PDA

View Full Version : Sacred sword princess: arena always gives me overpowered opponents

Biodeamon
03-25-2018, 01:50 PM
It seems that every time I try and join arena the only opponents I can ever fight are people ridiculously higher in overall power levels. I thought at first maybe it was because I just started out so I raised my levels to 4000 but even now I'm partnered with people at 8000..! This is ridiculous.

Is anybody having the same problem? its nearly impossible to get anywhere

Semaphore
03-25-2018, 03:17 PM
Arena matchups are based on your arena rank score ("PT", though I'm not sure what that stands for), not your character power rating.

You should be able to mostly beat players whose power is comparable to your own by choosing the matchups to give you an elemental advantage. The 3 on 3 battle basically starts as three 1 on 1 duels, and only if one character wins her duel does she go assist her teammates. For example, I'm currently on a 22 game winning streak, but probably had a lower total power rating than my opponent in about half of those matches. In most of them, I'd have lost had my opponent gotten to choose the pairings.

Aidoru
03-25-2018, 03:39 PM
Maybe the game doesn't factor in lower ranked players but at high, there is little difference between two players with 4k difference. I'm at about 270k, I encounter players with 50~100k plus or minus power difference all the time.

You always have the composition advantage as you can change your team however you want before the match, so take advantage of that and you'll be able to deal with players that have stronger teams by taking advantage of elemental/type weaknesses.

starburst98
03-25-2018, 04:28 PM
also, the very bottom should have a enemy team labeled "not counted" they are usually a lot weaker, beating them doesn't count for gaining pts, but it does count for getting arena medals, which you can use in the shop to buy shards and stuff to make your team stronger.

Astasia
03-25-2018, 09:44 PM
The game creates opponents based on your arena points, which is your rank on the server. It's not meant to be fair, it's a ladder, you have to get stronger and beat stronger opponents to push ahead. Every win adds more points which pushes you up the ladder and makes the opponents stronger, 90% of the time all of the opponents it generates for me are too risky to try and beat and I have to fight the bottom option which adds no points but still provides the usual rank rewards. When I jump up in power a bit then I can usually get a match I can win and I gain a few more points and climb the ladder a bit, then it's back to farming the bottom option. As a brand new player you are just at the bottom of the ladder and you need to gain enough power to start climbing, there's also probably a lot of variation down there as not everyone jumps into the arena right away.

Ramazan
03-26-2018, 03:02 AM
What astasia said, so arena is kinda works like a threshold, idk if your ranking ever resets but if you cant find any opponents that is weaker than you that means you hit the threshold and cant advance further till you improve your team. Just do 'not counted' matches for the rewards.