons it displays "Skill 4" for fire himes and "Skill 3" for the wind hime.

LeCrestfallen
03-16-2018, 11:41 AM
seems really pointless once you have more than 10 ~~
i would rather have a number that shows the total assault or HP values ~~

Unregistered user
03-16-2018, 11:50 AM
I believe we all think the same, but as they dont even bother to show us the actual % in weapons and skills I assume they care even less to show it there xD

Laventale
03-16-2018, 11:56 AM

Well, the devs seem to be pretty oblivious to their playerbase's demands.

I'd like to see consistent numbers on everything they add instead of the community having to figure everything out.

LeCrestfallen
03-16-2018, 12:08 PM
Starting with buffs/debuffs showing the correct % numbers in the ingame tooltips would be a good start ~~

VeryVoodoo
03-16-2018, 12:23 PM

Well if your party already has healers or some form of dmg mitigation, it's also possible to solo it with souls other than Joan/Andro, see attached:

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/320294976149782538/424009229997965333/unknown.png?width=968&height=653

Joan/Andro just make it easier/safer to do so.

BakaHentai
03-16-2018, 01:45 PM
Yeah, I wasn't trying to get people to solo it. You only do that to test out your fire team's strength. My main point was just trying to help give players useful information about how to make farming the wind Rag a little easier.

And shoot down Slashey and Sana's foolish idea of running teams full of debuffs--in the hopes to get lucky. Strategies like that will not help anyone against wind.

Slashley
03-16-2018, 01:50 PM
Yeah, I wasn't trying to get people to solo it. You only do that to test out your fire team's strength. My main point was just trying to help give players useful information about how to make farming the wind Rag a little easier. --Speaking of which, since Neverbloom ran out of interest, care to make a video of a SR Fire team tackling Wind Disaster? Without Belials, please.

BakaHentai
03-16-2018, 01:56 PM
Sure I can do that. Gonna have to summon on my alt though, main has summoned all 3 today.
It won't be a full clear, but it will be more than enough for mvp in a group setting.

Shieun
03-16-2018, 03:10 PM
Why would a team of fire SRs have difficulty with wind disaster? I'd have thought so long you're not trying to solo clear, and as long as it is shared and you have a respectable grids of fire event SSRs and SRs, you would have a okay chance coming out as 2nd MVP if you get in early.

Agni, Bryn, Hephahestus, Nataku to name a few is a very good fire SR hime unit. If you want to have a chance at higher number, then go Dazbog. Vulcan seems like an interesting unit as well, but I have not actually used her yet. Kagutsuchi allows you to get a stackable effects similar to Svarog on herself.

I'd understand using debuffs and pray approach if you do not have a good fire grid or fire hime to pull this, but if you actually have a good fire grid and two party wide buffer you can stack (e.g. agni and bryn/hephahestus) give your fire team a go at wind rag. You might get a pleasant surprise.

BakaHentai
03-16-2018, 03:33 PM
Yeah, there's seriously no reason not to run with a fire team, no matter what fire himes you have. I guess if you're a newer player or just ignored your fire grid then you might have no choice, but I think even a rainbow grid with decent fire himes/eidolons will be more than enough.

Going off-element is suicide. Building for debuffs is even worse.

MagicSpice
03-16-2018, 04:22 PM
well, giving it a few runs, i can do off element if i'm packing enough HP and got some help.... wouldn't even try off element with no less than 9k HP per character.... cause those double/triple hits hurt bad (which is why my light team can live for a while with Sol and chaos magic). still gotta admit fire is better trying them out... but brynhildr being my only healer always puts me on a damage race situation, which i can lose if RNG wants to target her with attacks...

also, some R hime actually come with some good effects... less damage you deal, but some have a self damage cut and one comes with b frame buffs... (too bad konohana can't debuff well cause she has sniper shot level debuffing). for a free player not packing much kami, even some R girls can help save their life

in fact, one of them gives 35 burst to a single target... helping those with a shingen strategy....

do you mean solo or with help? cause my light team can at least last long enough with 3-4 players as backup....

and my fire comp lets me push a lot of damage out (joan, ares, brynhildr, agni, svarog)

that, and i honestly have more fire element skills in my grid than that...

if it's a grid full of weapons with 2 effects, then you can have 20....

and personally, that's what i'd aim for cause it guarantees 100% to HP and atk when it's all at skill lv 20

still would hopefully be more assault oriented, but doubled HP and atk still sounds really good

BakaHentai
03-16-2018, 04:23 PM
As requested, full SR team and no Belial was used. (Cthugha + Fafnir) Funny enough, x2 Belial might have been enough to completely solo it.
Ending result was about 9.6 million damage dealt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCt0TKSR4co&feature=youtu.be

MagicSpice
03-16-2018, 04:28 PM
that damage is about on par to what i do, but my HP is about 6-7k....

did you get some defenders or is that all just assault?

BakaHentai
03-16-2018, 04:29 PM
Grid has 2 defenders, 7 assault, and 1 pride

Slashley
03-16-2018, 04:36 PM
As requested, full SR team and no Belial was used.Thank you~
Good work.

MagicSpice
03-16-2018, 04:36 PM
Grid has 2 defenders, 7 assault, and 1 pride

ah... i got 5 large assault (totals 56.5%) and a lv9 pride...
plus if i could net just one more drag eye, then i'm capable of getting awakened svarog...

plus, not sure if i should use acala in the comp cause she's actually decent without the self debuff skill, especially when i gotta cut down burst guage

BakaHentai
03-16-2018, 04:45 PM
ah... i got 5 large assault (totals 56.5%) and a lv9 pride...
plus if i could net just one more drag eye, then i'm capable of getting awakened svarog...

plus, not sure if i should use acala in the comp cause she's actually decent without the self debuff skill, especially when i gotta cut down burst guage

Well, that wasn't my 'real' fire team. I don't use Andro or Cthugha with them, but for soloing WRag, epecially with an SR team, the extra HP and healing is needed. Despite the loss in damage. None of those SR himes had accessories either. So there's that.

When I'm farming WRags normally, I'm using Arthur + PF and my fire team normally hits for about 60 - 70k damage per unit.

I'd say Acala is worth using though, especially if you don't have any other Fire SSR to replace her.

BakaHentai
03-16-2018, 04:54 PM
Thank you~
Good work.

No problem and thanks.

MagicSpice
03-16-2018, 05:04 PM
Well, that wasn't my 'real' fire team. I don't use Andro or Cthugha with them, but for soloing WRag, epecially with an SR team, the extra HP and healing is needed. Despite the loss in damage. None of those SR himes had accessories either. So there's that.

When I'm farming WRags normally, I'm using Arthur + PF and my fire team normally hits for about 60 - 70k damage per unit.

I'd say Acala is worth using though, especially if you don't have any other Fire SSR to replace her.

that's the thing, i got ares, acala, and svarog... but brynhildr is needed (my only fire healer) and agni comes with a fire atk buff (along with a self buff that works like a pride weapon).

acala can do a lot of damage under the right conditions, but having her replace agni would be the issue...

also, i don't even remember what fire Acc i have... been a while since i even tried to get them some accessories (cause my water team's damage is low, but they have healers out the woodworks...)

Shieun
03-16-2018, 09:10 PM
While I do bring Acala into wind rag, I feel that I might benefit more replacing her with one of the SRs... With that said though, I dont think I'll try to solo a wind rag, so I'd doubt I'll build my team for this.

Laventale
03-16-2018, 09:23 PM
While I do bring Acala into wind rag, I feel that I might benefit more replacing her with one of the SRs... With that said though, I dont think I'll try to solo a wind rag, so I'd doubt I'll build my team for this.

Since it's extremely hard to put some debuffs onto her, bringing Acala (who's known for getting some real damage in) may actually be a good idea. Remember to bring heals and damage mitigators.

Cobblemaniac
03-16-2018, 09:27 PM

I'm hella late to the party (yay Asia timezones), but what it's supposed to show is the number of elemental weapon skills your kamihime benefit from. Click on the blue skill number and you'll see a summary of which weapon skills are active. Which is why I was worried, in an ideal weapon grid your the blue skill section should read skill 9, but since I see skill 4, I was having doubts that your entire weapon grid was fully fire. If you're running a rainbow (or anything close to not full fire) grid, that might contribute to the problem.

bigblackcock
03-16-2018, 11:13 PM
is it possible to find the gold core when you join others raid boss or only when you're the one starting it? :think:

Cobblemaniac
03-17-2018, 12:13 AM
is it possible to find the gold core when you join others raid boss or only when you're the one starting it? :think:

Other than spawn guarantees one, I believe you need to score an MVP to grab regalia. Probably sub-MVP too, but don't quote me on that, I've never scored MVP in wind ragna raid before :frown:

bigblackcock
03-17-2018, 12:17 AM
Other than spawn guarantees one, I believe you need to score an MVP to grab regalia. Probably sub-MVP too, but don't quote me on that, I've never scored MVP in wind ragna raid before :frown:
i did score MVP a few times yesterday during burst time, but i haven't got any gold core.
so either i'm unlucky or they're available only when you start one, that why o wanted to confirm it here

SlickFenix
03-17-2018, 12:48 AM
Only the Host gets the Regalia. All others get the shards.

Slashley
03-17-2018, 01:06 AM
-- Which is why I was worried, in an ideal weapon grid your the blue skill section should read skill 9, but since I see skill 4, I was having doubts that your entire weapon grid was fully fire.--10.
And 11 if there's one double-skill. And 12 if two.

Fire doesn't have any event double-skill weapons out on Nutaku though.

MagicSpice
03-17-2018, 02:01 PM
And 11 if there's one double-skill. And 12 if two.

Fire doesn't have any event double-skill weapons out on Nutaku though.

in a perfect world, it'd read 20... at least 10 of which being large assault...

but maybe they'll get to it eventually... kamipro is still going hella strong on DMM (along with FKG and senpro)

Only the Host gets the Regalia. All others get the shards.

and considering we don't have the shard trade yet, that means anyone wanting a MLB wind regalia weapon right now needs to farm the hell out of that raid...

if i added it up right, just the AP count alone is 6000 spent...

Aidoru
03-17-2018, 02:21 PM
AP is not a problem since you can't create more than 3 per day and high rank players have over 100 base AP and probably hundreds of elixirs, so another 50 or so AP can be gotten from a single elixir a day if they don't want to wait for regen.

The cores to start the raid are the problem, even more so since the other lower difficulty raids to get them don't guarantee drops and are also day limited. You can't get cores from shop or SP quests either. So unless you already have ridiculous amount saved, you won't be anywhere close.

MagicSpice
03-17-2018, 07:18 PM
AP is not a problem since you can't create more than 3 per day and high rank players have over 100 base AP and probably hundreds of elixirs, so another 50 or so AP can be gotten from a single elixir a day if they don't want to wait for regen.

The cores to start the raid are the problem, even more so since the other lower difficulty raids to get them don't guarantee drops and are also day limited. You can't get cores from shop or SP quests either. So unless you already have ridiculous amount saved, you won't be anywhere close.

yeah, the cores alone is roughly 90 just to get one copy of the weapon from starting raids...

so you'll need a whooping 360 of them to even MLB a regalia weapon this way... even if you somehow have a ton of luck, you'll likely only get around 9-12 cores a day.

it's more or less unfeasible to get one anytime soon... hence why i'm not in a rush (but still want to clear one if it pops up)

sanahtlig
03-17-2018, 08:13 PM
Spawning 1 and joining 1 raid a day, and MVPing each time, will earn you 70 regalia a month once regalia are added to the shop. So even farming casually like me, you could easily MLB a weapon in 2 months. The core drop rate from Experts is maybe 1 per 3 fights, and 1 per 5 from Normal? Add in the drops from the Catastrophe itself, and 1 spawn per day seems sustainable, especially if you start with a stockpile of 30 or so.

MagicSpice
03-17-2018, 08:27 PM
even then, that's a tall order for the typical player....

even having a player that does try to farm as much as possible will end up doing raids, accessories, and SP quests (cause you need accessory entry items).... on top of events....

plus some of those materials gotta go to any worthwhile kamihime (i left thor at 1 star awakened for a long time due to lack of farming)

i highly doubt anyone has stockpiled enough elixirs for all that, unless they're a major kraken/space whale

sanahtlig
03-17-2018, 08:40 PM
You're not going to be spam farming AQ4 while doing this, no. But presumably many players have a full set of SR accessories by now, and they'll be casually farming AQ3 with resources stockpiled over the past 3 months. I have enough for 10 weeks of runs on every element I think without additional farming. Disasters sometimes drop the AQ3 and AQ4 spawn materials too.

SlickFenix
03-18-2018, 02:01 AM
My Daily Routine is 2 Expert Caves, 3 AQ3/4 (Depending on Mats), 3 Wrags (I have a ton of mats for this), rest towards event.

Slashley
03-18-2018, 02:22 AM
You're not going to be spam farming AQ4 while doing this, no. But presumably many players have a full set of SR accessories by now, --:sad:
The only element I have fully equipped is Water, and that's mostly just Rs...

Marigold
04-02-2018, 10:49 PM
ignore me beating a dead horse, this is just for a brief display (something that I lacked while explaining before before)

unless they're a major kraken/space whale

I apologize in advance for being unable to record a battle but my laptop even lags on Youtube so I mostly play on my phone from my job.
Now since this is a major misconception (being able to clear hard content only if you're a lovecraftian whale) I'll be adjunting and explaining my previous "attempts" at explaining my personal strategy to clear this content or atleast get as far as you can without dying.

First things first; you have to know and be aware that your main "x" element team won't be able to clear all the content / won't do it in the most optimal way. Typically "odd" raids with a special gimmicks require you to make adjustments around to counter their mechanics nor adapt to their skillset (Examples: Medusa, Wind Lilim Demon, Wind Catastrophe, Typhon and in the future Horus).

With this in mind let's go to this Raid's gimmick, moveset and recommended counters/playstyle.
This Raid's main gimmick is that the almighty Debuffs are almost imposible to land on it (literally 1/15 chance on single debuffs like Ambush and 1/5 chance on dual debuffs like Amaterasu or Sniper Shot), his detailed moveset is:
-Normal Attack (He uses this both in his normal state and on his Raging state.
-Overdrive #1 (Outside of Rage): He attacks one Kamihime with a big damage dealing skill (-4000/-5000 if using Fire) and applies a Regen Buff to self that heals him everytime he lands a hit (usually for 15000-20000 per hit so you can totally out damage it).
-Overdrive #2 (Raging): He attacks randomly 5 times with the same skill as before (maybe a little less) and self buffs himself with Double and Triple Attack Rate +.
-Overdrive #3 (Raging): He attacks all Kamihime for the same damage as before (maybe a little less) and attempts to apply this debuffs to the party: Attack Down (Unknown quantity and Frame), Dizziness/Charm.
*Quick Notice: You can easily dispel this since his Skills are random and it's probable that he will only buff himself with Regen if you know how to Manage his Raging Phase, my personal recommended Strategy for Solo or partially Solo Attempts is that you use a dispel for the Regen Buff and just wait the time on the Raging Double + Triple Rate buffs out.
There's not much to say here other than this: Be careful with the Overdrives when the raid is Raging

With this out of the way we can continue with the recommended composition/strategy to tackle this raid.
* Avoid Debuffs if able to: Contrary to some belief running Debuffs against this raid is a complete waste of a slot, now let me articulate further on it: if you have say Amaterasu or Mars run them by all means, they're amazing, just don't go out of your way to run debuffs (example: benching a good Kamihime to run an R/SR Debuffer, running a Soul like Mordred, D'Artagnan etc because of their debuffs or using EX Skill Debuffs like Sniper Shot, Ambush, Trial by Jury or Black Propaganda avoid this at all costs), now yes; if a debuff land it is extremely powerful and a total game changer but if you rely on them rather than using that spot on another useful Skill/Kamihime with the criminally low chances of it landing (1/15 Single & 1/5 Dual) you're shooting yourself in the foot by sacrificing survivability that you will need against this raid for a really counterproductive almost imposible to payout gamble. Even if you aren't powerful or have top tier Kamihime to lower the raid HP by say 30% or 50% on your own don't do it, if you ask for help and an inexperienced player joins with debuffs is his problem and if one by any chance lands good, just don't rely on them at all; adapt to not having debuffs.

*As said before survivability is the main name of fighting this Raid but Raw Damage is a close second; this is why if you lack Healers, Regen Enablers, Buffers and or Damage Cutters you want to fill those Kamihime Spots with high Fire damaging Kamihime. Yes, some Fire Kamihime that are normally outclassed or classified as "Mediocre" (Say Acala, Ares, etcetera) are absolutely amazing if you lack the higher tier Kamihime to tackle this raid here and most likely only here (in my opinion).

*I don't like recommending what Kamihime to bring or use since Fire has a huge pool of useful and also some mediocre Kamihime and most players won't have the optimal setup or the MVP's to deal with this raid but since popular demand is normally asking for it here it is nonetheless:
Tier 1 Against this raid:
1. Dakki (Damage Cut + Rampaging and Multiple Hit + For the whole party)
2. Svarog [Awakened] (Permanent +40% Attack buff for the whole party + fast Burst gain and huge Nuke)
3. Summer Sol (Party Heal fucking finally amirite, nevermind it's limited, Party Att Buff)
4. Brynhildr (Party Heal, Party Attack Buff & Double Hit Rate +)
5. Amaterasu (Party Regen) [YES, FIRE LACKS HEALERS THIS MUCH)
6. Mars (Dispel for those pesky overdrives, pseudo Nuke, Party Buff)
7. Ragaraja (Party Regen, Party Zeal for faster Burst)
Tier 2 Against this raid:
1. Any Nuker / High Hitting Kamihime: Ares, Acala, Uriel, etc (avoid Stun exploiters since this boss' Stun lasts
literally no time (200-500k / 2 Party Attacks)
2. Any Party Buffing Kamihime: Agni, etc...
The tiers' relevance goes according to this: Tier 1 is your priority and Tier 2 is filler*

* Recommended Souls follow this order:
1. Do you need a Healer? You're running Fire, you DO need a Healer if you want to survive this raid, try using Andromeda, Cassiopeia (Most recommended [heal + dispel] or Joan D'arc (2nd Most Recommended for her Damage Cut + Regen) as your main if possible.
2. You're a big boy, huh? You have a healer and you hit like a truck? Might as well kill the raid faster: Recommended Souls then are; Arthur, Hercules, Morgan & Friends

* Your recommended EX Skill follows the same logic: First you want to grab a healing skill if possible, if you're confident of yourself grab a dispel (this goes to those attempting to solo or those who solo a chunk of the raid's HP before asking for help) and after you want to use a Damage increasing skill that goes with your strategy like Arthur with Provisional Forest or something (big boy damage dealers only).

Last important advice: Ignore off-attribute Kamihime at all cost, don't try to use any other attribute Team unless your Fire team is really, really crappy and of course, don't run off-attribute Kamihime at all here, your Sol for example will get absolutely decimated by the raid (off attribute damage) and her damage will be ridiculously low since your weapons/eidolon won't boost her, also the skills won't make up for it at all this time; it's a total no-no, sorry for those who run these on their Fire main, this boss is ruthless

Now that we're done with that I'll give my experience and testimony on facing this particular raid:

https://i.imgur.com/pdXqEsz.png
That's an old picture (1-2 weeks old I forgot) of me soloing this raid before I got my Mars, at the time being my Grid was at 125% Assault out of a possible 164% Assault when maxed, I also run with a very bad Eidolon (Cthugha +40% Character Attack +20% HP), so I wasn't in the 'optimal' damage situation when not maxed and without Belial, so that's a thing...
I normally solo this raid since it came out a few times a day when I have spare time (as the picture shows I lose a lot of time since Chrome is ass and it gets stuck so I have to reload the page after each 4 minutes since it has a memory hog issue) and when not I just auto it and ask for help always getting MVP...
I tried my best to explain what to and not to do while facing this raid and you might not be able to defeat it by yourself but you will be able to take a bigger chunk of his HP out and also last longer while fighting if your grid isn't as good or you don't have the main Kamihimes needed for the task, I did a test in which I only used SR against this Raid and I took 50'ish% of his HP Solo before dying so it's possible to MVP even if you don't have the overpowered Kamihimes, even 30% HP is enough to MVP most of the time, I've joined Ragnarok Wind Disaster Raids at 50% HP and gotten MVP myself so don't feel discouraged if you did poorly before.

I truly hope this helped and if you have any other question let me know. :)

Well I did a Solo run without Andromeda (Using Joan) and using my Level 25 Mars (I just got Mars today lol) and I actually made it easily, Joan died near the end but no one else did and I did it myself lol, with a glorified R Girl in Level 25 Mars kek.

https://i.imgur.com/qrHhIfx.png
excuse the humongous picture size please

Unregistered
04-03-2018, 02:17 PM
Even tho the recommendations are fine, the ougis are wrong, during raging, one of her ougis (the multi hit one) is 5 random hits and WILL buff her with double and triple attack rate, its not just randomly, and the other ougi is the aoe as you said BUT she doesnt buff herself, she debuffs you instead, you are mixing the ougis, outside of this little mistake everything is fine.

Marigold
04-03-2018, 02:34 PM
The Overdrives have been corrected, thanks! I wrote that at 1 AM lol.

Sora
04-12-2018, 05:23 AM
I found a video, where someone actually did wind rag with an off-element --> w.ww.youtube.com/watch?v=LfUtd3K-YaI

Laventale
04-12-2018, 05:44 AM
I found a video, where someone actually did wind rag with an off-element --> w.ww.youtube.com/watch?v=LfUtd3K-YaI

This is not uncommon, to be honest. If you, by all means, have a better team (that's not Thunder) to deal with the boss, fight it with that team.

Ikki
04-12-2018, 10:56 AM

Soloing wind rag with off element right now in nutaku is something only super whales like Maru can pull of, that vid is from June 2017 and with AW sol, we have no AW sol yet and im not sure if the guy in the vid has joan hp weapon for the 60% dmg cut or not, which makes even more diff, with AW sol im pretty sure Nonsensei will make a solo vid.

Marigold
04-12-2018, 11:36 AM
That will be doable in a few months here on Nutaku, for the time being I find it completely impractical but perhaps posible (5/100).
First we need more relic weapons, second we need Soul rebalances and lastly we need a few more awakenings

MagicSpice
04-13-2018, 08:52 AM
Quite frankly, i just want to be able to clear the thing... and for that, i'll need to level Dakki more...

she's only about lv36 with 3rd break (along with snow raphael who should help greatly for the fire one...)

nonsensei
05-08-2018, 06:56 AM
Well, kinda late with this, but: someone said off-element wind rag solo?

https://youtu.be/YVSppZ5KcSY

P.S.: don't mind my crash around halftime.. I kinda forgot to cut that out. :sweat:

MagicSpice
05-08-2018, 10:24 AM
kinda figured you'd need multiple healers for that....

also, nice of you to wait til after we got that OP gun for light. if i toss in metatron's weapon, my light grid would have all 10 weapons being light SSR (despite two being defender only).

nonsensei
05-08-2018, 10:29 AM
kinda figured you'd need multiple healers for that....

also, nice of you to wait til after we got that OP gun for light. if i toss in metatron's weapon, my light grid would have all 10 weapons being light SSR (despite two being defender only).

Shamash made the real difference, tho. I got her from one of the prem tix of Tiamat. Before, I could manage to around 10~20% hp.

MagicSpice
05-08-2018, 10:31 AM
Shamash made the real difference, tho. I got her from one of the prem tix of Tiamat. Before, I could manage to around 10~20% hp.

i never got to pull her....

my light SSR is LTsuki, Sol (so ready for her awakening), Raphael, and now Metatron

Unregistered
05-19-2018, 07:35 AM
I have finally got enough fragments to buy one weapon but which one should i get?

Laventale
05-19-2018, 08:36 AM
I have finally got enough fragments to buy one weapon but which one should i get?

You should save as it took you THIS LONG to get 30 fragments, there are better weapons coming down the path.

Delete
05-19-2018, 10:02 AM
I think I have read that the next weapons are Andromeda and Mordred. Any idea how much time we will have to wait for Joan D'Arc?

Bear
05-19-2018, 10:05 AM
I think I have read that the next weapons are Andromeda and Mordred. Any idea how much time we will have to wait for Joan D'Arc?

DMM's Old Rags (Lv70) release order for reference:

1/12 - TRag & Arthur Weapons
2/17 - WinRag
2/28 - DArt Weapons
5/11 - FRag & Mord / Andro Weapons
6/19 - WaRag & Jeanne / Herc Weapons
7/20 - LRag & Solomon / Sieg Weapons
8/21 - Morgan & Shingen Weapons. DRag release postponed. 30x Apolo-D.Regalia were given out to all registered players
9/11 - DRag

Slashley
05-19-2018, 10:26 AM
I think I have read that the next weapons are Andromeda and Mordred. Any idea how much time we will have to wait for Joan D'Arc?Because we're 365 days behind DMM, you can just look at Bear's post.

Or, just look up the encyclopedia in Sanahtlig's toolbox (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PhfOAQk6EyK5l33ux_C4T-cexVIQp6D-_Hbd-OO1OmQ/edit#gid=1090858479). That's what it's there for.

Either way, Nutaku is lagging behind with these Ult Disasters and weapons by a bit, so only time will tell proper.

Delete
05-19-2018, 10:37 AM
Thanks, Mon..Ejem, Bear. That's really helpfull.
Just to myself to clarify a bit my objectives...
- Wind...I have no idea what to do. I have enough fragments for a weapon with 1 LB, but I'm not sure what weapon to choose. Still not have Shingen, and is a long way to her. I usually change on wind right now between Arthur, Mordred and Joanne.
- Thunder I already have D'Artagnan HP weapon with 1 LB.
- Fire I will wait for Joanne D'Arc weapon. Attack weapon, but not 100% sure.
- Water is clear; Joanne D'Arc attack weapon. No doubts here right now.
- Light right now the idea is Arthur attack weapon; I use Arthur for the mini-burst extra with Metatron, but can change on the future with more Kamihime.
- Dark is a long way still. Right now it could be Joanne attack or Andromeda attack. But like with Light it can change.

Decisions...decisions... :think::think::think:

Bear
05-19-2018, 12:43 PM
Thanks, Mon..Ejem, Bear. That's really helpfull.
Just to myself to clarify a bit my objectives...
- Wind...I have no idea what to do. I have enough fragments for a weapon with 1 LB, but I'm not sure what weapon to choose. Still not have Shingen, and is a long way to her. I usually change on wind right now between Arthur, Mordred and Joanne.
- Thunder I already have D'Artagnan HP weapon with 1 LB.
- Fire I will wait for Joanne D'Arc weapon. Attack weapon, but not 100% sure.
- Water is clear; Joanne D'Arc attack weapon. No doubts here right now.
- Light right now the idea is Arthur attack weapon; I use Arthur for the mini-burst extra with Metatron, but can change on the future with more Kamihime.
- Dark is a long way still. Right now it could be Joanne attack or Andromeda attack. But like with Light it can change.

Decisions...decisions... :think::think::think:

- No comment on wind. Not enough input.
- DArt with HP gun is fine for thunder for the time being.
- Jeanne + Fire is fine. Don't use HP weapon. Unless you are that desperate for hp, but that would completely defeat the purpose of playing fire at all.
- Not sure about Jeanne + Water. Even Mord would be a better choice since water does not lack defense at all, but then again I have no idea what your roster looks like.
- Don't use Arthur for anything unless you're going to abuse PF. Ever.
- No comment on dark. Not enough input.

Unregistered
05-19-2018, 06:33 PM
You should save as it took you THIS LONG to get 30 fragments, there are better weapons coming down the path.

Thanks - i will save up for now.

Delete
05-20-2018, 01:02 AM
- No comment on wind. Not enough input.
- DArt with HP gun is fine for thunder for the time being.
- Jeanne + Fire is fine. Don't use HP weapon. Unless you are that desperate for hp, but that would completely defeat the purpose of playing fire at all.
- Not sure about Jeanne + Water. Even Mord would be a better choice since water does not lack defense at all, but then again I have no idea what your roster looks like.
- Don't use Arthur for anything unless you're going to abuse PF. Ever.
- No comment on dark. Not enough input.

Sorry. I do not give much information, no.
In general I like to fight with much defense; always a good healer and normally another defensive or secondary healer character.
- Wind right now my team is Joan D'arc (Ambush), Cybele SSR, Azazel, Titania and Sol, subs Ithaqqua and Freya. Eidolon Icarus MLB. Titania not awakened, but I hope it will be soon. I also have Odin, but do not like her, maybe when she awakes. The team works well, just not sure if Joan is the definitive Soul here.
- Thunder already have the weapon. For the record, my actual team is D'artagnan (Black Propaganda), Thor Awakened, Tyr, Ramiel and Sol, subs Kingu and Cyclops. Eidolon is Thunderbird with 1 LB, soon to be changed my Amaru. Tyr is not Awakened, and can be some time until I do; low priority. The slot of Ramiel can be changed any moment for Kingu or Astraea. Not a great team, I suppose, but does the job.
-Fire is Joan D'arc (Ambush), Svarog Awakened, Amaterasu, Brynhild and Ares Awakened, subs Dakki and Ragel. Eidolon is Echidna with 1 LB (no true fire Eidolon save Yatagarasu). Main element, and I really like it. If It is truly necessary Brynhild can be changed for Sol if debuff removal, either on the team or enemy, is necesary.
-Water is Joan D'Arc (Ambush), Shiva, Poseidon, Sol and Belphegor, subs Nike normal and Parvati. Eidolon is Jack Frost. No more Kamihime SSR on Water. I know Shiva is not very good, but I wanted a bit of punch. Very possible she is changed with Atalanta when she arrives. Is a very, very defensive team, basically for accessories T4. With the lack of fire events, I have no idea how it works on Raids or similar. On accessories works great, but is possible that for other kind of battles it can be better to change Soul. Another reason to wait for the fire events; test the water team. A good weapon selection helps the lack of Kamihime.
-Light right now is Arthur (Sniper Shot), Metatron, Diana, Sol and Belobog, subs Raphael and Artemis. Eidolon is Barong. I like more Belobog than Raphael for help Sol on the defense. Arthur is there for the extra 2 character Burst with Metatron, it kinda works. Right now I do not have Shingen, but I will have she on Lust reprint. The problem will be the lack of B defense down. Like on water, the weapon grid helps compensates the strange Kamihime selection.
-Dark is Joan D'arc (Sniper Shot), Satan, Thanatos, Beelzebub and Sol, subs Amon SSR and Bastet. Eidolon is Amphisbaena. So many Defense down…I hate that Amon is not on main team, but Satan seems to work a bit better. The Sniper is more for the attack down that the defense down. I have made some experiments with Andromeda and change Sol for Amon SSR, but with Joan works better.

Cobblemaniac
05-21-2018, 08:14 AM

Took this photo on phone, so it might not seem very clear but...

That's Mordred's Outrage, SSR Nike and Cthulhu's def break all on wind fucking catastrophe. And Mordred landed BP too, but it expired before I could snap it down.

...What's the probability of that happening? I felt like I struck the lottery, but felt like that luck should've gone to my gacha...

Marigold
05-21-2018, 02:01 PM

Took this photo on phone, so it might not seem very clear but...

That's Mordred's Outrage, SSR Nike and Cthulhu's def break all on wind fucking catastrophe. And Mordred landed BP too, but it expired before I could snap it down.

...What's the probability of that happening? I felt like I struck the lottery, but felt like that luck should've gone to my gacha...

I mean, I would be impressed but 13/15 🤔

Cobblemaniac
05-21-2018, 07:25 PM
I mean, I would be impressed but 13/15 🤔

Wasn't the probability supposed to multiply instead of add? 13/15 looks like added probability, and seems way too optimistic for how many times you miss a debuff... :think:

Marigold
05-21-2018, 07:56 PM
It doesn't change at all regarding the number of members, it gets stupidly boosted when you lag because of many members / purposely generate lag toogling the command window while de Debuffs are used.

Cobblemaniac
05-21-2018, 08:16 PM
It doesn't change at all regarding the number of members, it gets stupidly boosted when you lag because of many members / purposely generate lag toogling the command window while de Debuffs are used.

That... seems weird. A glitch? Intended? Why does it work that way?

Marigold
05-22-2018, 11:37 AM
That... seems weird. A glitch? Intended? Why does it work that way?

Crappy Server optimization leads to these glitches

sanahtlig
08-29-2018, 06:25 PM
I managed to solo this with my Wind team just now during Burst hour (took ~18 min). I ran Morgan (ATK Soul weapon to buff Berserk, EX Provisonal Forest), SSR Cybele, Gaia, Titania, Hastur. Cu Chulainn and Oberon in reserve. Also used a +100% friend eidolon.

I used normal attacks until the boss used its overdrive (blocked with Gaia), readied Provisional Forest and pushed the boss into Rage with damage abilities and a normal attack. My buffed Burst took out about 70% of the Rage bar; I then activated all of my multi-hit abilities and Berserked, pushing to Stun with 2 orbs. By the time the boss broke Stun and used its overdrive Gaia's block was ready again. I accelerated damage and repeated, using Provisional Forest + Wind Kaiser to further buff the Burst. I had to eat a Rage Overdrive this time because Berserk wasn't ready yet. Rinse and repeat for a 3rd time and the win. Titania died in the second half and was replaced by Cu Chulainn, who was an effective sub.

Morgan's heal was effective for propping up those who got focused. I spammed debuffs during the Rage phase but only a single ATK down ever landed. A Fire Kaiser and Gaia's Protect should be effective for greatly mitigating overdrives during Rage or when Block isn't ready. Timing the overdrives is pretty critical; if Charm lands before Burst, that could be Game Over.

sanahtlig
08-31-2018, 05:11 PM
I repeated the strategy a few times and refined it to the point I'm very confident I can pull it off reliably. Fire Kaiser and Gaia Protect are effective gap-fillers, allowing me to nearly fully mitigate every Overdrive. The boss has one opportunity to use a Rage Overdrive in cycle 2; if it's the double/triple buff, then I have to wait it out. Otherwise these are 10min clears. Charm from the Bursts does occasionally land and this can interfere with overdrive timing; cycle 2 is a particularly vulnerable point.

The strategy works identically outside Burst hour and that means I can do these runs whenever. I also tried without a 100% eidolon; the DPS shortage (I kept my 40/20 character ATK/HP eidolon) meant that I ended up facetanking a Rage Overdrive each cycle, but I still managed to pull off a victory with no deaths until the end (ultimately caused by Charm). Conversely, the DPS shortage meant I could pull off a Full Burst during Stun, which was useful. The fight took much longer and ultimately this is not an efficient way to clear.

sanahtlig
09-01-2018, 01:40 PM
I created a video demonstrating a Wind Berserk build solo against the Wind Catastrophe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_j5HIjC_70

Mirage
09-01-2018, 02:49 PM
Wind Berserk build
I think you are confusing between "Berserk build" and "balance build that run Morgan as Soul". Berserk build is supposed to be DATA focused with more emphasize on TA (multiple guaranted or high rate TA) , and the team u used clearly had nowhere near enough

Slashley
09-01-2018, 03:57 PM
I think you are confusing between "Berserk build" and "balance build that run Morgan as Soul". Berserk build is supposed to be DATA focused with more emphasize on TA (multiple guaranted or high rate TA) , and the team u used clearly had nowhere near enough"Nowhere near enough"? What would you change up, then?

He could replace Gaia for Cu I guess, although overall that'd make the team a ton weaker against any content that isn't a joke for you. Aside from that, I think all he is missing is Odin? But who exactly to replace with her? Hastur? That would be fairly rough against normal content with normal debuff resistance though.

nonsensei
09-01-2018, 04:27 PM
"Nowhere near enough"? What would you change up, then?

He could replace Gaia for Cu I guess, although overall that'd make the team a ton weaker against any content that isn't a joke for you. Aside from that, I think all he is missing is Odin? But who exactly to replace with her? Hastur? That would be fairly rough against normal content with normal debuff resistance though.

Actually.. I'm using exactly that comp with my Morgan setup. Obviously not cut for wrag, but can easily destroy trag.
To be precise: Morgan(Ambush), Titania AW, Cu, Odin, Cybele(U). Sounds pretty fucked up ordering, right? But Titania has the most consistent BG gain after the 1st cycle & since she buffs herself with her DATA buff, she has an easy time to gain (even more than) the necessary BG on the first cycle. Cybele(U) is on an odd place cycle-wise, I know. But my team is ready for burst in 3t like this almost guaranteed (Odin has to do 2x DA or 1x TA.. much more feasible than Cybele TAing once).

Oh, and since Sana proposed the silly idea of doing Crom with wind back then, I actually gave it a shot with that setup, except using Set instead of Odin (I dun have Gaia). To my surprise, I got to ~40% hp of Crom and that was with Crom deciding to triple Cu to death on her normal phase. Was a fun challenge, tho.

Bear
09-01-2018, 04:36 PM
"Nowhere near enough"? What would you change up, then?

:think:

Personally I'm not the biggest fan of Wind Morgan Berserk build because of Wind roster's own... lack of 'offense + utility in 1 package' kinda of units. (Light does that so much better)

IMO Morgan Berserk build is great for showing off the massive numbers you can do within the first 3 or so turns and is an excellent build for easy events like Advent and Raid. However, since you're really counting on your front loading dmg for clearing or taking MVP in contents, if that doesn't kill off the enemy, then the team loses steam and takes a long time to be back on track again. (Basing off High Rag experience here).

But yes, I'd say definitely just swap Cu in for Hastur against NoDebuff enemies OR Gaia against normal enemies. Cu and QB both have their own invincibility CD against nukes that matter, and really if you're running more than 10k health already (assuming you didn't waste any grid slots for pure defenders), that's more than enough health to survive the the random hit nuke two times or so, and you can further increase your survival rate by abusing summon actives like Tiamat / Amalthea / 0lb Kaiser. And if the enemy is vulnerable to debuff, then rest assured that, not many things can survive a full Morgan Berserk Team for longer than 10 turns, ...and you don't even need to have your own Hraes to be able to do that. If you do run into scenarios where you find yourself in need of Gaia, you probably shouldn't be running Berserk build to begin with.

Unregistered
09-01-2018, 06:08 PM
:think:

Personally I'm not the biggest fan of Wind Morgan Berserk build because of Wind roster's own... lack of 'offense + utility in 1 package' kinda of units. (Light does that so much better)

IMO Morgan Berserk build is great for showing off the massive numbers you can do within the first 3 or so turns and is an excellent build for easy events like Advent and Raid. However, since you're really counting on your front loading dmg for clearing or taking MVP in contents, if that doesn't kill off the enemy, then the team loses steam and takes a long time to be back on track again. (Basing off High Rag experience here).

But yes, I'd say definitely just swap Cu in for Hastur against NoDebuff enemies OR Gaia against normal enemies. Cu and QB both have their own invincibility CD against nukes that matter, and really if you're running more than 10k health already (assuming you didn't waste any grid slots for pure defenders), that's more than enough health to survive the the random hit nuke two times or so, and you can further increase your survival rate by abusing summon actives like Tiamat / Amalthea / 0lb Kaiser. And if the enemy is vulnerable to debuff, then rest assured that, not many things can survive a full Morgan Berserk Team for longer than 10 turns, ...and you don't even need to have your own Hraes to be able to do that. If you do run into scenarios where you find yourself in need of Gaia, you probably shouldn't be running Berserk build to begin with.

What build would you recommend for wind instead?