PDA

View Full Version : Need advice: Duplicate girls, what do you do with them?

Zeban
04-01-2018, 07:26 PM
So I just got a second Kerria today. I just finished blooming my first and she's almost as good as my Alpinia. I know FKG won't let you use the same char on a team twice, but would it be good to bloom my second copy and use her on team 2? Or should I try and get lucky with an upgrade so I don't have to use a Rainbow Dressbloom/Skillbloom to boost her?

This is a really hard decision so I wanted to ask before choosing on my own. Anyone with experience in this area?

phob
04-01-2018, 07:41 PM
So I just got a second Kerria today. I just finished blooming my first and she's almost as good as my Alpinia. I know FKG won't let you use the same char on a team twice, but would it be good to bloom my second copy and use her on team 2? Or should I try and get lucky with an upgrade so I don't have to use a Rainbow Dressbloom/Skillbloom to boost her?

This is a really hard decision so I wanted to ask before choosing on my own. Anyone with experience in this area?

I do not use any Dups. The only dup I would consider is Cymbidium as her skill activation is unique. I would go for the upgrade. Keep in mind you will get 12000 bond crystals and Dress bloom for the upgrade and 50-50 shot at Skill Bloom and another skill bloom in the life crystal shop in the day or two when it updates.

Taon
04-01-2018, 08:44 PM
If you don't have a decent selection of girls to use, namely 6* and/or 5* units that can bloomed to 80, I can see an argument for keeping and making use of a duplicate girl.

However; at some point you will have a good selection and will find that the duplicate is no longer needed and you'll be thinking of using it to upgrade the other and if you do that you will effectively have wasted all the manyus, upgrade materials, and gold in leveling that duplicate.

So if you decide to use a duplicate in your team, don't be in a hurry to pour upgrades into it; regard it as a placeholder.

Zeban
04-02-2018, 02:01 AM
Thanks for the input guys. You're right, I do spend a lot on a girl going from level 1 to 80 bloomed. And I'm always super low on coins it seems like, even with trying to use high level manyu spirits 10 at a time. I went ahead and did it. Got both the equip slot and skill upgrade! So nice!

phob
04-02-2018, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the input guys. You're right, I do spend a lot on a girl going from level 1 to 80 bloomed. And I'm always super low on coins it seems like, even with trying to use high level manyu spirits 10 at a time. I went ahead and did it. Got both the equip slot and skill upgrade! So nice!

Glad you got lucky and the bond crystals will be handy like tomorrow. I didn't have her and just got her bloomed today. Had a spare dress bloom that I used on her and when shop reopens will give her a skill bloom and 2nd affection.

MagicSpice
04-02-2018, 02:08 PM
i had this issue with a dupe sakura not long ago... i decided to feed the dupe to the original...

using a dupe or trying for more skill lv and equip slots are both good ideas... what is a BAD idea, is selling the dupe 5 and 6*'s you get from gachas....

NEVER sell them... they're way better used to buff previous copies or used in a 2nd team

Drip
04-02-2018, 02:44 PM
Behold my Raid Boss Poking Squad!

https://i.imgur.com/IuFUi8f.png

I already had both of them fully evolved, amped, skilled and equiped, and I just couldn't push the sell button on two of my favorite girls. Once I get all the other girls of their respective types evolved, I'll start leveling them. Which may actually happen in only a couple of weeks for Acacia.

Zandel
04-02-2018, 04:43 PM
i had this issue with a dupe sakura not long ago... i decided to feed the dupe to the original...

using a dupe or trying for more skill lv and equip slots are both good ideas... what is a BAD idea, is selling the dupe 5 and 6*'s you get from gachas....

NEVER sell them... they're way better used to buff previous copies or used in a 2nd team

I'm going to have to disagree with this slightly, If your 1st copy has 5/4 skill/equip then feel free to sell any additional copies you get. I know it sounds far fetched but quite a few of us have had 5* stalkers and gotten more than required to max 1 girl.

MagicSpice
04-03-2018, 03:59 PM
I'm going to have to disagree with this slightly, If your 1st copy has 5/4 skill/equip then feel free to sell any additional copies you get. I know it sounds far fetched but quite a few of us have had 5* stalkers and gotten more than required to max 1 girl.

in that case, why not build up another 5/4?

i know i would.... depends on the 5*, but i definitely would on a 6* since those are hard to come by (outside of deals/step-up gacha)

besides, given the fact that whaleship needs 40 suped up girls, you're likely gonna want as many 5* and 6* you can get

plus the levels of power in this game seem to be 6* at the top, with 5* gacha girls right below them, depending on bloomable girls of course

Zandel
04-03-2018, 04:53 PM
Well by now most of us have more than enough unique girls to fill out whaleship 4-5 times so keeping dupes ends up using too much space. I 'might' consider it for a 6* if I ever get one to full 5/4 status and then get a dupe of her but even that is uncertain.

MagicSpice
04-03-2018, 10:08 PM
in my case i've only been playing for 4 months.... quickly reached over rank 100 due to spamming tons of flower gems as refills, but that was mainly cause i focused on event 5*'s at the time (in fact, never did the storyline past chapter 12 yet). they hand out 5*'s like crazy this way so i figured a lot of them would carry the teams for a while

now that I CAN make a whaleship full of 5* and above, i'm more oriented towards pulling gacha with those flower gems. especially since events seem to give 16 each run and logins will help too.

due to this, i do have some grind points for whaleship (pretty much 9-3 or 4-4 if i don't want RNG involved), but still will take a moment

Zeban
04-04-2018, 10:38 PM
Yeah, I'm fairly new too. I just barely hit level 90 last week. There are some people I find who are like level 162. I find that I don't have enough coins to upgrade all of those 5* characters that they put out for the limited events, so I don't end up getting very many of them. I focus on my best characters instead. I have all of the 6* Bloomables right now except Nerine. I would never sell a 5 or 6*. Do people actually do that? Is there a benefit besides the bond crystals?

Taon
04-04-2018, 11:37 PM
Yeah, I'm fairly new too. I just barely hit level 90 last week. There are some people I find who are like level 162. I find that I don't have enough coins to upgrade all of those 5* characters that they put out for the limited events, so I don't end up getting very many of them. I focus on my best characters instead. I have all of the 6* Bloomables right now except Nerine. I would never sell a 5 or 6*. Do people actually do that? Is there a benefit besides the bond crystals?

The only reason to sell a 5/6* instead of merging is if you already have a 5/4 base copy of that girl and don't want to raise another copy. You get bond crystals for selling or merging, so that's not a factor. For those who have been around awhile and got event girls the first time around, the re-issue events are an easy 1000 bond crystals from selling the duplicate.

As for not having enough resources to level and enhance girls; don't sweat it. When starting out, just focus on the girls you like, but collect the others. At some point you'll catch up!

Zeban
04-05-2018, 12:14 AM
This is my current setup right now. I still have a ways to go just to get my girls bloomed. My whale ship looks even more attrocious... lol. I still have some 2* girls on the boats just to force a certain attack type for mission weaknesses.

MagicSpice
04-08-2018, 07:50 PM
This is my current setup right now. I still have a ways to go just to get my girls bloomed. My whale ship looks even more attrocious... lol. I still have some 2* girls on the boats just to force a certain attack type for mission weaknesses.

gotta use what you have....

it's why i have a whaleship that's still below 800k power (without the help of a friend) and i have to farm magic based missions for now.

which kinda makes it interesting cause weakness abuse makes up for about 30%-50% of the power you should have to reliably clear the stage, hence why stages that want around 1.1 mil power are still doable for me if they're magic-weak enemies

DevilComplex
04-09-2018, 09:14 AM
If I get a duplicate character from a summon, it's typically going to be used to level-up or otherwise improve the character it's a duplicate of, or another character that's lagging behind a bit on levels. New characters, I can either take or leave.